Space

Ary the Grey

"Mine. I'm going to need control to properly set you on the right path. Here, I have it. More or less."

Aryian waved his hand, and a small child appeared, a girl of no more than six. She looked vaguely like Dahar, and instantly shied away from Aryian and gripped Dahar, hiding from Aryian. Subtly, Aryian wove bonds between the two, attempting to manipulate Dahar's emotions. The former Grandmaster would likely be able to tell this if he focused on it for a moment, as Aryian wasn't trying particularly hard to hide it, but still wanted to make this seem as realistic as possible.

"Your daughter? Adorable."

Aryian hoped to move with enough speed that Dahar wouldn't have a chance to realize what had happened until everything was over, that she was really only a figment of Aryian's imagination, the sensation of belonging to her faked. But...his reaction and subsequent emotional response, that was going to be very real. Again, he reached his hand out, and violently jerked the girl into the air, gripping her tight with the Force. She whimpered, and then began to scream as it appeared that Aryian tore at her through telekinetic energies, ripping her apart atom by atom, dissolving her as if she were being dipped into a vat of acid.

A tear welled in the corner of Aryian's eye as he listened to the screams, the screams of a thousand innocents ringing in his ears. Needless tragedies replaying over and over, more than just the now bloodied flesh-stripped girl dangling in front of him. Beings from times past that he couldn't save because he wasn't fast enough, strong enough, powerful enough...but it was a hell he'd created for himself, not the one he'd created for Dahar. He needed to focus.

If the Grey Master was lucky, Dahar wouldn't outright attack him. But if that were the case, this was certainly a place he could endure it.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

((Co-written))

Raia drew her arm back and turned away from it and from Emily, feeling frustrated at the logic her master presented. She didn't want to think about the very things Emily had pointed out so earnestly. Her stomach dropped and she started to cry again, her homesickness echoing through the Force to Emily as she turned back toward the other woman and buried her head in Emily’s shoulder, sobbing.

“T-they didn't happen b-before I was t-aken,” she murmured softly as she tried to gain control in face of the emotions that confronted her now. “M-maybe if I go home...They'll stop. At least no one can use me there. I can't h-hurt anyone if I'm in the jungle by myself. Please...you promised. I want it to stop. If it won't, then I want to be home.”

“You can't hurt people?” Emily countered. “Raia, you haven't hurt anyone! Listen to me. I don't know what you're thinking, but none of this is your fault. None of it is because of you. I...I don't know whose fault it is, honestly, but I do know none of it is due to you.”

She paused. “What will you do back on Dathomir?”

Before Raia could reply the Jedi appeared from the direction of the cockpit. Emily raised her eyebrows. She was starting to get annoyed at the Jedi.

“I apologize for the interruption,” Xae quickly explained, picking up on the ire from the other two, “but I was catching up on the recent events on Coruscant and...Well, there's something you need to see since it directly affects you and Raia.” The Jedi’s face was tense as she keyed up the lounge’s holovid reader and played the mandate from the new head of the Imperial Remnant.

After the message had played Raia looked up in confusion, not sure she'd translated correctly, but instinctively she knew it was bad. “What does it mean?” She still clung to Emily, but the message had stilled her tears.

“I'm sorry,” Xae offered genuinely, looking to Emily. Seeing this particular group of Sith up close had made her realize that not everything was as cut and dry as the Order had made it out to be.

Emily sighed. Another wrinkle. War was coming again. “Well that's going to cause a lot of fighting. The Sith won't be happy about that. It may even draw the Dark Lord out of hiding.”

She sighed again. “And somehow I don't think they will take our word on it that we aren't Sith. They're going to be hunting us.”

Xae shifted uncomfortably, rising again and extricating herself from the conversation and the lounge, but not before adding, “I’m an Exorcist, and even I know that this is likely to cause more harm than good to the galaxy.”

Raia pulled away from Emily and looked at her, a new resolve evident in her eyes and body language. “I won't go. I don't want to be in a prison again. They'd never find me on Dathomir and I don’t think they'd try…” she looked at Emily one last time, pleading with her master who'd promised her a measure of safety when she'd taken her from the station.

Emily met her eyes. She was torn. The idea of leaving Raia to fend for herself on Dathomir was anathema. She wasn’t going to abandon the girl, even if that was what Raia was asking. But the idea of going to Dathomir herself, of staying with Raia there...that didn’t seem to be the right path. If the Empire was going to start hunting Sith, who was to say that they wouldn’t also hunt the Nightsisters? That would bring them to Dathomir, and the Empire was nothing if not efficient. And Raia had no one to defend her.

Finally, she slowly nodded. She had to give Raia her best chance, and if the girl believed that was on Dathomir, who was Emily to argue? She hadn’t been making the best decisions recently herself, so it was probably better to trust that Raia knew what she was doing. “If that’s what you really want…” she replied slowly. “I just wish...I wish that you could control the Force within you better. You are a very special and incredible young woman,” she added, her voice cracking again. “I...I’m sorry I wasn’t a better master.”

Just another failure for Emily to add to her pile. Roe’gall nudged her shoulder and whuffed, distressed by the emotions he was sensing, then did the same to Raia. A pang shot through Emily as an idea came to her mind. Perhaps Raia didn’t have to be completely alone.

Raia hugged her again, fiercely. “Thank you! You have done so much for me already Emily. I don't think I'd be willing to try if it wasn't for you. You haven't failed me...”

That remains to be seen, Emily thought with a trickle of foreboding. She wasn’t convinced Raia knew what she was getting herself into, but it was her decision. Emily couldn’t argue with that. She rose. “Well, if we’re going to Dathomir, I’d better change course.”

She headed back to the cockpit. There was a moment of vibration in the decking as she took the Shadow’s Shine out of hyperspace, a pause as she got the new navpoints from the computer, and then a gentle shudder as it reentered hyperspace.

She was so weary. Nothing was going right. Sorrow and anger and pain all continued to collide within her, mixed with a strange sense of disbelief. It was like she couldn’t comprehend that everything was over. She bit her lip again, and realized it was already ragged.

Rising from the pilot’s seat, she headed back to the lounge. “Raia...can I ask...what happened with that Force vortex you were sucked into?”

Emily%202015_zps34rpkjob.jpg

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

Roughly in the middle of the hyperspace jump towards Dathomir, Raynuk found himself restless amidst the silence of the cockpit. 2-VSH was a welcome addition in terms of piloting and logistics of the ship, but was poor when it came to giving Raynuk distractions from his mental exhaustion. It finally grew to be too much, and he rose from the pilot’s seat and exited the cockpit, ignoring the look 2V gave him as he left.

He headed for the galley, having realized as he moved that it had been a while since he had eaten anything; and that was one problem that was small enough to be solved easily enough. He silently moved through the galley, collecting ingredients; some bread, three different types of meat, leafy green and some finely aged cheese. It was a rare respite away from his own mind, solely focused on making his sandwich that the rest of the galaxy fell away from his thoughts.

Once the triple-decker sandwich was exquisitely completed and found itself clutched between his hands, Raynuk exited the galley and wandered around his ship aimlessly, completely transfixed on shoving the sandwich in his mouth and into his soon to be content stomach. He ended up in the cargo hold on the lower level of his ship, and found a different sort of peace nestled among the crates of supplies; at atmosphere that while it was solitary, did not give the feeling of being alone. It was a strange balance to experience, let alone explain in the moment. Raynuk however did not concern himself with how he was going to explain it, choosing instead to sit down and lean back against one of the crates to finish his sandwich as the hum of his ship surrounded him.

Feeling quite full after his large snack, Raynuk decided to check in on Vex’aedr and see how the beast was enjoying a space that was created just for him; something Raynuk had not been able to do yet since he picked up the Ravenhammer. Working his way back up to the upper deck and through the crew lounge, Raynuk found himself standing outside the doorway to the Vex’aedr’s room. The door had been left open so that the tuk’ata could come and go as it pleased, but could of course be secured within if the need arose. Currently, Vex’aedr was lounging around on the padded floor, leaning against the large pillow that apparently the tuk’ata had indeed dragged back from the infirmary. Vex’aedr turned to look at Raynuk as he approached, offering a low whuff before turning and licking at the pillow. It only occurred to Raynuk then that the pillow probably carried Raia’s scent, a fresh stab of sadness striking through him then.

“We’ll be somewhere totally new soon. Lots to smell, sniff, scratch, and potentially eat.” He told his pet, sounding like he was trying to give himself something to look forward to instead of the tuk’ata.

