Byss

Darth Heretic

DeCaro came to another fork, one led to a gaping hole and the other a staircase leading further down into the abyss. Something seemed strange about the one on the right however, Though it appeared as a bottomless pit there was a certain energy about it. DeCaro attempted to clear his mind so he could better see. The pit, it seemed, wasnt entirely as it seemed to be there seemed to be a hidden stairwell leading down deeper into the abyss a stairwell that could only be seen throught the force.

Clever, very clever, DeCaro thought to himself a half smile on his lips. He stuck his foot over the open air and found that he was right and it was indeed solid. Slowly he descended into darkness once again and as he did his since of foreboding increased.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Although DeCaro thought it was a stairwell he would find that it was yet again another illusion---a very clever trick, a illusion within a illusion the mystery deepened.

The stairwell was in reality in fact a long narrow walkway leading forward across the chasm below although it appeared to lead downwards once he stepped onto it he found it was flat and was held up by thin pillars of rock below it, the walkway itself led onwards. Once DeCaro moved forwards he would find a cave like entrance that would lead him into a opening.

Upon the walls was 3 depictions all alike aside from subtle differences few would notice. The first looked akin to a man surveying all he saw, the second a man kneeling and the third to the right side was of one conducting a task of some sort---they appeared to show the depiction of apprentice rise to sith lord. DeCaro would find he was to arrange them in the correct order starting with the one he though represented the first stage to open a door that seemed to be attached to the floor (trapdoor) that would slide open if correct, if not the room would move inwards and crush him.

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

DeCaro found himself in another room that was completly empty except for a series of three pictures carved on the wall. The first depicted a man who looked like he was watching and waiting for something. The second looked like a man kneeling. And the third looked like the completing of an important task.

Frowning he ran his hands over the rough stone the images where carved in and found they could be removed from the wall on large slats of stone. He quickly decided that he must need to rearange the images into the correct order to progress. He shuddered to think of what might happen if he was wrong. Studying the pictures once again DeCaro thought he understood.

It was a series of events that showed waht was happening when one became a sith. He decided to try his luck and he placed the tile depicting a man completing a task into the fist slot. He then placed the picture of the surveying man into the next slot and finally the carving of a kneeling man was slid into the final slot. with the three images set back into the stone DeCaro waitred with baited breath to see if the sequence he chose was correct.

DeCaroSig.jpg

((Not quite right the kneeling guy was supposed to go to the left, task guy middle and surveying guy final (surveying guy a metaphor for ascension and surveying the galaxy in a new light) ))

DeCaro found that the door did not open, instead the whole cave like structure shook. Before long the walls began to move making it obvious he had put the wrong combination...he had to now find an alternate route inside.

The ground below him where he stood seemed slightly weaker than the rest of the floor, before long the ground gave way sending him hurtling down a large shute like pipeline and into a open arena filled with one or two corpses, skulls and other assorted limbs belonging to the dead.

Slowly the shambling corpses sprang to life and moved towards DeCaro. A few held what looking akin to giant axes---others were more agile moving towards him at speed wielding a sword to each arm while one or two simply shambling slowly firing blaster bolts at range...obviously when alive being of smuggler variety, all gave off a pungent smell of death and decay while they howled the odd groteseque mumble.

At the end of the arena was some kind of large giant onyx door behind which stood a mutated Greater Krayt Dragon---unbeknown to DeCaro of course all he could hear was the scream...the same scream he had previosuly heard.

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

((Well that explains alot I was never good with metaphors So thanks for clearing that up))

After his disasterous failed combination DeCaro found himself in what looked like a large underground arena. The first thing he noticed when he hit the ground was the sickly-sweet smell of rotting flesh. An earsplitting scream filled the air causing DeCaro to curl up and over his ears. Well that dosen't sound good DeCaro thought to himself, as he pushed himself off of the ground.

The long dead skeletons of others that had made it this far slowly started to rise from the ground weapons in hand. Two of the remains where whole corpses that shamble towards him slowly dragging behind them heavy bloodstained axes. Two other skeletons stood back a slowly fired at him with there ancient blasters. Three others moved quickly towards him with a wicked looking blade in each hand.

DeCaro took a firm grasp of the blades in his hands and rushed forward to meet his quick moving foes. He lashed out at the nearest skeleton which quickly parried and struck with it's other blade. DeCaro ducke as a blade passed harmlessly over his head and struck the skeleton DeCaro had been fighting with a moment before. The unsuspecting skeleton had no time to block as its head was lopped from its body by its rotting comrade.

