Rattatak

Darth Heretic

((OOC no))

IC: *When his shields suddenly drop, Exion lets loose with turbo rifle fire. The sky becomes a river of flashing lights, more than a few beams rend the young space pirate to pieces as the explosive tipped shells hit home.

His right hand hits a button and the cockpit launches up into the sky. The Vixen Ray blew apart as Vandren's grenades went off causing the ships own ordinance to blast sky high, a very awe striking spectacle to be seen on a planet of war. After a moment the cockpit turned escape pod falls down and lands on top of the flesh pile that once was called Luthis.

Shalash hops out and examines his work with a giggle. He steps up to the rear of the pod and taps a control dial, a moment later a small box on wheels detaches and rolls over to the pirate ship. Exion hits another dial and a speeder bike detaches as well and after a brief inspection to make sure it was in nominal condition, Shalash throws himself on board and zooms off to find a new ride.

The rolling box makes a path around the enemy craft dropping high powered directional mines all around the bottom of the ship. As it completes the circle each mine explodes in the order they were dropped each blast hitting the ships exposed hull. The first half of the mines blew the shields, but this didn't stop the rest of the mines form exploding, in fact the next half made the ship into just once more piece of rubble on the battle ridden landscape of Rattatak.*

So life is cruel let it not be unfortunate... Let it be an experience...

*Geki, after a few hours enquiring, and a few more hours of hyperspace travel, arrives at Ratattak and proceeds to the coordinates his contact has given him. After a few minutes searching he notices signs of a recent struggle, and a large pile of boulders and metallic detritus. Activating his precision sensors, he discovers a single life form alive beneath the rubble. He lands and disembarks from the ship, thinking how best to remove the rubble and discern whether or not the life form is his mark. Eventually he gives in, and decides to use the Force despite its unpredictability.

*Concentrating, he reaches out with his tenuous Force abilities, and slowly begins to move the boulders aside. His telekinetic ability holds out long enough, and with a tremendous amount of effort, he hurls the last boulder aside. Blood pours from his nose and Geki is forced to rest for a minute and compose himself/ When he has sufficiently recovered, the bounty hunter walks to the unconscious life form, and verifies that it is, indeed, Luthis Vandren, his target. Geki has never killed an unconscious target before. But a job is a job.*

*Comm to Wyhl*

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

*The cockpit that had been jettisoned was sitting about 3 feet away from the bounty hunter and the pirate. One of the monitors inside the ship flickered on and a large yellow smiling face could be seen, with a small number 5 in its right eye. 4. 3. 2. 1.

The explosion the equivalent size of a large pack of thermo detonators going off rocked the landscape, vaporizing Luthis in the heat waves as he had no time to react from the explosion, Jidai Geki however was just tossed backwards out of the damage area by the shock wave of the explosion.

A comm went to the Hutt Clan.*

She smiled at Rane. "You forget SWEETHEART, I have seen you out of that little outfit you claim to be your body and face. You are quite good looking, and I am to get you out of that little outfit again sooner or later. Wear you little outfit if you want then."

She stood there and waited for what was to come next.

Reagan.jpg

Rane Scando pilots his ship to the Cauldron, and lands. The mercenary leads his companion to a booth overlooking the underground arena. Here the mercenary begins to remove his various weapons ”“ he does so until he is armed solely with his stun baton. The mercenary then heads to the arena.

*As the Nevalkyrion makes a dip onto the planet's surface Naraco see's 3 ojects on the planet's surface. Looking closer he see's that there are 2 ships there. Not liking what he see's and knowing he couldn't beat two starships. Naraco went back into space. Drifting in orbit around Rattatak Naraco thought about his choice's. Deciding his worst choice would be to hang around waiting to be slagged. As Naraco clears an asteroid field he realizes he had made a grave mistake... He had Ran*

"Sparks set a course for the smuggler's moon. I have some business with Warren and Gero"

*Looking into the nothingness that is space Naraco realized how much he had been wrong leaving The Smuggler's Moon, at the time he had thought it was common sense now he saw it was weakness. As Normal Space became streaks Naraco nodded off inside his ship as it headed towards the smuggler's moon at light speed.*

945477-Narcielcopy.jpg

Valiant Command: Chapter 3: Ghosts of the Past in Fan Fiction now!

Reagan follows him to the arena, and watches as he unarms and only keeps the stun baton. "Well, that is nice of you. Yet that is not going to do me much good now is it. Stun batons will not really effect your armor. But...I'll be fair and fight you with the same."

Reagan takes out her blasters and the few other goodies she keeps with her for good luck and takes up a stun baton as well. I have a feeling that this is going to be a short fight. Damn men. Oh, well, we shall see. She thought to herself. She stood and watched his next move.

Reagan.jpg

A small device on the side of Rane Scando's helmet swiveled around, giving the mercenary a full view of the arena. They were not the only combatants today ”“ several large, hairy creatures battled a pair of armored droids at the far end of the arena. As the spectators cheered on the hairy creatures, Rane Scando focused all of his attention on the beautiful woman before him. She had put a dent in his pride earlier, breaking her bonds and overtaking him in his own ship. The mercenary greatly admired her.