Getting little more than an incredulous look from Vex’aedr before he turned back to rest his snout on his paws, Raynuk turned and left again, having been struck with an urge to check Raia’s room. He crossed his ship almost hesitantly, not entirely sure of his urge to check the room. It was likely going to bring anew the feelings he was trying to avoid, but it might somehow serve to reassure him of the decision that was made.

Standing at the door to Raia’s room, which had been closed in the wake of the girl’s departure, Raynuk hesitated for a moment before pressing the panel to open the door, which slid open at his beckon. The room was darker than most of the others; a result of the massive amount of paint that now covered the three visible walls. He stepped inside, turning around a few times to take in the details of the jungle scene that Raia had painted. It was a scene he realized he had seen before; it had served as the backdrop for their impromptu journey into the Force that had in turn caused so much distress.

As he continued to look around the room, he noticed that Raia had not taken all of her possessions from the room. Whether it was accidental, or deliberate –which was the more likely—the girl had left behind the paint set that she had used to paint this very room, along with the tiny metal rancor statue that had been a large part of her rescue from the Force dream. Two of the items he had purchased for her in an effort to make the girl’s transition into the wider galaxy easier; having them left behind by Raia added a new sting of sorrow to his mind.

The sting did not last long however, as 2-VSH’s voice came over the intercom.

<>

Raynuk nodded, even though there was no one there to see it and turned to leave the room, but paused. Turning around and picking the metallic rancor from where Raia had left it, he tucked it into one of the pouches on his belt before exiting and heading back towards the cockpit.

Once there, Raynuk watched as 2V pulled the Ravenhammer out of hyperspace, and the giant sphere that was Dathomir filled his view. As his droid copilot began moving the ship in closer, Raynuk sent a comm intended for Draken and Alora.

1fE1uLv.png

I ate a hippo. It was delicious.

May the Forth therve you well...

Raia shifted on the sofa so she was facing Emily instead of sitting at her side. Finally being on her way home seemed to have calmed her a bit. “It wasn't like my normal visions...this one was...odd,” she began and launched into every vivid detail she could remember and explain adequately in basic. She told of Tirzah, the Emily-cat, Hatter-Raynuk, the Dark King and Queen and their fearsome Furion beast.

As she finished a pang of guilt hit her over her parting with Raynuk and leaving the rancor behind. She grew quiet before leaning wearily against Emily again. “Do I have to share with the Jedi? I can't stand her.”

Emily listened to it all, attempting to make sense of the strange world the two girls had co-created. Hearing the tale of Raynuk’s heroism stabbed at her heart as she held the girl close. “No, you can stay with me if you want.”

They sat there in silence for a while after that, both weary with sorrow. Emily could sense that Xae had retreated to the crew quarters, and was either meditating or asleep. She wondered idly why Raia disliked her so. The Jedi was awkward, but she had helped with Raia’s trial, and Emily wasn’t going to forget that. But regardless, she’d have to figure out what to do with the Jedi tagalong. Maybe she’d want to stay on Dathomir too. Otherwise, she could bring her to Raxus Prime, give her a ship, and send her on her way. Or...an idea stirred in her mind, but she was so exhausted that she lost the train of her thought immediately.

She roused herself. “We both need to get some sleep,” she said softly. Rising, she headed to her quarters. The door slid open--and for a split second, Emily thought a turbolaser blast had shaken the ship. Then she realized the sensation was internal. She staggered against the door frame. Raynuk’s face swam before her eyes.

“So, captain,” he smirked, “shall I be snuggling with the tuk’atas tonight?”

She felt like she couldn’t breathe. She had been so happy...so blind. Had he simply been using her? Manipulating her? Had his passion for her already begun to die, even as they made love to each other?

She forced herself to take a long, slow, shaky breath, and then exhaled just as slowly. Don’t think about that, she told herself over and over, chanting in her mind as almost a mantra as she took off her boots and unwound her arm wraps. But once she was in bed, she curled up and couldn’t prevent the tears from flowing.

Raia slipped into bed beside her, and the girl’s presence was soothing, but Emily’s pillow was soon soaked. She wept, until exhaustion and numbness descended, and she slept.

Raia’s battle with sleep was a bit longer than Emily’s as she hugged the other woman offering what comfort she could. Her mind was still reeling with everything that had happened in the last several hours and her thoughts returned back to the discarded drawing that remained shoved under her locker on Raynuk’s ship along with the rest of her art supplies. She hoped it would all be okay, eventually.

OGKL9H5.png

PMs need to be sent to Mirdala if you want a timely response.

Provide anonymous IC feedback here.

Once again, Emily was alone. One by one, they had all slipped out of her life as quickly as they had come. Raia was gone, Alora was gone, Jaina was gone, and Quietus was gone. This time, even Roe'gall was gone. She honestly couldn't say if she would ever see any of them again. Or, in the case of some, whether she even wanted to see them again. At least she could take some small measure of comfort that her relationship with Raia wasn't broken. Perhaps bent, and twisted, but not torn. The important part was that she had respected the girl's wishes.

But Emily never did well alone. The irony of that wasn't lost on her. A lot of her life she had spent alone. That thought was a solace to her--she knew she could live and survive and even grow alone. But she always hated it. She wasn't cut out for being alone.

She shook herself. it did no good to dwell on it. She was on her way back to Raxus Prime now, to figure out what had happened there. She had a suspicion that it was the Cult of Morthos. If so, she was even more invested in continuing to track them down. Even if it meant running into Quietus again. She grimaced. Well, she would make sure to start somewhere else. When they eventually crossed paths again, she could share her data professionally and calmly. They could be adults about this...even if it would cause her pain.

She wished she knew if he was in pain, too.

Clamping down on that dangerous thought, she rose and headed to the galley. It wasn't a long jump to Raxus Prime, but she hadn't eaten in a while. Besides, she had to keep herself busy or she'd think too much.

Looking through the food, nothing was looking particularly appetizing. What she really wanted was a nice big nerf steak, dripping with juices, with some garlic potatoes on the side...Sighing, she tossed some nerf medallions in the prep unit. They'd be dry and lacking flavor, but at least they were still nerf meat. Hypothetically.

Sitting down to eat, she let herself focus on nothing other than the food, as disappointing as it was. The quiet moments really were the worst. She couldn't stop herself from wondering where he was, what he was doing, what he was thinking...and if despite his words, he missed her as much as she missed him.

She rook a deep breath. This too shall pass, she promised herself. It will pass.

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

Xae remained in the bunk room, not wanting to intrude on Emily any more than she already had. She was glad the Force Master had been willing to let go of her attachment to Raia for the girl's good. Xae had had second thoughts when she saw what had awaited them over Dathomir, but she sensed it was where the girl was supposed to be, to whatever end.

Finally, her stomach spurred her to action and she emerged to the slightly tinged smell of meat that had been flash-heated and found Emily sitting in front of a now empty plate of food, no tuk'ata in sight and Xae didn't sense the beast on the ship.

"I apologize if I've been a nuisance," She began quietly. "You're free to drop me on any core world and I can meet back up with the Order from there, or..." the Jedi hesitated, "I could stay and help you sort out what happened to your home, if you'd like."

"I've also alerted the Order to the situation on Dathomir, so someone can intervene as well. Whatever my own feelings about my homeworld, I'll not see it burn under the likes of Black Sun."

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

As Emily finished her meal, she found she was able to start thinking rationally about everything. Her emotions hadn't faded, but they had cooled, and she could actually think about this whole mess logically.

As she did, she came to a certain realization. In a way, there had been warning signs for a long time. And it all boiled down to one fact: it didn't seem like Raynuk had ever loved her as much as she had loved him. She thought back over every time they had argued. In every case, he had always held that he had the superior moral ground. When she had finished her training on Mechis III early and met him at the KDY shipyards, he had lambasted her for interrupting his plans. She had blundered a little, true, but his reaction had been violent because she had put his plans at risk by showing up. When they had fought in the Last Call, he had jumped to the worst conclusion immediately, assuming she had worked with the Cult somehow to resurrect and betray him. And now he had tried to make it all about her when he was the one trying to have it both ways, trying to have two women at the same time.

And there were other instances that came to her mind. When he had betrayed her to Ar-Pharazon. When he had left her to struggle with the Dark Side as he focused solely on training Karys. He was constantly dragging her in his wake. The only time he had really ever put her first--her plans, her growth, her desires--was when he had come back to life and found her on Mechis III. And now, she wondered if part of that was his own selfish desire to have her. She had always dropped everything to be with him. Most notably her training with the Jedi. As soon as he had called, she had come running. At the time, she had felt drawn to him, an attraction to his power, to his promise to complete her training in the ways of the Sith. And that had been the time where she had ultimately lost her path. It had caused her to walk down a path she had never wanted to walk, and brought about the biggest mistakes and regrets of her life.