Smirking DeCaro used his lowered position to his advantage and leg swept the skeleton. As he prepared to finish his downed opponent a blaster bolt struck him squarely in the chest. The underweave of his armor absorbed the bolt but it knocked him off balance and he landed heavily on his back his swords sliding away from him. He quickly rolled backwards, his swords forgotten as the third skeleton lunged forward attempting to impale DeCaro on his outstreched blade. DeCaro masterfully danced past the skeleton and spotted one of the shambling corpses with an axe practically on top of him.

DeCaro rolled forward barely avoided the axe as it came down where he had been a moment before. The corpse, with both hands on the axe which was embedded in the ground, attempted to wrest the axe from the ground. DeCaro lashed out with a series of quick jabs hitting the corpse in the soft areas of its body. Staggering backwards the corpse released his grip on the axe which DeCaro then seized and using all of his strength, he pulled it from the ground and swung it in a fast deadly arc that the corpse couldn't dodge. The heavy blade of the axe barely even slowed as it past through the rotted flesh of the corpse cutting it in haf from the shoulder to the waist. Using his newfound fury DeCaro quickly dispatched the remaing corpses and retrieved his vibroswords . He then stalked over to the great black doors that towered thirty meters above him. and placed a hand on the cool stone. There was something, large behind this door and Decaro wasn't sure if he wanted to know what it was.

DeCaroSig.jpg

The door slowly opened as DeCaro touched the stone shaking a little as crumbs feel from the top. Inside a young mutated medium sized Krayt Dragon lurked---waiting for his meal.

Once the door was open the Krayt leapt forward aiming for DeCaro---swinging one claw the beast sent him backwards before charging upon him.

It was when he was on the floor a voice entered his head again...the same voice as before.

''You cannot hope to defeat this beast, if you wish to survive you will need to push out with your mind. Visualize your target with your mind, then force it away from your consciousness. This should generate a push for you..use your senses. The more will power you pour into it, the greater the force exerted toward your target. The opposite would be to draw objects to you. The same principle applies, just the opposite affect.''

The voice subsided to nothing as the Krayt neared teeth ready to bite DeCaro piece by piece.

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro was knocke sensless as the huge Krayt dragon swiped at him. He heard the familiar vooice yet again telling him to will the creature away with his mind. He had never practiced much in the force except with the elders but they only taught to see not to fight. As the dragon launched itself forward, a dark force erupted in his core, spreading outword until he could feel the air around him vibarating with an intense energy. He threw up his arms and imagined thrusting the huge Krayt back into its hole. As he did a huge wave of force energy blasted from his fingertips and caught the Dragon in mid-air flipping it onto its back.

It was not what he hoped for but it would have to do. As the Dragon attempted to flip back over DeCaro quickly scanned the room hoping to find someting that would help him. Looking up he saw many large stalactites hanging from the ceiling. Hoping that it would work DeCaro reached out his conciousness and willed one of the larger stalactites down from the ceiling. With a loud crack it broke away from the ceiling and wobled unsteadily as DeCaro attempted to control the now free floating rock.

The Krayt flipped its self upright and stalked slowly towards DeCaro it's orange eyes glowing with hatred. Realizing he only had a few moment to pull this off DeCaro visualized the stalactite shooting down at the Krayt from twenty meters above. As he swung his arms downward the stalactite took off like a missle and just as the Krayt was ready to leap forward the rock pierced its skull and pinned it to the ground with a deafining crash that made DeCaro fear the whole cavern would collapse. The Krayt was dead and DeCaro moved forward to claim his prize the Krayt Dragon Pearl nestled in the hollow of its throat.

DeCaroSig.jpg

((Ok that'll do for the labyrinth I think afterall killing a Krayt is no easy feat now on to the actual training stage after a little discussion or so ))

During the whole fight DeCaro was watched...Lucifer was like a ghost viewing him defeating the re-animated corpses and the Krayt Dragon. It seemed he would need a new guardian as the beast was now of little value---no more than a corpse.

Allowing the miraluka to claim his prize the sith lord revealed himself, at first being as a mist and then taking physical form albeit hidden behind a hooded face that would conceal he was the same man whom DeCaro met earlier--at least for now.

The kiffar spoke.

''Impressive---not many could stand such onslaught and slay a Krayt Dragon as easily. You may keep the pearl it may prove useful later. I am Darth Lucifer however you may know me by another more...familiar name...that of Draco Vaanas my alias.''

With that moment the kiffar removed his hood to reveal it was the very same kiffar as before, only this time he would see what he truly looked like...his scar which seemed to be running cross one eye--the robotic eye which although seemed like any normal eye was in fact highly sophisticated technology.

Lucifer spoke again.

''Forgive the deception but it was necessary as I am sure you can understand. You passed my test however I have more questions for you questions which shall require answers...so you wish to learn the ways of the Sith. If this is true what makes you think you are worthy of joining a brotherhood as powerful as this? What have you done to deserve this power? Are you even fully aware of what that means.''

