Byss

Darth Heretic

Darth Torment stood at the entrance to the great edifice before him. The palace may have been beautiful to the eyes of some, but to Torment, it was just a building. Over the last few days of his journey, he began to feel apathy to everything, and he wanted to stay that way. Compassion didn't exist in a Sith.

With elegance, he walked past the gates and into the enormous palace. He saw someone he remembered from the Sith Temple, and he was DMD's apprentice. Apparently so, he had accompanied his master. Torment walked away; the apprentice, being young and inexperienced didn't sense his presence. Torment located a dark area, and settled down to meditate. There he will wait until DMD awakens.

torment.jpg

*A cool breeze blew through the palace fortress that was now home to DMD and all who would oppose the new emperor outright. The cool breeze would have gone unnoticed by him if it were not acompanied by the presence of a familiar Sith. Darth Torment. A welcomed addtion to his group of conspirators. But his mind was preoccupied. He stared at the one of the many portraits that hung on the wall of his dining hall. To no surprise it was a portrait of Brook. And it wasn't the only one either. They were scattered throughout the palace, along with four distinctive statues with her likeness. Two were located just inside the main gates and the other two were placed inside the main hall, inside the giant doors to the palace. This place was supposed to be home for he and his former master, but she chose another life. Now he waits and plans for the day when he can make her pay for all the needless suffering she put him through.*

*Outside, his shipment of slaves had finally arrived. Things were moving along nicely. In the skies above, he could hear other ship descending in to the atmosphere. Ships carrying the supplies needed to fund his campaign.*

-via comlink-

Please deliver the slaves to the rear of the palace. There are designated barracks for them. My protocol droid will handle payment for them. If there are any problems, contact me and I will remedy them.

*Khaos Anarch was seated at the long table, that was the center peice of his dining room. Until now, very few were able to sneak up on him. But his apprentice was a rare soul in many ways. Khaos was alike the calm before the storm. His raw potential and desire to be powerful, overshadowed him in every way. Soon the galaxy would know his name and fear him. Most of all the the Emperor. Khaos had become a weapon in the hands of a devil.*

Darth Torment, please join us in the dining room. We have things to discuss.

Khaos Anarch, on time as always. I will begin as soon as our other guest arrives.

*In the background, comm chatter can be heard:

Production plant on schedule. First one hundred ready for battle.......more on the way.......

The ships you ordered are in orbit above you. Send someone to aquire them.......

spawn.jpg

Those who are prepared to die, are seldom defeated....

OOC: I will only say this once. To those of you who see my home as a place to wage petty fights and settle differences. This is my home, respect it. If I have not invited you here, you shouldn't be here. If you wish to join my crew, email me at ronin_31315@msn.com. After this first and final warning, when/if I catch you here, I will kill you. Plain and simple. To those this applies to, please leave before I have to rip off your head and crap down your neck. Thank you.

IC: What we are about to discuss is are plans for attack, Lord Torment. As you may or may not have heard, I have 100 troops battle ready. And 5 ships have just been delivered to us, with more on the way. The slaves I ordered, will work the factories that produce my troops and manufacture short range fighters.

*DMD walks around the table, looking into the eyes of both men while doing so. Torment seems as though he has a question hanging on his mnd.*

The troops I speak of, Lord Torment, are Sith War Droids. I have fashioned cruel battle droids designed to both brutalize and demoralize our enemies. I found knowledge of this in one of the three Sith holocrons in known existance. Thier imposing Black armor and body builder physique make them a sight on the battle field. The left arm carries a heavy blaster rifle, while the right side has a vibro-axe. If the vibro-axe is lost, the droid also has a lightsaber built into a hidden forearm compartment. Each of them has been programed with battle critiques of past and current Sith, which was stored on data cards. They were taken from the Sith Training Facility's central A.I. What a sight it will be to see the Sith fighting droids who fight like them.

The War droids will spear head both attacks. I want to send half to the temple and the other half to the wedding. The temple should be an easy target because evyone except the temple guards will be at the ceremony. Torment I would like for you to lead this mission.

I will lead the strike on the ceremony. Khaos, you can join me on this if you decide. You are on your own. In my eyes you have proved yourself worthy of being a Sith. I promote you to the rank of Sith Lord. Now you are free to decide your own path. I hope I can count on your support. I know you will do what is right.

The ceremony will be packed with Black Sun operatives and personel, as well as Sith. My War droid will subdue them and I will make my grand entrance. Any questions?

spawn.jpg

Torment stood silent for a moment and nods. He felt pride in the announcement of his new status, Sith Lord. He quickly took away the thoughts, but still felt honor in such recognition.

This moment will be entered in the glorious Sith Archives. I have achieved the state of which all lengendary Sith have achieved. I will not fail to bring the Sith, the true Sith, to our glory again. I will not fail, Sith do not fail.

