Space

Ary the Grey

Jacobi Suluric's "borrowed" infiltrator shot out from hyperspace like a rocket. His shuttle floated around like a corpse in the free current of gravity, he began docking manuevers. Entering the code to shut down the security system via his armband. He loaded his equipment and gear onto a trolley and wheeled it into the storage compartment of the infiltrator. All ecept the inherited Mandalorian battle armor.

After two minutes of careful checking and adjusting, after which he suited up. He felt refreshed as the T-visored helmet slid over his features. He quickly armed a detonation charge and lodged it in the hyperdrive, he would destroy this ship as well as evidence he had ever appeared here. He climbed into the Infiltrator and set his jetpack with his other gear. He disengaged the docking position and flew a fair distance before detonating the charge. He watched his shuttle burst into a blossom of fire and shrapnel. He set his coordinates, he still needed more weapons.

For the glory of battle

The Osroc rocketed through hyperspace with Ish and Ghokoral aboard. All the while Ish works with Ghokoral to help him learn basic. Before long they come upon their destination.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

As Renn's Warwitch followed a lengthy hyperspace route, the ex-Rebel, ex-vigilante, ex-bounty hunter sat in his quarters, dwelling on his memories.

Is this what it feels like to have a mid-life crisis? If so, I'm pulling ahead of schedule. He absentmindedly fidgeted with his Hero's Cross, given to him by Forn Dodonna.

The thought of Forn brought back a host of memories of fighting with the Rebellion: sitting under the guns of Mon Cal cruisers, wondering if he would be simply blown to pieces for his boldness; fighting for his escape on Artus and blasting apart numerous Imperial fighters and the bridge of an Imperial SD; Coruscant, where the Rebellion finally took the Imperial capital world... but with grievous casualties.

And where he was ambushed by SEED agents. Ambushed, handed over to the Imperial's tender mercies, and summarily executed. During most of his execution, he was conscious... it wasn't until his limbs had been burned off by rifle fire that he finally sank into blissful oblivion. He had every right to be disgruntled about his death.

"Hold on, Jedi. Ordinarily I'd be happy to put a bullet in your head, as I'm sure you'd love to kill me, but we have a goal in common- the Imperial. I daresay we want him for different reasons, but we both want him dead."

Renn had immediately denied that he was a Jedi... but he had heard once that SEED had a vast network of spies and listeners at its disposal. No--he certainly wasn't a Jedi. He didn't even think he was Force-Sensitive. There wasn't any evidence to suggest that.

He looked up from his reminesces and gazed at his medal. Force-Sensitive... unbelievable. He refused to believe it. Although Renn was certainly capable of looking after himself, Jedi were... so much more.

The medal moved--without him touching it.

It was the tiniest movement; a slight wiggle, a tiny shift of weight that was immediately corrected by gravity. Yet it completely changed Renn's world.

For a long time, Renn sat in his quarters, completely dumbfounded.

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

The flight out of Tempay was so simple that Armiena didn't need Dine with her at the controls. Once the Avenging Angel entered hyperspace, she rose from the controls and headed for the freighter's galley. It had been quite some time since the Jedi Knight had eaten, and her stomach was starting to protest the lack of feeding.

Armiena returned to the ship's main cabin with a massive sandwich in her hands, and waited for Nadroj to join her. On Tempay, neither of them really had a chance to introduce themselves properly, and... no place to make up for that like the idleness of hyperspace.

drayyy.png

Nadroj ran into the main cabin. "Hey! So, at the temple I never realy got to know you. Or you know me. Well I will start, Im Nadroj Ehtylb. I was born on Naboo. My Dad tried to kill me when I was four and my mom died in a lightsaber dule with a sith. Shortly after that my dad joined the sith and I went to the jedi for help, and here I am now, A jedi apprentice! What about you. Were did you come from. Oh and can I have some of that sandwich?"

Cthulhu 2012

Jasyn input the coordinates into the ship's computer, making sure his path was untraceable; you never could tell when someone might try to follow.

He was on his way to Ilum to begin his training. Though he had waited a long time for his training to begin he wasn't so sure of how he felt about it. It was the beginning of a whole new life and that was not something to be taken lightly. Perhaps he could speak with Master Kirlocca about what it really meant to be a Jedi.

Putting the ship on autopilot he moved to a more comfortable position to meditate until arriving at Ilum.

=/\=

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Jesus is the way...

Armiena considered Nadroj's words for a few seconds as she tore a massive bite off of her sandwich. She chewed a few more seconds, and tried to form words. Talking about her past was not something she enjoyed in particular.

