Borleias

Tarrian Skywalker

Admiral Black's assessment of the situation had been interesting, to say the least, but Forn still had questions. Since her last memories had been those of the first part of the Battle of Sullust, she knew not of Sanity's End or what had been contained therein. She did, of course, know about SEED and their organization, having done battle with some of their forces. After mulling over what Black had told her, she began to think of questions to ask, and started rattling them off one by one.

"What is the current disposition of the fleet? Where do we stand as far as planetary holdings? What is our current standing in relation to the Black Sun and Hutt fleets? What is the known disposition of the Imperial fleet? What state are the Jedi in? What is going on with new construction of ships and defenses?"

For the sake of conveniance, she was writing these questions down, in case the information was not available for the Admiral right away. And, of course, once this meeting was done, she would venture forth to do her own research.

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

"The Emperor has made a critical error, and the time for our

attack has come..." Mon Mothma, Return of the Jedi

Black smiled frankly glancing up as he gathered a few datapads and shoved them across the desk in Forns direction.

As she punched in a few commands Black brought up a hologram from the projector on his desk. It showed modified defender class Star Destroyer with Calamarian design. He would unvail it to her when she looked up from her holopad.

With a small sigh Black began. "The fleet is currently at five ships, three MC90a's surviving from the Battle at Sanities End--which was the moon base of SEED--which are in repair, my flagship, and this new ship I've decided to give to you."

From his own holopad he transfered the schematics of the small but extrememly powerful ship to Forns. The ship was a work of art in the way the Calamarians had dealt with it. Truely it was a monument to their expertise in shipmaking and adaptability.

"I have three more ships on the way as well. They are marketly large than our MC90a's and more powerful." Black relished the prospect of a full fleet at his command. He transfered the numbers of those three ships also to Forns holopad with a small click of his pen.

"As far as I'm concerned we have about seven planets in holding. Gala, Cardia, Mon Calamari, Byss, Selvaris, and Hypori. The later two are undiscovered by anyone but the alliance. We need to appropriate some ships for them as soon as possible, but without straining our fleet." Black pointed to the hologram of the redish planet Sullust as he spoke.

Another sigh followed as rage built up in the admirals eyes. Not that of the rage seen at the battle with Sanities End, but what remained of it. "The Black Sun have betrayed us and attacked Gala. With the skeleton crew there, and the trap that I laid they were routed at heavy cost."

However the Hutts, even though they were strained stuck by us, to my surprise if I might add." Black smiled as he mentioned the Hutts, "I personally intend on thanking Whyl myself for the gracious use of his ships and personel along with his loyalty."

"All I can say of the Imperial Fleet is that they are back to almost full strength. They pulled into the system as Sanities End began to go terminal, and they had amassed a large fleet once again." Blacked punched up some statistics and sent them over to the holopad that Forn was gazing on. They showed the strategic advantage each Rebel ship had over an Imperial Star Destroyer. "I still however have confidence in our fleet superiority once we match up our number of ships to theirs."

The Admiral leaned back from his desk and relinquished his hold on the datapad. "Any other questions should be answered in those extra holopads I've given you. I'm going to give newly promoted Vice-Admiral Sunrider the same information, and if you two come up with any other ideas let me know."

AdBlack.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

"Never tell me the odds!"

Onderin smiled at Kirana's trick, realizing that the first time he had tried a mind trick it was in far more dire situations. He had choosen a mind trick over fighting, way back on Ilum...

He was brought out of his thoughts at Kira's comlink beep. He followed her to the hangars, where he boarded his E-wing, telling his squadron to stay put for a while until they were needed. He was amused to see that some of them had already hit the flight sims.

Landing on the Galan's Pride beside his padawan's ship, the Jedi Knight left his E-wing and followed Kirana to Renn Hamis' room. He waited outside the room patiently, waiting until he was either needed or until the Vice Admiral came out finished.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

As Admiral Black continued to brief her, answering her questions to the best of his ability, Forn gradually began to remember more of what she had known before her death, including several things that Black had not mentioned. It was not easy to come to grips with this new turn of events; though she was once more in a position to finish her life's work, Forn couldn't help but wonder if it was better, or at least more natural, that she had remained dead. But whatever her personal feelings may be, she owed it to herself and the people who relied on her to do the duty she had proven herself capable of.