She felt a measure of disgust rise up in her. How true the saying was that love is blind. She had loved him so much that she hadn't seen that he wasn't what she deserved. She sighed. But even with all of that...she couldn't say she regretted it.

She took another bite of her food. Just then, Xae poked her head cautiously into the galley. Emily shook her head, a wry smile coming to her lips. "It's not your fault you got caught in the middle of all this. I'm sorry you were. The Force has rather interesting timing."

She rose. "Want something to eat?" She rifled through the food packs and displayed the Jedi's choices. Once Xae had picked one, Emily threw it in the food prep unit. As it heated, she thought about Xae's offer to come back to Raxus Prime. Part of her just wanted to be alone to lick her wounds. But she knew herself better than that. "Sure," she said after a while. "I'd appreciate your help figuring out what happened on Raxus Prime. I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was the Cult that we were all hunting. They seem to have turned some attention on me."

A thought occurred to her. "Maybe just because of him...maybe if they realize he left me, they'll think they wasted their time. That could work in my favor, because I'm not about to let them get away with ransacking my father's temple and killing all our slaves."

Kain had sat for what seemed like millenia. No orders. Not a single one. His operatives had failed, his resources diminished, his very existence nearly archaic in the disgusting political scheme that had become of the Empire. Imperial Remnant, they called it...and that's exactly what it was. Shattered and weak. Forced to ally itself with former foes, licking its wounds and falling prey to the tired rhetorical dogma of peace it had long touted. Soldiers had been replaced with politicians. Tools with lies.

If Kain had a real stomach, he was certain he'd be sick to it. And now...he was forced to strike a deal he wasn't happy about. Chained to the Sith for the time being, but at least their track record held firm to the only logic this universe seemed to follow. And, at the least, it was a step forward. An awkward one, but any measure at this juncture was preferable to inaction. That was where the Empire found itself now, inactive, unwilling to rise and reclaim its glory, to strengthen the galaxy and unite it into a proper militaristic and economic machine of prosperity and might.

Execute.

Kain activated his shuttle's hyperdrive, pushing into hyperspace like a cucumber into a middle-aged unattractive single mother at the Fifty Shades Darker holomovie.

O1IsDR9.png

Like my posts? Google "zalgo font."

If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, have some taste.
Use all your well-learned politics, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

The travel was quiet within the small trade vessel, the man fitted himself with the skin of battle in the midst of the infinite dark. All communications since his departure had ceased to exist, and there was none that followed him to converse with. His mind was resolute and partnered with an oppressive focus; sharpened to an undivided objective that could not afford the distractions anyhow. He had fed on the Force since he had left, and when his stomach attested, he dissected a portion of Cushnip that was prepared for his excursion. When his destination drew into his field of vision, he smiled.

P3UXctm.gif

Tomalauin’kquintan’tus squinted, his red eyes dropped to a glare. He had been waiting for this message for a week now. A deep breath- inhaling. While he was eager to move along- he was a Jedi, and nothing if not patient. He had waited for so long for the new Commissioner of CoreSec to contact him, then be in position to link up with Sarah and her guest. But the commissioner hadn't replied to his message. With the tower having an incident, he understood and would have to keep a look out for a reply whenever they got established on Kuat. He made sure to send them a donation on behalf of himself and the Jedi Order. Or rather, Lord Peregrin and the Jedi Order. Tomalauin’kquintan’tus, was a Jedi Master. A teacher mostly, but he did have a successful past in the field. Which is how he got here- roped into a scheme with the new Jedi Master Tobias Vos. But with what Vos knew and spoke of- it was eye opening. It all made sense, and instead of sitting on the sidelines, he decided to do something about it. Lead by example. He objected to the fake name, but after it was all explained, he agreed to it.

He hadn't expected he had been sent back with a full team, or rather just the other surviving member. Which was who he was meeting right now. A small puddle jumper winked into the view port. It was easy to miss in all the black, but Tom could feel where to look with the Force. The comm panel crackled- they agreed on how to link their ships so Tom could talk to Sarah's guest. Why was it a secret? What was his role? He had taught how to use the Force to enhance one's senses and memory. Even to touch another ones senses and memory. What reason do they have for his lesson's to her guest? Who was her guest? Tomalauin’kquintan’tus reached out and- his red eyes bulged, was that really...?! How insane... He thought, linking the two ships- now more curious than anything.

