Byss

Darth Heretic

*KR looks melancholy, if not down right pissed. It was him Vs. Andon Colos, Hale Akturus, 216 fighters, and X amount of capitol ships. That wasn't very fair...*

"Damn... I think I'm a popular little boy today. Too bad I have to leave the party early... "

*KR could sense the Rebel fleet about to jam Communications, so he set all the weapons to auto fire, as he went into the Byss defense grid again. He accessed the self-destruct sequence, and set it to 10 seconds. If this had been a busy installation, where the Sith had been down planetside fighting as well, KR would have hesitated, but since it was an inactive system, with little real value, and KR had essentially been raped, this didn't seem like a terrible idea. KR began to laugh insanely, as he turned his ship to face the enormous fleet coming right up his ass.

The Angelic ship unsheathed it's sword, then went forward at full speed, the fleet was just ahead of him. KR focused his mind and pushed himself with the force, nearly doubling his speed. His ship plowed through the fleet, dodging fire with ease. A fighter came toward him, in attack position. KR laughed, then extended the hand of his mech, and as he did so the ship imploded instantly, shattered with the power of the force. KR's hatred was strong, he hated those Jedi, he hated this damn fleet, and he really hated his allies for tricking him into doing this in the first place, but mostly he hated the damn ships that were working their way toward him. KR screamed and plowed forward faster still, the heavy fire waning as KR grit his teeth. He used the force amplification Loki provided to force all the enemy fighters within 50 meters to implode, the bodies of the pilots imploding into a bloodied smear before thier ships created a beautiful display. Seven ships met an early and unheroic end, a fireball through which KR passed his ship, and exited the range of the Capitol ship's fire.*

"WEAK, YOU'RE ALL SO WEAK!!!"

*KR laughed maniacally, watching as the Byss installation went up in a giant fireball, leaving the Jedi to their own devices. If they were smart enough to escape the blast that engulfed the very ground they stood on, then they were some damn lucky Jedi, but KR presumed them to be dead. KR kept the ships back to the enemy fighters, and laughing harder still the Sith Master leapt into hyperspace, leaving the catastrophe behind...*

krstorm.gif.a46e550419daa19d41d206a1706d1044.gif

Forn watched from the viewports as the three star cruisers continued to pour fire into the Sith Temple's defences, but by now, several of the surface battaries had begun to fire upon the three Mediator-class ships; several blasts caught the Liberator off guard, causing the bridge to shake violently. As she gave out her orders, that same sensor officer from earlier reported to her.

"Ma'am, we've got a contact inbound, heading for the starfighter perimeter. It looks like a fighter, but its nothing we've seen before..."

"Have Blue Wing intercept," the general replied. "Take no chances, I want that thing destroyed! Damage control, get those hits repared!"

"Yes, ma'am"

This proved easier said then done. As the E- and A-wing fighters of Blue Wing moved to intercept the unidentified bogey, the strange ship suddenly picked up speed, streaking through the starfighter screens, taking down seven of the defenders as he did so. The General winced to herself at this sudden display of raw power, but thankfully, no one on the bridge noticed her momentary lapse of decorum.

"Get a track on that thing," she barked at the sensor officer and his crew. "I want to know what kind of ship that thing is and how to fight it!"

"Understood, ma'am!"

That, also, proved easier said then done. As the sensors began to peer at this strangely-designed vessel that had so easily ripped through the task force, its unknown pilot sent the ship streaking off into hyperspace, its course unknown, but heading Rimward. As it did so, the turbolasers on the planet below, along with the area of bare ground in which they stood, suddenly erupted in a fountain of flames and flying debris. Obviously, this stranger had managed to trigger a self-destruct protocol.

"Damn..." Forn muttered to herself as the bandit got away. When she spoke again, her voice was a gritty plane of determination. "There's nothing more we can do about our friend...lets get back to it. Continue the bombardment, we want to make sure we wipe this planet clean of the Sith's taint."

She turned to her adjutant, then. "Once the bombardment is completed, send down all troops on board. We're going to secure this place for the Rebellion. The task force will remain here for the time being, I'm taking Skipjack 1 back to Gala. You're in command here, Colonel Harriman."