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro was surprised as he saw the same Kiffar he had seen in corascant standing in fron of him now. He pondered Darth Lucifer's questions carefully before speaking.

"I wish to join this brotherhood for only the sith can bring about stability in the galaxy through the chaos that follows them. The jedi are weak preaching passifism and peace and would let the galaxy devour itself for the sake of old teachings. The sith however are more discrete manipulating events and swaying many things in their favor. The jedi say that fear leads to the darks side but those fools do not no the true amount of power the dark side brings. Two thousand years ago the mandalorian wars nearly wiped out the republic and placed the galaxy under the boot of the Mandalorians. But the sith beat them back under the banner of Revan. This is what I wish to be to have the power to make these choices not influenced by the weakness of the Jedi Council.

As for waht I have done to deserve this power, I haveseen things that no jedi has seen. Long yeras of slavery the hatred of those who lord over you and laugh as the make your life hell. Few that become jedi from that life remain so falling back into their hatred. the are just lying to themselves keeping their anger and hatred boiling under the surface. I have no such illusions I will proudly admit that I harbor hatred for those who made my life miserable for those five long years and I would like nothing more to crush them like insects beneath the heel of my boot. And also, look around at this carnage Would you not say that I have great talent for death it is like painting a masterpiece and so far in my life this accomplishment is the greatest.

So i know fully well what this all means what this test represents and I assure you I will not fail you." DeCaro fisnished his legthy explanation and dropped don to one knee Incling his head towards his potential master.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Lucifer simply stood still completely unphased by the carnage...he had seen it all before, the man was arrogant much like he was at one time---yet within he felt the hatred below the surface, there was perhaps value, perhaps this man could be of some use.

''Creating death is easy, anyone can create a mastery of death but it takes a sith to truly apprechiate their work. What you have done is a accomplishement yes but one of little meaning compared to what is to come. We are all subserviant to the force it's by it's will that we meet and exist.

If you are to become my student you must forget all you know, leave all you knew behind you...your past, your friends and family for this journey is a personal one from which you shall be reborn.

However first you will tell me what you know of the Dark Side of it's true nature as you view it. Only by knowing what it is---what it really is will you ever be more than a tool to use.''

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro looked up a little taken aback by the question. Thinking carefully about his answer, DeCaro spoke.

"My people teach that the Dark side is but one half of the same whole and that as such the light and dark sides of the force are inherently the same. The darkside of the force feeds on the darker aspects of the human psyce those parkts that are driven by primitive thoughts such as hatred, fear, lust, ectera. It's counterpart feeds from purity and goodness and therefore is much more difficult to master. This gives the illusion that the Dark side is more powerful since it is easier to give in to these primitive instincts, while in actuality neither side is weaker than the other nor more powerful only those who use it. Of course the jedi say it is evi but evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual. " DeCaro finished looking at Lucifer.

DeCaroSig.jpg

The kiffar gave a nod, it seemed his new would be apprentice was more informed than he had given him credit for.

The sith lord spoke.

''You are right in part, the darkside does indeed glorify the strength of an individual as it does releash your inner power---a inner strength however this is where the truth becomes known.

The lightside is no more difficult to master than that of the darkside it is an illusion used by the jedi to give them a air of superiority over us. In reality the darkside is freedom, a freedom of the force that the jedi would try to disway people as you away from...away from what they fear and the unknown. It is the darkside that allows us to experience every emotion, express that emotion which makes us what we are and empowers us to enhance it while the jedi must suffer emotionless...just shells of their former selfs---weak and as a sheep to the herd.

The jedi would chain a false reality over your eyes we as sith destroy these chains that hold lesser men and woman and for this we are hated, branded as murderers...butchers and worse. Tell me what do you know of the delusion of the jedi, of their talk of self sacrifice when you are but a slave to yourself and the galaxy---what do you really know...will you break the chains or remain bent on one knee to the will of others.''

Lucifer waited...hoped that this man was all he thought he was. That his words would empower him with the conviction to do what must be done and break away from all he knew--to break the chains of normality and traditional morality and become something more. He hoped he stirred the hatred within his heart of the galaxy and would work towards bringing forth chaos that order would follow.

''How can you claim to deserve such power when you were but a slave...a slave to yourself and to morality. IF you wish to become my apprentice and becoem a sith you must break apart what you were. Can you truly accept the price you must pay for such freedom, such desire for revenge---can you accept that you shall be hated, despised, outcast for what you are to become, for seeing past the veil and accept that it shall be inevitable that eventually you shall be consumed by the darkside such is the price of it's use.

Your answer shall decide your fate so answer faithfully and truthfully.''

