Rattatak

Darth Heretic

Mike was slightly taken aback by Tekkan's last comment.

"Wow, I suppose I should have checked your mental health before contacting you" Mike chuckled.

He reached into the bag from which Rane produced his gadgets and withdrew a pair of large envelopes, which were bulging from their contents, throwing them to the new recruits.

"In there you will find the history of our faction, information on myself and Rane, information on several factions who have been known to hire bounty hunters, and about 3000 credits"

Mike stood up from his seat and gathered up his things.

"Now, since we have ascertained your skills, we can now move to the next step of your induction. Equipment. Remember, even the infamous bounty hunter Boba Fett carried more weapons and gadgets than a small garrison of stormtroopers. These weapons and gadgets can often mean the difference between life and death. Armour, blasters, projectiles, melee weapons, trackers, sensors, all of these are essential. As you may have guessed, our next stop is the Galactic Gunshop. See you there."

With no further words, Mike spun on his heel and exited the cauldron, making his way to the Strike.

With speeches like that, it's no wonder Blastech approached me to be there spokesperson

He walked into the cockpit of the ship and sat in the conforming pilot seat, powering up the repulsors and lifting off, heading into orbit.

Once he cleared the grav well, he sent a short comm message to another location and engaged the hyperdrive.

Around him the stars flared into lines and swirled into the dizzying miasma that was hyperspace.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

Without a word, Rane Scando turns away and heads down a long tunnel leading away from the arena. Outside the Cauldron, the veteran bounty hunter mounts a rented speeder and takes off. After a short period, Scando reaches the Shadow Rider. Leaving the speeder behind for someone form the Cauldron to collect, Scando boards his new ship and heads straight to the controls. Moments later, the Shadow Rider lifts off and disappears into the night sky.

Patch left the cauldron and found his TIE Defender in the same spot he had left it. He boarded the small fighter and took off into space, headed for the galactic gunshop.

The young hunter only smiled further at the senior bounty hunter's words, he wasn't insane...well he was, but it was more about living for the thrill of adventure then anything. As the others around him did, Tekkan cooly turned around and began walking towards his ship, with his trenchcoat lightly swaying in the breeze as he left the Cauldron. Pressing a button on his gauntlet, the landing ramp lowered on his YT- 2000 and he boarded it, with the landing ramp rising as quickly as it lowered. He made his way to the the cockpit nestled between the two forward mandibles and sat down in the pilot's seat.

"Home away from home..." he said bringing the ship's engines to life.

With a bit of flair, he punched the ship's engines to full power and performed and twisting backwards loop to pull away from the landing bay and break out of the planet's atmosphere. With the push of a few buttons and the push of a lever, the stars became a blur on either side of the Harmatia as it rocketed into hyperspace.

The Bounty Hunting world's one man scourge

TekkanRaas.jpg

So between the flowers and steak I'm saying "I kill stuff for you. Please like me."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tatooine's Own, a heavily modified Corellian YT-2400 light freighter emerges out of hyperspace near the blood-colored planet called Rattatak.

A droid is at the controls.

In the freighter's hold, Rane Scando once again admires his own reflection shown on the cracked surface of a nearby bulkhead. The veteran bounty hunter had once again abandoned his usual Corellian attire, and was now clad in his customized silver and black armor. Tearing his eyes away, Scando turns to his companion ”“ Ronin Wartide ”“ and smiles malevolently. Wartide was smoking one of his little white cylinders, his weapons already ready. Impressed, Scando turns his attention to his electro-magnetic Pulse 2 Gun ”“ Scando removes the weapon's clip and puts a fresh charge in, then slings the weapon across his right shoulder and tightens the weapon's strap so clings tightly to his armored back. Scando then stocks his Merr-Sonn PLX portable missile launcher with fresh ammunition, adjusts the weapon's sight, and then slings it over his left shoulder. Scando then pulls a round device down from a nearby storage locker ”“ the device, a little knick-knack designed by Scando himself, finds a home on the back of Scando's utility belt. Lastly, Scando clips his custom RS-X blaster pistol and Golan Arms FC-1 to the sides of his utility belt. Turning back to Wartide, Scando suppresses a laugh.

We need to expand. Hopefully we will find a worthy individual on the surface.

With that, Scando heads for the controls.

As Tatooine's Own descends to the surface of Rattatak, the freighter's scanners pick up the two ships that had just arrived. Intrigued, Scando orders the droid at the controls to head in their direction.