Black was right, the Defender-class Star Destroyer was indeed a work of art; though the design was not Mon Calamarian in origin, they had done a brilliant job of putting their own distinctive touches into the vessel's design. As she gazed into the holoimage of the ship, she mulled over a name. "I shall call her the Solemn Vow," she stated in a low, almost reverent, voice. "I thank you, Jack, for all that you have done for me. I will do my best to continue the fight through the trials that lay ahead. And I do understand what you had to do, and I hold nothing against you in this regard." With a heavy sigh, the Vice-Admiral stood up, and strode quietly to the door. "I feel that there are things that I must do to get reacquinted with my post, Admiral. May the Force be with us all."

As Vice-Admiral Dodonna strode once again down the corridors of the Star Defender, she began to put together new ideas for the coming war. The base at Selvaris was a new one, but she had known about Hypori, though she herself had never been there. Byss was the site of her first victory, and she remembered working with the native population to raise a self-defense force there. Cardia, a former Imperial stronghold, had been the first true test of her skills as a leader; the battle had been a bloody one, but the triumph she had earned there had been a heavy blow for the Empire, costing them a great number of ships and men. Sullust, of course, had been a near-disaster, and from what Black had told her, that was where she had been captured and delivered to SEED headquarters.

But there, too, a self-defense force had been set up by the native Sullustans, and what was more, the factories of their SorroSuub corporation were perfectly capable of creating heavy space-based defense systems. But the worlds of Cardia and Byss had to be reinforced, or the Empire could easily retake them without much of a fight. This would be her priority, and she had to begin right away. But as she pondered this, still wandering the halls of the Galan's Pride, her thoughts turned back to the world of Gala, the only Alliance base she had ever truly known, and indeed considered her home. The Black Sun fleet had betrayed them there, but they had been thrown back; she couldn't help but think that if only she had been there...the traitorous gang of criminals wouldn't have had a fleet left. There were things she could have used...Skipjack Wing needed to be reformed, and the Scimitars needed to be picked up and moved to a secure location. She had to retrain herself in the art of command, and she had to sort out her new flagship.

Much needed to be done, but as Forn walked absentmindedly alongside a viewport, she did a double-take. There, out in space, shining as bright as a highly-polished topaz, stood the world of Borleias -- her homeworld! It was like a dream come true, she had come home at last, and she was alive! As she stared out of the large transparisteel window, the face of Vice-Admiral Forn Dodonna lit up in the first true smile she had displayed in three whole years.

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

BC looked onto Keiran. The Jedi was indeed strong in the force and he had earned his respect.

Yes, a trial, your final trial... You are to assemble a small task force and investigate the whereabouts of Andon Colos, Orrick and the other Jedi captured by SEED. I know they are held by SEED, but as their homeworld is now destroyed I am unsure of their whereabouts. Investigate and ready the task force to rescue them. I will acconmpany you, but this is your mission and yours to lead. Do you understand the terms?

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

Ara's face turned into a wry smile.

"Perhaps we should call up Gantoris and ask him personally? Unless he doesn't have a comm..." She frowned. "Or unless I've been thrown out of the order again." Ara looked at Kirlocca questioningly. "I haven't been, have I?"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Keiran nodded

"I understand this task completely, now if you excuse me, I will go and organize a task force quickly. I will return to you when my strike force is ready so we can depart."

Keiran bowed and walked away.

"Alright... SEED has a full battle fleet in their arsenal, but taking a full battle fleet ourselves would be pointless in a stealthy rescue mission. However a large ship will be needed incase things get ugly..."

Keiran went to Admiral Black's office and bowed before the leader of the rebellion, Keiran then began.

"Admiral, I am in charge of a jedi strike force which is tasked with rescuing some of our jedi comrades from the clutches of SEED. Since SEED has a full battle fleet in their arsenal, I was wondering if I could borrow a Star Destroyer or Mon Calamari cruiser as a back-up weapon in case things get very very ugly."

siggggy5ko.jpg

It had been nearly an hour before Forn could tear herself away from the view-port through which she had been staring down at her home. It had been so long, and she had been through so much, and yet, here they both were, reunited. In truth, she didn't expect the world below to be the same as when she had left, and that didn't matter, really; what mattered was that the Rebellion was here, the Jedi were here, the world was here, and she...was here. Business called, however, and Forn had already spent enough time cementing herself back into the fabric of reality. Work needed to be done, and no one was in a better position to do it then she was.

