Rattatak

Darth Heretic

Reaching his hand out, the rogue easily caught the bottle and returned the laugh the bounty hunter was already engaging in. It's not like he had anything big planned or a partner that he would betray by joining their ranks, so why not? Was it the fear of companionship or was it the fear of being betrayed? It didn't matter, it was the easiness of the air around him that sealed the deal for Tekkan Raas.

"I accept," he said taking a swig from the bottle, "I mean what's the worst that could happen?"

The Bounty Hunting world's one man scourge

TekkanRaas.jpg

So between the flowers and steak I'm saying "I kill stuff for you. Please like me."

Rane Scando rises from his seat and strides across the private booth until he stands just in front of Marcus. The veteran bounty hunter looks over his shoulder to Mike Attard, and then proceeds

"Let's get down to business, shall we? You asked if eight hundred thousand is still sufficient, I have to admit that that amount does not sit well with me. I've heard a thing or two about this man you're after; he used to work for the Hutts. I'd say fifteen thousand would hit the mark, half before the job, half after."

Marcus blinked in open surprise.

"I must be misunderstanding you. Fifteen thousand is much less than what I'm offering. However, if you insist, it's a deal. I only ask one more thing, I want to be able to watch the execution as it happens. I don't want to be there, but there must be a way you can patch me in."

The Night of Vengence landed and ShadowFett stepped out. He headed for the bar. "Now all I need to do is find this Bles character," he thought.

He entered the bar. He saw Rane Scando and BHM. A large amount of rage went through him as he saw the former, but he was on orders. He would just find the recruit and leave.

Fett quickly spotted the Trandoshan in a corner. He walked towards him, trying not to allow Rane to notice him. They had hardly left on good terms last time. But at least BHM was there. They may not trust each other, but Fett and BHM had saved the galaxy together with Piccolo.

Fett sat down across from Bles. "I was told you wished to join Black Sun. We are to train together and eventually go to Myrkr together with Black Sun. If we could leave quickly enough I would like to get out of here but don't be too rushed. If you want to say something then say it."

Patch stood where he was against a wall in the room, blasters in hand but pointed downward. Patch kept BHM, Rane Scando and Marcus in his peripheral vision, being his employers, it wouldn't be convinient if they somehow got hurt.

"Best to protect those that will pay me..."

Mike shot to his feet, eager to save the credit's which Rane was trying to forfeit.

"Eight Hundred Thousand will do fine." Mike said in an even voice which left no room for arguement. He sent a sidelong quizzical glance at Rane.

"Now, if you will excuse me, if this man is as dangerous and skilled as I remember him to be, my crew and I will need to train for this mission."

He got up, grabbing his canister of credits and finishing his ale in a single gulp.

He walked out, trusting his colleagues would be able to follow him.

Some of the most skilled hunters in the galaxy. If they can't follow me, then this galaxy is in dire need of some hunters. Mike thought with an ironic smile on his face.

He made his way through the couldron, stopping at a small kiosk and reserving an arena and some automaton opponents, handing over his katana and speaking a few short words. Then, almost as an after thought, he asked for the history on anything and everything related to lightsaber and sword combat. He found a particularly interesting holodisk labelled "Sokan". He paid the cashier for his time and the disk, walking down to his arena.

He walked into the centre of one of the smaller arenas, reaching down to his belt, he unclipped his lightsaber. The gift which was given to him by the Hermit. He ignited the weapon with a snap-hiss, the silver blade leaping forth. He has mastered Teras Kasi, and was more than adept in using his vibro katana.

The wise hermit had weighted the saber to take advantage of these expertise. He took a few swings and practice parries, the blade feeling familiar in his hands.

"Release the first one!!" he yelled at the thin air.

Across from the hunter, a small gate opened, and out jogged a duelist elite, grasped in it's mechanical hands was Mike's own katana, a weapon which could resist a lightsaber without recieving any damage from the energy weapon.

The katana sang down towards Mike's head. He parried the blow, the saber feeling perfect in his hands.

Mike twisted under the blade and slammed his back into the chestplate of the droid, the machine stumbling backward and bringing the blade across horizontally at Mike's hip. The blade was parried again. This time, however, the lightsaber's journey didn't end at the sword of it's opponent. The bounty hunter changed the momentum of the silver blade.