"I'll set mine to the lowest setting. You set your to the highest. You're a woman, and you've been around. I bet you know where to hurt a man."

Rane Scando began to circle Reagan McGreggor, his stun baton held out. He stood barely a meter away from the beautiful woman. After a moment, he faked an attack to her right and lunged at her left side. The mercenary brought the stun baton around and jabbed at her ”“ the blow landed on her left thigh.

Reagan watched as he circled her, and moved as he swung the baton, she didn't move quite fast enough and caught it on her thigh. She reached down with one hand and rubbed her thigh, still holding the stun baton with the other. Ouch, that is gonna leave a mark.

Swinging the baton, she missed then spun around and caught him in the shoulder. As she moved back from him, she came down to her knees and brought the stun baton to the back of his knees. Grabbing his ankles, she pulled him down face first onto the ground with her.

Rolling on her side, she used her arms and pushed off the ground to flip and land some feet behind him. She stood there and waited for him to get up.

Reagan.jpg

Using his elbow, Rane Scando hits a button on the side of his jetpack. At once, the mercenary is shooting up to the top of the cavernous arena. After spinning around in a circle, the mercenary dives back down at an alarming speed, stun baton held out. Crashing into her, the mercenary brings his weapon up to her chest ”“ sending waves of electricity into her being. He then uses his feet to lift off and is again in the air ”“ this time, carrying Reagan McGreggor with him.

*CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP...*

Most impressive, however do you realize there is money to be made.

*Shalash had apparently and easily snuck up on the two brawling. He reached into his coat and held up as small device.*

Bekka comms any bounty hunter or mercenary not already engaged here. Letting them know that 26 million credits is on Dagobah and it is theirs minus Whyl's 10%. She gives them the details and ends the comm.

Do you still want to roll around or shall we get some money?

Rane brings them down and drops Reagan a few feet from the ground. She lands uncermoniously on her stomach and leans up on her elbows. "Hrmphh".

Pushing a lock of red curls out of her face, she listens to the new guy.

"Far be it from me to stand in your way of money, hell you can even use my ship if you want. I'll still be here to fight when you get back."

Reagan.jpg

"I received a message from Tatooine a short time ago concerning that bounty. As it seems, a battle is going on right now. The Empire and the Jedi are going at it at Dagobah. The Hutts are also in the mix. I'm not going to head out just yet. I'm going to wait for Mike and Geki here. If things turn sloppy on Dagobah, the Hutts will be even more willing to shell out big credits. When that happens, I'll head out."

Rane Scando presses a button on the control unit strapped to his wrist. The Damned One, Scando's Corellian freighter, lifts off and rockets to the landing area directly outside the arena's main entrance.

"Yeah, I did want to speak with you. It was my understanding that you would be joining us. I don't know how much you know, but we're the best. We're made up of the best bounty hunters and mercenaries out there ”“ technically, we're not unlike the old guild you used to be in. We work as a team for the most part, and we share our wealth. We're the best."

Scando glances at Reagan McGreggor, and then returns his attention to Jidai geki.

"Right now we're on a loose contract with the Hutts ”“ we assassinate their enemies, we fight their wars, and then we take their credits. As we speak, a battle rages on elsewhere. The Dagobah system. Lots of money to be made, so how about it?"

Still laying in the groups, perched up on her elbows, she again pushes the red hair out of her eyes. One day I am so going to get this hair cut. Raising her eyebrow, "Me, I just the girl getting her ass beat by a guy wearing Armor and using a stun baton. Not to fear."

With Rane distracted for a moment with Jedai Geki, she took her leg and swiped it through his legs, bringing him face down on the ground with her. She looked over at him and smiled, lifter her eyebrows. "Right?"

Reagan.jpg

She's a smuggler. She can get a bit excited from time to time, just ignore her. We should head out now, before the Imperials have all the Jedi rounded up. I'm sure the Hutts will pay big for a Jedi or two.

Rane Scando leads his companions out of the arena and out into the open day. Scando's ship, the Damned One, rests but a few paces away. Scando turns to Reagan McGreggor, and nods for her to board the Damned One. Scando then turns to Jidai Geki.

"One of our companions, Shalash Exion, should already be there. Another member of our time is working another bounty for the Hutts right now. We'll meet you at Dagobah."

Rane Scando boards the Damned One, and heads straight to the controls. After a few moments, the ship lifts off the ground and rockets away from the surface of Rattatak. In space, the Damned One is joined by three other ships ”“ mercenary ships. They all head into hyperspace at the same time.

Corban's ship burst out of hyperspace just before skimming the surface of the atmosphere. He had found out the hard way that the tracking systemas had to be shut down in order for the hyperdrive to have enough power to generate an exit window out of hyperspace.

After a few minutes of sweating, he finally turned back on the tracking systems, and they immediately showed three ships or so(the system was a slightly older model) Blasted off in the vicinity of coruscant or dagobah.

Due to the high concentration of ions that the hyperdrives left( the only way to prevent these is with a special type of filter) they left not too long ago, say a few days. The other ions were too old to be of any significance.

