Corellia

Darth Jade

At the mention of Skye's comm, Tares thought about the whole situation she found herself in. Without any word about either of her children besides Krishna, he knew she would be wanting her children back. The biggest question was how much she would have to fight... if that was even an option anymore, to get her children back. Seperation from a powerful being was never an easy thing. At the very least, the comm indicated that Skye was up and active again.

Considering Fynn's questions before and after the comm, Tares thought for a moment. The work of the thing was atleast done by something big and skilled, or atleast too out of control to be able to cause so much destruction and death, "I believe it was a rather large creature, obviously capable of carrying a bladed weapon. The damage done either suggests a creature of an uncontrolled power, or simply an unintelligent creature smashing and bashing about. The reason might just be for the thrill of kill, especially if this creature has the intelligence of an animal." Tares said as he continued to examine the feeling of the Force around him.

"Beyond being two major events, what happend on here and on Mon Calamari doesn't provide any obvious connections. This here was a secluded attack, not involving an entire population. Still, connections might exist on deeper levels...."

tares.jpg

When finally at the public transport, Niv faltered. She could barely stand to look at the mangled heaps of flesh that once were children. It took all of her will to persevere. She repeatedly reminded herself that the only way she could help the poor little victims now was continue scanning. She prayed that she'd uncover something, anything, that might help them start to understand what happened and why it happened. Anything that would lead to the identification and eventual capture of such a remorseless beast.

She glanced over at the Jedi, at Fynn. Niv desperately hoped one of them had found something, then set back to her grisly work. A complete scan of the transport, it's occupants and the surrounding carnage rendered only human DNA. Nivana felt utterly defeated. She sighed and decided to rescan the path of destruction again, then spiral away from the main scene to scan the outlying evidence and remains. She'd do it again, even if it meant she had to remain behind.

She turned abruptly to give the scene another visual survey. As she did, her training saber slipped from her belt, fell, rolled a few inches away and came to a lazy halt. Niv moved over to it, crouched down and was about to scoop her weapon up when she noticed something, a very faint stain, that the lightsaber seemed to be pointing at. She crouched closer and the stain became more prominant. Niv stood and looked down. The stain appeared to vanish. She squatted down again, tilted her head a bit, and the slight discoloration became visible. "Hmm." she said quietly. The stain was only visible if viewed it from a certain angle. It'd probably been overlooked, so she scanned the illusory substance.

After a few minutes, the scan revealed that the substance was not human DNA. She couldn't make out what it was. Not wanting to get her hopes up, Niv wondered if perhaps the scanner was malfunctioning. She scanned the stain again. It offered up the same results. Niv stood, left the training saber where it was so as not to lose track of the substance. "Could someone bring another scanner!" she called to anyone within hearing range. "I think I may have found something...but I need a second opinion."

"If you're heading to Yavin, you might need some help. Last time I went there..." Brad paused for a second as he recalled the terror he experienced because of his trip to Yavin. His master was ripped to shreds by strange creatures while he witnessed just before he was transported through hell, or something like it, back to Coruscant.

Those events still troubled Brad's mind, for he had been unable to truly sense the evil behind them, and he hoped his skills now would be able to. "If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to come as well. If something of Kyp has been left in one peice I'd like to gather it and have a proper burial for him."

Brad waited for Fynn's response, however he heard the sounds of Fynn's apprentice calling. He walked over towards where she stood, Artoo-Deseven trailing behind him. "What have you found?" he asked. If she had found something useful, Artoo's scanners would be better than any portable one's in his opinion.

WarrenEdit.jpg

-- Another encrypted comm comes in for Fynn. --

Fynn,

It's ok that you can't make it to Yavin. Darex is going to go by there on his way here so will pick up Amon for me then. I'm looking forward to seeing you all again and am sure that Tares will bring you and Darla back with him when he returns here.

Love Skye

-- end comm --

SkyeOrgana.jpg

She used the back of her forearm to brush stray locks of hair from her face before answering Brad with a humorless smile. "I have no idea what I've found." Nivana crouched down and pointed out the nearly invisible substance. "Checked it out. Twice. Results were the same. Whatever it is...my scans determined that it isn't from any human. Don't know what it is."

She stood again. "Of course, I am new to this. A second, or even third opinion would be greatly appreciated." Niv glanced around the immediate area, wondering if further traces of the translucent matter was spread about the site. She kept her hopes under control, constantly reassured herself that the stuff was most likely nothing important. She suddenly scooped up her training saber and looked at Brad's droid, "It's all yours."

