Mandalore

Kakuto Ryu

Unable to keep the expression of surprise from her face, Tresha stared at the cylinder in Aryian's outstretched hand, considering whether or not it was appropriate to take it. They were sitting on the fringes of a battlefield where, tomorrow, they would both need every edge they could muster, and his jetii'kad would not be anywhere near as useful in combat in her hands as it would be in his. And yet... his impulsive and kingly gift bespoke the very essence of shereshoy. Such a weapon, from what she knew, was crafted in a deeply personal manner. While technically replaceable, bestowing such a token on her was not a thing done as lightly as he made it seem through his nonchalant tone.

It was with tears in her eyes that Tresha extended her hand to take it, but found herself instead impulsively embracing the silver-haired Jedi. When, after a moment, she released him and resumed her seat, she rolled the weapon between her hands, examining the craftsmanship. Gripping it securely, she depressed the ignition switch and watched as a brilliant silver light, rivaling the campfire's glow, burst into existence, spitting fire of its own. Small droplets of rain began to fall as he had predicted; those that made contact with the blade immolating themselves into steam.

The blade whispered as she deactivated it, turning her gaze toward the jetii once more.

"I think we understand one another, Aryian," she said after a modicum of silence. "Thank you."

The soft cadence of rain tapping against armor blanketed their haunt in contemplative white noise, and Tresha found herself mentally cataloguing her losses. Shereshoy, after all, meant letting go, not forgetting. Taking another drink from the bottle, she swallowed the spicy liquid like she swallowed her own pain, and passed it back to Aryian. Thumbs idly caressing the metal hilt, she stared into the flame, some combination of the licking heat and her own melancholy stinging her eyes.

6Fg4S57.jpg

For timely responses, please direct PMs to JJS.

For a long time, things were quiet. It felt...appropriate. A time for joy, a time for grief. Regret tended to drag people down, but forgetting the past was a mortal sin. After all, that's how anyone grew and thrived, they learned from the past. What was anyone if not a collection of experiences and memories?

The last thought stung Aryian harder than he'd liked. What kind of man was he if he wished to dull his memories with alcohol...if he wasn't concerned with the lapses in his memory that were becoming more and more apparent? That wasn't living. It wasn't this shereshoy idea that Tresha had shared with him. It was selfish and cowardly. How could he have fallen so far, that he was no longer even true to himself? Well...no more.

"I guess it's time."

He didn't explain himself, and didn't really have to. He might have been relatively imbibed, but he was one with the Force, and the Force was with him. Like a tidal wave to those sensitive enough to know what was happening, the Force swelled to him, its limitless potential gently gathering to the Grey Master. Aryian stretched out his left hand, palm up, closing his eyes as the broken hilt levitated above him, slowly disassembling itself. Two broken pieces of durasteel piping rose from the mud to softly join the hovering pieces, meeting each other in a perpendicular joining. As they met, Aryian willed the atmosphere to his command, the Force beckoning to his call. Fire rose from the pit, following the line of concentrated oxygen to the new hilt, making appropriate welds that were clean down to the molecular level. The crystal had been barely damaged, but he could tell it would still function.

The process was meticulously slow. Slower even than normal, perhaps, as Aryian had to concentrate harder just to focus on his task. But as he focused, his memories flooded back to him, strengthening his resolve, encouraging him. This is what they would have wanted for him...this would be to honor them. And as that thought resonated in his mind the Force seemed to agree, flowing to him easier, until he was a pyre of Force energy, a beacon of hope in the face of a foe that threatened to extinguish them all.

After a while, the last few parts slowly slipped inside the new casing, completing the lightsaber tonfa. The Force calmed, and the hilt rested itself softly in his left hand. Aryian hefted it, testing the weight, and swung it a few times before it was ignited for the first time. He was no stranger to a tonfa saber, but it had still been some time since he'd used one. Standing from where he sat, he depressed the ignition button, and a brilliantly bright but slightly unstable silver blade cascaded light across his surroundings. It felt...right. And for the first time in a long time, he felt right. Tresha might have gained his old lightsaber, but she had given him something far more valuable in return. He turned it off, clipped it on his belt, and took his seat at the fire, either oblivious or apathetic to any onlookers the ceremony had managed to draw...his mind was focused, even through the now fading haze of the Mandalorian liquor.

He would reclaim what was lost to him.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Although deeply in touch with her empathic abilities, Tresha had never before touched anything akin to the thing that Mirdala described as the Force. While she had never doubted its existence, up until the evening's conversation with Aryian, her experience with jetiise was limited to the Holonet and a couple of bounties. As his inoperative jetii'kad began to fall apart and change its shape, its twin that she held between her hands seemed nearly to shudder. In amazement, she studied him, locked in concentration, tense with absolute focus. Somehow, the saber in her hand glowed warm, seeming to ignite her mind aflame and expand her awareness beyond herself, just as he pulled fire from the blaze before them and poured it into the new construction that began to take shape in midair.

She was not the only one to wonder at the supernatural display of skill, however. Straggling Mando'ade returning from the battlefront began to pause to watch the spectacle that the jetii was performing before them. It was with apprehension that Tresha noted the number of onlookers, growing until they had attracted a crowd of about a dozen. The protective instinct that she was accustomed to feeling for Mirdala, Trita, or Valyin began to rise in her as she noted the expressions on the faces of those who did not wear their buy'cese.

When Aryian finally completed his task and resumed his seat, looking strangely all the more energized rather than spent on the rigor of his task, Tresha clipped the given jetii'kad onto her belt and slowly unholstered one of the WESTAR-35 pistols she wore, moving as though to change the power pack that had not been discharged in the battle whatsoever.

"Who invited this hut'uun?" A voice echoed gruffly from the other side of the campfire. Tresha could barely make out the sigil of Clan Huss on the crown of the man's buy'ce. "I thought we were fighting this kriffing war to get rid of chakaaryce like this."

Tresha looked up from studying her blaster, palming the grip securely. "Ne'johaa, Huss. You don't know what you're saying. He is narudar. The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

The man scoffed. "He is no narudar. What's to stop him doing that with your brains next, shabuir? Pulling them straight out of your head and scrambling them before putting them back in? If the jetii are so powerful, why can't they keep their kriffing lunatics in check? This whole war is their damn fault."

A murmur ran through the assembled crowd and Tresha's heart began to pound. She glanced sidelong at Aryian, barely daring to move a muscle. "I trust him," she said simply.