First severing the duelist elite's sword hand and then sweeping around in a three hundred and sixty degree sweep to decapitate it.

He placed his hand palm out at the chast of the droid, and unleashed an almighty shove with the force, sending the disabled machine flying across the fighting space, slamming it into the far wall.

A small astromech droid trundled out and retrieved the vibro katana, moving off to prepare Mike's next victim

BHMikebanner1.jpg

Patch watched BHM leave the room, he followed until he realized he was off to do some solo-training in an arena.

"Good idea..."

Patch jogged to the weapons store that provided fighters who had lost their weapons in the arena with new replacement ones. Patch approached the desk and tossed his twin blaster pistols onto the table in front of the storeowner's eyes.

"I want these inspected, cleaned and optimized."

"Yes sir, that will be 50 credits"

Patch shook his head

"That is not all I want, I need a long-range sniper rifle"

"No problem"

The storeowner reached under the counter and pulled out an ancient clone wars-era projectile rifle.

"I found this in a speeder wreckage on Coruscant back before the clone wars"

Patch frowned and began thinking, he then responded

"Very well, I want you to optimize, clean and refurbish this rifle as well. Install a 5K3P scope and modify the rifle so that it has a strap going from the barrel to the end of the stock, that way I can sling it over my back when required."

"Yes sir, that will be 1550 credits"

Patch paid the storeowner and sat down as he waited for his weapons to be finished.

Bles hears the man speaking to him fom across the table. The thought occured to him to tear his throat out. But that would not accomplish his goal. This Black Sun organization sounded like the perfect organization to join.

"You talk too much. You want to train, lets train. You want to go to Myrkr, lets go. I just want to make a name for myself, and if I cake a little money on the side, why not?"

He stands up to follow the man.

Darth-Garou.jpg

ShadowFett stood and left with Bles at his heels. He was glad to leave before Rane noticed him. It could have gotten unpleasent.

He boards the Night of Vengence and takes off, "I'll meet you at the Citadel. I need to know that you can take on something as powerful as a Vornskr (or several) before we go to Myrkr."

The ship quickly enters hyperspace en route to Coruscant.

Razortooth walks aboard the Wookie Slayer. He unties the head off his belt and places it back on his trophy case. He lays down his bowcaster in the copilot seat and powers up the weapons and engines. The Corellian ship lifts off the ground and begins its ascent to the Black Sun Citadel. A hope rips open in space and the ship slides through it.

Darth-Garou.jpg

"Training, great...that's just what I came here for," he said in an antagnostic tone.

The lead bounty hunter threw him a quick glance and Tekkan merely responded to the stern look with a cocky grin. "Note to self: no more jokes". No the man was being dead serious, whoever they were going after the target was very dangerous, so maybe the extra training wouldn't hurt. He casually followed the man out of the door and with a glance out of the corner of his eye he saw his counterparts doing the same, atleast he was doing *something* right. Stopping only once he had reached a small booth, the man handed over a strange looking sword and in exchange was given a small holodisk. He further followed him with his eyes, as the hunter walked down to his arena and drew a metalic cylinder from his belt.

"A lightsaber," Tekkan exclaimed to no one in particualr, "the boy's either got a pair the size of two Death Stars or he's as dumb as a Taun-Taun."

He watched intently as the man went out and faced a dueling droid, which was now brandishing the same strange sword that the bounty hunter produced at the booth. The fighting was fast and intense, with the bounty hunter easily overwhelming the droid and as fast as the fight began...it ended even faster. The last move though was what stuck into the rogue's mind, he had pushed the droid across the room...but he never touched him. "A Force adept," he thought to himself, "this could be interesting." He focused his thoughts at the man in the arena and let a single sentence explode outward.

"Care for a real challenge?" he thought with a smirk.

TekkanRaas.jpg

So between the flowers and steak I'm saying "I kill stuff for you. Please like me."

Tekkan's smirk was dropped when Mike returned the message, turning from his combat stance to look directly at the man.

Maybe later. Somehow, I doubt that you have a lightsaber, and I need to practice with mine. If you want a bit of combat practice, seek out your fellow recruit, Deftide.

He threw a mock salute with the glowing weapon and turned back to the gate, which creaked open to release a new wave of enemies. This time, it was different, however, with half a dozen 'Marksman H' combat remotes floating out in a standard flank manuever, surrounding Mike and priming their weapons.

