Space

Ary the Grey

* Impede sat in the seat looking into the deep black space. He turned to Viper and then back to the controls. He pressed a few keys and turned the ship on to auto-pilot.*

" Viper, Im going to take a short nap. If you need me Ill be in the first room down the hall."

* Impede got up and walked down the hall of the ship. *

SIG.jpg

The lone A-Wing traveled through hyperspace, lost in his own battle of inner turmoil. He had taken the lives of others, not for the greater good, not for the protection of others, but for his own amusement. If he had been fighting for justice his fighting would have been linear and straight forward..but no, he pulled out all the stops and hot shotted his way through the battle. He enjoyed showing off his talent and in return it must have meant he enjoyed the carnage that resulted from that talent. Andon cleared his mind and opened his thoughts up to the Force hoping to find some kind of peace, but the Force merely cursed him...

The pain, it was blinding, images scorched through his mind as he tried to make sense of one from another. Ilum, they would return there and it too would be plagued. His mind flashed to a girl...he would train her. It changed focuses again, he was on a planet now surrounded by others he knew and others he didn't...they were training in ways he had never seen but that all shown as familar. The Jedi's face flashed in his mind again, that same symbol burning within his conciousness, the death of a Sith...it all played over and over again until silence echoed. Then it was broken with a single command.

"Choose, choose, choose, choose, choose, CHOOSE"

With that the vision ended as his NavComp when off, he was nearing Pacalis City.

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

*Viper nodded knowing better than to prod Impious further and ask him where they were heading. He seemed to be in a' mood' , as if he has something important on his mind and frankly she didnt blame him. The other Sith had obviously been some sort of leader of the sith hierchy.Still, she was no fool. She knew what they were on about. Changing her course of though she concentrated on the beauty of open space as she eased into her chair.Wondering where they were headed to...*

DartheSerpentress.jpg

Mock me And I Will Strike You Down

* After a hour Impede awoke from the bed. He was sweaty from the nightmare he had. They began to come every night. He got out of the bed and wiped his face. Impede stood up and saw his aprintice Viper sitting.*

" Were heading for Corusant. I need a drink."

* Impede sat down and jumped the ship to hyperspeed. They reached the dark planet and entered the atmosphere.*

SIG.jpg

Once the battered Corellian Corvette entered the endlessness of Hyperspace, the apprentice turned to his Master, that same problem plaguing him once more.

"Master, my actions on Coruscant don't deserve praise. I was reckless, taking risks whenever I saw fit, and that is the problem. I took the lives of men, they were Imperials..but they were humans non the less and I killed them. I wasn't doing it out of justice...I enjoyed it. I knew it had to be done, but I showed off while doing so, taking pleasure in the way that I flew...so that must have meant that I took pleasure in killing them. Does that sink me to their level or does it make me far worse?"

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

"It makes you different."

Hale Akturus closes his eyes and sighs.

"We are in the middle of a war, Andon. Believe me; nothing is ever straightforward in times like these. You taking pleasure in killing the Imperials back there was wrong, but killing them was not. You may think that you were taking unnecessary risks in terms of your flying, but some of the stunts you pulled were impressive. Ask yourself this, was the Force guiding your actions?"

Akturus opens his eyes, and turns to Andon.

"A fully trained Jedi Knight does not take pleasure in the taking of lives. I am not sure if you truly enjoyed eliminating our foes back there; only you know that for sure. But if you really did enjoy taking the lives of those Imperials, we must work so that you never find pleasure in killing again. A fully trained Jedi Knight, with the Force as his ally, does what needs to be done. You must learn to control your emotions better; you must not give in to the temptations of the dark side of the Force."

The Bhelliom makes its way through hyperspace, Faust adding a second layer or durasteel to reinforce the patch on his ship, welding it with his lightsaber. As he works, light opera from his favorite piece plays in the background, his voice seemingly distant as he speaks to Reagan.

"The Shadow Rider left orbit at about the same time we did, though we should make it their first. For all the work he did on this ship, it's among one of the fastest and most manuverable small fighters in the galaxy." The lightsaber snaps off and Faust puts it aside, checking his work.

"Don't relax yet Reagan," Faust states, looking over his shoulder to his passanger. "If Raska can put down Fifty million on your pretty little head then he will have invested quite a bit into securing that station. I'm still almost tempted to see what happens when it goes off, but that would be bad for business. There are only two reasons your alive now. One, I'm willing to believe that you fired my ships guns to seperate Piccolo and myself. The second is that I'm saving the galaxy for the sake of my own reputation. For your head and ten million, which is quite a healthy catch, you get to tell everyone how I saved the day."