Title:

burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman - A friend during danger is a true friend

hut'uun - coward

chakaaryc - low-life

ne'johaa - shut up

shabuir - general insult, screw-off, jerk, failure

narudar - temporary ally; enemy's enemy; pact of convenience and not a lasting bond

6Fg4S57.jpg

For now, Mirdala skirted the topic of her own family in favor of learning more about the two women that had chosen to stand with the Vevuts. The mention of a large wedding in the Core Worlds brought an unbidden flash into whatever future her birth mother might have foisted upon her and Mirdala's life taken a different path. "Just remember, big weddings do not a marriage make. The fact that the two of you are standing with us now tells me all I need to know about the investment you've made in your futures here." She looked not just at Mellanie, but also at Kalyani.

Vi'ika, not one to shy away from a compliment, padded over to Kalyani once more and wriggled her snout under the woman's free hand just so the hound could show off just how soft her raven coat was.

Mirdala shook her head and took a few bites as she tried to place where she'd heard the Link before, but came up empty. "The Link has a familiar ring to it, but I can't directly place it. My riduur would more than likely know. Goodness knows he's had more experience outside the sector than I did in my career with the Journeyman Protectors and CoreSec. To answer your earlier question, Mellanie," Mirdala's gaze rose once more, and her eyes betrayed both a weary sadness backed by a strong determination to keep at things as she answered. "More than I'd care to count."

--------

Rahg looked up sharply from his bowl of food and reached down to grab his assault rifle with his free hand, his lips curling into a snarl as he rose to go hunting. TeVerd and Rhys had also straightened but took a few more moments to assess the situation and position of their team before grabbing gear.

"Tresha's closest," TeVerd remarked as he reached out to gauge his niece's signature and grabbing his rifle when he sensed her on-edge. "Let's go."

As the trio shouldered checked their weapons, TeVerd keyed up Kandor's comm to fill him in on the situation. "Force User activity detected within the city walls. You grab Dika; we're already en route to investigate. Tresha's engaged already from the sense of things. Patching through to her comm now. Tresh - sitrep."

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

"He's not wrong."

Aryian's voice was low, making no effort for anyone other than Tresha to hear him. His eyes were still on the fire, but the Force began to make him acutely aware of the situation he'd caused for himself.

"And in fact, it's one of the greatest shames the Jedi have had to bear. But it is simply the reality of it all. You learn to live with and accept what you can't change...and you can't change the nature of the Force."

There was more murmurs now among those gathered, not even necessarily generated by what he said. He continued, in a more hushed tone, ensuring only Tresha would hear.

"In fact, for nearly a year I was enslaved and bent to the will of a Sith Master to pretty much do exactly what he just described. Just because the Sith thought it was fun, and I was exploited while I was weak. It's probably best to just let me be."

Blz1mwg.png

Kandor had limited capacity to socialize even among his own people, and so he was already heading back towards the rally point where Mirdala and the others were waiting when he received a pair of comms.

The first was from the beskar'ad that Vihk had sent over, asking for new orders now that the fighting was resolved for the moment. Fett wasn't sure what to do with the droid just yet -- it had been sent too late in the planning process to properly assess its capabilities. For now he would keep tabs on it and use it as a potential ace up his sleeve; if it survived all the fighting he would find a long-term use for it. In this moment, he would take whatever tactical advantage it could give him. "Make sure you have a full charge, then find a post and watch for the army to return," he ordered.

As soon as that comm ended the second came in from TeVerd. Seemed there was a situation developing. Fett picked up his pace and slapped a fresh power pack into his assault rifle. He pinged Mirdala's implant with his own and got her position, then as he closed with her he transmitted to her. "Mird'ika. I take it you can feel what's going on?" he asked.

He rounded a corner and found his riduur and Vi'ika with two other dalase in armor, one of them not in a proper beskar'gam but here and fighting nonetheless. When she caught sight of him he tilted his head and gestured with his rifle towards the disturbance. It sounded like TeVerd was going to get there first, but depending on what this was, it wouldn't hurt to provide backup.

iTJBZId.png

Ad'ika, the strike teams are assembling. If you’re quite done with killing for the moment…”

Harjav’s voice broke through the fog that was concealing her mind where she stood on the banks of the Kelita. The world passed from silence into the chirrups and sounds of the forest night, backed by the rhythm of churning whitewater. She came out of her trance with a smile towards her advancing squaddies. The twins kept within the treeline, covering the banks with two angles with their disrupters from behind a fallen tree that was beginning to go half-rotten. Harjav and Shen advanced towards her, slipping around the scattered corpses as she made her way towards them. Her comlink buzzed in her ear, indicating an assembly call by her employers

“Blackwraith, if you’re done slaughtering the cowards, report to assembly two.”

Terra slipped her helmet over her head, triggering the environmental seals before her squad could see the look of distaste on her face. She waved the squad to follow her as they slunk through the darkened woodline, only illuminated with nightvision from their HUDs. Aoarn and Bas’ar joined them, their armor slick with what Terra could only imagine was blood. Bas’ar greated them by comlink as they filed into the ranks of the stealthed commandos

“The Scorekeeper blessed us tonight, thirty-two dead by our hands.”

The Twin’s AI spoke up, glum disappointment seeping in its sarcastic tones

“Only twelve for us, the farmers wouldn’t peek over their barricades after a while”

Terra nodded to the killcounts as her squad began a livey discussion on the deaths they had caused, and the families they had torn apart. Harjav linked into her private com

“Oy, Terra, I saw you put that Jeedai on his back. I think he got out wounded, but badly so. I thought you would duel him with that trophy-blade of yours…”

The young assassin kept silent, activating an automatic affirmative response, she didn’t have the patience to banter. The squad approached the assembly area, and more squads began to move from the trees. Shen’s voice caught Terra’s mind with his grating drawl

“Jeez, these ‘ere mercs look comp’tant at lest!”

Terra slipped off her helmet, approaching the commanding figure in the milling groups of commandos (Wolfe) for her orders.

Terra

To the Death...

A couple other voices joined the skeptical heckling, and a handful of people were soon gathered, argumentative words exchanged that Tresha could not quite discern from her seat several meters away. While there were obviously some that had gathered out of sheer curiosity, who were unafraid of the jetii among them, the vast majority drew a stark parallel between Aryian and Ab'ki's ilk.