Well, Coruscant would be a b**** to search, but Dagobah is hardly habitable, so I guess I go to coruscant next.

The ship took off again, opening a hyperspace window and leaving the system.

Mess with me and say good-bye to your bank accounts. The king of all hackers is back.

*The Nevalkyrion came out of hyperspace, Naraco Ingo, the ship's pilot looked down at the barren wasteland that was Rattatak. Activating his ships sensors Naraco searched for the largest concentration of heat signals. Naraco dropped into the planet's atmosphere and skimmed close to the ground. Naraco's sensors started to beep as Naraco saw what he was looking for, The Bowl.

Landing his ship Naraco cursed as he found evidence of the leaving of a large body of people and starships. Naraco went towards the center of the vast stadium. Suddenly Naraco looked up and just admired the stars. The vastness of space never ceased to amaze.*

945477-Narcielcopy.jpg

*Vincent looked up into the cool air. It was a nice Day. It was quiet. It was more than pleasant for him. He sat semi-meditative state. He was waiting. It was coming. Some event was going to change his life very soon. He knew when it would happen, but he knew not the depth of it. He waited. He might have been force sensitive, he didn't know, frankly he didn't care and didn't even want to find out. He just knew he got good and bad and sort of neutral feelings. It was coming. He could tell. He knew that it was coming. He knew that something was going to happen in this next fight. It was coming, and it was big.*

Reagan brought the ship out of hyperspace, and landed on the planet. She called for the med droids, and as she opened the hatch, they ran up into the ship and took the bacta bath containing Rane out of the ship.

After locking down the ship, she followed the med droids to the med suite and waited for rane. She spoke to the staff, and was assured that they could repair him almost to his normal self with only minor scars. After being told by the droids that it would take a few days, and that she should leave, they finally realized that she was not going anywhere until she knew he was okay when she pulled out her blaster and pointed it in the droids face.

She took up a seat next to the bacta tank and waited.

Reagan.jpg

*Naraco's star gazing was interrupted by the form of a starship going through the sky, the sharship landed on Rattatak and a women and several droids hustled out of the ship holding a blackened form.

Naraco's interest peaked, as the group went into the corridors of the bowl Naraco followed. The group entered one of the prime areas to watch the battles going on in the bowl. Naraco hid behind a pillar as the droids left the room. Once they had went down the hallway Naraco entered the room to see a man in a bacta tank, he had several burns all over his body and was missing an arm.

Naraco looked around the room to see the woman in a chair beside the bacta tank. Speaking quietly to the woman Naraco asked*

"Who is he?"

945477-Narcielcopy.jpg

From the edge of the arena, several strange beings watch the various battles and fights going on. These beings are short, and clad from head to toe in blood-stained garments. They chatter amongst themselves as they watch the various fights ”“ one points eagerly when a tall Wookiee combatant is cut in half by a battered droid. As the remains of the Wookiee fall to the ground, a service droid enters the arena and cleans up the mess ”“ the service droid brings the remains to the strange beings. One of the beings, the one who pointed eagerly when the Wookiee was killed, begins to poke and prod at the remains; after a few moments, the being sighs with disappointment and gestures for the service droid to take the remains away. The strange beings then return their attention to the various fights.

Elsewhere, a thin Rodian chats away into a communicator as he watches several medical droids haul away the burnt body of Rane Scando. Outside the medical unit, the Rodian describes in detail what he is watching to the person on the other end of the communicator. After several minutes, the Rodian turns away from the medical unit and goes in search of the power station for that area. A few minutes after that, the power is cut to all medical units.

The strange beings make short work of the medical droids, and soon carry the body of Rane Scando away. They leave the unconscious bodies of Reagan McGreggor and her companion behind. They take Rane Scando underground ”“ far beneath the cavernous arena. When they reach their destination, they strap Rane Scando to a blood-stained table and go to work. They attach tubes. They remove organs. They attach new skin. They remove his good arm. They attach a strange mechanical limb. They remove the stump of his other arm. They attach another strange mechanical limb. They work for hours on the body of Rane Scando ”“ adding this, removing that. The strange beings pay particular attention to Rane Scando's brain, which they fiddle with enthusiastically. After a long time, the strange beings dig around in a pile next to the table ”“ a pile of broken bodies and damaged droids. There they find several pieces of strange armor which they attach to the new Rane Scando.

After they finished, the strange beings crowd around the table, admiring their creation. One of them eagerly raps on Rane Scando's head ”“ his head, now permanently encased in a strange helmet.

Rane Scando awakens.

In one quick movement, Rane Scando breaks his bonds and swings his arm around at the strange beings. The force of the blow sends several of them crashing against a nearby wall. Rane Scando then rises from the table and attacks the rest of the strange beings. He attacks them with shards of metal. He attacks them with piece of tube. Finally, he attacks them with his new hands. After ripping them apart, Rane Scando turns to a nearby flight of stairs. He climbs the stairs, and finds himself at the edge of the above arena.

Far below, more strange beings emerge. They immediately begin experimenting on their dead companions.