Byss

Darth Heretic

"Hello Master....it's....been a long time...." Anguish rose from meditation and consulted his long-lost master. "Shall we continue our training?" Anguish smiled and took a few steps back to wait for his master's response...

I am the Darkness that retreats against you. I come in the blackness of night. Nothing stands as i walk.

Torment said nothing in response but just nodded.

"Do you understand what discipline is?"

Torment paused and awaited for an answer, then continued.

"Discipline is what allows us to survive. Discipline seperates the weak from the powerful. Discipline is what you need."

Large, flat stones lied tranquil on the ground before Lord Anguish.

"Tie these onto your back", Torment ordered.

He did so and when he tried to stand up, Anguish immediately fell due to the enormous weight held on his back.

torment.jpg

Exar walks up out of his fortress, and it conviently had a passage way right into the threshold of the palace, known only to him.

He goes to see Torment training his apprentice. He hands a blueprint, "Eclipse Super Star Destroyer. Your welcome. I advise we have some protection from intruders."

hooj.jpg

Khaos was walking through the hallways now, not paying any particular attention to where he was going. His mind wandered as he took random turns and twists through the labyrinth of corridors that stretched out below the fortress like a set of catacombs. Walking along, his fingertips brushed against the walls...

...and bumped against a familiar feeling latch. Khao smiled slightly, and tugged open the door that he knew would be unlocked and stepped into his old chambers. The familiar presense of shadows and agelessness returned. It's good to be back...

He sat down on the largest of the stone slabs in the room and began to meditate, drawing the dark side to him....

leisigwhoknows.jpg

"My apprentice, if you do not obey me, then the meaning of your life is worthless. Is cruel death what you desire?"

Anguish was silent. An instant later, his head was rolling across the ground. Torment walked towards it and kicked the head, it hit the wall and the skull shattered.

OOC: Sorry if this was an ohk, but Xodius Durron (Darth Anguish) has left the site.

torment.jpg

OOC: Fortunately, he didn't form any really strong bonds. If he had, he would've wanted to stay but still wanting to leave, it would be very bad for him. Nevertheless, it's always a sad moment when someone leaves Jnet.

IC: Palpatine walked up to Torment after he'd killed his own apprentice. "He was weak, wasn't he?" Torment didn't need to answer, the emotion on his face, gave Exar the answer to his question. Exar shook his head, "Sorry. Whenever it is convienent, i would like you to finish my training. I'm already knighted, but trained so I can be Lorded. So you can get back into things before you take another apprentice."

Exar bows slightly and takes a few steps away. He turns around, "Just give me a --" Exar stopped and look down the cooridor, then back at Torment, "We're not alone."

hooj.jpg

"There is no such word as 'lorded', young one. You are not a 'Sith Knight', you are an apprentice. The Sith tradition does not recognize multiple levels of achievement. The only stage is - Sith Lord."

Torment paused and looked across the sky as the Sun was preparing to set. He sighed, and turned back to Hexious.

"Forget everything that you have learned, you will know only what I teach you."

torment.jpg

Hexious wore a smirk, "I have already learned much, by a greater Sith than you, with all due respect. The only teachings i need are that of the Black Arts. Unless you feel i'm unready in some fields."

He goes to the cloning chambers, and puts in a clone of Darth Extirpate. "We need him, if we hope to have a fleet and avenge the death of Master Mortis Diabolus."

He turns on the cloning chamber. "Sabaoth Squadron, is our way to victory, over the Jedi."

He turns back to Torme--, no... his Master.

hooj.jpg

Hexious nodds to the band, and they begin to play the Imperial March.

He bows his head at his departing Master. Torment walks into his shuttle and takes his final look at the planet of Byss. "In the unlikely even i return, i shall be once more, the leader of this place."

He turns around, as the ramp closes. The shuttle jetts away and out of view. The Imperial March ends as soon as Hexious loses Torments presence in the Force.

He looks over to Extirpate, "Find me Khaos Anarch."

((http://jedirp.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=203046#203046))

hooj.jpg

((Wait, what, Frank's leaving? Crapeth!))

Khaos let the darkside flow through him; its dark, oily fibers snaking through his blackened soul, coming together in little knots, growing denser, drawing more power towards themselves..... Al the tiny fibers of energy massing together within him, adding to his power, connecting him to the rest of the galaxy, letting him feed upon its power.....

The young Sith opened his eyes, slipping out of his meditation. He felt a new power in him now....strength.... power.... ambition...... and yet a burning hunger for more of it, more power.......

leisigwhoknows.jpg

He halted Extirpate, knowing that he wouldn't be able to navigate the palace, instead, he decided to call to Khaos himself. As the former apprentice of DMD, he had some right, but Hexious had more. He was the CURRENT apprentice of Torment, and was the son of the Emperor that originally ruled this place.

