Byss

Darth Heretic

Aboard the battered sentinel shuttle, Darth Torment was piloting the ship back to Byss. Lord Diabolus was still lying unconcious on the ship deck, with numerous flesh wounds carved into his body. Torment looked down at the Dark Lord, and felt awkward at the sight.

One of such power and dominance, wounded on the floor, beneath me...

The ship soon landed near the massive ocean that made most of the planet. Darth Torment walked out, without a slight limp in his step. Apparently, his wound has almost completely healed.

He turned around and headed towards the dark blue water that spread across the horizon. Torment walked to the water's edge and began reciting ancient text. Suddenly there was a rippling in the water, the sound of waterfalls were loudly audible, and the earth began to shake. As he finished mouthing the last words, the dark fortress surged out of the water, hundreds of meters into the air. A giant tidal wave headed towards the beach and Torment sprinted away to avoid the enormous blow.

The fortress was a marvellous sight and Torment could not help but admire. An island was formed around the fortress and a land route connected the island to the mainland. When summoned, the water could pass through the passageway, rendering land transportation to the fortress impossible.

torment.jpg

X turns his head quickly to the east. He felt the power now that was pulling him in..."Torment..." he muttered under his breath. "What?!" replied the young man infront of him. "Nothing, I must go now, thank you for your help--" quickly, after bowing in respect, he used force speed to run off into the vast planet. He wasn't sure how far it was until he reached his new master. Finally, after running for hours he arrived at a grand fortress. He decided to not hesitate and approach this place, to search for the great power attracting him...

I am the Darkness that retreats against you. I come in the blackness of night. Nothing stands as i walk.

X looked deep, and spoke. "I am Xodius Durron, great great great grandson of the one and only Marka Ragnos. I felt your presence pull me to this planet. I have no clue as to why i am here....yet. Perhaps you could enlighten me..." X smurks under his hood, still not revealing his face. His hands were folded over one another under his cloak, only half revealing either of them. The shadow of the hood created a distorted upside-down "U" upon X's face, showing his mouth only. There was a long scar that continued up his face. only 1/3 of this was revealed, but it was red, and obvious, against the white face of X.

As he awaited Darth Torment's response, he kept his eyes closed, as he always did, to allow himself to intune to the force. It wasn't as if he were blind, he just felt that his eyes didn't provide him with enough information for him. He did open his eyes occasionally, but not very often...

I am the Darkness that retreats against you. I come in the blackness of night. Nothing stands as i walk.

"Give me any task. I will complete the task. I will show you my worthiness. And then you shall train me!" X said, somewhat furious at the non straightforwardness of this new and great person. He then calmed himself, and prevented the rage to take over. "Come on then...give me your task..."

Exar stepped out of the incubated clone chamber and had putten his armor on. He was putting on his helmet when he heard, Voices. But who?! NO one knows about this planet, only my Fahter, and perhaps a few others that never left. No, the Jedi may have found, location must've gotten out.

He continues to pace, It wouldn't be the Jedi, the darkside is to fluent here, perhaps a Dark Jedi, or... He stops, Darth Torment. There is a settlement here. Someone else. Strong in the Force, but cannot control it, yet. He leaves through a hidden top entrance and spots the two, talking.

"So, you wish to be trained in the Sith Arts. How may you prove your worthiness?" Torment asked.

The other one replied, he was covered completely in Sith robes, "Give me any task. I will complete the task. I will show you my worthiness. And then you shall train me! Co on then....give me your task..."

Exar smiles underneath the helmet, If a task he wants, a task he shall.... He stopped thinkning, for Torment knew someone was there, watching them. Torment closed his eyes and discovered the precense of the person he had meant once, Exar.

Torment executes a nod that Exar interpreted as a nod, Durron thought it was a twinch in his neck.

Exar positions his wrist and fires his flamethrower at Xodius....

hooj.jpg

X doesn't move until the last second. It looks as though he is engulfed in the flames, but as they clear, he is still standing in the same position, about 20 feet back. Exar then began to sweep the flames across, back and forth. X dropped to a knee, and as the flames came his way, he pushed down, making a small imprint in the grass, and jumped over the flames. He flipped in the air, and let his hangs dangle sort of from his bady as he landed, and took a side roll, and repeated this backwards. Each time he did this, he inched closer to Exar, without him knowing it.

