Gala - Jedi Praxeum Ruins

Amidala Skywalker

Aidan looked back down towards his feet, kicking them and trying to avoid the subject. It wasn't really one he knew a lot about anyways, but it also felt uncomfortable.

"I dunno. Cause I am, I guess? I've been alone my whole life, and now I come here and find out I'm alone when compared to the rest of the galaxy as well...It's just a downer, you know?"

((BTW, I reserve that Armiena has the right to control minor actions of this character at any time, following, conversation, etc.))

fuckmeIwannastop.png.f6b3c407fbf3e64619d8058b21303934.png

"Master Organa, I'm sorry that I was not here as you landed. I was saying goodbye to a friend. I'm very glad to be in your company."

"I'm pleased to meet you, Nishant. There was no need to hurry. I'm waiting on my droid to return from his task." Skye smiled in welcome then indicated towards her friend, "This is Darla. She will be traveling with us to Corellia."

As she spoke, the Healer felt the approach of another. "And this is Master Darex Trevelian." She turned towards the latter, her eyes sparkling as she saw how he greeted Darla. It pleased her to see both her friends so happy.

"Thanks for fixing her up."

Skye laughed, and winked back at her former padawan, "I did nothing..." her grinning face met with Darla's knowingly. Turning back towards her new padawan she spoke, "Do you have anything you wish to bring with you?" She could feel how calm Nishant was... and caught a hint of something else. "Your friend... if she isn't doing anything do you think she would like to join us?"

The offer was given with Skye feeling 'the more the merrier'. Tares had asked his padawans to find Holden's father to ask permission for him to join them... the Healer feeling that they had nearly accomplished that task... so if Nishant's friend wished to join them as well she could...

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Out in the forests of Gala, a lone figure seamlessly threaded his way through the trees and underbrush. Seemingly fixated on the object he carried in his hands, he maneuvered throughout the natural obstacle course without once lifting his head. Mathis walked away from the Temple, and didn't stop until he was far enough away that he had complete privacy from the rest of the Jedi. He found a tree that was larger than the others, and settled down in between two of the roots.

The lightsaber rose from his hands until it reached eye level. He gave it a nudge with the Force, making it rotate and spin like it was a model on a showroom floor. There was nothing special or out of the ordinary about it, it looked just like any other standard lightsaber hilt. With another flick from his mind, a pure, crystal blue blade shot forth from the handle, adding a slight blue tint to the surroundings.

Blue, the color of peace and tranquility. I've been anything but that lately, haven't I?

He removed the other saber from his belt, and let it float up to join it's brother. Another nudge, and the orange blade ignited. Due to the shadows from the trees, the sabers were now illuminating the area around Mathis. One side of the glade was an eerie orange, and the other was a calm blue. Where the two colors met, they mixed into some indiscernable shade.

Before, I used to get frustrated way too easily. I let small things bother me to the point where I just wanted to get away from the others. And I did, for a while. This business, though, isn't made for a person to walk through alone. While there was those who I didn't get along with, just think of all those that I did get along with, and learned from. Orrick, Mes, Adi-Wan, Joren, and Malin, just to name a few. And I can't forget about my own apprentices. Joel, Nom, Scorp, and Ish. Teaching them was a pleasure. Maybe I should spend some time just devoted to teaching? That could help me get grounded again, it takes a rather bone-headed apprentice to get me upset. There was that one guy... I tried to teach him how to use a saber to deflect bolts and he goes postal on the droids. I think he ended up washing out, anyways.

Mathis let the memories from his past flow through his mind. The good times, the war times, and the sad times, he took a moment to study every single one, noting how they had affected his life. When he got to his latest memories, specifically his fight with John Skywalker and his recent confrontation with Emily, he took extra time to examine those.

When I fought John, that was in defense of my apprentices. I didn't start the fight, but I started to lose myself in it. I was willing to do anything to stop those Sith. I gave way to my anger, let it control me. I still think that emotions are a part of us, but they need to be controlled, not controlling. That's also what happened with Emily. I let my anger at John cloud my senses. I didn't come out and say it, but I definitely threatened her. That was despicable of me. I shouldn't be judging someone just because of who their parents were, I need to judge them based on who they are. I was starting to deal in absolutes. Ally or enemy. Jedi or Sith. The me that first joined the Jedi would be disappointed in myself right about now. If a Sith can be remorseful of his evil ways, then I can definitely turn over a new page. I need to put the moody, too willing to fight me in the past, and move on from it. However, I must never forget how I was, so that I never go back to acting like that again.

