Byss

Darth Heretic

The arrival of a foreign presence on Byss called DMD from his slumber. He quickly threw a combat suit, opting to leave his trademark crimsom cloak behind and made his way to the tower on the western side of his fortress. Standing on the terrace overlooking the lakes, he could see a ship approaching through the valley.

DMD ran down the steps from the tower, past Tarrian's suite, down the stairs leading to the main entrance, and out into the courtyard. He made it outside just in time to see the alien vessel landing on a designated area for visitors. The run from the tower left him slightly winded. He was thinking to himself, "I should have used the force to heighten my speed. "

"That's just lazy. It's good exercise." He said to himself.

A being emerged from the ship, under the flag of the Black Sun. He was inquiring about the offer he posted as a infomercial on the Holonet.

"I am Darth Mortis Diabolus, and you my friend have invaded my home by showing up here unannouced. I am a Dark lord of Sith, do you know what that means?" He said walking up to him as he spoke.

"It means that I have killed men greater than you for lesser insults."

Now standing face to face with the messenger, DMD contemplated draining him to the point of death or reaching into his chest with the force and squeezing his heart to teach him a lesson, but decided against it. Such was not the way to conduct business. And business always came first before pleasure.

"Go back to your master and tell him that I accept his offer. The price is six million credits." Retrieving a small datacard from a pouch on his belt he handed it to the messenger.

This datacard has my account information on it. When the funds have posted to my account you can begin groundbreaking here in any area you desire, except for the area you see before you. You can go now."

DMD had began to walk away ,when he shouted to the messenger over his shoulder. "One more thing! Any attacks on Byss from outside forces is an attack on me. This is my home. While here, the Black Sun is under my protection."

spawn.jpg

Those who are prepared to die, are seldom defeated....

Nath Corun took the small datacard and put it into a container on his belt.

"Sorry if I isulted you Oh Great One, I shall deliver this to Black Sun Headquarters, we shall not attack you. You will get your money."

"I am glad he didn't kill me" Nath thought as he blasted off towards The Black Sun Headquarters.

ARCHIVIST.png.4c2d8535c75133ba31cd6ffea254fdff.png

Guarding the Eternal Vigilance Since 2019

Evadne lay on her bed, trying to get some sleep. She had gone back to her room after a few hours of walking back and forth, so she had gone to her ship and gotten had hung out there for a few hours. after that, she just went to her room and worked on her guns:.

She tossed and turned in her bed, but she couldn't get any sleep, this place was giving her the creeps and she kept on thinking she heard something. She threw the covers off her slim body, and put her boots on. She crept out of her room, down the steps, and out the door. She was thankful for all the times she had snuck out when she was a kid, which enabled her to move without making any noise.

Ounce she got out of the city-fortress, she felt better. She walked a bit, then went back to her room, where she found it much easier to fall asleep.

s83493495.jpg

Activating the holocron and acessing the necessary information the holoron image suddenly went dark. A voice issued from the pyramid "This information is acessable for 3 minutes only." using his masks cameras he scrolled down through the words and then shut the holocron off. Scanning through the information he found that it was relatiely simple it was like drawing strength from the force, only drawing it from another person instead.

Walking over to a fallen wall, Drake peered around it and found a target for his test. It was the other apprentice, Yoshiba. He gathered his powers and started the siphon. It was easy once he started the power drain. Grabbing energy he used it to bolster his failing energies, rapidly healing his injuries.

Healing all of his injuries, he saw Yoshiba start to sway. Not stopping his drain he watched with a scientist's keen eye on what effect this new power had. Watching Yoshiba drop to the ground and struggle to get up he slightly slowed the drain, letting Yoshiba get to his feet before he pulled as much energy as he could use at the moment, Droping Yoshiba down on top of the creature.

Using his powers he went looking for another target and found one, Evadne. Dragging some power from her her he started crushing the stones on the ground around him causing them to scatter to the wind as sand. Seeing the extent of his powers he grabbed more of Evadne's energy and started manipulating his blade around the air fiercely, before severing the legs from the body of the Hississ and then pulping his head.

