The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Ish gives a quick nod and an ingratiating smile to see his friend again. His heart leaped! She had found a master....or better a master had found her. He was very happy for her. Ish diligantly went back to his sketching. He saved his current sketch and switched back to his previous first drawing of some sort of structured architecture. This was Ish's journal. There was no need for words. He could look at the picture, and remember the place and time......combined with force, he imagined he'd even be able to travel back to that place within his mind.

He decided to take a break from his sketching, and go take a long deserved rest in his quarters. Walking back he saw even a few more new Jedi hopefuls and Masters. Maybe one of these will become my master he thought to himself with delight. In any case, he knew he could wait...He had already made it this far.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

A battered Imperial Lambda-class shuttle emerges out of hyperspace near Manaan. Without sending a request to land, or anything of that nature, the battered shuttle descends through the planet's atmosphere and heads to the new Jedi Temple. After touching down, a landing ramp extends from the underside of the battered shuttle, and Hale Akturus, Jedi Knight, emerges. Akturus immediately heads to the Jedi Council's main chamber, but stops when he reaches the entrance. Crossing his arms, Akturus waits to be called upon.

Onderin left as Keiran had instructed. He entered the new Jedi facility and quickly found a small weapons locker. He pulled out a pair of laser rifles and a DL-44 blaster pistol.

He then carried the weapons out to the Strife IV. He threw them in the locker there and sat down in the copilot's seat. He quickly ran through the checkups and activated the ship.

Everything was in perfect working order and he warmed up the engines. Then he sat back and waited for his Master, Keiran, to join him. It felt good to be on a mission. He wasn't sure what they were doing exactly, but he trusted Keiran would fill him in on exit from Manaan.

He touched the lightsaber on his belt. It was only a training saber, so he almost expected to need to carry around a blaster. But perhaps the mission would be peaceful and he would get to work on diplomacy rather than battle. He hoped so. He was fine with combat, wanting to learn skills useful in other important areas.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

OOC: Fine then, just ignore me.

IC: Darex was surprised that he had been ignored by Ben'a and the other masters. It's not like I only said 'hello' and then left.

He stood akwardly as one by one, the Jedi left the room. He had been surprised to see Skye in the room. As she passed him, she quietly told him that Tares was her new master. Darex felt a little jealous, but at the same time, happy that Skye was getting the opportunity to continue her training.

In the meantime, what can I do? I'm stuck here, not being any help at all.

He decided to head to the arboretum and talk to Ish.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

As Kyp Durron stood before what was left of the Jedi Council, he felt a pang of guilt for his abandonment of the Jedi Order in the past few years... His retreat to Dathomir, and then the Unknown Regions, had only worsened the pain he felt deep within his being... The loss of a Student to the Dark Side can be very traumatic. The death of his daughter... the guilt had been too much to bear. As he stood here in quiet reflection, he realized that his place had been here all along, with the Jedi. All things happen for a reason... Master Luke had once said. The Jedi aren't exempt from tragedy, but it is how we deal with that tragedy that makes us Jedi. Remember Kyp, no matter what happens in life, you always have to go forward with it. There is no going back. As Kyp thought about that, he finally found the confidence to ask the Council the question he came to ask.

"Masters of the Jedi Order, Council of the Force... I come before you to request the recognition from the Council that I take Xae-Lin Ardel as my Student in the Jedi ways. I have been teaching her basics such as meditation since I rescued her on Dathomir 5 years ago, but she wishes to learn more. I've been reluctant to teach anyone since... the tragedy with my former student. But I feel that I am ready once again to pass on the knowledge of the Force."

Kyp stood patiently, awaiting the Council's Request

BC walked around the young padawan. He looked deep into her. His strength with the Force could be felt as he gazed into her heart. Moving slowly and in a deep trance BC kneeled down to meditate.

Yes.

He spoke as he stay in meditation.

You have my permission to train her.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

Xae sensed the presence of someone behind her as she hung back as Kyp addressed the council. She turned to see Hale Akturus behind her and stepped aside respectfully, understanding that he must either have a lot of guts, or be someone of merit as he'd just come to the council chamber unannounced.

Because of her travels with Kyp in the Unknown Regions, she hadn't met many of the races that were represented on Mannan. It was because of this unfamiliarity, that she did her best to learn what she could through quiet observation, something that she'd learned both from Kyp and from the Nightsisters. She looked at each council member in turn, trying to gauge what information she could by the Jedi's appearance and posture, with the occational glace to the man beside her.