The sith lord wiated for his answer....if DeCaro was willing to accept the consequances of his decision then he would have proven his worth.

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro rose to his feet pondering this new found logic. It seemed that his would be master possesed an extreme amount of logic and unlike ohther he kept a very level head about these things.

"The jedi are, by their own teachings slves to everyone around them. They posess all the power in the universe but do not use it for fear of what it may turn them into. I refuse to be bound by such petty restraints, for that is a weakness and the weak will not prevail. if they cannont think or do for themselves they are weak and therfore deserve to die. My life of chains is finished and I will not be bound into the same weakness ever again. For if I do I am weak and deserve death." DeCaro stated his passion ingniting deep within his core and expanding his perceptions and broadening his understanding of what his potential master had just taught him.

DeCaroSig.jpg

The kiffar let a rare smile grip his lip. He spoke calmly yet in a tone that denoted that he was of a understanding aptitude.

''Then I have made the right choice in you. Today you are a miraluka no more---but reborn as my apprentice. Come...you have much to learn in little time.''

With this Lucifer led the way pressing what seemed like a hidden code input device built into the arena wall that once pressed slid open to reveal a stairwell up to the main cavern area where the forge and everything else resided.

Leading DeCaro into a certain room the sith lord searched until he found a ancient looking parchment, placing it into the miraluka's hand he spoke.

''Read this, these the tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorized. Learn them, understand them. They will lead you to the true power of the Force; the power of the dark side. Once you are done enlighten me with a answer to this question. What line means mosts to you and why."

On the parchment was etched the sith code---written in what was now dried blood whereas years before it would be fresh.

The Sith Code was as follows:

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall set me free.

((Basically choose a line which is more in line with your assassin/warrior mentality))

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro took the ancient scroll from his new Master's outstretched hands and looked upon it. It's contetns were written in what seemed to be blood which was better for Decaro to be able to read them. It read:

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

Through victory, My chains are broken.

The Force shall set me free.

He played this over again and again in his mind memorizing every word and pondering a deeper meaning. As he did this he thouaght of his Master's question which line was the most important and why.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Peace was not possible and never would be for it was the opposite side of the same coin it shared with war and destruction. You could not have one without the other. But in beliving in yourself and what is going on around you, you can be passionate in some things.

Turning to your passion could embolster you with an inner strength knowing that you have something of your own.

Strength empowers the user and power is gained from it for the strong survive and the weak are destroyed such is the nature of life.

Using your power agianst those who would dare oppose you would give you victory over the weak and place you on top.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

Acheiving victory, whether large or small gave you the power to transcend it's petty limitations and breaks your cahins holding you to that part of your life.

The Force shal set me free.

In this you are free from the weaknesses of those around you. you have broken away from your previous life completely showing a greater power than those around you that are still scurrying about there pointless lives. Finding that he had an answer for his Master, DeCaro sought him out and knelt.

"Master I have done as you have asked and I have an answer for you," DeCaro rose and began to speak,

"All aspects of the Sith code are important to reach full enlightenment. They are all interwoven tightly and if you were to only follow one part of the code you would only have broken one part of your bond to this existence and will never reach true understanding. There is no peace only the passion that you have for that which you love. Peace is an illusion to make the weak minded feel safe.

Using your passion you can have the strength to overcome the weakness in this life. If you have no strength you will ultimately be weak and therefore worthy of nothing except death. Using your strength, you can gain the power to overcome the trials of this life and gain victory, and by gaining this victory the chains to that life are forever broken allowing the Force to work fully through you and setting you apart, or free. This is what i belive and I will stand by my decision. One cannot transcend by following a broken system, no you must have all parts working simultaniously and therefore all parts are equally important." DeCaro finished. He stood there waiting for his Master's reply.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Lucifer was pleased with his apprentice reply and thus he did not fault it when he spoke.

''Excellent answer. Just as a machine cannot work without parts so too does the code not work without understanding in it's full context. Come I have something to show you.''

With that the kiffar led DeCaro to the vast vault inputting the correct combinations and scanning his iris etc until finally the vast door opened to reveal a collection of holocrons, swords and sith artefacts that would cause many a sith to envy them...it was the cultimation of years worth of Lucifer's former master and himself collecting various objects, the sith lord was it's guardian until Mortis Diabolus returned as was his thought that he would someday.

Walking inside and standing still he motioned his apprentice in before speaking.

''Look about you. These are the cultimation of my former master and ym travels...various artefacts and holocrons, lost treasures of the sith located and logged here that apprentices as you may learn from them. Everything you need is here---this room is bathed in the darkside---use it in your tasks.''