Retiring to his chamber he polished his sword with the blood of the Hississ and watched as his blade gained a reddish tinge and felt the hunger of the blade as keenly as his own. Walking over to the cabinet of his room he opened a package of meat and tore off a chunk and devoured it feeling the blood drip down his chin. Sated he walked over to his bed and, pulling the covers over him, sent his blade into it's sheath and setting it in easy reach

Looking at him, she kissed him... wrapping her arms around him, she settled into the curve of his body and her eyes grew very heavy... she had expelled a huge amount of force, and exhaustion and happiness took her to dream...

She fell sleep in his arms... drifting into dreams...

She replayed this night over in her dreams, and slept soundly with him by her side... slowly, as the night grew longer, her dreams changed... she saw her brother, embracing him... kissing him on the cheek... then the images she saw grew darker...

Her sleep grew fitfull, and although she didn't wake up, a guard came up... something that was not there since childhood... a wall against Thorn... Her dreams became black holes... things were missing...

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

Nath Corun Landed his ship on the planet of Byss, Handing Darth Mortis Diabolus a datapad he said, "my Lord the funds you have requested have been put into your account, here you go."

Nath then blasted off into space.

Edited by Guest

ARCHIVIST.png.4c2d8535c75133ba31cd6ffea254fdff.png

Guarding the Eternal Vigilance Since 2019

Yoshiba was in the middle of scarfing down some meat of the side of the animal, after throwing up severyal time, he had made a large dent in the hississ that was laying before him. He set back into the animal. After a large amount of meat was gone he grabbed a large bone that was sticking out of the side of the bloody creature.

Just as e put the bone in his mouth, he slowly felt weaker then usuall. He could feel the strength being pulled out of him throught the force. The force lightly whispered the location of of the bandit that was taking his strength. The coward was hiding behind a brick wall. Drake was siphoning off his energy.

Yoshiba had seen this once before, when he was growing up. A Sith was able to draw power from a living victim and use it to heal himself. There was much talk about wether one was able to defened such an attack. The conclusion was yes, one would be able to defend them self. Simply by storing his force energy, and hide it deep inside them selves. Unfortunatly for Yoshiba, he did not know how to do this.

He fell to his knees, and staggered back to his feet. Only to fall over on to the Hississ that was laying before him.

When he came to, night had fallen, and the hississ that he was laying on was being devouyered by birds of prey, scavengers, and rats. They had taken a large amount of the Hississ away. Yoshibas stomach could no longer take any more of the animal before him, for every bite, he would instantly throw it back up. He failed his task.

Yoshiba stood up, and looked around for his master. Luckily she was not around in the immediate area, so she would not see him give up on the task. He pulled all the energy he could into him, and projected it towards his thoughts. He called out for Tarrian he did not think of why he needed her, but just called her mentally.

DMD crept up the steps, trying to keep quiet and not wake anyone as he returned to Tarrian's room. Closing the door gently behind him, he moved through the room, almost tripping over one of here shoes, but quickly recovered. He unzipped his combat suit, stripping down to his boxers. Lifting the satin sheets, he slid beneath them, where Tarrian still lay on her side asleep. He eased up behind her, their two bodies fitting together perfectly as he moved into a spooning position. His arm draped over her side, leaving her hair close to his face. The hair that was over her face, he pulled back behind her ear as he leaned over to kiss her cheek, while caressing her upper arm. For a while, he just lay there breathing her in and enjoying being in her company.

The moment was broken when he sensed the approach of a ship in Byss' lower atmosphere. One of the perks of being mentally connected to the planet was the gift of awareness so finely tuned that no computer could match it's precision. He looked down at her, thinking about how he was going to sneak out twice without waking Tarrian.

He managed to get out of bed and get dressed without so much as causing her to stir. Holding his boot in the air as he slid his feet into them, one at a time resulted in a mild thud. Out in the hallway, he adjusted his clothes before heading out downstairs to the landing area. He stood in the doorway to the courtyard, stretching and yawning. The mixture of the morning air and blue sun's warmth felt good upon his skin. He surveyed the area around his city-fortress, as though he had never seen any of it before.

