Gala - Jedi Praxeum Ruins

Amidala Skywalker

Kirlocca instantly took note of Tirius wise words that he spoke. True, Kirlocca was well known for his lightsaber skills, some would even argue that he was the best within the Jedi Order. Yet, for all of his skills, lightsaber skills were not always the best a Jedi could teach. And even now, he could sense within the young Jedi, he was tired. His Force energy said it all.

<< Wise words. Something you must have picked up from your Master. Clearly, you are tired. It can be felt within the Force. Perhaps maybe, there is something else you would prefer to do? >>

Kirlocca turned his head, and wondered why Roene was so quiet. He was like that when Kirlocca taught him so many years back. Some how, he thought that under Kitt, he would have become more active in voicing his opinion, but then again, very few Jedi changed under an apprenticeship. Roene would always be Roene.

Tirius shrugged. "Yes, I am tired, but this is hardly the first time I've trained myself physically," he explained. "My stamina will hold out."

He then considered some of the things he had learned already and some things Kitt had not yet taught him. He was getting confident in lightsaber combat, he had mastered telekinesis, and Ataru had taught him as much about how the Force could enhance his movements as how to weild the lightsaber. He was already good at shielding his mind to block out Sith, and he had used the Force during meditation to see the past, the present, and the future alike. He could already perform the infamous Jedi persuasion-related techniques, as well. Really what he still needed was some of the more esoteric stuff that, once filled out, would make him into the sort of well-rounded person a Jedi needed to be to handle every sort of field work they could come across.

"There are a few things I've read about that I would like to learn," he said at last. "I have not learned about healing. I read that many Jedi can enter a healing trance or, in dire situations, a hibernation trance that lets them survive without air or heat for a time. I imagine these techniques are related--can you teach them to me?"

Yes, these could be very useful, especially if he found himself in particularly dangerous situations.

His scrutiny was a bit unnerving, but Emily wasn't intimidated. In fact, she found him rather refreshing, and not really like how she expected a Jedi to be. She wondered if that was simply because he hadn't recieved any training yet. That must be it, she thought. He's nothing like that Master Fitt.

She pondered his question. "Well I must admit to some bias on my part. The reason I'm here is to learn about the Jedi side of this issue. As it is, I only know the Sith way. My..." she hesitated, "my old master told me that the Jedi are constantly attacking Sith bases and academies, solely on the belief that they are doing good by destroying us--I mean, the Sith. It does seem like that to me, as I ponder the events of the galaxy. The Sith believe in justice for crimes committed by the Jedi against them, so it becomes a vast cycle of attacking and counterattacking. Rather pointless if you ask me, but I suppose it does have some merit."

She paused. "Now recently I was speaking with an emissary of another powerful Sith Master, and he told me that his master's view was that the galaxy is destroying itself, and that chaos is a way of natural selection. This Sith believes it is his duty to help the chaos resolve itself, let the galaxy finish it's selection so that it can end quicker over all. More violent now, but for a shorter period of time. At least," she apologized, "that was what I got out of the conversation.

"Personally, I'm trying to keep an open mind. It was the wish of my parents--" She suddenly broke off. It had not been her intention to speak of them. Her mouth had gotten her carried away again. She mentally cursed herself. That was one container of womprats that she did not care to open right now. "It's my wish that I study both sides thoroughly before making a decision on which 'path' I'm going to follow for the rest of my life."

She met his scrutinous gaze without shame, but if she had seen the look on her face she might have described it as defiant or rebellious. She wore an attitude that declared to the galaxy that she didn't care what she thought of it, but if someone broke through her tough outer layer, they would find an insecure, lonely woman who didn't yet know her place in the universe. Not that she would ever admit it; she didn't even realize that that was who she was deep down. She had never really bothered to look. That was one thing that had stuck from her time with the Sith; too much introspection could be weakness, and she would not ever be considered weak.

Emily%202015_zps34rpkjob.jpg

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

He waited till the end, as he always did, letting his thoughts play themselves out in the space of his mind. He gave them as much room as he could with such a limited amount of time, watched his prejudices flash by at certain words of hers, felt himself smile softly at others, and when it was done he did what he had been taught to do, what felt right to him; he let them go with a breath that rippled like the restful waters of Naboo, folding up onto the soft white sand like a cool blanket. His eyes were resting, in what might have appeared to be an absent manner, somewhere near her chin, the throat, the lowest bit of her lip. It did not take any time at all to come to an appropriate place to respond.

”œI also believe it to be a pointless cycle. I was taught to believe in balance, in a universal balance, but there are different perspectives on what that balance actually consists of. Sometimes I wonder if that balance has to include violence, as a cosmic rule. I wonder if I will ever truly understand this”¦but as it is now, I do not believe that a cosmic balance prohibits change, or passive circumstances, and I would like to alter the course of things, if I could ever be such an influence.”

