Haruun Kal

BLCKCLONE

"A Jedi such as myself has responsibilities outside of the Order, which is more often than not, unheard of; frowned upon by some... your training will take a slight detour."

((*GASP* SADO-MASOCHISM!!! ))

The computer core on Haruun Kal activates a cerain program, timed to go off in tandem with the triggering of another on Coruscant. Droids begin to prepare Aryian's room, complete with a chocolate on the pillow.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Darex turned to Kleew-Sele, Zeathon, and Dwight. "Alright. The next thing I want you to work on is moving an object with the Force. Harness the power the Force offers you, and focus on an object." He pulled out a bag of random objects--a stone, a datapad, a fake flower, and a bag of marbles. He demonstrated with the marbles, floating it in the air above him.

He then turned back to Dash. "I don't know what to say. I am not wise enough to know what is troubling you, and I lack the experience to guide you. However, there is one on this planet that may be able to help you. Seek out Master Kirana Sunrider. I believe she will be able to help you." He watched the man go, then focused his attentions on his most advanced student.

Darex watched Ulos, very impressed. "Excellent work, Ulos. You have mastered all of your initial training. In order to achieve the next steps in your training...you must be apprenticed to a master. This is the way of the Jedi."

He placed his hand on Ulos' shoulder. "If you would have me, I would be honored to be your master."

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Dwight listened to Darex's words, curious how he was going to do such a thing. He stood still, closing his eyes once again and reaching deep within himself so he could feel the gentle ebb and flow of the pure energy current. It was slightly easier this time, but only by a fractional margin. The complete tranquility that rushed over his entire body was pure bliss, a feeling never truly known to Dwight.

A smile crossed his face as he brought his hands towards his chest. He held a curved, but open palm near the top of his chest and one near the bottom...the two semi-circles making a full circle. He tried to concentrate and make the force flow into his hands focusing his power and expanding it outward at the same time, but he wasn't able to do it.

"Perhaps I should..."

He relaxed his mind and let the force take the driver seat. His gentle suggestions on what he needed slipped away as the force took over and ran through his body into his hands. He could feel it grow slowly at first, but ever so slightly it would increase in speed and expand outwards into the forest surrounding them. Dwight opened his eyes, everything had a surreal quality to it and seemed to move slightly slower then him.

He released the energy from his hands, watching it fly forward at the ground. Some of the dirt that was hit by it flew up in the air and the rest was pushed inward slightly. As the world resumed its normal pace he looked to Darex a questioning look in his hazel eyes.

dwight.jpg

Bling was instructed to a small room that would serve as his quarters. It was cozy, and sufficient for any living that he'd need to do. Setting his things down, he relaxed his body. Breathing deeply and in structured rythmn, he was able to calm his mind. Once Bling found clarity, he began searching for the familiarity of Kira.

"There... Or maybe there... No, no... There."

He was most sure of a certain signature, so the newcomer pursued. Finding an empty training room, he could feel that he was close. Once again slowing his thoughts, he found the same signature as before. In the next room he came to find his Master.

"At the ready, ma'am."

Ulos looked at Darex. The hopeful had gone through so much training so far, and the majority of his time had been spent learning the ways of the light side under this very jedi knight. The wisdom that this knight possessed was something that Ulos admired very much and could only hope that he would one day join the ranks of the knights and fight alongside this man. Now he was being offered a chance to train more in depth with this being.

I'm being offered a chance to train under a jedi...

A moment of euphoria swept over the human and images of himself holding a lightsaber and fighting for the good of the galaxy plunged into his head. The mere thought was enough to get him excited and enough to inspire him to feel as though he could do anything.

Wait, he couldn't get too far ahead of himself. What would happen if he said yes. Then he would be committed to saving lives. It had never really hit him that the jedi order would mean that he would have to commit himself to others, to give of himself completly and to rid himself of all selfish ambitions and desires.

Now the images of Ulos Rolan, the great jedi who would fight the sith and the oppression of the Empire, turned into images of Ulos Rolan, a man dead at the hands of those that he fought. By agreeing to train as a jedi, he could eventually bring about his own death. Was he willing to go so far as to give his life for an ideal such as freedom from evil? Maybe the ideal was even stronger and encompassed whatever hope there was for the galaxy. Yet still, would he be willing to give so many things up for the life of a jedi?

Yes...I will

"No, the honor would be all mine to accept your offer. What would you have me do now...master?"

The word sounded so natural now, like it was meant to be.