Aryian's whisper, clearly meant for her alone, served as a strange confirmation of that mental leap. Rather than being unsettled or perturbed, however, Tresha simply found that her compassion for him expanded in kind. Faced with the decision about how to handle the unfolding situation, she commanded her pounding heart to be still as she picked up her buy'ce from off the log beside her and jammed it down over her head, the mag-seals engaging with a high-frequency hiss.

"It sounds to me like you could use someone to watch your back, then," she said, voice gravelly over the amplification of her helmet. "I'll see if--"

Before she could respond further, however, TeVerd's voice erupted from her helmet's comm. "Tresha, sitrep."

Quickly, she brought up the frequency of her traat'aliit. "Some of our vode are a little disgruntled by Mand'alor's choice of allies, apparently. Standby," she said calmly, not wanting to misrepresent the severity of the situation.

Standing from her seat on the far side of the fire, she holstered her blaster, crossing in front of Aryian to where the heated discussion was taking place.

"Kriff that," the man from Clan Huss was growling. "The only good jetii is a dead one. Who's to say he's not feeding Ab'ki information from behind the line?"

"What is there for her to know that she can't find out with sensors, scanners, and scouts?" Another man from Skirata was saying. "We have the high ground here. If Mand'alor says he's cleared, he's cleared."

"Well, then Mand'alor is the fool I always knew he would be," he growled, and a handful of others who had gathered behind him nodded their assent. At that moment, Tresha had decided she had heard enough. Letting these verde express their frustration and grief was one thing, but now it was personal. Now it was family.

"Please, everyone," she cut in, standing with her palms out as if to calm a wild animal. "This infighting won't do us any favors. We're all on the same side. It's been a long day, and we should put this behind us and get some res--"

The heightened emotion she sensed in the man across from her was not enough warning for his sudden roar of motion. With a lunge, he shoved her shoulders with such force that she stumbled and landed flat on her back. Agilely rolling to her feet, Tresha just barely sidestepped the Huss' beskar-clad fist that swung past her head.

She took a measured step back, keeping the scene before her as she stood between the vengeful Mando'ade and her new burc'ya with both WESTAR-35s in her hands.

"On second thought," she murmured, reactivating the comm once more, "I could do with some backup."

6Fg4S57.jpg

"The Manda's in a giving mood today Ad'Nort," Rhys's voice came over the comm as a section of the crowd parted way for the trio of Seekers.

Unable to actually direct his ire at the Force-using slag before him, Rahg instead turned that menace to the address the crowd. "If there's to be any killing of Jetii right here and now, it's going to be at my hand. Anyone care to challenge me for that right?" He pounded his gauntlet against the Seeker emblem on his chest.

Tresha's trouble-maker looked Rahg over with a sneer but seemed to ultimately decide it wasn't worth taking on the larger man and the two other similarly built Seekers with him. "This isn't over hut'uunla jetii."

"It is now," TeVerd interjected. "We've got an eye on him from here. Go back to your camps and get some food and some rest. We've a lot more fighting ahead of us; so save it for the next day and the day after that." He joined Tresha, standing bodily between Aryian and the assembled concerned citizens.

((Handing this off to Courtney due to wild weather.))

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Mirdala seemed weary, and Mellanie didn't blame her. Asking after her family might not have been the best idea, not today, not given the battle. For all she knew, one of Mirdala's close kin had died today--or more than one. Not sure what to say, Mel fell silent.

Suddenly, she felt something. It was like a bucket of water being dumped over her, fresh and clear and cool. Or as if there was suddenly a warm golden light illuminating the area, coming from one central point. Mel glanced in that direction and frowned, puzzled, seeing nothing. What is that? As quickly as it had come, the strange feeling faded.

A moment later, a black-clad Mandalorian came jogging up and motioned at Mirdala. Clearly there was some sort of trouble related to the odd sensation she had just felt. She set down her bowl and picked up her blaster. Holstering it, she rose and trotted over to see what the commotion was all about. There was a gathering crowd of Mandalorians around a fire, where four of them stood defending a man in hodge podge armor.

"This isn't over, hut'uunla jetii!" one man shouted.

Mellanie's heart sank. The man they were all staring at was a Jedi, and fighting on the side of the Mandalorians it seemed. The sensation she had felt--the Jedi must have done something with the Force, which was what had drawn this crowd of hostiles. She stepped back from the group. As if she needed more encouragement to keep her Force-sensitivity hidden, here it was. She bit the inside of her cheek, then turned away. She wasn't about to mess things up with the Vevuts just because of something she was born with and couldn't control. She'd keep it hidden if it took every ounce of her willpower.

DSgZUkY.jpg

Daughter of Sabian Devanus and Zara Nargal

"Just remember, big weddings do not a marriage make. The fact that the two of you are standing with us now tells me all I need to know about the investment you've made in your futures here." She looked not just at Mellanie, but also at Kalyani.

Kaly listened as Mirdala offered Mel some advice and was a little surprised at being included regarding the future. Part of her had hoped that she would be welcome to stay here too. She offered a small smile which widened as Vi’ika nosed under her hand for attention. The young woman’s hand automatically caressed the back of the soundhounds head, loving the feel as she stroked the soft fur.

"The Link has a familiar ring to it, but I can't directly place it. My riduur would more than likely know. Goodness knows he's had more experience outside the sector than I did in my career with the Journeyman Protectors and CoreSec. To answer your earlier question, Mellanie," Mirdala's gaze rose once more, and her eyes betrayed both a weary sadness backed by a strong determination to keep at things as she answered. "More than I'd care to count."

Respectfully, Kaly fell silent as Mel had, her thoughts going back to that moment when this battle became all too real for her. Suddenly she felt a strange sensation, automatically looking in the direction she thought it came from. Puzzled by the cause, her hand paused as she patted Vi’ika. Moments later, her attention was shifted to a black armoured figure that signaled to Mirdala. The sensation was teasing her senses so Kaly was right behind Mellanie as they headed towards the commotion. When they stopped, able to see what it was all about her breath caught in her throat as she looked at the hecklers surrounding the Jedi. Slowly she let it out, grateful that there were some standing up for him, but also relief that no-one had seen what she had done on the battlefield when she’d used the Force to push back a grenade. If they had seen it, she was sure there would have been a similar scene to this. She had cause for concern that someone would catch her out though as what she’d done had been by instinct and self preservation.