Rushing, but not running, to the docking apparatus, he made his way over to the shuttle, and sure enough there was a clone of Tobias Vos there, a needle in his arm and he had hair, no beard. Tom didn't know what to say, think, or do. What this was was an abomination of the Force! Clones in general, but ones of Force Users?! Unknown, he couldn't make up his mind if he was angry or terrified or flabberghasted. They could effectively have Vos and his clones at two spots at once, this might be a great idea for what they had to do. But still.... Tom now questioned everything about the plan.

~~~

Sarah showed the Chiss Jedi the guest she had, but she didn't like it. Chiss never sat well with her, the idea. Her cheek almost healed, she stood halfway into the shadows of her ship. Mostly to hide the wound, but to observe this Peregrin. She knew there were six Peregrins out there, and four Shepards. By the Force, Vos did get in over his head. DuVos was icing on top of the crazy cake. He was the key for it all, apparently. Peregrin would look DuVos over for a bit- and then disconnect, then all she knew was it was a choice between two places, the Chiss would tell her which way to go.

Adrift in the infinite void of blackness that is the outer rim of space, an even more infinite void of darkness slept. Not a peaceful sleep. Not restful or serene. Not refreshing or restorative. Quite the opposite. Screaming…a decade of screams had been the only reality he had known. Absent of conscious thought or control, absent of the force, absent of life. Jareth’s statis had been long, haunting, and an inescapable nightmare of screaming. But, the Sith Master felt no pain or terror. Truer to say, he was comfortable with the nightmare, calm in the horrid destruction of all around him, reveling in the pain and suffering the deepest recesses of his mind manifest into his mind as clear and as real as anything he had ever known. Masses dying and crying out, meaningless but to feed his ire, his hatred. Solitary souls, personal and intimate, gasping for their last breath as he twisted their minds into chaos causing them to tear at their own flesh and die writhing in bloody wretched agony, worthless but to inch him closer to realization of his power once again.

All at once, and in a fury, he reached a tipping point. The capacity of his hatred, his anger finally breached and as the boundaries of his conscious poured out in darkness, the force returned to his control. To bend to his evil will, his destructive nature, and his vengeful heart.

Jareth’s pale grey eyes, misty like a fog set over an endless sea, opened and were met first with nothingness, his ears deaf but for the screams still echoing from his nightmares. Over the next few moments, or perhaps it was days, he couldn’t tell, the unconscious reality replaced itself with his actual surroundings. Hearing and sight returned, smell, feel, taste returned. Lights and sensors on his ship’s various readouts blinked at structured intervals, his heart rate improving to normal, his lungs taking over once more. Above all this however, the force seethed into him, fed his body, his muscles, and his skeletal structure. Filled with all the darkness he had poured into it, the force radiated through his being, filling all aspects of his existence. He was the force, all the worst parts of it, the most vile, the most traumatized and murderous aspects. He was connected to the galaxy in the realest way he had ever felt.

Fingers flexed, and his grip tightened around the controls of his HLAF fighter. His legs stretched and contracted within his armor. He had returned to the realm of the living and the living would rue this day…

Xae smiled at Emily and waved her hand aside. "Then we'll just keep chalking it up to me going along with its will, as is the Jedi way. And thank you, I would love something eat."

Once Emily had rejoined her while the food heated, "So...I've gotta ask...the blood. Is that a Sith Temple thing? I'll admit to our brief visit being the first time I've set foot in one. It's...unnerving to say the least, but that might be because I am an Exorcist who was trying to be a good guest in an unfamiliar situation." Gently and openly, Xae reached out to Emily with the Force non-intrusively getting a read on the other woman through the Force, much as she had when she'd first met Jaina.

"Emotion is a...funny thing...to the Jedi. We're taught to spend so much time focusing on the calm and peace the Force can bring and less on how to handle the darker emotions that exist within all of us and even the good ones that can be enormously complex that they can become darker versions of themselves..." She paused, knowing that things were still a fresh wound for Emily, but she also knew how hard it could be to move forward without processing it.

"You're probably wondering what a Jedi Knight like myself could even begin to know about such things," Xae sighed, wondering if she was going to overstep again, but decided to chance it anyway. "I have been in a similar situation. I was very nearly married to the Joreel Ordo I mentioned. Before he was the leader of his people he was my Master, though we became lovers toward the end of my training. The Order, as you're likely aware, forbids attachment, though things got fairly lax in enforcement during the war. Joreel and I were planning to marry, but things changed drastically when he realized he needed to step up and lead his people. He chose to leave both the Order and me, mainly to keep from exposing me to the enemies the Mandalorian people had made." She swallowed, her mouth suddenly going dry at the memory, but a couple of calming breaths and she was able to complete the point she was trying to make.

"He did it to protect me. To shield me from his enemies." Another deep breath. "I make no claims to know what passed between you and Quietus. I will offer this - he seemed worried when I'd mentioned that we'd met up with you on Raxus and that Tirzah had been taken from there. I can't promise that his decision has similar motives to the one that Joreel made. I don't know either of you, but I wanted to at least offer you that bit of limited insight on my part, whatever it might mean or not mean. I am here for you or not as you wish. I helped Jaina and I would like to help you, however I may. If you wish me to keep my commentary to investigating who invaded your home and out of your personal life, I will say no more than I already have. I meant what I said about us Force Users having enough issues in this galaxy that we don't need to continue to attack one another."

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

As his mind returned to him, Jareth gained his bearings and started thinking a little clearer.

Reaching out through the force, the only semi-sentient being he could sense in his immediate vicinity was X4 his protocol droid. Powered down for what seemed like years, but still operational to some extent obviously, or else Jareth wouldn't have been able to discern his presence from the rest of the ship.

Deftly working through the cockpit controls, Jareth ordered the ship to power-up X4.

The Droid, not much more than a head and a pair of arms, sparked to life and his robotic, emotionless voice kicked in.

"Good morning sir, I trust you slept well?"

It was the first actual voice Jareth had heard in quite some time, and already it annoyed him to his core. He'd have to settle down or he was going to tear the ship apart out of sheer uncontrolled angst. The vacuum of space didn't seem an inviting thing to subject himself to just because he couldn't control his morning grogginess. It was a long nap though, so he gave himself a break.

"Save it, where are we? Monitor for transmissions on all Sith frequencies. Tell me when you find something."

"Yes sir" the droid spat back and offered no further pleasantries.

The blood? For a minute, Emily didn't know what Xae was talking about. "Oh!" she said after a moment. "You mean the way the temple on Raxus Prime smells like blood no matter where you go?" Her lips twitched. "No, I think that was just my father's idea of a joke. I've never been to another temple that smells that way."

Xae began to speak about emotion, and Emily was willing to listen. "If I remember correctly, it's about control, too. Controlling your emotions. Which I found interesting because the Sith teach something similar. Harnessing your emotions is not much different from controlling them." She shrugged. "I'm certain neither Order deals with them correctly."

The Jedi then opened up about her own life and lost love, subtly demonstrating her earlier point about controlling her emotions as she did so. Emily listened quietly. Her words painted Quietus' actions in the best light possible. She sighed. "Thank you for your comments, but if this is about protecting me, telling me he doesn't love me anymore is a strange way of doing that." Her tone had grown a little bitter. She tried again. "But I agree with your last statement. There is little point in Force users fighting amongst themselves. Jedi attack Sith just because they are 'evil', and Sith attack Jedi because they are mad or in revenge for a Jedi's attack on them. It's a neverending circle, and accomplishes absolutely nothing. But it will always continue, because it's so much easier to see the galaxy in terms of black and white, good and evil, right and wrong. The truth is much different. The truth about the galaxy, and about the Force."

She smiled wryly. "Probably a stupid thing to say to an Exorcist."

The food prep unit beeped, and Emily grabbed Xae's meal out of it and put it in front of her. "For the record," she added after a minute, "you're free to say whatever you like. I'm hurting, and I'm in a lot of emotional pain...but it will pass. I've been here many times before." She sat down opposite the Jedi. "I've known Quietus for ten, maybe eleven years now, and we've been lovers for the past four or five. But honestly, we've spent more time apart than we have together. He's died so many times, and I've been alone much of my life. Until three weeks ago, he had been gone for several years. I had finally gotten to a good place. I had finally moved on..." She sighed. "I know I'll be okay again. This is similar to all those other times he's abandoned me." Except this time you didn't lose him to death...he stopped loving you, and that was never something you had to deal with before.

She propped her elbow on the table and rested her chin in one hand. "These past few days have been pretty much a nightmare for me. But to not move on would be to undo all the hard work I've done putting myself back together over the past three years. I've done my mourning for him...this is just the final nail in the coffin." Her tone turned bitter once again. "The Force is a very cruel mistress. Always before I had the hope that he'd come back. Now I realize that's never going to happen again. This is my lot in life. The love of my life is gone, and I have to live with that."

A chime beeped from the cockpit. "Sounds like we're coming up on Raxus Prime." She rose, grateful for the interruption of her train of thought, and headed to the cockpit.

"Sir" x4 spoke after several moments of scanning various communication frequencies, "I have nothing."

"Useless droid" Jareth spat back "I'll do it myself."

The Sith closed his eyes and reached out into an endless galaxy. The force carried his mind to and fro, from planet to planet, across vast expanses, touching all systems seemingly at once. To a lesser being, it would have been overwhelming, but not for Jareth.

Opening his eyes after a few moments, his hands flew across his navigation console, setting a course for Carida...He had felt both light and dark on that planet, and knew that the boundary he felt meant something interesting was about to go down.

"Far be it for me to miss a little fun. It's time I re-introduce myself."

The Raven's engines flashed to life and at the speed of thought, the ship blinked into hyperspace.

Aryian sighed. He could try to train people, but they had to want to be trained. Maybe it was him? Maybe it didn't matter. The illusion faded, the link severed, and Aryian piloted the shuttle back to Coru. It was time once again to find his own way in the galaxy, epic stories be damned.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Once the co-ordinates had been inserted to the Navi-computer and the ship entered hyperspace, Skye left the cockpit and headed to the medbay. She handed the dart to Flitter to begin the analysis then removed her tunic top and lay down on the examination bed. I-Nine activated the scanner while Flitter brought up the holo screens with the results. Skye used the time to go into a healing trance, making sure that she had removed all of the poisons. She knitted closed her wounds and used the time to make sure she would be well rested and ready for anything once they got to their destination. During this time, Flitter ran the tests and analysis on the dart and began the process of creating an antidote.

In no time at all they were coming out of hyperspace on approach to Corellia.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Or at least he was supposed to disconnect. But he got a message from Vos- self admitted as Sarah and Peregrine spoke to one another- outside of earshot of DuVos. Both had been disconnected from the Jedi Order for a bit- and Peregrine read the message aloud.

Peregrine, k'un'bah communication bah ch'at tocu'ren'mur Order- k'ir ch'eo wishes known. Vus your tsut'r veah na. Veb attached bat'al. Ch'ah cart'ar your nuz friends are ttis'o. Turcrehn'i these leads, vim hah carcir ch'itkates'o csei CoreSec has nah returned your vuv. Nah ch'uz ran etah tur non. Grandmaster carcir changing things, vim nah ch'urci csivrah bav bah our role can ch'at ch'an'ciuh master's order. Veb vei vah can cssuzah out veah na. Your movements are your tsut'r tur non. Ttin'i has been interrupted, rab nan'ei nah cannot csaritcah from. May ch'at bazehn vacosehn bah vah.

When had Vos learned Chiss?! Her mouth dropped a bit in surprise. She looked to the blue alien sitting across from her- looking for the translation. The red eyes were shut- he was contemplating- a brief meditation. Sounded like a pile of festering sewage was just flung at him. The message was cryptic sounding, even outside of one of the least used languages in the galaxy.

The red eyes opened, and he spoke with gravity to his words- "If you had to choose- with your limited knowledge of the Jedi Order, who would you nominate for Grandmaster?"

Sarah winced! What! She was just here to fight off The Great Destroyer. Gary, or whatever his name was. She shook that incorrect memory from her mind- she didn't know what to call whatever was coming. It was just the giant Rancor in the room. With a deep breath- "I honestly have no idea. I am not part of whatever it is you were before becoming a Peregrine, you value that. This is not a discussion for me, I am a warrior." she replied, but in her mind she affirmed her affiliation- I am a Seeker.