The orange saber in front of him deactivated, leaving the glen washed in a gentle blue. Using the Force, Mathis lifted several feet of dirt out of the ground. Cracking open the lightsaber, he pulled out the orange crystal, then sealed it back up and lowered down into the pit. Replacing the dirt, Mathis grasped the blue lightsaber with one hand and the orange crystal with the other. Pulling out a knife, he drilled a hole through the middle of the crystal. He then sliced off a strip of cloth from the bottom of his shirt. Feeding the cloth through the crystal, he tied it into a loop and then placed it over his head. He stood up, tucked the crystal under his collar, and restored his old saber to it's former place on his belt. With mind and conscience clearer than they had been in a long time, he turned back towards the Temple, and made his way back to his home.

mathis-1.jpg

It felt like forever since Darla had seen Darex. She hugged him tightly and kissed him warmly. Much of her uneasiness fell away as she did.

Only moments before Skye's new apprentice had arrived. Darla pulled away from Darex and greeted Nishant with a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. You're in very good hands with Skye. she taught the both of us." She indicated Darex and herself.

Darex was speaking to Skye, asking what she had done to fix her. It was only then Darla remember that the last time Darex had seen her, she had thought that there was something wrong with her. They hadn't spoken and he had no idea what had actually caused Darla”˜s sickness. She blushed a little as Skye gave her a knowing look. The secret that the two women shared making her a little uneasy.

I'll have to tell him soon. But not just yet. Darla thought to herself, keeping the sentiment guarded.

Skye offered Nishant the chance to bring a friend along on their journey and it seemed that the small party was growing. It was Skye's way to be warm and welcoming, gathering an extended family around her. That was one of the things that Darla liked the most about her.

Depending on how long they were away for, their would be another addition to the 'family'.

"So are you all finished up here?" Darla asked, turning back to Darex while she smiled into his eyes. "You coming with us to Corellia?"

She was a little worried that 'Jedi business' was going to take him away from her.

Rannrsig.jpg

Kirlocca turned around, almost a bit confused. He had just addressed Aidan, only to be quickly greeted by his own sons words from behind. He looked, but instead of seeing Holden, he saw Holden and a two others that he didn't recognize. He locked eyes with the oldest boy who approached, one whom Kirlocca found that he fully did hold an interaction with him.

<< I did not expect to have him bring along a few other friends, but as far as going to Corellia, what is the purpose of all of you going? >>

Kirlocca looked down at Holden for a long moment. It wasn't that he didn't trust him, in fact, he trusted Tares and Holden well enough, but the idea of him being approached the way he was made him wonder, just a little bit.

Darex shrugged. "Misal Draygo told me she wanted to speak with me, but I can't get ahold of her. I left her a comm message, so unless she comes and finds me before we're ready to go, she'll just have to meet us on Corellia." He chuckled. "I definitely don't want to cross her. She's not a woman to be trifled with."

The Jedi Master put a hand on Darla's waist. "So what have you two been up to while I've been stuck in meetings?" he asked, glancing between her and Skye.

Despite his lighthearted tone, he couldn't banish the heaviness that responsibility added to him, and right now, the burden was heavier than normal. Coruscant was burning, and the war was only going to get worse if the Grandmaster's visions were true. He knew he would have to bring it up to the present company eventually, but truth be told, he didn't want to burden them with the knowledge. There was nothing that they could do about it, and Darex was determined that Darla would be kept safe and out of the action for the duration. According to Fitt, the galaxy would settle down after this had all played out, and Darex intended on doing everything in his power to ensure that Darla would be around to see it.

The desire to protect her reminded him of Furion's words. A tiny worm of doubt niggled at him, buried deep down in his all-too-human heart. For now, he simply pushed it aside; if there was one thing he had practice with as a Jedi, it was ignoring his emotions and not letting them influence the way he lived his life. His relationship with Darla had made him take an avenue he had never before walked, but he didn't think that this path would completely contradict everything he believed in. If he did think that, he would never have let himself fall for her.

