Gala - Jedi Praxeum Ruins

Amidala Skywalker

Tirius listened intently to Kirlocca's explanation, and felt through the Force the truth of his words. What was especially interesting or useful to him was the possible use of actual verbally spoken words to help someone emerge from a trance. It would be like a sort of passcode to wake someone up from hibernation. Of course, one would have to make sure that they completely trusted the person responsible for speaking the phrase, or else one could never wake up. And obviously shorter trances were better in case the phrase were forgotten.

He made a mental note that the hibernation technique was one only to be used in extremely dire circumstances and only in the presence of ones he could trust. It was a big galaxy out there, and those conditions weren't guaranteed to ever coincide, but in the case that they did, it was good to know that the option was available.

Tirius surfaced again from his meditation, feeling confident that he could use the technique again whenever he needed to. He glanced at his chrono and was startled once again by the amount of time that had passed. He looked around himself at Roene and Kirlocca, but decided not to speak, but to wait, in case Roene had trouble mastering the techniques. He didn't want to disturb the other apprentice.

And so he took relaxing breaths and waited. He had the patience of someone much older than the brash young man he seemed when he had started his Jedi training. The strides he had taken in the last few months astounded him. It was like his whole life before had been spent living in a ten-foot prison cell and now he could roam the galaxy. He could do things with a thought that defied the laws of physics that he had studied in years of education, things that he had never thought possible.

And now he couldn't think of anything else he yearned to learn. He didn't think his training was complete, but he had hit all the basics. Now it was up to his Master to round him out as a person and tell him when he was ready to become a Jedi Knight.

Temple Gates

Adenna was dismayed when it appeared the bird alien didn't understand Basic. That would make things difficult. The alien tried to write some things down, but she didn't understand the entirety of the script. It was as though it was some mutilated version of Basic. She could identify a few letters, but there was no way she could pronounce the name, especially if it were an alien name.

The alien had drawn another symbol, one of what seemed to be the Temple behind them and a sort of rod or stick. She pondered what that could be before she realized it might be a lightsaber. That confused her, as she didn't know what the alien was asking. "Yes, there are lightsabers here, lots of them. The Jedi live here," she said slowly. She pointed to her own prized Jedi robes when she said the last sentence.

The last picture was of a circle. She didn't have any idea what that meant so she quickly gave up. Clearly the being believed that communication through the notepad was needed, but Adenna had no idea how to communicate with someone who didn't at least understand Basic. Everyone on her homeplanet spoke Basic and the spacers, those few that she had contact with, all spoke or at least understood it. Plus, whenever there was some being that didn't understand Basic, they usually had a droid nearby that could translate.

That last thought sparked an idea. The Jedi were far from droidless, in fact, she had seen more droids in the Temple than she had anywhere else. Surely a collective as broad and widespread as the Jedi would have encountered this problem before and had translator droids on record. With such a long history and access to so many planets and datacenters, they had to have whatever species this bird alien was on file.

"Hey," she said excitedly, "come with me!" She motioned for the bird alien to follow and turned back into the Temple.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Roene's mind began to wander, feeling the minds of those around him. It was a delicate gesture as he did from time to time and took little to no effort now that his practice of body seemed thoroughly exercised, but an interesting discovery begged Roene's attention before he sat down to enjoy Kirlocca's lesson.

A familiar presence, lured by the thought of training no doubt, was tumbling rather clumsily trying to catch an audience. Roene smirked slightly when the man had bonked himself rather soundly on an element of architecture that had been so clearly defined, but it wasn't his place to judge. The Cerean could be clumsy as well; it was an inherent nature that Roene felt in all things living.

Judging by the bald man's apt interest to learn and his persistence to view the practice session, Roene looked his direction with a smile.

I see you over there”¦ You can't hide from me. Come watch or partake in the lesson”¦

Roene verbalized lightly in the force before pushing the seat of his robe aside to sit on the ground as Tirius and Kirlocca did. Then, letting his arms slide lightly to his sides, brushing his legs as they went, he closed his eyes and let his body fall softly into the force as it had so many times before. The gravity of which seemed only more important as each journey delved deeper and deeper into its majestic waters. The Cerean could hear the Wookie Master's words as he too fell down what looked to be a translucent blue waterfall. The current of which, glowed a slight green. Roene was a little confused for a time as his consciousness had not quite evaporated from his floating ethereal form, but as the Cerean descended further, following the currents intently behind his former master, something intriguing began to happen.