Faust laughs, turning back to preparing his ship for combat. "It's not a noble cause I fight for, but for the fight itself. In that my name will live forever, even after my hunt has ended."

The Bhelliom drops out of space near at the Cyranat Cluster. A blazingly set of stars burn together. Amid that helionic brilliance a large dark stain is seen. Faust's blue eyes fix upon Raska's tool of cosmic omnicide with a mixture of cold admiration and even colder hatred. As a precaution, Faust activates his jammers, a slim hope entering his mind that Raska did not send the word to fire yet.

"Show time."

With that, the sub-light engines on the Bhelliom blast into full power, a testament to the well built ship that was the other half of a man with an animal's soul and a killers heart. The ship shot at full speed towards the cluster- shields at full power, weapons all readied, and sensors doing their best to try and locate a weak spot so Faust could end this bloody affair once and for all.

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Punching in the return coordinates, Tash returns to bashing tools together with the Force. By the time that the ship warns him of incoming planet, there wasn't a usable tool on the ship. Switching back to manual, he steers his ship into Mimban atmosphere.

tashkri.jpg

Reagan came in and sat in the co-pilots seat. She sat there for a minute, and could not take the noise anymore. She reached over to the player, and got rid of that Opera Crap. She smiled at the sound of some good Rock'n'roll that now sounded through the ship.

"Now that is music, whatever that other crap you were listening too was, ewww." She looked out the viewport, and then over to Faust. "You know this is going to be a long shot right?" She started laughing as she saw Faust's face as he looked from her to the player.

Reagan.jpg

Faust's face doesn't change as he continues approaching the station, seemingly ignoring the loud, incesant din pouring out of his speakers. At once a very painful shock of electricity runs through the bottom of Reagan's seat, causing the bottom of her pants to smoke.

Without even physically adjusting the controls, the music switches back to Faust's opera.

"That was a warning, Reagan," Faust states in his killer's cold voice. "Consider it a spanking if you will. The next one will be more severe. If you ever, even think about touching my ship again..." Faust growls, regaining his temper and composure.

"Let me tell you a story. You're familiar with the Sarlacc pit, right? I've been in something that is about four times as painful and keeps you alive for up to 5,000 years and consumes their force energies and spirts as well- a kind of distant kin to the Sarlacc actually, located on a small backwater planet in the corporate sector. It's name translates roughly into our tongue as the Soul Eater of A Million Deaths. It was Kheldar who got us into that mess too back when we are all starting out during our pre GTG and Midsengard days- him, Norithan, Fhang, and myself. That stupid idiot offended the populace and we got thrown in there and would be there still except that thing was sentient and he somehow managed to fast talk it into letting us out." Faust shudders at the horrid memory of that experience, then his voice drops lower still to a corusca hard grate.

"Mess with my music again and I'll personally feed you to it and send in one of my remotes to record every last agonizing detail."

"As I've said, he was an idiot, but this ship can handle anything that station can throw at us. We just need one clean shot and we have it. Rane should be here any minute now too." He grits his teeth. "We're entering sensor range in less than thirty seconds. Get ready."

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Reagan glared over at him and pushed her hair off her face. "You suck you know...that music is giving me a head ache. Lets listen to silence if nothing else."

She looked at the station, "Hope you are not counting on Rane for back up. Cause if you are, you could get burnt."

she looked at the player again..."Will you change that horrid noise?"

Reagan.jpg

"No."

Goddamnit woman... you are going to be the death of me...

"No," Faust, irritated to the point where even his animal nature grew weary, reaches over and presses a small red button on his control panel.

Several small arms emerge from the side of the co-pilots seat, usually used for restraining passengers. Faust, knowing that would not muzzle the complaints over his music, decides to make his own, gives the restraining arms other directives to shut Reagan up. Instead of holding her down, the small hands start poking and prodding her sides and ribs, sending out gales of laughter. While louder and more raucus, Faust found it at least a lot more amusing.

What's sad is this is an improvement. It's ruined the opera, but oh well. Stubborn she is... I'm not sure if want to kiss her or kill her... Probably both... This is why I really hate these stupid human emotions.

"Was the Force Guiding my actions," he thought to himself. Maybe, it was hard for him to tell...it was almost like his motives during the battle were beginning to escape him. It made him different....was it true, did regreting taking the lives of others make it alright? It was all to much, he couldn't do this again, it was the Naboo Royal Air Force all over again. The death, the carnage, the glory; it all came flooding back to him as he sat their pondering things of yesteryear. The way he had flown over Coruscant was the way he had always flown: brash, fearless and at break-neck speeds, maybe he was a killer all along. Or maybe not, in all the years he was there he had always felt as if he had had an edge over the other pilot's...like there was something about him that no other could match. In that moment he knew his answer.