Khaos. Khaos Anarch. We are the only two living Sith on this planet. Come to the throne room. We must discuss the future.

With that, Hexious walks up to the throne, and sits down in it, awaiting for Khaos, he then removes his Mandalorian helmet, and waits...

hooj.jpg

Khaos. Khaos Anarch.

Khaos's eyes narrowed and his brow creased as he focused intently on the voice that spoke within his mind....

We are the only two living Sith on this planet. Come to the throne room. We must discuss the future.

Khaos grimaced.

That I shall, then... Sliding off the stone slab, he silently padded through the stone-wrought halls, taking seemingly random turns and twists and stairwells his intuition guided him to until he found himself stepping into a large room. A very large room if he did trust his senses, which he always did.... he bowed his head slightly in respect to the individual seated at the far end of the hall.....

"Well?" he demanded in his soft, rasping voice. "[/i]What is it, Darth Hexious, that you wish discussed?[/i]"

leisigwhoknows.jpg

Hexious nods in acknowledgment. "Greetings Lord Anarch. I sense that the Sith will strike back against the Jedi some day, and when they do, we will be prepared. I instruct you to oversee the construction of our new fleet. Since both DMD and Lord Torment have left this place, i now claim this place mine, as rightfully so."

Khaos continues to stand, as if listening to every word.

"You will immediatly begin construction on a Sovereign-class Super Star Destroyer. It will be the spearhead of our fleet. Now, i feel neccessary for us to brush up on our skills," Hexious says picking up his lightsabers and putting them to his side. He puts on his Mandalorian helmet, "Care to duel?"

hooj.jpg

Khaos merely bowed his head, though the edge of his mouth twitched in what may have been a sardonic smile. "As you wish, my liege."

The blind sith drew his own saber, a double-bladed weapon, when ignited, that was covered in twisting twining silver-wrought runes. He hefted the cylinder with one hand, and waited for Hexious's first move... his gaunt face void of any emotion.

leisigwhoknows.jpg

Hexious smiles, "My liege," he thought of what Khaos just said. He smiled at the weapon, but was ceratinly ready. He fired his whipcord at Khaos' lightsaber, and ignited his jetpack. He flew into the air, and Khaos was pulled up by the lightsaber. The lightsaber snapped in half, and only one side could work.

Hexious was still on high ground he ignited a lightsaber and shot a missle at him.

hooj.jpg

Still gripping both sides of his weapon, Khaos fell to the ground and instinctively went into a roll, coming up on one knee.... Hearing the whine of the missle coming at him, He leapt aside just as it struck the wall behind him, sending blocks and shards of debris around the room. He tried to re-ignite his lightsaber, but only got half the response he had hoped for. Cursing softly, he tucked the non-functional half of the weapon into his robes, then turned to Hexious, all pretense of friendlyness gone from his manner.

"Really Hexious, is this the way you fight?" he spat, his voice cold. "Using dirty tricks against an under-armed opponent. I'm surprised. Come on- if this is truly a duel of skills, then let it be with skill- with a lightsaber. Not with trigger pulling of one's arsenal."

leisigwhoknows.jpg

The explosion had cleared, but Khaos could not see Hexious. He started to scoff at the 'cowardness' of Hexious, but was soon floating in the air, and being launced foward at a rapid speed with his back arced. He then felt the pain, and heard the hum of a jetpack, Hexious' Jetpack.

He was soon on his face again, as Hexious flew to a far enough distance.

Khaos soon got back up, and Hexious flew into him with his lightsaber. Left, right, left, right, right. Khaos was soon parring them away, As Hexious layed into him with a grueling lightsaber duel.

hooj.jpg

((OOC: Of Course I couldn't 'see' you, my character is blind! lol! I'm sorry if I didn't clarify that...))

Khaos's mouth bent into a grim line as he wiped away a trickle of blood with the back of his sleeve. Fine, if this is the way he wishes to fight- I'll fight.

He held back slightly, feigning a slight limp in his left leg. Keeping all his strikes within defense range, he allowed his opponent to advance.... Let him get confident.... let him get nice and cocky.... At Hexious's next blow, Khaos pretended to stumble back slightly. And as the other Sith raised his saber to strike another blow, he let go.

Focusing entirely on the Force surrounding him, Khaos launched himself into a flip that sent him right over Hexious's head, and so close to his saber that the hair on the back of his neck stood up in effect of the ionized air particles. Landing on his feet, he swung his own blade downward in a clean, sweeping strike that sliced the jetpack into two halves that clattered to the marble floor loudly.