Exar ignites his jetpack and takes off. He fires several rounds at his opponent, but manages away from them. He then shoots his tow cable and ties him up. His opponent struggles to stand up. Exar then lands and accumulates his own Force move. A ball of red light, with electrical currents running inside it. He then forces it toward Durron when it gets to a certain brightness. The ball explodes and temporarly blinds Durron. He screams in pain and falls down. Exar walks beside Torment, "He's good enough. The Force is strong with him. Train him. Don't worry, his eyesight will return in a day or so."

Torment looks at him. "Don't worry, i tested the move on Lord Zar."

Torment looks away, "Barohm Zar can heal himself with the Force."

Exar smiled, "Yes and he healed almost immediatly. He will be fine."

Exar removes the tow cable and moves the unconscience Sith hopeful with the Force onto a resting mat.

Exar looks to Torment, "We have things to discuss...."

hooj.jpg

"Yes? And what do you need me of?"

Turning back towards Xodius, he reached down and helped him to his feet. Apparently, the temporary blindness only lasted a minute or so.

"Young one, your very soul burns with hatred and lust. You are my apprentice from now on. You are my instrument."

With that, Torment walks away, followed closely by Xodius.

torment.jpg

Xodius brushed himself off, and then remembered his sword. "Master, i need my sword, permit me to go get it." Torment just raised a hand, and X sped off to the area of battle. He then saw his sword on the floor and walked toward it. As he strode closer to the sword, it was sort of bent in an odd way. He thought nothin of this until he was just next to it and the sword was broken in half. "....." X just looked down at the broken blade. He picked up the actual blade in his right hand, and the handle in his left. With a grunt, he pulled back his right hand over his left shoulder, and threw the blade parallel to the ground. It went through one tree and stuck into the second, causing debrus to fly everywhere. He then began to walk away as the tree his blade went through started leaning too much to the left and fell to the ground.

Angry, and tired X caught up with his master who was still walking. X began to calm himself though, so that he could concentrate on what his master had to say to him. He was glad he would get this training from such a strong Sith.

Lord Torment looked ahead at Xodius. He sighed slightly, though a look of amusement crossed his face. As Xodius ran back, Torment used the Force to take the Sith sword from his apprentice's hands. With little power, he broke the crude weapon in two.

He turned around, leaving the sword's pieces lying on the ground.

torment.jpg

In the large training room of the palace, Torment stood overlooking Xodius. He glanced at him and spoke while levitating a large boulder.

"The Force....an all-encompassing driving power influences the destiny of the Galaxy. An energy field generated by all living things, the Force surrounds and penetrates everything, binding the galaxy together. Universal balance - life and death, creation and destruction - is reflected in the Force, and thus is reflected from the Force back into the Galaxy at large. The Force, for all the mystery and the power it provides, is as much a part of the natural order as suns and planets and Life itself. To define the nature of the Force entirely is impossible."

Torment paused for a moment continued, "Certain beings are attuned to the Force. They can feel it flowing through them and can manipulate it to a greater or lesser degree. Some can even manipulate the Force to gain supernatural powers........The Jedi saw the Force as an end in itself; the Sith knew that it was a means to an end. And that end was Power."

torment.jpg

Exar walks up to Torment, "May I speak to you in private for a moment?" Torment seemed reluctant, but Exar has the upmost seriousness in his face and follows. Exar turns from walking away from Xodius, "I was under the impression, that only I and my Father knew of this place, what is going on here?"

hooj.jpg

Exar stands there and pushes something over. He takes out his lightsaber and slaughters an innocent slave. He forms the energy ball in his hand once again, this time it's green. He throws it out, and the explosion is ear piercing. Temporary Deafness. He had used his personally developed Force Move once again: Force Sense. The ball remain above the heads, a sound for black holes. He killed many more slaves, and animals, and more. He killed anything that moved. Through trees and flower vines, anything. Exar had snapped. ((Go to my homepage, read the bio, Exar has a history of insanity.)) He continues to cut through living things. He fired lightning at the ball above, turning it red. It then released all the sound, with a tremendous explosian. Having turned red, the light blinded many, but not the Force user's. Exar continued on his rage. He pulled out his flame thrower and burned down the grass, he fired a missle into the bank of the ocean, blowing sand everywhere. He let out a horrible battle cry. He fired Force Lightning at the sand, turning it up, flying everywhere.