The entirety of the Cerean's body had been revitalized in what seemed like an instant. His mind was clear and tempered; his body lacking sweat and fatigue; and although Roene hadn't complained before, his sore muscles seemed to evaporate from existence to be replaced with an enjoyable comfort. I could take as many lessons as I wanted with this, he thought to himself as all the quiet relaxing thoughts melted into his mind, massaging his strain and alleviating his binary brain to the point of the almost perfect sleeping environment. I could sleep like this too”¦

The trance continued as it was, soothing the Cerean's very bones, and through it all he could hear Kirlocca's familiar words, drifting upon bright flecks of energy as they passed. He could hear Tirius as well as he questioned the process of what Kirlocca was revealing as a hibernation trance, but Roene didn't feel like budging”¦ He enjoyed this feeling way too much to allow for a minor break between both trances. So, feeling the instructions and energy pulsing through him, garnered from the Wookie master, Roene felt as all of his earthly comfort and sanity washed from him. It wasn't as if his mind was debunked, merely”¦ Silent”¦

It was as if the entire world had gone silent. The Cerean was now falling further down the force's crashing cerulean rapids as his senses seemingly ceased to be. He could no longer see faded wisps around him and was forced to instead insinuate that they were still there, but he almost couldn't even do that. His body was in such a state that it could lay stagnant forever and although Roene thought this a very intriguing a well thought out technique for certain situations, the Cerean hadn't the foggiest notion of staying in it for very long.

He felt like a drowning person, as if he was forced to breathe the same air and never take another breath; to live upon nothing but the energy that surrounded him. The concept was great, but the feeling was intimidating at its best. He experienced his first of being blind, deaf and mute. These were crazy revelations into the inner psyche of those with disabilities, but it was not a desired situation now. Roene could feel through the force a slight tugging, but that was his only lure back to the known world.

Roene eventually couldn't stand the trance anymore, but it seemed his only faith lay on a small tugging loop of energy that rested on a proverbial rock in the completely white chasm like room he found himself entombed in. The Cerean's mind and body weren't fatigued now though and as such, he pulled the life line with great vigor, using the force as his pressure and ballast, knocking him back into the real world again. It became apparent that Kirlocca was the source of this ”˜life line' and as such Roene was very thankful.

Ok”¦ Probably not going to use that particular trance again, Roene thought as he slowly resurfaced, opening his eyes and getting up from the floor. He felt his muscles flex slightly under a renewed healthy vigor and smiled intently at his new found abilities. He could see the bald man in the corner of his vision again and flashed him a smile, being reminded of his friend from long ago who seemed to follow him wherever he went.

It seemed that the look upon Tirius' face was all Roene needed to let him know that the man was done with lessons for now, but Roene had only a few more things left to readily learn, in his mind, to have completed all the basic stepping stones. He still needed basic saber training and although he knew a great deal about body manipulation and telekinesis, his knowledge of healing, only recently garnered, needed some work. After all, how would one heal another?

”œMaster Kirlocca, I have been educated in most everything prudent for my rank”

NvFYuwm.png

Always the curious cat, Sebastian had allowed himself to wander into a situation that had left him both embarrassed and ashamed slightly. Although after a brief session of pacing back and forth, trying to decide whether or not he would simply slip out of the room. Unnoticed, of course. He decided he would stick around for a moment longer. He was showing one of his weaknesses, which had plagued him since early childhood. To put it plainly, he was an insecure soul”¦ never quite sure of anything and always hesitant to leapt into something feet first. It was a curse upon the man and one that he longed to rid himself of.

I see you over there”¦ You can't hide from me. Come watch or partake in the lesson”¦

The words crept through his mind, which forced a chill down Sebastian's spine. He still hadn't gotten used to having someone speaking directly to his mind, and the entire idea of it was still kind of”¦ weird.

Either way, the Cerean from earlier had recognized him and once again was showing him kindness. It was at this time that Sebastian began to realize that he was becoming fond of this particular being, not in a sexual way”¦ but just in friendship. Something that he'd experienced little of during his lifetime. So the Hopeful figured that he might as well make the best of the offer, and slowly he entered the room. The members of the Jedi that were training within, were all lost deep within the trance in which they had recently discovered.

Slowly, they rose from their hibernation and a few words were exchanged amongst the lot. Sebastian had decided to hold his tongue until everything that had needed to be voiced was out in the air. After Roene had said his part, the Hopeful figured that now was as good a time as any.

”œMaster Kirlocca? My name is Sebastian Laurence and I”¦ well honestly I didn't mean to disturb you all. If I did. I can be clumsy at times”¦ oh shoot”¦ look at me rambling on. Sebastian allowed himself to take a deep breath, lifting his right hand up to his face and began to massage his temples with his thumb and middle finger. After a short moment he passed his hand over his bald scalp and down to his neck where it stopped. ”œYou see”¦ the thing is. I need training”¦ and well honestly, I'm willing to do anything to get it.

TURTLES.jpg

This young girl struggled to read what Trushaun had written. But to no avail. There was no way to communicated. She needed someone to translate, but the only people she knew were the Caamasi and she had no idea how to get a-hold of them.