*Ronin looked at the controls. He grinded his teeth a little, still upset that he wasn't in his own ship. Ronin threw down another Cigarette but and turned to Rane.*

"This planet sucks."

*Ronin chuckled and put his boots up on the panel, stuffing his hands in his pockets and playing with the assorted items. Ronin grinned and looked at his companion. This guy was a hell of a lot of fun...*

FinalRONIN.png

The first ship appears in the near distance ”“ the ship piloted by the individual known as Zara Nargal. Smiling malevolently, Rane Scando takes the controls over from the droid at his side, and powers up the freighter's heavy ion cannon. As the veteran bounty hunter licks his lips, the freighter's targeting computer gets a solid lock on the ship ”“ Scando turns to Wartide, nods, and returns his attention to the task at hand. One eye slightly closed, Scando pushes down on a button to his right ”“ a moment later, a brilliant blast of energy shoots forth and slams into ship piloted by Zara Nargal; the energy sweeps over the ship, momentarily disabling it. Next, Scando switches over to the forward laser cannons, and quickly takes aim. The first blast lances forth and rips though the engines of the ship piloted by Zara Nargal. The second and third blasts are also direct hits. A moment later, the ship piloted by Zara Nargal dies, and begins to fall rapidly to the ground below. As the ship piloted by Zara Nargal crashes, Scando circles the freighter around for a fly by. As the freighter flies overhead, Scando pushes several buttons to his left ”“ a moment later, a hatch opens above Wartide, and he is flung upwards. As Wartide falls towards the grounded ship once piloted by Zara Nargal, Scando pushes the freighter onwards, looking for the next target.

Feeling a bit more adventurous, Scando switches the weapons over from the laser cannons to the cluster rockets. As the freighter nears the ship piloted by the individual known as Mavrick, which had already landed, Scando's malevolent smile widens. His blood pumping, Scando fires a cluster rocket at the ship ”“ the cluster rocket hits the motionless ship, tearing the back end of it to pieces. Shaking his head from side to side, Scando pilots the freighter away, heading to the notorious fighting arena known as The Cauldron.

*Ronin went flying through the air with a flurry of obscenities from at least ten different languages. His red coat fluttered wildly in the wind as he headed toward the downed ship. Ronin's thick black boots hit the hull of the of the ship with a terrible thud and a crack as the hull dented under him. Ronin straightened his legs, wincing a little, having jammed his knees a little in the process. Ronin turned and looked at the ship in it's current form.*

"Barely worth stealing, damned Rane, we'll barely make any money off of this..."

*Ronin decided that he wasn't going to bother trying to keep the ship fairly intact for later sale, and slowly he walked over to the cockpit. Ronin dug around in his pocket, extracting cigarettes and a small charge. Ronin dropped the charge and stuffed a cigarette in his mouth, poking a button on the item with his boot. Ronin turned and ran with his lighter in his hand, striking the flint as the bomb exploded, tearing a hole in the hull of the ship and exposing the pilot to the outside. Ronin lit his cigarette and turned back to walk over to the entrance he had just created. Ronin looked down into the ship to confirm that there was a pilot before dropping another explosive device into the middle of the cockpit. Ronin took a long drag on his cigarette as the second charge exploded and the Pilot was blown out the side of the ship, landing face down in the mud, shirt sleeve on fire. Ronin blew smoke out the corners of his mouth as he jumped down from the ship and drew his guns. He moved slowly still. His coat blew in the wind and the red lenses of his glasses glimmered in the light. Ronin was always calm, never did he worry. It was never clear whether it was confidence or arrogance that made him so steady, but either way, he stood unflinching with his guns drawn and his sights dead on the injured pilot...*

FinalRONIN.png

As the ship takes not one, but two blows, kat was shaken up, and yelled out in surprise... and then the engines died...

"Ahhh crap..." Straight away, he looked over at the monitors, and saw they were blank... the blast had fried the ships power supply... Jumping out of his seat, he ran out to the back of the ship, and saw the damage... the power supply had totally fryed... immediately, he punched the alternate power supply, and ran back in to the cockpit...

"Sis, fire up the chemical engines... our mains are down..."

After a few seconds, the chemical engines on the ship roared to life and kat ran out again, to try and fix the other mains...

"Sis, start getting us out of here, im going to try and fix this..."

Kat.jpg

((Fine, I'll try this again.))