The smile returned to his face as his stomach rumbled, reminding him that he had missed the nice dinner Skye had been making and had instead been stuck chatting with the Dark Lord of the Sith. He sighed. Now he'd be stuck with bad flight food on the way to Corellia.

He winked at Darla, knowing that she probably would have heard his stomach's complaints given her proximity to him. "The Jedi Council needed to set it's priorities straight," he commented wryly. "Food, then war."

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Business concluded, Julio couldn't help but feel a tad reluctant to leave. The temple still bustled with vibrancy, and lives continued unabashed. It was as if he were a slight speed bump on their lives. Yeah, a Sith was here. Just had to pick up his daughter, then left. Was that how they saw him? Certainly they knew the threat he posed. Or rather what he could present. Were they that secure, or did they just not see him as a reasonable threat? The thought was somewhat disconcerting, but he left it be. He had his daughter, and that was all that mattered to him right now. At least, that is until the comm came in.

Son of a... He trailed off only for his daughter's ears, but the sadness was already set in his eyes.

"What's a matter, daddy?"

He sighed heavily then finally willed himself to meet her gaze. Work.

Rose sat quite for a moment as they both let the sadness have its moment. "Well...its okay." She piped up, trying her best to be soldierly about it all and cheer her father up. "You're back now, and we'll spend lots of time together when you get done. And by then, my presents should be here." She flashed him a big smile and hugged him again, and again his heart broke.

That's right. And I got a job for you until I get back.

"What's that?"

I just got us a new house, but here's the thing kiddo. I haven't seen it yet. I want you to find my apprentice and help her set it up.

"The whole thing?"

Yep. Every room in the house. I trust you know how I like it? He said all serious, as if a superior officer were leaving the details of an order to the trusty hands of his most capable soldier.

"You can count on me, sir!" She said in mock gravity, saluting him until he dismissed her. They both laughed at it and hugged again. "Okay, so what are we taking?"

Well, my ship will be here soon, but there's some transports over there. I don't think they'd mind if we borrowed one for a while. Public transportation can be such a bother this time of year.

"Indeed." She said in her childlike voice as she glanced over the common place transports at the end of the hanger. "They don't give us much selection. How about one of those?" She said, regarding the line of various craft, obviously the personal crafts of some esteemed Jedi.

If we had more time, maybe, but we need to get scooting.

"Okay. I'll just take one of those, then." She said with a hint of regret, pointing to the various bank of transports.

You think you can fly it, sugar?

The preteen spun her head around and gave him a look of 'please', and simply started toward the transports. Julio couldn't help but smile.

Alright then. I'll be hear to make sure you take off. Despite her bravado, she didn't really have a whole lot of time piloting under her belt, but she knew the controls well enough to at least take off and land capably. Even as she boarded, started it up, did the pre-flight check, and took off, Julio was still very much aware of the inner workings of the machine she chose to ride. If anything slipped, anything at all, he was there to catch her. Even has she took the ship cleanly out the hanger and took off toward the sky, the Sith still didn't exhale until he felt she was safely out of atmo and plotting a hyperspace route.

Not long after Rose made a safe getaway, Ezra, the twenty five foot winged mech, almost crashed into the hanger. The cockpit hissed as pressure valves released and the latch glided open. Two quick steps and a hop and Julio sailed the twenty feet up to his seat like it were nothing. The seat seemed to suck him in as he strapped down and in. Ezra synced up with his neural implant, and they were off, nothing but a pinprick in the sky before anyone cared to notice. He was already so removed from most of their minds, he doubted any of them would notice he left. Oh well. He'd be back.

Kitt smiled and then stood up and walked to Aidan with his smile still intact. He placed his hand upon the boys shoulder as he spoke in a quiet tone.

"You are only as alone as you make yourself alone. Your mindset will decide what you can perceive and what you cannot. Remember that."

Kitt then turned and locked eyes with both Tirius and Roene. He let silence pass between the room before he even moved a muscle.

"As for you two..."

Kitt then walked up to Roene, taking a full moment to look over his apprentice before speaking.

"Roene, you are head strong at times. You like to think through things, which is good for a certain times, but not always. You like to question things, which helps better to deepen your understanding. Know that a time is coming when action first may be required out of you. Trust in the Force at all times. I can foresee that one day you will become someone that others will always look to for counsel."

