Space

Ary the Grey

She relished his touch, leaning her face into his hand. Zara felt drawn to him, she knew she was attracted to him, had been from their first meeting. Being an innocent though, she didn't know what she should be doing. Just spending time with him was intoxicating. A slight shiver went through her at the feel of his hand caressing her face and she looked into his eyes again.

She was relieved that she didn't need to have anything to change into, she was comfortable with what she was wearing anyway.

"So... do I get a hint of where we're going?"

She smiled at him, wanting to move closer to him but not sure if she was game enough to...

144JyIb.jpg

It would be some time before the Avenging Angel reached Tempay, and idly sitting around would drive Armiena insane. She regretted that she wouldn't be able to train Nadroj on Ithor, which had a decidedly more immersive atmosphere, but while en route to Tempay, there was no point in getting some training accomplished.

She brought the crate containing her training supplies into the main cabin, and undid the lock that protected the contents from a break-in.

It was incredibly easy to locate her Padawan through the Force, as there were only two live sentients on board. Armiena sent a brief thought into his mind, indicating that she wanted to meet with him in the main cabin.

drayyy.png

Zane put his hands behind his head, stretching randomly as he addressed his master. "Well, you said you had some important business to attend to and kind of brought me along by default. We ought to go back, though, make sure not TOO many people have vandalized by ship.

"I was wondering what happened back there. I got the impression there's dissension in the ranks?"

zane35aw.jpg

Sig courtesy of Kayla Mhin, Ex-Jnetter

"I find your lack of pants disturbing"

you're the only one for me, Zane

Zane, ...you blow my...mind

"I was just wondering, 'cause it seemed like emotions were spiking around there. I'd hate to think that, just as I'm getting involved, the game goes out of fashion because people get into fueds and such.

"But that's cool that it's getting figured out."

zane35aw.jpg

Sig courtesy of Kayla Mhin, Ex-Jnetter

"I find your lack of pants disturbing"

you're the only one for me, Zane

Zane, ...you blow my...mind

"No hints. It's a surprise, and I'm not clever enough to come up with a good hint."

*Ronin silently worried. Outside of his c0ckpit he couldn't be absolutely certain that nobody would recognize the Pirate King's unmistakable red ship and decide to settle a score. Ronin reasoned that the probability was low, and that if they did his shields would hold out long enough to get to the controls.*

"We'll be at exactly the right place in a few moments. I want it to be perfect."

*Ronin had given a hint. Not necessarily a hint that would mean anything until she saw what he was planning, but a hint. Ronin looked deeply into her eyes. It wasn't clear what he was thinking anymore...*

FinalRONIN.png

It would be some time before the Avenging Angel reached Tempay, and idly sitting around would drive Armiena insane. She regretted that she wouldn't be able to train Nadroj on Ithor, which had a decidedly more immersive atmosphere, but while en route to Tempay, there was no point in getting some training accomplished.

She brought the crate containing her training supplies into the main cabin, and undid the lock that protected the contents from a break-in.

It was incredibly easy to locate her Padawan through the Force, as there were only two live sentients on board. Armiena sent a brief thought into his mind, indicating that she wanted to meet with him in the main cabin.

Nadroj was walking around her ship when he got this feeling that his master needed him. Nadroj ran into the main cabin. "Yes Master?You needed me."

Cthulhu 2012

"Awww, no hints?"

Without her realising it, a sultry look crossed Zara's face as she looked at him, wanting him to give her at least an idea of where they were going...

"You want what to be perfect?"

She coyly tilted her head, hoping he'd elaborate more. She was very intrigued now and her curiousity was growing by the moment. She was very aware of his arm being along the top of the couch and kept thinking to herself that she wished he would drop it down around her shoulders. If she was game enough she would snuggle against his side... but she was too shy to do that...

144JyIb.jpg

Trith awakened with a slight headache, about ten seconds after the shuttle took off. She stood, stretching as she walked into the cockpit and dropped into the pilots chair, the troops hadnt bothered to disarm her, which was a plus, but the hyperspace coordanates were alreadly locked in, which was definately not good, they could go anywhere, she checked the nav, tatooine system, but by a slightly different route than the galatic listing. She brought up the holonet and ran a reverse mapquest, which revealed that she was heading right into the suns of the desert planet. "Damn." She said aloud. It echoed through the narrow corridors of the ship. She would have to figure out a way to disengage the navicomp or hyperdrive, she thought, as the ship entered hyperspace.