With a steady and confident stride, the Vice-Admiral made her way to the nearest shuttle bay on the Galan's Pride, to make the transit to her new flagship, the Solemn Vow. The shuttle ride proved to be uneventful, save for the constant calls down to the Alliance controllers to prevent incursions into the planetary minefield. As the pilot, a female Bothan, continued on her course to the new ship, Forn couldn't help but marvel at the defences in orbit. The mines would surely disrupt any attacking fleet, creating an opening for the forces gathered here to wipe them from space. And yet --

"Oh, my goodness!"

It was rare for Forn Dodonna to be astounded by something. She had long grown used to seeing new and extraordinary things, but this was a topper. The holoimage didn't do the Solemn Vow justice; though she was less then three-quarters the size of the standard Imperial capital ship, she would easily prove to be the better fighter, but more then that, she was simply beautiful! Never in her life had she seen such a ship, as deadly as she was graceful; this suited Forn quite well, because she had often been considered attractive by her colleagues when she had risen through the ranks. But as the shuttlecraft loomed ever closer to the star destroyer, Forn determinedly regained her composure, which was no easy task. By the time the craft touched down and it was time to disembark, Vice-Admiral Dodonna was back to her old self.

The command bridge proved to be equally beautiful, but in its simplicity rather then for its artful appointments. Wide and spacious, the deck had ample space for bodyguards to stand without being seen, as well as providing defencive cover in case of boarding. The front wiewports were wide, and offered a panoramic view of the space around Borleias, and large viewscreens set in the middle trio of windows, offering views of the ship's flanks and rears. Far beyond the needs of just this one vessel, the command deck was fitted out to serve as the Alliance's command ship, in cases where the Galan's Pride was elsewhere or otherwise unavailable. Communications, sensors, fire-control, helm, and everything one would expect had been based on cutting-edge technology and top-of-the-line, tamper-proof computer processors immune to nanite interference and control.

But at this point, there was little work that needed to be done here. Calls had to be made, new equipment had to be obtained, and things had to be addressed on other worlds. After excusing herself from her vessel's bridge, Forn made the short trip below and aft to her own personal quarters, right next to the wardroom. The space was not vast, as she was used to, but it had been appointed well, and included any comforts that she might need in the course of her duties: a refresher unit, a food synthesiser, a comfortable bed, and even a mini-HoloNet receiver set. But what was currently being broadcast made Forn scowl fiercely -- whoever this Lord Ar-Pharazon was, would be getting an angry note delivered to him, most likely at the point of a blaster. After switching the rather offencive program off, Forn set up her bugproofer and began to send out a series of highly-encrypted and untraceable communiques.

Once she was sure everything had been taken care of that needed addressing at that point, Forn reentered the bridge.

"Helm, set a course away from the gravity well. Ops, recall all starfighters. ((all 72 of them)) Navcom, plot a course for Gala. Comms, hail one of the larger transports, have them stand by to follow us there. Let's move it, people!"

After fifteen minutes of efficient piloting, the Solemn Vow's compliment of starfighters were recovered into the hangers, and a large transport vessel, freed of all cargo, was soon flying alongside, preparing to jump into hyperspace as soon as the command was given.

"Engage!"

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

When his visitor spoke to him, Renn jolted awake. He was pleased to know that his ship had survived the battle of... wherever the battle was.

"Thanks, I 'preciate it," he said groggily.

He took a few seconds for his body to become alert and his eyes to adjust to the lighting. He didn't think he had been asleep for long. He sat up on his cot to face his visitor, and winced inwardly when the woman asked her question--he did not like talking about his past. Still, it wasn't as though he had a choice in a situation like this.

Renn thought carefully, and brushed sleepsand out of his eyes. He knew who Han Solo was (what Corellian didn't? he thought), and had a fairly good opinion of his actions, though he didn't consider himself as following in his footsteps. "Actually, no, I don't think I'm emulating Solo." Renn thought quickly. "Solo, although a decent man, didn't really want to be in the Rebellion. He was just looking after his own hide--he didn't know what he was getting into."

He plunged on, barely noticing that visitor's Vice-Admiral insignia--he wasn't quite awake to process tiny details like her uniform. "I know what I'm getting into. I know I'm as likely to die than see the end of this civil war." He paused, and drew a deep, shuddering breath. "But... you already know this, but I've done quite a few things in my life that no man should be proud of. And, well, they're really starting to weigh heavily on my conscience.