He laughs maniacally as he releases a Force Shock wave. A building falls over and crashes through an unoccupied docking bay. He laughs. Harder, and harder, and HARDER. He stops and gasps for breath. His eyes roll back into his head and he falls to the ground, unconscience.

hooj.jpg

OOC:Actually Frank, there are slaves on Byss. I ordered them from Curst a while ago.They maintain the the city/fortress that we inhabit. They build the droid piloted fighters and Sith War droids that make up the back bone of my fleets.

IC:*During his time away from Byss, the darl side essence of the planet had been growing. The pull of the dark side called out to all those whom where succeptable to such feelings of fear and uncertainty. One by one, settlers came to Byss drawn to it by some unseen force. If only they knew the truth. Once on Byss, those with week minds becomes slaves to the dark side and it's masters. The sounds of omething crumbling, then falling to the ground, drew DMD out of his thoughts. DMD emerges from his chambers, startled by all of the commotion outside. He uses his senses to lead him to the source of the disturbance and finds a Sith slaughtering his slaves and destroying buildings. Still feeling the effects of his ordeal on Korriban, he tries to locate Torment. Someone would have to explain what the hell was going on.*

ENOUGH!!!!!!!

*A powerful force wave, flung rubble and debri in the direction of the crazed Sith. A couple of peices struck the Sith, now recoginzed as Exar Palpatine on his shoulder and right thigh. The pain seemed to temporarily bring him back to reality. DMD unsheathed his deadly Sith sword and drove it into the stone floor beneath him, then force dragged Exar Palpatine to him. When Exar had been pulled close enough to see the anger welling up in DMD's eyes, he levitated him a few feet off the ground. DMD looked into the Sith's eyes and probed his mind. His vision showed him a sea of raging emotions, symbolized by severe lightening storms and troubled waters. It was evident that this particular Sith was not in his right mind.*

Have you gone mad? How dare you come to my world and destroy what I have created. I should kill you for such an insult, but I will spare your recently reacquired life. Our paths have only crosses briefly in the past, Exar Palpatine. I do not know what kind of man you are, but I will say this, while you are here you will respect my house and my rules. The first and only rule is that I am in charge here. Whenever I am not around, Darth Torment is in charge. What business do you have here on Byss?

spawn.jpg

Those who are prepared to die, are seldom defeated....

Exar awakens from his temporary comma and sees DMD, "What are you talking about? I have destroyed nothing!" Exar had completely no idea what DMD was talking about. Even though Exar WAS the one to unleash an uncooridinated attack on many of the buildings and slaves, he had no recolation of what he did. As if someone had taken over.

Nevertheless, Exar responded to DMD's first few questions, "I was killed in a battle against Barohm Zar, i used my incubated clones in the planet core to bring myself back to life. I still need to finish my training, i was hoping someone would be able to help me, Lord Torment said you could. Can you? Would you?"

hooj.jpg

OOC: first off, can you explain something to me? HOW DO YOU CLONE THE FORCE? It is what you are BORN with, not CREATED (or cloned) with. You are given the ability to use the force when you are born. How do you clone the force? And if so, couldn't you just clone the force into yourself and then make yourself more powerful? It just really doesn't make any sense...

IC: X closes his eyes and thinks about his encounters...his past life...everything that has happened to him. He then begins to breath fast and heavy, balling up his fists. A few drops of blood trickle down from his finger tips as he digs into the palms of his hands further. He then opens his eyes violently. His eyes began to fade...dark blue, to light purple, into a pink, and then into a dark red, with electricity running through it as he pulled the rock up with the force into the ceiling and stuck there....He had never felt himself do this before, and he went back into his normal state, blue eyes. He took two knees, and two hands to the ground as he caughed up blood. He felt a burning sensation in his hands...they were still bleeding. "Is it this supposed to happen master?...."

Torment walked over to his apprentice and crouched over him.

