The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Ben'a only half-heartedly attempted to restrain the grin on his face at this pronouncement. It was the last thing he had expected from Master Kenobi, but at the same time, he understood what it meant. And, striding forward with an innate grace, he lead the way to the Council chambers, betraying no emotions to anyone who might be oriented in his direction.

"We're here," he said simply to DJK when they arrived at the Council chambers five minutes later. "Shall I do the honors?"

Not waiting for an answer, Ben'a knocked politely on the Council chamber door.

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Ish was excited to finally spare. "Too many interruptions!" Ish exclaimed harshly with a cynical laugh. He hopped up from the table, and nodded to Darex and then extended his hand in the direction oh the doorway to show Skye out.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

Skye precedes Ish out the door and heads down another corridor thinking that it wouldn't hurt to explore abit more on the way to finding the gym. Hearing the annoyed tone of Ish's voice she turns back to him saying ”œPatience is a virtue ”¦ easier said than done I know but we will get to spar”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Scorp had exited the rebel transport his cape had bellowed behind him that was untill he travel to the new jedi home. Suddently Scorp felt enclosed.

so much water too much water

Scorp quietly entered the station he even got a new room. grabbing his one bag he went to his new room. He settled in the he quietly sat in a corner of his room and meditated in order to dispel t he trapped feeling he had of being under water.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Hou-Jo could feel Dhan-Jaroe and Ben'a's presence.

"Before they come in, I would like to say this before Dhan-Jaroe does. I asked Ben'a to bring Master Kenobi here so that the Council might have a chance to speak with him. I hope to accomplish as much things as possible. Determine if any actions should be taken to Dhan-Jaroe training padawans telling them that the Order's ideals are wrong, see if we can do anything to change how Dhan-Jaroe feels about the order, and... to see why he appears to have something against me. That of course, is to my personal preference. I feel that all of these things might not be accomplished though, and I apologize now for not consulting with the rest either you Tares, or with you Gantoris."

Hou-Jo put his hood up again and waited for the two Jedi to enter.

Tares held the doors shut with the force before the two jedi could enter, then stood up. He looked straight to Hou-Jo, "You are telling me you brought Master Kenobi here to judge him? To see if we should "take action against him"?"

Looking to the door, he returned his gaze to Hou-jo, "Not only is this not the time for something like this, but it isn't this council's place to place judgement upon him. Those he teaches fully accept his teachings, therefor he has every right to pass along his knowledge even with out this order's consent. On top of that, we simply won't change his mind about the order based on our words alone. It's the council's lack of action that he has taken a disliking to. Every single being in this galaxy has their right to their own opinion, we will not accomplish anything to counter act that fact...."

tares.jpg

"No, I didn't bring him here to judge him. I want to see if there is any way that we can prove to him that the Jedi aren't a lot of hypocrites, and that we can do things when they are needed. I don't want to see any Jedi left out of the Order, Tares. I mean, if he was trained more properly then I... I was in the IJA and the RJO as well... and if even I could become a prominent Jedi, then so can he."

Tares looked to the ground, "He isn't being left out of the order Hou-jo. He has decided to remain apart from it, if we can't respect this choice and instead try to convince him that we aren't as bad as he thinks, then we aren't doing our jobs. He has seen little action from this council, which was the reason he didn't even join so long ago. The fact is, there has been little action from the jedi in the past...."

tares.jpg

Though the words of the Council were stayed by the sealed door in front of him, Ben'a could sense the residual feelings eminating from the Masters within. A mix of barely-suppressed anger, of genuine consternation with the running of things, and yet, a glimmer of hope. Things no longer seemed as set in stone as they had been, to the Knight as he waited to be admitted into the chambers with Dhan-Jaroe Kenobi. It seemed that the ties were not so beyond mending; but it wouldn't come of its own volition. Much had to be done to unite the Order, and Ben'a had a feeling that he would play a part in it. He turned to Master Kenobi, his words light, but his demenor set.

"Well, Dhan-Jaroe, it seems that your presence has touched a few nerves. Perhaps there is hope, after all..."

He looked back at the door, attempting to peer beyond with the Force, but not really getting very far.

"When How-Jo sent me, it was his word alone, yet his not discussing it with the Council seems to have touched a nerve or two."

goodwoodsig.jpg

*Kirlocca stood and waited with extreame calm. He knew better then to speak at a time like this, but now he felt that he must put his two cents in.*

"If I may be allowed to speak,"

*Kirlocca really didn't wait for permission to speak, he just did.*

"I don't know Dhan-Jaroe at all. But what I do know is this. Hou-Jo is right...kinda. Having him around will help the order. But at the same time, Tares it correct also. He decided to remain apart from us, and we must respect that. Is it possible that he can just off and train, but when the jedi need his help, to have him come in and help?"