"You already know my name: Armiena Draygo. I am Alderaanian. My father, Bron Draygo, was the CEO of a midsize shipping company, and for the longest time, it appeared that I would be following in his footsteps, running the company and all. A shallow life, perhaps, but my future was looking brighter than a nova. Then the Death Star showed up... I was barely 17. Obviously, I was off-planet in the time, in the Corellian system.

Her tone turned mechanical, as though she was removing herself from the pain of memories. "After a few months of trying to keep things together, and failing miserably, I joined the Rebellion. I served in the Commandos for a few years, at least until I realized that I was Force-Sensitive.

"After I left the Rebellion, I worked as an independent merchant for a while, until I felt I was ready to become a Jedi."

R5-D9 rolled in, and whistled a low tone to his master. "I've seen a lot in my life, and I hope that you'll learn from my mistakes so you won't have to repeat them, Jordan. But I can elaborate at a more appropriate time; we'll be leaving hyperspace soon." Armiena took another mouthful out of her sandwich, and headed for the cockpit.

drayyy.png

Zara had been evaluating Brina on their trips and found her to be an excellent pilot.

"One more trip after this one... I shall be pleased to have this task completed."

The two sat in companionable silence during the journey. Zara's thoughts turned to the past. She hadn't had an opportunity to wear that lovely red dress she had been given as yet. She might just dress up in it and go out partying when they got back. She smiled a mysterious smile as she thought of the man that had given it to her... wondering if she would ever see him again.

The panel beeped, announcing that they were nearing their destination. Zara nodded and Brina took them back into real space above the planet of their destination.

144JyIb.jpg

Renn woke with a start. Very little had changed in the Warwitch. Puffi Maa was still in the cockpit, probably performing some long due self-maintenance procedure as he monitored the controls. Very little had changed--though Renn couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched.

The ex-bounty hunter pushed the chair that he had been napping in from the cabin's desk. As he swivelled to get up, a hand abruptly stopped the rotation, pitching Renn to the floor. He managed to avoid falling over, but he dropped to one knee as he glared at his assailant.

She was a young, well-muscled woman with long black hair, and quite beautiful in her own way. She wore the robes of a Jedi, and two lightsabers glinted at her belt. Telltale bulges indicated where she had other weapons. Her green eyes seemed to pierce into his soul, flaying his spirit with a cold wrath. Renn had the disturbing sensation that he had once known her name.

"You've forgotten my name, eh?" The cabin's lights seemed to darken. "I assure you, I haven't. Your memory has haunted me since the day that we met."

Feeling as though his soul was being crushed, Renn realized who she was... and their brief history together.

SHe was Armiena Draygo. Renn, during his career as a bounty hunter, had been hired to kill her by the Empire, all as a means to impose authority on her rebellious father, who had been funneling aid to the Rebellion. Simply put, he botched that Hunt, and never got a chance to get on her trail again.

Renn assumed that she died on Alderaan when the Death Star appeared, but the memory of Hunting her, a mere child at the time, still tormented him. He never let anyone know about that particularly dark period of his life, because he feared that knowing that he had once Hunted a child would give people the impression that he was a monster.

"No, I didn't die... despite your best efforts. Despite the Empire's best efforts."

Renn didn't know what to say. In his entire life, he rarely apologized... and for something like this, he was completely lost. "For what little it's worth, I'm sorry," he attempted awkwardly.

"Sorry!" She laughed mirthlessly as a hand reached for a lightsaber. Renn looked about helplessly; his sword, for what little it would do against a lightsaber, was in the armory. "I've wanted to do this for a long time." Armiena pressed the reflector cup of her weapon against his solar plexus, and pushed his back into a wall.

The former bounty hunter closed his eyes, not wanting to view her wrathful face. "If it's truely what you want, what you need... at least grant me the mercy of killing me quickly." He tentatively guided the hilt under his chin.

He heard her voice shake with righteous fury. "It's not for your sake that I spare you; it's for mine. KNowing that you're an honorless scum is punishment enough." The lightsaber turned from his neck.

"I'm loathe to admit it, but there's still hope for one as lost as you." The illusion evaporated, revealing the metallic form of Puffi Maa.

If the droid was capable of showing facial expression, Renn was positive that Puffs would be staring at him as though he was a patient in a mental ward.

"You said something, Renn?"

The former bounty hunter took a moment to gather his thoughts. He knew how strange this situation must have appeared to the droid: Renn, backed into a wall, wearing an expression of resigned fear.

"I, ah... we're heading back to Bakura. Take us out of hyperspace." The droid cocked his turso, as though trying to decide whether Renn had taken a stun bolt to the head.

"Right... whatever you say...."

A few minutes later, the Warwitch popped out of hyperspace in the middle of no where. Almost as quickly, it executed a quick U-turn in the hyperspace lanes.

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

Armiena stared out into the endless blue tunnel that was a result of hyperspace travel.