Mike inhaled. reaching out with his mind to strengthen his connection to the Force. His consciousness expanded outward, and he began to sense every atom around him.

All this was a bit much at first, Mike unable to decipher the information and recieving a few minor hits to his arms and back. However, he soon was able to see what was happening, his training beginning to kick in.

He blocked and deflected shots before they happened, and soon the number of remotes had halved, but that was when they moved to phase II. The shots became more rapid, the movement more erratic, and hence the shots harder to block and the hits landed by the droids more frequent.

As a stinger shot burnt into his hip, the pain brought with it a new sense of determination.

Mike gritted his teeth and concentrated further, his connection to the Force growing stronger by the microsecond. Mike focused on a particular aspect of the combat, namely his interaction with his surroundings.

As his concentration grew, time seemed to slow down, and his mind took in everything in a clearer view, each little electron of energy aimed towards him.

His surrounding resembled a holovid which had been put into slow motion. He moved, launching himself up and over the hovering menaces, and above their current trajectory of fire, his foot landing solidly on the left most droid. Knowing it could not hold his weight, Mike pushed off with all his might, sending the droid crashing to the ground and Mike flying off in a perfectly executed backward somersault, during which his body passed over another remote, and his blade directy through it.

The manuever continued, but as Mike was microns from the ground, he struck out one last time, the blade digging deep into the final droid and causing an abbreviated puff of smoke.

As Mike landed on the ground, his surroundings snapped back into real time, and his legs almost collapsed under him, the unexpected turn of events leaving Mike both mentally and physically exhausted.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

"uhhh, Mr. Deftide?"

Patch looked at the storeowner

"Your order is complete"

The storeowner placed his double blaster pistols, freshly polished alongside his newly modified sniper rifle.

"I hope they have been made to your satisfaction..."

Patch picked up one pistol and looked down the barrel, he picked up the other and did the same. He then spun both trigger guards around his fingers and placed the pistols snugly in his holsters. He then reached forward and picked up the rifle, he tossed it up and down lightly.

"This has been weighted exquisitely"

Patch rested the butt of the rifle on his shoulder and looked through the scope, using the rangefinder to determine the distance from the rifle to the storeowner's forehead.

"The scope is excellent as well"

Patch slung the rifle over his shoulder and shook the storeowner's hand.

"I thank you for your hard work"

Patch spun on his heel and proceeded down the hallway. He arrived at the firing range, already filled with fighters who participated in the arena battles. The firing range was setup so that the ranges closest to the door were meant for short-range pistols, and the farther in you went the farther out the targets were. Patch walked along down the range, giving each fighter a cold-stare, making sure everybody noticed his sniper rifle. Patch ended at the very far end of the firing range, he looked out at the target and estimated that the human outline was about 150m away.

"Better go to the extreme..."

Patch turned the dial on the control panel for the firing booth and set the target to a distance of 300m away from Patch.

"Perfect"

Patch slung his rifle around his shoulder and held it against his armpit. He then reached forward and flicked down the bipod supports at the end of the barrel, he dropped to one knee and rested the rifle against the edge of the booth, he closed his right eye and leaned his head across the butt so his left eye looked through the scope. He lined up his sights with the head of the target, he turned the power dial above the trigger with his right hand. He heard a faint whine inside the rifle as it powered up. He moved his finger back to the trigger and exhaled. At the peak of his exhalation, Patch pulled back on the trigger with a steady motion. The rifle roared as a laser bolt exploded out of the barrel and lanced forward, in a split second, the laser had covered 300m and totally removed the head of the human outline at the far end of the range.

"Excellent"

Patch programmed in another target and continued to shoot.

Fifteen thousand, what was I thinking?

Rane Scando shakes his head and pulls a small dark bottle free from the inside pocket of his jacket. The bounty hunter squints at the bottle's label, shakes his head again with disapproval, and then casts the bottle aside. Still muttering to himself, Scando crosses the arena and enters a side tunnel. A few minutes later, the bounty hunter re-emerges, now with a large black bag hoisted over his shoulder. Scando sets the bag down on the dusty ground, and opens it. Two small droids, each no bigger than a grown man's fist, rocket out of the open bag and hover around Scando, just out of his reach. The bounty hunter speaks a few harsh words in an alien language, and the two droids rocket off in different directions. The first zips behind the unsuspecting Tekkan Raas, and a small appendage extends from the droid's middle. Less than a second later, a bolt of electricity lances out of the droid's extended arm and hits Raas in the back, forcing him to his knees. The droid then zips around and around, waiting for the young bounty hunter's response.