*Kirlocca looked at Tares and Hou-Jo to see their response.*

K'munee's ship slowly descended onto Manaan. He was followed by his padawan Toster, who stayed close behind in his starfighter. Landing on the planet's surface, Toster was quick to get out of his ship and into the newly constructed structure. His master lead him down the halls torwards an open comm. Toster turned the comm on, and sent a message throughout the structure, his voice coming bouncing off the walls of the empty hangar.

---This message is for Jedi Master Blckclone. This is Toster Otrebor, currently speaking from the hangar bay. I am accompanied by Jedi Master K'munee, and we would like to speak with you as soon as possible please.---

Having sent his message, Toster turned the comm off, and awaited the arrival of Jedi Master Blckclone.

"Well, I think that maybe we should wait a while before concerning this. The issue brought up by you, Kirlocca, is plenty to worry about. We will have to wait, most likely, about what to do exactly concerning the Sith. Kirlocca, is there anything else you would like to add, concerning the Sith's hidden base?"

Ish grasped his bamboo stick and gritted his hands around it tightly. The stick became an extension of himself. He twirlled his stick with his left hand on the side of his body slowly as he decided where to strike. His first blow came to Skyes right side as Ish crossed over his own body holding the pole with both hands. He of course wasn't surprised to see it blocked firmly by Skye waiting stick. She seemed to be using the force to know his next move...Goodwoods words would become fact eventually....she would do the order proud as a Jedi. Ish dashed back using the force quickly, hunkered down. In and instant he lunged out from his crouched position and jumped over Skye and twisted himself in mid air so he was positioned to strike at her when he hit the ground.

He could tell Skye was quite surprised from the look on her face. Ish swung his weapon at Skyes ankle so as to take her to the ground, and he succeeded with a hit. However as Skye fell, she caught herself with her hand and used the force (as Ish could feel it eminating from her) to flip back to her feet. "Very impressive!" he said shooting Skye a smile of admiration. Ish twirled his stick once more as he losened his grip and concentrated within himself on this battle. He took his stance and waited for Skyes next attack. He reached out with the force to see if he could sense where the next blow would come from.

ish2hh6.jpg

*Kirlocca thought about it for a while. He was not sure he could remember anything else...*

"I'm not sure I said this already or not, but when I did learn of it's location, I checked Blacksuns records of the planet, an Ipmerial team had found it and kept it to themslefs, and that also would explain why we, the jedi, don't have it on file. So, there is no way to be sure what the planet is like, unless we can get our own file on the planet. Blacksun only had information on the loaction and that it came from Imperial headquarters itself."

*Kirlocca fell into the force to find out what his feelings told him about the planet. He let it flow through him, telling him just what he needed to hear.*

"And My feelings tell me that the planet is a real one, and that the sith are there. But it would not hurt us to do a little more digging into this."

Surprise showed on her face after his successful hit but Skye recovered smoothly, a mask of calmness dropping over her face to hide her next move. She lets the Force dictate her actions, feeling it swirling around her and doesn't resist it, instead lets it guide her moves. After flipping back to her feet she goes on the offensive using the force to push Ish backwards and following quickly with a flurry of strikes to his upper body, then swiftly to his legs.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Ish was sent reeling as he attempted to block Skye's strikes. One hit him in the shoulder, but did not fall him. The next strike however met his shins to which he fell and rolled so as to keep his momentum going. He recovered and hunkered down so as to keep a low target. He and Skye were separated by about three meters. Again Ish crouched down extending one of his legs out from under him ((ala kung fu style)) and held his stick diagonally across the front of him. He could feel the floor underneath him and the air around him. He knew he must have been getting more in tune with the force because he was not even trying to use it to heighten his senses.

He lept at Skye who had her stick right at his sticking point already. Instead of using his stick, he swept his leg towards hers to trip her, but she barely hopped over his long sweeping leg. Ish resumed a more standing posture and came at Skye with a barrage of swings that were small and consice(sp). Each swing accept for the last was parried with ease by Skye. Both he and Skye were moving at frantic paces. His last strike hit her squarely on the upper arm as she had it extended holding her pole out. She winced mildly then regained her stern composer and came back at him.

ish2hh6.jpg

”˜Hmmm that one's sure to bruise”¦', Skye silently said to herself. She gathers herself quickly and springs over Ish, striking as she sails over him before landing nimbly on the mats. Spinning back to face him she notices him closing the gap between them so she extends her hand towards him with a gesture to sweep his feet from under him, feeling the force do her bidding, she hasn't yet got the control needed to complete the action but it is enough to stop him in his tracks. ”˜I'm getting the hang of using these Force powers ”¦ they could come in very handy if I learn to use them right.' Using another flurry of strikes she moves against him once more.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Ish was within himself astonished though he wouldn't let it show at Skyes daring attempt to trip him with the force. It was a very nice manuever. He rarely has time to contemplate that as Skye retorts with another slew of strikes. One unfortunate strike makes contact with Ish's collar bone. He feels the pain surge through him as Skye strikes. He ignores his pain as he falls towards the floor. He catches himself with one hand and slowly lifts himself back up.