Nishant2.png

"But beneath the courtesy...a deep reservoir of feeling."

A jedi appeared outside of the room next to him. It was the force signature he felt earlier with the wookie master. Clearly his force abilities were out of whack.

"I guess I was at the wrong room. Side effect of not being in tune with the force in some time. Long story. Any ways, I would enter the room however I am waiting for the Grand master to allow me entrance. I was hoping to see Aremina and Aryian so they could catch me up and bring me up to speed."

Looking at the jedi, it was clear by his presence he was a master. A different view of a jedi. Damon in his rags with his long grey hair and beard seemed out of place.

"I'm sorry master jedi. My senses are not as sharp as they once were neither is my memory. It seems my manners are just as bad. I am Damon. Formerly a jedi master. May I ask who you are sir?

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

A smile came to Kitt's face as he suddenly became fully aware of who was standing before him. Damon is a Jedi Master, or formerly. Kitt thought him to be the greatest Jedi that the Order ever had. He extended his hand to shake Damon's hand.

"Damon Yue, I know you very well by reputation. I am Jedi Master Kitt Fitt, and Councilmen for the Jedi Order. I may be able to help fill you in on things."

Kitt had decided to opt out the fact that he was the Grandmaster, as he felt a certain humility should also come with the role. It's just a title anyways. And what I said was true... Kitt accessed the door to the Council Chamber and then slowly entered in. As he walked in, he hesitated near the Grandmaster seat and then instead took another right next to it. There were a total of five chairs in the Chamber, yet Kitt had only remembered there being four at most to ever sit on the Council, unless he went back to the Coruscant days of the Jedi Order. He sat down and lifted his hand to the chair next to him for Damon to sit.

"Sit, and allow for me to bring you up to speed."

Kitt looked at Damon with his intense eyes. The former Jedi Master held much wisdom within his eyes, as well and years of experience, and the grey hair didn't even say that much about him. Kitt brought his own hand over his goatee and stroke it for a second as he thought best how to explain what had happened since Damon's last known sighting.

"Armiena and her apprentice have yet to come back from a mission. They and Master Scorp left to search out strange reports. However, all shall be returning soon enough; However, Aryian on the other hand... He is no longer with us. His body was taken away a few days ago right after his vitals crashed. Armiena has yet to even be informed of the event. He died of some sort of rare disease I believe."

Kitt kept his posture, knowing full well that Aryian was a great Jedi Master, one whom even Kirlocca was friends with. In fact, Kirlocca wasn't even informed of the loss. It was soon be a dark day for the Jedi knowing that they lost one of their best.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

((Sorry for the delay))

Roene had been silent for the most part of his spectator-ship. He enjoyed watching Tirius go about his feverish light saber training and although the Cerean managed to pick up a few things from his movements in and out of the force, the Cerean had no real basic form to work off of. Not to mention the fact that although he could wield a single bladed light saber, it felt like an uncomfortable weight. Although the balance of the weapon itself was non-existent and Roene had learned to predict certain things when it came to good saber habits within the force, the light saber felt like a tool not a weapon. He knew it would come in handy when scrapes were needed, but overall offense should take a characteristic second seat to diplomacy.

He picked up a training saber idly and had been messing with it in his organic right hand and trying moves with his metal left hand (arm) as well, but suspiciously so, his left arm was cold and unpredictable within the force's keen field of energy. Roene knew his arm was there and he could feel it, but the metal of his arm didn't healthily resonate in the force with him as much as his right one did and he couldn't control it as he could with his right. This was slightly surprising, given that Roene had trained with a training saber before, against a rather large stone golem; it seemed inconvenient to just rely on one hand. Granted, his dominant hand was his right, but if he felt more inclined to use solely his right arm in combat, it showed -glaringly so - that this proviso may prove a strong source of attack, but wouldn't help him when it came to blocking other sabers or defensive strategies.

Roene was tired; he could feel it streaming through his movements that his mental attempts at diagnosing the man from earlier had been a huge wane on his abilities, causing his focus to hamper even more under added weight. He instead relied on the kasha crystals aiding focus capacities in his stead and let his mind relax. He could still feel the sensations and learn of their implementation but the kasha crystal helped to keep his consciousness reined in.

It seemed that Kitt's time with the group was over and although Roene was slighted to see his master leave, he could feel his intentions were pure and was glad to lay eyes on an old friend again.

After Tirius and Kitt got their chance to respond and talk with the Wookie master, Roene finally got up the courage to hug his old master. It had been some time since he'd seen him and although that was back when Aira was a padawan and Reptilia didn't know the ignited end of a light saber from its hilt... and Galen...