"I just want to make a new beginning for myself. If and when I die, I just want to die peacefully, knowing that I've at least tried to become an honorable man." He blinked once, full awareness finally flooding into his nerves, and suddenly realized that he was speaking to a very high-ranking member of the Rebellion, though he didn't recognize the design on her rank patch.

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

Black addressed the man in a couteous manor as he did any and all Jedi. Unfortunately he could not relinquish one of the three freshly repaired Calamari cruisers, and Forn had taken it upon herself to go to Gala to assess the situation.

The Galans Pride was much to large to go unnoticed, and a few more arrivals were currently on their way to the rebel fleet. An alternate mode of transportation was needed. One befitting the jedi standards of defense not attack.

"Come walk with me Hale," Black said as he rose from his seat. A wink from Black to his personal guards assured them that the Jedi and he would be safe enough without guard protection. The guards remained steadfast in the office.

Black patting the Jedi on the back lead him down the hallway to an elevator shaft. Eventually after a few more elevator shafts and a tram rides later the pair entered a large hangar. In front of them stood three cargo ships courtesy of KVC enterprises. The markings rinsed clean, they had proper clearance codes for Coruscant, but could not be distinguished from any other cargo ship because of their bland appearance. Extra armor plating was also another small treat that they had.

"Take one of these, they're very unassuming, and have ample room for any supplies or extra personel you need. You won't be attacked in this."

Black walks closer to the hull and rubs it back and forth as he looks back at the jedi waiting for his approval.

--------------

A small transmission alerted Black to a new arrival for the fleet. One of the mediator class cruisers he'd ordered. This was to be vice admiral Sunriders. Black smiled as a small image of the ship formed into a hologram eminating from his holopad. His hand danced across the keypad as he sent the message to the vice-admiral. She would indeed be surprised to have a ship of this size and power at her command. She knew her assignment already, and would be more than happy to tend to it with the magnificent ship.

AdBlack.jpg

Kira regarded Renn carefully for a moment before consulting her datapad. Opening herself back to the Force she sensed Onderin outside she decided to be alittle cagey in her dealings with Renn. She stretched out with the Force, under the guise of consulting the datapad and tested him to see if he was genuine or not.

As he had just woken she managed to slip through his natural shielding, that and the fact that she'd had Jedi training still remained relatively unknown so he wouldn't be on guard against her. She didn't sense any threat from him and removed her mind probe, tapping the datapad in front of her.

"Looks like you're on the level and there just happens to be an opening under Vice-Admiral Dodonna's command. She's currently at Gala so you can head on over there and report to her. Your gear and ship will be returned to you and you can go. Welcome to the Rebellion Hamis. May the Force be With You."

She leant over and shook his hand before leaving the room, nodding to the guards and informing them to return his gear and give him escort back to his ship.

Her comm beeped and she checked it, smiling with anticipation as she heard about her new command ship. She headed back to the hanger, signalling for Onderin to follow and took her fighter over to the Freedom's Reprieve A beautifully designed Mon Calamarian Cruiser.

She was met by an honour guard and escorted to the bridge. Looking around she was impressed by the workmanship that had gone into it, a smile firmly fixed to her face.

Reaching the bridge she had the Freedom's Reprieve formally handed over to her and Kira gave her first orders. All of her troops were to be transferred over and they were to prepare to depart.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Keiran shook his head

"Unfortunately, this won't be sufficient, I was looking for a ship that could equal a Star Destroyer in head to head combat since that is the staple ship for most large fleets these days, which SEED is in possesion of. I do not need a ship for transportation, I need one for combat. If you do not have such a ship available, I will make do without one, but it will be a great asset to my mission."

siggggy5ko.jpg

The mercenary's guards had indeed been down. Onderin smiled as Kirana slipped into his mind with the Force and secured the information she needed. She was learning extremely well.

He followed her in his E-wing over to the awesome Star Cruiser called the Freedom's Reprieve. It was beautiful, especially for a ship of war. He remembered reading once back on Corellia growing up about how the Mon Calamari were peaceful, but when they were attacked by the Empire, they converted their passenger liners into war ships.

These warships were amazing to behold, 1,200 meters in length and bristling with weapons that rivaled those of and Imperial Star Destroyer, a slightly more powerful opponent in most cases despite the Star Cruiser's dozens of backup sheild generators.

The Jedi Knight couldn't help but wonder what exactly they were about to partake in, whether it involved their campaign against the Empire and SEED or whether the Vice-Admiral had something else in mind.