As Mel turned to go back Kaly rested her hand upon her armoured shoulder, “Let’s get back to the others.” When they started walking back she added almost as an aside, “I wonder if we can get into a workshop sometime soon. I want to see if I can make a kind of ‘repeller’ to put on my arm. Something that will at least look like it would ‘push’ a grenade away mid air…” She hoped that her sister would catch onto what she meant and what she'd done. That she had instinctively used the Force when she’d been in danger. If her instincts were going to kick in automatically she wanted to have something in place to disguise the minimal Force use.

1cQgV4y.jpg

"Truth be told, though, you are Tandra Qwinn's daughter, heiress to the Qwinn house. There is no mistaking it." Deborma

As events unfolded, the Grey Master sat stoically, still staring into the fire. The crowd stirred, but there were more moving parts than met the eye. This was their story, their history they needed to get over. And Aryian wasn't the man to try and convince them. As the crowd cleared, Aryian addressed the one Mandalorian that defended him with his own body.

"I'd say thanks, but I don't think you're looking for thanks. I'll try to keep out of the way from now on."

Aryian stood, nodding to Tresha as he began to walk away, but he stopped as he was about to pass Rahg, and spoke once more, keeping his voice low and speaking quickly. He could feel the emotions rolling off the man, and knew very well that Aryian's death was something the man desired greatly.

"When this war is said and done, and we both survive, you are more than welcome to kill me. If you can. I won't seek protection from it. I won't use the Force. My name is Aryian Darkfire. Killing me will bring you and your clan a good measure of glory. And it would be a fitting end."

Aryian stated everything in a neutral tone, not intending offense or otherwise trying to rile the man. And he was dead serious. After a brief pause, he continued walking away, headed for a spot he'd picked out to sleep for the night. Morning would come all too soon.

Blz1mwg.png

Major Wolfe hated this planet, every single thing about it made him long for a starship. He was originally born in space, and missed the clean deckplates and the smell of the recycled air. There was no sickening mud in space. But...he was here to do his duty, and he would see that through to the end.

Terra approached with the rest of her ragtag team, still dirty and grimy from the front lines, and Wolfe did the best he could to stifle a grimace as he handed her a datapad outlining the details of her planned operation.

"Beta team will be with you, ma'am. You are to assault Keldabe as the battle starts, not giving away your position until you hear the signal. High Priest Daystrom has requested that you return with a few targets, he has something...'special' planned, as he put it. Other than that, you are to hit hard and cause as much tactical confusion as possible, and if able, pass this message to asset Epsilon Theta."

Wolfe produced a code cylinder for her, handing it over.

"If contact can't be made, the drop point is detailed on the datapad. Operation Helter Skelter begins at 0300 hours. Questions?"

3LeIxS8.jpg

Mirdala nodded, pursing her lips before replying along the same private channel she shared with Kandor, "It's Darkfire. Buir and a couple of the others are already on it to help Tresh calm the crowd down." She cast her gaze across the rally point where the crowd had gathered, noting that both Mellanie and Kalyani had left to go investigate.

Before that though, she noted that both Mellanie's and Kalyani's attention was taken in the direction of the unrest before anyone had even begun to gather in the first place. So that's what had brought Vi'ika over this way, Mirdala observed, still exercising care to ensure her own outgoing signature was masked within the general Force-static that was usual for an area where so many beings were gathered.

"Why don't you check in with the Vevuts, Kandor. I'd like to check in with Kalyani and Mellanie to see what they saw," she transmitted via their private channel before rising and meeting the girls halfway between.

"You are like him?" she guessed quietly so no others around could hear the exchange. At the other women's hesitation, she quickly added, "There's no need to be afraid, as a Seeker, I know what to look for and how you feel. So does Vi'ika." As though to punctuate the point, the sandhound nuzzled Kalyani's hand again. "What help do you need to blend in better?"

-------

TeVerd looked at the Grey Jedi as he left, nodding for Rhys to follow at a discrete distance to ensure that no one decided to take it upon themselves to decide the Jedi's fate or make any further trouble. Rahg came up beside him and grunted in disgust. "He sounds like the Runt. Misguided if he thinks we're all in this for something as fleeting as glory. He might not be the only one around here though, just the first one dumb enough to use his powers openly. 'Aryian Darkfire'," he echoed. "You sure I can't just put him out of his misery now? Doesn't seem to have much fight in him anyway."

"No, you can't, Rahg," TeVerd said firmly as his brain searched for connection to the name. "He's lost. On our side, but looking for meaning in his own life. Leave him be and save your teeth for the enemy before us. Kandor trusts him, Mirdala trusts Kandor, and I trust Mirdala. This matter is over. You want to hunt him once the war is over, that's your risk and prerogative. For now, he stands with us."

"Until that lightsaber winds up in our backsides..." Rahg snarled, then stalked off in the opposite direction that Rhys and the Jedi had taken.

There were a few more moments of silence, then he turned his violet eyes to Tresha. "I'd like you to transfer to his fighting unit. Watch him, help him, maybe even learn from him. You may not be able to utilize the Force, but knowing as much as you can about it could mean the difference in survival against Ab'ki and her forces. I may have failed your father, but I won't fail you if I can help it."

fMZZcER.png

“Elek Mand’alor. Jiila!”

The MAD-01’s servos fired to life once more and the droid sprinted toward the perimeter defenses where he’d get the best view. However, as he neared the main entrance to Keldabe, a strong reading registered on his infrared. Temperature levels rose in intensity and he shifted the visor of his buy’ce to get a better look. Tension rose off in the forest. Temperature levels rose beyond the normal indicated for biological life and a plasma event took place, drawing even more bright light into his infrared sensors.

Mand’alor’s orders hovered over the H.U.D of the MAD-01’s buy’ce. The droid considered the options put forth and it put the safety of Mand’alor’s verde higher than keeping to the letter of his current order. When this issue was handled, priority would return to the original order, but if Mandalorian lives were in danger, the droid would intercede. That was its job, among other things, to be a shield.