Thoughts of his former companion spread through Roene mournfully, but somewhere he could feel his Kushiban friend, alive... Maybe ... one day...

Roene came from his hug with Kirlocca full of smiles and although Tirius' response still hung in the air, Roene wanted to add to it. It took him a few moments to compose himself, but the Cerean chimed in...

"I too wish to learn how to heal and these techniques by which you speak sound valuable to learn as well, if you will permit me to learn these techniques with you? Also, if it is not too much trouble... I would like to learn the basic light saber form. I think it is called... Shii something? Shii Cho?" asked Roene sheepishly from a slight distance. "I am tired, but it is a fatigue of the mind that clouds me, not of the body, I should be good for a few lessons if that is what we are indeed talking about..."

NvFYuwm.png

Kirlocca was glad to have Roene hug him, as it was a personal display that very few Jedi should these days. It was a slow acknowledgement of what both want to learn. A healing trance was based out of a basic trance, and it was the only form of healing that Kirlocca knew.

<< You both have a good point to learn it. I myself am not known for my healing abilities, but the healing trance is based out of the basic trance. Through it, one can use the trance for a great many things. >>

Kirlocca sat down, a movement that seem awkward for most to witness apparently. As he did, he closed his eyes, allowing for the Force to begin flowing through him. While he was sure that neither of them really needed to be healed, the basic idea should come across. Roene and Tirius both had stated that they were fatigued in some form, and Kirlocca had promised the medical droid that he would spend some time healing himself through the healing trance.

<< The basic idea of a healing trance stems forth from falling in the currents of the Force, and it's natural flow. By becoming so submerged into its currents, one could bring forth a state of body that could regenerate, heal, and even survive for long periods on the most extreme conditions. >>

Kirlocca himself began to find the healing side of the Force. One did not have to be attuned to it to feel it, or to submerge into it either. Simply be acknowledging it, or even finding its very small ripples and currents that flowed apart of the main flow of the Force, one could easily allow for it to take over, completely drowning one in it. The Wookiee did his best not to fall fully into it, as he wanted to make sure that he was still available mentally and physically for both apprentices.

Tirius sat down across from Kirlocca and a little off to the side so that Roene could join him. He heard the wookiee's brief explanation and simply nodded. If there was anything he had learned from Kitt, it was that the actual instruction part of Jedi training was insignificant next to the actual experience of submerging oneself in the Force and letting it teach you everything that you needed to know. In fact, Tirius imagined that someone with the proper knowledge of the vast array of Force techniques that were available could conceivably teach himself to become as well versed in them as many Jedi Knights were.

Now the young man slipped easily into meditation as he had been practicing for the last several days. Kirlocca had made it sound like what he was looking for was just an aspect of the Force. As he started to feel the currents around him, he began to search them, attempting to find a thread such as Kitt had taught him to do when trying to peer into the future. But the thread he was looking for was not a pathway across time, but a thread of healing energy.

And he found it. He knew that it was the right one because as soon as he touched it, his body and mind felt completely refreshed. His soreness was gone, the headache he had been developing forgotten. He felt like he had just gotten up on a beautiful spring morning, and would have thought that were truly the case had he not still been in the room with Kirlocca in the same sweat-stained clothes he had been wearing from an unhygenically long period of time.

He tried to dip into that current, and he found his very cells stimulated. He could almost experience their cell cycle as it sped up. This was the essence of healing--cell reproduction sponsoring tissue regeneration. But even as he dipped further into that current, he could feel his connection with the outside world waning. Right... it's called a trance because you become less aware. It was like the thread was buried so deep within himself that he had to retreat from the world, and watching his environment became as watching the sky from the bottom of a lake.

Tirius surfaced. "Interesting," he said. "I have discovered the healing trance. You say that hibernation is similar?"

Dahar sat under a tree waiting for his padawan. It was a beautiful day and he was enjoying the mild breeze that blew past his face. He stood as he saw Adenna coming towards him in her new robes. He smiled as he said "Very nice, quite fitting for a Jedi."

Dahar knelt down and scooped a hand full of dirt from the ground. He held out his hand. "There is an unseen energy in our universe. This energy, which we refer to as the force, is created by life." He moved closer to make sure Adenna could see the contents of his hand. Three small worms crawled through the dirt entering and exiting holes. "The force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Those who are able to hear and understand the will of the force are able to become conduits to it."

"The force is said to have two sides, a light and dark side. The Jedi are practitioners with the use of the light side of the force because they use the power of the force for the greater good of the galaxy. In contrast, the Sith are wielders of the dark side. This means they use the force for selfish or destructive gains." He paused briefly to make sure that Adenna understood.