On the shore, at the far end of the long bridge that linked the city-fortress to the main body of land, was pack of small furry animals scavenging for food. Behind them in the treeline, was a series of bushes in bloom with white and yellow flowers withing them. The sounds of a flock of birds flying overhead, caused him to look up in time to see the return of the Black Sun's courier.

DMD turned to meet him as the courier disembarked from his ship, bowing as he presented the dark lord of Sith with his payment for the land the Black Sun wished to develop. He accepted the data card and then dismissed his guest with a wave of his hand, turning back to this beautiful landscape that had him transfixed upon it. He walked toward the edge of the bridge, staring into the dark waters of the lake beneath him. the underwater rock formations in the shallow areas of the lake displayed their trademark fluorescence, giving the lake a magic or mystical appeal to it.

Over his shoulder, in the western part of his fortress he could sense Tarrian. Her presence washed over him as she opened her eyes to his world, "their" world. In the northern wind that had raised goosebumps on his skin, he could have sworn he could smell her.

His thoughts were interrupted by the presence of one of his apprentices, Evadne. He hadn't seen her in nearly a week. He had sensed her discomfort and uneasiness in the new surroundings of his home, on a previous night, though which one he couldn't recall. She was one of the reasons he remained outside. He missed a prior opportunity to continue her training. Drake was past her in terms of combat. She needed the most work in the physical aspect of fighting. He beckoned her through the force.

Evadne........

spawn.jpg

Tarrian opened her eyes with a start, and sat up quickly... she took in her surroundings, and reached out with the force... she could feel DMD close by, and was reassured... "it was just a bad dream... " she told herself, and got up feeling her apprentices need for her... she quickly washed and dressed, and turned to go out the door....

Without warning, she ran back into the fresher... feeling ill... finally after a few minutes, she made her way outside toward Yoshiba... she was not feeling very well at the moment, and was a bit paler then usual...

A small freighter pops out of hyper space with unknown markings on it. The pilot of the ship flips on the comm and turns back to his comrade, waiting for him to send down the communication. It was his job after all, they had been sent by one Trowa Barton to purchase a large amount of the land on this planet. This place would be used for various reasons, a cash cow for an up and coming business.

"I am here on the behalf of Trowa Barton and I am requesting permission to land and Speak with DMD about the purchase of a large amount of land."

The thin, pale man stood stock still behind the pilot awaiting a response from the planet. So far everything was going according to plans...hopefully they would be able to return to Roon with good news and land deeds.

Carnage.jpg

DMD was alone on the bridge, pacing back and forth across the water. He was on the return journey toward the city-fortress when he saw the main doors of the entryway open. At his present distance he couldn't visually make out who it was, but through the force he received an answer. To his surprise, it was Tarrian.

The situation was odd because his bond with her through the force should have alerted him to her immediately. Stranger still, was the flow of energy from her as he read her aura. Tarrian felt somewhat diminished in the force, like she had been drained. He quickened his pace, closing the distance between them until he was close enough to reach out and touch her.

DMD stopped in his tracks as he got a better look at her. Tarrian's skin was paler than normal compared to his brown skin and she looked as though she were suffering the after effects of a hangover. He reached out to her, holding her face in his hand as he stroked her cheek with his thumb. His head cocked to the side to meet her gaze, flashing a smile at her to cheer her up. "What's wrong, m'lady? You look ill."

spawn.jpg

Tarrian looked up and smiled at him... she pushed her hair off of her face and pulled it back and up putting it into a holder to keep it out of the way... Straightening up, "It's nothing, I'll be fine, I am just not feeling very well, last night took alot out of me... "

She wasn't sure that was entirely why she felt this way... but the night before truly did take a toll on her... the only time she lost control of the force like that is in that situation... she could feel his link to her, and it was reassuring and at the same time, she was concerned... she wasn't sure what would happen if he ever broke that link...