~~~

Tomalauin’kquintan’tus didn't expect much from the woman in the room. Although a sandwich would hit the spot. His mind rolled on- doing a quick role call of the Jedi Order. Dahar stepping down was a bit out there- but someone should have expected it. Vos should have expected it. Reaching out, he asked the Force if he should move a pawn into the Grandmaster position, to be easily taken out when was convenient, or to strengthen the Order. Tom nodded at his decision- and told Sarah that he would be back in a moment- he was going to return to his ship to send the message.

Then return to Sarah and DuVos.

As the Ferro Re blasted out of the Corellian system, Jaina had to keep checking the various viewports to ensure they were actually in hyperspace. The engine, top-of-the-line and freshly minted by Solaris Industries, barely emitted a dull hum, and the quality of the ship's construction meant that the hull plates resisted the customary vibrations of Jaina's YT-1930. Such things tickled her pilot's cortex to the extent that for an unspecified length of time, her thoughts were lost somewhere in the depths of the ship's shiny new power core.

It became a sort of meditative practice: tracing the power cables and connections much as she traced the neural pathways in her own mind, memorizing them, feeling the pulse of the Force that ran through her like electricity. Sequence after sequence, she traced and retraced each splice and each synapse until she could mark the path of the tiniest electrical impulse from the white matter in her brain anywhere it might deign to go.

In most circumstances, when Jaina ended her meditation, it felt much akin to floating back into herself from elsewhere in the galaxy, as though her spirit needed to vacate her body in order to put everything right. But this time, when her eyes opened conclusively, it bore the sensation of an interlinking with the ship itself in such a way that she was utterly grounded. Steady feet carried her down the corridor. Prior orientation had already occurred, and the systems and sectors that whizzed by anchored her essence in its place.

But, much like she had already sensed, when she arrived outside the door to Tirzah's room on board the ship, it remained firmly sealed. Had she really expected the girl to so quickly accept her and Andon as a present reality and then move on from grieving his loss immediately? Patience was not a Jedi trait to which Jaina readily ascribed. But she would tread carefully. Utter sensitivity, genuine communication, emotional availability: these things would be necessary on the journey to Altyr V--and then wherever the search might take them next.

53bzzl2.png

...why are the pretty ones always the most hazardous to your health?

“Greetings, If you’re receiving this your name has put into a list that will go towards forming a special task force on behest of the Council. Ranging from Padawans to Masters, those of you that choose to meet with myself, and join the task force will be committing their lives to secrecy and paused for three years. This is voluntary, may the Force guide your decision.”

-The Hand of the Grandmaster.

Meeting Details- Meetings are not changeable. Hanger #6H1# 1900-1925

Tut read the message over in the back of his mind over and over again. Asking himself why had Vos even considered him? Why did he- a Jedi Master- even trust Vos? The Nautolan squinted at the datapad. His green hand tossed the datapad to the side, the display turned off. Tut met with Vos in that hanger on Tython, and had won him over in just a dozen minutes. The last ten minutes of that meeting were him handing out datapads- to each of them. None were left over and they were all addressed individually. How had he planned that? Was that meeting just a hoax? Tut sighed, his nose flared. Either way he was here now- and had just secured the maybe-not-so-corrupt temple leader with zero violence. But- Chal’lar must answer to Vos, now. That was Tuts orders. He agreed with Vos on a number of key issues, but why was he doing his bidding now? Why had Grandmaster Dahar promoted the Kiffar outsider? But, he know what he was doing, or at least made it look that way- Tut thought.

The coordinates they were going for was a sort of meet-up point for two others in the little task force. And any second now- Tut watched the countdown timer and he slowly swung his legs off the dashboard and back down to the floor. Reaching up to pull the lever down- he made sure he was alone- and he was. The blue light of hyperspace faded to white lines- that settled into tiny dots inside the black. Two locked ships floated out there, just off to the port side. Tut angled the ship that way and started to cruise towards it- sending the code to call for them.

Within a moment there was a clear and confident voice over the radio- “Greetings, and who might you be?”

Smiling, he knew that voice. Another Jedi Master who he worked with for several years prior to this task force. “This is Lord Peregrine. Identify.”

A smug snort came back as the reply- “We are the same. Please connect your ship to the shuttle opposite the other side, and wait for airlocks to pressurize. We have something to show you.”