"Master, the Force was guiding my actions...I guess it always has. I don't think I took pleasure in death, but instead I took pleasure in the way I flew, through all the chaos I had a smile on my face and I felt guilty."

He could feel his Master's resolve and that brought a sense of much needed serenity to his own aura. That word though, "impressive", he had been called many things over the years, but impressive was never one of them. He felt that same casual smirk form at the corners of his mouth.

"Hot shottin' it use to be so much easier..."

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Laughing uncontrolably, she fought with the chairs new found arms. Finally grabbing two of the smallish hands or whatever they were, she used her own arms to hoist herself up and flipped backwards out of the chair. She stood up and glared at Faust. No one had done anything like that to her since she was a child, and Dex paid harshly for it.

"Oh, you are going to pay for that."

Reagan.jpg

"I know what you mean. I used to be a smuggler before I met Master BLCKCLONE. It seems like an entire lifetime ago."

A white light on one of the control panels begins to flash, and Hale Akturus returns his attention to the controls - the Jedi Knight throws several switches to his left, and then pushes forward on a control stick next to Andon. A second later, the ship emerges out of hyperspace. Ilum hung in the near distance like a perfect white jewel ”“ looking just the same as it did when the two Jedi had first arrived.

The ship descends to the surface of the frozen planet ”“ Akturus once again moves the ship toward the area where the Jedi Temple had once stood. As the ship lands, Akturus turns his attention back to his apprentice.

"Hope you still have those lightsaber designs..."

Faust's sensor readings come back on the station. Taking aim for some of the stations's shield generators and laser batteries, Faust passes into range of its fire, opening full blast with his quad lasers and ion cannons, weaving as he fires to throw off any lock- counting on his cybernetic link to the ship to give him responses on par, if not surpassing that of a force user.

"Somehow I doubt it Reagan," Faust states dryly as he pilots and tries to take out the station's shields. "I was introduced to that tactic when a wealthy and very cruel merchant hired me to kill his wife's lover. I couldn't harm her; that was made very clear, but I she had information I needed that she would not give willingly. Three hours later, we both had a good laugh and she finally broke, not only telling me her lover's name, but confessing every single wrong she's done since pre-school like I was a priest. At that point I hunted the lover down, knowing his name and identity, then proceeded to flay him alive and burn him to death; all recorded it for the husband's viewing pleasure. The head of the lover still decorates their bedroom as a reminder of the merits of fidelity." Faust gives a merciless grin as he speaks, twisting the ship aside swiftly and unpredictably to avoid any possible return fire, and incidentally throwing Reagan back into the still active hot seat.

Thankfully the renewed sound of laughter and the loud spurts of laser fire do not deminish the overpowering fury and glory in the opera playing from Faust's speakers.

I haven't seen that thing's defense activate and return fire yet... This could be troublesome...

Raska Thrane's voice resonates throughout the station.

Terminate that ship, you fools!

Two dozen starfighters pour out from an opening near the bottom of the station. The fighters are spherical in shape, and advance on the intruders at an amazing speed. Inside the lead fighter, the pilot known as Death One grins as pushes down on the firing studs on his control sticks. Brilliant blasts of red energy lance forth towards Vladimir Faust's ship. As Death One fires, the other fighters break away and spread out.

repsisig.png

Member of the Four Horsemen

Immediately, Reagan is buckled down into her seat, left in relative peace. Play time was over. Faust pulls on the controls, opting to use the manual piloting as he take the Bhelliom into a calculated spin, dodging the energy blasts from Death One's ships. Faust aims a series of shots at Death One as he swoops past, but fails to find his mark.

As he swoops past, he notes the other ships, spread out, and still gunning it at top speed, runs ahead of them before turning around, letting all two dozen of those ships place Faust between themselves and the station.

Facing Death One head on, Faust waits a half moment, mentally adjusting the comm channels before charging again, both quad lasers aimed at the one who fired on him with his ion cannons aimed out to the side to discourage interferance from the other ships, almost as if Faust wished to challenge the one that fired at him to a one on one dogfight. Immediately Faust breaks into his cold laughter as he speeds forth, guns blazing.

Aboard the other fighters and in the station itself a music pours through their communication arrays, hurting their ears and taking them by surprise. Amid a deafenly loud and woeful tenor, singing of the tragic loss of his beloved, Faust's insane, maniacal laughter can be heard as his beautiful opera bursts forth.