The aburn-haired young woman knew that something had happened with Kyp and his last student, but not the details of the matter. He'd usually dodged the subject and she'd never really pressed him for details. When they first met and she'd asked him to take her away from the Nightsisters, she could sense his reluctance to teach her the way of the Jedi as she'd asked him. She'd been aware of the force almost as long as she'd been able to use it, in accordance with the Nightsisters teachings and designs.

Upon hearing that she was granted permission to stay with Kyp and that she was to be trained, Xae relaxed.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Ish finally wakes up from his sleep quite refreshed. He staggered over to his bathroom and splashed some water on his face and washed his hands....He let out a sigh of contentment. He doned his robes of green again which he hadn't worn all that much yet. Ish decided he would go train some more and then get something to eat. As he left his quarters he decided to pick up the lightsaber he was issued, and grabed his template and attached it to his utility belt.

As he walked down the hall he had an epipheny of sorts. He decided maybe he would leave Manaan to travel a bit around the core systems and see the species and cultures that the order was protecting. No sooner had he envisioned this thought then he received some sort of omen from the force. It was a calling of sorts. He couldn't be sure what it was though...he had never felt this before. He was being called to Coruscant were he'd been only once as a small child.

Well....should I heed whatever the force is telling me to do, or ignore it?.....NO! I've got to go.

Making up his mind Ish headed to the massive hangar located on the upper four levels of the vessel. He was made to sign a few documents, and was scanned for his piloting abilities before the attendant droids were willing to relinquish a Jedi Starfighter.

Ish climbed into the cockpit, as the on board R2 unit beeped at him. Ish replied "we're heading to Coruscant....shouldn't take long....I'll have you back in time for an oil change haha." With that he boomed on the controls as the fighter thrust up and forward jutting out of the hanger just missing the door opening for it. He could hear the beeps of the droid in his cockpit as he flew through the underwater world. He glanced back admiring the sleak beauty of Jedi's new home. Quickly he glanced forward to see his fighter break the surface. In no time he reached the atmosphere of manaan. He didn't see a hyperdrive motivator onboard and wondered how he was to travel to Courscant.

As he approached the upper eschelions of the atmosphere He could make out a circle of ring-like devices. The droid took over with a jolt of the ship., and steered the ship into the middle of one of them. "Hey!" Ish said as the droid took control. Beep beep beeeeep is all he got in reply to which he sat fast and waited for the droid to lock in. Another jolt and the ship was one with the ring. Ish assumed that this was how they would be traveling through hyperspace. A list of coordinates with their locations listed came up on the computer screen. Ish selected Coruscant and headed off in a burst of blue with a flicker of white.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

Kyp bowed to the Wookie Jedi Master out of respect and gratitude.

"Thank you, my friend... Now, if you'll excuse me, I must attend to my Padawan. With the current state of the Jedi Order, her formal training must begin at once."

"Come, Xae. Lets grab something to eat and then we'll get started with your training."

Kyp walked out of the room with a flourish, his Jedi Cloak flowing elegantly behind him as he went in search of the cafeteria.

Xae bowed to the council as well and offered a smile to the Jedi that had been waiting to speak next to her. As soon as she and Kyp were out of ear shot of the council she smiled mischieviously, "I guess that you're stuck with me now Kyp!" She laughed as she nuged him in the side as they went on the quest for food.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

Kyp looked down at Xae and laughed.

"It's nothing I can't handle... Besides, I've already had to spend 5 years with you... Training you in the ways of the Force should be a walk in the park by comparison!"

Kyp and Xae came to a large room with several tables and booths. On the far side of the room, there was a buffet-style Cafeteria, where there was a short line. They made their way to the line, where they waited to get some much-needed food.

"Yeah and after five years of your cooking it's a wonder I'm not dead!" She teased as the two of them sat down in one of the booths, in reality Kyp wasn't really all that bad of a cook. In fact he was quite good. Xae-lin just liked giving him a hard time.

As they ate she found herself watching the others that were in the cafeteria, mainly those representing races that she'd never seen before. During her travels with Kyp she'd only really ever encountered the Chiss and Elomin and a handful of other races. "I had no idea that there were so many of you...well us," she said taking a bite of her food. "And not just people of our race either," she added, almost in awe.

psvBwny.jpg

Kyp looked up from his food with a knowing smile

"And we come to the first lesson... The Force is in all things... All races have the potential to be Jedi."

He gestured toward the variety of Jedi gathered in the cafeteria.

"This is but a handful of of the species in the galaxy... and there used to be thousands upon thousands of Jedi. Now we are reduced to a few dozen or so."

Xae looked about the cafeteria again, wondering what each race was called. She turned her attention back to her dinner. "And what would the second lesson be, hmm?" She laughed again. This was a new adventure and a challenge for her, one to which she was looking forward to meeting. "That the Dark-Side operates the same indiscriminitory way?"

psvBwny.jpg

Kyp finished his Kaarnak stew and continued...

