Borleias

Tarrian Skywalker

((w00t! Happy 600th post!))

Armiena arrived at one of the Dojo's training rooms, and dropped the crate of training supplies off to the side of the room, away from the sparring mats. With a tiny motion of her fingers, she undid the mechanical locks that protected the crate from break-ins by curious apprentices. She released four of her seeker drones, and began practicing. They grouped together at the other end of the training mats, in a loose line formation.

She began by throwing herself all over the room, evading stinger fire without making any effort to counterattack. Occasionally, she was hit by a lucky shot from one of the drones, but she decided against using the Force to absorb or deflect the energy. Maintaining concentration while in pain was a necessary skill, one that she knew she would need.

After she started to work up a healthy sweat, she decided against exchanging blaster fire with the drones. On their lowest setting, her blaster pistol were unlikely to cause any serious damage to the seeker drones, but she wanted to keep them in prime condition--she was only borrowing the equipment from the Jedi, after all, and she wanted to make it last. After all, one didn't forget how to fire a blaster.

With a shrug, she allowed another two to clear their crate, and she Levitated the double-bladed lightsaber from the crate of training equipment into her hands. She activated it, and a green blade sprang to life... from both its ends.

Ever since she had learned of the double-bladed lightsaber (or lightstaff, as some called it), she had a great urge to try practicing with one. Dueling with a double-blade required great agility and almost constant training... but Armiena felt up to the challenge of wielding it.

Fighting with a double-bladed lightsaber pushed Armiena to her limits, and she quickly started sweating profusely from the exercise. Fighting with the double-blade wasn't so much as dueling as it was... dancing. It was almost like she was locked into a dance of death, relying as much on her agility as her arms to swing the blade.

It was an interesting fight, to say the least. She spun all over the training mats, twisting out of the direction of stingers and bringing her two blades into line to intercept others. As she advanced towards the seeker drones, twirling the double-blade in a windmill that deflected a number of shots, the spherical droids danced just out of reach.

Armiena sighed, and pulled the seeker drones into the reach of her blades. With a few brutally quick movements, the twin blades struck each of the drones, shutting them down.

Satisfied with the short duel, Armiena reactivated the seeker drones and began again, this time following more defensive tactics.

By the time that the exertion tired Armiena, she could see why a skilled double-blade wielding Force User was a feared enemy. The fighting style that a lightstaff afforded was incredibly powerful, though being in top physical condition was a requisite for its use. Apparently, she had gotten a bit rusty.

Armiena glanced at her own lightsaber, the one she had built herself, from ground up. She had absolutely no desire to scrap it, to take it apart and cannibalize its parts to build another weapon... perhaps she'd be able to pay another visit to Ilum, gather a few more crystals and build herself another lightsaber. She could attach an ordinary magna-lock to the lightsabers, which would allow her to lock them together to form a double-blade.

Armiena shrugged as she secured the drones in their crate; she'd think about it later.

((EDITED: I've no desire to make a double-post.))

Armiena silently hunched over the crate of training supplies, and hauled it aboard her ship. When done, she exited the ship, and simply admired her ship's graceful, signature Mon Cal curves.

She felt... anxious, eager to get moving again. She had already fulfilled her purpose in returning to Borleias: returning the two snubfighters she had borrowed to the Jedi. There wasn't anything else that Armiena could accomplish by staying here.

Satisfied hooting jarred Armiena out of her thoughts. R5-D9 trundled over to her, taking no notice of her tired, pensive state. Apparently, his long-overdue, well-deserved maintenance was complete. Armiena looked over and smiled. The astromech was as eager to move on as she was.

"Good to hear. Listen, there's nothing more we can complete here. Prep the Angel for take-off; I'll join you when I've showered off."

Droid and Jedi parted ways again. Approximately half an hour later, the jet-black Avenging Angel took off from the Dojo. It didn't enter hyperspace, as the pilot was apparently trying to decide what course she would take.

"Alright, Dine, make up my mind for me. Generate a random digit: 0-4 means we head for Ilum; 5-9, we head for Coruscant." Neither were planets Armiena liked in particular, but both were planets Armiena could accomplish some business on.

Two minutes later, her ship disappeared into hyperspace.

drayyy.png

Orrick watched from behind Leo as Mara regained consciousness and the Stovachi family was reunited at last. His work for the day was complete, and he wanted the family to have their time alone. Orrick quietly turned and descended the elevator. The warm summer sun immediately washed over, and instantly breathed into him a rejuvinating energy. He felt at peace...