The girl nodded at the second notation. Trushaun recognized the word "Jedi." The human female also pointed to her robes. "This is a Jedi!" Trushaun thought. She smiled, at last she knew what this pace was for sure. Sadly she did not know what Trushaun meant by the last drawing.

Trushaun was getting heavy hearted and looked up. She needed to learn basic. The young Jedi spoke more of it then motioned for her to follow. Trushaun followed her up and into the Temple. This girl clearly had and idea. From the feeling the Fosh got when they walked up stairs, it was a good one.

Trushauncopy3.png

Kirlocca could feel both apprentices were done with their trance, and therefore, he pulled out himself. Slowly opening his eyes, he could feel out a new presence enter the room. Tirius seemed content, although, both Tirius and Roene held a thought process that suggested a longing to see their apprenticeship under Kitt to end with Knighthood. Roene was the one to vocalize it.

<< Yes Roene, it does take a lot out of you. Most healers reserve their own Force pool so that they can use it when it's needed. But do not fear, as you grow as a Jedi, so will your ability to use it with less of a toll upon yourself. And you do not need to focus upon training with a lightsaber. There are some Jedi, such as our Grandmaster that do not focus upon such a thing. True, you will need to know who to use one, as well as how to deflect and use the Force with it, it is not needed for one to become a Jedi Knight. >>

Kirlocca then slowly stood up and turned around to face the young Hopeful who identified himself as Sebastian Laurence. He looked like he had been through a lot recently. The thought even crossed his mind that this one the same person whom Roene had spoken of healing.

<< You have a strong heart young Sebastian, one that could prove to be most useful for you in years to come. >>

Kirlocca paused, reaching out with the Force to touch Sebastian to see who he was within the Force. It was a difficult thing to do, but since Kirlocca had many padawans before, he knew how to do such a thing. He then smiled after a few second passed. He could tell that Sebastian was nervous.

<< You do not need to fear young Sebastian. Your training will begin shortly. >>

Temple Entrance

Adenna was glad that the bird alien was following her and that she didn't need to try to convey the idea in more detail. The two of them didn't have to go far into the Temple, just inside was a sort of checkpoint desk for new visitors and to help screen out threats. "Hello," she said to one of the human males working there. "I am sorry to bother you, but I was hoping to find a translator droid. This being behind me does not appear to speak or understand Basic, so I was hoping to find a way to communicate with it and see if it needs any help."

"Of course," he said. "There should be a 3PO unit somewhere around here." He directed them toward a small side room where a 3PO unit was busy translating messages received over comms and transcribing them into text for the Jedi records.

When the droid saw the two of them enter, it stopped what it was doing and greeted them cheerfully. "Greetings, Mistress Jedi, I am J-3PO. How may I be of assistance?"

Adenna pointed to the bird alien and said, "My name is Adenna. J-3PO, this gentlebeing here approached me outside and clearly needs some help, but I do not know its language or even its species and it does not know Basic. Can you help us?"

"Certainly, I am fluent in over six million forms of communication. She is a Fosh, a rare species that does not often travel outside their own system, but I am aware of its language and would be happy to serve as a temporary translator for you. However, I must point out that my assigned duties are here so you will need to acquire another translator for long term communication."

"Thank you," Adenna said. So the species was a Fosh, and a female if she heard the droid correctly. "Ask her if she needs any help."

The droid responded in a flurry of birdlike toots and whistles. *Hello, I am J-3PO, translator droid for the Jedi Temple. I am delighted to be able to serve you as translator. Mistress Adenna here wishes to know if you desire any assistance.*

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

He watched her as she reflected; in turn reflecting on the visual cues he had taken of her silent reactions. When she spoke, he agreed with the sentiment, knew that was what he had been trying to say. He knew an animal close to death was a different subject than one who was attacking him, but he supposed his goal was to learn to dispatch the danger in such a foe, without dispatching the foe itself. He considered for a moment that this kind of skill would likely be more difficult than killing the foe outright.

”œI think that what you've said of the Force is what I will hope for””that it will show me the way. I have already learned to trust the idea of the Force, the faint tingling of it that comes to me on some occasions. I am compelled to believe that it is the guide”¦perhaps it is already speaking to me.”

Nishant2.png

"But beneath the courtesy...a deep reservoir of feeling."

*Hello, I am J-3PO, translator droid for the Jedi Temple. I am delighted to be able to serve you as translator. Mistress Adenna here wishes to know if you desire any assistance.*

This mechanical being perplexed Trushaun. What was this thing? It spoke Foshian, but was not a Fosh. Anyway it was a way to communicated. She whistled and cooed to the thing that spoke her verbage.