Colonel Nathen Harriman saluted his General with aplomb, and Forn answered.

"Aye, madam. You can count on me..."

As the Liberator and the other two Mediator-class star cruisers finished turning the Sith temple into rubble, Forn left the command bridge and made her way deliberately back to the hanger bay, where the Borleias Sunset stood by, powered up and ready. With care to avoid the big guns of the fleet as she departed, Forn eased the Blastboat out of the hanger and into space. Seeing their leader emerge form the cruiser, the other eleven members of Skipjack 1 formed up behind her.

"Good to see you, General," said her wingman.

"Indeed," she replied, her voice neutral. "Let's head back to Gala."

As the twelve Blastboats streaked off into hyperspace, the fleet finished their bombardment operations. Standing up straight and tall as he had all his life, Colonel Harriman assumed General Dodonna's place on the Liberator.

"Begin landing our troops," he said determinedly.

With the order given, several medium-sized transports emerged from the three-ship task force, making their way to the collapsed sinkhole that used to be the underground Sith Academy. Apparently, this stranger had been Byss's only sentient defender. As the three thousand Alliance troopers emerged and secured the area, they began to look for signs of life among the wreckage. The darkness that still lurked there to a degree made the skin on some of the more sensitive of them crawl.

((OOC: Edited to comply with mod ruling))

Edited by Guest

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

"The Emperor has made a critical error, and the time for our

attack has come..." Mon Mothma, Return of the Jedi

Kakuto...dear... the academy is empty of everyone except slaves...you just needed to post the automated defenses. There are no PC's here...you can't block the communications and such since this is just supposed to be the automated system going off...

Thank you for being so diligent and all, but ... um... there is no one here to defend...and a sith just needed to be the one to post those automated defenses going off. Okay dear... ???

Okay Jedi...here is the ruling...Kakuto is actually just posting the automated defenses...you don't actually know that there are no sith down there...please play fair and fight through the automated defenses...and Don't just land...thanks for understanding. You guys are sweeties.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

OOC - Okay, you're going to have to be a bit more clear and concise about that. Does the explosion Kakuto Ryu made stand? If so, here is my reply. If not, I take it we are just among the trees then.

The head of Hale Akturus pops out of a small lake of strange, dark water. The Jedi Knight, submerged up to his chin, looks around at the carnage the explosion had wreaked. All around the lake, trees were burning. As Akturus looks about, the head of Andon Colos pops up out of the water. As Akturus and Colos move to the side of the lake, the Jedi Knight decides to keep breathing through his A99 aquata breather ”“ the air around the two Jedi was quickly filling with thick smoke. As the two Jedi pull out of the lake, Akturus squeezes some of the dark water out of his clothes. Akturus then ignites his lightsaber, and cuts through a few blackened trees, clearing a small landing for the two Jedi. With that done, Akturus turns to Colos. The Jedi Knight takes the breather out of his mouth for a moment to speak to his apprentice.

"Great idea plunging into the water like that, you know I don't like getting my hair wet."

Akturus then looks around, and finally notices the absence of the third Jedi, Airleas Lianahan, the Jedi Knight's second master. As Andon Colos looks quizzically at Akturus, the Jedi Knight turns away and surveys the rest of the damage. After a few moments, Akturus turns back to Colos, and once again removes his breather.

"That old temple, or the hidden training base, must have blown up ”“ a self-destruction type of thing, no doubt. I think our ships are alright; where we are now wasn't hit that badly, and our ships are farther out. Let's go see."

Orrick's surprise as he dropped out of hyperspace was not unfounded. Before him unfolded a scene of chaos. An entire fleet, which Orrick quickly recognized as Rebel, was swarming above the planet. Obviously, Hale and Andon got more help than they expected...

With several hand motions across the controls, Orrick hailed the Rebel fleet.

---Open Comm---

"Greetings rebel fleet. This is Jedi Knight Orrick, here at Byss on a special mission. Please hold your fire." He was responded to not by a communications officer, but a high ranking officer.