Meanwhile, the second droid advances on Patch Deftide. The droid heads straight at Deftide, seemingly undaunted by his weapon. As it draws nearer to the bounty hunter, two small flaps open on the droid's top and underside; a small dish-like apparatus extends from the top, while the barrel of a small blaster emerges from the droid's underside. A second later, a high frequency screech is directed at Deftide from the dish-like apparatus while two shots ring out from the blaster.

Across the arena, Rane Scando looks on.

Patch brought his scope in line with the target across the range, 300m away. He brought his eye in line with the scope and began aiming his shot, suddenly his ears exploded with a loud screech. Patch dropped his rifle and fell to both knees, he ducked his head down and held onto his ears with his hands. He then felt an intense heat above his head as the blaster bolts whizzed over his head, as the bolts passed, they caught his bandana on fire. Patch leaped up, flung the bandana away and drew his blaster pistols. He stood pointing them at the assasin droid, panting. Patch fired twice at the droid, hitting it on it's body and on the signal dish, sending it straight to the ground. Patch crouched and looked around, searching to see where the droid had come from...

"Those were assasin droids... and the only people that would use those on Rattatak are bounty hunters... I though I was a bounty hunter alongside them?"

Rane Scando smiles as Patch Deftide destroys the little droid. A moment later, the veteran bounty hunter is on his knees, looking through the bag he had dropped to the ground. Scando produces a small jetpack and a strange blaster rifle from the seemingly bottomless bag. Not more than five seconds passes before Scando has the jetpack strapped to his back and the weapon loaded in his hands. With a dangerous smile, Scando hits a lever on the side of the jetpack with his elbow, and rockets up. Flying though the air, the bounty hunter takes aim with the strange blaster rifle - the strange sonic blaster rifle. Still with that same dangerous smile played across his features, Scando squeezes the weapon's trigger and sends an immense shockwave at Patch Deftide.

"Bounty hunting 101!"

It appears our business is completed here.

Marcus called out as they battled, hoping the men would pay attention.

"I have to go gentleman, I have other business to attend to, but when you start fighting Vermillios, it is imparative I have the location, so I can watch. He must know who hired you at the end."

Marcus walked over to the shuttle. His mood had turned sour. Things had gone well so far, too well.

"Take me to Coruscant."

The shuttle headed for hyperspace.

Patch watched as Scando streaked into the air and drew an alien blaster rifle

"Dammit, and I was hoping for a nice, relaxing day at the range too..."

Patch gripped both his blaster pistols and rolled forward, allowing the shockwave to hit the ground behind him and send him flying forward. Patch lay, head in the mud, until he heard Scando fly over him, Patch rolled over and aimed both his blaster pistols up at the flying bounty hunter, he let loose 3 blaster bolts and then kicked himself back onto his two feet. Patch kept his blaster pistols trained on the airborn man as he slowly sidestepped his way across the ground, making himself a moving target.

Mike walked into the private booth, still recovering from his immersion in the Force. As all things, it would become easier every time he did it, but at the moment, he still felt slightly drained from the experience. On his way in, he stopped at a small banking branch which was generally used to deposit winnings and to take out money for wagers. He deposited the several million credits from his last job into his bank account.

He sat in the booth and pulled up the hologram of the battle between Patch and Rane, ordering an Altha Protein Drink. He watched with interest, waiting to see how each would react to the other's style of combat.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

Rane Scando spirals to the side as Patch Deftide's blaster shots ring out ”“ the last of the shots misses the flying bounty hunter by a few short inches. With a look of grim determination, Scando rockets around the perimeter of the arena, and then positions himself to make another pass at the new recruit. Teeth clenched, Scando aims the blaster rifle once again and fires off two shots in rapid succession. Both blasts come dangerously close to Deftide; the second one knocks him off his feet. As the two shockwaves hit, the veteran bounty hunter rockets away to a private booth overlooking the arena, where he finds a nice bottle of the good stuff. A moment later, Scando was back, hovering around the arena, blaster rifle trained on Deftide.

