Tatooine

RaveN

In a small hut in Tatooine's desert, someone sleeps. A disturbed sleep, full of tossing and turning.

White. Everywhere. For miles and miles, the only thing visible was white. And with the white came extreme, bone-chilling cold, made even worse by high winds. Desolation, everywere.

A man's face. Light brown hair with highlights throughout, hazel eyes. The flash of a green blade, humming and cutting through the air, the sound of a blaster

The black of space, and then the vortex of hyperspace, ending above a white planet.

More white. Presumably the same as before. What was this?

"Find me."

With a start, Ashley Jade Skywalker wakes, jerking upright. Sweat pours down her face, her breathing coming hard. She stands, going over to the small window and looking out at the night sky, wishing there were a breeze to cool her hot face. What in the galaxy was that?

It had been no ordinary dream, that was certain. The last words seemed to echo through her head. Find me.

"Find you, huh?" Ashley mutters to herself. "How am I supposed to find you when I don't even know who you are?" She turns from the window and paces back and forth. There aren't very many places in the galaxy covered in white...

Hoth.

Ashley rubs hand across her face. Why in the world did it have to be Hoth? The bitter cold... not at all like the scorching heat of Tatooine. I guess I need a change, anyway.

Decision made, Ashley pulls her travel bag from underneath her bed and begins to pack.

ajslife2.png

[Jade Skywalkers FTW since August '03]

*Listening carefully to his master's instructions, Toster felt the hot morning sun burning on his back, even through his clothes. Thinking that he would take advantage of the moment, he got up and nodded.

"Yes master, I shall do as you wish."

*Closing his eyes, Toster began to think about a clear, crystal, glass filled with ice cold water. He imagined the every drop of cool water in the cup, feeling it slide down his hot dry throat, quencing his undying thirst. He could practically feel his hand gripping the cold glass. He began the let the force wash into him, slowly mixing in with the visions in his mind. Toster than began to push forward his thoughts, torwards his master using a technique similar to the one he had used at the training facility to "speak" telepathically with his friends. After he had concluded he opened his eyes and looked at his master.

"Did it work Master K'munee?"

Ashley arrived at Mos Espa shortly after the dawning of Tatooine's twin suns, waving her thanks to the moisture farmer that had offered her a ride. As he drove his speeder away, she turned and walked toward the docking bay where her X-wing was waiting.

She put in her request for clearance to leave as she checked over her fighter to ensure it was still in good condition. Klik, the R3 unit anchored securely to his socket in the back, whistled something, the translation scrolling across the display screen in the cockpit. Ashley climbed the ladder to the cockpit halfway, peering in at the screen.

"Oh, good... We can leave then." She swung herself into the cockpit the rest of the way, reaching for her flight helmet as she settled into her seat. The canopy closed and sealed shut, nad the X-wing left the ground, heading for open space.

ajslife2.png

[Jade Skywalkers FTW since August '03]

*DJK stood scross from his padawan awaiting the results of their training. Toster face was intense with concentration. Beads of sweat laced his brow. K'munee closed his eyes and saw what it was that his padawan was trying to show him. A tall glass of cold water with ice cubes floating in it.*

Excellent work, Toster. I see you used the heat as your motivation. It added clarity to the vision.

*K'munee walked over and patted Toster on his shoulder. He force pulled cantina of water from a cooler he had placed close by, handing it to his padawan. K'munee stared out across the dunes for a moment, taking in the scenary, then went to his training arsenal to retrieve to wooden swords. He threw one to Toster who wasn't paying attention to his actions, but to DJK's surprise his padawan caught it without looking in his direction.*

"Now we will practice your dueling skills. In these times when the Sith are so many, these skills may save your life. Always train to perfect your dueling skills. The Sith are relentless killers. Have you ever had a nightmare where you are fighting someone, but no matter what you did, it seemed you couldn't beat them? That is what it is to face a Sith. Now, with that said, let's begin."

*DJK twirled the wooden sword in his hand, cutting the air and making a whistling sound from the speed of the blade. The manuever was done to intimidate his padawan. He inched forword toward Toster, whom held a tight defensive stance. He attacked using an angled upward swing meant toslice his padawan from left kidney to hisright shoulder.*

293az4x.jpg

"I am the punishment of God...if you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

*After taking a long drink from his master's cantine, Toster began to look to the horizon, not really focusing on anything at all. It was to his surprise that his arm automatically reached up to catch a wooden sword that his master had thrown his way.