"I suppose it couldn't hurt to know where we're going; we'll be dropping out of hyperspace in just a few minutes, either way. Ithor. A nice, peaceful jungle world, away from all of the troubles of the galaxy. An ideal world to begin your training on, I think."

drayyy.png

A strange ship blasted through hyperspace, heading for a destination that only the Black Sun operatives knew. If anyone spotted this ship, it was gone before they could give it a second thought.

JaggedFelIIa.jpg

"If three people call you a Hutt, buy a drool bucket and start stockpiling spice." -Corran Horn

Darth Havoc extends his right arm and reaches out with the Force. The circular chamber grows silent as the Sith Master probes the mind of the warrior before him. Darth Havoc smiles ”“ the Sith Master sensed power in this one; this Horus Forinth was indeed a worthy disciple.

"Rise."

Without anything more, Darth Havoc turns to Jidai Geki.

"See to it that the Sith witch Alora is resurrected, my friend. Perhaps death will have done her some good, as it did my blind friend and the former Raynuk Montar here..."

*A few moments after they had taken off from 'The Link' Ronin emerged from the cockpit of his ship, The Grave Breaker. The cockpit was slightly puzzeling, as it seemed that instead of being in the front or in some kind of extention of the ship, Ronin's was in the dead center. This, however, either of it's occupant's minds though. Ronin opened the door to the ship's living quarters, a change that had been made since the last time Zara had been on it. Now the second sleeping quarters was a small living and work space. Zara sat on the couch and looked up at him, with what seemed to Ronin as a twinge of confusion.*

"It'll be a little while before we get to our final destination. Would you mind if I sat down with you while we wait?"

*Ronin grinned wide. He was under the impression that she'd say yes, but silently he kind of anticipated her denying him...*

FinalRONIN.png

Zara glanced up at him... puzzled on where he was taking her but not worried.

"I'd like that"

She shyly answered him, then suddenly realised that for the first time she was alone with him... and her brother wasn't anywhere close by. A blush rose to her cheeks as she also realised what was different about where she was sitting. She nervously picked at a thread on her cargo pants.

144JyIb.jpg

*Ronin sat down slowly putting his arm along the back of the couch. Ronin watched her nervously pick at a thread on her pants. Ronin tipped his head forward and moved his hand toward her, touching the bottom of her chin with two fingers and turning her head to face his. He was mildly entertained by her blushing.*

"You should relax. I'm not that scary..."

FinalRONIN.png

Her voice soft, almost a whisper now as she found herself enjoying the feel of his hand on her face,

"It's not that, I don't find you scary. It's just..."

She let her voice trail off as their eyes met again.

"It's just that it's the first time we've been alone..."

Her explaination ended up coming out in an embarrassed rush.

144JyIb.jpg

"Well, normally when I get nervous like I've noticed the both of us are I abuse a substance, such as alcohol or cigarettes. As you likely don't find either of these terribly attractive I'm just going to with- 'It's a surprise.' and wait until the opportune moment to show you."

*Ronin grinned at his nondescript answer. It was just enough to keep her from thinking that he was going to chop her up or kidnap her or any other manner of foul play, yet vague enough to keep her guessing. Precisely the outcome he wanted...*

FinalRONIN.png

Now she was puzzled to what his intentions with her were. She wasn't adverse to alcohol, having had drinking competitions with her brother, but she didn't smoke.

It's just a date... why am I so nervous? Zara tried to make herself relax, leaning back in the chair. She could feel the warmth coming off his body as he sat beside her. Turning to look at his profile, Zara found herself admiring his dark looks all over again. There was something mysterious about him. It was a shame she didn't have time to get that red dress he had given her at their last meeting.

Oh! Where are we going? I've got nothing to wear for a decent date? Oh no!

"Ummm Ronin, this date... I haven't anything to change into. Or is what I've got on ok?"

Normally she wasn't vain and didn't care what she wore but as this was a date she felt she should have had something decent on instead of her work gear. She wouldn't be surprised if she had grease streaks on her somewhere either...

144JyIb.jpg

*Ronin touched he face again, looking directly in to her eyes and speaking with a dark but strangely enchanting tone.*

"To be honest, I really don't care what you wear. I've scarcely noticed to be very honest. Besides, there hasn't been a day I haven't worn this coat in years. It's really quite pathetic. It's got bullet holes, and the seams are all coming undone, hell- the damn thing used to be straight at it's bottom, but now it's just a jagged line where it's all been torn. It used to be very smooth... Really, I couldn't criticize you about you clothes if I wanted to."

*Ronin had started to relax. The angry serious face he usually made was now replaced with a slightly gentler, less emotionless face.*

FinalRONIN.png