Quickly the droid sprinted. The mechanical mando’ade vaulted over obstacles and took detours through several side streets before arriving in a clearing in the woods. It was one of the verde’s perimeter camps. The droid witnessed a gathering of individuals from many clans. A man, wireframed in green and walking away, was indicated as Aryian Darkfire – jetii – Father to Aidan Darkfire and former husband to Armiena Draygo. Mand’alor and Mirdala Ad’Goran arrived accompanied by Mellanie Devanus and Kaylani Wartide. Every verde within his optical sensors registered as burc'yase. But designation: Tresha Ad’nort was still on the edges of the camp trying to recover from something.

The droid’s programming was a little mixed. But it read the situation as best it could. The mechanical Mando’ade rushed over to Tresha and saluted. The shield attachment in its right arm shifted until it was a large heater sized plate and the droid looked at Tresha with caring indifference. Its alliances were programmed and its concern was measured by algorithms. But it did what it could nonetheless.

“Designation: Tresha Ad’nort, do you require assistance? My creator vaunted you as trustworthy. If any wish you harm, let me know if I can help.” The droid’s voice was low but clear. It didn’t hesitate at Tresha’s side and was determined to stay until it got an answer. The priority order from Mand'alor was still on its H.U.D and was very clear to be its next course of action. But its basic programming, as was repeated many times in the core of its droid heart, was to achieve victory through combat and protect those it could with its entire shell if it had to.

b9bOzf7.png

<< Look at the bottom of the Character Sheet >>

Fett was glad to hear the situation had worked itself out. He had been worried that this had been a cultist incursion or something, rather than just Darkfire calling on the Force. Of course, that too had had the potential to go bad quickly. Kandor's perspective on the jetiise was uncommon among his people, and was born of his experiences with certain members of that Order as late in his life as Augury membership. At one point some time before that, having tangled with the likes of Hou-Jo Poleb and suffered through a terrifying mental assault, he had been prepared to declare a personal war on the Force and all of its practitioners -- much more akin to the attitude many Mando'ade had carried around with them since the time of Revan. With tensions running high already, an altercation in the camp could have taken an ugly turn, and that was the last thing Keldabe's defenders needed.

In any case, Tresha and TeVerd seemed to have smoothed things over, and now Mirdala was asking him to speak with Vevut clan. About what he wasn't certain, but Mirdala had set out after the two women she'd been speaking to earlier, to at least one of which Vi'ika seemed to have taken a liking. The sand hound was usually a fair judge of character but, Kandor reflected, she was occasionally susceptible to such vices as scratches behind the ears. He hadn't failed to notice how they had reacted to Darkfire's disturbance without being clued in verbally that something was happening, which gave him a lead.

It was also unusual that one of them wasn't in a beskar'gam, so there was definitely a story there. Fett approached one of the older Vevuts. "Su'cuy," he greeted the man. "Both those dalase belong with your clan? Where are you all from?"

iTJBZId.png

"You are like him?" At Mirdala’s words, Kalyani drew in a sharp breath wondering how she knew they were sensitives. "There's no need to be afraid, as a Seeker, I know what to look for and how you feel. So does Vi'ika." How they felt? Realisation dawned that Mirdala had felt them through the Force. She also realised why she had been singled out by the predator... it could sense them too and since Vi'ika hadn't attacked her, figured it could also sense that she wasn't a threat. As Vi’ika nuzzled under her hand again she automatically stroked the sandhounds head. She breathed out as Mirdala reassured them. "What help do you need to blend in better?"

By her words Kaly decided to take a risk and trust this small but powerful woman. Her eyes went to her sister first then back before she answered softly, “Yes… no formal training though… only what Mum’s taught us.” She paused for a moment before continuing, “I was just thinking of making an attachment to my arm armour that could ‘repel’ something like a grenade…” Her curiosity had spiked and she found herself asking, “What is a Seeker exactly?”

1cQgV4y.jpg

"Truth be told, though, you are Tandra Qwinn's daughter, heiress to the Qwinn house. There is no mistaking it." Deborma

Mellanie put an arm around her sister's shoulder as Kaly implied that she had used the Force actively earlier. "It'll be okay, sis. We just have to be careful." Mirdala and her sandhound trotted up just then, and Mirdala was very blunt, suddenly accusing them of being Force-users. Mel cursed under her breath. But Mirdala seemed to not have the same opinion on Force-users as the rest of her people, for she immediately asked what she could do to help them. She met her sister's gaze. Kaly looked like she was ready to trust Mirdala, but Mel wasn't so sure. Her sister asked about the Seekers, but Mel chimed in right away. "More to the point, why do you want to help us? I mean, we're complete strangers, and not far from aruetiise."

Just because the Vevuts had welcomed them as their own didn't mean this woman would.

___

Keaz Vevut nodded as Mand'alor came up. "Su'cuy Mand'alor," he replied. "Yes, that was my son's riduur and her sister. Want some shig? There's some behot here." He poured a cup of the steaming liquid and offered it to Kandor. "We live to the northeast of Keldabe, about 1500 clicks from the city. Got a farm out there, good plot of land."

He sipped his drink, then spoke again. "What's the overall situation look after the day's fighting? Has the dar'jetii shown her shab'la face yet? We set up some ara'novor over there--they were trying to attack from the river, but I don't think they'll try to come that way again. Where do you need us when the next wave comes?"

DSgZUkY.jpg

Tresha watched Aryian disappear into the evening dim as TeVerd spoke, her hand falling to the unfamiliar weight of the saber on her belt. There was something curious in that lone wolf of a man, some hidden spark of which she had seen but a bare flicker. Her new assignment meant, possibly, that she might be able to discern more of what that spark might be.

"I can keep eyes on him. You keep eyes on that one," she responded in the affirmative as she finally glanced back at TeVerd, gesturing with her chin at the retreating figure of Rahg. A wistful smile showed on her face as she clapped a hand on her cousin's shoulder. "Get some rest."

<“Designation: Tresha Ad’Nort, do you require assistance? My creator vaunted you as trustworthy. If any wish you harm, let me know if I can help.”>

The mechanical voice interrupted her train of thought as she turned to part ways from her cousin and the other Seekers as the commotion around the fire dispersed. A droid fully armored in beskar'gam stood at attention near the fading edge of the firelight. Looking it up and down, she shook her head fractionally. "No, thank you, the situation is under control."

My creator... The rest of the droid's sentence suddenly made sense. "Vihk," she said under her breath. Well, at least his opinion of her was positive, given the tenuous circumstances of their meeting several days prior. She turned to address the droid once more. "Keep an eye out for hostiles and reinforce the perimeter, will you?"