Kitt then walked over to Tirius and gave him the same time as he looked over his other apprentice before speaking.

"Tirius, you are a man of action and learning, yet you lack some patience when it comes to areas of your Jedi life. I will expect to see these thing become more disciplined in the near future. Don't always leap into action, allow the Force to guide you always. Trust in it. I can foresee that one day, you will end up becoming a great defender for the galaxy."

Kitt then walked away from both men, about ten paces before he stopped and turned around. Taking a few more seconds, he looked them both over, hoping that his words would find a place in their minds, and that they would grow from such words. Once he was sure that all the time was needed had passed, he took only a single step forward and addressed both.

"Roene and Tirius, come forward and kneel."

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

The Knight watched as his padawan manipulated the Force, it was a small feat but he took it for great worth. He understood what Trushaun was trying to communicate. The naturalist class was one that required a great connection to the Force and nature, one that would only come from many years of experience and training which Rep was responsible for supplying.

"So, I have to ask. Are sure that you want to be a Naturalist? I'm not trying to dissuade you but I need to be clear before we start serious training."

repsisig.png

A great defender for the galaxy...

Maybe that was his path in all of this. To defend from evils like the Sith and the Empire those who could not defend themselves. It was certainly one of those classic Jedi fundamentals. Somehow, through Tirius' training, he had been so encouraged to find his own path, so little educated on Jedi ideals and so much on exploring the Force and making his own conclusions, that he actually had very little structure.

But perhaps this was like everything else Master Fitt had taught him. By spending time in the Force, by listening to it and letting it guide him, he would come upon what it meant to be a Jedi, because a Jedi was a servant of the Force at heart, and the defending the weak part came naturally. It wasn't required, but how could one fail to do it when in service of the energy field and creates and is created by all life?

Tirius Giovanni was ready to figure out what happened next, ready to leave the sandbox and get back out into the galaxy. He stepped forward up to Kitt and kneeled when prompted, bowing his head to the Jedi Master in a gesture of respect. It was truly impressive what Fitt had accomplished despite his young age, and the gesture was deserved.

Trushaun smiled and let the pine needle down. She heaved a sigh of relief, it was still quite a bit of work to manipulate something else. She ran her fingers through her head feathers and listened to her master's question.

"Yes, I am sure." She spoke through basic for the first time.

Trushauncopy3.png

The words came upon Roene like a crash of rushing water; a water of purification, of knowledge, of reverence, of joy. His entire life had led to this moment and this was just a stepping stone leading to the grander scheme of things.

I can foresee that one day you will become someone that others will always look to for counsel...

Roene smiled brightly; he reflected upon his experiences with Kitt and how he was able to show his approach to things. Roene knew he was wise in a few areas, but invariably had much to learn when it came to the grander picture. He knew it would take time to earn the wisdom and knowledge equivocal to passing it on to masses of people, but he knew now that he had the tools to pass on his knowledge onto a ready and willing padawan. It was Kitt's admission to Roene's transcendence into a level of teaching that even Kitt was still going through.

Life is the greatest teacher. In the long run, a person could glean gads of facts from books and histories, but until their feet touch the cold ground they are lost to the world of the present...

Roene didn't say anything as he looked in reverence at his master standing a good distance away, beckoning Tirius and the Cerean to come forward. It was the moment that had waited for him for his entire life and was now being set directly into his lap aside the sleeping Garral. Speaking of said Garral though, the sudden problem became what to do with him as he got up. So, as Roene got up, he picked Tyue up gently - still sleeping - and passed the dog pup to a spectating student and approached the designated place at Kitt's feet.

The Cerean kneeled slowly, taking care to touch his knee softly to the auditorium floor, and sighed deeply, softening his expression and smoothing out a grand smile that he could feel in the very essence of every pore. Roene poured joy and happiness silently into the auditorium, filling with the warmth it provided and waiting for Kitt to finish the ceremony...

NvFYuwm.png

"A friend?"

Nishant said the words in his quiet manner, finding himself, surprisingly...surprised, that such an offer would be made so simply, as if it were only an invitation to the next room and not another planet, another time and place, another life...and yet he found himself uplifted at the thought of it. The very first thing his master says, and he felt perfectly at ease; he knew in that moment, this was truly his teacher.

"If it is truly alright, I'll go get her."