Rocketblaze thought for a brief moment - Done.

"There are plenty of reasons. Respect is a big one. Being a Master in the Order is a great boost to your status, thus helping you to more easily get things done. It's also an overall boost to Sith morale to have a fellow Darksider attain the highest honor that we bestow as a collective body. I'd like to add Mastery of Dark Arts onto my Doctorate, too. And as I'm the Steward of Magog, mastership in the Order will only enhance my authority over the city. I feel that it is time to complete that which your brother began with me. I carry his legacy with me always, and I now wish to work at making my own."

Rocketblaze hiked his right pant leg up, showing Tarrian the wicked dagger that Ar-Pharazon had given him. It was secured in a sheath that faced the inside of his opposite leg. Doc Roc rotated his leg clockwise to give her a better view of the veteran weapon.

"He gave it to me because he could not complete my first trial. Now I feel that completing my training would be the perfect gift to compliment his glory."

As Rocketblaze moved his leg back and dropped the pant leg, he realized that he was lightly feeling Tarrian. This was no minor sense, but a true connection. He felt the Force that was connected to her, and he was happy for it. Doc Roc then knew that he could connect not only with those close to him, but with those that simply embraced the darkness as well. It was more than knowing that the Force was there... It was knowing her general emotion via the Force. With that realization he showed nothing, simply waited for her to reply to his answer. Rocketblaze knew that she would be aware of his newly heightened connection, but he felt satisfied that he had fulfilled another aspect of the Force simply by talking.

RBgun.jpg

PSN ID: Lord-Pent

Character Sheet

"What the?"

Death Two cries out in frustration as strange noise blasts out of his single earpiece. With a snarl, the pilot pulls the earpiece out, and casts it aside as he swerves his fighter to avoid fire from the enemy ship. A moment later, two other fighters pull alongside Death Two's craft and the trio swing around to attack Vladimir Faust's ship. With a look of intense pleasure, Death Two presses down on his control stick's firing buttons. The beams of energy from Death Two's craft lick the side of Faust's ship. Death Seven and Hustle Four, the pilots flying the two fighters flying alongside Death Two's craft, fire moments later.

Meanwhile, the center of the station begins to glow.

repsisig.png

Member of the Four Horsemen

The Shadow Rider finally emerges out of hyperspace. Rane Scando curses and pounds his fists against the controls as he watches several strange fighters attack Vladimir Faust's familiar ship ”“ the party had started without him. His hands dancing across the controls, Scando fires up the Shadow Rider's forward laser cannons and the targeting computer. One of the blasts hits Death Two's fighter square in the middle - it explodes. Another blast rips into the side of one of the fighters next to Death Two's fighter - it explodes as well.

That hunk of metal is starting to glow. Want to cover me, Faust?

Faust swings around, quickly checking the damage to his ship. As the Shadow Rider breaks past the Killuminati ships, Faust fires off one of his diamond boron missiles into the clustered ships, watching it explode.

"Shields," he growls to Reagan. "We're still in good shape." Pulling up ahead of Rane, Faust comms his fellow bounty hunter:

Try and take out the shields on that station. (A clear image of the station from Faust's sensors flashes on the Shadow Rider- pinpointing known generators and lasers). All I want is a clear shot near the main firing mechanism with a couple of my missiles. I should be able to drill through the hull and take that thing into overload.

Faust speeds ahead, watching the station take on a sickly glow, knowing it could spell the end of the galaxy. Sighing and with a feeling in the pit of his stomach, Vladimir Faust sends one last message to his fellow bounty hunter:

Rane, may the force be with you.

Doc Roc leaned back and spoke as he thought.

"I've trained both Garet Jax and Tashkri to their Lordships after Kakuto Ryu, which you already knew about. I took it upon myself to earn a degree from the Hollywood Upstairs Medical School, and am now Dr Rocketblaze. Once Ar-Pharazon finished the city of Magog and it's Dark Tower, I agreed to serve as Steward of the City. Thus, I am now qualified to serve medical needs, political needs, and use those around me for military needs, even throwing myself into combat if needed. I have surrounded myself with compotent Sith and continue to give them direction. What I have done to add to the Sith is to take a leadership role among a group of them while improving myself."

Rocketblaze was aware of his advantages and hoped that he had conveyed them properly. He became eager for more conversation with each exchange, and now spoke intently to Tarrian. It was so rare to find a Sith who could hold a good conversation that he had to make the most of the opportunity.

RBgun.jpg

PSN ID: Lord-Pent

Character Sheet