Moving back toward the dying embers of the fire, she set her head against a log near enough to the cinders to provide some amount of ambient light. It was time to get as much rest as she could before the next wave, as difficult as that might be with all of the convoluted thoughts spinning around in her mind. And make sure I'm not disturbed unless the city's burning down...

6Fg4S57.jpg

Designation: Tresha Ad’nort’s physical condition was consistent with galactic standard health regulations. Her dismissal was adequate and expected, considering the lack of need. It was a bit abrupt, but the droid logically deduced that its presence was not conducive to the practical conclusion of whatever conflict this had been. The MAD-01 looked to the battery regulator on its H.U.D, as instructed, verified that it was mostly full, and then proceeded back to the optimal indicated space; an exterior outpost near Keldabe’s main gate.

The Mando’ade would require sleep to help rejuvenate their minds and bodies. Yet, their enemies might forgo sleep. The MAD-01 was an opportune piece in maintaining active surveillance, so the need for its post was dire. And although the droid could not comprehend tension, stress, or anxiety, the necessity for its role and the pragmatism behind its design were perfect motivators for it.

The droid sprinted with incredible speed to the tower on the edge of the outpost and climbed the impromptu ladder on the side of the building. When it reached the top, the droid positioned itself at an angle to where it could see a good portion of the frontline. It situated itself and deployed its field comm unit for when or if the enemy forces tried to get the jump on Mand’alor’s forces.

The MAD-01 regularly changed between standard sight, starlight vision, and infrared scans to compile a comprehensive layout of the frontline every few minutes. Organics might find such a chore tedious or obnoxious, but the MAD-01’s programming was consistent with principles of war. Knowledge was crucial.

b9bOzf7.png

<< Look at the bottom of the Character Sheet >>

"Force Hunter, primarily," Mirdala answered Kalyani's question bluntly. "As for my reasons for helping you," she turned to face Mellanie, "it takes a certain amount of gett'se to choose to fight in someone else's war, no matter the ties." Mirdala leaned toward the two of them, her voice remaining low. "As a whole, the Mando'ade had more than enough reasons to dislike Force Users long before this current conflict. Not all of us feel that way. I've fought alongside Jetiise. Being a Force User doesn't make someone bad. It's how they choose to use the tool that determines whether or not they wind up on my hunt list."

She held out her arm so they could see some of the damage her gauntlet had sustained in the last skirmish. "One doesn't have to be able to use the Force to exact damage. Lucky for you I grew up apprenticed to two of the best armor and weaponsmith's I've ever known. I also have a few ideas of improvements to your kits that can help keep you camouflaged. Unless you'd like to draw that sort of attention to yourself. Unfortunately, there are those among my people and among the Seekers that would rather kill than risk your presence here.

"I know what you can do, even partially trained and it's not right to force you to fight with one arm behind your back and be looking over your shoulder at your allies as well as the enemy. My offer to help stands, but I leave it to you. Either way, it's your business who you tell. Just be careful. Workshop's over there if you need me." She gestured and then headed in that direction to recheck her own kit further before the next day's fight.

fMZZcER.png

The young assassin inclined her head at the commando, her expression of distrust hidden behind the crimson glow of her buy’ce. She inserted the encrypted uplink into her wrist-mounted datapad, and began to scan the data as it was decrypted. The distrusting grimace dissolved into a foul smile, which was marked by an upswelling of blood in her mouth. She could taste the hunt to come.

“Wolfe, it shall be done as ordered. A word of warning, I always leave plenty of collateral damage and broken families. Your cult best not cross me, or be late in payment.”

She swept her hand in a circle, her ragtag team of Greyjoys beginning to move back into the darkened forest. A tinkling laughter came through her voice-synthesizer, grating harshly on the ears

“I’ll begin at 0300 galactic standard. Your boys best not be late.”

As her squad began to filter into the forest’s darkness, towards the distant outline of Keldabe, she began to repair her jetpack’s thrusters. The fuel was full once more, but the right thruster was still slightly warped. The ysalamiri was alive and churning in her ear, crying to her mind to increase the spilled blood upon the world. Each of her weapons were ready for war.

Terra

To the Death...

Fett declined the shig with a raised hand and a bowed head, indicating that he appreciated the offer. He found he could enjoy the hot drink when he had time to relax with a datapad or a holonet link, but the fighting was too recent and his blood was still too warm too currently imbibe it. Plus he currently had his buy'ce on and was using it to keep track of team chatter.

"Some of the outermost fortifications took a beating, but they'll need a much bigger assault to make real headway," he responded. "I think the main body of the army that landed will move in sometime in the next 19 standard hours." He used Manda'yaim's orbital period rather than Coruscant's, which was second nature while speaking Mando'a despite the fact that he'd grown accustomed to 24-hour cycles over his career away from the Sector. "Ops warns that they might attack overnight, but I think they might hold out until daybreak to limit friendly fire. Either way, I think we could pull more defenders to the north side, and your clan would be a welcome addition there."

2277 cut in. "I have the final reports for the first engagement ready for you when you are ready, Master."

Fett put his hand to the side of his helmet to visibly indicate to Vevut that he was getting a transmission. "Excuse me," he said, then headed back towards his own camp. He'd had about enough socializing for now anyway. He'd look over the data, meet up with Mirdala and the others, maybe get some skraan, see to his equipment, then possibly try to get some rest in case the brains in the command center were correct and the next attack came after nightfall. There wouldn't be a dull moment.

iTJBZId.png

Things were a blur for Tros, as the battle seemed to move rather quickly. While he knew he fought in it, his own memory of it seemed to be lost in some other dimension. Things moved fast in war, and in a manner of hours, or couple of days for some, the tide turns faster then you can keep up with. Even now as he sat in a corner of a room where his squad was hosted for the moment, he had his own buy'ce off as he looked at all of those who remained. Raeshe and Caen sat sharing some drinks as they talked battle strategy. A few others sat and sang some songs for the fallen. Over all, his small group of about 60 had dwindled down to 40 after the first engagement. His own chest plate had a fresh new blaster scoring on it. Not wanting to think too much on wether or not he was leading his own Clans to their death due to being unprepared, the beroya went back to cleaning his A280. He was still looking down when he felt a very faint kick in the thigh. As he looked up, he could see Raeshe and Caen standing over him now. It was Caen who spoke first.

"Copaani gaan?"