Without another word, Lord Torment strode out of the room.

torment.jpg

I am leaving my apprentice. Join me when and if you decide. I go to make my presence known to those who would stand against the true path and destiny of a Sith.

*DMD walks out into the hallway outside of the dining room. He stops and turns to see his apprentice still in deep thought, then gazes at the statue of the former Sith empress Jgod. His Sith sword, which was resting on top of a velvet mantle, flew through the air and shattered the statue. Finding a resting place in the waiting hands of its' master, DMD continued out to a dropship. The drop ship carried him to his flagship among the other seven vessels that made up his small fleet. He quickly finds his way to the bridge and instructs the crew to set a course for the Imperial Palace located on Coruscant.*

spawn.jpg

Throughout nearly the whole eexchange Khaos remained silent, rather absently toying with ne of his dirks between his fingers, deftly twisting and manipulating the blade without self-injury. Even when his master and Lord Torment departed he said nothing. Just sat there, toying with the knife- his white eye glitering like ice cold fury, and the black one promising the oblivion that would be the reult of the wrath of the first. Eventualy, Khaos stood and walked ou of the chamber, a cruel smile upon his lips. He had a wedding to attend....

leisigwhoknows.jpg

*DMD's heavily battered fleet returns to Byss. The remaining ships dock inside a hangar built into a cliff. Once inside the ships are lowered into a repair bay, by the ships sized repulser lifts, located a mile underground surrounded by solid rock. DMD's palace, which was submerged beneath the lake, rises to the surface upon commands signaled from his shuttle. The small city which surrounds the palace is really a bunch of decoy material that in reality houses a vast array of deadly weapons and defensive counter measures. When the city was fully raisied to the surface, a retractable bridge is extended to the nearby radar/comm tracking station. The dome that shields his city/palace from the waters and it's inhabitants, retracted, allowing the shuttle to land.*

*He exited his shuttle and marched up to the entrance of his palace. The statues he had made of Jgod seemed to smile as he walked by, mocking his existance. He stopped and stood still for a moment before continuing on. Once inside, he made his way to his private quarters to retrieve an important artifact. He made his way down into his private chambers, where a large black casket. DMD set the artifact, which was a Sith holocron, down onto a table. DMD manifeste dhis darkside aura so that the holocron would recognize his dark side presence. A voice began to speak from within the holocron.*

I wish to learn the art of resurrection

The holocron spoke and DMD listened attentively.....

spawn.jpg

Your offer is most generous, my lord. But what I do, is not for a reward. I do it to return the Sith to their former glory. By tonight you will walk in the realm of mortals once again. Everything is happening as you have forseen it.

*The Holocron walked DMD through the grueling procedure of collecting the neccessary items to complete the resurrection. First the encantation called for a representation of the host body. A dead seed. DMD found that among one of his recently acquirred slaves. A young girl just reaching woman hood. The process required him to collect a portion of her menstrual bleeding, preferably with the unused ovum. He suceeded in collecting that on the first day. The next thing he required was a life sustaining fluid, which was also a key element in the process. He sent one of his guards out to seek the fluids he requirred. When the guard returned, he carried with him a container of milky fluid mixed with traces of blood. When questioned the guard revealed that the substance was amniotic fluid retrieved from a mother giving birth in the slave barracks. Now he had all the elements to complete his task.*

*DMD under the glow of randomly placed torches began the ritual. The body that was once inside of the black casket, now lay in a human sized basin on the floor. Inside the basin with the body, were the collected contents gathered days before. The chamber reeked with the smell of death and bodily fluids. The final part of the process required DMD to do something he had never done before. He would have to pour raw dark side energy into the basin, but there were only two ways to do it. Abandoning his body to become a dark side spirit then entering the host body and super charging the mix with his essence. The other method was the use of force lightening. DMD had never manifested this dark side ability or even tried it, but the process had to be done tonight. The alignment of the stars was in the right position for the procedure.*

He began by reciting the encantation in ancient Sith dialect that had not been spoken for thousands of years. A breeze founds its way into the chambers, causing the torches to wave and flicker. Then came the part that required the dark side energy. He extended his hands out before him and focused on the body that eagerly awaited resurrection. The room became quite, but nothing happened.*

No! I am to close to fail!