"I appreciate the assistance the Jedi Adenna? Has given me. My name is Trushaun. As you have identified I am Fosh. I was sent here by a Jedi, an older gentleman. I do not know his name. I cannot understand Basic, as you can obviously tell. I believe I can become a Jedi. I would like to try." She said to the droid.

Trushaun shifted un-easily. This was odd talking through a mechanical thing. She smiled, as this was the first time she had talked to someone in along time. Let alone in Fosh. Her heart was beating faster and faster. It pleased her immensely to talk in her native tongue again.

Trushauncopy3.png

Adenna watched in fascination at the conversation in bird language between the droid and the Fosh. After a few moments, J-3PO turned to her and said, "This particular Fosh's name can be translated most closely as Trushaun. She was contacted by a elderly Jedi who directed her here for the purpose of being trained as a Jedi. Trushaun has expressed an interest in doing this very thing."

So the Fosh wanted to become a Jedi. Adenna found it odd that such an odd looking alien would be a Jedi, but recalled the strange assortment of beings she had seen in Jedi robes in her very short time here. She thought it would be a good thing to have another Jedi join the Order. Maybe if there were more Jedi joining the Order, they would eventually be able to send scouts to places like Thalassia so people like her wouldn't have to wait until she was older to arrive here.

She knew that Trushaun needed help, but was torn on what to do. She knew she had a task from her teacher Dahar, but she also knew that Jedi were supposed to help people and Trushaun needed help. She could try to find another Jedi who knew how to help and have them get involved. As much as she didn't like that idea, she liked the idea of failing her teacher even less.

Even then, she didn't know what to do, but she did remember a Jedi named Kitt who had let her into the Temple. He seemed to know what he was doing and had authority within the Order itself. If he had the compassion to help her out, surely he would be compassionate on Trushaun.

"Tell Trushaun that we need to go find another Jedi named Kitt," said Adenna. "He has authority and can help her become a Jedi just like he helped me. He might also have the ability to find out a way to work around the language difficulty, maybe get her a personal translator droid or something."

J-3PO did as he was instructed and translated what Adenna said.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

The droid began the process of removing Neruu from the cloning tank. Neruu's mind was first part to awaken from the slumber of death. Dazed and confused by sudden inability to feel force or move his body. He could feel like he was in some kind of tank or something with fluid. His body felt like needles as feeling came to it and first thing he did was open his eyes. Where was he what had happened but no time for that as the force came flowing back into his body. The pain from sudden shock of force returning all the sudden caused him to thrash about in the tank. The droid quickly went to activate something to pump him full of sedative. He punched the tank and blasted it open with a force push also knocking the droid into wall. He quickly slumped to knees then fell flat on his face as the sedative took full effect. The medical droids checked Neruus vitals then moved him onto a medical bed and dressed him in basic jedi padawan clothing.

Neruu drifted his eyes open then tried to jolt up but was secured down to the medical bed. After some observation the medical droids released him. Neruu walked out the door shutting behind him. Staring down at his left hand as he walked he tried to remember what happened. He got out of ship into hanger when he had witness a boarding party. His memory's were just so full of holes he sighed. What had happened had he been injured severely. Neruu continued down the hall slowly.

Emily nodded. "Indeed, the Jedi have their share of less flattering stories, as you put it. But I'm sure the many good stories outweigh the bad." She had no idea what had made her say that. Perhaps it was just lingering memories of her uncle Andon and his wife Jaina, or perhaps it was just that she suddenly found herself wanting to make a good impression on this young man before her.

At Nishant's suggestion, Emily nodded again. "Sure, that sounds nice. Let me clean up my stuff." She rose and deposited the remains of her dinner in the garbage receptacle, then rejoined the other hopeful. "Shall we walk?"

Emily%202015_zps34rpkjob.jpg

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

"Kitt? Let us find Kitt then." Trushaun smiled and followed Adenna into the temple in search of this Jedi.

Her blood rushed and her tattoos burned white as the two went into the temple. Finally her life was going to mean something, she was going to accomplish something.

"Wait. You are no Jedi yet, we have to wait for Kitt. Whomever it, she, he, they maybe." Trushaun thought.

"Kitt." Trushaun tried to copy, in basic, the words the droid said as the two ran off.

((OOC: posting sparcley until monday. got class all weekend. will try to get energy to post a better essay or w/e lol))

Trushauncopy3.png

Entrance to the Temple

Adenna led Trushaun out of the room and back into the main entrance of the Temple. She had no idea where to find Kitt and knew it would be next to impossible to try to find him by looking on their own. Instead, she went back to the same man who helped her earlier.

"We are looking for a Jedi named Kitt," she explained. "Have you ever heard of him?"

The man chuckled at her, "Do you mean Grandmaster Kitt?"

Adenna had known the man who greeted her had some authority, but she didn't know he was that powerful. Even she knew that the grandmaster of the Jedi was the highest ranked among them, the leader of the order. Her cheeks turned a little red in embarrassment as she replied timidly, "I think that is the man we are looking for. We think he can help us, but don't know where to find him."