"Welcome to the Byss system, master Jedi. We have secured the space around the planet, and are now working on securing the planet itself."

"Copy that... Just watch your fire... There's a Jedi task force down on the surface. Orrick over and out."

However, before waiting for further instructions, Orrick quickly headed downwards, into the open atmosphere. As he did, he opened himself up to the Force, searching for any sign of his friends. In normal circumstances, this would have been near impossible... but his friends contrasted against the dark surroundings. He quickly zeroed in on their position...

Post Number 168...

Orrick.jpg

I survived SANITY'S END, November 04

I survived the crash of '04

Proud member of the Yo Mama Movement

((OOC: This is Colonel Harriman's "voice"))

As the last of the planetary defenses were silenced, Colonel Nathen Harriman continued to pace the length of the command bridge of the Liberator. Beyond a dozen starfighters lost, and light to moderate damage (with injuries) to the Mon Calamari cruisers in the task force, there was little in the way of casualties. Indeed, the lack of a more coherent defense made the Colonel, like General Dodonna, think that either they had been lured into a trap, or they had been extremely lucky. But as he continued to oversee the landing of Rebel Marines, one of the controllers came up to him.

"Sir, we've got a new ship entering the system. Type unknown, but we've recieved a message from it."

Harriman listened intently as the message, from a Jedi Knight calling himself Orrick, was repeated. After sending off his response, Nathen turned to his fire-controllers.

"Track that ship, and give it covering fire if needed. Alert Captain Mandrake as to where it lands, and have him send a platoon in support. Damage Control teams, get to work. Let's keep a sharp eye out, folks."

With the same skill and efficiency they displayed when responding to General Dodonna, the bridge crew of the star cruiser Liberator rushed to obey Harriman's orders. At last beginning to relax, the Colonel sat down in the command chair, and relayed one more order.

"Also, tell Captain Mandrake that if he encounters any former Sith slaves on the surface, he must see to their care and eventual repatriation."

--------------------------------------------

On the surface of Byaa

Captain Mandrake had been to Byss once before, in the service to the man that had used this as his vacationing world. But even when the former Emporer lived here, he had never before known the taint of darkness that he felt in this place. Perhaps because he was on the other side, or perhaps it was the concentration of Dark Side agents that had occupied this ground. Either way, Mandrake had a job to do, so without a sound, he put these thoughts out of his head as he continued to survey the wreckage.

As he recived his orders to rondezvous with the Jedi Knight whos starship was streaking through the sky above him, he turned to a passing lieutenant, motioning him with a simple gesture to get his men and follow him towards where the small ship was landing. At the same time, he ordered his subordinate, a young woman with fire in her eyes, to search for and see to any slaves that might have been left behind. Finally, he moved out, taking his forty-man patrol into the charred remains of the treeline, in the direction of Orrick's landing ship.

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

As Orrick closed in on his friends' position, he brought his brand new, gleaming chrome and white starfighter down within meters of the tree-tops below. As he passed over at faster than sound speeds, the trees seemed to reach up, and almost grab for his ship. Soon he came to an area where several of the trees were blackened from a sudden fire, and he spotted two V-19 Torrent starfighters. He slowed his ship, and brought it gently down near the other ships.

As he stepped down out of the cockpit, a platoon of soldiers emerged from the trees behind him. Obviously, they were there to help him. He spoke aloud so all could hear him.

"Alright men, there should be several Jedi in the nearby vicinity. Our first priority is to find them and make sure they're safe and sound. I don't know if this planet has anything else in store, but be alert. Keep your eyes and ears open... just watch what you shoot. The last thing we want here is a man down from friendly fire."

The men all acknowledged him in one way or another, and the whole group proceeded through the dense underbrush moving in the direction of the epicenter of the flames. Before long, they came to a long, dark, dreary lake. A smile spread across his face.

"Well if it isn't the two of honor themselves." He spoke loud enough for them to hear him, and they both twirled around, both wearing expresions of... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

He grinned. "Sorry... I was delayed. I had to pick up my new ship on the way. But better late then never, right?"