The comm shut off- there was an issue alright. There was a feeling of the Force shaking aboard the shuttle…

~~~~~

Tomalauin’kquintan’tus narrowed his eyes once again just after sending Kirlocca the message, as well as speaking with Master Maris- Tut- Lord Peregrine. This was going to get confusing. Pinching the bridge of his nose, he let out a sigh. A moment later he was composed and decided to get over to Sarah’s ship.

Sarah was not happy about another visitor, she made that blatantly clear when she slammed her fist against the wall. The red-eyed bastard raised an eyebrow.

“That is uncalled for.” He said in that stupid accent the Chiss spoke in.

Sarah tried to bore holes in him as if her eyes were blaster bolts- with her jaw clenched- “I already spent too much time on that back water ice planet. I want to move on.”

“We will, you must have patience.”

“I was a Sith, blast it! I have no patience for chit chat!”

He raised his eyebrow, the blue skin folding under the pressure. “Mmm. So you were. I keep forgetting. But you realize you are now allied with the Jedi Faction, correct?”

Sarah growled low in her throat, but no words came out. The ship was small, but it did have room for another person in it. So they awaited the third ship to dock- and not one, but two presences could be felt. She shot another glare at the Chiss- Tom, when not in his Lord Peregrine persona. Calling to the Force to relax herself, she waited to see whom these other two were. DuVos was still stashed away out back with a fresh batch of intravenous sedatives pumping into his veins.

The airlock opened, a Nautolan and Bith were standing there. She let Tom do all the talking.

“Greetings, Lord Peregrine. Who is your guest?” The modular voice echoed.

“This is Jedi Master Chal’lar. He is the Master of the Lehon Temple.” Tut said, bowing his head slightly. Chal’lar did not say a word, but bowed his head.

Tom angled his head slightly, as well as Sarah. This was not the plan at all, Tut was off script. Their eyes matched, and even shot between the two other aliens. An awkward silence came about. It was Tom that spoke next.

“Does Master Chal’lar know what we are trying to do?” His voice was even, calculated.

“No. That is why I brought him along.” Tut said.

“He won’t see him if he’s armed. Too much of a risk, especially with the turn over…” Sarah said.

Tut locked his gaze on Sarah- those big black orbs the Nautolan had for eyes was creepy. Tom chimed in to voice his agreement. Too many spies, and they had to play everything close to the chest.

“He’s had no contact with the outside universe in over a year, he is fine. But-“ Tut looked to the side and back at Chal’lar. “They are correct, he will not see you armed. You will need to surrender it at some point.”

“Now.” Sarah took a step forward to take the Biths lightsaber from him. Chal’lar took an uncertain step back in defense. Tom held out his hand to stop her from her advance. “You’re joking, Jedi.” She shot to him.

“I am the senior here. I will deal with him.” Tom looked up and over towards Chal’lar without looking at Sarah. “Master Chal’lar, you will accompany me from this point. I will require your lightsaber before arriving at our next destination.”

The Bith seemed to concede on that fact, he nodded his head. “I will accompany you, Lord Peregrine?” Chal’lar said- guessing at the name.

“Good.” Tom focused on Tut now, “You found what you were after?”

Tut nodded. Cryptic.

“I suggest we depart then. We three will detach from one another, we know the rendezvous point, correct?” He looked to Sarah- a nod- her gaze still on Chal’lar. Tut nodded as well.

“Very well, we will meet there, I will share the coordinates with you both, and then detach. Master Chal’lar, please, this way.” Tom motioned him towards the interior of the ship.

“Who is that?” Chal’lar asked- incling his head to the side. The other three looked around- nothing. “A… Sith?”

Tom searched through the Force, did he mean Sarah? No, he meant DuVos… His signature was there, but he was still in his chair. Something was off…

Before Tom even took a breath- Sarah was running to the back of the ship where he was held- obscenities emanating from her thoughts. “Change of plans, Chal’lar, stay with Lord Peregrine here. We will see you at our destination. We will deal with this.” Tom nodded to the two- and pressed his hand to the air lock. “Go now.” His eyes were level and serious- lightsaber in hand.

A Force Push shoved the Nautolan and Bith backwards as Tom pressed the button to lock the hatch. He then moved the way Sarah had went. A moment later the ship bumped as Tut’s ship departed. Calling to the Force, he pulled down the level on his comm channel back on his ship- transmitting the coordinates to Tut. Reaching the room- DuVos was breaking through his constraints- his left arm free- using that to fight off Sarah- who had no weapon.

A smooth inhale, and it was as if time slowed- reaching out- Tom pressed DuVos back into place. This clone had the knowledge and skills of a knight, it was not hard for a Master such as himself to press him back. Sarah had blood stemming from her nose and eye- and she landed a fist to the restrained man’s kidney. DuVos growled with anger.

Cool and modulated- “Enough!” His voice boomed- shaking the ship it seemed. “You are here for a reason, the Force is calling to you Tobias. You must answer to it. You know deep in your mind that you must answer in one way or another. Come with us, or…” A snap-hiss, and a yellow light flooded the room. The blade inched closer to the Kiffar, Sarah took a step back- panting. The tip of the blade hovered close to the man’s free shoulder- still restrained in Tom’s Force Grip.

Rage flooded his face- but after a moment it was settled. He knew he wasn’t going to beat the Chiss that stood before him- lightsaber ready to pierce his skin. “Sarah. Do you want to trade ships?”

Her fists were still clenched. Tom was unmoving- ready for the Sith trickery. DuVos surprised them both. “Speak your plan, why is the Force a shiver around me?” He gritted his teeth as he spoke, forcing the words through them.

“If you will be patient for three more hours, you will have your answer. We’re off to meet someone who is very interested in you. He tasked Sarah to take you back. Apparently, you proved a little resistant to the plan, ergo this set up. We truly mean you no harm, but in order to protect ourselves.” Tom replied, his voice calm and measured.

DuVos seemed to weigh his options. “Very well, answer me this- why is a Sith working with three other Jedi?” His eyes shot into Sarah.

“You want to know?” Tom cut in, before Sarah spoke. “You will have to come with us. It’s quite an adventure we are on.”

Another pause, and Tom knew Sarah was not happy with being cut off. But, DuVos seemed to relax and Tom withdrew his saber- still ignited. “Very well, I will cooperate.” DuVos responded- and relaxed. Blood dripped out of where the IV’s were inserted then ripped out of his arms.

“Good. Sarah? Thoughts?” Tom questioned his associate.

Her eyes locked on the now relaxed Sith. A debate raged through her head, but she knew her limits. “You should watch him.” It cut her to say that, but she nodded- it was what needed to happen.

“Your choice, Tobias. You can come with me, without restraints- and I will strike you down if you try anything. Or, you will stay on this table, and you will be escorted by me.” Tom was solid in his tone.

“I will accompany you, then- Jedi.” DuVos said.

Tom chuckled, his face placed into a smirk. “You are going to be in for a treat. You’re going to love who we are going to go see. Sarah, the restraints, please.” Tom deactivated his saber and released the Kiffar from the restraining hold he was in. Sarah unlocked the table, and stood half in the shadows.

“Very well, Lets go, I’m tired of wasting time. This is your last chance, Kiffar. You are warned. I will shred your mind and sever your connection to the Force if pressed. Sarah, please show us to the airlock. I will bring up the rear.”

Without words Sarah, DuVos and Tom reached the airlock, and separated. DuVos sat in the back of Tom’s ship. Tom sat in the cockpit and saw Sarah shot to lightspeed, a moment later he followed suit. They would arrive shortly at their new base.

By the stars…

As The Fox settled into a departure vector from the gravity wells of the Horuset system that contained the desert world of Korriban, Hayley slipped into the cockpit from the cargo bay. The starship’s interior was decorated in an array of blacks and reds, with a distinctly old-fashioned shag carpeting made from nerf-wool. The young girl jumped into the oversized swivel-chair that oversaw the command console, her tousle of chestnut braids concealing her face for a moment, before she brushed them aside with a pale hand. Placing a booted foot on the navicomputer the girl kicked off the autopilot, and turned to Karys, using her nimble fingers to unlace the black-leather boots.

“So we are supposed to head to Myrkr, a Jungle world upon which The Force has no presence. Should be a fun experience for you in sensory deprivation!”

She kicked off the boots, letting them sail past the Massassi’s nose, missing it by an inch, before landing with a clatter against the Defense-Matrix which gave off a confused buzzing. Green bolts of energy spat from the front of the ship, lancing off to dissipate in the frozen depths of space. Hayley let out a small giggle, letting her feet rest on the shag-carpeting revealing colour-printed socks of black and tan, with a repeating pattern of Hutts making distorted comical expressions.

“I would bet you will be as blind as a newborn Ranat there Karys, but not quite as… Cute!”

The girl laughed and reached into her jacket to pull out a package of deathsticks, marked with the flavouring of chocolate and muja-fruit. She slipped one of the spice-laden cylinders into her scarred palm and offered it to the Massassi, her brown eyes sparkling with a hidden emotion

J0fQGtc.png

OvQX5BE.png

King Kheldar vos Correlli said:
Sheog, I have to ask, overkill much?

"Mom!" Tirzah cried out as Jaina collapsed onto the decking of the Ferro Re, her own head spinning from processing the new visual data through the Force. She knelt next to the prone woman and bit back scared tears of her own as she tried to sort through her own jumbled thoughts and training in order to sort out what to do next.

Above her somewhere, a mechanical voice called out to her. "Tirzah, Your mother is in need of medical attention." It took Tirzah a moment to place the voice as belonging to the droid Master Tares had brought with him. "Please locate some bacta strips in the medbay nearby. Then retrieve those and begin applying them directly to the wound area. If you don't act fast enough, your mother may choose to follow the light to a better place."

She started crying. She couldn't help it. "But I don't know where it is or what they even look like Atlas!" But the odd echo that represented Altas's hovering form was already retreating back towards the cockpit. Gently Tirzah knelt next to Jaina's still form, rolling her carefully onto her back as she tried to force herself to calmdown.

You already lost your dad. Do you want to loose your mom when you've only just met her? she chided herself, sobbing more.

This is why the Jedi don't do the whole 'attachment' thing. You can't even think clearly enough to help her. SHE'S DYING!

Jedi...training...breathe...calm down...let the Force guide you... A few shaky breaths.

She found you against astronomically impossible odds...that has to be the Force's will. A few steadier breaths.

You didn't die because...well, I don't know...the Force's will again. That the other girl, Raia, had visions that brought her and that guy to find you... Deeper, calmer breathing.