Tarrian started to feel ill once again, and did everything in her power to push it away from her... she was not going to turn and run at this moment... besides the fact that she would die before one of her apprentices saw any sign of weakness or humanity in or from her...

He listened to her words, reading her soul through her eyes as she spoke. Tarrian's attempt to reassure him of her condition fell flat, leaving her exposed to his mental probe. His empathy for her and being in such close proximity, made it easy for him to read her.

DMD's probe was interrupted an incoming transmission from an unidentified freighter hailing the surface via personal comm unit. The message was directed to him. Another potential buyer for the ripe lands of Byss. He looked to Tarrian, who managed to smile at him as she sensed his concern for her. He transmits an acceptance code clearing them to land and designated a landing pad for their use.

There was a moment when the feelings Tarrian was feeling subsided, relieving him of his worries, only to return with a vengeance. He saw her jerk forward holding her stomach, as her hand went to her mouth. She was holding back. The feeling leaked over to DMD through their bond, causing him to vomit uncontrollably on the ground, barely missing his boots and Tarrian's outfit. A slimy string of slob hung from his open mouth. He quickly wiped it away with the back of his glove. The sensation continued in the form of dry heaving. DMD was bent over with his hand on his stomach, looking up at her.

"What the hell was that?" He said breathing heavily, trying to hold back that sick feeling. "What are doing to me?"

spawn.jpg

Tarrian looked at DMD in amazement and a bit of confusion... She went to his side and touched his back helping him to stand up... "I am not doing a thing to you... are you feeling ill???"

With her hand on his back, the connection was the strongest, it was like and electrical line running between the two... she tried to read his feelings, but he seemed to be fine... albeit he just upchucked on the ground...

"I am....I'm fine. Give me a moment." He said, reluctantly accepting her help as he stood straight up. He scanned the area, searching for anything that could have caused his sudden reaction. The only thing that drew his attention was the connection between he and Tarrain. Her influence brushed over his personal energy field that was the force, then made contact with his physical self. Her touch was soothing, although he jumped initially in response to it.

"I apologize for my display of weakness. I hope you don't think less of me?"

spawn.jpg

Tarrian looked at him... "Weakness? Never... you probably just need to eat something... "

She looked over at her apprentice that seemed more then dismayed... "I am sure that Yoshiba would gladly share his meal... " The mere thought of him eating that reptile turned her own stomach, and threatened to start the sick feeling all over again.

DMD looked past Tarrian, to Yoshiba who was on the ground next to a partially eaten reptile carcass. "No thank you. I don't have much of an appetite right now." He said. His stomach seconded the statement by loudly rumbling in protest.

His eyes returned to Tarrian. There was something different about her? Her aura was off. Something new had manifested in her presence. Her life energy signature had changed, somehow. Her face seemed to radiate a glow, that amplified her existing features. The force whispered an answer to his soul, giving him confirmation of what he had began to suspect.

"Tarrian. You are pregnant."

spawn.jpg

Tarrian looked at him in amazement... and then disbelief... one time in how many years... and she gets pregnant... that is not possible... granted she was not feeling very well, but ... pregnant... ?????

Taking a step back from him, she took a deep breath... she didn't know what to say to him... "Uh... " was about all she could muster... she realized that her mouth was hanging open staring at him, and she quickly closed her mouth... Looking a bit uneasy she turned and headed back into the temple... and stopped just inside the doorway...

Suddenly her stomach turned, and this time she was not going to be able to push it away... "uh oh... " she made it back into her room and to the fresher where she proceeded to get sick... and where DMD found her...

DMD raced up the stairs behind Tarrian as she burst through the bedroom door and into the refresher. Standing in the doorway, he could hear the sounds of her expelled stomach contents drop into the refresher bowl from her mouth. He moved closer behind her, grabbing her hair and pulling it away from her face.