Meanwhile, Tekkan Raas is still be hounded by the remaining little droid. Two small flaps open on the droid's top and underside, just like they had on the droid that had attacked Deftide. A second later, a high frequency screech is directed at Raas from the dish-like apparatus on the droid's top while two shots ring out from the droid's underside.

"Not a challenge without a lightsaber..huh," he said to himself, "then I guess you've got a lot to learn about me."

That sly smirk once again returned to his face. This bounty hunter down in the arena was confident in his abilites and a bit of a bastard...Tekkan was starting to like him already. He was about to leap down to the arena and show him that he was more then a formidable opponent, even without a lightsaber, when a slight humming sound eminated from the air around him. Before the bounty hunter could react a blaster shot exploded from the droid and singed his lower back dropping him to his knees. Normally his armor would have absorbed the blast, but in his haste he had forgotten to activate the power mechanism within it's compents...thus leaving him open. The little droid hovered around him and as he drew his DL-44 blaster, only to his dismay, he found that an ear splitting screech was pounding his eardrums. As he trained his eyes on the small dish that the the sound was coming from two flaps popped upon from the droid's underside and equally two shots rocketed out from them.

He moved faster then thought possible as the young hunter jumped back from the incoming shots and landed in a crouch stance, with his blaster sights lined up on the droid. He let a single shot ring out and it quickly found it's mark and the tiny transmitting dish was instantly reduced to melted stain. He lined up his blaster again and fired another shot, this one penetrating the droid's photoceptor and going through it's core A.I. chip and reducing it to a lifeless husk that quickly dropped to the ground. He looked around the arena and saw his fellow recruit and the other lead hunter fighting each other. He knew it was the man on the jet pack that was responsible, that type of trick seemed that it would hide itself within his "sleeve".

"Nice trick...wanna see mine?" he murmured.

He followd him with his eyes as the hunter rocketed to a private booth and then emerged moments later, with his sights once again resting on his fellow recuits. With the push of a near invisible button on his left gauntlet, the power of his armor exploded into life as he cleared the distance to the balcony between him and the rocket man. In a fluid movement he leapt forward, placed his lead foot on the edge of the balcony, and pushed off as the cybernetic implants within his boots jumped to life and propeled him towards the man who had flown dangerously close to him. Tekkan came from his side and slightly behind and the two collided in mid-air, with both of them plummeting to the ground fast due to the added weight. Instead of his face being twisted in a mask of rage, Tekkan was smiling, this was going to be fun.

TekkanRaas.jpg

Patch tilted his head up watched in stupor as the other recruit made impossible leaps and bounds and manage to collide with Scando. Patch smiled and reached forward to grab his sniper rifle, he got up onto one knee and rested the butt of his rifle on his shoulder. Patch tilted his head to look through the scope and aimed at the now ground-struck pair. Patch dialed in the distances and focussed on Scando's revealed jetpack. Patch smiled.

"Good night Gracie"

Patch pulled back on the trigger solidly, allowing the rifle to roar as a laser bolt exploded out of the barrel and lanced straight for Scando's jetpack. The laser bolt struck and caused the jetpack to spark and stutter, it went silent for a few seconds and smoke started emerging. Patch laid his rifle on the ground softly and picked up his blaster pistols again, he started circling the grounded pair, pointing his blasters in their direction.

Using his right hand, Rane Scando pulls his blade free from the side of his right boot and brings it up to his chest. In one quick slash, the veteran bounty hunter cuts apart the straps of his jetpack. With his free left hand, Scando pulls the ruined jetpack off of his back and swings it around at Tekkan Raas ”“ the jetpack comes crashing down on his head a moment later, bringing Raas to his knees. At this point, thick smoke was pouring out of the business end of the jetpack, covering Scando and Raas. With an angry snarl, Scando kicks Raas in the chin, sending him sprawling backwards.

Rane Scando then snaps around, his arms waving this way and that trying to clear the smoke. As the smoke lifts, Scando gets an idea ”“ spying Patch Deftide's position, Scando replaces his blade and pulls a smoke grenade free from his belt. Scando throws the grenade at Deftide, and explodes at his feet. With Deftide's sight cut down to nothing, Scando runs to the side, kneels down and then draws his own blaster. A moment later the veteran bounty hunter pumps bolt after bolt of stun energy at the smoke.

