Space

Ary the Grey

"We're gonna head to Cardia, I think we can a get a job there. The Imps always need some assassins."

Going over to the food dispenser, he took out a steak and started chowing down. Going back over hte console he punched inb the Cardia co-ordinates.

"Once we get there let me do the talking I know this guy who's in charge from a long time back."

Sitting back he programmed the computer to wake him with an alarm when they got there and, subsequently, took a nap.

Flying through space witth the greatest of ease, due to the fact that space travel was so common a mositure farmer could do it. Hde made a few random jumps here and there and even stopped twice to check for any tracers, plus he ran two ship scans for any tracing equipment which was taking paranoia to the extreme, upon not finding any he finally poped into the syetm of his choice.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

In hyperspace, en route to Gala, Shawmus struggled to keep his eyes open as he read. He'd never been the type to like studying. He was more of a hands on man. He'd even been tempted to force Tweet to let him plug in the hyperspace coordinates himself. But, alas, the droid was somewhat forceful about its job.

So, Shawmus sat, bored to tears with history of the Jedi, not really taking it in fully, and probably forgetting most of what he read. With the acception, of course, of things about the Force and lightsaber fighting. He'd read over the seven types of lightsaber combat three times already, practicing a few simple moves in his head. Those sections made Shawmus anxious to call himself a Jedi, if that was indeed his fate. Of course, he was still a skeptic.

The droid twittered, and Shawmus snapped his eyes open once again. It was time to pull out of hyperspace, above the planet Gala, another new planet for Shawmus. "Alright," he responded, "I'll do the honors." He switched off the hyperdrive and activated the sub-light engines, and the stars reverted from a white swirl, to a series of streaking lines, and finally, to pinpointed stars. "Welcome to Gala," Shawmus said sarcastically. "Please stay seated until the fighter comes to a full and complete stop."

The Rebel Feet... Or part of it anyway powered through hyperspace on its way to Gala from victorious battle in Haruun Kal. Her CO, Commander Gren Sairdonga was undergoing medical treatment. a result of having millions of nanites put into his bloodstream as his face was torn to pieces... Not to mention the damage to his stomach and nervous system...

sigyh.jpg

The Starsprite made its way through Hyperspace carrying Darla and Nivana to Corellia. The ship took a direct route, Darla wasn't really troubled about being followed at the moment. She was merely happy to be with Nivana and thought about little else.

After a short journey the two women found themselves dropping out of Hyperspace in close proximity to the planet Corellia.

((Continued in Corellia thread))

Rannrsig.jpg

Draken pondered for several moments. He knew that Faust had shipped Achzet to Serenno. He wasn't sure what Alora would think about that and what she would want to do. "Alora, I have just had comformation that Achzet was shipped to Serenno. Is there anywhere you would like to go, before I go to deal with him? Or if you perfer, you may return with me to Serenno to deal with him."

E nomini patri, et Fili e spiritu sancti.

Scorpio came barreling through hyperspace in the LAF-250 starfighter. He wasn't quite sure where he was headed, so he decided to search for his Master using the force, and hoping their bond was strong enough. He started to feel his master's presence, although it wasn't strong. Scorpio concentrated harder.

This time it came through just strong enough to know he was among other Jedi. "Good" Scorpio thought, "Atleast he's alive and well." Scorpio concentrated even harder. Finally, as if by luck, he came within range to the planet Nom was on, and he felt it.

"Ossus......"

With that, Scorpio exited hyperspace, and entered Ossus's region.

Alora raised a delicate, sculptured eyebrow at the comment about Achzet.

"Serenno sounds fine to me... this could be fun. I'll help you deal with him my dear"

The thought of just how to deal with him was visible in her mind to her lover. She grinned at him, the two heading to the cockpit for the journey back to his home planet.

IgyyGiX.jpg

Darth Alraune

Skylock had long since gone into a state of hibernation, letting his body's natural functions slow to the point that he could survive for an extended amount of time with no further nutrition then what he had within him.

Several weeks had passed though and soon he was awoken by the low roar of a ship over head. He shifted, letting some of the dirt that was covering his body fall away and letting his blood really get to pumping; soon he was back to a fully functional state.

__

Dark orbs gazed upon the trio of men as they took their first steps off of the cargo hauler. He checked the pouch on his hip, feeling the tiny bodies squirming at his touch. In a few short minutes two of the men lay dead in a pool of their own blood and the third was restrained in the back of the ship; unconscious.

Several days later the third man's body had been altered on many levels and two specters sat in the cockpit, one in the pilot's seat and one in the co-pilots seat. They were off of the rock and heading towards their destination.