Khaos permitted himself a small, smug smile. "As you wish, my liege." He then brought his lightsaber up in a wide arc, striking against Hexious' blade in a hiss of flying sparks. He disengaged, and lunged- his opponent barely being able to parry.... slowly the tide of the fight began to turn... Khaos's cold concentration never breaking....

leisigwhoknows.jpg

Hexious Force Jumps out of the way, and accumulates a green ball in his hand. He steps back as Khaos begins his charge, not wanting to allow a break in the momentum. Hexious fires the green ball into the air, and it flashes, but floats above them. Hexious jumps at him, and grabs him by the wrist, and he falls down.

Hexous than turns around and makes a slice. Khaos moves his blade to intercept, but comes to the harsh reality, that his saber had been deactivated when Hexious came around and grabbed him by the wrist.

Hexious slices through a small part of the hilt, but doesn't finish it off. Khaos activates the weapon to find out how it was turned off without him knowing. The green ball of energy, has disabled all sound. No hum emmited from the blade, as Hexious launched the debris of his jetpack at Khaos.

hooj.jpg

Khaos kept his face purely emotionless, despite the chain of curses that was running through his head. Throwing down his lighsaber, which he had given up for a lost cause, he drew his second, and slightly preferred form of defense. A slight twitch of the muscles in his forearms loosened concealed bindings just enough to allow his two dirks to slide hilt-first into his palms.

Just then, he sensed the two halves of the broken jetpack sailing at him. He ducked the first, then jumped, pulling his knees up to his chest as he leapt over the second, both pieces smashing against the wall as he landed with cat-like grace. He twirled the dirks with his fingers, the twin, heat-resistant, dura-titanium blades gleaming with wicked sharpness as they danced within his grasp... Khaos crouched down, then sprang, catapulting himself towards Hexious. The other man, apparently not anticipating this rather rash move, stepped back slightly before bringing his saber up, but that minor pause was all Khaos needed. Flipping in midair, he struck Hexious feet-first, right square in the breats-plate. Rolling off, he lashed out with his right-hand dirk, slicing away at the clasps that held the particular piece of armor on, leaving it danglish awkwardly as Hexious climbed back to his feet, weapon at the ready.

Both duelists circled each other silently, looking for a weakness. Khaos knew that while his dirks would hold up under the intense heat of a lightsaber, there was little he could do to block a blow... however, the same went also for Hexious, whose lightsaber would be ineffective against the long daggers...

leisigwhoknows.jpg

SoP attached his other hilt to his current one, now having a double-bladed lightsaber. He then fired Force-Lightning at Khaos' daggers, and conducted at an extreme and would kill him in a short matter of time if he didn't drop them.

((Your lightsaber wasn't destroyed, i damaged the hilt's appearence.))

hooj.jpg

((OOC: I know, but I prefer this way.))

Khaos bit his lip until he tasted blood, and focused his mind on the energy that was flowing through the blades into his flesh..... He absorbed it, pulling the electrical charges into a tiny ball inside him, rather than letting them burn.... he pulled and pulled- surroundi g that growing little ball of energy with the Force, so as to protect himself....

The flow of lightning gradually stopped, and Khaos took a deep breath.... then he reached into that little ball of energy, and breached it, letting it flow down his arms and back into his dirks, pouring into them until they were both aglow with heat and light.

Ignoring the burning sensation in his palms, he let his senses expand, so as to encompass Hexious... Khaos concentrated, then dove forward, his left hand dagger hissing outward and slashing across Hexious' side, whcih was no longer armored or protected, his breast-plate having been half-undone. Retreated, and going into a defensive crouch, Khaos watched warily for his enemy's next move....

leisigwhoknows.jpg

Hexious welcomed the pain, and he then ignited Khaos with his flamethrower. He jumped away as Khaos used the Force to put himself out. Hexious than pulled Khaos' lightsaber to himself, and through it at Khaos. He instictevly caught it, and Hexious jumped toward him at dangerous speed.

Hexious began a barage of lightsaber hits, and Khaos was quicly losing ground, Hexious not letting up for a second.

Khaos continued to defend, left, right, left. Hexious intercepted each hit, and Khaos spun around, and again, left, right, left.

Hexious intercepted them, the left, the right, and instead of parrying the third hit, he ducked.

Hexious then cut straight up, destroying the hilt, and kicked Khaos down onto his back, and placed the saber blade to his neck.

"Checkmate"

hooj.jpg

Sneering, Khaos lashed out with a leg, catching Hexious in the knee, snapping the joint in a direction it was not intended to go and knocking him to the floor. The blind sith rolled just in time to avoid having his neck sliced in two as Hexious' blade fell, though he could smell the hair on the back of his neck burning. Trying to get up, he lunged for the lightsaber that had tumbled form Hexious' hand at the exact same time the other man did. Their hands both locked on the weapon at the same time, igniting both blades- each passing within inches of both combatants' faces.

"Perhaps..." Khaos suggested mildly, "....we should call it a draw...."

leisigwhoknows.jpg