Haruun Kal

BLCKCLONE

"Yes, I felt it... terrible, that so close after being accepted, he died so suddenly." Armiena winced; she had felt a presence die abruptly in the middle of the Jedi Base of Haruun Kal, but she didn't know that the presence was that of Kirana's newly-chosen apprentice. "But there are certainly a few very promising Hopefuls in the class, and I can't wait to see what they can show me."

Her emerald eyes widened, slightly alarmed when Kirana asked Armiena for her approval to administer Darla's Knight's trials. The Jedi Knight was also surprised to hear that she had once been a Sith, but Healing was a skill nearly impossible for one who used the Dark Side of the Force. The fact that she had Healed Talon Flick indicated that she had truly left the Sith behind... at least in terms of ideology. But why would Kirana ask Armiena, a relatively junior Jedi Knight, for approval to administer the Trials?

"I... have no objections."

drayyy.png

Kira's eyes sparkled at the confusion in Armiena's. For one that had been a with the jedi longer than Kira had, she apparantly still considered herself junior to the young Council member.

"I shall do them then."

She turned to the class then,

"I have room for two if anyone needs a lift to Coruscant."

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

The Jedi's answer quelled Nivana's curiosity about emotion and Jedi, for the moment. She listened attentively as Armiena Draygo answered Fithnen's question about chaos. She was then relieved to hear that the Jedi Code was not there to dominate their entire lives. It was there for the Jedi to refer to when they were called into action...or so Niv had concluded.

Nivana's lips curled into a soft grin at the mention of returning to Coruscant. She was glad to hear it. Such news meant that the Jedi had regained control and she could go home. But how exactly would she get back? She glanced at everyone else then stood. Though he hadn't been particularly responsive to her, Niv moved to Fithnen. He was the only person she knew in the immediate area. "Shall we seek out Fynn? See if he can hook us up with a ride back to Coruscant?" she asked softly.

Fithnen went over Armenia's answer in his head. It made sense. After all, it seemed that all things being equal, there were positives and negatives found in all things. Why, therefore, should any be completely ignored? Fithnen stopped himself, however. That thinking led to a rationale that, all things being positive in some aspect or another, they could then be used. It was not a line of rationale Fithnen felt particularly inclined to fully explore, at the moment, for a greater wisdom then his own would no doubt need be involved.

Fithnen looked up. Coruscant was back in Jedi controlled. A momentary flash of irritation buzzed through Fithnen. He'd just left the place. Now he was going back. The pale man sighed, and shrugged it off. He had been patient before, and this was not the time to lapse. Fithnen could, and would, learn to accept things as they were. Unless he was mistaken, that was the nature of the Jedi.

Kira moved closer to Armiena so that her words weren't heard by the hopefuls. Her eyes still sparkling with mischief.

"By the way... congratulations on making the Jedi Council."

Kira winked at her before turning to look over the hopefuls. She seemed drawn towards one (Fithnen) wondering how he had gone so far in the classes. In a side comment to Armiena she added,

"How's he been going with the classes so far?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

"I'm sorry, Kira. I could've sworn you just congratulated me on making the Jedi Council." Considering that Armiena Draygo was probably one of the Jedi Order's more... free-spirited Jedi Knights, the possibility of her being instated to the Council seemed to be an unlikely possibility. The young woman immediately disregarded the words as a brief daydream, then she glanced at her fellow Jedi Knight's expression again. Although she was clearly enjoying breaking the news to Armiena, Kirana was obviously completely serious.

"Oh dear... I need a stiff drink." She offered Kirana a little smile, shocked at her new station. "This is heavy."

At Kirana's question, Armiena turned to face the Jedi Hopeful she mentioned. "He definitely has the potential." The young woman quickly scanned his features with a perceptive eye. Judging from his lean, muscular build and a number of scars that graced his countenance, Fithnen was clearly a fighter. He also carried himself with the kind of mental discipline that arose from enduring terrible experiences and surviving them. "I haven't seen much, but so far I'm impressed."

drayyy.png

"You know, I did feel quite the same when I got told of my appointment too. But that's neither here nor there. We should get these hopefuls back to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant." She glanced again at Fithnen, "I am thinking of taking him as my next padawan... there's just something about him."

She again looked at the hopefuls, catching Fithnen's eye as she spoke.

"Ok, two of you come with me, Knight Draygo will organise transport for the rest of you. When you're ready meet me at the Hanger at the frieghter Lost Soul"

With that she turned back to Darla, motioning for her to come along. The two made their way to her ship, finding that Talon had already been brought onboard.

"I'd like for you to keep an eye on Talon while we head back to Coruscant if you would Darla.