"The Dark Side is the other half of a whole.... in a way it acts the same, indiscriminate of who or what race is able to use it. However... the Dark side is easier... quicker, and more alluring. It offers a false sense of power, taking an aweful toll on the person using it. It may not always be easy to stay on the path of the Light, but it is more than worth the effort in the long run. I know this from experience... the Dark Side is not to be trifled with."

The young woman locked eyes with her master, seeing something ghost across his eyes as he talked about the Dark Side. Had that been the great tragedy with his last student? Xae finished her stew as well, "That's the type of magic that the Sisters called 'Shadow Magic' right? I remember some of the Shadow users being very powerful...but also fairly young for the most part." She was tempted to ask Kyp if that had been why he didn't want to train her in more than meditation. "That's what they kept trying to teach me. I never liked Shadow Magic much."

psvBwny.jpg

Kyp took a moment before answering... he could sense there was more to her question than she was letting on...

"Yes... Shadow Magic the Dark Side... there's more to the Dark Side than that, but we have disussed this subject enough for now. Curiosity about such things are best left alone. You should be focusing on more important things, like studying the Jedi Code."

Xae-Lin nodded, assenting to Kyp's request. Then the miscievious gleam returned to her eye, "So I have to learn another language?" She cocked her head, laughing. She knew what he meant and the only way that lingustics would be involved was in the explaination of said code.

psvBwny.jpg

Sensing Ish leave, Darex changes his course. I'll talk to him when he gets back, he thought.

He heads towards the council chambers yet again. As he was already close by, he arrives there quickly. Inside, he finds Master BLCKCLONE deep in meditation. He is hesitant to rouse the master, however, he speaks up.

"Master, I wish to return this lightsaber to you," Darex says, holding out the handle. "It was given to me during our evactuation of Hoth for added protection. Now that the threat is over, I feel that I should return it. I do not have enough training to be worthy of carrying it."

((OOC: Edited because I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to do))

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

((OOC: My Returm, and taking Xae as my Padawan...))

"Xae, I'll leave you to meet some of the Jedi here... I must have a word with the council on another matter."

Kyp walked over to where Hou-Jo Poleb was standing, still wiping the crumbs from his meal off his hands.

"Master Poleb... there's an urgent matter I must discuss with the Jedi Council. If the council will grant me audience on the matter, that is."

Tiana walked out of the cafitiria/mess hall, being that she was done eating. She wasn't too sure where she wanted to go; she wouldn't've minded staying there, but most of the other people were already talking to other people, and she didn't feel like disturbing anyone merely to ask if there was a library, or something else of the like there. She was like that, bold when she had to be, and the rest of the time, too embarrased to speak up.

Finally, the hopeful decided to head back to her room, to take care of the disaster that her hair was in, and maybe see if there was a spare change of clothes hanging around somewhere-- her own clothes having grown rather grubby after leaving Hoth, seemingly.

That was another thing that bothered her, was the lightsaber that all the hopefuls had been given then. She had no clue what to do with it, had no clue who to return it to either.

Heading back into her room, Tiana was gratifited to locate a hair brush, and a small mirror tucked away in there, where she had earlier missed it, and clothes there that could've been the spair set she had brought with her to Hoth: mostly green, but with a brown vest, the vest being the only difference there.

Combing her hair behind her head into a half ponytail, and quickly changing into the clean clothes, Tiana lef the room, and went back to trying to locate somewhere interesting to be. She found an exit, so that she could be near the landing pad, and for a while found herself just staring at the strange sky.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

"I understand... and I apologize for my ignorance in the matter I wish to address. I can see that the Jedi have diminished a bit since I left all those years ago. I mainly want to discuss the current course of action with the Council, so that I may fulfill my purpose here. I'll be in my quarters putting my stuff away... you may find me there later after the Council has assembled."

Kyp bowed to the Jedi Master, and went to find his quarters.

Xae nodded to Kyp, "I'll see you later then." The petite nineteen-year old cleared her and her master's dishes, taking them to the cleaning/recycle area that she'd seen others use. She decided to do some exploring, eventually going outside. She saw another figure standing on the platform, just staring at the sky. "Hello," She said coming to stand next to the women, a gentle wind stirring her auburn hair. Xae-Lin turned her gaze skyward as she absently fiddled with the training lightsaber on her belt that Kyp had given her before he'd gone to the council.

psvBwny.jpg

Hale Akturus reaches out with the Force, and nudges his first master, BLCKCLONE. The Jedi Knight was still standing before the entrance to the Jedi Council chambers.