Yeah...and then the descent into madness. That was LOADS of fun...wait, no...focus. Mom needs your help. Did Atlas really have to be such a jerk about it? And Emily is your cousin...I still don't get what mom did to make her go so nuts. Adults are weird. She rose, finally able to find that small voice inside her that was actually more helpful than her own internal ramblings.

It took her a few minutes to find the medical bay and even longer to find the supply closet. Opening it, she let out a cry of surprise as another Forceless blob emerged from the locker and into it's larger form before her.

"Hello I am M3-D1C. Are you in need of assistance?" a chirpy voice that seemed to belong to the blob intoned.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, relieved. "Something happened to my mom. She needs help...Atlas said bacta bandages. Can you help me find them? I don't want her to die."

"There, there." The droid patted her on the head. "Take me to her and bring that cart and we shall see. I will give her the best care!"

Tirzah sniffed and pulled the cart behind her as she led the medical droid back to the cargo hold where her mother hadn't so much as moved. As the droid set about its task, Tirzah curled up in the corner near some boxes offering a silent prayer to the Force. Please let her be okay. I don't want to be alone anymore.

53bzzl2.png

...why are the pretty ones always the most hazardous to your health?

As Karys listened to Hayley’s words, he noted a sudden change in her demeanour. Gone was her typical humour that he had thus far seen and jovial attitude and in it's place stood a dark, strong voice...one all too familiar to the massassi.

Honor is for the Living. Dead is for the Dead.

As she turned her eyes towards him and both got caught in the gaze of the other, Karys noticed her eyes. The hazlenut hues of her irises mutated and he saw into a swirl of crimson and gold, that almost matched his own yellow, pupiless irises. The sight was akin to a tiger staring down a lion and yet neither flinched. Karys knew almost in a instant what it was...this was the telltale sign, the mark of the Darkside. Both a blessing and a curse. Her voice seemed to resonate with change as well, with power and this intrigued the massassi. And urged caution.

As she spoke, he listened and thought on what he saw.

Is this why he chose her? Is she like me, sensitive to the Force. The signs certainly point that way. he wondered as she continued, the last words he heard were sharper than the rest as such he took considerable note. They seemed to be phrased in such a way that it could be taken as none other than a warning. He got the message loud and clear. Do not cross her.

"You might desire an honourable death Massassi, but I survive. At any cost.

Just as quickly as a sandstorm on the desert planet dissipating, so to did she change. Her irises returning to the hazelnut he had previously viewed and her humour likewise returning. As if nothing was ever wrong. The roar of the beast inside subsiding. He listened carefully as she spoke again deciding against a reply for now, he did not wish to tempt the tempest.

To our master’s ship then…

As the landing ramp lowered, and the two approached Karys noted the small cargo bay. He was most surprised to find the space occupied by a large bed. And somewhat he was amused by it yet as he walked past he noted there were no other such beds anywhere on the craft, which might prove problematic sooner or later. But he decided if it came to it he would sleep on the floor or in a pilot’s chair...he was a gentlemen afterall and would not allow a woman to lay on the floor in such a way.

He was afterall civilised despite appearances and where he came from and still retained a certain sense of chivalry. Soon enough the pair were in the depths of space and departed from Korriban.

Karys had one final look back, considering all he had seen and learnt as they did. And remembering his loss, he would never forget it. How could he? He hoped the remaining lords did as he asked of them, and took his father's body for burial while leaving the body of the coward Sadow behind to rot. Cowardice had no place on the field of battle afterall, it was either kill or be killed there was no compromise.

Soon enough Karys followed the young Hayley Fieldgrey to the cockpit. As she jumped into the oversized swivel-chair he almost laughed. It seemed her jovial attitude had indeed returned.

As she placed a boot on the navicomputer and kicked off the autopilot, the massassi couldn't help but think . He listened as she detailed their destination.

So they were headed to Myrkr.

He had heard of it, a planet where the Force had no presence, no say. Where there was a void where it should be created by the over abundance of yslamiri that hung from the tree’s. A jungle world he recalled so that meant many dangers ahead. Most of which was due to the rampant packs of Vornskr he had heard about that also roamed the planet, canine predatory creatures that hunted the yslamiri using the Force and could sense it in others but not distinguish a ysalamiri from a Force-Sensitive and that was not counting any other factors like visitors seeking the yslamiri or any who saw them whom might want to collect on the bounty. Which made him and Hayley a target in several ways.

This would be a interesting challenge indeed. They would need to work together to survive.

As she kicked the boots off and sent them flying, the massassi leant backwards, allowing the footwear to sail past. As they hit the Defense-Matrix, and sent green bolts flying into the dakr of space the massassi held a hand on his head and shook it.

The god’s give me strength he thought before noticing that Hayley had a rather strange pair of socks on with a pattern of Hutts making comical expressions. That amused him a little more.

He listened as she tried making conversation.

I would bet you will be as blind as a newborn Ranat there Karys, but not quite as… Cute!

Speaking he shook his head at the offer as he answered both questions.

Thanks for the offer but I don’t smoke those things, they are not conductive for combat. You know if the beasts on Myrkr and everything else don’t kill you those things will. They adle the mind I hear. But that is your business. It shall indeed be a interesting experience, I guess for the both of us...but it is not one I am unaccustomed too. I won't be so blind as you feel I shall be however. I did not always use the Force as you see now. I was once much like any other of this galaxy. I have the feeling you likewise had a similar experience.

Which makes me curious. If you don't mind me asking, how was it you came to be with be Sheog? You two seem the odd match

As he waited for an answer, the massassi had a brief look at the holonet, noting alot of interesting things had happened since he was on Korriban.

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

The young girl stared at the Massassi through hazel eyes, kissed with a touch of honey. She placed the metallic vial into her mouth, through pale lips, setting it between her underdeveloped molars. Hayley’s jaw was marred by the emergence of wisdom teeth, which were starting to come through the backs of her gums, forcing her other teeth to twist and her smile to become cooked. She gripped the vial with her jaw, and it shattered into a mix of candied chocolates and muja fruit. She smiled at the Massassi with chocolate stained teeth as she mulled over the candied fruit with her small tongue.

“You think Sheog would let me use real Spice? It’s a candy he ships in from the Carnival ‘de Fur on his homeworld of Sleheyron… Damn good.”

She swallowed the last of the candied fruit, savouring the sour stickiness that coated her tongue.

“We are an odd pair. I don’t really like to launch into a life story, since they tend to be a bit… Long. And boring.”

She fiddled absentmindedly with one of the knives on her bandoleer, her feet slowly running on the shag carpet

“I snuck aboard his ship after my family was killed. My father was unfortunately absent when the… The.”

The girl paused again, the smile fading from her lips

“Ironically enough it was the Sith that killed them. They left Leon with his skull shattered, drowning in his own blood. Mom was tossed from the skyscraper… Ky-”

Her voice caught in her throat, and a confused expression covered her face. She wasn’t used to anything other than sarcasm and jokes

“My sister was raped while I cowered in a closet. I... abandoned her and ran when I could to the spaceport.”

Tears began to form, dampening her cheeks

“Oh Kriff…”

The word tasted more sour on her tongue then had the candy.

“I left her to die…”

J0fQGtc.png

OvQX5BE.png

The weighty glares of Imperial soldiers, clouded around Khargav as he sat in the Clout Lord. But he didn’t let the oppression bother him. They weren’t accustomed to an alien – especially an alien as unique as Khargav - on their vessel. Prejudice was not uncommon. The Togorian sat in an open-backed chair in the dining area of the ship. His ears were flattened to his head and his eyes were closed. His tail darted back and forth behind the chair and his breathing shifted between heavy rolling sighs and small meditated inhalations.

The thrill of battle filled his mind. Images of hunting evoked the adrenaline that fueled their survival. His pack would thrive on the feel. Claws enticed and jaws slavering, they would stalk and wait. They looked at their quarry with eager eyes, but let the moment hang until one tantalizing second, they leaped into action. A few hits were all it took; a simple movement. Yet, that exhilaration was worth life and death to his people.

Some would never understand the nature of the hunt. Politics bred corrupt complexities that the packs never wanted. The females went to create a structure they wanted to create. But they understood the simplicity that the men craved. The females were patient and fed the simple habits of their male counterparts without derision. It was a harmonic coexistence that was alien in this world of backstabbing and lies.

Travelers would tell Khargav of the virtue in the galaxy and of heroic feats accomplished on planets far from his home. But Khargav had yet to see them. His exile sparked a journey through festering piles of greed and dishonor. He only hoped that this path would eventually see greener pastures.

The thought had crossed my mind. Karys thought as he listened to the girl's words and processed what she said. His face visibly changed from shock to outrage as a fist clenched in natural response to the news of child rape.

How could anyone do that to a child so young was beyond him? True his culture did inflict violence upon the youth but it was all to a purpose. This was simply for fun.

As she mentioned that it was the Sith who did it, he was again shocked. He couldn't fathom how some could act like that, he was a Sith yes but even he had a certain line that he would not cross. A moral boundary he placed. He thought the Sith above such things as raping and pillaging, they were supposed to be warriors of precision, of the force not mindless savages or thugs. It was unbecoming of them.

He thought such men as described as not Sith but savages. They were not worthy on the mantle they proclaimed to hold. As she cried and spoke, he replied in kind, removing a tear from her eye and speaking with compassion and understanding he spoke.

What you did was not cowardice nor are you at fault to blame. You acted as any child your age would have under the circumstances. Fear, adrenaline and other feelings make one do the strangest of things.