Although he wanted her to have many experiences with the Force as her guide, he was a little impatient to get going to Ilum so she could build her lightsaber and finally take her trials. Then Onderin could serve her solely as a Commander and take another padawan perhaps.

His life had moved so quickly since he had become a Jedi Knight himself. He had been young and naive, but now he was confident in the Force and himself having trained another being in the Force. He was truly contributing to the galaxy, something he did not think would happen back when he was stuck on Corellia for all those years.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Renn smiled and saluted the woman as she left the room. She had a grip that many men would envy, he reflected.

To be honest, he was rather relieved that he wasn't under this woman's command. Her eyes seemed to have a rather piercing quality, as though she were looking through all of the natural barriers that living as a bounty hunter had put over his mind, gazing right into his soul. It was pretty disarming to make eye contact with her.

Renn shuddered as he stood up. That's crazy-talk, Renn. Nobody can read thoughts... except the Jedi, perhaps, and even they have their own limits, he admonished himself for his superstition. Somehow, the tunic he was wearing suddenly felt much better fitting, as though the officer's words made him feel as though he belonged in Rebel clothing.

He entered the ship's corridors, and followed his own instincts to one of the ship's hangars. And kept in a corner of the hangar, with a couple Rebel soldiers standing guard over his confiscated gear, was his ship. The cold light of the hangar gleamed off of its hull--she was more beautiful as he walked towards her than she had ever been.

"Mr. Hamis, you may take your equipment with you," the higher-ranking of the soldiers said. "Your... droid has been reactivated, and is waiting for you inside your ship. He's... rather surly, sir." Surly was probably putting it lightly. The soldier handed him a datacard. "Coordinates to Gala are on this datacard," he said unnecessarily. "You're free to leave when you wish, Mr. Hamis." Their duty completed, the two soldiers marched off somewhere in the Rebel cruiser.

As though in apology, the Rebellion had returned his gear in prime condition. His suit of armor reeked of a recent oiling, and the broken straps had been replaced. The lenses of the scopes of his two rifles had been cleaned precisely, and the weapons themselves looked like they had been given a thorough cleaning. Spent grenades, bullet magazines, and blaster power packs had been replaced, and the blade of his vibrosword glinted in Renn's eyes, all of the small bloodstains erased--apparently it had been given a long-overdue alcohol cleaning. He checked his wrist vac; it too had been reloaded. He silently gave thanks to whatever quartermaster had this anonymous duty.

Unfortunately, his droid was rather surly, he soon discovered. Not even the fact that he had been treated to a luxurious oil bath diminished his anger at having been deactivated and "left to rust for eternity, completely abandoned to the whims of entropy, 'til this metal body was reduced to a pitiful pile of ruined steel."

Renn and Puffi Maa exchanged some sharp words over the terms of their working relationship.

In the end, Puffs finally agreed that they were a team, and if Renn had become a member of the Rebellion, the same applied to the tentacled droid. As the newly-recruited Rebel put back on his armor, Puffi Maa handled the navigation. Renn entered the ship's cockpit, just in time to watch the stars elongate into hyperspace.

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

All had been transferred over and the Freedom's Reprieve was set to depart. Kira gave the order and the cruiser streaked into hyperspace, making several random jumps to their new destination... Selvaris.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

A highly-encrypted and untraceable comm arrives on Admiral Black's personal communicator, from a friend in "the business".

--highly-encrypted comm--

Dear customer:

WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!

The above statement is not a drill, Mr. Black. Our business relationship has, unfortunately, been put in serious jepardy by agents of the Black Sun criminal organization. You may remember my last communique about them, just before I was to investigate their intentions towards the Rebellion. Needless to say, they are not keen on maintaining the relationship. Your help would be appreciated in dealing with these rogues...

--end comm--

"The randomizer is the only worthy opponent in this game.

The randomizer is fate. Play against that if you want to impress me..."

-- Droma, Agents of Chaos: Hero's Trial

Black beckoned the Jedi to follow him back to the office. When the pair got to the lobby outside of his quarters, Black flicked a finger at a red plated droid idleing on the side of the room to grab a drink for the jedi. The admiral gestured towards one of the red plush chairs near the entrance to his office. "Jedi I ask that you wait in the lobby here as I quickly confer with my advisors about obtaining a ship for you. I understand your plight, and do not wish to leave you empty handed."

Leaving the Jedi behind momentarily he entered his office with a heavy heart. He was at odds with how to relinguish a much needed ship to the Jedi, when his own fleet was still in bad need of more fire power. Sitting down at his desk he dropped his head into his hands and began to massage his temples.