"Gedet'ye."

Tros stood up and made room for the two to join him. Caen sat down right next to him and gave a short smile. He had short light brown hair and hazel eyes. He had some scruff on his face, but his eyes spoke very loudly that the toll of the battle was wearing thin on him already. It broke a small part of Tros on the inside.

"I'm sorry Tros. I know I'm not much of a battle warrior. Outside of you and Raeshe, I don't think anyone here can say they were prepared. But you're one hell of a commander for us."

"Don't worry about it Caen. By the time this is all over, we'll all be war vets. But you should focus on cleaning you weapon. It better be ready within the hour. I have a feeling that this whole thing is about to start up again. Wave two is on it's way."

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

Mirdala's bluntness was actually comforting. One thing Mellanie appreciated about the Mandalorians--they said what they meant. But it was a big secret, given what she knew about the way people in general would feel about the two of them if the truth became widely known. And Mel wasn't exactly trusting by nature. As Mirdala offered to help them with their kits, Mel bit her lip. Cautiously, she softly tapped into the Force, seeking Mirdala's intentions. It was a trick her father had forced on her. "Mellanie," he had said one day as they sat together in his office, "being able to tell if someone is being honest, or if they have a secret agenda, or if they're being rude, or if they wish you harm--it's saved my life many times, and it's the only reason I'm still in office. I want you to learn it, just in case." She hadn't been able to refuse him. So now, she hesitantly reached out, and after a moment, was able to brush the barest surface of Mirdala's very heavily armored and fortified mind. But it was enough--the dala was genuine in her offer.

She sighed and drew back. Her breathing had increased a little, and now she strove to get her breathing back under control. "Go on, Kaly. Go with her and see if there's something we can use. She's right; we may need every advantage. I'm not going to be so selfish as to sacrifice others' lives just to protect you and I."

It was a momentous statement, coming from her, and honestly it made her a little uncomfortable. She was used to putting her family first, always, and while she would have some measure of compassion for others, they weren't her focus or her priority. But now...perhaps that was starting to change. "I'm gonna find Araac. Let me know what Mirdala comes up with."

Mellanie glanced at the dark, overcast sky, then headed off back towards the Vevut's fires. She found the clan packing up. "What's up?" she asked Araac.

"Mand'alor was here--that Mando in the black beskar'gam. He said he wants us to move to defend the north side of the city, so we're heading that way in case there's an attack tonight."

"Okay," Mel replied. She stuck her helmet back on and commed Kalyani to let her know the news, then grabbed a few things and started walking through the city, Araac beside her.

"So what did that woman want?" Araac asked.

"That was Mirdala Ad'Goran," Mel replied. She glanced around, and seeing that no one was close enough to eavesdrop, proceeded to tell Araac all about the incident with the Jedi and Mirdala's words. "I'm grateful for her kindness, but I'm pissed off," she finished, her voice a furious whisper. "I never asked for this ability. I never wanted it. I was just born this way. But because of that, people are going to treat me differently. Some will even want to kill me. Just for something I had no choice about and can't control. What the shab is up with Mandalorians hating Force-users anyway?"

"They've done a lot of damage to my people in the past," Araac said soberly. "It's...it's just part of our culture now."

"That's no excuse," she snapped. "The Sith murder and terrorise everywhere they go. And it's doesn't mean we're all like that."

"I know, Mel'ika," he replied soothingly. "I know. It's not right, and it's not fair. But I think you should take Mirdala up on her offer. It'll protect you."

Mel sighed tiredly. "Sorry, I know you know. It's just...I hate it. And I will, I promise. Kalyani is already investigating what she can do." They fell silent for the rest of the walk. Mel's thoughts turned to Araac. He was such a rare gem in the midst of all of this. She remembered when he had found out she was Force-sensitive. He hadn't judged her, hadn't looked at her differently or wondered why she hadn't wanted any training. He had accepted her exactly how she was. They set down their supplies once they were at the northern front, and strung up a quick tent, a precaution against the return of the pounding rain.

"I'm going to make another trip," Araac said, coming around the corner.

"Okay," Mellanie replied. He turned to go. "Araac."

He glanced back. She walked over to him, and took his helmeted head in her hands. Gently she pulled his helmet down to touch her own. They stood there for a moment, helmeted forehead to helmeted forehead. "I love you," she finally said. She grinned. "Now, let's win this war and get on with life."

DSgZUkY.jpg

“... I've fought alongside Jetiise. Being a Force User doesn't make someone bad. It's how they choose to use the tool that determines whether or not they wind up on my hunt list." Kaly nodded her head in agreement regarding how the Force User would choose to use their powers. “It goes for non-Force Users to…” she said, thinking about her Father and his ‘winning personality’... Not! “Being with the Link we’ve met and had dealings with both Jetiise and darjetii. We’ve always tried to remain neutral so for the most part our dealings have been good.”

"One doesn't have to be able to use the Force to exact damage. Lucky for you I grew up apprenticed to two of the best armor and weaponsmith's I've ever known. I also have a few ideas of improvements to your kits that can help keep you camouflaged. Unless you'd like to draw that sort of attention to yourself. Unfortunately, there are those among my people and among the Seekers that would rather kill than risk your presence here.

I know what you can do, even partially trained and it's not right to force you to fight with one arm behind your back and be looking over your shoulder at your allies as well as the enemy. My offer to help stands, but I leave it to you. Either way, it's your business who you tell. Just be careful. Workshop's over there if you need me."

"Go on, Kaly. Go with her and see if there's something we can use. She's right; we may need every advantage. I'm not going to be so selfish as to sacrifice others' lives just to protect you and I. I'm gonna find Araac. Let me know what Mirdala comes up with."

“Will do Mel. I’ll catch up with you soon.” Kalyani had already decided she would take Mirdala up on her offer. She watched her sister walk off before she headed after Mirdala. Kaly caught up just as she was entering the workshop. “I’d like to take you up on your offer.” Moments later she received a comm from Mellanie letting her know that they were moving to defend the north side of the city.

1cQgV4y.jpg

A vid comm arrived for Kalyani from space. Seen was a black armored figure with the Ducal crest of Serenno on the right paldron though his face was hidden behind a mirrored visor. The voice eminating from the helment had the Serenooian accent with a hint of the noble phrasings on certain words.