Carnage.jpg

In a random ((hidden)) location, the Construction fleet pulled out of hyperspace alongside Aryian's ship, beginning to construct another base, a spacially-oriented base. It was about the size of a Golan III defense platform, yet had far fewer armaments, the main feature was actually defense, with triple layered shielding and thick armor. The outside of the Hull was painted a camoflage black, so as to mask it against the backdrop of space. It would be very difficult to see in a chaotic space battle, as well as the hull being equipped with sensor disruptors to electronically mask it was ever there.

The hangar was the most heavily armored, the main four double turbolasers located around there to shoot unfriendly incoming craft. It had three torpedo tubes as well as four other turrets located around the outside of the Hull on bubblelike turret mounts (Allowing the shields to cover them as well), but for the most part, that was it. The inside defenses included several sets of ray shields all on different circuts (to prevent knocking them all out at once), as well as gravity traps, trapdoors, a few grenade traps, and several other odd things for defense.

It was also here that the Server ship made a rendezvous with Aryian, finally managing to contact him while he was on Naboo. It made a smaller copy of it's memory into the large databanks of the space station, giving the entire space station an AI and also rendering it inhackable.

Inside the Station were several specialized facilities, mainly computer labs and the like, but there was also a large hollowed out area that could be used for zero-gee fighting. The hangar was stocked with about twenty E-wings, prepared and ready for running starfighter maneuvers. A development lab was included for designing and making all sorts of things, though it was also oriented towards armors and defensive things rather than weapons (it had a lightsaber construction area, however).

Training rooms and meditation rooms were the secondary feature, and made up the majority of the station save the normal things like the Meb Bay, and the rooming quarters and the Mess hall. Everything else was specifically oriented for combat and training in strange environments.

As soon as it was finished, which was several monotonous hours later, Aryian checked his sensors on the Blur (Some of the most advanced sensors equippable on a ship), and satisfactorily smiled as they read nothing. He squinted, trying to see the station in space, barely able to make it out. The only way anyone would know it was there is if they knew it was there previously, and even then it was rather hard finding the thing.

The minifleet and Aryian's ship blasted off, back towards Gala. There was one more base they would need to construct, however they would need special materials for that, and Aryian needed to get to Gala anyways.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

The Sundered Heart traveled through hyperspace towards its next destination.

Alora could feel a tug in the force in two directions... one leading her towards Tattooine, the other towards Cardia. She would head to one, then go to the other.

She showered and changed into another lace bodysuit, showing her body perfectly, topping it with her gloves, thigh high boots and cloak. She clipped her sabers onto her belt and coiled her now cleansed whip, also hanging that from her belt loops. Checking herself in the mirror, she liked the effect, heading back to the cockpit for re immersion from hyperspace to real space.

IgyyGiX.jpg

Darth Alraune

Shadowfax travelled through the swirling spatial realm known as hyperspace. Enroute to the planet Dathomir, Beltran walked down to the cargo hold. There, he began to strap on his armor.

With that completed, Rarr attacked a number of weapons to the various fitted racks that exuded from his armor. He decided to bring his Flechette Launcher, his Merr-Sonn Blaster Rifle, his modified DL-48 Blaster Pistol as well as several thermal detonators and sonic grenades.

Activating the Oracle artificial intelligence system, Beltran spoke.

"Oracle, enter stand by mode."

Immediately, he felt the armor slacken to its mildest state. Then he returned to the bridge, ready for whatever awaited him on Dathomir.

BeltranSig.jpg

Durose was initially startled by Brina when she had entered his room and went off on him. She was a brave woman, as she was risking being struck down where she stood for such an intrusion. Most cathar females would not have been so brave. Durose turned quickly initially at the sound of someone aggressively entering.

What was even more dangerous was what she had said. She was right in some things, but just as wrong in some many other ways. He had remained silent, though. Instead, he curiously watched the woman. In fact, halfway through he found himself clinching his teeth to prevent himself from smiling. As her speel came to an end, Durose nodded to himself. As he took a seat on his bed, he recalled the memory of her face, her lips moving, no words coming out. She did look cuter when she was mad.

Having come to a conclusion on that matter, Durose had turned his attention back to what she had said. He then decided he would wait a while before confronting her. She may have been cuter when she was mad, but that didn't make it right for him to anger her on purpose.

The ship now in hyperspace, Durose went looking for the Link representative. Following the sound of the noices, he found her in the engine room, working away halfway underneath a panel. Making a stealthy approach, Durose moved in. As she reached over for a tool, Durose made his move.

"I think you're looking for this one," he said with a smile, offering her the device.