"For a Jedi, you don't seem to know too much about things around here," he said. There was no reproach in his tone, but rather a little amusement.

"No, I don't, I haven't been here very long at all. I am sorry, but I am trying to learn."

"Do not worry about it. Everyone starts out small and must learn. To answer your question, you can probably find him near the Council Chambers at the top of the Temple," he explained. "If he isn't near there, he may be in a meeting elsewhere or away tending to his various duties. As the grandmaster, he is pretty busy."

"How do we get to the Council Chambers?" Adenna asked. Another thought occurred to her, "Will they even let us in?"

"I doubt they will let you in, but you can wait outside in the public area. Jedi Masters tend to be very good at sensing when people are waiting for them and will come out when they have time. You can get to the Chambers by going down the main hallway as far as you can until you reach the back of the Temple."

Adenna gave a little bow like she had seen some of the other Jedi do, "Thank you for your help."

She motioned for Trushaun to follow her and started off on their way to the Council Chambers. They walked through the wide hallway for several minutes as they worked their way to the Council Chambers. Adenna was just beginning to think they got lost when they reached a part of the hallway where the ceiling was covered in various crystalline stones. It was definitely worth looking at and seemed to draw them further along their path.

At last, they reached a reception room of sorts that Adenna felt had to be the Council Chambers themselves. She didn't try to enter past those outer doors, but instead turned and said to Trushaun, "I know you can't understand me, but I am going to talk anyway just to help me feel a little better. Hopefully, the Grandmaster can or has a droid to translate for you. If he can't help you, I don't know who can."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Perhaps they do”¦we will see, in time, I think.

Nishant watched her get up and deposit her trash, followed her movement with an intrigued eye. He watched the very way her muscles glided over one another, saw traces of the confidence she displayed in conversation imbedded in her physical presence. It was something he often did, but for whatever reason he found himself particularly interested here. When she joined him he stood lightly, slid his chair beneath the table, and fell in step beside her.

As they passed into the hallway beyond the mess hall, he abruptly said, ”œI'm not fond of chairs.”

Nishant2.png

"But beneath the courtesy...a deep reservoir of feeling."

Kitt shut off the holoprojector within the Council Chamber. He allowed for himself to fall back in his chair on contemplate on what had just transpired. He had allowed for someone to come into the Temple and train under a Jedi, a person would would not follow the code. It was a bold move, and one that he hoped would end up paying off in the end. It's my belief that all Force users should have access to training, no matter where or how it comes. I will not back away from that belief. He had only hoped that the rest of the Jedi would see it the same way.

Lifting his head, Kitt could sense others outside of the Council Chamber waiting for something. Changing his slouch position within the chair, he sat erect again and used the Force to open the door for those who were outside, allowing for them to enter. Even before he did, he could sense that both were young hopefuls. He placed his hands upon his chairs arm rest and waited for the two to enter and speak.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

Emily was startled at his sudden announcement about chairs, but laughed. "I don't suppose I've ever thought about them, but you're right. They are very stiff normally. I have sat in ones that contour themselves to the shape of your body, so they are very comfortable, but I think those are the top-of-the-line expensive ones."

They walked aimicably towards the gardens. Emily had the distinct impression that Nishant was watching her out of the corner of his eyes. Normally, that would bother her, but in this case, she felt strangely flattered. No one, not even her old master, had ever paid this close attention to her, much less a stalwart young man her own age. She didn't really know how to respond.

When Nishant's question came, then, she looked over at him and smiled. "I don't mind you asking at all. The answer is yes, my eyes have always been this way. Sometimes I wished they were the same color, but most times I like that they make me a little more distinct from others in the galaxy. My father had eyes just like mine. However, I don't think his were natural. I do remember my mother telling me once that she had been very surprised that I had inherited it from him. She mentioned something about the Force being involved in changing my father's eyes, but I didn't understand much more."

She suddenly realized she was rambling. She blushed a little and grasped for another topic. "So why are you so interested in seeing the gardens? I mean, I've only ever seen one garden in my entire life, and that was a dying mess of brown, so perhaps I just don't know about gardens." Her tone invited him warmly to take up the topic or choose one more to his liking if he so wanted.

Emily%202015_zps34rpkjob.jpg

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

Relief. This was a feeling that the young miner hadn't experienced in quite sometime. In fact, Sebastian couldn't remember the last time that the emotion had encompassed him and he reveled within the solitude that it brought him. All of this was brought on by the simple manifestations that the Wookiee had placed within his mind. The words that had been placed into his mind were ones of comfort”¦ spoken from a true Jedi. Somehow, they were just more soothing than Roene's”¦

Perhaps it has something to do with their abilities”¦ maybe the Master is just able to access the mind easier”¦ hmmm. I'll have to ask about that later.