Apparently, he was more eager than his customary equanimity might imply, for he did not wait even a moment after those words were spoken before he turned and made back along the way he came, at a steady pace, hoping she was still there, knowing that such a person as Master Organa would not be the kind of approach with a weapon in hand, so to speak. This could be good for her... he thought, and as he turned the last corner and saw Emily there, sitting in such a perfectly collapsed, darkly wonderful way, he couldn't help but smile.

"Now," he said, an oddly distinct tone of teasing in his voice as he walked towards her, "if this is what's going to happen, how am I going to leave you alone?" He came to a stop next to her, looking down with warmth. "My master has told me that if you want, you can come with us to Corellia. I don't know if it is any more than that: an offer to accompany--I don't know if she will train you. So you could stay here...if you wanted, to wait." He smiled, softly, held a hand out lightly. "Whatever you decide, I hope you'll stand up. A flower is meant to blossom before it wilts."

Nishant2.png

"But beneath the courtesy...a deep reservoir of feeling."

Kitt pulled from his lightsaber hilt from his belt and activated it a snap-hiss, igniting a blue energy beam. He approached both apprentices, who were kneeled on the ground now. Taking the time to make a slow downward motion near both of their shoulders before he spoke.

"Keep these words with you through the rest of your life, learning does not stop now, but gives more opportunities to learn. Arise, Jedi Knights of the Republic."

As Mathis walked through the front doors of the Temple, he quickly realized that he didn't know where to go from there. Not so much as how to get around, but more so he didn't know what to do with himself.

I said it myself, I have been out of the loop for a while. I don't even know who the current Head is! I wonder if there's anybody around that I even know who would catch me back up to speed?

Stretching out his senses through the Force, he lightly touches on the different presences that populated the Temple. Most were strangers, but there were a few that he remembered from times past. Kirlocca, Kitt, and Skye were the ones that seemed most familiar to him. He locked on to the location of the one closest to him, and took off through the Temple. Mathis navigated through the hallways until he came out to the hangar. Spotting the small group of Jedi, he made his way over to Skye, Darla, and Darex.

"Hello, Skye, it's been a while. I don't think that I've ever had a chance to thank you for looking after Ish for me."

Not wanting to be rude, he turned to the Darla and Darex to introduce himself.

"My name is Mathis. I don't mean to offend by not saying hello to the both of you, but I don't know what your names are. However, you both seem familiar to me. Have we met before?"

((Dagobah and Borleais, respectively. In case you guys forgot, cause I did. ))

mathis-1.jpg

Dahar had read over the book "The Practice of Retribution" multiple times and meditated often on the subject. The power of retribution was one that needed to be implemented quite carefully due to it's dark nature. It allowed a Jedi to take whatever pain he received in battle and target it back on the person or thing inflicting that pain.

One night Dahar went into the city to test the practical application of this skill. Wearing civilian clothing he found his way to one of the less friendly neighborhoods. He was familiar with such areas. Back home on Adumar frequently he went into the ghettos to find the local fighting spots. He enjoyed dueling there because the focus was not on the spectacle of the duel but the fight itself. After a bit of searching he came across a bar called "The Golden Hammer". At least that was the best translation he could make out as the sign was not in basic but one of the local dialects. Inside he found the usual makings of a fight club. There was a bar with a rather menacing clientele. Towards the center of the room there was 4 sided cage. A fighter stood in the middle nearly 8 feet tall. He was close to human but unmistakably not. The announcer called from a megaphone offering 1000 credits to anyone who could defeat his champion.

Dahar approached the cage. "No weapons!" called out the announcer. He took the blaster off his belt and laid it down on the table. His lightsaber was tucked carefully out of sight inside his shirt. He wouldn't be needing it but knew being a Jedi would certainly disqualify him from the match. Dahar entered the ring and sized up his opponent. The man was huge, with a patch over his left eye. Through his years as a prizefighter Dahar had learned never to underestimate anybody. He bowed as a sign of respect. This was not reciprocated as the man lowered his head and charged into Dahar's midsection before he could even finish. The momentum threw Dahar up against the wall.