Fynn turned aside to send a message to Master Skye. As he finished he felt a small buzzing coming from his utility belt. Reaching down, he pulled out a small triangular device. The sides of the device glowed a faint blue. "What on..." Fynn said as he realized what was happening. Turning back to see Nivana, he spotted her and Brad looking at some strange substance. Back away from that substance quickly!, shouting through the force Fynn made his warning clear. Without a moment to lose Fynn moved with alarming speed to the two young jedi.

"Radiation...that sludge is radioactive." Fynn said as he guided the two jedi away from it. He retrieved two small pills from a small pouch and handed it the to both of them. "Here, take these, it will combat the effects of the raditiation. Its very odd, I would have thought the radiation would have set of an alarm earlier then this." Fynn said as he rubbed his chin. "Good work Nivana, whatever that stuff is, it is most certainly connected to what happened here..." Fynn said as he continued. "Brad, see if your little droid there can do a full analysis and collect a sample but be careful, you'll need a lead container."

He returned with Nivana to where Darla and Tares stood. "I don't think there is much else here to discover. I hate to leave a mystery open, but unless you think were missing something, I suggest we report our findings, and let the hazmat crew clean up." Fynn didn't like the idea of staying in potential radioactive area without anything to gain by it.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

"Yes...yes." Nivana said quietly after taking the pill Fynn offered. "I agree. I think we should leave now."

While she was happy to have finally contributed something to the investigation, the feeling hadn't lasted long. She'd witnessed strange and disturbing things since leaving Coruscant, and felt that it was all finally getting to her. The exposure to radioactive matter was apparently the final straw. Niv suddenly felt overwhelmed by everything. She tried to conceal her feelings. Noting the unruffled calm exhibited by the Jedi, Niv did not want to be viewed as a weakling in their eyes.

She drew in a deep breath in order to smooth out her unsettled emotions then recited the Jedi Code in her mind. A few heartbeats later, Nivana calmed considerably and was eager to hear any theories or insights that her superiors might have to offer.

As Talon read, he became dimly aware of the presence of several other Jedi in the area”¦ most specifically Darla. It was no doubt the investigative commission sent to look into the recent happenings, but as he was here on other business, there was no need to contact them and present other distractions. So instead he turned back to the old book in his hand.

The old-fashioned book was bound in a hard leather jacket, but was dilapidated, and it barely held together. The Jedi Master had found it in one of the older rooms of the Jedi Library on Coruscant, actually quite by accident. At any rate, most of the information within was, while perhaps entertaining, very close to rubbish. It described glorious, ancient civilizations and cultures that were now very much extinct, presented ancient star-maps and hyperspace routes, depicted primeval forms of combat, and the like. While most of the information was today irrelevant, there was one bit that was quite valuable to Talon. In one of the later chapters regarding ancient civilizations, there was a reference to a secretive, hidden chamber buried beneath the sands of Ossus. This passage originally sparked very deep interest with Talon, and now he was reviewing it, looking for more detail on the matter”¦

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

Jace charged the Sith Lord with a rather embarrassing attack. The boy's lack of battle experience because obvious as he leapt at Marcellus with the saber held above his head with both hands. Smiling Lord Maultros manipulated the force into aiding his movements and sidestepped the downward slash, as he did this the Sith Lord spun and swung his own saber to at Jace's neck.

I could kill this boy right now”¦ but I can feel his anger, I know that one day he will be a powerful Sith.

Lord Maultros brought the blade of the saber to a halt inches from the neck of the boy that he was planning on taking on as his apprentice. Force pushing Jace away from him, Marcellus sent the boy flying to the ground just feet from him. As the dust settled around him Marcellus reached out through the force and grabbed three decent size stones and threw them at Jace. The boy would need to use the lightsaber to protect himself; because there was no way that the Sith Lord was going to miss.

”œCome on boy”¦ show me your worth.”

jpg0ze.jpg

Brad retrieved a lead container from the crews in the area, realizing he'd be able to retrieve a sample the safest. He closed his eyes, calling the Force to him, and manipulated the lead container towards the sample. Focusing on whatever spotted the ground, he managed to grasp a bit and moved it into the lead container. With that done, he manipulated the container to the nearest hazmat crew.