Pausing a moment the kiffar continued as he produced a holocron from one of the shelves and placed it in the hands of his new apprentice. "I warn you do not be tempted by the lure of all this power. Without proper training and guidance, you would lose yourself...your very soul to the spirits of former Dark Lords of Sith as I almost did."

Lucifer closed his apprentice's hands around the holocron, applying enough pressure to make him tense up from the pain, enough that he drew blood and that reminded him he was still mortal.

"Remember my words. Tonight you will not sleep or eat. I want you to meditate on the holocron. You will need to bond with it, in order to unlock the secrets locked away within it's grasp. By morning I shall hope to feel the holocron as a part of you however do not attempt to open it alone...less you pay the price and invoke my anger."

With that Lucifer made for one of the rooms where he took to resting, leaving his apprentice to his task.

Akheron.jpg

The holocron was surprisinglty warm as if alive, and There was an immense amount of Force energy around it as DeCaro could see through the Force. DeCaro wiped the blood from his hand on his robes and sat crosslegged in the center of the room placing the pyramidal holocron upon the floor in front of him. The holcron was covered in many strange markings and hieroglphs. DeCaro knew that this holocron must hold some vast store of information and could here the faint whisperings of power begging him to unleash them.

DeCaro resisted this urge for he knew if he gave in and opened the holocron his master would punish him in a most severe manner. DeCaro probed his conciousness forward until it enveoped the holocron. The whipering subsided for a moment before resuming once more this time speaking directly to his conciousness.

Come it hissed Release me so I may give you my knowledge, so I can share my power with you Miraluka

DeCaro attempted to drive the unseen entity out but to no avail it lagued at his feeble efforts.

You hunger for power, I can feel it, open the holocron and I will give you what you seek, power beyond your wildest dreams It hissed again. Using all his will power DeCaro repeled this unseen being from his mind and pulled back from the holocron his brow covered in a sheen of sweat. For the rest of the night he sat and meditated on the holocron but he did not dare reach out to it with his subconcious again.

DeCaroSig.jpg

As dawn came Lucifer rose from his slumber. Eating a quick ration snack rather than a hot meal he made his way where he had left his apprentice, with any hope he had accomplished his task.

The kiffar spoke upon seeing the miraluka sitting with the holocron...he could feel the bond, it seemed his apprentice was smarter than he when he first attempted it and not invoked the spirit from within. Indeed he was beginning to exceed his expectations but for how long was soon to be known, from here on things would only get harder---he knew this best of all.

''You have accomplished your task I see, well done. Although I was half expecting you to explore the various other artefacts in here given the temptation was there.

However that is irrelevant of the moment, your next task awaits. Come we move to the beach but first I shall need to input your iris and avrious other information into the scanners that in future you may access the information freely for further study.''

With that sentiment the sith lord walked from the vault and as his apprentice followed. He quickly took a scan of DeCaro...staring with his iris, DNA and various other such information before inputting it all into the scanner and handing him a set of codes that would allow him to access the first level of the holocron vault--anything over and he would need to consult the sith lord Lucifer until such a time as he was a sith lord himself.

After all was done Lucifer led the miraluka to the main entrance, the hidden doorway within the cliff face that led straight onto the beach. Opening it up the kiffar stood upon the orange like sand allowing the darkside to flow freely around the two before shutting the entrance behind them, to anyone else it would appear as if a normal cliff---nothing more, nothing less.

Lucifer stood in front of a pile of various sized pebbles and stones from small to medium. He waited until DeCaro was in front of him before speaking.

''The darkside is a pathway to many abilities however if you are to master it you must first master yourself and control your inner hatred to form a weapon from it. Focus yourself upon all you hate in this life---draw from that hatred and attempt to lift these stones but do not let such hatred control you---be it's master. Such a feat is possible no matter if you think otherwise all that is needed is to stretch forth your feelings of rage and hatred...see past reality as you know it and loose such a misconception. Lift them to your will just as you follow the will of the force. Feel the force, feel the darkside...feel the stones...all are one.''

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro was eager to prove himself and he thrust out with his conciousness and enveloped some of the small pebbles with his mind. He could see the force surrounding them and he focused on his anger and hatred. The pebbles shook slightly and began to rise and immediatly dropped back to the sand. Gritting his teeth DeCaro treid once again to raise these pebbles. Again he had the same disastourus results.

After an hour of practice with these pebbles DeCaro thought he might be getting the hang of it. He stretched his arm forward and opened his hand allowing the force to flow freely between the pebbles and himsef like a conduit. The pebbels immediatly reacted to his command and rose from the sand and hovered a few inches from the ground. DeCaro visualized the stones floating closer to him and closer to waist level and slowly the small stones floated towards him and hovered at waits level some of the large stones wobbled slightly before DeCaro concentrated more on his rage and thrust out with the force bending the stones to his will.