He knew he was in the perfect situation to try out his new power. What he hadn't thought of was the rush he would experience from fighting, not for the greater good, but for his own gain. The initial blow had thrown him into the zone he once knew so well. He charged forward and threw a right hook which landed perfectly. Dahar almost began to relish in the blow but reminded himself of the reason why he was there. He focused on the Force and allowed it to flow through him. He could feel it traveling through his body from his chest to his extremities. It gave him a sense of clarity and strength. He focused his energy on his opponent and became ready to attempt his newly learned skill. Dahar had quite a threshold for pain and hoped it was greater than his opponent's. The behemoth answered Dahar's hook with a fierce blow to the abdomen. Dahar received the punishing blow and staggered back a bit. Such force! He kept his concentration though and focused his thoughts on his opponent who quickly grabbed at his own midsection. Dahar could see the confusion in his eyes. In a mix of shock and anger the man lifted his giant arms and swung down at Dahar's shoulder. The weight nearly caused Dahar to stumble. Simultaneously the local champion cried out in pain as he felt his own blow reflected back on him.

The crowd began to watch in awe as the giant pummeled Dahar who did nothing to fight back but with each received blow somehow caused his opponent an equal pain. If it were not for Dahar relying on the Force the pain would have been too much for him but the life energy flowed through him like a narcotic. His opponent on the other hand had no such aid and soon found the battle to be too much. He demanded the fight to be stopped. When the announcer refused to open the doors he literally ripped the cage apart in a fit of rage and stormed out of the club. The spectators booed the rather anticlimactic ending. Dahar took a moment to call upon the Force to heal him. His minor wounds were nothing compared to the power of the Force.

Exiting the cage he approached the announcer. "My credits sir," Dahar requested but the man refused to pay him insisting that he had not won, that the fight was a draw. Dahar looked him in the eye and said again, "My credits sir." He was paid and left the club.

On the way back to the temple Dahar contemplated his new power. It was certainly remarkable to be able to make someone else feel his pain. He considered if it was possible to use the Force to inflict pain in other ways. "No" he said after he quickly caught himself. To use the Force in such a way was the path to the Dark Side. It was a dangerous new skill he had learned. As he neared the temple he couldn't but think about it. "I wonder..."

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

As she sat there, feeling sorry for herself, a sudden calmness came over Emily. And with that calmness came anger; anger at herself. If her old master caught her acting this way, what would he have said? He would have considered her a fool, a weakling, too busy drowning in self-pity to become anything of value.

She took a deep breath and wiped her wet eyes. No more of this wallowing! she reprimanded herself. Face the facts like a grown-up, not an angsty teen.

Then, just as the thought finished crossing her mind, she heard his voice. She turned, only half-believing that he had come back, and even more disbelieving the words he was saying. His master had offered to extend an invitation to her? Had Nishant mentioned her to his master? Did this Jedi know who Emily was?

Her heart warmed and the anger at herself melted away. A smile that held a hint of her old exuberance burst across her face as she took his hand. Rising, she embraced him. "Thank you!" she exclaimed. "This means...a lot to me." She didn't say why it meant so much; nor did she really know. Only that there was a connection between her and this handsome young man in front of her, and she was loathe to break it. "I really don't care if she trains me or not," she said shaking her head. "I'm just happy that I'm with you. On this new adventure, I mean," she added hurriedly.

Now that she had accepted, she was suddenly nervous about meeting Nishant's new teacher. Jedi were so...unpredictable. Master Kirlocca had treated her with respect, while others approached her with lightsaber drawn, ready to take off her head for being who she was. She wondered how this new Jedi would respond, and prepared herself for another tigerish predatory response. She would be who she was...there was no need to hide. She was not ashamed.

"Well," she said finally. "We shouldn't keep your new master waiting. Lead the way."

Emily%202015_zps34rpkjob.jpg

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

Tirius Giovanni had knelt a padawan learner, and now he rose a Jedi Knight. His training was complete, another phase of his life now in his past. As the responsibility of again being in put in authority of his next move settled upon him, the ways of only looking for instruction passing, he drew a deep breath. The journey before him was long, but he had finally gotten out of the system and into a hyperspace lane. He was prepared for what was ahead.

Now he bowed to Master Fitt. "Thank you, Master. I will be mindful of what you have taught me," he said. "Now I must begin to experience the galaxy anew, and I think I know where to start..."