"Dammit, I gotta talk to Nien Numbnuts about some damn infared googles after this crap..."

Patch pulled his bandana off his head and tied it around his mouth, so his coughing fit would stop. He squinted his eyes, trying to stop the stinging that the smoke caused.

"Whew..."

A stun bolt struck right near Patch's feet. Patch jumped back and started looking around, he saw stun bolts barely missing him by inches. Patch kept on turning, trying to find the source of the blaster fire.

"Not there... Not there... THERE!"

Patch found the general direction from where the stun bolts were coming from, he pulled up his blasters but was too slow to notice a low stun bolt lancing straight at Patch's thigh. The bolt struck his thigh dead-on, numbing his entire leg. Patch dropped to one and rested his numbed thigh on the ground as he let loose with a volley of blaster bolts towards the general direction of the source of the stun bolts.

They hit the ground hard, but both men shook it off and stood to their feet...just in time to see a sniper shot lance through the Rocket Man's jetpack. Smoke began sputtering out of it and the black rolling mist singed Tekkan's eyes and burned the inside of his throat as he breathed it in. The bounty hunter next to him took advantage of his momentary disorientation and smacked the young rogue on top of his head with the said jet pack, effectively bringing him to his knees.

Luckily for Tekkan he had thrown his arms up to absorb most of the attack, but it still knocked him pretty dizzy, so dizzy in fact that he never saw the stiff kick to his face that was b-lining towards him. The young hunter toppled backwards and landed flat on his back, and as he fell he felt a metallic taste forming in his mouth and instantly realized what it was. He spat on the ground, blood being where only saliva should...he's eyes narrowed as he centered his concentration on the downed rocket man, though he still maintained that casual grin.

Jumping to his feet, the bounty hunter bolted for his opponent, drawing back his arm as he did, and planted a solid, gauntlet enhanced forearm into the back of his fellow hunter's head. He dropped to his knees, but it had only begun, because the brash rogue hooked his right arm undernearth his opponent's right arm and hooked his left arm underneath his opponent's left arm. He bent his knees slightly, drew upon his reserve of strenth to lift him into the air, side stepped 180 degrees, and successfully flipped the rocket man over his head and firmly slammed him into the ground shoulders first. He moment of glory didn't last long, his fellow recruit was laying down a wall of fire headed straight for the pair. With a smirk Tekkan Raas crouched to the ground, activated the cybernetic implants within his legs once again and jumped straight up and backwards. He soared through the air and landed with a slight thud twenty feet away, and not wasting a moment he quickly rolled to his left, drew his own blaster and let off a tight four shot burst at his fellow recruit.

"I see how it his: an all out free-for-all," he thought himself.

TekkanRaas.jpg

I'm getting too old for this.

Rane Scando slowly gets to his feet, only slightly aware of the blaster fire coming his way. Shaking his head from side to side, the veteran bounty hunter walks over to the edge of the arena. The smoke was clearing around Patch Deftide now, but Scando was no longer in his line of fire. After a few seconds, Scando makes his to where Mike Attard was sitting, watching the fights.

"They'll do."

Patch saw Scando walk off to sit beside BHM. Patch got up and limped off to follow him, as he passed Tekken he said.

"Nice"

Patch stood in front of the seated Scando and BHM.

"Well what're our plans now?"

He dealt a casual smirk to his fellow recruit.

"You didn't do so bad yourself."

Seeing the continual trend, the young hunter followed in suit behind the recuit and the Rocket Man and joined the other senoir hunter in the private booth. While he walked in a straight line for the most part, he stumbled the last few steps as he shook his head back and forth trying to clear the cobb webs that now plagued his thoughts. "The Rocket Man got me good," he thought to himself, "I'll have to remember that move." He stood on the other side of his counter-part recuit in front of the two seated bounty hunter's, hopefully he'd eventually learn their names, but for now the nicknames would do. After hearing the young hunter's question...naturally Tekkan had to add his own input.

"Whatever it is I hope it's my favorite type of situation: suicidal with a small chance of success," he stated with a mischevious grin.

TekkanRaas.jpg