Space

Ary the Grey

Armiena smiled. "You hit closer to the mark than you may think." She glanced around the wide bay--it was probably the largest room in the entire ship, and therefore, the best place to hold a practice duel. Space was quite sufficient here, and movement was least restricted.

Except for the cargo crates littering the hold. Armiena knew for a fact that they contained a wide variety of goods--spare parts, supplies... ammunition... Many of the crates had warning labels, imploring the user to treat the contents with care. Judging from their size, they were also quite heavy... probably beyond the physical strength of either of the two.

"There are two lessons to be taught here: the basics of lightsaber combat," she jerked her head to indicate a box of training supplies. "And the basics of Force Awareness--reading another person's intentions and thoughts. First," she made an all-encompassing gesture about the cargo hold. "If you could be a gentleman and tidy up my cargo hold a bit, so we have more room to work with?"

drayyy.png

Armiena sucked in a deep breath as one of the crates spilled its contents... but relaxed considerably when it was revealed to only contain medical supplies, which were stored very safely. No damage would occur as a result of Nadroj's minor slip in concentration.

"Good, that was the point of my slave-driving routine," she smiled slightly. "To give you a bit of telekinesis practice. As for the lightsaber... you don't need a full-fledged lightsaber for practice." She stepped off to the side, and slid her box of training supplies across the floor plating with a small gesture. As it did so, it sprung open, revealing its contents: a number of training lightsabers, and several spherical seeker drones.

"Training lightsabers are much like normal lightsabers, though they won't cut through anything. But they will resist other lightsabers and blaster bolts. Pick one, and keep it until we come to the point that you must build your own lightsaber."

While Armiena waited for her apprentice to choose a training lightsaber, she withdrew one of her own and thumbed it to life. She dialed down the power setting of the dark-blue blade so that any accidents that might occur during the practice would only be embarrassing.

drayyy.png

As his ship neared the safe planet of Tempay, Ish tensed up a bit as he felt a major lack of force presences. Many jedi had been here, but had left abbruptly.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

The Mon Calamarian leaves the capital to tend to alliance matters on his home planet. With his diplomatic aides at his side he enters a small sleak Mon Calamari ship and takes off for his home.

While in route, the veteran statesman receieves word from the thriving Mon Calamari ship yards. A smirk crosses his orange face as his green eyes widen with anticipation. The ships crew is ordered to make all speed to Mon Calamari.

Pal_Polloda.jpg

-Senator-

"Later, when your training is nearly complete. Lightsaber construction is not to take place until it's nearly time for you to take your trials. But that's in the future." She thought for a moment, trying to remember some formal knowledge.

"There are seven Forms of lightsaber combat. Predictably, they're named Form I, Form II, Form III, and so on and so forth... Any swordsman worth his own salt knows Form I: it consists of the basic techniques of swordplay. Thrusts, slashes, parries, blocks, target zones... the like."

Armiena snapped her blade into a standard dueling stance, left foot leading, blade angled up towards her opponent's throat. As Nadroj did the same, she spoke again.

"Do not rely on your eyesight to defend yourself. Instead, act on your instincts. Even the most composed person will 'broadcast' their intentions, and you will be able to pick up on what they intend to do through the Force. Use that information to form your defenses."

Without another word, Armiena bellowed. "Defend yourself!" The duel was officially in progress, and she took the offensive. Her blade whipped about in a slash aimed at Nadroj's left arm.

drayyy.png

Nadroj blocked her in a flash of blue and green light. The duel was raging on, Nadroj tried to find a pattern in her moves, he tried to remember what his former master had taught him before she died.

Millennia before the Clone Wars, advanced technology replaced metal swords with energy-beam lightsabers. In this transition the first form was born. Jedi Masters created Form 1 from ancient sword-fighting tradition, since the principles of blade combat remained much the same. The basics of attack, parry, body target zones, and the practice drills called velocities are all here.

So he tried to find a pattern again. It seemed like it was Left shoulder, Right shoulder, Left leg, Right leg, Head. But there were other moves between those. He was losing his focus and missed her saber and accidentally hit her. ”œTerribly sorry master. Shall we continue?”

Cthulhu 2012

Jasyn heeded the voice of his master and shut down his body systems, going into a deep state of meditation...

((Where am I??))

=/\=

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Jesus is the way...

Talon's interceptor coasted dangerously through deep space. Stars zipped by as simple streaks of light while the Jedi within slept peacefully within. On departure from Acrid, Zee had reported that he had stowed his ship on Tattooine. The starfighter was headed there now...