DeCaro turned to his master waiting for him to speak.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Lucifer looked at his apprentice unaffected by his progress...it was good yes, but he still had alot to learn. Once he was successful the sith lord spoke once more.

''You have grasped the task remember what you have learnt well, moving stones is akin to childs play but with constant practice such a ability can be used to move even the largest of objects...some are even able to move star destroyers on a whim such is the capacity of an ability. When you reach your full potential you too may someday accomplish this should you choose to specialise in this area of expertise.

However on to your next task---Look at the cliff in front of you. You as I knwo that to climb it would normally take hours perhaps days, however with the darkside of the force such a thing can take mere minutes to accomplish.''

Pausing a moment the kiffar continued.

''As before focus your hatred into a tool. Use it to empower your body...there is a buffer between you and the floor right at your feet, feel that buffer---focus your rage and hate into it. Your task is to climb to the top of the cliff avoiding any obstacle that I place in your path. Upon reaching the top I want you to propel yourself downwards..to 'jump' using what I have just taught you...use the darkside to cushion your fall and make the distance, less you die.''

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro began to focus on the Force that was flowing around him willing bolster his leg strength. His rage and hate allowed a great amount of force power to gather in his muscles. Bending his knees DeCaro lept upwards proplling himself three meters into the air. Upon the shock of this new height he released his concentration and landed on his back in all the wind knocked from him.

His humiliation fuled his rage and he tnsed once more leaping six meters into the air and he guided himself forward landing on a small out cropping. A large rock broke free from the cliff side and DeCaro wondered if this was a coincidence or one of his masters obstacles. Gathering himself DeCaro jumped once more and found himself halfway up the cliff. With nothing to hold onto he pushed off the rock face and sprang another five meters into the air. A large amount of rocks came hurtling down at him and Since DeCaro was in mid jump there was no avoiding them.

He instead reached out with the force and blasted the rocks aside and landed lightly on top of the twenty meter cliff. He looked down at the immense drop and took a steadying breath and stepped off the edge concentrating on his hatred and fear. The air around him almost seemed to thicken slowing his descent and DeCaro knew he had done this corectly. He landed at the bottom of the cliff and a large grin split over his face.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Lucifer decided upon a break that his apprentice learn abit more about the order he had just joined. As DeCaro landed he motioned for him to take a seat upon the sand as he spoke.

''Take a seat...for now the physical aspect of training is over for the day however you shall now travel inwards. We shall discuss the history of the order and your thoughts upon it but first tell me what do you know of the sith order---of our origins as defined by history.''

Lucifer waited for an answer as he sat upon the sand, it was slowly getting dark but he paid little mind to it instead lighting up a small fire to light the darkness as they spoke.

((Try and be realistic about it as I doubt your guy would know too much about the sith other than bits and pieces he may have found out himself.))

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro sat cross legged in front of his master and began to speak, telling him what he knew of the rise of the sith empire.

"Before the sith was only the Jedi order. This was many millenia ago. The Jedi order served the Republic as advisors and peacekeepers. They understood the dangers of the Dark Side and stayed primarily to the Light. But not all were content with the Light Side. Although forbidden to do so, a few individuals chose to secretly study the Dark Side of the Force; Studying the magics of anger and chaos. Their numbers grew until the inevitable confrontation between the Light and the Dark. This came to be known as the Great Schism; Jedi against Jedi, brother against brother. The Dark Jedi, finally defeated after a century of bloodshed, took their battered ships into exile, crossing the galaxy into the unknown. There the vanquished Dark Jedi found a primitive civilization, a new people to dominate, the Sith. With unlimited resources and willing slaves, the Jedi exiles forged the Sith civilization into a powerful Empire."

He cleared his throat and continued "After many centuries the Sith Empire grew to a vast, rich realm spanning several star systems. This was the Golden Age of the Sith. The Empire was led by many Sith Lords and one supreme ruler, the Dark Lord of the Sith. This title was passed from one generation to the next, with only one Dark Lord at a time. Although little is known of the first several Dark Lords, 5,200 years ago Marka Ragnos defeated Simus for the title and ruled during the pinnacle of the Golden Age. The Sith Lords built huge stone temples to house the remains of their Dark Lords, and used their magic to create creatures of unspeakable horror to guard the tombs. The Sith Lords crafted many things on the backs of the Sith people, many architectural wonders. The Sith Lords also created many artifacts in this time, items infused with their malevolent Sith power. Some enhanced the wielders power in the Dark Side, others were made to focus Sith energy into a certain effect. The Sith people and the Sith Lords intermarried, and some of pure Sith blood gained the status of Sith Lord."