He dropped the dirt back into the hole from where he previously dug it up and summoned a baseball size rock from the ground using the force. The rock hovered inches above the palm of his hand, rotating slowly. Dahar held it there for a moment and then shattered it into a thousand smaller pieces which fell at his feet. The small rock fragments were moving around on the ground, bumping into each other and trying to form a pile. Every time they seemed to form a mound they would collapse and disperse on the ground. Dahar repeated the exercise three times for his padawan to witness.

"What I have shown you is an example of how easy it is to destroy something. At the same time I showed how hard it is to create or recreate what has been destroyed. The essence of the dark side is the easy way. For a greater understanding and mastery over the force you have to learn to observe life."

"One of the key ways a Jedi can analyze the world around him is through meditation. To learn this process find a comfortable place and position to sit in. I prefer to sit one leg over the other with my palms in my lap, but you will find something that works for you. Close your eyes and defocus. Allow all your thoughts to slip away. All that will remain are the whispers of the force. You have been able to hear them before but now you will learn to listen to them."

"What I'd like you to do is seek out a quiet place where you can clear your mind. Might I suggest the forest that surrounds this temple. Go out and meditate on the force. Observe the world around you. When you have completed this task come find me and tell me what you have learned. I will be somewhere in the temple. Think of me and you will be able to find me. If not..." Dahar reached into his pocket and tossed a small wrist-piece to Adenna. "Give me a buzz. You will find that this commlink will also serve as a mini datapad. You should be able to access the temple's records with it."

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

"And who has the ability to judge?" Emily added to what Nishant was saying of Faust's words. "Perhaps he believes that his power is so great that he alone can make the decision of who is strong enough to survive, but I don't know if that level of power truly exists. Perhaps it is because I know little of the Force, but to me, only a being of supreme power should be able to take the galaxy in his hands like that and make decisions of life and death. Some would say that is the place for a god."

She offered a hint of a smile at his words. "Perhaps I'm won't have to choose my path, like you say." Her thoughts turned to his self-declared lack of willingness to destroy. She wondered why he felt that way. Anyone was capable, whether it was by killing or by destroying the person emotionally, and sometimes greatness could be gained through the act; or at least, great benefit for oneself and others.

As she pondered, she caught herself noticing the build of his body, the pleasant contrast of his dark hair and deep blue eyes, and the quiet intensity with which he held himself. She noticed that he was actually quite handsome. But what does that have to do with anything? she chided herself. Now you're going to be distracted during the rest of this conversation.

She spoke up, voicing her earlier questions. "May I ask why you're not willing to destroy? And define what you mean by destroy. Are your morals limited to killing? And if so, how you will cope with the deeds that are required by the Jedi? Jedi often have to kill people; it's part of the job."

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

Trushaun walked onto this new planet. She nodded at the pilot. He nodded back, he said something that she didn't understand. He shut the boarding door and left the planet.

Trushaun looked up at the planet she was on. She took a deep breath as she spun around slowly. The sun was bright, she could hear birds. A cool breeze ran through her robe. This planet was much better than that industrial planet she was abducted on. She wondered where she was.

There was a nice calming effect that this place had on her. She closed her eyes and took another deep breath. Time to explore. The first building that caught her eye was a giant temple building. There were no marks, but something called to her about this place.

She took a step forward then realized there were people looking at her. Not staring, just out of the corner of their eyes. No matter. She was used to it. Trushaun's species was actually considered extinct on the Galactic Database.

She snorted at that thought. "No matter."

She left the hanger and walked toward that Temple. The cold stone under her feet gave her a shock. Trushaun walked faster towards the temple. Something was calling to her as she walked up the stairs and into the building.

Trushauncopy3.png

The boy dropped from the cargo truck's undercarriage like some kind of forest parasite varmint, immediately scampering to the nearby safety of the shadows the buildings. After several moments of waiting and peeking around the corner, it appeared that nobody had spotted what he had done or where he had come from, so with a wry grin on his face due to his most recent accomplishment he left his hiding spot, walking around to the front stairs of the immense building.

So this is what one looks like...I finally made it. Misal can eat Bantha Poo Doo...

Aidan snickered to himself, finally a sense of solid individualism and freedom settling onto his shoulders, even though he knew he still wasn't home free yet. The old woman had so many tricks up her sleeve, it wasn't funny. Luckily, Aidan had learned fast. This was something he wanted, and he was tired of being moved from backwater planet to backwater planet with the old woman and the girl, and knew it was high time to do something for himself. He wanted to do something. So...he did it. And here he was.