This was the prominent thought that lingered around; the others that occupied his mind weren't as prevalent. He had taken to the idea that his strong heart would serve him well, his mother had always told him that his heart was the greatest gift that he possessed. The pleasant memory of his mother had brought forth an unexpected smile, further proof of just how little stress Sebastian was under currently. Then, there was the other comment”¦ one that quickly wiped away the grin and turned his face slipped back into the concentrated mask that he was so accustomed to wearing. After all, one had to place one hundred percent of their focus into their work within the mine”¦ cortosis mining isn't a simple task.

The nervousness had begun to fade, replaced by the flooding of adrenaline into his system”¦ anticipation now hung at the back of his mind. Drawing the moisture from his mouth and shriveling his esophagus. He'd come here to learn the ways of the Jedi, and seconds prior the very words he'd been longing to hear had been mentioned. His training would commence shortly and Sebastian was ready. His body had been honed over the years within the mines chipping away at the cortosis veins. The thundering jackhammer against the nearly indestructible mineral required a handler with a few critical characteristics.

They have to be strong; which Sebastian clearly was upon first glance. His hulking mass of muscle was obvious even beneath the veil of his robes. The human wasn't tall by any means, but his stocky frame was one that couldn't be underestimated”¦ often described as a rancor among men.

Another trait that a miner must possess excellent stamina, because working the mines wasn't a job”¦ it was a necessity. The wages were shit and the expenses were outrageous, no matter how much time you put into the mine mattered little. One way or another you were still losing more than you were gaining”¦ the mining company made sure of that. That is why stamina is key”¦ if you couldn't keep up the jackhammer constantly working that vein, than someone else would step in and claim it.

The final characteristic that is required of someone working the mines is simple and yet unexpected within such a hostile environment. Patience. This is something that is required for the greatest of miners”¦ because only the patience will truly accomplish anything against the unrelenting cortosis. The ones that got frustrated easily or just couldn't handle the strain of the job”¦ simply didn't last long.

These things were all things that would enable Sebastian to become one of the great Jedi Masters that stories are based around. All of these will prove to benefit him greatly during his training”¦ because his body and mind have already been connected for so long. The only thing that he needed to learn now what how to connect them to the Force.

”œMaster Jedi”¦I look forward to the training, but might I ask you for your name?

Edited by Guest
TURTLES.jpg

Council Chambers

Unexpectedly, the doors to the Council Chambers opened on their own as if beckoning for them to enter. Nobody came out and she couldn't see the crowd of individuals she expected to be there during a meeting. Adenna had expected someone to come out and address them outside of the Chambers, but apparently, whoever was inside was willing to let them come in.

Suddenly, despite her happiness at being accepted as a Jedi, Adenna was nervous. Earlier, she hadn't known who she was speaking to, but now that she did, she was almost afraid. This was a man who had the ability to throw her out of the Jedi in a heartbeat. He was a busy, busy man who had far more important things to deal with than her trivial needs. She almost turned and took Trushaun to flee and find some other Jedi, maybe a Knight or someone lower ranked, that would handle things.

But she was in far too deep now. She had made a decision to help the Fosh, she had laid out their course, and now she had to see it through. If she turned away now, Trushaun wouldn't know what was happening and would be confused. She had no choice but to step through the doors and into the presence of the leader of the Jedi.

And so she did. With hesitant steps, she led Trushaun into the meeting place of the leaders of the Jedi Order. She didn't know how often someone of her low stature was able to come here. Just in case she was never able to come back, she wanted to remember what this place looked like.

There was only a single person in the Chambers. She quickly recognized him as Kitt, the grandmaster. It would probably be best not to waste his time, so she spoke as soon as they were within tolerable speaking range. "Grandmaster Kitt, sir, I am Adenna," she said in a timid voice. "You let me into the Temple for training earlier, but that isn't why I came. I came upon this Fosh, Trushaun, who is wanting to be trained. She doesn't speak or understand Basic, though, so I tried to help her by taking her to a translator droid. I didn't know what else to do or who could help her, so I asked for you.

"I am sorry sir, I didn't know that you were so important otherwise I wouldn't have asked for you, but I had nobody else to go to."

Well, she could have tried to go to Dahar, but he had sent her out with a task that she had allowed herself to become distracted from. She didn't want to face him just yet, and hoped that perhaps she could help Trushaun and quickly go out and fulfill her task so that she could return to him. So it wasn't a lie that she couldn't go to anyone else, not exactly anyway.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kirlocca was amused for the young Hopeful. He truly seemed to be out of place, and the sight of a Wookiee, one who is a Jedi Master, could certainly bring forth a double take, even in the mind. He was friendly, as were most of the Hopefuls that now walked around the Temple. Kitt sure knows how to pick them. Lowering his head in respect for the young man, Kirlocca spoke as gently as a Wookiee could.