"I don't think we've missed anyting concerning this investigation here, Fynn," Brad said. He still felt a darkness egging at the back of his mind, however. "I still believe that a Sith or a Dark Jedi is nearby. I still feel the presence I felt as I arrived. If you think we're done though we should leave."

WarrenEdit.jpg

The auto-pilot of the lone A-wing brought the ship down gracefully through the atmosphere of Corellia... or as gracefully as sentient program composed of artificial intelligence could. Activating his sensor array, the rogue Jedi switched the controls over to manual and brought the ship around in a high arc through the atmosphere; the Knight's hazey-gray eyes focusing intently on the blip that he was tracking on his display screen. Ignoring the urban high life areas, the starfighter instead moved in the direction of a more remote sector of the planet.

When he finally neared himself within a mile of his destination, Andon Colos landed his ship and exited from it. Deft hands moved across the control consule and the A-wing once again rose into the air and flew onward to a more secluded area for safe keeping... leaving Andon to hoof it the last leg of his journey. Stiff joints cracked and tendons snapped back into place as he made his trek across the mountain-esque terrain. The exercise brough much needed life back into his sore body after such a long flight and after a little while he reached what he was searching for, though it wasn't so much a "what" as it was a "who".

With a contented look on his face, Talon Flick sat comfortably reading a book as he waited for his comrade to show... the crunch of gravel underneath Andon's boot finally causing the Jedi Master to look up at the arrival. A small smirk crept across Talon's face, one that could easily be deciphered as saying "I sensed you from a star system away." Andon Colos' facial expression was just as easily readable... in fact, you could almost hear his sly smirk saying "I don't remember hiding."

With a bow of his head, the heretic Jedi finally decided to speak.

"Let's see. Old book... time to read... Talon smiling; I can only imagine the danger and opportunity for thrilling heroics that awaits."

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

"We have seen many terrible things in many terrible places... I'm kinda hurt to think that you believe that I can actually be killed."

He half-chuckled at his own arrogance as he lowered the hood of his black cloak; joking or not, such a claim was a stretch even for the infamous Jedi of Naboo. Slowly the Knight walked over to the fire Talon had going, his supplies spread out in front of the make-shift hearth as if he were preparing to make something to eat. Kneeling down, Andon began rummaging through his supplies and evaluating the different meal combinations that could be made; the Jedi noting the boiling water and opting to make a stew of different meats and vegetables. For all of his skills with a blade and piloting a starfighter, none recognized that Andon Colos had a hidden talent for cooking.

"It's good to see you made it out of the Coruscant fiasco in well enough shape," Andon said between his preparations of the meal, "I would have checked in on the Jedi earlier and let everyone know I was alright, but it was too dangerous. I had to drop off the radar for a while... it was too risky to let anyone know where I was, even the Jedi."

He let his last sentence hang in the air as he continued cooking in silence. The one advantage of being in the Order for so long was the fact that you weren't expected to be overly talkative, even amongst your peers, and both took the opportunity to reflect until their meal was ready some time latter. Pouring some of the stew in a bowl he tasted it, noting it tasted much better than one would think for being made from insta-cook materials over a campfire. Pouring another bowl he walked over to Talon and handed it to him.

"I didn't exactly have the freshest ingredients to work with, but it works well enough for me."

Andon didn't remember the last time he had eaten... it'd been days, if not longer; strangely he didn't feel the need for food as often as he did before. He could have gone longer without eating, but it was never wise to pass up a meal opportunity when you have no idea where the next day will take you. After a few minues the ad-libbed dinner was done, both of them passing on seconds; both warriors only eating enough to sate hunger for they learned a long time ago that a full stomach slows you down. Besides, no need to be greedy, if I'm hungry then there's a good chance... The Jedi Knight decided that he would have to put some of the left over stew in a thermal container and take it with him for later.

"We both know that the Council has always been concerned about my methods and state of mind... for as long as I can remember. My disappearance has only fueled said concerns... no change has taken place in that regard."

He exhaled slowly through his nostrils.

"Many things are different for me now... since I returned back to this plane the world is far from what I remember it being. I'm not sure if my view of it has become blurred or if I'm finally seeing it for the first time. I'm not the same Jedi... you and Ara can account for that remark by merely gazing at the reflection my Force presence casts. Many Jedi wouldn't be able to comprehend what happened to me, so keeping my distance from the Jedi Temple was my only option. We are in turmoil as it is: the others did not need a Council member they couldn't fully trust would do the right thing."