When she was done with her sickness, he let the cover down on the toilet and sat her upon it. He kneeled down in front of her and wiped her mouth with a wash cloth he found on the sink. They were both silent as they mentally searched for what to say and who would say it first. "A baby? This will complicate things, Tarrian. We Sith are a violent people. I don't know how I should feel about this?" He said, resting his chin on his interlocked fingers.

"What do you think?"

spawn.jpg

She took the towel from him and put it over her face... she didn't know what to say... this is not something that she even thought about...

pulling the towel off slowly she looked at him... "Do about it??? there is not to much we can do about it now... if we were going to do something about it, we would have thought before last night... "

She threw the towel across the room, and stood up... "I am sorry, I did not plan this... I have already had a child... and she is dark... I am not worried about it being raised properly... it will fill the ranks of the sith... and lead one day... that doesn't concern me... I am worried ... "

Her voice trailed off... and when she spoke again her voice was a whisper... "I am afraid that you will feel trapped... I do not want you to feel obligated in anyway.. "

The Pilot of the ship cut the comm off and motioned for the man standing behind him to take a seat. It took all of half an hour to get the ship through the atmosphere and too the designated landing pad. The diplomat performed a few last minute adjustments to his robes and moved out of the ship slowly. He moved at a brisk pace towards the a certain destination.

He was a tall man, six foot two easily. His skin was a pale white as if it had never seen the light. His skin was taught on his bone structure, as if he wasn't gifted with enough flesh to comfortable cover his body. With sunken cheeks and midnight blue robes, lined in crimson, he was a bit of a ghastly man. But he had served his Master well and would continue to do so for the generous pay and protection offered to him.

He stopped in the library of this place, unsure of where else he would go to wait for DMD. With such a simple task he wondered how he had stumbled upon such an easy job. Hopefully it would continue to be this way, hopefully...

Carnage.jpg

"I could never fell trapped by you. It's just that, I know nothing of how to be a father. I fear losing what gives me my edge over my enemies." he said pacing from left to right.

"Those who are prepared to die are seldom defeated. My father taught me that before he was slain in battle. How can I dominate a foe with my sheer power and will, if I am constantly in fear of leaving behind an orphan?"

He was shaking his head, while taking deep breaths. The breathing cleared his mind bringing his focus on his surrounding back in tune. Their was another presence on the surface and in the library downstairs. He had forgotten about his guest who signalled him for landing clearance before...before all of this happened.

"Our guest is downstairs already and I am going to greet him. You can join us whenever you feel up to it." He said as he turned and walked away.

In his library standing among his hundreds of books ranging from Sith lore to books covering the cultivation of plant life, was a tall and seemingly slender man. The man turned in time to see him enter. DMD held his face tight with his teeth gritted. He had the look of a man who had recently received grave news. He forced the feeling down in his inner being and conducted himself as a lord of Sith.

"Who are you and what is the purpose of your visit to my world?"

Edited by Guest

spawn.jpg

The young man turned slowly on his heel to look upon DMD. He had been browsing the library for only a few minutes before the man entered. He sub-consciously nodded his head in approval. The man had not instantly rushed to greet him as most would, yet he did not keep a guest waiting for too long. He took a few steps forward, his hands locked in the small of his back as he did. His monotone voice reverberated off of the walls and high ceiling.

"I am a representative of Trowa Barton, my name is Mr. Mortati."

He reached into his robes slowly, his movements were not that of a trained killer and it was obvious he was not searching for a weapon. He pulled out a small datapad just before looking back towards DMD. His eyes were large and it seemed like he rarely blinked...

"Mr. Barton wishes to purchase a large amount of land from you near some of the lakes of the planet. He wants enough land to comfortable house a space-port and a resort. As well as a place of personal residence near another of the lakes."

The man extended his hand, holding out the datapad for DMD to take. It held on it a rather generous amount of money for the land, but it was not the most he was willing to pay. After the man before him took the datapad Mr. Mortati stepped back once again, not wanting to appear rude and stay too close to him.

"He also would like to take advantage of the tax free portion of your offer. None for the first five years if I am correct. He runs a respectable business...off of Nar Shadda.."