Wishing for a moment of solitude, Orrick dissapeared into the Dojo. He retreated into one of the gardens and moved to the central dais that gave the rock garden its name. He hopped to the top, and adopted a meditative posture- sitting down in the middle with a relaxed back and shoulders. The Stovachi family was together again, but what of Orrick the Lost?

Post Number 168...

Orrick.jpg

I survived SANITY'S END, November 04

I survived the crash of '04

Proud member of the Yo Mama Movement

Mara watched over Leo's shoulder as Orrick walked away. Tristan had all but disappeared, and she needed to continue her training.

"What am I going to do about my training?"

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

"It seems Master Tristin has disappeared, and the Jedi have fallen from their position of glory. But Orrick and myself will train you the best way I can. I will let Orrick do most of the teaching. My care for you would keep you from training you hard as you should be."

Leo stands helping Mara to her feet, and embracing her in a tight hug.

"How does that sound, my love?"

asdfgcopy.jpg

ooc: Through discussion with Orrick, we will be taking off. If Orrick is only going to die off, then he is not with us. But if he is not going to die off, then you are with us.

ic:

"I think we should be leaving this place. This place is known by enemys of the Jedi, which would then be our enemys."

Leo helps Mara rise to her feet, without having to let go of Nathan. Leo wraps his arm around his wife as they head aboard the StarSword. Within minutes the ship is blasting off intp hyperspace.

asdfgcopy.jpg

Tired of Nahstaa's time-wasting, Avararda finally got fed up and left. Seemed like Nahstaa was asleep on his feet. Later Nahstaa. May the Force be with you, he Force-messaged.

Force-pulsing his way back, Var met up with his apprentice, Trigea. "Trig, I'd like if you followed me for a bit. We'll have to postpone your training for- wait. No we don't. Here's what I want you to do. We are going to this planet. I want you to follow me. Don't try to do it by normal means, I want you to use your intuition. Use your instincts. I'll fill you in more when we get there." He smiled at his apprentice. "I have faith in you. Until we meet again.." Var left for his own ship and headed for space.

((OOC: Trigea, head for Tammuz-An. Just post something in space about using your instinct. Remember, you can't quite use the force yet...))

Trig listened to Avararda as he spoke: "I shall go out to space and meet you at Tammuz-An". Trigea headed to his ship, but all of a sudden he wondered how to get to Tammuz-An. But then Trigea remembered what Avararda told him," Use your intuition, use your instincts. Trigea continued his path to his ship. He typed in the security code on the panel outside his ship. The ramp lowered and it closed behind Trigea. He typed in the coordinates on the panel, which was located in the cock-pit . The Jets whirred to life as Trigea prepared to take off. Whoosh the ship blasted to the exit

((Since I'm sorta bored not doing anything anyway))

Darsha looked up. "Usually the master is the one that asks. We seldom see such...initiative... on the students part."

She came out of the shadow she was standing in. "How would you like to be my padawan?"

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

((Try to put your actions in sentences -- like 'he looked down in shame while following her' instead of using the *s))

"There's nothing to be ashamed of, Yuusou. It's a good thingto turn from the dark. You may just call me Darsha. Forget about the prefix 'Master' if you're not comfortable with it," Darsha said as kindly as she could.

"Now... do you have your own ship?"

At Yuusou's nod she said, "Then see you at Tempay. Force be with you till then."

Darsha got into Nameless and blasted off for Tempay.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

From his meditative seat atop the cool stone dais, Orrick watched the Starsword bearing Mara, Leo, the infant Nathaniel, and his own droid Silver take off. It sought safe have, not only from the Sith, but most likely from the Jedi as well. Through the Force, he wished them the best of luck and the blessings of the Force. His path was now seperate from theirs, and it was a path he would have to walk alone...

Still seated, he withdrew his two saber hilts from their spots on his belt. They still had the clean brun marks from his skirmish on Naboo. He had liked the breakout from his normal lightstaff style of fighting, but he still appreciated the double-bladed form. As his mind roamed, his hands played across the hilts. He was reforming the ends- making them compatable again. Soon it was that they could be connected together or taken apart, allowing to fight each individual duel with complete freedom.

It was not on his sabers, however, that his mind lingered. It was in the galaxy abroad that his second sight wandered. Something tugged at his very heart and soul, and made him weary. He foresaw that something terrible and great was to happen. An unexpected shadow would fall. This was his path... his responsibility against the tides of darkness. It would be Orrick the Lost that would stand alone...