He was sure there was still a lot of negative energy between them, but he figured it would help break the ice for the conversation. Nevertheless, he realized that what he was about to say may be a little harsh. He also realized it had to be said, though.

Durose continued, "See. That's what I'm talking about. I've seen you around others. You do treat me different. And about the species quip, when have I even used my species as a crutch around you? Did I ask for special consideration for the job because of my species? Did I ask for extra assistance because of my species? Did I ask for special treatment because of my species? True, I may assume the worst a lot of the time. But then maybe we aren't that different. You seem to be the same way. And if it's not about my species, what is it? Because I'm positive you have some prejudice which I have had the displeasure of falling into. Just think about what you said? Have I ever told you not to critique me? Have I ever been offended by any of your critiques? And no. I didn't automatically think you had any prejudices against me. But I've dealed with more than my fair share of it. I know what it looks and feels like.

Durose stared at Brina very pointedly.

Of all that she had said, one comment had flared his anger and that anger was now evident in his normally controlled voice, "Oh. And I have respected you! I've done everything in every way possible to be respectful to you. Any 'disrespect' definitely wasn't meant or on purpose. I think you're the one acting like spoiled royalty. Nothing I do is ever good enough for you. What else do I have to do to respect you?! Bow down to you and kiss your feet every time I see you. You're the one that didn't want formalities. I'd just as well call you ma'am or Miss or your highness or whatever title you'd like. Have you ever thanked me for anything I've done? Not that I expect it, but I continually go above and beyond for you regardless. I've revamped the Link security, I've brought new people, our expedition to Myrkr was a great success. I make ever effort to assure that not even a hair on your head was touch! Even at the cost of injury to myself..."

Durose voice suddenly lowered and carried the quality of mornful frustration as he continued, "What more do you want? Why can't you just treat me like a regular person? Tell me that isn't prejudice? Because if that isn't then I'd like to see your definition. After all I've done, to say you don't respect me because I don't respect you...? I may be a cathar, but I still know something about respect. Most would already have respect for me if I'd not half of the things for them that I have for you. I can't show you respect if you won't let me...If you won't tell me what to do... if you reject my every effort... If it isn't a prejudice against me for my species then what it is? Is my size? You have a problem with tall people? My voice? My dress style? My teeth? Any of my former professions? My...?"

Brina bit her lip hard when Durose found her and began to rant again, although this time it was more controlled. She didn't look at him as he spoke, focusing on anything else that she could come up with, like adjusting a coupling that was an minuscule of a fraction out of alignment.

When his voice trailed off, she glanced up at him, determined not to back down, but not to lose her temper. "I do respect you for what you've done," she said softly. "You have been a loyal employee and I don't know what we would have done without you. You are brave and have never shown any signs of wanting to go against our policies or anything else we represent."

She turned back to the fabricated task. It was easier to talk when she was doing something. "I assure you, I am not predjudiced against you." She continued quickly to forestall his comment. "If I am, I hold to what I have said before...that it's your attitude, your personality, that doesn't set well with me."

She managed to look him in the eye once more. "Look, I've treated you just like I would treat anyone else I don't like. In that respect, I've treated you exactly how you just said you wanted to be treated--like a normal person. And I'm sorry. I've wanted to say that to many people in the past. It is inevitable that personalities clash...and I think, or I know, that it has unfortunately happened again here. There are a lot of people I don't get along with well," she sighed.

She was sick of this bickering, and regretted that her temper had caused problems again. "If you've translated that into my prejudice against you, then it's my fault, and I'm sorry. I'll try to do better, but I don't guarantee anything. I tried on Myrkr, and it worked for a while, didn't it?" she pointed out. "Sometimes I...I just snap."

She bit her lip again, and turned back to the imaginary work she was doing, adjusting things here, wiping random spots of grease of there.

PvCXzdZ.jpg

As Scorpio and Master Nom exited Ossus's orbit and into hyperspace, Scorpio had great feelings to have his Master by his side again. Scorpio pondered on his training, which he soon hoped would recommence. And he pondered on his sister, who he hoped he would find soon. Scorpio gripped the two in one orange bladed lightsaber, and ran his fingers across his father's name which was imbedded in the lightsaber's hilt. Now that he knew he didn't kill all he thought he had killed, a brief weight was lifted off his shoulders.

As he kept looking forward into space, watching the planet's zoom by like lightsaber blades igniting, they barreled through hyperspace to Gala. Scorpio turned to his Master and spoke.... "You wanted to speak to me about something, Master?"

Deep in hyperspace, Fynn carefully watched the navigational chart scroll along the interface of the Y-Wing's navigation chart. He tried getting updates on the council or the jedi. But he found nearly every channel was restricted. This either meant the jedi were being more shrewd since the defeat, or that privacy was becoming a nessceity for jedi and thier students.