As for those who did this...I would hesitate to call them Sith. To me they are no Sith, they are vermin, a disease in need of removing. A true Sith should be above such things as raping and pillaging for fun. We are warriors of the force, of precision...given our gifts and chosen for a purpose, for a destiny and not mindless thugs. And should act as such, not use our gifts to satisfy a momentary need for carnal desire, unless with one of legal age and is willing. A desire born of true love...not one forced. If I had my way I would have their entrails dragged through the street for the act. Those who did that are unworthy of the title they claimed to represent.

He paused, allowing Hayley to consume the information before continuing.

I believe however that you are stronger than you know. Or the Force would not have allowed you to find Sheog or the ship. There is a destiny about you, just as much as there is me. You have a spirit of fire about you, that is you were spared for a reason. Now that said you have told a little about yourself it is only fair I return that favour.

He recalled his youth.

“I spent much of my youth learning combat, and the arts of politics with my father when not with my mother since the time I could stand. That was until age 7, as is customary I was forced into and forged in the fire of combat as I was as is tradition of my massassi caste thrust into a life of violence and pain with a warlord of my people. A general. A way of life manufactured by millennia of a warrior society in the hopes to create the galaxies finest warriors. We were taught never to surrender, that to die in the service of a Sith on the battlefield was the greatest honour and glory one could achieve in their life.

Pausing a moment he allowed himself a breather and Hayley to consume the information. Eventually however he continued.

We were forced to fight, to steal so we wouldn't starve…if we were caught punishments were severe, often by rod, whip or worse. We were also taught the martial arts, and all manner of tactics...how to if necessary...to kill. I found I had a natural flair for it, a hidden rage I guess. I was consistently and constantly tested daily.

On my 18th year however it all ended. I was flung out into the wild as a final test. A initiation. I was forced to test my wits and will against nature, tuk’ata and all manner of undead and other such nightmares of the night. All so I could claim the head of a beast of the warlord’s choosing, one chosen at random.

As luck would have it mine was a Krayt dragon, I still got the scars from it.

He paused again allowing it all to be processed, and digested like a tasty cookie. He wondered what she made of all this...after all few knew the details of his early life. He hoped she could be trusted with it.

I soon become rather proficient at killing others. Even taking out a group of Arach’tar once who deigned to encroach upon Korriban. Soon after I met the one bright spark that would arrive in my life. The youngest daughter of a Kreshh, the sorceress Menuo Sadow iv -Hekk. She was a sight to behold I can tell you. Over the years, we grew close as friends, and then romantically.But, eventually I began to question whether we were ready to be together. Foolish a notion as it was. I stupidly ended the relationship so Menuo could focus on her magical studies and I could focus on my commitments. Shortly after, though we agreed to rekindle their romance, mutually feeling that nothing would keep us apart. How wrong we were. The war between the Empire and Galactic Alliance tore a hole in our lives and destroyed my home world in the process.

Almost absent mindlessly, Karys recalled the feelings hef felt at the time. The pain was almost too much and he was forced to reel it in to prevent any damage to the ship.

That war stole from me everything. I was away at the time...dealing with rivals on Dromund Kaas when it happened...when I heard. The destruction of Korriban took Menou with it, once I heard you can imagine how I felt. I went into a trance of rage, that was the first time I ever used the Darkside I believe. Nothing was spared, suffice to say I thought it wise to disappear from my people for a while. Travelling the galaxy. I became a mercenary for a time, it was how I learnt basic. I returned only when the war called for a truce to find Korriban rebuilt. Hoping to find Menou I guess but she was not among those living. After that I went into a tomb seeking guidance and Adas answered. The rest is history as they say more or less.

Karys wondered again what she thought of it all, of his rather long and unique history. In his own way he had also had a tragic past. One built of war and loss.

I’m glad though our paths crossed and we got this chance to work together and Sheog. As strange as his methods might be, they seem to be working...my eyes are being opened. More than they ever were before. Let us hope Mykr though does not claim us as another victim, I would rather not become vornskr food.

He joked. All the while he wondered, would he become prey or hunter? They would soon see.

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

• 2 weeks later...

Beck stood on the bridge and watched the starlines of hyperspace continue their tunnel around the Clout Lord as three of his captains that would lead in the coming battles spoke of their strategies to coordinate the destruction of the facilities that belonged to Black Sun on Cloud City at Bespin. After they finished their discussions, Corporal Major Pilon dismissed them and walked to see the Togorian sitting in the main dining hall. He walked up to him with a smile upon his face.

"Lieutenant Khargav, we are getting ready to drop out of hyperspace over Bespin. We will have a hard drop landing with commandos as my T.I.E. Fighter wings provide air support to keep heavy weapons off them. You will be going with the commando units. Your goal is their mainframe. Intact if at all possible. But I will settle for it being completely wiped out if there is no other option. Two Platoons will be landing exactly 00:03 minutes after your hard drop. They will secure the rest of Black Sun's assets. Is that understood?"

emperorpilon.png

The young girl turned the seat about in a circle slowly, extending her socked feet to slow the spin and she kept her eyes unfocused. She seemed lost in thought, as a listless expression crossed her face as the Massassi spoke of his past. The rotating chair squeaked with each circle it made. Each speak caused her hazel eyes to twitch. She reached out a hand, and a snapping sound echoed in the cabin, and she stepped down onto the decking as the cockpit's spinny-chair shattered into filaments of carbon fiber, ripped asunder by The Force. The cloud of razor sharp plastacine trailed out from her palm, forming itself into a wave of shattered daggers

"Thank you, Karys, for opening up to me on your past... We both bear the scars of that past on our physical and emotional bodies. Once we finish at Mykyr, perhaps we can visit the graves and put our families to rest."

As a drunk patron might toss a dart haphazardly across a full barroom to impress a Wookiee Jedi he mistook for a buxom Twi'lek, the cloud of quivering filaments shot into the wall above Karys' head with a satisfying clang. The cloud had formed the outline of the symbols of the Sith Order, all three united in a Trinity.

"There is much left of my tale to tell... Perhaps we can find the Sith that killed my family, and those that destroyed your Korriban lady tentacle-faced lover, and perhaps..."

The girl winked at the Sith

"Bring their heads back for Sheog?"

Her eyes widened, and a ting of girlish excitement entered her voice

"BLAST MYKYR LET'S GET US SOME KRIFFING REVENGE"

J0fQGtc.png

OvQX5BE.png

Karys kept focus as he listened to Hayley's reply and the chair she had previously occupied seemed to shatter into smaller filaments of carbon fiber, razor sharp and deadly to any uninvited guest or unsuspecting victim. As the plastic formed into daggers, Karys looked on intrigued.

He approved of the choice of the symbols of the Sith Order created the cloud of filament. However at the mention of visiting graves, he knew it was not possible in his circumstances. There had been no body, nothing to bury. When Korriban had been destroyed it had evaporated essentially those present on the world there at the time, as the planet was torn asunder nothing was spared at the time. Menou included. Although there was a memorial built to the countless dead upon Korriban when it had returned which he surmised may contain her name. It was worth considering taking a look at.

As for the subject of vengeance, Karys was not even certain who was responsible for the destruction of Korriban and as such as a consequence her death. Rather those who directly gave the order and if any still lived even. As so far as Hayley he was certain he could help with that.

The massassi almost chuckled at her last comment before replying.

"Perhaps. Although for myself it's not so much a grave...as a memorial. Since Korriban was destroyed there was no body to bury. No-one to find. Many died along with her, although the planet itself returned...the population did not. My species repopulated that planet from elsewhere when we heard it was back and rebuilt what we lost to reclaim the world we called home, we built a memorial to honour our dead. Her name lies upon it among others. Strangely I have not been to see it yet, lest it bring up bad memories and set off a reaction in the Force beyond my control."

Pausing a moment, the massassi continued.

"As so far as revenge, as much as I would love to I have yet to find any solid leads about those who were directly responsible for Korriban's destruction. Not for the lack of trying however...but that aside if Sheog permits it I would be willing to assist your endeavour after Myrkr, once we visit the graves and I complete whatever else Sheog has in store for me. Perhaps you may have more luck than I in finding leads and those who killed your loved ones. I have the feeling we have both got more to tell...this is just the beginning. That said you care for a seat, I'll do just fine standing, besides all this talking is making me hungry, what about you?

Let's see if we can rustle up something from whatever his got stocked. Don't worry I'm not that bad a cook." he joked before starting towards what amounted to a galley or kitchen.

Akheron.jpg

The small hairs on Khargav's head stood on end. His ears shifted toward the corridor and his nose twitched. The smell of stale cologne, mixed with a legion of body odor, pushed through the air. And the sound of clacking boots on durasteel poked at his ears. Haughty pride entered the room before he did, and a lethal enthusiasm took hold when Pilon finally spoke.

On Kuat, Khargav didn’t have much time to size up Major Pilon. But from this close, the Togorian’s mind was given ample time and opportunity to assemble a full picture of his commanding officer: Major Pilon was four heads shorter than him. His body was thin, implying someone that had seen more of a desk than a battlefield. His hair was neatly coiffed, and his clothes were clean and pressed. The entire image was a direct conflict to how Khargav thought of 'army' officers. Granted, the Togorian army was more of a milita, but officers tended to look grizzled and mean. They stood eye to eye with you. Or, if they didn't, their will was powerful enough to compensate.

It was an odd concept - the weak leading the strong - but Khargav was here to follow orders and make a good impression. And he was nothing if not loyal to those who earned it.

When Major Pilon finished relaying Khargav's orders, the Togorian nodded a little and stood up to his full height. He offered a Togorian gesture of respect by crossing both arms over his chest and bowing until his torso was at a forty-five degree angle to his hips. "Yes, Major. All is clear."