She headed through to cockpit and went through the preflight while she waited for a couple of the hopefuls to arrive...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

"Your question represents an intuitiveness that I appreciate very much. Often times, I have found that when one seeks out the primordial natures in things, he is more able to be in tune with the Force, hence our presence in this rural of areas."

Shav motioned for Cal to place his lightsaber on a treestump, where Sahv's own lightsaber was resting.

"Before we return to Coruscant, I wanted to do some physical conditioning, regarding aspects of both your body and force-sensitive mind. We will continue with our practice of altering the environment through the Force."

Sahv turned to face a stack of logs several yards away. Forming a delicate triangle, each log relied on the ones it sat upon for stability.

"Now, use the Force to break down that stack of wood there, if you can. This is a new thing for you, so do not work toward precision, but strength. In other words, obliterate it."

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Darla was overwhelmed with joy and felt a great sense of purpose. Finally after years of training, of fighting, of struggling, of dying and rising again, finally she was to become a true jedi. What she would do after the trials was unclear to her. But she felt the galaxy was full of new and exciting possibilities.

She thanked both Armenia and Kirana for accepting her, then kept her joy silently to herself. To anyone force-sensitive though her happiness was clearly apparent as it seemed to radiate from her in waves.

Darla followed Kirana to her ship and headed to the med-bay to watch Talon as instructed. After all the time she'd spent healing friends, enemies and even strangers it seemed so natural for her to be sitting in a med-bay. As she watched the man floating unconscious in the Bacta tank she wondered who Talon Flick really was. As far as she could remember the two of thm had never really met. But he knew he had bested her nemesis and for that she had great respect for him. It would be interesting to speak to him when he awoke.

Through the force Darla said her farewell to Fynn...

I'll see you on Coruscant my friend.

She was certain that Fynn woud pick up on her great happiness and hopeful that woul ease any worries he had about her.

Rannrsig.jpg

Fithnen overheard two Jedi talking, and caught Kirana's eye. She was taking him as her padawan? No, she was THINKING of taking him as her padawan. Fithnen got to his feet, stretching. He wouldn't count on anything yet, but a slow smile still wormed its way onto his normally unreadable features. He licked his lips, inclining his head.

Fithnen mentally went over his trip into the place, and started off in the direction of the hanger. He might be going in circles, but now, he was going in circles as a maybe-padawan-hopeful. Or something. Fithnen's stomach did an ungainly flip-flop as the freighter came into view. Padawan. It sounded good. The Jubilarian leaned against the frieghtor's hull, crossing his arms and waiting for Kirana. Back to Coruscnat. Or was it forward? Whatever it was, Fithnen was ready.

Fynn watched Darla leave with a gentle nod. She was finally ready, after all her time of dancing between good and evil. It made Fynn proud of her, but he was sad to see her go. All things changed, but Fynn had grown acustomed to worrying about Darla. Still he was was happy for her.

Goodbye Darla...may the force be with you. Fynn said as he heard her throught the force. With that he left the medical bay bound for the training halls. Haruun Kal was growing quiet again with so many hopefuls leaving for thier first trip to the recently secured Temple. It was rather like a pilgrimage of sorts. The mood was bright and reminded Fynn of the first day of spring on Dantooine, full of life.

Walking towards him was Nivana, her mind earnestly searching for him. She was a strong student, a girl with enough power to be master one day. The idea of it made him think...could he teach this young woman, the way his master had taught him? Would the council allow him to given his not so sterling past? He remembered the days not so long ago when he barged in on a council session, and embarassed his master. What a fool he had been...

He lingered in the hall for a moment thinking internally about all he had been through as a jedi, all the chapters he had witnessed, and what it meant to others. Had the others known of his accomplishements? Had he payed enough attention to thiers? Was he ready to take on a padawan? In truth he didn't know, but he was confident for the next chapter...

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

Niv made her way out of the slowly scattering mass of hopefuls towards Fynn. She greeted him with a genuine grin. "Looks like it's back to the beginning." she said, a hint of humor tinging her voice. "Any spare room for a lowly hitchhiker looking to get to Coruscant?"

Armiena turned to the Hopeful Seraphim. "Alright, wait for me at my ship. It's the black Baudo-class Yacht--you can't miss it. I'll be there soon."

The Jedi Knight strode back into the training room and clipped her comlink off her belt. A few dull minutes of navigating through bureaucracy, she managed to arrange for the Alliance to divert a Gallofree Medium Transport that was on its way to Coruscant with non-vital equipment. Satisfied, the young woman replaced her comlink and spoke to the rest of the class.