Almost on cue, his desk top com unit began to light up with the messages being sent in to him from around his massive flagship along with the other ships on Borleais. With a sigh he reached over and pressed a button to iniciate his messages

---------------------------

Black shifted weight from one elbow to the other as he propped his head up with his hand. A number of messages were received and screened for him each day. All of them required of themselves the "utmost urgency from the rebellion."

Some Black cared to listen to while others were traps, pleas to help with someones personal vendetta, or just someone attempting to hack into the rebel frequencies.

As Suvams message came in Black showed no sign of emotion. His plan of attack would not allow him to help out the Galactic Gunshop at this juncture in time, but soon he would be at their doorstep himself. He smiled with mild anticipation.

Looking back over his shoulder, one of his guards gave a small nod and left the room along with the others to go for their daily regimine of training. The fleet repaired and assembled, Black turned his task to finding a suitable capital ship for the Jedi.

AdBlack.jpg

A small flotila of ships, bringing with them the last bits and pieces of useful things from the now abandoned base on Gala, reenter realspace above the shining gem that was the Vice-Admiral's homeworld. Aboard the bridge of the Solemn Vow, the Vice-Admiral in command of the convoy begins to belt out orders to the rest of the vessels accompanying her.

"Ops, send word to the Golan tugs to let go their cargoes and get them set up, and to the Caravaneer to proceed on to Hypori. Comms, acknowledge our arrival with the Galan's Pride. Helm, bring us alongside the flagship, but watch out for that minefield! And someone do something with that frigate!"

The captured Nebulon-B, having been manned by a small team of Rebel techs and Marines, pulled alongside the Solemn Vow. Forn pulled a face as the useless lump of tech zoomed past; though the ship would serve their purposes eventually, she didn't have to like its presence. Fortunately, the rest of the bridge crew was too busy dealing with the congested space around Borleias to notice the Vice-Admiral's slight discomfort. The heavy transport Caravaneer, meanwhile, had proceeded on to its final destination. At Hypori, the sensitive contents of the freighter would be safe, until Forn herself could oversee their deployment. Other things stood out in her mind just then, and they had to be attended to while the officers of her flagship did what they had been trained to do.

"Number One, you have the bridge..."

As was her usual custom upon finishing her current work on the command bridge, Forn did an abrupt about-face, and strode off. She was not headed for the wardroom this time, however; instead, she was finally going home. It had been far, far too long since she had actually set foot upon the beautiful beaches and lush forests and jungles of her birthplace, and she intended to make up for lost time. There would be one notable exception, however...Renn Hamis, along with the rather surly-looking droid that strongly reminded Forn of HD-56, was to accompany her.

Forn was still not taking any chances, after all.

((OOC: Renn, relax and enjoy the sunshine for now. Interact with Forn if you'd like, but its all on you.))

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

A lone freighter emerges from hyperspace.

"This is Warren Worthington, pilot for the Rebel Alliance. I have been missing in action and have now returned."

When a man's heart is full of deceit it burns up, dies, and a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of a once great man has risen a curse, a wrong that must be righted.

((OOC: Heh.. as if I have the luxury of enjoying the sunshine. It's raining here in Northeast TX.))

As Renn retrieved his weapons, he reflected on his new position. It was almost ironic; as the aide and bodyguard of an important officer, he was generally unimportant, only a shadow that followed Dodonna's every step--provided, of course, that the Vice-Admiral wished his presence. However, in the case of emergency, he could be the primary defense against a ruinous defeat.

He turned to his droid, who was already prepared, his two blaster pistols holstered behind his body. The droid gave him a blood-red stare, waiting impatiently for him to finish preparing. Vuffi Raa was pleased that he had been invited along; being planetside would be an excellent opportunity to recalibrate his sensors, as he put it.

The pair of ex-bounty hunters left the Warwitch clad as a pair of heavily armed sentinels. Passing crewmembers gave Puffi Maa an especially wide berth in the corridors; not that the droid needed extra space to scuttle about, but that the idea of a droid armed to the teeth was absolutely disturbing to them.

Forn Dodonna knew that the Rebellion's time here would be short. Militarily speaking, it was not good for the gathered Alliance fleet to be here, away from a supporting base, and not yet fully rebuilt; it was only a matter of time before an enemy of the Rebels realized that they were here and attacked. But they were safe enough for now, or at least safe enough for Forn to take a day and get reacquainted with her past.