Luckily, he managed to stow away on an old freighter inbound to Corellia, where he hopped stow to another ship in the same set of docks that was going to Coruscant, with a stop at Gala, or so one of the deckhands had been complaining about. Rather loudly, too, the chap wouldn't shut up about it the whole flight here. Aidan intended to go to Coruscant, but it was the same deckhand that kept complaining about the 'wizard Jedi' that piqued the young boy's ears and made him decide to get off at this planet. From the spaceport, it was a simple matter of hiding in the shadows and listening to people to find out where he wanted to go, then hitching a ride on the bottom of a delivery truck. Simple, really. Well...not for a ten year old. It was rather ingenious.

Aidan walked up the Temple steps, tiring himself out near the top, stopping to take a breather at one of the pillars outside. The view was pretty awesome, and gave him pride on what he had done, all he had gone through to get here. Something in the back of his mind made him wonder whether or not his mom was here, but that didn't matter. He was old enough to make his own decisions, at least he thought so. Catching his breath, he continued inside, looking for anyone important. He was already wearing Jedi robes that fit, so he blended in well, and he merely walked the halls trying to find someone he recognized or had heard of before from the bits and snippets people would talk about.

Eventually, he found himself in the more ornate part of the Temple, outside of a large set of doors. The antechamber made the youth's eyes big as he took everything in, looking at the architecture and various tapestries depicting battles and prominent Jedi. Such an amazing place...

((Outside the room with Kitt and Damon))

Edited by Guest

What is power? Is it this god-like ability to wield”¦or is that the opposite of power? I am not sure if it ultimately matters what power is. It matters that people believe power to be relevant. He knew, had he been alone, he would have fallen into the depths of his ocean, stayed there for hours, pondered, floated. But he was in a conversation, with one who happened to be in many ways a striking young woman, and he resisted the urge to fall into his great bed of water. Instead, to this first thought of hers, he said only, ”œI know little of the Force, as well.”

Nishant2.png

"But beneath the courtesy...a deep reservoir of feeling."

It had been sometime since Sebastian had slipped into the trance”¦ accidental as it was; the miner from Apartos had made contact with the force. He was completely submerged within the currents that ran their course through him. It was amazing. His entire being was enveloped by its power and a feeling of serenity swept over the untrained mind of the hopeful. Yet, as amazing as it seemed to him”¦ it also scared him for some odd reason. As quickly as he'd made contact, Sebastian retracted from it and forcing himself into consciousness.

As his eyes opened, Sebastian allowed himself to take a gasping breath”¦ shaking his head to rid himself of the smothering feeling that had begun to creep upon him. The single horrid image that sprang forth from the back of his mind left him shaking”¦ They're dead”¦ Thought the man; who at this time felt like an orphaned boy. The image that now plagued his mind was one of pain”¦ torture even”¦ Somehow, the force found a way to show the boy the fate that his family had suffered after his departure from Apartos.

Butchered. Like cattle. His family was killed for their unwillingness to pay for their son's debt”¦ not to mention the overwhelming debt that they were already in. Try as he might, Sebastian couldn't shake the image from his mind”¦ and the result of this event left him in a precarious situation. He'd touched the force unwillingly before, often had it saved him from exhaustion within the mines”¦ though up until recently he didn't know that it was the force that was behind it. Though this time, things were different”¦ he wasn't thankful for the ”œgift”

TURTLES.jpg

Dashel had gotten lost in the vast temple complex while mentally reviewing his latest failure in attempting to modify the standard Jedi lightsaber forms to fit his saber claws. The claws, far shorter than the standard lightsaber, made some of the forms impractical and also blended too well with his species predatory instincts.

What broke him from the reverie he was in was the rumbling of a stomach long overdue for a meal. The hunger, combined with some ancient instinct made him notice a young humanoid avian walk un-greeted through the temple's main entrance.

Pushing those primal instincts aside was as simple as willing them to the force. When he did so, he could sense the young female in the force. Hers was an untrained presence, shining forth in a quite undisciplined manner.

He moved across the room, in a direct line for the young female determined that he would at the very least make a civilized greeting on the behalf of the Jedi.

"Greetings young one, I am Dashel, welcome to the Jedi temple on Gala."

Without missing a beat, or breaking out of his own trance, he spoke in a somewhat hushed tone.

<< Yes, as they all flow from the same Force. You will find that a lot of the things done within the Force, are very closely related. When you Push something with the Force, so can that same flow Pull an object. The same is very true with the many forms of trances. >>

Kirlocca, reached deep down, finding his calm center and focusing in on it, letting it echo from the inside out. The serenity of the Force over poured out, creating a wave for both apprentices to feel and follow. As he did, he allowed for the Force's own healing nature to do it s job and bring his muscle memory back up to par. As he did, he knew that time was flying by. He didn't need to feel it go by, he just simply knew that the Force was working in such a way that it was indeed passing them by.