"Those of you who don't have transport, I've just had a Medium Transport diverted here. If you can't find transport yourself, it will be here within an hour."

((Those of you who are absent or not posting, I will be posting that you've boarded.))

drayyy.png

With the ship all set for take off, Kira moved back through the ship to find Fithnen outside. She motioned him inside, glancing back to see if any others were joining them but apparantly there wasn't.

"There is a bunkroom just down that corridor, or you might like to join me in the cockpit. I'll leave it to you... padawan..."

She winked at him, leaving him in the living area of the ship as she headed back to the cockpit, sealing the ship and lifting off, heading back to Coruscant.

((Academy thread on Coruscant))

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Seraphim nodded before he moved towards the yacht, it was truly unique in the hangar bay... and there he stood, awaiting the Instructor, a seriousness about his face. He was made to come to Haruun Kal with the others for the threats on the Temple... and now it seemed the Jedi had been victorious, but was Haruun Kal in danger?

Suspicion troubled the boy's mind for only a moment, before he thought of the code and tried to sway away the sinister elements of fear and doubt, fuel for the Dark Side's lesser Tempters... as he reaffirmed his faith in the Galaxy's Defenders.

This is an alias.

Darex listened and then smiled. "There is definitely virtue in stopping to ponder over what the Force has allowed to happen to us, and what we have learned. Lives can be changed so quickly, that sometimes, you don't see it happening. Take that woman, Darla, that you saw out in the halls. She started off as a Jedi, then abandoned the Order and sought out the Sith. She was eventually given the rank of Sith Lord, but then could not take it any longer. She came across my own master, Skye Organa, who lead her back to the light. Now she is going to become a Jedi Knight, and finally can see her path."

Darex paused. If there was one thing that he wanted to impart to Ulos early on, it was the dangers of the dark side. Ulos did not seem the type who would turn...but then, he thought, remembering, neither was Shy-Ree. "Beware Ulos, of the dark side," he said. "It comes so easily, but bears with it a great price. It dominates you, controls you, and although you become powerful, it corrupts you with that power.”

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Fynn turned to Nivana as she approached and responded with a gentle grin. "I'd be glad to take you back to the temple Nivana, but before I do...may I ask you something?" Fynn asked calmly. He took a moment to summon up the words. It was not as easy to say them as he had thought it would have been, still words came and Fynn asked...

"Do you still wish to become jedi, and be trained in the ways of a jedi knight?" Fynn asked without any hint of superiority or pride. He wanted to train Nivana to become the powerful knight he could see her becoming, to pass on his knowledge of the force. If she agreed to be his padawan, then they could begin now, taking advantage of the newly empty training facility to begin.

Cal placed his lightsaber next to Sahv's on the stump and then turned to face the stack of logs. He wasn't quite sure how he was going to accomplish this next task. Cal felt confident that he could disassemble the structure, but creating a large enough burst of force energy to destroy the sturucture at once was a different box of cats altogether.

Cal centered himself and allowed the force to flow around him. He focused his mind on the stack as a whole instead of each individual log. With his mind he studied the weak sturcture, its joints, and its foundation. Cal closed his eyes. He could see the force moving around him. Its presence was very strong in the grove. Sahv was right to want to train here. Cal felt as if he was standing in the middle of a swiftly moving river of force energy.

The young padawan bent his knees and moved his feet to brace himself under a great pressure. He then extended his arms and attempted to hold back the flow of the force. He intended to act as a dam, allowing the force to build up behind himself, and then when enough pressure had built up he would release it towards the triangular structure.

The strong force energy gathered behind Cal. The weight on his body became near unbearable. His muscles strained under the weight. He had to fight hard to maintain his focus. The stress of the force energy building up around him was difficult for Cal to control.

Finally, after many minutes of meditation and straining Cal felt that he had gathered a sufficent amount of energy. All at once he squatted and pulled his arms into his body allowing the built up force energy to wash around him. The wall of energy burst forth and pounded against the side of the wooden sturcture seeping into each crack and crevice. The force annihilated the triangular stack of logs. It was as if a tidal wave had struck a small wooden shack. The logs splintered and flew in all different directions creating quite a mess in the small tranquil grove.

Cal stood with sweat dripping off his brow onto his new padawan robes. He looked at his master and said with a smirk while still trying to catch his breath, "How was that Sahv, OK?"

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg

"Yes, that will do for now. Soon, you will learn to harness that power, though you must be carefull with it."

Sahv put the logs back in a stack, to wait for the next one who would seek its assistance as a learning tool. Grabbing his lightsaber, he picked up Cal's as well and tossed it to his padawan. Checking his communicator, he saw that there was a message ordering all Jedi personnel to make a trip to Coruscant.