Once she and Renn, along with his droid, were in the shuttle and on their way down to the planet's surface, Forn sent word to Admiral Black to inform him that she would be taking a day off, and that he should do the same. Dodonna didn't like to think of Jack Black in the way that he had appeared in his last holotransmission; apprearing to be skirting the edge of exhaustion. But it was not up to her to dictate this to the Admiral; she had to trust that he knew what he was doing. In the meantime, the Vice-Admiral set a course for a section on the southern continent famous for its recreational resorts.

"Relax, Mr. Hamis," she remarked idly to her adjutant, patting him on the shoulder in a friendly sort of way. "We're taking a small breather before the fleet moves out of the system. Tell me, what sort of entertainment do you like to occupy your time with?" She flashed the man a sideways glance before returning her attention to the course of the shuttle, setting it down in front of one of Borleias's lesser-known resorts.

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

Renn glanced down at Borleias' rolling landscape as they landed in front of a local resort. It felt odd for him to not be piloting a ship he was in. He wouldn't be surprised if Puffi Maa, perched behind him, was experiencing some "programming distress" at having no control over a ship.

A resort for overworked tourists. Nothing to do but relax, enjoy the sunlight and beaches, and get dangerously drunk.

The idea of not having to do anything was almost disturbing to Renn. It seemed he was always busy; at least he was as a bounty hunter--always performing some basic maintenance on his ship or weapons (and Puffs when he got whiny about his rusting joints), or making new information contacts in various systems. And of course, business.

No demands on his time. This was something new.

"Well, to be honest, I'm a bit of a compulsive explorer. There's just something about learning about an area that I know nothing about that intrigues me." And yet this resort made every effort to keep it's visitors in--obvious business practice for the entertainment industry. He took a breath, smelling the ocean. He couldn't help but grin; he never got the chance to enjoy the beaches of Corellia as a kid.

"You're in luck, then, Mr. Hamis," Forn said offhandedly to her adjutant. "I too enjoy scouting out new areas. However, I think we should limit our wanderings to the beach -- its not that far off that way." With a wave of her hand, she indicated where a nearby stretch of shoreline was, and after grabbing her bag, she exited the shuttle, motioning for Renn and Puffi to follow her. "I don't know if your droid is waterproof, though..." Forn smiled back at the droid as she lead the trio through the grassy area alongside the resort's entrance.

The sea breeze was invigorating to the Vice-Admiral as she walked along the grass that was steadily giving way to fine white sand. There were only a few whisps of cirrus clouds in the sky, and the sunlight was shining brilliantly on the blue-green ocean. Other beings, natives almost entirely, were also enjoying the warm summer day, but Forn paid them no mind. Nor did they seem to notice her; the whole planet seemed to have forgotten the galactic civil war entirely, and the feeling seemed to be mutual. As she continued to walk towards the surging surf, Forn noticed a bank of open-air changing rooms, and began to adjust her course towards them. The weather was too hot for her Alliance uniform, and once she reached a free booth, she changed out of it and into a flattering, navy blue one-piece bathing suit.

"Ah, that's better," she sighed as she exited the changing booth. Glancing back at her companions, Forn could just see the door of another booth slamming shut behind Renn, but Puffi was standing outside it, grumbling a blue streak under its electronic breath. The droid was looking at her as if she was mad, but Forn paid it no mind as she walked off towards the water's edge.

"It is good to be home," she muttered to herself as she laid herself down on a towel, the sounds of the surf lulling her into relaxation....

((OOC: Edited because Black had to be an arse...))

Edited by Guest

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

Unable to accomodate the jedi, Black hung his head over his desk. Closing his eyes momentarily he opens them to notice his own reflection starring back at him. The clear see through desk acted almost as if it were a mirror.

Black could see the steady deterioration of his physical presence. When he returned the rebellion he was a spunky sarcastic piloting ace. There was no lie now though that he was a leader with the weight of the galaxy on his shoulders.

His head cradled in one hand, he swipes his hand up over his head pulling his shoulder length hair out of his face. It was only his outward appearance that was shown to him in the desk. It could not capture the energy he still held in his eyes. The eyes of the admiral were a viewport to his true nature. The nature of an undying warrior.

Getting up from his chair, he walked out of his office in a slow deliberate manor. Sure the jedi could sense his presence, but he still stood in the door way as the warrior did not physically acknowledge him. He observed for a moment, the movements of the bearded man. He let himself hang from the door before his forward momentum carried him towards the man.