At this moment, he noticed the two had slightly charred robes, and patches of dark skin, indicating they had probably been through Hell and back without him. The three all looked at each other one more moment, and suddenly burst out laughing. The soldiers looked on in slight confusion. However, Orrick's laugh was cut short... as he began to choke on the smoky haze that had settled over the terrain. "Hm.... the smoke is a little thicker than I thought." He said to himself more than anyone. Then he turned, and adressed the platoon.

"Everybody! Get out your re-breathers, if you have 'em. It'll get a bit smoky!"

Orrick then donned his own re-breather, and turned to the Jedi. Now he used soley Force messaging to communicate.

"I brought friends... I guess now we can proceed with a little help. So what's the plan?"

Post Number 168...

Orrick.jpg

The trio was walking through the dense woods when a shrieking pulse rocketed through the Force and struck the apprentice...danger was near. Thinking beyond himself, Andon leapt into the murky water as did his Master and good thing they did: no sooner then their plunge into the lake did an explosion rock the surface and launch debri into the air. Pulling out his Rebreather, the Padawan stayed under the surface of the murky depths for what seemed like an eternity until he finally poked his head out from underneath the water and saw he Master starring back at him.

As the two swam for solid ground the pair emerged soaked in the dark water, dark stale water. Removing his cloak, Andon Colos twisted the garment resulting in pools of water being drained from it, definitely not a fun experience. Placing the black cloak back on he turned to his Master who consequently had a quip of his own about the situation.

"Don't be such a nancy boy, Master. Getting your hair wet sure beats dying in a hail of flaming debri," the apprentice said half-laughing.

As the Jedi Knight continued slicing branches to clear a path Andon walked towards a blackened tree, but it was blackened on the wrong side. The explosion was to the north so singe marks should have been on the side of the tree facing the north, but the black marks indicated they had taken fire from the south as well. Removing the Rebreather from his mouth he spoke to his Master.

"Master, something's wrong. This tree has blast marks on both sides when it should only have singes on the side facing North...someone else is here," he said as the light-heartedness fell from his voice.

Reaching his mind out to the Force he could sense beings, many many beings approaching them and once more he activated his emerald blade and raised it before him in defense. Out of nowhere dozens and dozens of soldiers emerged from the woods from the south and both Master and Apprentice stood back to back as they sized up the situation. It would be hard, but they could take this group...only they didn't have to as a familiar voice called out to them; it was Orrick.

First Jaina and Ashley died, next he heard voices whispering to him into the woods, after that he was almost slaughtered by turbolaser fire and again by an explosion, and now Orrick shows up with a platoon of soldiers. In an act of joy and sheer bewilderment the apprentice couldn't help but laugh at his situation...this planet was messed up indeed.

"About time you showed up, Orrick. I was beginning to wonder if you ever would."

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Using the Force.

"The old temple that used to stand out in that clearing has been destroyed. I strongly suspected that a training base was near it, most likely underground. We should go and see if it survived that explosion."

Hale Akturus pauses, and draws in more filtered air through his breather. The Jedi Knight then removes his breather and speaks loudly so the surrounding troops can hear his words.

"When we were investigating earlier the temple earlier, we were fired upon ”“ turbolaser batteries, most likely. We need you rebels to knock out the turbolaser placements if they weren't already destroyed by that explosion."

As the platoon of Rebel marines followed Orrick into the forest, several patches of trees continued to smolder and sputter flames. Captain Mandrake kept close by the Jedi Knight's side, keeping his own eyes and ears attuned to his surroundings. As the group neared a fetid lake, several loud splashes could be heard as some unknown persons dove into the stagnant water. Captain Mandrake held his men up as Orrick strode forward, barely able to restrain his bemusement. Two men extricated themselves from the dirty water, and in the conversation that followed, several bursts of laughter reached the marines' ears.

"You see, men? Even Jedi have a sense of humour..."

The entire platoon burst out laughing at that; now that the tension had been broken, the troops strode forward and began to mingle with the four ((or is that three?)) Jedi before them.