Carnage.jpg

DMD listened to the proposal from Mr. Mortati, paying particular attention to his employer's desire for lake front properties. In his mind, he found and area on Byss that would suit Mortati's employer perfectly.

His guest passed him a datapad with a very generous offer awaiting confirmation to transfer fund's to DMD's private account. DMD retrieved a datacard from his pocket, that was coded with his financial information and uploaded the data. After a few minutes the transfer was complete. Still holding Mr. Mortati's datapad, he decided to enter the location of his land he had purchased in the northern hemisphere, along with an alternate site if the first wasn't to his liking.

DMD returned the datapad to his guest, briefly taking in his odd features.

"You can tell your employer that I will honor the five year tax exemption for all new business owners on Byss. Our business has conconcluded, you may go."

Edited by Guest

spawn.jpg

A very thin smile crossed Mr. Morati's face. His lips were almost too thin and appeared as if a smile would just rip them apart, but somehow he managed it. He accepted the datapad back with a curtious bow of his head and looked everything over. He quickly began inputing a bit more information into the datapad before hitting a button on his wrist communicator.

"Very good, I am sure Mr. Barton will be quite pleased. Good doing business with you, Sir. Construction is to start immediately."

Mr. Mortati prepared to depart, but paused for a few seconds to make sure that DMD had nothing else to add. High over head various transmissions were received and sent out as two capital scale ships dropped into real space. "The Requiem and Ecstasy. The Interdictor II cruiser was only here as an escort for the much larger heavy hauler along with all of the equipment on board it.

As the odd, thin man below had said construction would start almost instantly.

Carnage.jpg

Waking up to a sense of unease about the complex, Drake sat up and grasped his sword and walked towards where he could sense his prescense. Knocking politely on the door he leaned his sword along the wall and stood leaning on the wall across from the door.

"My master I have completed your task. I am here for further instructions."

Not recieving any awnswer he knocked again, louder and more insistant this time. Picking up his sword and strapping it along his back, he once more knocked and said "My master I am here for more training in the dark art."

Yoshiba was very confused as to what had happened a moment ago, He never would have thought that Tarrian would have gone so easy on him, maybe she was preocupied to punish him, But Yoshiba thought it to be much more then that.

He sat there on his partially eaten Hississ, and looked around. Every time he stared down at the creautre he became sick again.

Yoshiba stood up, a call had come from his master that demanded that he meet with her at the Temple. Yoshiba got a really bad feeling about this, he knew that he was going tobe punished for not completing his task. But he was going to be a man about it, and accept the punishment.

Yoshiba began his trek towards the temple. The majestic building towered over him, and cast a dark shadow around him. He could feel the coldness envelope him, not only on the out side, but on the inside as well. he felt weak, and useless. Never had he failed a task, and because of some young, stupid, ignorant peasant, he failed.

A few obscenities fell out of his mouth, as he thought about Drake Ferral stealing his power, a man who once trained him, and an acomplice to the Order Of The Invisible, robbed him of his strength and glory. The hatred the swelled in his heart was directed not only towards Drake, but towards himself as well. How could he have allowed himself to be drained of his power, when he needed it most.

How could some, lesser being have taken energy from him. How could Yoshiba let that man live for doing such a thing. More obscinities dripped from his lips as he entred the Temple.

He swore to himself that never again would a lesser being steal anything from him. He swore to re-deem his dignity, and honor by slaughtering Drake, and using his head as a trophy, and a warning to all those who thought about stealing from him.

As he turned the coner of the Temple, he saw Master Tarrian standing there. She seemed to have notbeen there long, but a look of impaitiance was noticible. For some reason, Tarrian had been looking pail, and some-what sickly. Yoshiba thought nothing of it, next to the fact that he had noticed it.

"Master?" Yoshiba asked in an inquiztory tone, with a hint anticipation. He was anticipating being thrown, or broken in some way. Last time Master Tarrian had punished him, which was long, long ago, she grounded his head into the floor.