"Well, its about time we return to the temple -- on Coruscant. We are needed there."

Returning to the main base, Sahv and Cal found the halls to be mainly empty, save for cleaning droids and security personnel. A few armed Alliance soldiers had been posted on-base to provide added security in the hightened climate of war that had recently errupted. To his suprise, Sahv found a message for him from Dashel.

Coming to the training quarter, Sahv saw a young man who appeared to be lost (Bisko.) He spoke to him: "Hello, if it is training you seek, then make your way to the temple on Coruscant. Farewell."

Boarding the Myddrin, Sahv and Cal left the planet...

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

((Hopefuls who don't have a ride or haven't found passage otherwise, here's your ride. You Hopefuls who haven't posted have a couple of days before I post your departure.))

True to Armiena's word, a Gallofree Medium Transport bearing the crest of the Alliance soon arrived in Haruun Kal's orbit and struggled to find space in the Jedi base's hangar. The Jedi Knight herself had also arrived at the hangar to show her own hitchhiker to the Ghost Breath. A few minutes later, the Baudo-class Yacht lifted from the hangar and surged through Haruun Kal's atmosphere, quickly making enough distance from the planet's mass to make the jump into hyperspace.

The first thing Armiena did when she had a moment to spare was treat herself to a couple of shots of Whyren's Reserve Corellian Whiskey.

drayyy.png

She nodded affirmatively before answering, "Yes Fynn. I still wish to become a Jedi. It is...the only thing I want." She face became deadly serious. "I've witnessed, firsthand, that the life of a Jedi is not one of ease. I know that there will come a time when lives will depend upon decisions I make. I know that my own life will be at risk just because I am a Jedi. I realize that unfathomable hardships most likely lie ahead. But I am willing and ready to face whatever may come. I want to be a Jedi."

((sorry for the short response, very busy atm))

"Well then Nivana, I will do all that I can to see that you join the ranks of the jedi. I will take you as my padawan, and instruct you in the ways of the force, as my Master instructed me. As you said it will not be easy, but trusting in the force, the light, and in yourself, it can be done." Fynn said with simple grin. "I only ask you listen and apply yourself to the skills and beliefs I will teach you." With that he put his hand on Nivana shoulder.

"So Padawan Nivana...I hope your ready to learn." He said calmly. "Come we begin our training in earnest." Making his way to a kiosk he ordered a transport to the place thier training would begin. Maltauros, a firey world that would be free of frequent visitors, an ideal place for the begining of a jedi. A shuttle was rented and awaited them on the launch pad.

Before he left he decided to check in one last time with the council. Most of them were unavailable, off-world or in transit...so he left a distinct message to his taking on Nivana. There disagreement, if there was any, could be found out later.

"If your ready..." Fynn said to Nivana as he motioned for her to follow him to the shuttlebay. The tri winged shuttle sat quietly as Fynn and Nivana boarded. As he entered the cockpit, he ordered the landing ramp up. The shuttle lifted off a few minutes later, as Nivana grabbed a seat next to him. "Were off..." He said as the shuttle approached the upper atmosphere. The ship shuddered once entering space, and in moments the heavens stretched into starlines, as the shuttle headed for Maltauros.

Ulos thought about every place he could in the galaxy. The spheres of each planet he knew hovered around in his mind as his focus shifted from one to another, searching for the perfect one to continue his training in. There would be many different advantages and disadvantages to different ones, but which one would be the most beneficial in the end to the pair? Where did the apprentice want to go.

No...It is not where I wish. It is where the will of the force wishes...

Suddenly, one by one, the planets faded from his vision of the galaxy into nothingness. Every last one that he could possibly think of was discarded and he still couldn't find any logical reason why, except that he was not the one in control of his selection process. For the first time, Ulos Rolan felt as though he were completely and wholy one in the force, as though he and this mystical entity were one in the same. As though their thoughts belonged to eachother and their wishes were both mutual. The man could only wonder if this is what it felt like to be a jedi...to always be in such a state of mind.

Finally, there was one dot in the vast blackness of his mind. Every other planet in every other star system had dissolved from his process and now there was one tiny sphere that was held motionless in his vision of space that just laid. A name was slowly rising to the tip of his tongue as he began to communicate the name of the planet to his master. It may have seemed odd to pick such a swampy planet, but it must've been what the force wished.

"Dagobah...If I could, I would like to go to Dagobah."