Temple Courtyard

Adenna listened intently to her teacher as he introduced her to the Force. She was in awe at the power he displayed in being able to simply lift and crush a stone with such ease. She wasn't sure that she could ever possess such powers, but she was definitely willing to try.

"Yes sir," she replied when he gave her an assignment. "I shall do my best." With a quick bow, she hastened off to do her teacher's bidding.

It was going to be an interesting trip for her. She hadn't spent too much time in forests. Her family had taken a simple vacation to visit relatives who lived in the forests, but most of her life had been spent in the plains that encompassed both her small town and the larger city nearby. She always liked the forest because of its peace and relative protection. Most people didn't bother going into the forest, especially the slavers and spacers, so it was safe.

On that trip, she had truly enjoyed taking walks out in the forest with her brother. They had played around and even swam in a small river nearby. While Adenna's sister was still too young at the time to go out without their parents, the whole family managed to go out on a few walks in the forest.

As she tried to find her way through the maze of Temple hallways, she reflected on what Dahar had said. His instructions and teachings were clear and not hard to understand, but she still had questions. So often, she had heard the whispering in the back of her mind, but she had never sought to understand it. For the longest time, she had thought she was going insane as there were some people in the town and the nearby city that had suffered mental illnesses that sounded similar.

It seemed so backward to listen to voices within your own head, but then, maybe that was why the Jedi were so powerful and famous. They seemed to do a lot of things that normal people wouldn't, and yet, they still survived. She just shrugged and decided then and there that she needed to start changing how she viewed things. She was going to be a Jedi now, not a simple girl from a backwater planet whose best hope was to marry a man who could support her and not treat her too roughly.

She finally found the Temple gates and exited them. Without any directions to go, she decided that she would curve to the right and venture into the forest for a kilometer or so to make sure she was out of everyone's way.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

A comm comes into the Jedi Temple to the head of this outpost of the Jedi Order:

BEGIN TRANSMISSION

---------------------------------------------------------

"Master Jedi, my name is Sasori Soren, and I seek your aid in a certain task I need done. Please reply to this comm as soon as you see fit too."

----------------------------------------------------------

END TRANSMISSION

SOCeTJx.png?1

Resident Tech and Video Game Geek

Well, crap, Sasori is correct.

Trushaun was at the gates when she decided to sit down. Her life had just been go-go-go for the past few hours. And she still had no idea where she was. She knew this was the Jedi Temple, but had no idea what planet she was on.

No one spoke her language, or Caamasi. Her kind wasn't here there was really no reason why she should stay here. There was no need to stay here. Then there was a flash. She was holding a lightsaber on the end of a bridge, surrounded by Imperial Stormtroopers. "Darkness will consume the universe. You are the last of the more challenging Jedi. After you are gone, I shall become all powerful" A red light emanated from the dark shadow, and it charged.

Trushaun shook her head, coming out of it. That's what she was doing here. She smiled. There was a purpose to her being here. She cocked her head to the right and inhaled. She relaxed and sat back and watched over the little village that was on this end. There was no need to rush. She stood up and stretched her bones. Her eyes darted back and forth examining people down and around the area.

Everything looked normal, but then something caught her eye. There was a taller human with black hair that was headed her way. She had just come out of the Temple.

She whistled, Two whisps for "Hello" in Fosh. She suddenly caught herself. She snorted and coo-ed. Caamsi for Hello. Maybe these sounds would work to gain a Jedi's attention.

Trushauncopy3.png

As Adenna left the Temple, a strange bird like being started hooting and cooing at her clearly attempting to get her attention. It was a curious creature, full of orange and green feathers, and looking ever so much like a cross between a short human and a bird, with emphasis on the bird. If it weren't for the clothes it was wearing, Adenna would assume it was some sort of strange animal. Animals didn't wear clothing, so clearly this was just one more alien species she had never met.

Instead of being scared or intimidated like she was with so many other people on first meeting, she was more curious. The alien was much smaller than she was, and was almost comical in appearance. Boosted by her new pride in being given Jedi robes and her first task as a Jedi, she felt courageous and happy enough to stay rather than to shirk away.

"Hello there!" she said cheerfully. "You wouldn't happen to speak Basic, would you?" She thought for a moment, there were some species that she knew could understand Basic, but not speak it. Wookies were one species she had seen in the mechanics bays and the shipyards that were like this. Perhaps this bird species was one as well. "Or, if you can't speak Basic, lift your right hand if you can understand it."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

((There is a lot going on so I think I got everyone so I am sorry if I left you out.))