As the Jedi looked up at him he drew a frown, "Master jedi, I appologize, but I am not able to help you in respect to a capital ship. My offer still stands with the cargo freighter. If you are indeed in trouble in whatever mission you choose, if you ever come into trouble signal the fleet and we will arrive to your aide. I bit you farewell it is time for the alliance fleet to move on, and may the force be with you."

As he made his way back into his quarters his guards had returned from their daily training regimine. Shrugging them off, he gave them some extra downtime.

Looking back over his documentations of possible scenarios for the alliance fleet, he felt that certain planets held in their grasp were defended as well as could be expected. With a com to both Vice Admirals, one to Forn to return to her ship ASAP, and one to Kirana to let her know of the fleets future whereabouts, Black dispatched an announcement to all non rebel personel.

Com----

Any Jedi who wish to come with us, we will be leaving Borleais for another base of operations, we cannot defend you from any fullscale assault, but will always be waiting if you need us.

Alliance captains, ready your ships and troops, we're moving on.

----End Com

To the rest of the rebel personel the klaxens on all alarms blaired as the call to duty was sounded. Rebel soldiers of all species ran to positions and flew to designated ships.

The mines around the planet almost as if in unnison began to radiate back towards the Galans Pride.

OOC((Any Jedi who wish to get off can head back to Borleais after this post, same goes for any jedi who wish to stay, you'll be with us))

AdBlack.jpg

Scorp gently brough his ship in on a cliff on the biggest mountain Range he could find. He knew where he was he was at a Jedi Dojo and it finally clicked in his head that he might be close to Knight hood. Scorp again locked up his X-wing and made his way to the Dojo. He was given a short tourn and some quarters and Scorp quickly checked out his new quarters. Well it was better than sleeping out side or in ships like he had been doing for quite a while now. Scorp sat on his bed and wonder what to do next. The force had brought him here that much was sure and while he was here he could get Knighted. Therefore it was logical to go find the Jedi incharge of this Dojo. Perhaps he could beocme knighted that way. Scorp quickly left his room after grabbing his Lightsaber and began to see if he could find the Jedi when he saw a few familar faces. He watched as one Jedi bow to another and then walked away. Scorp remembered the Jedi being bowed to as being in Charge of most things.

Scorp sort of just stood at the door not really wanting to bother the guy unless he had been acknowledged first.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Keiran nodded and left the admiral's office. He walked briskly to the hangar and looked out over the many arrays of ships present. He then noticed a Defender-class ship off in the corner.

"I wonder who's that is..."

Keiran approached the ship and read the words Final Flash on the ship's hull. Keiran popped open the cockpit and looked at a man whom Keiran only knew as Isolder, a blademaster. Keiran reached forward with the force and nudged the man's mind, waking up him instantly.

Keiran then spoke.

"Bladmaster, I am a Jedi Knight by the name Keiran Valoria. I understand you are a blademaster and that your kind are great warriors. I am in need of great warriors such as yourself, would you like to accompany me on a mission I have been assigned?"

siggggy5ko.jpg

Isolder grunted awake. Bleary eyed, he glanced over at the Jedi. Still half asleep, he managed to discern this Keiran needed him for some sort of mission.

"Well, as you can see, I'm not doing much else, I'm in. What exactly are we going to do?"

moon3.jpg

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good. Nightmare to you!"

"We have to investigate the kidnapping of a few jedi collegues of mine and most probably rip the organization SEED apart into tiny pieces."

Keiran pointed to a glimmering hapan starfighter sitting in the center of the hangar.

"That's my starfighter, The Strife Reborn, keep an eye on it, when I take off, follow me and we'll get going. I'm going to go find one more person to assist us."

Keiran left the blademaster's ship and reached out into the force, trying to find out who was on Borleis.

"Hmm... I sense Master Kirlocca..."

Keiran smiled and began walking towards the his old friend's location. A few minutes later, Keiran bowed before Kirlocca and smiled at his old friend.

"Hello Kirlocca, I'm here asking for your assistance. Master BC has assigned me as leader in a mission to investigate the kidnapping of a few of our fellow jedi. I'm confident that we'll have to assault SEED directly in order to get our objectives completed, so far, me, BC and the blademaster Isolder are the ones going. I was wondering whether you would like to complete the team and help us out."

Edited by Guest
siggggy5ko.jpg