*He began to walk out of the room to take a break, but found himself gazing at one of the tapestries of the former Sith Empress. The picture illustrated on of her dark smile that he had become so accustom to seeing during his time in the temple. He palced one of his hands on the tapestry, rubbing the smooth material that made up the picture. Then he thought about how she betrayed him. Leaving him to rot in the dungeons, then becoming romantically entangled with another man. But not just any man. DMD's sworn enemy. The Zabarak known as Barohm Zar. For a moment he tried to picture the two of them together, sharing an embrace or worst yet, a kiss. The thought made him furious. His hands tingled with power. He had not even realized that his hand had burned a hole through the picture to the stone wall behind it. When he realized what had happen he ran over to the site of the ritual and resumes reciting the encantation.*

*Using the newly found ability to channel force lightening, DMD let it flow from his fingertips into the basin. Raw dark force energy poured into the fluids and into the body causing it to spasm and jerk uncontrollably. The contents of the basin around the body became super heated and turned into a thick cloud of smoke. The room was quite ans still. The smoke had extinguished all the torches which provided light in the chamber. The basin glowed white hot in the center of the room. Then DMD saw a figure moving int he background. As the figure came closure, DMD bent down on one knee and bowed his head.*

Welcome back, my lord.

spawn.jpg

*Taking in his first breath since his death, the dark Master sits up from the basin, and looks blindly at DMD, not recognizing him at first. Then, as if a light turned on, recognition set in.*

Diabolus? You are Darth Mortis Diabolus. You are the one that has brought life into my once-dead body.

*Getting out of the basin, he stands wobbily on his new legs. DMD comes up and offers the Master a cloak to cover himself up.*

This will be remembered, my faithful subject. I have need to get to my temple.

Your death at my hands is still only YOUR death.

untitled.JPG

*DMD motioned for his friend to rise to his feet.*

Darth Torment, why do you do such things? We are equals, my Sith brother. When the time came for my insurrection, you were the only one who had enough guts to stand up and side with me, against the dictatorship Emperor Ar-pharazon created. If for no other reason than that, I will always trust you and honor you with my friendship.

As for my great war................

It would appear that it has ended. Darth Heretic has been resurrected by my very hands. The fate of the Sith is now in his hands to decide. If you like you may return to the temple. I however, plan to remain on this world I created and shaped. Byss is now and forever my home. I have plans in place to make it a powerful military force and even open a Shadow Academy to teach dark side devotees the true ways of the Sith. As for MIA former apprentice Khaos Anarch, if he ever resurfaces he is welcome to stay on Byss if he chooses. So what will you do Torment? Will you return to the temple or stay and help me?

spawn.jpg

So what will you do Torment? Will you return to the temple or stay and help me?

It was not even a question on Torment's mind, he had already pledged not to return to the Temple. He had experience annewed power, and he was not prepared to relinquish it.

"Lord Diabolous, I will not go back, I will stay here. I shall see to this new rogue Jedi faction and recruit as many as possible to increase our power."

With that, Darth Torment strode away to his ship.

torment.jpg

*The domed city-fortress rises from beneath the the cold waters of the lake. The lake itself, is the result of the unusual dry seasonson caused by the increased temperatures that aided in the reformation of Byss. When the seasons bcome regular the tides will once again join the lake with it's near by cousin, the ocean.*

*The night before, after the departure of Darth Torment, DMD to experiment with local lifeforms. Under the pale glow of moonlight, he threw arious chemicals and mutagenes into the enclosed body of water. He placed his hands into the water and let the dark side take over his mind, while guiding his hands. The lake developed an errie fog that hung over it like a thin veil. The water, which was deep, began to stir and churn. A glowing light filled the lake. Beneath the surface, otherwise harmless lifeforms changed into larger more lethal killers. Simple fish that feed on underwater plant life, became carnivorous. Alien amphibians lept from the wayers mutating into hulking creatures with vemon infested mouths and long, dark claws. DMD knew that by contaminating the waters with his power that creature who fed drom the lake would be changed as well. And so the process began. Byss was well on its' way to becoming an unfriendly enviroment.*

*Feeling the strain from his recent resurrection process and the creation of feirce darkside monsters, he decided that he needed a place to channel the force, along with some new ideas. DMD raised the dome that protected his city-fortress and lowered into the the dark waters below. He went into his hangar and loaded a Sentinel Class shuttle with supplies and a squad of Sith War droids for added protection. The Shuttle took of out of the hidden hanger inside of the cliff, above the lake. His coordinates were set, leaving his navi-comp the task of plotting the shortest but most direct route. With the course confirmed the shuttle made the jump to lightspeed and vanished.*

spawn.jpg

• 1 month later...

X lets his ship move, and pull itself into the gravity of the planet. Cloaking stays on the whole time, and he feels his body refueling itself as he presses on farther into this new place. He lets the ship get associated with the feilds of this vast planet, and it lands. Ironic as it seems, a loud tump could be heard as nothing really hit the ground. The ground where "nothing" was began to press in, and sand built up, as a hole seemed to appeard from no where. From that a person walked out, hood over his head, hands infront of him, folded, and takes his last step to reach the planet's surface. He sees a person standing there, he does not know who he is, but he hesitates. From no where, beyond his control, against his will even, his voice said to him "I am looking for a..." X noticed himself saying this, but could not stop it. "Frank. A great Sith, i have come to consult with him." X gasped, and took a breath, as to make sure he was still in control of his body. He then awaited an answer from the mysterious person standing there...

I am the Darkness that retreats against you. I come in the blackness of night. Nothing stands as i walk.