A few hours later, Trith emerged from the crawlspace beneath the hyperdrive, her tanktop smeared with grease. She wiped her brow on her forearm, her rig had better work, seeing as if it didnt, Things would get real hot, real fast. She went back to the fresher and pulled the greasy clothes off, tossing them in the corner as she stepped into the cramped shower. The water smelled putrid, as it was recycled, She never had cared much for Space travel, especially when she was heading where she didnt want to go. She hurredly scrubbed the grease off and got out, Pulling her hair up as she did.Donning her armor and jacket once again, she headed for the cockpit. Only another quarter hour.

Trith.jpg

*Ronin was amused by Zara's persistence. Unfortunately for Zara, the desire to know what he meant only made him want hide it more.*

"You'll see."

*Ronin could tell it was driving her crazy, and he was beginning to pick up on her self-defeated desire to come closer. Ronin's fingers landed on her shoulder, one by one making contact in a subtle way. Zara's attention strayed to it momentarily, and when it returned to Ronin on her other side, he had moved several inches closer, now looking into her eyes from a few inches away. It was a stealthy move that you'd expect from the self-proclaimed greatest thief that ever lived. Now he sat- inches away from Zara, taking in her intoxicating scent. He spoke just louder than a whisper.*

"I can almost guarantee you'll like it."

FinalRONIN.png

She almost jumped as she felt his fingers on her shoulder, turning to look at them. She felt a slight movement of the lounge cushion and turned back to discover him only inches from her, causing her breath to catch in her throat at his nearness. It wasn't quite enough though as she stared back into the dark depths of his eyes, she wanted contact. Quizically she answered him as she felt a slight tremble go through her body, her voice husky.

"How do you know I'll like it if you won't tell me what it is?"

Well she had to get points for trying didn't she?

144JyIb.jpg

*Ronin's eyes were now close enough to Zara's that she could tell their actual color. Though it was hard to tell at any distance it now became highly apparent that they were a golden yellow. Most of the time the dark piercing orbs were cold and menacing, but at this distance they showed a sort of hidden warmth. It was like tarnished gold- like deep below him there was something beautiful, that nobody would ever find. Ronin answered her question very seriously.*

"I look at you, and I can tell what you like. I look at you and I can see straight into your heart- and I can tell all about you. That is how I know."

FinalRONIN.png

Zara felt she was being swept away by the moment, her heart was beating fast and the innocent girl felt she would get lost just looking into his golden gaze. She'd been amazed at the actual colour of his eyes and couldn't tear herself away from them.

"You seem to know me better than I know myself then..."

Her lips quivered and her voice was soft, barely a whisper as she responded to him.

144JyIb.jpg

*Ronin look became no less serious as he continued on.*

"You... Your innocence astounds me. In a world such as this- especially with a career such as yours I know not how you keep it- like a white rose blooming in a sea of red. It's... A puzzle to me..."

*Ronin paused watching the girl's movements carefully, wondering if this was going to backfire.*

"So you see, I do not know everything about you."

FinalRONIN.png

A low laugh escaped her at his last words before she became more serious.

"I... you're the first that I've ever wanted to let get close to me. Usually Kat's around to frighten anyone else off. Being twins, and Kat with his reputation was usually enough to keep anyone away from me." She smiled again as she added with humour, "Besides, I could usually drink them under the table... and by that time they'd be so close to passing out that they'd forgotten that they wanted to get close to me in the first place..."

She liked how his face had become gentle as he'd relaxed. Almost without thinking she raised a hand to gently trace his jawline...

144JyIb.jpg

*Ronin's hand drew up along her face, his fingertips now touching her face just in front of her ears. Ronin's smile returned to his face.*

"I think you'll find that I won't be so easy to drink under a table. As it stands- I'm undefeated."

*A beeping came from Ronin's coat pocket.*

"Ahh... It is time. Your surprise awaits."

FinalRONIN.png

Zara raised an eyebrow at him,

"Undefeated?" then thought twice about it, "I think I'll let your record stand, I don't think I could beat you if I wanted to"

When the beeping disturbed the moment, Zara found herself slightly disappointed, but then again she was very curious about what the surprise was.

"So what is this surprise Ronin?"

144JyIb.jpg

*Ronin chuckled*

"Persistent, aren't we?"