<< I am Jedi Master Kirlocca. I will be your Jedi trainer, as well as everyone else's. >>

It was true, Kirlocca had been given the assignment to work with the Hopefuls as he did some odd years ago. He would now do so again, and this time, hopefully have the same results as before.

Kitt smiled at the sight of both of them. She, being Adenna, was nervous as well as in some form of hurry. The other, was what brought her here. Kitt took a long moment to study the Fosh. After a few seconds passed by of silence between all three, he finally spoke.

"Adenna, you are friendly and wise at a very young age. As a Jedi, it is our responsibility to render aid when we can, and with such aid and following the Jedi Code, which you shall learn very soon, will demand that follow it will require a great deal of patience. I trust that you will have no problem handling this situation."

Kitt turned his attention towards the Fosh. As he did, he focused himself through the Force and spoke words within the Fosh's mind.

"Young one, you will find the ability to connect with others. Focus your thoughts within your mind towards the person that you wish to speak the words to, and then you shall find a way to communicate."

Kitt continued to sit in his chair the whole time as they were in the room. While Adenna may feel like the he just ignored her, or was mean, it would end up helping her to learn more about the Jedi ways and build up an understanding and respect for other life forms. It was also his job as the Grandmaster to make sure that all Jedi followed the Code as best as they could.

He also then quietly sent a Force message to both of his padawans, requesting them in the Jedi Council Chambers. He now had developed a few tasks for them to accomplish in order to take the next step in their Jedi training.

Tirius turned his attention on the hopeful, Sebastian. "Welcome to the Jedi Temple, Sebastian," he said. "I've been training for about six months now. It's been tough at times, but I'm sure the rewards will be worth it."

Yes, Tirius Giovanni still very much wanted to become a Jedi Knight. It was what he had set out to do, and it was now an achievable goal. Some people wandered through their lives, never really knowing what they were meant to do. Some changed the focus of their education several times in just a few years, struggling to find the right fit. Tirius was blessed to have encountered no such troubles--he had chosen business at first, and done well in that. And now he was studying to become a Jedi, and it was going even better. No second thoughts, no hesitation.

Adenna was confused at what the grandmaster had said. She didn't know what to do or what he wanted her to do. There were so many things she didn't even know about the Jedi and this Temple, so if he intended on her knowing how to help Trushaun, she had no idea how to do that.

"With all respect, Grandmaster," she said quietly, "I do not know how to help Trushaun. That is why I came to you, because I know of nobody else with the ability to help. Do I go to other Jedi, or to a specific area? Are you allowing Trushaun to train as a Jedi? Where do I take her? Whom do I speak to? What authority do I have here, since I am so new to the Order?

"I do not mean to be impertinent, sir, but I honestly do not know what to do." She dearly hoped he would not be angry with her. She was so new and could barely navigate this Temple, much less know what to do to help a newcomer.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

A smiled seemed to grow upon Kitt's face as he spoke with the two young Hopefuls. He could hardly wait to see what Kirlocca would do with most of them.

"Yes, she will and has been accepted into our Order. Soon, her path, much like yours will become very clear as the Force will slowly and surely show you the way."

Kitt thought upon the best way for Adenna to deal with the Fosh, whom Kitt only now realized that he did not get her name.

"Listen to my words Adenna, and remember them for the future. Your instincts are valuable assets. Trust them, as you did to bring you here. Once you do that, I am sure that the Force will show itself to you, and in turn, you will learn to trust in it. That is all I will say upon the matter."

As he finished speaking, Kitt reached out and touched Kirlocca's mind, sending him a private message. Kirlocca, now is the time for to call your first class.

Kirlocca felt the words penetrate his mind as Kitt spoke them from somewhere else. With an acknowledgement that wouldn't be received, as the Grandmaster seemed to involved with something else. Kirlocca showed his fangs in a Wookiee style smile to Sebastian, and then bowed to the rest of the group that was present in front of him, and then he excused himself. On his way out, he placed a welcoming paw upon Sebastian's shoulder and then made his way towards the auditorium.

The Jedi Master slowly made his way through the Temple halls towards the grand auditorium, the very place he first gathered his first class of Hopefuls, and now he would return for another class. Strangely, they weren't Younglings, as most of them were older then that age group. No, they would be much like his first class and be Hopefuls as well. He would teach them regardless. As he arrived, he found a place to make a Temple wide announcement and prepared to call all of the Hopefuls who do not have a Master to the auditorium. He pulled out the speaker system and began.

"All Hopefuls who have not been assigned a Master should report to the Grand Auditorium for a general session. For those who may not know if they fall under such a category of a Hopeful should report anyways. Again, please report to the Grand Auditorium for a general session."