*Ronin went flying through the air with a flurry of obscenities from at least ten different languages. His red coat fluttered wildly in the wind as he headed toward the downed ship. Ronin's thick black boots hit the hull of the of the ship with a terrible thud and a crack as the hull dented under him. Ronin straightened his legs, wincing a little, having jammed his knees a little in the process. Ronin turned and looked at the ship in it's current form.*

"Barely worth stealing, damned Rane, we'll barely make any money off of this..."

*Ronin slid down the side as the engines fired again. Ronin went to the hatch and kicked it, trying to make the door open. Ronin shouted more obscenities as he pulled out one of his guns and put three bullets into the security panel, disabling the security lock and throwing the door open for him to enter. Ronin pulled out his guns and held them to either side, the door closing again behind him. Alone on an enemy ship with at least two unfriendlies. This was about to get interesting...*

FinalRONIN.png

((OOC: How do you know that there are two of us?))

IC:

Zara felt the first impact as they took a hit, catching her by surprise and causing her to hit her head on the panel infront of her. Blood dripped from fresh cuts above her eyes and she swore silently about not raising shields and belatedly does so... not that it would matter much as the second and third shots rocked their ship. Lights flickered all over the panels and she swore again as they went out.

"Sis, fire up the chemical engines... our mains are down..."

She quickly moved to follow her brother's instructions, starting up the chemical engines and strapping herself in yelling out to him as she did so”¦

”œBrace for impact Bro, we're going down!”

144JyIb.jpg

((OCC: Simple. You said right in your ship registry that this was designed to handle two people comfortably, something rare for such a small ship. When Ronin barges in and notices this he'd either assume that there are at least two pilots, or the ship is wheel chair accessible. Either way, he'd be on his guard.))

*Ronin held out his guns and looked to both Sides.*

"Not particularly active defenders are they?"

*Ronin lowered his guns and walked coolly through the ship. Obviously they didn't think highly enough of him to come out and greet him. Ronin started to lean toward the Paraplegic theory, and that maybe the owner of the ship was just somebody in a wheel chair instead of two people, explaining his lack of a proper greeting. Ronin's theory went back toward the two owners as he walked through the ship. He heard footsteps, voices, and he felt a violent jerk as the engines kicked back on. Ronin slipped slightly, but didn't fall. One of his pockets fell open, spewing forth the contents on the floor. Ronin looked at them nonchalantly, but did not bother to pick them up. The Pirate put one of his guns away and used the free hand to reach in his pocket and extract another cigarette. He placed the long cylinder in his mouth, then held the barrel of his gun to the tip, firing off a round and igniting the end of the cigarette with the charge. Ronin chuckled as a piece of the ceiling drifted down and landed on the ground. He took a long drag on his cigarette and blew smoke at a nearby doorway, hearing light footsteps on the other side. Though he couldn't be certain, based on the beat of the footsteps and the tone of the clank he assumed it was a woman. His suspicion was confirmed when he heard her muffled voice through the door.

Ronin took another long drag on his cigarette, pulling the smoke into his lungs and holding it for several seconds, then blowing it out his nostrils. This was his time. Soon he would commit sins that would guarantee him the end of eternal damnation. Ronin's wasn't a life of good intentions and bad methods. It was plainly a life dark and evil plans and damn good methods of achieving them. Ronin walked forward, time seeming to slow down in anticipation of what he was going to do. The door slid open and Ronin stepped through, just beyond him the two owners of the ship. Ronin's cigarette tip glow softly red as he breathed in, a small sphere dropping to the ground, a red light on at the top. With one quick thrust of his leg the Pirate kicked the sphere into the cockpit, bouncing off the control panel and gaining their attention. Ronin watched and waited for the two in the front of the ship to realize that it was, in fact, a thermal detonator Ronin had just kicked into the room. He watched, gun drawn, and waited...*

((OCC: If you're trying to bore me into just giving up you're doing a damn good job of it, but I'll warn you now that tactic only makes me want to win more. In short, POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST!!!!))

FinalRONIN.png

((OOC: Don't be so darn impatient))

Hearing the clink of a metal object hit the floor Zar spun round, unclipping her harness and drawing her blaster with her right hand in a smooth and graceful movement as she turned and faced the intruder, glancing at the floor and seeing the thermal detonator he had thrown there before her steel grey, stormy eyes met his. Defiance was clear on her face as she stood pointing her blaster at him, noticing his weapon trained on her but determined that if they were going to die, so would he.