--Greetings Miss Wartide. Count Shadowlord sends his regards to you and your family. He has been unable to contact your mother and sent me to track you down to deliver some news in person regarding Dathomir. Where would be the best location to meet in private?--

E nomini patri, et Fili e spiritu sancti.

"I'm heading to the workshop for a bit," she commed Kandor via their shared implant as she picked up her helmet from where she'd left it by the crates. "Meet you back at camp? Going to check my kit out to make sure there wasn't more damage than I originally thought. The two women I was speaking with are, at the very least, partially trained Force-sensitives. I'm getting a better read on them. Vy'ika's also working on things as well, so I've got backup other than Vi'ika."

Luckily there wasn't as much work she needed to do to her armor as she thought. Several of the dart launcher's tubes had been compromised, so she'd had to disassemble the gauntlet and replace the tubing and pneumatics. She'd just replaced the casing and had completed a few dry fire tests to her satisfaction, she set her work aside and turned to Mellanie and Kalyani's gauntlets.

Looking around for Kalyani, who'd joined her in the workshop earlier, she noted that it looked like the other woman had stepped out but had left a decent sized pile of discarded parts and electronics she'd managed to scrounge from around the shop. Impressed, Mirdala scooped up the pile and gauntlets and deposited them back on her own workstation.

As she worked, she could still sense the growing tension in the air around the city of Keldabe and considered for a moment how best she was going to create the prop elements for their gauntlets and whether or not helping them hide their Force abilities was really the best course of action. Vi'ika gave no outward signs of trouble, so Mirdala filed it away as something to unpack with Kandor later.

She worked for several hours, emerging from the workshop into the darkness of the early night having completed adding attachments to the right gauntlet for each that would, for all purposes, appear as a functional repulsor cannon, even including some electronics that were linked into the rest of the power to add another layer of camouflage to the ruse.

Not able to find either Mellanie or Kalyani anywhere, she turned to Vi'ika, not wanting to blow her own cover as a Force User by reaching out to locate them.

"You know, it might be better if you let me take them back," Vy'ika remarked. "It's nice that you're helping and all, but I can't say that I trust them yet."

"When did I say that I did?" Mirdala asked, handing the bag containing her handiwork to her older brother. "Still, they did opt to stand by the Vevut's side when they had ample opportunity to leave the system."

"Exactly," he shrugged and wandered off in search of the two women. "Only the paranoid survive vod'ika."

---------

Mirdala reached the Oyubaat with no incident and tiredly trudged up the stairs to her and Kandor's room. It didn't surprise her in the least to find him working his way through the reports from the day's engagements, a half-eaten bowl of food on the table beside him as he'd resumed wearing his helmet since it gave him the ability to process more data than simply looking at a datapad alone.

Sitting down her gear and her own helmet, she crossed the room and lifted the helmet off of his head to kiss him. As she pulled back the kiss, her eyes glanced to the bowl on the table a wry grin playing across her face. "I'll take the victory that it's not ration cubes," she smiled and began checking over her gear and staging it so she'd be ready when it was their turn to fight again.

"So...Darkfire isn't the only Force talent we have in our camps it seems. I noted that you moved the Vevuts to the northern border, planning on keeping a close eye on them as well?"

fMZZcER.png

((Co-written.))

Kandor looked up at his riduur as she entered and shrugged. “They seemed normal enough,” he said. “But we can’t afford to ignore any signs.” He couldn’t really fact-check their claim about having a farm not too far from Keldabe, of course, but if they were otherwise to what they claimed to be, he couldn’t see any evidence.

“The girls are Force-sensitive? Did you get a decent read on them?”

Mirdala pursed her lips. “It would have been really hard to get a true reading on them without giving away my own abilities in the process. At least I have some names I can track down.” She grabbed her datapad and opened a connection with 2277. “Could you please find out what you can about a Kalyani Wartide, Mellanie Dev, and Araac Vevut?”

“Wartide?” Fett asked with a frown. “I don’t suppose there would be any relation to Ronin Wartide?”

“I have no idea,” Mirdala shrugged. “Does ‘The Link’ mean anything to you cyar’ika? Kalyani mentioned it.”

He nodded. “Large entrepreneurial company, did some smuggling, own a huge Casino as well as the Kat Nargal Memorial Resort where the peace talks were held at the end of the war,” he said. “Ronin Wartide was involved with the Link, so Kalyani is almost certainly his daughter. Had multiple confrontations with them during my Black Sun days, and Marc worked with Ronin for a while, too. Not the most savory character -- big-time pirate.”

Kandor shrugged again. “Doesn’t necessarily mean Kalyani’s working with Ab’ki, but if she’s as mercenary as her buir, it’s possible.”

“True enough. I did wish you’d been able to be there. Mellanie is her sister and Araac’s almost-riduur. Different fathers, or simply trying to distance herself from the Wartide name?”

“Funny thing about that,” he said. “I was actually contracted by the Link to look into a scandal surrounding Zara Nargal, Wartide, and then-jetii Sabian Devanus.”

“The Supreme Chancellor for the GA is a former jetii?” Mirdala asked with some interest. “This just keeps getting more interesting all the time.”

Fett smiled. “If you can believe it, I’m the one that put that scar on his brow in that past life of his and in mine,” he said, thinking back to his fight with the man. The whole situation had been a disaster as soon as the Link had sent Ronin to the supposedly-diplomatic meeting with a Piccolo-led Black Sun. Fett hadn't gotten along with Ronin, but Piccolo had hated his guts. “In any case, my findings during the investigation certainly hint that Mellanie could be his daughter.”

“Small galaxy.” Mirdala said simply. “And here the two of them are standing up to fight in our war. Either way, it doesn’t matter.” She decided, climbing into bed. “I’ve got a way of keeping tabs on them, so it’s observation for now.” She keyed him into the signal of the trackers well hidden within the fake casings of the “repulsors” she’d built each of the girls. “Couldn’t take any chances once I found out.”

Kandor put down his datapad and released his plates so he could join her. “Never hurts to be cautious.”

He felt her familiar form settle against him and it wasn’t long before the two of them were asleep.

iTJBZId.png

A comm arrives for ShadowFett, earmarked urgent.

"This is an emergency message. This is Captain Ulys Kelvin of CoreSec. We would like to gather some information about a known associate of yours, Emily Zsahra-Skywalker. We believe she may have been abducted. Please respond as soon as possible."

Tl4A6Q9.png