Fynn thought about his only student...Nivana. Her training should be complete by now he thought. She was a powerful jedi, and with Darla as her master-he tried not to think of that...

Darla had been the source of many things for Fynn, happiness as well as pain. He had tried so hard to live up to being a savior of some sort...to be worthy of her affection only to find that it wasn't him she truly wanted. Whatever happiness she had Fynn wished it remained with her. He knew that the best thing was to stay as far away from her as possible.

"My goodness..." Fynn said as he looked at his reflection in cockpit glass. His face was truly haggard. The elements of a beard were showing, making Fynn feel a lot older then he was. He'd never let it grow out before. Together with the tattered tactical suit, and torn armor, he looked insane.

He chuckled...he had just spent over a month eeking out an existence on a barren world and here he was worrying about his fashion sence. Another thought struck him, he had no lightsaber. Yet this was the first time in a long time that he felt somewhat normal with out one. Besides...it was the jedi that made the blade...not the blade that made the jedi.

Finally the communication counsel snapped to life and live reports began flowing to the crafts system as he neared civilization. Thats when the headline struck him.

JEDI SOUGHT IN CONNECTION WITH MASS MURDER

As the y-wing's navcomp warned that he was coming up on Gala he sighed. It was time he face he music.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

"I remember traveling to Haruun Kal, the window to your battle with Piccolo was getting larger and larger. You fought well." Something I never got the chance to do... Nom could remember his battle with the famed bounty hunter. His acting skills proved quite useful, an observation he never thought he'd make. If only he had the chance to finish his plan...

"I remember towards the end of the fight, I could feel some anger...rage i you." The Jedi Master's tone suddenly went almost dry, as if he were running out of moisture in his mouth. "What happened?"

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

Scorpio's gut churned when Master Nom mentioned the anger. He hadn't wanted to admit it out of fear of exile, even before he was knighted, but he wouldn't lie to his Master either. "It's been happening ever since my battle with Yue," Scorpio said as he lowered his head in shame. He lifted his head back up, placing one of his hands on his chin, and spoke again. "It must have happened when he cut my voice off, and each time it's the same. It's like a burning pit deep in my stomach." Scorpio grew quiet, afraid to go on.

After a few odd moments of silence, Scorpio grew enough courage to finish. "And each time it's stronger, almost completely taking over me." He gazed out the cockpit window, wondering how he would say what he had to say next. Then, with a low hoarce sounding tone, Scorpio continued, "And in battle, even though i am stronger in my fighting skills, i'm not actually me." Scorpio turned back to the front of the ship, stareing straight ahead, wondering, worrying about what Master Nom would say or do, and spoke once more. "I feel split in two."

Durose stood looking down at the woman as she explained while working on the circuit panel below. In a way, he was actually surprised that she wasn't going to fight him any further. However, the thing that really came as a shock was the apology she gave at the end. He hadn't expected it for some reason.

She is firm yet sensible. How about that.

Caught off guard, Durose moved next to her and motioned as if he was going to say something, but said nothing. Instead, Durose backed against the panel wall next to where Brina was working and let his body slide down to the floor. Slouched in the sitting position, Durose covered his eyes with one hand before wiping down his face. With a wide eyed look, he threw up his hands, his lips again looking poised to speak but no words being uttered. He was momentarily caught speechless, unsure how to proceed. It was a rare thing for him. Finally, though, Durose broke the silence.

"I...I don't know what to say. I mean. I guess a 'thank you' is in order. And I'm happy to know it isn't because of my species. I just... It just frustrates me. I guess that's it. I mean... I see you around Zara, her kids, and others. It seems like you get along well. I don't see what makes me so different. I just can't understand why you don't like me...why our personalities would clash. I've tried what I can to make peace and be friendly."

Durose throw up his hands again, gesturing as he stared into the distance trying to decide on the right words to say.

"I don't know. I guess I admire you in some ways. You're unlike most or maybe even any female I have known in the past. Of course, I haven't had a lot of dealings with human females in my past lines of work. Still... It's just... you hold yourself so well. You know how to use your power and lead while still understanding the need to delegate. You are strong-willed yet reasonable. You are willing to listen to others... You don't have to always be right. You are willing to go with the flow even if it isn't always exactly what you want... just to name a few things..."

He paused for a second more, staring at his hands before leaning his head against the panel and looking up straight across the room at the corner of the wall where the vertical structure and the ceiling met.