For now, he was to prepare.

Post Number 168...

Orrick.jpg

I survived SANITY'S END, November 04

I survived the crash of '04

Proud member of the Yo Mama Movement

• 2 weeks later...

Piloting his ship through the dark space, Avararda Dinn came through the atmosphere with quite the show. He bobbed left and right, doing the occaisional backflip and barrel rolls. He just remembered his sister, Shye Satya, was waiting for him on the planet. It'd been a few months since he'd seen her.

In that time, he'd been kidnapped, betrayed, blinded, and killed. He had so much to tell her.

After entering the planet, Avararda sent out a wave of the Force. He didn't sense anything, which worried him. His sister was quite profficient in the Force, and he should've felt her via it.

A look of dismay on his face sat on his face as he gently set down the ship. It rumbled with a slight bump. Once it was down, Avararda sent out the exit ramp, and followed soon after.

Sending out another wave of the Force, he tried to detect his sister's Force feeling. Nothing. Slowly walking around the ruins of the Temple, Avararda moved a few rocks with the Force. After a certain rock, however, he detected something. Although he was blind and could not see, Var could still tell what it was. Shye was lying down, not doing anything at all. The Force told him what he feared most. She lay dead, killed in the attack in which he'd been taken hostage.

A small tear came to his eyes. I.. I hate them. They will die, he thought. Looking down again, hoping that his sister would come alive. She didn't. His thoughts ran rampant through his head. They were a mixture of hatred, and Jedi training. They were canceling each other out, although it seemed like the hatred was slowly consuming his Jedi training.

Avararda's breathing became steadily faster, and his fists clenched in anger. His last tear shed, and then all of his anger flowed.

Var's Sith-ness had returned.

Without even realizing it, Var flung his lightsaber out. It was ignited immediatly. He swung at nothing, and everything at the same time. The lightsaber's green glow shone over the rocks he sliced. He stabbed it into the ground. He threw it into the air, not caring where it landed. Var never retrieved it; instead, he began pounding on the rocks with his bare fists. Blood began to steadily flow from his redening hands. Pain was oblivious to him, as he was lost in his dance of anger. Avararda didn't care who was watching. All he wanted was revenge for his sister.

Durandal Shei popped his head out from behind a rock. he had the look of fear and curiousity in his eyes. the metalic box he carried with him was full of minerals and debris from the ruins. Seeing the glowing lightsaber at his feet only pushed him over the edge. he slowly tried to creep around avararda. but unwillingly steps on a pile of dry twigs and leaves. crunch. "Oh no" he thought to himself as he slowly rached into his belt for a wrench. Stupidly thinking he could disarm an angry force weilder with a polished wrench.

Durandal grew up on corouscant. not far from the jedi temple's ruins. he had heard tales of jedi and sith wars and was secretly always wanting to meet one first hand. but not like this. his father worked in a weapon depot manufactoring some of the finest weaponry on the planet. or atleast thats what his ego made him think. he had always told durandal never to ask quiestions about the jedi. afraid his son would succumb to the force and leave him to run a buisness on his own.

he has been sent to borealis to collect debris and minerals and plant life for examination.

this is the farthest thing away from what he expected he'd find.

drobotsig.jpg

Avararda heard the twisting crack, but he'd already been aware of the young one anyway; the Force was a powerful thing indeed.

Twisting his body and thrusting out his hand, Var called the lightsaber to his outstreached fingers. Once the cold metal touched his hand, he flipped his body to the young intruder. Var swung his lightsaber at the child's neck.

What would have been a fatal blow was stopped mere inches from the boy's flesh. His surprise was shown, and Var immedietly switched the saber off. His anger had been diminished. The truth was shown. His sister was dead. The young one deserved none of his anger.

After his breathing had calmed, and he'd settled the young one, Var returned to the Force. It flowed back into him like an uncontrolled river. Var asked it to forgive him for his unnatural acting. It seemed to atone him, for he felt it flush back into his system.

Using the Force, Avararda looked the boy over; Brown hair and brown eyes, just like Var. As soon as Var finished looking him over, the Force felt like an unleashed tsunami, a torrent of energy washing over him. He'd felt it before, when his master had chosen him as his apprentice. It felt oddly familiar, like it'd happened a million times before, but it hadn't. Var decided to check this child over. He could prove to be very interesting if Var thoughts were correct about him.