Hearing what had passed Damon hung his head slightly. Hearing his friend pass was not something he thought was possible.

”œAryian. You nerf hearder.”

It seemed like Kitt had to push out a very heavy breath after Damon had spoken. The life he had lead through his time seemed to be a rough one, perhaps one that followed some form of a cliche to some degree. While he was sure that it did happen, as the Force always came full circle when it could, this Kitt was sure of. He hesitated on his response though, as he wasn't sure that such information was public. His vision, or rather, his premonitions of the future coming events seemed to revolved around a galaxy wide battle. Perhaps even one that would end all war for a while. Closing his eyes, he allowed for the Force to speak to him on whether or not to let Damon in on what he was seeing.

"The Force has a strange way of showing others what one sees. Many premonitions I have been having about a galaxy wide battle, and one that could even end all war for a long while. True, the ever long war between the Republic and the Empire is still feuding as battles are taking place right now as we speak, But my visions have spoken on some other battle, one that I feel that perhaps maybe you yourself have seen through the Force as well."

It wasn't really a statement, but then again, nor was it a question. It was his own thought process spoken out loud for Damon to hear. In stead of asking, he let his thoughts hang in the air and would wait for Damon to respond to them.

Tirius nodded and closed his eyes again. As he did so, he felt a strong channel of energy coming from the wookiee Jedi Master to himself. He drew a breath as he realized that Kirlocca was actually showing him how to find the hibernation trance instead of getting him there through verbal instruction. It was a kind of passing of information that Tirius had never experience before--almost like the fashion in which machines communicated with each other through a network, only it was Jedi communicating through the Force. And it wasn't the telepathy that he had experienced before, either, but more physical, more semantic instead of syntactic. It was interesting.

Following the lead, Tirius did indeed find the means to enter a hibernation trance. He focused on his vitals. His breathing slowed, his core temperature dropped. His awareness with the outside world collapsed. He got the distinct feeling that if he let himself get too deep, he might never be able to surface without help. And so he hovered above that plane. In some ways, he noted, this was very much like the healing trance in that his consciousness lowered. However, in other ways, the two techniques were quite opposite, since the healing trance sped up bodily processes, cell division, metabolism, and demanded energy, but the hibernation trance slowed these things down, putting the body in a stasis that required little to no oxygen or heat and slowed the metabolism and cell cycles to a stop. Tirius imagined he could go months without food in such a state, but at a great price.

But just how would someone reel him out of such a state, if he gave in entirely? It seemed somewhat dangerous.

Without an answer, he asked the question of Kirlocca, but he did it through the Force, without surfacing from his meditation. "Master. If I enter fully a hibernation trance, how do I get out? I suspect I would need someone with me, to reestablish my link with the world. But how is this done?"

Listening to not just the words that Kitt spoke, but the force as it seemed to flow them he saw what was being implied. The many battles that raged now, but also a battle. Not just any battle, but the same one that Damon had seen once before. The only difference now, was that Kitt was at the head of that battle as the jedi grandmaster.

"Grand master Kitt. While you may be modest, the force does not show modesty. As the grand master, I offer my services as you need in the up coming battle."

As the words escaped his lips a nudge in the force was felt. A very odd yet familiar nudge. It was odd, however it seemed very near.

"I'm sorry master Kitt. There is something I must check." Standing up he exited the room and saw a small child in the room looking over the murals that decorated the room. Something seemed off, yet strangely familiar. The robes while standard were not clearly his. He was out of place for sure, but at the same time belonged perfectly in them. While his hair was black, silver showed over his head. Like that of a man who is now dead. Damon had to know why he was seeing and feeling Aryian through this young boy.

"Young man. My name is Damon Yue, a jedi. Can you please tell me who you are and what brings you to this part of the temple?"

The voiced echoed through his conscious thoughts as if it came from within. He slowly acknowledged Tirius's thoughts and then replied. "Yes, for the most part you do need someone else to reach out and awaken you from such a trance. Normally, just enough push against another mind can sometimes do the trick, sometimes its a certain word or feelings that trigger it. Sometimes, its just a familiar presence of another." Kirlocca reach out and touched Roene's mind to make sure that he was doing okay.

It was interesting to Emily that Nishant opened up finally. He suddenly dropped his standoffish persona and became a real person, with doubts and insecurites about himself and his place in the world. To Emily, it felt like he was finally being honest and real. She didn't think he had been deliberately being aloof before, but now that she saw he could be, well, human, the difference was remarkable.

She listened to his story, marking the drastic differences in the way they had grown up. He had been sheltered, surrounded by people who cared and taught him to care, whereas she had been abandoned and left to fend for herself. It wasn't their fault, she told herself firmly for what had to have been the millionth time since she had first understood her parents' actions and motivations.