"I guess... in a way it's hurts... you know... for someone with so many admirable qualities to hate you... and you can't figure out why or how to solve it. If there was something I did or said or a valid reason it would even feel better... but to just be hated and not understand why. To have our personalities 'clash' and not understand why. That is frustrating. It just feels like prejudice. Like no matter how nice I am it will never be good enough to win your respect. Do you know what I mean? Have you ever known someone that no matter what you do they will never truly respect you..."

Durose finally turned to look at Brina, "I just wish we could have a mutual respect for one another. Maybe even a friendship. Who knows..."

Turning back away with a sigh, the cathar slouched a little further, "I don't know. I'm probably silly for even saying all this. I apologize for going off at you earlier, though. It really was uncalled for...and..," Durose stuttered wiping his face with his hand again, "and I'm sorry for even bringing all this up."

Pinching his brows momentarily, Durose finished, "I'm sorry. I'm sure you don't want to here all this. I'm just wasting our time. I..I...I'll...I'll leave you alone. I can see you are busy with something else. Forget I even mentioned anything. I shouldn't have bothered you like this."

Using his arms, Durose turned over and rise to his feet before dusting off his suit a little.

She realized she had caught him off guard. His list of her attributes surprised her. It was strange to hear stuff like this...espeically coming from him.

She could also tell that by his response, she hadn't made herself completely clear. She sighed. She had said it as clearly as she could, and now there was nothing left to say. She hoped that he would find a friend...he seemed so alone. She regretted that she couldn't bend herself to be more friendly with him, but she also knew there was really nothing she could do about it. She wasn't going to change who she was just to make one person more comfortable.

As he rose, she turned to him. "Durose...you do have my respect. If you can come up with some ways that I can show that to you, I promise to at least look them over. I can't guarantee I'll be able to do any of them...and if that's the case, you'll just have to know I do have some respect for you...but I will try."

As she offered it up, she turned away from him. Standing herself, she snapped the panel cover back on. "We should be almost at Gala by now," she said, changing the subject. "Let's get this meeting with the Alliance over quickly, and get back to the Casino. Oh, I sent a message to Lord Barton...do you think we should contact the Empire as well?"

PvCXzdZ.jpg

The whole situation made him feel akward. He had never discussed any of his feelings with a female. An act like that would have made him look weak in the eyes of his people. He just didn't see her as a cathar female, though. She was so different in so many ways... Good ways, too.

At her suggestion, a few ideas crossed his mind. He was sure he could come up with something, but he was more worried about the reverse.

"And interesting proposal. And I'll throw it back at you. You come up with some ways for me to do so, too. It's only fair," he replied with a smile realizing that he hadn't smiled in some time now.

Now focused back on the mission at hand, Durose nodded, "Yes, we should be there any second now I imagine. Let's get that meeting over with. Then we can see about exploring our other options. I guess you could contact the empire if you like. I don't really know if we will get anywhere but I don't imagine it hurts to try.

((to gala? ))

Darla made several small jumps through hyperspace in her newly acquired YT-200. She dropped out of hyperspace in several different systems, slowly bringing her closer to her destination. At one point she was actually heading further away from Gala, but as long as she travelled this way nobody would be able to trace her.

When she was sure that her journey had been convoluted enough she dropped out in the right system and headed to Gala base.

Rannrsig.jpg

Nom shook his head, wondering what question to ask. This didn't sound like normal anger. This situation seemed like something much greater, more intense and monstrous. "Does this always occur when you are fighting, do you have any control over it?" The Jedi Master looked inquesitive hoping to keep Scorpio away from any suspicions of anger he would perceive his master to have.

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

"Does this always occur when you are fighting, do you have any control over it?" asked Master Nom, and Scorpio politely replied, "No, and yes. This doesn't occur outside of fighting only because i'm fighting it constantly. So yes, i do have a degree of control."

Scorpio still lingered on his answers, for he feared exile more than anything, but he felt he still needed to be honest. Scorpio took a deep hesitant sigh, cleared his throat and began to speak again. "I've used to force, searching for it's exact location, but only found it's local area. Yue hit me at my greatest weakness. He corrputed my heart. But he also underestimated the power of one's heart. Hence my subtle control over it."

Scorpio hung his head in disappointment, thinking only of his exile, but still ready to take whatever punishment Nom deemed acceptable. He spoke, raising his head just a bit, "Before you sentence my punishment Master, look through the force at me. See the blue and red aura storm brewing inside me? The light and the dark are raging war for me, and as long as i breath, i will always fight for the light." Scorpio turned back to the controls, looking over at the LAF's small nav computer noticing they were just a few minutes from Gala. He turned back to Master Nom and spoke, "We're drawing near to Gala, Master."