Understanding his master's words, He began to try to find a point of inner peace, through which he might channel the Force to help him in his actions. Watching his master spin towards him, wooden sword making a low to high slash, Toster decided to try a parry. He stepped back, giving himself space, than brought his sword in front of him at stomach level, pushing his Master's wooden sword to the left. He tried to place a counter attack, believeing that the Jedi master's had been breached by his previous parry, but when he tried to bring his sword forward, Toster found his sword being deflected to the side by his obviously more expierenced master. This left him open to attack, and so Toster jumped back to retain a defensive position. Sweat dripping from his face, he awaited his masters next move.

Mayy sped into the city from the Outskirts. She jumped out of her speeder infront of the local bar. Her cloak whipped in the wind as she entered the large building. Different creatures talked in their own tongue, fights broke out among them and others were lying around the place drunk out of their minds. Mayy walked to the bar and sat on a stool. The bartender glided over to the girl, "Hon, ain't you ever going to get out of here? I thought you were going to that big planet that's one big city...."

"Tid, how's that going to happen? My dad's ship is a piece of junk. I haven't got enough to get a ride off of this flea infested planet....." Mayy ordered a water with a hint of lemon. "Besides, what's the chance of me becoming a jedi like Uncle Tom? None!" Mayy sipped and watched the idiots walking around the bar. She shook her head and looked down. "I've got to get out of here!"

Tid left for a moment and returned. She put down a sac down onto the counter, "Take this and run. Don't return. Fulfil you dreams, Mayy Al-Zuri. Ride the stars."

"But...." Mayy started to object.

"No, buts! Out of here! Go on!" Tid cut her off

"I'll repay you someday!" Mayy grabbed the sac and rushed out of the bar. She jumped into her speeder and drove home. She threw some stuff together and headed for the door.

Mia looked at her funny. "Where are YOU going?"

Mayy smiled. "I'm outta here! The house.... the speeder.... everything is yours, Mia! Toodles!" She ran out into street and headed for the space port.......

... Against All Odds ... Against All Instincts ... We Evolve ...

*K'munee studied the form and posture of his padawan. Someone had taught him or started to teach him form 3. More evidence of how advanced his pupil was. He changed the position of the wooden blade from a high guard to the blade angled to backwards to the side of his right thigh. He secretly dug his foot into the soft desert sand that surrounded them. He feinted like he was going to swing the wooden sword across his padawan's midsection, but spun his body at the hip. When his head whipped back around toward Toster, he bought his left foot out of the sand , flinging sand into his padawan's eyes.*

293az4x.jpg

"I am the punishment of God...if you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

*Caught off guard, Toster found himself both disoriented and surprised at his master's move. The sand in his eyes burned, as he tried to blink the hazyness away. Not able to see, Toster reached into the force, trying to use it as a second pair of eyes. Although he could see almost nothing but what seemed like little patches of warm light, he immediatley sensed that K'munee was within swords length, even though Toster had been retracting the whole time. Hoping that to catch his master off guard, he brought his wooden sword low in a swirving manuever. He meant to score a blow at the Jedi's left ankle, knocking him to the ground.

• 3 weeks later...

*Kitt ran into the main city, with his lightsaber still on. Once he was far enough to take a rest, he fell to the ground and turned of his lightsaber. He looked around and hoped that maybe some jedi would be on the planet with him, or else, he would have to fight the Trandoshan, the very heavily armed Trandoshan...one on one.*

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

Bles stands up from the Force and his eyes glow with anger. He runs into his armory and grabs his bowcaster. The time for stunning was over. He runs to the hole in his ship and leaps out. Before he hits the ground, he extends the metak wings and launches his jetpack. He begins flying through the air changing the settings from stun to kill.

He sees Kitt fal down in the desert and deactivate his saber. He keeps flying and takes aim with his Westar 34 Blaster pistol. He fires a single shot and it blasts into Kitts saber hand destorying all the nerves in the hand. He lands in fornt of the Jedi in pain.

"You should have made it easy on me and yourself. I was merely going to stun you, and take you in with your friend. Now it looks like your friend is going in alone."

Bles draws his bowcaster and Ryyk Blade and prepares to fight the one handed Jedi.