"Centuries later A fallen jedi named Exar Kun waged war agains the republic leaving it weak. This opened the gates for the Mandalorian wars to begin. the warlike Mandalorians began a series of brutal attacks against worlds throughout the Outer Rim. In desperation, the Republic turned to the Jedi Council for aid. The learned Masters wanted to proceed with customary caution and due care before embarking on a long and destructive military campaign; however, more immediate help came in the form of two young Jedi Knights named Revan and Malak. Ignoring the dictates of the Jedi Council, the charismatic pair recruited many to their cause, rallying the impulsive youth of the Order with cries of victory and glory. With Revan and Malak at the head of their great fleet, the Republic set forth to drive the invaders back. The Mandalorian Wars were long and bloody, and many Jedi perished in the struggle. Yet, at its end, the Republic emerged triumphant, and Revan and Malak were hailed as heroes."

"But the heroes of the Mandalorian Wars did not leave the war untouched; something about the Outer Rim worlds twisted and corrupted them. On Korriban, Revan uncovered the lost secrets of the Sith and became the heir to an ancient and evil legacy. Succumbing to the lure of the dark side, the fallen Jedi assumed the title of Darth Revan, Lord of the Sith. Malak was chosen as the Dark Lord's apprentice, and the great fleet under their control abandoned the Republic and swore fealty to their new Sith masters. With their army of followers, Revan and Malak returned not as saviors, but as conquerors. For two years battles raged on the perimeters of Republic space. The Sith gained victory after victory, until the Jedi set a trap to capture Revan and Malak. But during the chaos of battle, Malak turned on his master and tried to destroy both Revan and the Jedi, but his plan failed. Revan was captured by the Jedi, but Malak escaped and proclaimed himself the new Dark Lord, swearing revenge on the Jedi and Revan. Revan, stripped of his memory and former identity, became a pawn of the Jedi in an attempt to track down Malak. With the aid of the Jedi Bastilla, the brainwashed Revan relearned the ways of the Jedi while on a mission from the Jedi Council to find Malak, completely unaware of having a previous identity. Revan finally caught up with his former apprentice on the ancient Star Forge station. In that final confrontation, the traitorous Malak was defeated. Contradictory records have been uncovered on what happened to Revan after that, so his true fate is unknown."

"Um, then there was Darth Bane and the rule of two...and um," DeCaro's memory faltered and he looked to his master to tell him the next part of their history.

DeCaroSig.jpg

((Ok We have waited long enough I think and since no-one seems to be answering my question let's continue. I'll just have to improvise explaining the history up to the point where Sidious died a second time and beyond that take as that information is not available to Lucifer at the current time other than what he knows via personal experience being of the modern era sith and learned about on the holonet etc.))

Lucifer listened impressed somewhat...interesting, it seemed his apprentice was well informed---to a point this would be where he would need to intervene and explain the rest.

The kiffar spoke as the ashes of the fire blew in a slight breeze into the air around them.

''It seems you are well informed however it also seems you are missing some information allow me to enlighten you as to the rest my apprentice. Indeed there was the Rule Of Two instigated by Darth Bane who hoped to fix the problems that plagued the sith...a gambit to be sure but a dangerous one that was eventually to prove unsuccessful. However it did not happen staright away but after a period of time.

Darth Bane was originally a member of The Brotherhood of Darkness a re-embodiment of the original sith order founded by Lord Kaan consisting of thousands of sith and lasting 1200 years before it's destruction, this was to be the last great gathering of sith until recent times. This sith had the principle right but he went about it the wrong way in that he put forth the priniciple and declared within the brotherhood when he became Dark Lord that 'All Sith Are Equal In The Brotherhood Of Darkness' and following the creed 'Rule By The Strong' however it was not too last as you know.

Darth Bane was opposed to the idea thinking it a parody of the Jedi Order the Sith had set out to destroy, a twisted image of it. Secretly it was he who sought out Darth Revan's holocron on Lehon in order to find a way to destroy the order and rebuild it in his image however it was not he but the jeid who would see an end to the order when during the Ruusan Campaign and the cultimation of the Seventh Battle Of Ruusan at it's conclusion Lord Kaan detonated a thought bomb destroying all his followers and any force users within the immeditate vicinity and thus stopping the jedi from as he saw it winning, a mistake on his part. Out of that battle only three walked away unscathed...Darovit, the soon to be apprentice of Bane---Darth Zannah and Darth Bane himself.

This allowed Darth Bane to inact his plan of the Rule Of Two when he undertook the mantra 'Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it'. At the time of the Brotherhood Of Darkness shotrly before it's destruction he believed it had weakened itself by allowing too many numbers into its ranks and thus as I said set about repalcing to rebuild the sith order into a secretive machination consisting of no more than one master, one apprentice a process which was not undone for a millenium.