As he gets to his feet he already knows what he is going to do. As he becomes prostrate he stands still for a moment to throw Skye off and to prepare himself. WIth a sudden jolt Ish uses the force to sprint at her. He makes a circle around her attacking her on all sides as quickly as he can. Skye does well to repell most of the attacks as she speeds up with Ish, but only uses her stick to deflect while staying in the same position. Finally Ishs' pole meets her hip to which she rolls sideways. Respectfully Ish hops back and readies himself in a defensive stance. He senses her becoming tired, as he himself is a bit winded.

ish2hh6.jpg

The tendril of resignation emminating from How-Jo reached Ben'a through the door as he sat there, waitign to bring Dhan-Jaroe to the Council. And with that, he could keep to himself no longer. He sent a Force-message through the door right into Hou-Jo's mind...

"Perhaps, if you would take the time to ask him, he would be quite willing to help. Assume not, Master Poleb."

goodwoodsig.jpg

A subtle gesture of assent through the Force was all Ben'a gave in answer as he turned back to Master Kenobi, still sitting there, waiting. To Ben'a, and certainly to the elder Jedi next to him, this ponderous train of thought the Council was pushing along was nothing new. For a fleeting moment, the young Knight wondered if a one-man Council would be a better use of energy, but he quickly realized that this would not only be impossible for the Jedi, but that by doing so, they would become little better then the Sith. No, a dictatorship was not the answer; instead, more effective Council members were needed.

"Well, you're right, Master Kenobi, they certainly are taking their time. I would suggest seeing to Mayy's needs and your own; I'll get you two situated aboard the Eternal Vigilance, and we can wait for the Council to make up its mind."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Ara thought for a moment, and felt her padawan's confusion. Attacking Jedi...who'da thunk? Still, we need to take some consideration into this, I think.

Leaning forward, Ara finally spoke. "But who to do the digging? If the Sith or imperials got wind of what we know, certainly they'd up and leave quicker than anything." She took a slow breath. "And personally, I'd like to have some advantage over them."

Shifting slightly in her seat, she went on. "As far as DJ goes, I was allowed to train and do other things at our old base, even when I wasn't fully a Jedi due to...some circumstances beyond my control." Coughing, she added, "As far as him saying anything against the order, well...his perogative, I suppose. Its not exactly a good thing to kick allies out our door when we're just getting started again."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

*Kirlocca turned towards Ara with a small wink in his eyes.*

"Ara, I can relate to you on some levels. I know it is important to keep an advantage over them, this is where Ob can come into play. Kitt Fitt is still on Bespin, I can ask him to use his old masters ties to get a hold on this information, if the council would allow it."

As Ish circles her, Skye instinctively closed her eyes and let the Force help her deflect his blows. She could see where he was going to strike before he moved and could move to deflect accordingly but she could feel herself tire and knew the same of Ish. She wasn't going go back down yet. She was enjoying stretching and testing her limits and new skills. In a slight lapse of concentration one of his blows got through her defenses to land on her hip. She used the momentum of the blow to roll with it and away from him pushing the pain from her mind for the time being. Rising to her feet once more she looked warily at him, just watching and waiting for his next move.

In a sudden move she straightened up, still slightly defensive and allowed a smile to come across her face, bowing slightly to Ish. ”œI think we're well matched here. I know I'm feeling the strain of this battle and I think you are too. How about we call it a draw?”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Scorp had quietly been working out in the corner of the gym. He also had watched the battle. "hmm they seem to be better than I was when I first joined." this caused him to once again remember that he was a hopeful.

"o No I am not going through that again."

then he starts to think of where could Darsha be he had felt her on the ship but he hadn't seen her when he left. Scorp stoppted exercising and began meditate and watch out the corner of his eye the battle which had been happing between skye and Ish. "Hmmmmm Maybe I should challange one of the two they seem pretty good when they spar maybe they can show me a thing or two." HE though it over when he saw Skye offer the draw. Some what suprised he continued to watch the events as he meditated near the back of the gym.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

"Let us look at the facts on the subject. All we have is basicly a guess when it comes to having the Sith on Mimban. Once again I post out the fact that nothing suggests this is actually the sith base. Sith activily travel around many times during training and missions. Mimban could just have been an other travel destination. Second, we have no reliable sources to turn to to get this infomation."

Tares shifted in his chair, "The hutts that you are think we can turn to are less than trust worthy. They even gave you a new ship in the attempt to track the new location of the Vigilance. They betrayed us in our time of need. Finally look at the state of condition the jedi are in. We are in no position to just go out on limbs to trust the hutts, or trust that the sith base is on Mimban...."

tares.jpg