---------------------------------------------------------

With Captain Mandrake's platoon in the charred woods collecting the Jedi on the surface, Colonel Harriman returned to the task of securing the planet form Imperial rule. Traveling to the surface in a shuttle, he personally oversaw the care and accomodation of hundreds of former slaves that had began to appear seemingly from nowhere. The gaggle of beings spanned a good chunk of the galaxy's sentiant species: human, Twi'lek, Ryn, Sullustan, Bith, Rodian, and a few surly Gamorreans (who were, despite their nature, glad to be freed). Several of the Ryn had managed to map out where they had been held, and informed Harriman as to where, adding a request that these catacombs be destroyed. The Colonel agreed, and after all beings were cleared from the area, turbolasers from the Benevolance rained down on the underground structure, eventually collapsing it into a small colderra.

As the former slaves were seen to, two thousand of the Marines were tasked with securing the rest of the planet of Byss. At first, they met no resistance; many of the citizens were happy to see Alliance troops. However, in the capital, some Imperial loyalists were making noise. In one minor firefight, a trio of Imperials clad in a hodgepodge of armor opened up with disruptor rifles on an Alliance patrol. Two Rebels and four civilians were killed before the snipers were flushed out and eliminated. The securing of the planet continued despite a few further isolated incidents.

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

Jareth's transport, carrying himself and Salus, landed at a remote location several hundred yards from the hidden sith academy.

"We will have to be fast and quiet if we are to make it to the safety of the academy. I feel the presence of many others here. It is getting late in the day, once the sun sets, we will move. By morning, the Jedi will wish they had never left their home world."

Jareth surveyed the are and planned his attack.

Since Colonel Harriman was on the surface, overseeing the occupation of Byss, Major Nadr was on the Liberator, overseeing the starfleet. As he looked out over the surface from his viewport, another fire-controller spoke to him

"Sir, a lone transport has landed on the planet. They are not answering our hails, and they've landed in a secluded clearing some distance away from the former temple."

The major nodded curtly

"Alert the Jedi on the surface...this might get ugly"

--comm to the Jedi below--

"This is Alliance command, be advised forces unknown have landed. Be on your guard."

--end comm--

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

As the trio of Jedi and the platoon of soldiers was making their way back --to the spot of the underground temple, a communications specialist rushed forward, relaying the comm from the fleet.

--comm to the Jedi below--

"This is Alliance command, be advised forces unknown have landed. Be on your guard."

--end comm--

Orrick turned to his companions, and briefly removed his re-breather. "Apparently, we have some company. I think once we make it to the temple, we shoud set up a 'temporary defense sytem'." As he inserted his rebreather into his mouth, he used the Force for the rest...

"In other words.. a trap."

Post Number 168...

Orrick.jpg

A quick check of the area, both with onboard scanning, and force sense, gave Jareth a pretty good idea of what he was up against.

"Stupid jedi.....all that firepower for an unoccupied academy. Seems a bit much. Don't you think?" Jareth commented and ended his statement with a rhetorical inquiry directed at his apprentice.

"A frontal assault would get us both killed. I'm not against dying if I take some of them out with me, but this is rediculous. I do, however, want my ship back."

"Lets get away from this transport, they'll have no doubt seen it."

As Jareth and Salus prepared to leave their transport ship behind, Jareth rigged the perimiter of the craft with several proximity detectors rigged to the ships main reactors. A little present for whatever poor soul was first to come upon it.

"Lets move." Jareth spoke as he swept into the forest and made way for the hidden entrance to the academy.

The Shistavanen Wolfman nods to his master, and then smiles, showing off his large fangs. This is what the Sith apprentice had been waiting for ”“ a chance to face the enemy one on one, a chance to finally get revenge. As Salus Monn and his master stalk silently through the trees, the Sith apprentice unconsciously flexes his muscles and rests a hand on the weapon at his side.

newsiggg2.png

"Forces unknown ”“ that can mean only one thing, the Sith."

Hale Akturus turns to the nearest rebel trooper.

"Form a perimeter around around this clearing. Under these circumstances, I suggest that you shoot first, and ask questions second."