*Ronin's placed his hand on hers, and quickly he rose. Ronin led her out of the room, walking backwards and pulling her along to a door in the center of the ship.*

"It isn't much, but, well you'll see."

*Ronin slammed his fist against the door open switch and quickly it shot open. Carefully Ronin led Zara into the dark room.*

"I hope this doesn't upset you terribly, but there's only one seat. We'll have to share it."

*Ronin couldn't tell what her reaction was to this, as she was silent in the dark room, but he assumed she wouldn't mind. Ronin let her sit down first in the thickly cushioned chair, taking his own place on the arm rest. He held up his hand and a sharp green light came up to it. At first it was blurry, but as the projector warmed up it became apparent that it was a menu. Ronin cycled through a few screens, touching the holograms with his fingertips, finally tapping a button marked "activate." With a resonating purr the walls began to glow with a bright light. It had suddenly become apparent what Ronin was leading up to.

The room was in fact Ronin's cockpit. Unlike most, his cockpit was located center of the ship, and was fed in by a series of holodisplays, capturing info from outside the ship, and projecting it on the walls of the cockpit- which was a sphere 3 meters in diameter with the captain's chair placed squarely in the center. What it boiled down to was that from the captain's seat in the ship not only could you see all of space around it, but you could see it in perfect detail and realism. It seemed like that from the seat you were actually sitting in space.

This alone was enough to steal one's breath, but what made this particularly spectacular was the view. In the front of them was the planet Coruscant, and peaking out from around it was the sun of the Coruscant system. The Sun was illuminating one quarter of Coruscant's visible surface, the other three quarters being the brightly illuminated cityscape. As if this weren't enough, Ronin had more thing to do. He pulled up the menu again and within a few taps he had deactivated the gravity, completing the effect. After a few seconds a chute opened and the chair detracted suddenly, leaving the two floating in the air, unbound to anything in what looked and felt like space- save for the violent decompression.*

"What do you think?"

FinalRONIN.png

Zara quite liked him holding her hand as Ronin led her into the darkened room. She was puzzled as to where they were but wasn't concerned. As she sat she felt him settle himself closeby and felt comforted that he was still near. She felt him moving and noticed lights coming up but wasn't prepared for what his surprise actually was.

She drew a sharp breath, holding it as she caught sight of the view of Coruscant, finding it totally spellbinding as they floated there. She'd had a slight shock when the chair disappeared from under her but as she'd just floated there, she soon forgot it as she eagerly took in the view. Zara grabbed hold of Ronin's arm in her excitement, floating closer to him as she looked all around them... trying to remember that she had to breathe... it was so breath-taking.

"I... I don't know what to say... it's... it's beautiful"

She turned to meet his golden eyes, her's sparkling happily in the starlight. Forgetting her shyness for a moment, she slipped her arms around him, squeezing gently as she embraced him.

"Thankyou"

144JyIb.jpg

The panther flew out into the space around coruscant, and after quite some time, came to the co-ordinates it was heading for. Touching a few buttons on the control panel, Kat was rewarded by the sound of two hisses of gas, followed by two deep thuds, as the panthers magnetic harpoons shot out and attached themselves to the heavy transport. The harpoons pulled the two ships together, and a bridge lifted out of the panther, connecting with the transport.

Beckoning silently for craede to follow him, he made his way across the bridge, and inside the transport. Using a handheld scanner, he checked over the entire ship carefully, making sure there werent any traps or possible dangers contained within it. Once he was certain everything was safe, he walked up to the cockpit, where he was joined by craede. Pressing a few buttons on a remote, he heard the bridge disconnect, followed by the two harpoons disconnecting and reeling back into the panther. Pushing another button, the panther went into auto-pilot, and headed back for the link building, programmed to dock in its usual space.

Firing up the transport, he began piloting it into the coruscant airspace, well away from all centers of security or authority.

Kat.jpg

*Ronin hesitated slightly, having been taken by surprise. This wasn't quite the reaction he expected. Ronin closed his arms around the girl and embraced her back.*

"Don't mention it. Cheapest date I ever went on..."

*Ronin's crude comment seemed to be a bad move on his part. He decided to move on quickly before it made him look bad. Ronin paused and put some distance in between them. His tone became serious once again.*

"I have to warn you about me. There are a lot of people who'd seek to get some kind of revenge on me, and it seems like there will soon be many more. Being near me is likely to be dangerous. The closer you are, the more likely it is to blow up in your face."