Darth-Garou.jpg

*Kitt made a quick movement with his other good hand and pulled his bowcaster from the Trandoshan's hand, to Kitt's. He then used the force to do a no-handspring to his feet. He then leaped up onto a house and let off a couple of random shots.*

"Why should I go with him, I'm a friend of Blacksun. And right now, your making yourself an enemy of the jedi. We make better friends the enemies!"

*Kitt then let of some more shots of at Bles, using the force to balance the Bowcaster in his one good hand. He then stoped again.*

"I'm giving you a chance to stop all of this right now. We can then head back to your Citadel on Coruscant and just be friends."

*Kitt hide behind a small block on top of the sand hut. Kitt had to be ready for any sudden movements from the Trandoshan.*

Bles thinks it over.

"Your right. Why am I fighting you. There is no bouty out on your head. There is one on your friends though.And I intend to colect on it. Now if you want to help your friend. You will give me back my bowcaster, give me some credits to repair my ship, give me your lightsaber until we get there, and stay in one of the cells I have in my ship. If you do not agree to these terms. You can stay out here in desert. Whats your answer?"

Bles aims his blaster at the little of Kitts head he can see through a window.

Darth-Garou.jpg

*Kitt took a long moment to think about his answer, then he made his decision. Kitt threw the bowcaster out into the streets, and then he threw what money he had at him.*

"I will give you that much. But I will not go with you, nor will I give up my lightsaber. It is pure stupidty for a jedi to give it up. I will call a jedi to come and pick me up. But If you try to harm me, I will take your head and everything you own with me."

*Kitt brought his lightsaber hilt into his good hand and waited to see what Bles would do...*

"Umm bad idea. You touched my bowcaster. You damaged my ship. You have to pay."

Bles pulls out a stun blaster and begins firing. Kitt blocks the first shot but the second shot numbs his only good arm. He then pops off a shot at Kitts head dropping him like a bad habit. Kitt hits the ground hard and Bles walks over to him. Bles picks up the bowcaster that was taken from him. He also picks up Kitts money and his lightsaber.

Bles walks ove to Kitt and picks him up. The Trandoshan flies Kitt back to his ship and places him in a ysalimiri lined cell.

"Ship, if anything other than me moves outside that cell, shoot it."

Bles walks out of the ship and buys some parts to patch the hole in the ship for the time being. He would have to modify it later. He takes off and heads to where HoT is.

Darth-Garou.jpg

After the sparring had concluded, Toster fell onto the hot, dusty, desert floor. Wiping the sweat off his face, he got up and took a drink for his cantine. The cool water trickled down his throat. Finishing what was left of the water, he put the cantine away and began to speak with K'munee.

"Master, is it time we looked for crystals for my lightsaber on Ilum?"

The Jedi master nodded, than indicated for him to get into his ship. Upon entering his starfighter, Toster turned on his computers and set his course for Ilium. Looking behind him, he saw that his masters ship had already began its ascent. Following K'munee's lead, Toster left the planet's atmosfere.

• 4 weeks later...

Posting for Sayn Ta

A lone, yellow N-1 Starfighter emerges from hyperspace and decsends upon the Desert Planet. It had been a long time since Sayn Ta had been involved in any Galactic events......however, coming to a desolate planet like Tatooine ment that time would probalby be even longer.

The Gungan Jedi Knight cringed at the thought of Tatooine's twin suns.....it was going to be murder for her skin!

Yet, for all the reasons not to come to this isolated, boring planet....and there were a lot of them......she still had one defining reason to be here: The Force. For whatever reason, It told here she needed to be here. The Force flowed through her Gungan vains, telling her that Tatooine was the place to go. For Sayn Ta, a Jedi, that was reason enough to visit the planet.

It would be her job to discover why she had been called here.

Thus, Sayn landed her ship is a desolate region of the planet (and oh how many isolated places their were)! The prisitine, glass top of her Starfighter opened and...in one great leap....the Gungan Jedi Knight emerged from the ship.

Sayn went to the back of her N-1, where the small cargo hold was. She pressed a few buttons on a datapad that dangled from her belt, and the storage door slowly awakened. From the depths of the ship, a probe droid appeared. Sayn keyed in a few more numbers and the small black devise hovered away...feeding her information on that datapad that was still at her side.

She watched the orb droid fly away, wondering what information it might bring back to her.

Kamino.jpg

Another day in Paradise. Korben thought, slipping on his shirt.

He walked outside his home near the buiness district, almost stepping on a young Jawa couple.