The Jedi Knight then turns to his apprentice, Andon Colos.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

Though the world around him had become very bleak, the apprentice was beyond his emotions almost as if he was detached from everything. Though Orrick had broken the tension in the air it just as quickly returned to his thoughts and heart, though in this moment he didn't care. He didn't care about this planet, he didn't care about this mission, he didn't care about the academy, he didn't care about anything besides his Master and his friend. The Rebel soldiers were a help, but in the end they were dispensable and nothing more then mere casualties for the inevitable slaughter that awaited them all. The life of a Jedi was centered around detachment and the fact that death is nothing more then a state of being; atleast that's how Andon Colos saw things.

"Indeed Master, death hangs in the air..."

He stopped mid-sentence to connect his mind to Master Akturus and Orrick.

"...and it hangs in the thoughts of the soldiers around us. Their fear could be the end of us all."

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

After a short walk through the forest, Jareth and his apprentice came upon a clearing. The sith instantly noticed the detachment of rebel soldiers, and amongst them, two jedi.

"Salus, I hate to lecture during a mission, but you must learn this technique if we are to survive." Jareth said as he walked back into the cover of the wood about 20 yards.

"You are capable of detecting the force presence of others, this I already know. As a sith, it is often our ability to disappear from the force that will aid us moreso than our command of it. Stealth is of the upmost importance. Try and feel the difference in my force signature as I demonstrate."

Jareth closed his eyes and began shrinking himself within the force until his presence became a miniscule speck within the galaxy. To even a well trained force-user, Jareth would be almost completely undetectable.

"Do you understand, and feel the difference?"

Orrick frowned at Andon's comment. He feared that his statement was true, but he, ever being the optimist, replied.

"Still, we must have faith in them. They are Rebel soldiers, and that does not go without training. We can only hope that they will remember their training when the time comes, and not falter."

Even so, Orrick could feel the anxiety exuding from the troops. For many, this would be their first military operation. He removed his re-breather, to encourage the troops.

"Men! I will not deny you that it is possible some of you may never see another sunrise. But stick together. Our strength is in our numbers. Remember your training, and don't get separated. If you can do that... well then we'll get through this alright."

Instead of putting his rebreather back on, he found that the air had cleared significantly, so he just pocketed the device, in case he would need it later. As he stowed it, he could feel the anxiety of the company lessen, if just a little bit. Soon, however, sunset was upon them, and dusk gave way to early evening. As the sun sank lower behind the trees, he could feel the anxiety of the troops return. This indeed would be an interesting night.

Post Number 168...

Orrick.jpg

((OOC: Don't underestimate my men, Orrick...they're Marines, after all...))

The platoon under Captain Mandrake moved out after the three Jedi The officer bit back the retort he wanted to toss at the one called Orrick -- they were on the same side, after all. Still, the veteran didn't like being addressed in this manner. After deftly firing off a set of hand signals, he nodded curtly to the Jedi and followed, his troops moving expertly through the remaining underbrush in their wake, weapons ready.

Meanwhile, on the bridge of the Liberator, a squadron of K-wings was tasked to commence a strafing run on where the transport had landed. The twelve heavy bombers made short work of the vessel, however the explosion was quite a bit larger then anticipated, and several of the craft recieved minor damage. Though by this time the occupants had most likely moved off, the squadron stuck around the area anyway, offering themselves as close air support.

----------------------------

The rest of the Rebel Marines under Colonel Harriman had finally finished securing the planet. Several former Imperial weapon and supply caches had been found by a number of the patrols, and in a minor stroke of brilliance, Harriman began to recruit Rebel sympithizers and former slaves, offering both freedom, and a decent salary, in addition to war training. Once the recruits were fully trained, they would serve as a National Guard, leaving the fleet free to return to their place of origin.

Almost five thousand beings, ranging from Aqualish to Yevethan turned out for training, and the colonel couldn't be happier...

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

Jareth allowed his apprentice to prepare to attempt do duplicate the force maneuver he had just accomplished, and while he did, he sent a force message to Master Montar.