After he put away the speaker system, Kirlocca stood on the very small platform and looked out at all of the seats that would soon be filled, or at least the first few rows would be. As he waited, he pondered upon what Clan name they all should be given... Kybuck seems like a good fit.

Before Sebastian could respond to his statement, Tirius glanced over his shoulder in the general direction of the council chambers. Master Fitt had called for his presence, and he decided he wouldn't keep him waiting if he could help it. "Excuse me," he said to the hopeful he had been addressing, then soundlessly slipped away from the conversation and towards Kitt's bright presence in the Force. He had learned to know that presence quite well since he had met Kitt back on Tython, a feat probably made easier by Kitt's clear strength and devotion to Ashla.

Presently Tirius slipped into the council chamber and approached Kitt at a brisk pace. He figured he was about to get another task, and he made a mental note to actually slow down and rest for a few hours the next time he was actually between assignments. I'm doing well enough for now, he decided. A bit thirsty, maybe, but the Force had a way of refreshing him so that he could carry on infinitely, especially if he used the healing trance he had so easily picked up.

"Yes, Master?" he said as he arrived.

The halls were bustling with activity in all directions, some people huddled together as they walked across the corridors telling each other of tales and reminding one another of their new way of life. Krodan had only arrived a couple days ago, so he wasn't familiar with many and was still coming to grips with the sudden change of his lifestyle. Going from serving his people to serving something much more than him, perhaps that's why his family had not been able to understand his choice and he still wasn't able to understand either.

Krodan then stopped as he heard a voice from one of the intercoms, it was calling everyone who was a hopeful to come to the auditorium. He saw a shift in the traffic in the corridor he was in, people who he assumed were like him began heading in the direction that he should be flowing toward. Turning on his heels he merged into the stream of individuals guiding him toward his destination, he kept quiet as he felt a bit older than the rest of the hopefuls around him. It had come to no surprise to him that he hadn't been chosen, perhaps it was because too short of a period of time had passed but he was skeptical at being brought before someone to train. He was a bit older and based on those around him, some were young and perhaps were easier to shape.

Moving quickly behind a group into the auditorium, Krodan took a seat toward the center of the room, not too far back but not too close was his way. People filled the room and seats were being taken quickly so he was glad he had gotten here in time before the most likely place to find a seat was right in the front.

Kirlocca. The name was tossed around several times within his mind, it sounded familiar. After all who wouldn't expect would to travel throughout the Republic about a Wookiee Jedi. Though, there was still little about the Master Jedi that he knew. Either way, Sebastian's interest was peaked when training was once again mentioned. The sensation of the anticipation was tremendous”¦ he eagerness was nearly overwhelming him.

Turning his attention back to the Kiffar with whom he'd approached moments prior. The words that were spoken by this man were relatable, or at least expected them to be in the near future. As he tried to piece together a response that wouldn't leave him looking foolish, as this was something that Sebastian regularly did. He always bothered himself with what people thought of him. Though, before he could actually formulate the sentence Trinius excused himself and left.

It was as if something had happened that Sebastian could see”¦ or sense. Because seemingly at the nearly exact moment that Trinius had departed Kirlocca had approached and placed a paw upon his shoulder. Allowing his head to turn and his brown eyes to fall upon the furry paw on his shoulder, he was surprised by what he realized. It was then that Sebastian saw himself as the hulking being that he was, because the rather large fur-ball didn't overwhelm him.

As the Wookiee made his way out of the Training room, Sebastian didn't hesitate to fall into procession behind the Jedi Master. Training and been offered and the Hopeful had every intention of being there when Kirlocca was ready to teach. Their journey was a quiet one, neither choosing to speak though there reasons were different. The bald man was sure that his Master was probably deep in thought, as something of importance was happening”¦ perhaps their training was starting soon.

It wasn't until they reached the auditorium and the announcement was given over the loudspeaker. Sebastian wasted little time finding his seat and by now his choice should have been an obvious one. Front and center.

Finally”¦

TURTLES.jpg

Kitt stood out of his chair and gave a small smile to the Fosh and Adenna, and as he did, Kirlocca's intercom for all Hopefuls went off. He knew that Adenna would take that as a place to take the Fosh, as Kirlocca was well versed in understanding other languages, even those that he never heard before. He waved both Roene and Tirius towards him on the other end of the Council Chambers.

"You both have gone through much, but even now you can understand that a Jedi life is one full of work and service. As our time together draws to a close, tasks will be given that you each will end up facing alone. These tasks will end up being elements of your trials. Treat them with the highest respect, and in turn they will teach you your final lessons that I could impart to you both."

Kitt made sure to leave it as if he held tasks for them. He did, but he wanted them to seek to ask for them, as opposed for him just handing them out.