He gave a slight smirk. "Until later, Kitt." He executed a smart turn and headed for the hangar and his personal ship, the Xanadu. It was a brief walk, but it gave him enough time to again examine his re-established freedom. It wasn't that he hadn't enjoyed being a Jedi padawan, but graduating effectively turned him loose to follow the Force as he saw fit. If he had learned anything, he knew that it would immediately begin to challenge him in ways even the Grandmaster hadn't imagined. A Jedi did not have to seek evil-doers, but rather stumbled upon them.

It was time to find out what it would look like to be a Jedi out in the galaxy. Soon, Tirius had cleared Gala and was heading for the stars. What he could really use, he decided, was a good drink. And he knew a great place to get one.

Dahar's approach to the temple was very contemplative. Exactly what were his motives in perfecting his new skills? Did he enjoy inflicting pain on that arrogant giant a little too much? He had not doubted himself like this since his arrival at Haruun Kal.

After passing through the temple gates he decided to head to the courtyard to clear his thoughts. He always felt comfortable under his tree. Turning the corner he spotted a large wookie. He had not yet met him but from the Force presence surrounding him he knew this must be the Jedi Master Kirlocca he had heard about. With him was a group of padawans, one of whom being his friend Adenna. It had been quite some time since he had apologetically left her. The Force had called him to further his own training before showing another the way.

Dahar remained at the end of the hall at a safe enough distance not to be noticed, knowing the Jedi Master would sense his intentions if he so chose to. With the Force he reached out to Adenna's mind. He hoped she would recognize his presence after the time they had spent together.

Hello Adenna. Would you like to continue your training?

Adenna was looking on as Holden and Kirlocca were having their reunion. She had already felt uncomfortable interrupting such a time and was still steaming a little over Sebastian, so she said nothing and kept out of it. She was standing there when she felt some sort of tug. At first, she brushed her shoulder as if a small pebble had fallen onto it. The tug was still there so Adenna looked around for a brief moment, but saw nothing. It took a few seconds for her to realize that she felt the tug from her limited Jedi senses.

When she did, she looked around farther around hoping to see something that was the cause. It took a few more moments, but her blue eyes came to rest on a familiar person. With a smile, she silently left the small gathering and walked down the hall to where he was.

"Teacher Dahar!" she said quietly but with enthusiasm. "What are you doing here? I thought you were going to be traveling."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Everything in Roene's body shined in an even brighter positive light than it had before. A Jedi Knight of the Republic ... Each word fell heavily upon the Cerean's shoulders, but simultaneously liberated him of all doubt and fears; the beam of his master's blade warmed his arm as it hovered ever so slightly above his shoulders, beginning to purify his mind and body. The Cerean was a new man; Roene knew no failure and no success only absolution; he was just getting used to the feeling though, when he remembered something vital.

The Cerean paused and hesitated a moment as he stood. Then, taking a moment to remain in the present, Roene looked toward Kitt and smiled an extremely broad ear to ear smile then hugged him without any pretense or pause. Roene wasn't overly attached to his master, but they had been through a lot together so the gesture didn't seem as odd.

”œThank you master, your trust in me is not misplaced. Now”¦”

NvFYuwm.png

"Misal Draygo... that is a name I haven't heard for a while." Skye said to Darex. "I think the last time I saw her was when I treated her daughter on Corellia... at the Forest Retreat actually. If you can't get hold of her before we go, you could let her know where we will be. She knows where to find it."

Her attention turned back towards Nishant as he responded to her offer. She laughed softly as he hastened off to find his friend. It would be good for them to share each others company on the journey, if his friend did take up the offer to come along, especially since they had to take a detour to the Golden Link Casino so she could heal a patient there. It would give them something to do while she was busy.

"Hello, Skye, it's been a while. I don't think that I've ever had a chance to thank you for looking after Ish for me."

Skye turned towards the voice, having felt a familiar presence approaching them. She smiled in welcome and inclined her head towards him in acknowledgment, "Mathis. It has been a while. Completing Ish's training was no trouble at all. I'm glad I could do that for both of you. As it happened, it was good to have him along Darex here. Their trials were done together." She wasn't sure if Mathis knew that or not, as she turned her head from one man to the other, "And this is my good friend Darla."