A sound of muffled bleeping came from his pocket. A small droid appeared, and continued to bleep happily.

"Hey there sleepyhead." He said to the droid.

The robot responded with a series of short beeps, meaning it was still tired, and cranky.

Korben spotted a ship in the distance. As he got closer he realised it was an Starfighter. Not passing up a chance to see one up close, he ran to the gungan pilot.

"Hi there." He said, and waited for a response.

http://s7.invisionfree.com/UnNatural

~Signature created by Stephen~

KorbenDallas.jpg

*A cowled figure detaches from the inky shadows of the alley near Korben, his scarlet lightsabre igniting with a snap-hiss. The hooded man holds his lightsabre barely an inch away from the youngster's throat, his sickeningly cheerful grin visible in the folds of his hood.*

Hi, there. Do you have any power in the Force, lad?

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

Slowly... Slowly... Breathing... In... Out... In... Out... In... Out...

*In a dark, dark, cave- deep in the desert of Tattooine, far away from civilization or life- something awakens. A man- as it would seem. Through the force though- the presence seemed different. It felt like a great evil, filled with a considerable hatred- rage- an entity that didn't seem to be more than a cloud of darkness. The being was using an old trick to hide his identity. By projecting raw emotion into the surrounding area, the being covered over his identity a thousand times over. Slowly the darkness was drawn into the man, burying any sign of who he was, but keeping his very presence apparent only to those who were really looking. Slowly it stood...*

Breath... In... And out... In and out...

*In the pitch dark of the cave the being was unable to see or be seen. His footsteps were heavy, but quiet against the sand. Far in front of him he saw a light. It was faint, but it was there. He walked forward, his mind full of questions...*

Where... Where am I? Why am I here? Why-

*As he stepped into the light he immediately fell to his knees, putting his hands into the sand and squeezing his eyes shut. The light was bright- too bright- for him to handle at the moment. He was breathing heavily, and erratically, keeping an irregular pattern. The sound of his breathing was a slow mechanical sound, it being aided- or guided- by something not of his body. He laid with his hands in the sand for several minutes. His mind was coming back to him. Slowly he began to answer his own questions. Who he was, why he was where he was, and what he was planning to do. He was getting his bearings- almost as though he had spent some time in a completely different world, and now he had to find again what was reality.

The man could not feel the hot air or the sun's radiation, and in fact he was cool and comfortable. Looking down he saw his hand, covered in a white metal plate, a kind of armor. The armor continued up and into an enormous flowing robe. Slowly he stood up, looking toward the horizon and to the twin suns that were heading slowly toward it. The wind was blowing and his black robe waved in the wind, making him appear many times his actual size. His hood was back, and on his head was a thick white mask, his eyes the only part of his entire body visible, and only through thick bubbles of specialized transparasteel. In front of his mouth were two specialized disks, which filtered and pumped his air in and out. Each time he inhaled or exhaled he made a loud sound. The mask itself looked rather skeletal, and created a sense that the man was not of typical human descent. The man pulled his hood over his head. His breathing slowed and became normal. His eyes closed as he raised his arms as if to help take in all of what he was feeling. The force was once again awakened within him.

Slowly he turned to the left to see a large cargo ship. He vaguely remembered acquiring it, but he didn't quite recall why. He got in quickly and directly, not wasting any more time, since he had already wasted a little less than an hour regaining his grip on life. The ship took off without another moment wasted, heading in a direction that he could only think of as Destiny.*

Sayn Ta rolled her large, bulgy eyes.

If this pathetic, testosterone driven display of the force was supposed to amaze her....it Failed....miserably....

The Gungan Jedi Knight watched this altercation unfold before her. She had started to question wether it was staged or not. Sayn was suprised to see that even a quiet, desolate planet like Tatooine had people who had such little confidence in their poweres that they forced themselves to showboat to get reconition. It was sad...it was pathetic...it had to stop...

Sayn studied the two newcomers. The overly-friendly one now had a crimson lightsaber blade to his neck. The other man (the much weaker of the two) was holding that blade. The Gungan Jedi didn't know his name, nor did she care. He seemed aptly distracted with Mr. Friendly....Thus, Sayn made her move.

Their was a quick flash....a blur of light...Sayn Ta had quickly gained control of the situation. In less than a second, she had removed the lightsaber handle from her belt...ignited her powerful weapon....and situated the purple energy beam between the offenders legs...too close to his crotch for comfort.