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Marcellus was certainly right about one thing--the handling a lightsaber was nothing like wielding a sword. However, that made no difference to Jace Vittor, who had no experience with swords and only basic knowledge in knife-fighting. Handling an all-searing blade of pure energy was slightly out of the range of his expertise, made very apparent by his first attack.

His abductor seemed content to not kill him on the spot and toy with Vittor. So for the second time, the ex-convict picked himself off the ground and began to take off his trench coat, as it was interfering with his movement. He was about to take off the right sleeve and let it fall to the ground when his opponent flicked a number of stones towards his body with his thoughts alone. Cursing a blue streak, Jace whipped the blade about and sliced two of the stones with a nigh-miraculous slash.

The third was intercepted by his coat, which was swung about by the movement of his arm. The projectile got tangled up in the heavy leather... but the coat's momentum caused it to stray into the crimson blade, which promptly sliced through the tough leather like wet tissue paper and completely ruined it.

Vittor scowled as half of the coat fell to the ground before him, and glared at Marcellus. "Dammit, don't call me boy!" He began to advance towards him, not particularly eager to make his first mistake again but craving to kill him.

The mission seemed to be over and although their findings had proven to be somewhat inconclusive Darla was excited at he prospect of seeing Skye again. Darla had kept relatively quiet and calm whilst on Correllia, but upon recieving Skye's comms she had been overfilled with joy. A joy that bubbled just beneath the surface, not clear on her cool exterior, but to anyone force sensitive her joy was apparent.

The scenes they had witnessed on Corriella ha sickened Darla. Whatever had happened was truely horrific. But the dark feelings had been pushed away by the thought of seeing Skye and Shy-Ree. Darla could hardly believe that the young woman whom she had last seen at the sith academy. It had shocked her that Shy-Ree had not come with her when she had offered her an escape from the academy. But it was Shy-Ree's choice and Darla had to respect that. Darla wondered who the father was.

She was happy that the force had brought the joy of new life to the young woman's life. Darla really wanted to ge back to her friends. It had been so long since she had seen either of them.

Darla turned to Fynn, Tares and Brad.

"I don't think there's much else here for us. Let's take the information to the council then head to see Skye. It's been so long since Ive seen her. It'll be nice to catch up with her after all the worry those visions caused me."

When she had voiced her feelings Darla turned and quietly spoke to Nivana. She could sense the unease in the young woman and guessed that it had something to do with all the bodies she had inspected.

"Hey, take it easy. You're doing great. It's not easy to witness these kind of horrors. It'll ease with time." She gently patted Nivana's shoulder. She wanted her o know that she had support and not to worry about the way she was feeling too much.

Rannrsig.jpg

Lowering his hand away from his face Lord Maultros allowed the sun to touch his fleshless face again. The sun's ray shone brightly in his eyes and forced the Sith Lord to squint his eyes in a desperate attempt to see. In the distance he watched Jace cut through the first two stones and then the other collide with his coat causing it to be sliced by the saber.

He doesn't wish for me to call him boy?”¦ Well what else am I supposed to call the child.

Thought Marcellus as his right and rose from its resting place by his hip. As he brought it to chest height his thumb slipped over the ignition button and the copper blade crept from the dark cylinder that his fingers clutched so tightly. Twirling it about him a few times Lord Maultros made his way towards his advancing apprentice. It was obvious that the boy was fresh to melee combat and the force push had caught him off guard rather easily. This was beginning to worry the Sith Lord, so he moved forward in his test of the child.

”œIf I am to refrain from calling you”¦Boy. Then you must call me Master.”

jpg0ze.jpg

As the group jedi boarded the shuttle, Fynn felt relieved to be away from the carnage. As Brad shook one of the investigators hand, the Correllia police moved into to clean up the scene and get the area open again. The young jedi helped his droid into place and then waved at Fynn and at the others. Fynn paused a moment as the laison from the Correllian police saw them off.

"Officer...what were there names?" Fynn asked in after looking at the sight one more time. "Names...uh, theres a manifest list...." the officer fumbled through his pocket. "Here." as he found the small datachit, he handed it to Fynn who took it and slipt it into his pocket. "Thanks..." Fynn said as bowed his head.

Fynn boarded the shuttle as the ramp closed. As the shuttle lifted off, he found Darla giving more advice to Nivana. She was a natural teacher, even though she didn't know it. Darla had taught him how the sith fought, all fury, and rage. Still he could help but wondering if Darla was a better teacher then him as well. 'After all I only a knight, whereas she...' Fynn found it odd that he couldn't complete that sentence.