*Ronin feared how she would respond. He'd never had to give this speech before...*

FinalRONIN.png

Zara eyed him closely, not sure if he was trying to push her away already or not as he released and moved across from her... Why bring me up here if he doesn't want me? No, can't be it... He is a pirate, he does dangerous things... trouble follows him or he goes looking for it... It didn't take long for her to make up her mind... she remembered their first meeting quite well...

"You don't think I realise that? You're a wanted man... in more ways than one..." She looked at him coyly... "Think I'd scare that easy when I know what your line of work is?"

144JyIb.jpg

*Ronin nodded.*

"It's something I had to say. I couldn't let this progress any farther without making sure that you recognised the risk associated with being with me."

*Ronin looked at her again, now showing visible relief. Ronin drew her closer to him yet again.*

"There are perks- of coarse- to being the Pirate King's lady. I think that makes you a dutchess or something. That and you get the best gifts. Direct from the heartless pricks that actually have enough money to pay for them."

*Ronin chuckled at his joke. It being funny because it really wasn't a joke...*

FinalRONIN.png

((No need to quote my posts.))

Armiena shut the lid of the crate, and stood up to face her Padawan. In her hands was a single spherical training remote, studded with a multitude of stinger emitters. She tossed it into the air.

The seeker drone stopped its own flight and hovered about 5 feet above the ground. It rotated a few times, as though trying to determine which of the two Humans was the greater threat. Finally, it paused, and hovered well out of Armiena's reach. As she approached it, it retreated, dancing about in the air to prevent her from seizing it. After chasing the drone about the cabin, she simply formed a wall around the drone with the Force, and steadily shrunk it to pin the drone.

The Jedi Knight raised her voice. "Dine, you did a fine job reprogramming that drone." Yelling wasn't necessary; the R5 unit appeared from the corridor leading to the cargo hold and beeped modestly.

She deactivated the drone and caught it before it landed on the ground.

"Your first lesson is very simple. Telekenesis: the art of moving objects with the Force. Any object can be moved, even in vacuum; so long as you don't need to move anything larger than a snubfighter, size makes little difference. The only tool you really need is the knowledge of how you want the object to move." Her gaze on her Padawan disfocused slightly as she recalled a memory. Specifically, how her last ship was destroyed.

"Imagine how you want the object to move. When you can clearly see it in your mind's eye, move the object by reaching out and pushing it with your mind." She hesitated. "Now, stop this remote before it hits the ground."

With that, she tossed the seeker drone into the air underhanded, and turned to watch how this would proceed...

drayyy.png

"Yes master." With that Nadroj concentrated very deeply on the training remote and tried to stop it before it hit the ground. On his first try he was not able to stop it. The training remote hit the ground and flew back up and fell again. This time Nadroj was ready and he cought it in midair, he decided to showoff and do some tricks with it. He made it do back flips and spin aroud untill he started feeling queezy. Nadroj stood up and bowed to his master. "Was that good?"

Cthulhu 2012

Zara relaxed into his arms as they went about her again. She laughed softly as he told his joke, not caring much for titles or trinkets as long as she could spend time with him... especially as she had now discovered how much she liked the feel of his arms around her.

"I happen to think you're worth the risk"

There was a certain something about him, be it the thrill of danger that came from being associated with him or something else entirely, Zara was just happy to be with him. She snuggled against him, resting her head against his shoulder and inhaled his masculine scent.

144JyIb.jpg

"Fine work," Armiena allowed as she watched the spherical device zoom about the cabin, seemingly out of control.

"During the Battle of Ryloth, my last ship was seized by a Sith--a powerful one, I'm guessing--and was literally hurled into a Rebel Interdictor. Caused plenty of structural damage, to the point that I had to abandon ship." R5-D9 hummed mournfully, agreeing with his owner. "And that wasn't the end of it. The Sith began tearing armor plating off the Interdictor.

"At Borleias, a Jedi Master managed to divert a moon that had been propelled at the planet, though the effort cost him his life." Armiena frowned as she thought back on that day; it wasn't exactly the most cheerful memory.

"With enough concentration, the Force can move mountains--or at least, extremely large boulders. Doubt will only hinder your efforts." An alarm from the cockpit sounded, alerting the three that they were about to leave hyperspace.

drayyy.png