His words also made her reflect. She had never killed anyone herself. Montar had told her that there could be a thrill in taking someone's life and holding it your hands, in that person being completely dependant on you for his or her survival. She supposed she could see the draw in that; it was control to an ultimate degree. But at the same time, she didn't see herself as one who would find it easy to kill. She gave a mental shrug. Only time would tell. "I don't think I'll know how I feel until I'm actually faced with it," she said aloud. "Personally, I think there may be times when killing will serve whatever purposes are important to you, but I also think that has to come from a balanced and prepared mind. Perhaps the Force could be a guide in times like that..."

Her voice trailed off. "I mean, the Jedi pride themselves in helping people, in doing justice and serving the greater good. What if there was a man who was holding an entire building hostage? He won't cooperate, but rather insists on his impossible demands being met. What is a Jedi to do in that case? They claim to value life. Do they save the hostages, even though it means killing the man? Whose life is valued more?"

She shook her head. "That is one of the things I am interested in learning the answer to. How should a Jedi respond to situations like that?" She glanced up, her mismatched eyes meeting Nishant's blue ones. "Sorry, that was a lot of rhetorical questions."

Trushaun looked at the female examine her. Yes she was an exotic species, she kinda giggled. This was clearly the first time the human had scene her kind before. She then started to speak. Trushaun looked at her. It was sort of frustrating, because she didnt know Galatic basic.

Some of the words she could translate due to the closeness to the Caamasi language. Some of the words that stood out were "Right hand." "Basic" She raised her right hand and shook it a little. She was assuming the human was asking if she understood basic.

Trushaun grabbed her drawing pad. She wrote her name at the top, In Caamasi. Which was extremely close to basic, just a few letters were backwards. "Trushaun" she wrote. She then drew a picture of the temple and a plus symbol with a lightsaber. At the end of it, a question mark. Asking if this place was the Jedi Temple. She just wanted to make sure that was where she was.

Then she also drew a planet and a question mark. She wanted to know what the planet was called. She was a curious one, but that was standard for all her species. Too bad most of them never ventured off-world. She was lucky though, to get off her world. Trushaun shook her head. It wasn't the time or place to think about that. She offered the drawing pad to the human woman, she could tell that they were going to fit together, somehow. She smirked and pointed to herself as she pointed to her name.

Edited by Guest
Trushauncopy3.png

It took a moment to register in the boy's head that he was actually being spoken to. Aidan had been captivated with one tapestry in particular, depicting a woman Jedi fighting off several Sith. In mild curiosity, he wondered if that was supposed to be his mom. Of course, there would probably also be a lot of other girl Jedi, he supposed. Girls weren't completely useless, after all. Annoying, but not useless.

Now he lazily spun, attention refocused on the adult towering over him. He didn't recognize the man, either by face or by name (But then again, he barely knew anything of the Jedi anyways, Mom had never told him much about them).

"Huh? Me? I'm Aidan. I'm here to learn to be a strong Jedi and defeat the Sith. That's what they do, right? Fight Sith?"

He turned back around, studying the tapestry again, noting the expressions the people wore, the woman with her orange light-sword thing, and the Sith with their red ones. It looked exciting, adventuresome, exactly the opposite of the life he'd led up until now. That's why he came here, this is what he wanted to be.

"I mean, you're a Jedi, right? It must be every day boring stuff to you by now. Wait a second. You can tell me who I'm supposed to go see or where I'm supposed to go to be a Jedi, right?"

And just like that, Aidan's attention was firmly fixated on Damon, his first real live Jedi encounter. Unfortunately for Damon, Aidan tugged on his robe a little, displaying his youth.

"Oh please? Pleeeeease? I really want to learn how to be a Jedi and use the light swords... Mom never let me touch hers..."

A smile was all that Kitt could produce as Damon spoke. He was a wise Jedi, and probably still a great Jedi as well. He was glad to have Damon near to the Order in the coming dark time. He stood up and walked over to look out of a window that was apart of the Council Chamber and was quickly met by a comm signal.

"Grandmaster Master Jedi, a transmission came in for you."

"Send it to the Council Chamber."

Kitt walked back to take a seat, but this time, he did sit in the Grandmaster chair, seeing as even Damon could feel it echo off of him. He sat down and listened to what the transmission said.

"Master Jedi, my name is Sasori Soren, and I seek your aid in a certain task I need done. Please reply to this comm as soon as you see fit too."

Kitt scratched his goatee for a moment as he thought on what he should do. On the one hand, he felt a need to wait to do anything until the rest of the Council arrived. Yet, as a Jedi, he felt that the Order should always provide help when they could. He then decided to send a return transmission.