A series of beeps and whistles indicated that her hover droid had returned from it's task. The Healer turned to look and couldn't help the laugh that escaped as she took in the scene. It seemed that since Flitter could not carry the items she had requested on it's own, the droid had acquired some assistance in the way of another hover droid. It was obvious that this 'helper' was an older model, one that was having trouble with it's repulsors, probably the reason her droid was 'bossing it about'. Flitter had been trying to keep the same height as the other so as not to drop their burden but the parcel dipped precariously all the same. Inwardly Skye winced, hoping that they got the items inside the ship without mishap. At least what she had gotten Flitter to get was not breakable. The Healer watched as both droids made it into the ship, the older model seeming to race away as quickly as it could soon after, a string of it's own comments floating back towards the direction Flitter had taken.

Turning back towards her companions, Skye composed herself, though with humour she confided, "I'm sure Flitter will tell me all about that when I go inside"

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Dahar was pleased to see that Adenna could sense him.

"Hello Adenna, how are you? I did do some traveling of sorts." Dahar mulled over the places he had been since their departure. "But I am back now. Would you like to continue your training with me?"

Adenna smiled broadly at seeing Dahar back and well. When he made his offer to renew her training, she had to pause. Her mind went over what Tares had said about her and following her own path to being a Jedi. She knew he was a gifted teacher, but she wasn't sure about going to Corellia and didn't know if that was in her path. When she had first come here, she had been a complete stranger and hadn't known anyone or anything. Dahar had seen that and was kind in helping her make the first cracks in her shell. She was far from being free from it, but he had helped her start and had taught her the first real things about the Force that she had learned.

She considered and debated. Going to Corellia was a big step, and she was not ready for it. She felt that Tares was pushing too much too quickly. That was fine for someone like Sebastian who was strong and knew his way around the Galaxy or someone like Holden who was eager and too young to let the dangers or fear of the unknown hold him back. She wasn't like that, she had seen the horrors of the Galaxy firsthand but wasn't able to defend herself yet. She needed a patient, slow hand and she wasn't too blind to recognize that.

Dahar seemed to be more willing to do that. He seemed to take things at a slower pace instead of full steam ahead. Sure, she may not be on a fast track to Jedi of the Year by taking it slow and steady, but that was what she needed. That is what she had to have at this moment.

With a glance back at Sebastian and feeling a tiny twinge of sympathy for him, she looked back and said confidently, "Yes, I would appreciate being your Padawan again."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kitt found himself standing as he watched both Tirius and Roene leave after finishing their trials. It wasn't that he missed them, as he knew that through the Force, all things were connected, but he lingered for other reasons that he couldn't explain at the moment. He wasn't sure if it was the Force whispering to him, or if it was simply just tiredness taking over his body. A moment or two passed before he even realized that Aidan was still in the room with him. He turned and smiled at the boy.

"As for you, I think we need to fix this alone thing..."

"You learned basic." Rep stated, he was surprised that she picked it up so fast. He was now faced with the decision of what to do next, he knew that he wanted go get off of Gala and somewhere where they would be able to interact with nature. "I'm thinking that for the next part of your training we should head for Dantooine, any objections?" He asked almost rhetorically but if there was a strong reason to not leave he had a few other locations planned out.

repsisig.png

"Good, good," replied the Jedi Knight. "A Jedi never stops growing."

Dahar looked down the hall and saw the party Adenna had previously been with. "Perhaps you should bid farewell to your friends. When you are finished you will find your next lesson waiting for you in your room." Dahar smiled at his apprentice. "I will be in the courtyard when you are ready."

"Basic, is still struggle." She said, using basic once again.

She tried to speak in basic again but couldnt. Her vocal cords hurt even with that little bit. She smiled, embarresed. The Fosh whistled and cooed to the droid still around her waist.

"You lead, I will follow." Trushaun continued, "Never heard of Dan--tooine." She struggled with the name of the planet.

(Sorry...shot and sweet....nothing much to work with or say really. lol.)

Trushauncopy3.png

Mathis gave a slight bow of the head to Darex and Darla as Skye introduced the pair.

"I'm just relieved that you were around to pick up my slack. I'm sure Ish was glad to be able to work alongside you, Darex."

The conversation was interrupted by the return of the two droids. Mathis watched them carry their package to the ship in a bemused silence, the corner of his mouth pricking up in a small smile. Once the package had been delivered, Skye and Mathis turned back towards the group.

"And I'm sure it'll be an interesting enough story. Where in the universe are you heading off to next?"

mathis-1.jpg