During the early days of the Rise Of The Imperial Empire a sith master b ythe name of Darth Sidious adopted this mantra for several years training apprentices such as Darth Maul, Darth Tyrannus and his most formidable apprentcie Darth Vader in this way until he was betrayed by Vader when he was persuaded back to the light by the interference of his son the jedi Luke Skywalker who was trained by Darth Vader's old jedi mentor Obi-Wan-Kenobi and Yoda thus ensuring Darth Sidious first death.

Hi second occured when the now Jedi Grandmaster Skywalker and his friends the smuggler Han Solo, the wookie Chewbacca and his sister Leia Organa Solo and wife to Han with help sabotaged the former emperors clone tubes preventing him from being reborn on this planet...Byss. This is where my knowledge fails me for no information I have found provides an insight into what followed after Darth Sidious reign other than modern times and to our current Dark Lord, if you wish to explore further I suggest asking a for of the more experienced Sith Masters once you are knighted as a Sith Lord.

That is all for now get some rest. Tommow we begin your hand to hand training and the art of learning Teras Kasi that you may be become a unstoppable force against your enemies, the sith's and mine.''

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro nodded and stood brusshing himself off and followed his master into his compound and DeCaro decided to practice a bit. He unsheathed his blades and started a combat sequence slowly at first the n eventually his blades carved glittering arcs through the air as DeCaro completed this exotic and deadly dance. He practiced for an hour on his blades and unarmed combat before practicing on his force powers. He reached out with his mind and lifted a small desk into the air while simultaniously attempting to lift various objects around him finaly exerted by his efforts DeCaro slept.

DeCaroSig.jpg

At the coming of dawn DeCaro would find that his sleep was unceremoniously disturbed when Lucifer took it upon himself to rouse his apprentice via using the force to literally fling him from his bed and onto the hard floor.

The sith lord spoke.

''Ah good you are awake...come, we have much work to do today.''

With that he made his way outside again to the same spot where they had stood the previous night. Today was going to be a fulfilling exercise it had been a while since he had to use his Teras Kasi this exercise would serve them both---to his apprentice he would learn of how to best protect himself and counter while to the kiffar it would serve as practice and prove to himself he was not rusty.

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro rose from the floor cursing under his breath and stretched. He followed his master outside to the same pplace as the day before and waited. His master had said something about learning something called Teras Kasi, And DeCaro was quite curious to see what it was.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Standing facing his apprentice the sith lord spoke.

''Today you learn of Teras Kasi or 'Steel Hand' as some call it in basic...a powerful close combat fighting system that has existed for generations and still exists to this day. Before you learn it however you shall first learn a little of it's history and the reason for it's potency.

Pausing a moment the kiffar continued.

''Teras Kasi was created sometime prior to 3,678 BBY on the planet Bunduki by the Followers of Palawa, refugees of the planet Palawa. Which was devastated earlier in a war involving the Jedi Council. The Followers of Palawa created Teräs Käsi solely to defeat Jedi, and presumably, ensure that another world would never be destroyed by the actions of the Council. The Followers of Palawa studied The Force and Midi-chlorians, even though they themselves were not necessarily force sensitive.

Sith have been using Teras Kasi almost as long with some lightsaber duelists using Teräs Käsi techniques in combat, most notably Darth Maul. Thist style of combat enables a user to develop extreme speed, an aptitude for anticipating strikes and teaches you how to close your mind to both Jedi and Sith alike, thus protecting yourself from mental based attacks. Teräs Käsi has a developed set of fighting skills, and Nine Edicts...listen well and learn them and you shall become a near unstoppable wall of fury to your enemies.

Pausing again Lucifer continued.

''However first you must be prepared physically and mentally Teras Kasi is not for the weak. Take up your usual combat stance let me see your posture.''

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro nodded and dropped into a defensive position. his legs were slightly bent and he led with his left foot. His arms guarded his center while his handwhere loosley curled into fists. The stance was slightly wide allowing him to shift his weight easily and quickly and His arms allowed for a moderate defense and quick strikes. He shifted his weight slightly and settled into a motionless stance that was easily flexible to most attacks.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Lucifer moved around his apprentice inspecting him until suddenly pulling his legs from under him, testing his defences.

''Come at me, show me what you know. Show no mercy or pity for I shall shall you none.''

With that sentiment the kiffar took up the animal like movement of Teras Kasi stance before striking at DeCaro attempting a Leaping Veermok with it's leaping action so that his boot would strike into the apprentices gut or so was the hope of the action.

((http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teras_Kasi use this for reference to some of the moves I'm using. Teras Kasi is based on the RL martial art Silat so I suggest looking it up a little.))

Akheron.jpg