"Sorry about that. My sister...." He pointed to the limp, cold body lying in the ruins.

Durandal gulped as the blade nearly cut his throat.

but then a wash of relief came over him as it was put away.

part of him wanted to have his head lobbed off. just to be killed by such an advanced weapon.

"Your. si.. oh..."

"I'm so sorry sir.."

"Please dont let my intrusion become any reason for such hasty action.. I'm very sorry to intrude on such a sad moment.."

He put his wrench back im his belt and extended his hand in a childlike yet chivilrous manner.

"I'm Durandal." he said with a frightened smile.

drobotsig.jpg

Avararda smiled as Durandal shook his hand. Var put his lightsaber away, as to not scare him.

"Nice to meet you Durandal. My name is Avararda Dinn, Jedi Knight. You may call me Var, as it seems no one can pronounce my full name." He gave a short laugh, despite his situation.

Although he was sad, it didn't mean everyone else had too. Var felt the Force-wave again as he pinged, sending Force-waves everywhere, trying to see where he was going. He felt a bench to his right, and began walking that way. He motioned for Durandal to do the same.

"I noticed your on the Planet of the Jedi. This means one of two things: Your lost, or you'd like to become a Jedi. I ALSO noticed that you have quite a midichlorian level. Do you realize this?" At that moment, they reached the benches, and he reached out, trying to feel the stone bench.

He notices that var does not look at him when he speaks. much like a blind man would.

"Midiclo..wha?"

"Never heard of such a thing.."

He gave an arrogant but friendly scoff.

"Home of the Jedi eh?"

"All I know is this place has perfect soil that can make machine parts once melted and cast.. But I dont think I have ever heard it called home of the jedi"

"And besides.. I'm no Jedi.."

He gave a small laugh.

drobotsig.jpg

Again, Var laughed.

"Midichlorians. They are everything. They live in you, this soil you are going to cast, and the bench I cannot find." Finally he gave up and Force-pinged again. It was then he found the bench. Sitting down, Var continued.

"You have reason to think your not a Jedi? I beg to differ. I have sensed a great force in you." And it was true. It was unmolded, like a piece of clay. Untouched, it would remain nothing, just a lump of mass. Shape it, and put time and effort into it, and it would be created into something amazing.

"The life of a Jedi is hard. Many deaths occur within the Jedi Order. Even more Jedi fall to the Dark Side. Do you know of the Dark Side?" Without revealing it, Var was testing the boy.

"Light and dark.. yeah yeah yeah." The same playful arrogance in his tone.

"I'm kidding actualy.. I've never heard of such a thing.."

"Wow I must be very set back on jedi history."

"Would you like to know a secret?"

"It's always been a dream of mine to become a Jedi." He said it in a sad way. Very monotone.

"I hear that training stops at a young age."

"So I gave up on that dream.. It kills me sometimes. My father hates the order because he thinks you solve nothing. I've heard the stories. Great warriors. Cunning leaders. what lies he must tell me"

An anger now flowed through him. though he knew not that it was of the dark side of the force.

drobotsig.jpg

Var felt a slight incline in his hatred level.

Trying to veer away from the family talk, Var said "Not many know of the Jedi ways. It is very simple to misinterpret them. We Jedi are peacekeepers."

"As for the Light and Dark. There is always an opposite of something. Warm and cold. High and low. Light and Dark. The Light side of the Force is the warm, the high. We are the balance in this galaxy. If the Dark ruled, everything would be cold, and low. There would be no 'fair' or 'right.' We would all be destroyed, and forced to be slaves, or worse. It is far easier to follow the path of Dark. If you do, there is no turning back. Once your There, your gone." Var looked into the Durandal's eyes. They were gleaming with interest. Gone, was the child-like tone. All that remained was his thoughts.

Easy as it was, Avararda refrained from reading Durandal's mind. He smiled instead, thinking of his own younger days.

"It's always been a dream of mine to become a Jedi," the young one said. Var noticed that he was serious. It was a good start, not joking about the Jedi Order. "I hear that training stops at a young age," he continued. Var shifted his sightless eyes to Durandal.

"The way of a Jedi has no boundaries. It will accept anyone willing to share their love of what is right." Var's pale, milky, unblinking, gaze met Durandal's opposite gaze. They met visions, Var sending what he was experiencing to Durandal. For a second, all he saw was peace and righteousness. Then it was gone.

"If this is what you wish to have, then say it. If you wish to learn the ways of the Jedi, say so."