For a split second, Ulos debated on whether he should explain his reasoning to go to that planet, yet he wasn't quite sure he would be able to put it into words. It was almost as if the name was whispered into his ear more than he had pulled it from memory. He'd heard a few stories about the planet and how a great jedi had once used the heavy darkness that covered the planet to hide himself from the infamous Lord Vader duruing the great jedi purge. However, little other knowledge about the planet came to mind other than that it was a rather useless swampland.

Now Ulos waited patiently for the reply of his master. There was a certain eagerness that wished to leave as soon as possible, but he'd learned patience through his training and was able to wait a few more seconds to here a reply to an answer. There wasn't really any reason that his master would decline to his knowledge. Afterall, the planet was fairly deserted...it wouldn't be as though it weren't a good place to train or as though it would spark a negative reaction from the knight...

24m7slk.jpg

Darex closed his eyes briefly. "How did I know you were going to say that?" he asked rhetorically.

He could feel the Force flowing through his padawan, and he knew the young man's decision had come from it. Even now, Darex could feel the same prodding. It was merely his human memories that made him not want to return to that place. Old hurts...scars...losses...

Suddenly, Darex berated himself. Don't be stupid...just because Dagobah was the beginning of the end for Shy, doesn't mean anything for Ulos. You've been through this lesson before...

He sighed internally. It was the will of the Force that he and Ulos go to that swamp-covered planet, and he was nothing more than a vessel that the Force could fill. If he did not go, it would be ignoring the largest and most important part of himself.

He nodded. "Then to Dagobah, we will go. If you have anything here, grab it and meet me in the hanger."

He stood, and left the room, going directly to the hanger. He knew his X-Wing was too small to fit the two of them, so he found a small, unmarked freighter. Greeting R6, Darex told him to get onboard the freighter. His X-Wing would be fine here, and he would be grateful for the little droid's scanners...and his company. The little green astromech beeped happily at the prospect of finally coming with Master Darex on one of his adventures and rolled up the ramp.

Darex grabbed a few supplies, food, and accessories and packed them onboard.

FDY9u6P.png

Ulos had been surprised as he had revealed his answer to his master. Not only did it seem as though Darex had the same planet in mind, but it also appeared as though there were some internal reaction to the reply as well. Perhaps there were hidden emotions that had been somewhat dormant that Ulos had accidentally resurrected... or perhaps it was just nothing at all and the apprentice was merely thinking of nothing at all and was being senseless. Yet still, it was more characteristic of his master to say something somewhat comical or something to lighten the mood a bit, just as he had with that bug comment that had sucessfully prompted a chuckle from the padawan.

Now Ulos was instructed to get his things because they would be leaving to the planet soon. He found himself walking faster and faster to go collect what small rations he had brought and also the mace that he had left in his room in favor of bringing the katana out because it resembled a lightsaber a bit more. Afterall, he was training to become a jedi that used a lightsaber, and familiarity with that type of weapon was necessary. That much he learned by the bamboo stick excercise.

Now I can perhaps get the first one on one training time with Darex.

After collecting his things, he made his way to the hangar of the jedi base in search of Darex. The presence of the jedi had left and the confines seemed somewhat empty. The hopefuls that had been walking around and that had been busily studying upon the force had left and now it felt as though it were just Darex and Ulos. The feeling was similar to closing down a shop or cantina for the night and being the last one to lock everything up, as Ulos had done as a kid for a little bit.

Finally spotting his master by some sort of freighter waiting for him, he put all of his things in it and waited patiently to take off into the vacuum of space to sift through the hundreds upon hundreds of planets to find one somewhat insignificant speck in the sky. That planet would be where he would resume his training as a jedi apprentice and become ever closer to his goal of becoming a jedi knight... a goal he had been reaching for with all of his might and all of his heart. His drive was unstoppable and his ambition was untamable, and not even the ship they were on would be able to keep up with Ulos' racing thoughts and excitement.

Still...I hope that Darex is okay...

24m7slk.jpg

((The following Jedi Hopefuls are on this transport: Humsci Whi, Dante, Dwight, Zeathon, Cheetor, K. Omynn. Note that these are also the Hopefuls who haven't posted in a while and I suspect are inactive or absent. You'll be at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. The others, to my knowledge, have found transport or a master to train under.))

The remaining Jedi Hopefuls boarded the Alliance Gallofree Medium Transport and the vessel lifted off. It was a short matter for it to reach a sufficient altitude to jump into hyperspace.

drayyy.png

Darex nodded to Ulos as he boarded the ship. Once the padawan was on board, Darex followed him, then hit the ramp switch and headed to the cockpit.

A few minutes later, the ship was lifting off of the humid, jungle planet, and entered hyperspace, bound for Dagobah.

((To Dagobah we go...))

FDY9u6P.png