Not knowing just how long they might have before the detonator went off, or if there was a way of neutralising it, Zar attempted to give Kat some time to do something, anything, by trying to get the intruder's attention to focus on her. Shifting her weight to left leg, placing her left hand on her hip, her right hand pointing the blaster at his crotch and with sarcasm dripping from her lips she eyed the man up and down and spoke:

”œI don't believe I caught your name, you're not on our guest list for today”¦ Do you always show up unannounced? If we'd have known you were coming we would have organised a welcoming party. Or would you have preferred a private ordinance?”

144JyIb.jpg

((I have been told you want me to post... time for some fun...))

Kat simply picked up the thermal detonator, and walked out slowly towards ronin...

"Shoot me, and she will kill you... I hope you have a way of turning this thing off, or we are all going to die... Its in your hands, do we all die, or do we all live?" As he slowly paced his way towards the man, he kept his hands where they could be seen, holding the thermal detonator in front of him.

Kat.jpg

*Ronin kind of chuckled. Mind games eh? Ronin would love nothing more than to play.*

"You must ask yourself, though, if I mind getting blown up? And even if I do, would I be talented enough to escape the wreck, as I could feasibly take cover from this distance? And more pressing, do I really know a way to deactivate it? But most worrisome of all- how much time is left until it detonates?"

*Roning grinned smugly. Curious to see the man's next move, Ronin watched with intent. What would he do in the face of mortal danger?*

FinalRONIN.png

"Well, if i really was that worried about dieing, would i have just picked up a thermal detonator, that was activated? As for the thought of you taking cover, my lovely sister would be quite happy to blast you im sure, at the slightest movement. Should you escape that, im sure my arm would be strong enough to lob this lovely device a little closer to you...

I dont think you are stupid enough to use something that can backfire on you totally, so im thinking you will have some way of deactivating it... if you dont, we are all dead... ohhh, and as for time, whatever time we have left is ticking away..." As kat said this, he stopped just out of arms length of this man, slightly to the side so his sister still had a clear shot...

"Got a spare cigarette?"

((edited, i said nahstaa instead of kat))

Kat.jpg

*Ronin smiles a little. He was really beginning to like this guy. His eyes trailed off a little, his head tilting down and his gun lowing slightly.*

"Ya'know, I didn't think you had it in you."

*Ronin's head jerked back up and his arm straightened, and he let off two at blazing speed, the blasts so close together that it at first sounded like he had only shot once. The first tagged the girl's pistol, knocking it out of her hand and onto the floor. The second went into the detonator at a very shallow angle, embedding in the timing device and defusing it before the device went off. Ronin put his gun to his side, watching as the two tried to gather all of what had just happened. He pulled out his pack of cigarettes and shook it, pulling one half way out. He held it out in front of him, offering it to the Man.*

"What's yer name- Son?"

FinalRONIN.png

Kat jumped, but not to far, and landed straight away, looking at him... when he realised he wasnt about to get shot straight away, he relaxed a little, and a grin spread across his face... he took a cigarette, stuck it in his mouth and pulled a small blow torch out of his belt, igniting it with a click of a button and lighting his cigarette off of it... he put it back, and pulled out his pistol, yet left it pointing at the floor

"My name is kat, and my sisters is zara... Now please, tell me what your name is, and why the hell i shouldnt put a shot through your head?" He flashed a grin at this man... he really needed to install some laser traps on the ship... he stood there, his senses still on full alert, not relaxed for a second...

Kat.jpg

*Ronin's laugh came out hard and dark at Zara's comment. Mysterious, strong, grim, and with a sense of humor. He was liking her just as much as her brother. His gun lowered fully and he shoved the cigarettes back in his pocket.*

"The name is Ronin Wartide- Pirate. And you shouldn't try, because in the time it'd take you to get a shot off I could put another bullet in that thermal detonator, killing us both out of spite."

FinalRONIN.png

*Ronin cocked his head slightly.*

"You know- that's awful presumptuous. Maybe I should be waiting for you to explain to me why I shouldn't kill you. But- for the sake of being a good guest, I'll put it on the record that I don't particularly have any desire to kill you. Not anymore anyway..."

*Ronin pulled the cigarette out of his mouth and tapped the ash off the end, the replaced it and took another long drag.*

FinalRONIN.png

Seeing him put his gun away, Zara let her grin widen, amusement now sparking in her eyes.

"Yeah... thanks"

Zara backed up slightly, and leant against the control panel, crossing her arms infront of her.

"Now what? Seems to me we have a stalemate... Your mate's taken off leaving you here and we've a damaged ship. Looks like we're stuck here for the moment... at least until my magician of a brother gets us going again."

144JyIb.jpg