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

Armiena glanced down to see her Padawan's green training blade pass through her turso. She sidestepped to her left, and it exited her body. She looked somewhat surprised... and miffed at being "killed" by Nadroj.

"Well, that's embarrassing. I just got schooled by my own student. Certainly teaches me to not underestimate an opponent. And there's no need to apologize; that is the point of a duel--to defeat your opponent."

Armiena grinned broadly. "Again, but faster. Use the Force to speed your reflexes!" She closed off her mind to make it slightly more difficult for him to predict her attacks, and began a lengthy combination to force her Padawan to fall back on his defenses. This time, she used the Force to quicken her attacks.

drayyy.png

Jag recieved the message from Fett, and he turned his ship towards Coruscant, remembering the first time he went to the Last Call.

His ship then rocketed out to the famous bar.

JaggedFelIIa.jpg

"If three people call you a Hutt, buy a drool bucket and start stockpiling spice." -Corran Horn

Armiena stood for a couple of seconds with her harmless blade inside her Padawan's body before she deactivated it.

"Good. But you wasted time and effort by trying to disorient me. Confusion kills in battle, and it's good that you recognized that, but there are powers that can be used to disorient an opponent. But they're fairly advanced; in my free time, I've been trying to teach myself those."

There was a subtle change in the pitch of the engine's humming, and the floor of the ship seemed to move under Armiena's feet. She kept balance fairly easily. The Avenging Angel had just dropped out of hyperspace.

"And we seem to have arrived at Acrid. We'll continue later." She clipped her lightsaber to her belt, and turned to head for the cockpit.

drayyy.png

After careful meditation, the force guided Ish to his cockpit as he took off for an unknown destination. It was now the forces will that guided the jedi. His hands graced the controls of his Lamborari Gs7 with ease as the agile craft took off into hyperspace towards what he hoped were the other jedi of the order......

Recent holonet posts were showing that times were becoming dire.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

Kira turned towards her padawan, noticing he looked rather relaxed with his feet up. She also took careful note of how his hand had gone to his shoulder at the mention of loss of limbs and sith.

”œWe'll have more training before heading into battle Locke. We'll use a couple of battle droids and work against them together for practice. I'm a firm believer of teamwork, and believe me when I say that I have no intention of letting you fall into enemy hands. When we go into battle it is as a team and I don't ask anything of my people that I'm not prepared to do myself.”

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

"I... I'd rather not talk about it..."

*Locke hesitated, taking a deadly serious tone. He didn't want to even have to think about it. Locke tried to change the subject. How successfully he'd manage was up to his master.*

"Co-operative fighting eh? Sounds like it could have potential, but I have to disagree with you betting your life on me. You're a Jedi Knight, Alliance General, and you have a great body, while I'm just an assbag. You have more to live for than I."

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

Kira could feel pain behind his words and let it drop. If he wanted to talk to her later she would be there to listen.

”œDon't put yourself down so. Every life is worth protecting. I've put myself on the line for new recruits, you don't think I'd not do the same for my padawan? That I'm a Knight and a General doesn't matter. Rank is nothing, it's action that counts.”

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Locke felt the reassurance in his master's words, but did not take them down in stone. He followed with a non-descript "I'll keep that in mind." as he closed his eyes to nap in the chair. He was glad his master Didn't inquire further about the Sith. He wasn't terribly tired, but he wanted to get sleep when he could. He would likely need it soon...

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

*Locke smiled at his master's offer.*

"That sounds nice."

*Locke got up, though he would have been reasonably happy sleeping in the chair. He patted his master's shoulder as he left the cockpit to the crews quarters. He hopped into the bunk, not bothering to take his clothes off for the short nap...*

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Kira checked the control panel's infront of her, noting that they had a few hours before they'd arrive at their location”¦ time enough for her to rest up as well. She left the cockpit and moved through the quiet ship. She went into the bunkroom, checking on Locke to find him sound asleep, the blanket had slipped from him so she pulled it back up to cover his shoulders before grabbing up her backpack from that room and heading to the other bunkroom. Taking her boots and weapons belt off, she climbed into a bunk to rest, her mind running through battle plans and formulating strategies for the upcoming briefing.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Ronin's eyes opened suddenly, the harsh brightness of the ceiling light slowing his focus. His body was cool on top of satin sheets. He looked to his right to find that he was in his room, red and black satin everywhere, his wardrobe and a weapon rack on opposite corners of the room. He looked to his left to find Zara Nargal sleeping naked at his side. Ronin paused, taking a good look at what he saw. Ronin turn his face back up to the ceiling, putting his hands behind his head.

"That- is why I'm the Pirate King..."

FinalRONIN.png