The Republic shuttle left orbit of the planet and headed for Coruscant. In the large lounge area. Fynn entered after stowing his gear. There Master Tares talked calmly with Darla and Nivana. Nivana seemed to be enjoying hereing tales from the duo's past. Fynn approached quietly not disturbing thier conversation. The shuttle went into hyperspace quickly and without incident.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

As the boy sped through the air towards Lord Maultros he simply smiled. The Sith Lord deactivated his lightsaber and allowed his right foot to become light on the soil beneath him. As it danced there patiently waiting the child Marcellus began to shake his head, he felt something and knew that he must go. The child's time was no longer for his to take, and the Sith Lord had to leave. Striking out with his right leg Lord Maultros placed a firm kick into the stomach of Jace Vittor knocking him onto his back unconscious. Marcellus had used the force to aid the kick and had placed it perfectly to knock the wind from his lungs and leave the child helpless. Using the force Marcellus pulled his lightsaber from the grip of the unconscious child and returned both of his creations to their place inside of his robes.

”œYour time is now, but it is not with me”¦ for I must go elsewhere.”

jpg0ze.jpg

”œYah know, I don't think I'll ever quite understand what happened to you and John. It's true, something in your Force aura is different. It's like you're here but not here at the same time”¦ light but dark”¦ full but empty”¦ One big paradoxical being- even more so than you were before.”

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

((OOC: I'm rushed for time...))

---

And as the moon prepared to overtake the sun in the late moments of dusk, the final trail in the path of the Jedi revealed itself underneath the brightening stars. Jedi Master; a title for which every Jedi Hopeful aspired to achieve some day and one that every Jedi Knight hoped their dedication and control would earn them. Andon Colos gave up the notion of being recognized for his prowess in the Force a little more each time he saw a Knight of a younger generation then him receive the rank. In this moment he realized that it was finally his turn to be granted the gift of ascending to Masterhood. This was the only gift one could not be handed... this was one that could only be earned. With a thoughtful look on his face, Andon Colos responded.

"About damn time... I was thinking it'd be a cold day on Mustafar before the Council would elevate such a disarmingly sensational and cunning rogue as myself to the title of Jedi Master."

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

((ooc --> Talon, I apologize. I was supposed to meet you here nearly two weeks ago. <--end))

Dashel's simple shuttle entered the atmosphere of Corellia, coasting into a higher orbit. Keying the comm array, he sent a simple burst transmission to the planet's surface, well encoded to preserve his and the master's identity.

It was a simple message, "Master Talon, how may I serve?"

Jace Vittor snarled as he rose from the ground and rubbed at his bald forehead. Marcellus was a blind fool; he might be completely inexperienced with the long blade of a lightsaber, but he didn't completely lack self-preservation instinct. Even before that deadly blow came close to even threatening him, he had angled his own weapon to intercept the blow.

Biting curses at Marcellus, the Sith arrogance and use of the Force, and Corellia and the galaxy in general, Vittor readied himself for a long hike back to civilization. Hopefully, he would be able to improvise an exit off of Corellia; after all, as an ex-convict, the stranded man's talents tended to lean towards questionable legality. Stealing a small starship, any starship, would be no problem for a man of his skills.

He swore to himself that if he ever ran into Marcellus again, he wouldn't waste his time with his stupid lightsabers.

At the ignition of Talon's blade the Jedi Knight before him smirked.

Rising to his feet, he casually walked over to the roaring fire and placed a small lid atop the pot with soup inside of it that was still simmering above the open flame. Drawing his own silver and black lightsaber hilt, he turned his back to Talon as he loosely held the weapon in his left hand. Subtly he reached down into the neckline of his tunic and pulled out the pendant that attached to a small silver chain hanging around his neck. Lightly kissing it, he neatly tucked the necklace back down underneath of his tunic and robes as the Jedi Master's taunt ”œCome. Let us dance.”

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

The Lucky Me fell into hyperspace above Corellia.

"Well, we're here" Jacen said to Dragon.

"We'll have to contact him from in space. He doesn't let any strangers land."

--comm to Cadio--

I need some information, do you think you can help?

--end comm--

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

Kal woke up to The Lucky Me comming out of hyperspace. Jacen sent a COM to his contanct and now they were both waiting for Jacen's source to replay.

Kal is a man who if he found you in back alley, you want to run away as fast as you can and pray you find the exit.