*The reply to Jareth was quick and direct to the point*

I fear I can not make that decision. I have passed word on to Bishop, who should reply to me soon. Do you have a way out if you need get out of there quickly? If not I can be at Byss within fifteen minutes of you needing me there. I will tell you if anything comes up. Stay hidden for now...we dont need them knowing yet.

1fE1uLv.png

I ate a hippo. It was delicious.

May the Forth therve you well...

"I can no longer feel your presence, Master."

Closing his eyes, Salus Monn concentrates on the Force ”“ concentrates to the point where the Shistavanen Wolfman's body begins to shake. Drawing the in Force around him, Monn masks his own presence, erasing his own signature in the Force. Eyes still closed, Monn smiles, revealing his fangs and rows of sharp teeth.

"What next?"

newsiggg2.png

A soothing calm flows over the Jedi Knight known as Hale Akturus, as he hears the voice of his first master. Closing his eyes, the Jedi Knight reaches out with the Force, connects with the Jedi Master known as BLCKCLONE, and whispers his reply. With that, Akturus pulls his lightsaber free from his belt, and runs his thumb gently back and forth over the activation stud. Akturus then reaches out with the Force again, and after sensing nothing, turns to his apprentice, Andon Colos, and his fellow Jedi Knight, Orrick.

"I suggest we stay here in the clearing and wait to see how things develop. If the rebels encounter anything as they pan out, they can message us. Something is not right here."

"Good, that will help us go unnoticed by the jedi, but they still have eyes...."

Jareth peered through the dense forest toward where he knew the opening to the academy was. It wasn't far, but with the platoons of rebel troops, and the jedi task force closely monitoring the area, it might as well have been a million miles away.

"How are we going to get into the academy....?" Jareth asked himself aloud trying to find an answer.

Salus Monn looks around ”“ first in the direction of the clearing, then to his left and right, and then finally downwards, as he does, his devilish grin widens. After a brief nod to the Sith Lord at his side, Monn, a powerfully built Shistavanen Wolfman, lowers himself to the ground and begins to dig. Several minutes pass as Monn digs; he just simply keeps on digging lower and lower. The Sith apprentice finally hits something solid as his Sith Lord peers down ”“ the Sith apprentice hits the stone ceiling of an underground tunnel. With one powerful kick, Monn smashes through the stone and drops down.

newsiggg2.png

In the light of the fiercely burning transport formerly belonging to the Sith, the pilot of one of the K-wing fighters orbiting over the Rebel platoon spots movement at the edge of a nearby clearing. Turning his fighter towards what he had seen, he and his wingman open up on two mysterious figures with all weapons. Shrapnel and other debris is thrown up by the two ships' fire, sending who or whatever it was (Jareth and Salus) flying into the ground.

----------------------------

On the other side of the world, Colonel Harriman continues to oversee the training of the five-thousand strong Byss self-defence force. Motivated by a range of factors, the former slaves and civilians throw their hearts into the training, which is overseen not only by Harriman, but a phalanx of grizzled veterans with much to teach. These veterans would remain behind to help lead the force, once planetary defencive weaponry was emplaced and the task force returned to headquarters.

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

Jareth quickly ducks into the tunnel which his apprentice so quickly dug to avoid the incoming fire.

"Very well done my apprentice. They know we're here though, better make this quick!"

Jareth quickly darted through the tunnels of the academy toward the main hangar. There, he saw his ship sitting just how he left it.

"It appears that the jedi and rebel forces have yet to infiltrate the academy, once we blast through those doors though," Jareth paused and pointed toward the large hangar doors. "We'll be easy to see. So, I suggest we just take my ship. I can get us out of here safe enough."

With that, Jareth rushed toward his sith infiltrator class ship, and fired the engines.

The sith lord raised the engine power to full, and left the flight controls in neutral. As the searing heat from the engine reached it's apex, the walls of the hangar began to rumble and melt under the intense heat.

Jareth then fired the ships twin cannons at the hangar door, blasting it open. Before the smoke from the blast had time to clear, Jareth threw the thrusters forward rocketing his ship to top speed in the blink of an eye.

The horizon was clear as Jareth and his appentice made their daring escape to the planet's outer atmosphere, and then blasted into hyperspace....destination Coruscant.