"You are forcing yourself too much and you are not using the power of the Force. Feel your anger, your rage, use it."

Torment spun away from him and sent a jolt of pain through Xodius' body, causing him to throw up a pool of blood. He layed sprawled across the floor, groaning.

"Pain is the trackmaster of life. It teaches, it disciplines, it hardens the mind, the soul, the body...

There is no pain where strength lies. Say it."

torment.jpg

X felt the pain coursing through his body as he mumbled what his master forced him to....."AGAIN!" Torment yelled as he increased the pain clenching upon X. He began to say it over...and over....getting louder, and angrier. His muscles began to tense up, and bulge. He began to rise from the floor. Slowly he got up. Every time he said the statement, Torment increased the pain. He struggled only from one knee...and finally. He rose. He bent his arms close to himself, and took a deep breathe in. "AAAAAAHHHHHHHH"...this sound from X echoed around the planet...outside, from the trees, birds fluttered in fear as if a shot had been fired upon them. The cave shook and trembled as the sound cluttered through, and knocked down a few boulders. Some aimed toward Torment's head, but without looking he just sprung his arm to the right and the boulder indented the wall. "Good....." Torment looked at his apprentice and laughed. .....what does he want? what is this leading up to...i'll soon find out, but i still need to get through this...it's the only way to prove myself...

The large boulder was soon inches off the ground, floating in midair. Torment noticed his apprentice, his eyes closed shut with determination. He sent another jolt of pain course through his apprentice's body, which nearly toppled him over and interrupted his concentration. He kept this on for a long period of time as his apprentice's screams of agony drew on into the night.

torment.jpg

X let the fear consume him. It was choking his throat. He then heard the echoing of a voice he hadn't heard in a while. Concentrate...feel the pain, and absorb it, don't push it away. This is the only way to survive. Now, pull in the pain...the anguish, the fear...the anger! absorb it and make it your friend...let it make you more powerful... X then closed his eyes tight, and breathed slowly. He let the pain go into his body. It enraged him. He let it help him push...push farther than he had ever been pushed. He rose, confident, and tensed everything up.

Finally, he felt an aura about him. Full of uncontrollable power, he let down his power, and gave concentration to his pain. Torment continued this for a long time...X held on as long as he could, and just barely continued to resist....

At last, the assault halted, as Xodius lay on the ground exhausted. Torment towered over him, his expression showing no forgiveness or praise, it was simply...indifferent.

"Rise, my apprentice.

From this day forward, you are a Sith, nothing else. You will follow me in the glorious Sith tradition, and you will carry on its legacy. One day, you will train your own apprentice, and you will continue to pass on the Sith ideal..the ideal of power and dominance.

You are Darth Anguish. All traces of your previous identity will be erased. You will serve the Sith Order."

Lord Torment turned and walked away, leaving Anguish to his own thoughts.

torment.jpg

Xodius rose to his feet. why has he just left me here? look at him...walking away...proud.... Xodius just burst out with insanity...he controlled his anger, and then let it consume him. He ran to Torment. Slow motion begain, as he swept Torment into the air, and dropped an elbow onto his back. Crushing him into the ground and leaving an indentation into the floor. "heh heh...heh.....you fool...." Torment said, as he force choked Anguish, and held him to the wall. "Do you really think, that you can--" Before he finished his sentence, Anguish squirmed from the grip, and jumped into the air. He then kicked his master in the face, sending him onto his other foot, balancing. He then reached back, and pulled a crushing punch into Anguish's path...

Anguish ducked out of the way, and sent his fist to Torment's face...Torment blocked and sent his knee jabbing into Anguish's face. Anguish went hard back into the wall. His head hit hard this time...but he just let his pain work FOR him...Torment then began pummeling his torso, farther pushing him into the wall.

They commensed into a long battle of shared punches, and kicks. One or two only, got by Torment. Anguish was getting frustrated with getting the crap beaten out of himself. He finally blocked some of the punches and kicks until the battle ended with Anguish on the floor. He was unconscious, but he had a smurk on his face. All Torment could do was chuckle in amusement. "Ah...my apprentice...you shall do well. You just need to realize how far your powers can take you. Make sure you rest...we will battle again soon, i feel...."