"That was a warning. Leave this poor man alone, or you will cease to be one yourself.

Sayn was stern, she didn't take the red 'saber wielding man lightly...he needed to go!

Sayn_Ta.jpg

*Geki's breath leaves him in a whoosh, and the newcomer's blade is swiftly between his legs due to the distraction. Geki recovers quickly, becoming annoyed. Gathering the Force he jabs down on the back of the Gungan's hand, forcing the lighsabre away from his crotch, and spins. He reaches out, his fingers splayed, and calls upon the dark side to send coruscating bolts of purple-white energy to crawl along the limbs and torso of the upstart Gungan youth. His lightsabre's point never wavers from Korben's throat.*

That was annoying. I'm not pleasant when I am annoyed. Explain yourself, whelp, and you may leave this encounter with all your limbs.

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

OOC: Sorry about the double post, but I've been waiting three days or something for a reply.

*Geki abruptly tires of his two adversaries, and switches his sabre off. He gives the insolent Gungan one last blast of pure dark side energy.*

I tire of this.

*Geki leaps into the air and over nearby buildings, gone in an instant.*

Geki1.jpg

((OOC: Sorry Geki, but I'm not really known for my frequent posting.))

Sayn screamed in agony as the Sith lightening ripped through her body. The Gungan Jedi moved her purple lightsaber in front of her abdomen, using the Force to attrack the synthetic lightening to her energy blade. She was able to deflect some of the powerful, dark bolts.....enough so that the wounds wouldn't be fatal. She, however, could not re-direct the bolts forever....she had to think of another line of defence, QUICK!

Then, in an instant, the darksider was gone!

A million thoughts ran through the Jedi Knights head....

Who was he?

Why did he attack?

Why did he flee?

Should I pursue?

No, he is gone now. The other man is safe. Relax.

Sayn shook her head, and her big floppy ears smacked againsts her cheeks. She used the Force to clam herself. The encounter had been abrupt, and she wasn't quite sure exactly what just happened.

The Gungan, however, reminded herself that it didn't really matter what had just transpired. The end result was that both she and the young man were safe now.....and wasn't that her primary reason for confronting the darksider?

Ah, the all-too-sociable man...what did he even want in the first place?

Sayn un-ignited her lightsaber, tucked it on her belt, and turned her attention to the man.

"Why did you approach me? What is it you think I can do for you?

The Gungan Jedi stared at the man quizically. He had nearly gotten both of them killed. She wondered what was worth that risk.

Sayn_Ta.jpg

Far off in the lands long forgotten by the tatooine people stands a large sandcrawler. Typical of its kind, the sandcrawler gleams in the twin suns, save for patchs of rust spread out along the hull.

In the massive shadow provided by the sandcrawerl stands a crowd of jawas. The large mass of brown stands in quiet whisper while waiting. In the distance, several distinct shapes dot the landscape: more sandcrawlers. The Great Gathering had begun

Setting out onto a large platfrom placed right before the crowd, a jawa of typical size moves to the center. Yellow eyes gazed over the crowd. With a raise of his furry hand, the crowd turned silent with listening ears.

[For far too long, our people have roamed these lands with one purpose: garbage collecting. The Outsiders may call this garbage pieces of technology, but we all know the truth! My people, we have stood in our grand sandcrawlers for far too long, primarily minding our own business and attempting to stay out of the way of the Outsiders. And for what? What have we gained as a people due to our efforts? NOTHING!] The Jawa spoke in his native tongue.

[instead, we have been hunted. We have been discriminated. We have been laughed at, shot at, tortured, captured, and killed! Brothers, sisters, parents, children, friends, people that you have known, people that are our own have been treated like this by the Outsiders. For far too long we have done nothing but watch this pass by. But is this right?]

A wave of "No!" came erupting out of the crowd.

[Then let us take action! The Great Truth is this: the galaxy is full of outsiders like these. All of them willing to harm your families and friends. To them, we are the little people. Yet to us, they are the infidels, the Outsiders! The time has come to take action against them! Our time here on this blessed planet has ended for now. The point to start over has come, and then from there, we will wage WAR!!!!!!!!!!]

At the note of "war" the crowd grew wild in support and pride.

"Ooteenie Al-Jawa!"

[Long live the Nation of Jawa!]

With that, the crowd of jawas moved to their respective sandcrawlers. In turn each giant crawler began the slow journey for the port city of Mos Espa.