24m7slk.jpg

((Backposting a bit for Dash's sake))

The war on Coruscant had cost a terrible price to those who fought in it, but Aryian was holding up well, managing to hide the limp in his left leg. He wasn't sure how long it's take to go away, but he was sure it would heal in time.

The ship touched down with grace and precision, and Aryian walked out of it, robes billowing behind him as he made his way to the padawan class. It was high time he had a apprentice again. He watched all of them, noted which ones did better than others, noted which ones failed. One, in particular, caught his eye and reminded Aryian a lot of himself when he was younger. The man had a small twinge in his force aura, the taint of the dark side, but it was not of his own, not a threat to him. He watched his failure, and noted that he could probably do much better under focused tutelage, not in an open groupthink environment where competition reigned between students.

He walked over, his voice snaking around the area to land itself firmly in the hearing of the other.

"To some, the force comes harder, but stronger. To others, it comes easier, yet at less of a flow. It is all a balance. Would you like to learn how to truly tap into the force?"

Aryian walked in front of Dash, making himself known.

"Besides, I'm sure Kirana's plate is full already, I hear she is preparing for something important. I can handle this as well."

He nodded to Darex, who gave him a short smile and went back to teaching the other students, leaving Dash and Aryian alone in the training area.

"Well?"

Blz1mwg.png

Ok, lift the stone with my mind...Lift the stone..Lift the stone with...*sigh* how do I do that?...Hmmm...was the hands a must? Or was it just easyer to focus then? Zeathon decided that it was best to use your hands. After all he wouldn't be the first one to try it so he wouldn't look like a complete jackass. Zeathon raise his hand towards the stone..stone I command you...lift he thought...but nothing happend...Lift...Lift...Come on lift stone! *sigh*

Zeathon tried to lift the stone only with his mind this time. First time, he failed. He tried a second time, but failed again. Ok, take a deep breath, relax. He thought to himself. Third time....he made it move a little to the left. Yes, now it's going better. If I only could... Zeathon gave it another try, and made it lift a bit. But it soon sank down because he was to tired from the last tries.

The path of the light is the path to wisedom.

Dash stood at a fork in the road of life, either path that he chose would have a resounding impact on his destiny. See Dash was different then many other jedi, he believed that a man didn't have a destiny set out for him, but made his own.

Aryian was a man whom he had met only once and then just for a short period of time, but for some reason he was also a man who he held a unfounded trust and respect for. In Dash's eyes Aryian was the perfect Jedi, or at least the only jedI that he had he had ever come across who understood dash, and who dash understood. There was a connection between then, one that could not be described in simple words, but could only be portrayed in feeling and emotions.

Dash was still attempting to listen to the force when he fist heard Aryians words, they seemed to echo in his head. And flow through him, as almost a life force would they resembled neither light nor darkness, but simply power and understanding. Something that he had not felt yet during his time on Haruun Kal. The jedi's voice spoke words that he had never heard before, unlike the others who he had heard these words seemed to come from the future instead of the past. ”œTo some, the force comes harder, but stronger. To others, it comes easier, yet at less of a flow. It is all a balance. Would you like to learn how to truly tap into the force?”

Darex smiled at his new apprentice. He could feel the Force bubble up, and he knew that this match-up was right. He was determined not to fail this time...Ulos would become a Jedi.

"There is much goodness within you, Padawan. You will be a great Jedi," the Knight said. "For now, while my responsibility is to you, I also must take care of the others until someone comes to relieve me of my post."

His eyes sparkled with humor. "It is a job I did not volunteer for, but such is my luck, I suppose."

His tone grew more serious after a moment. "However, while I deal with these hopefuls, I want you to explore a bit. This planet is teeming with lifeforms of all kinds, and there is much you can learn about the living Force here. Open yourself to your surroundings as you go, and see what the Force tells you about itself."

With that done, Darex turned back to the others. Watching Dash go off with Aryian, Darex shot his fellow Jedi a smile. They would make the perfect pair--Aryian was just the man that Dash needed to talk to.

"Good job, Kleew and Dwight. Continue practicing. Zeathon, you need to relax. You're trying too hard. It should come naturally."

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

"Very good Bling"

Kira stood, turning to face her padawan. She received the priority signal from Master Hou-Jo then, her face thoughtful. She sent a return comm and turned back to Bling.

"We'll have to head back there soon. In the mean time, tell me what you know of the force. Why do you wish to become a Jedi?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Kleew-Sele knodded to Darex. He looked at the stone agian. He closed his eyes, and reached deep inside himself. He slowly raised his hand. The stone rose. When Kleew-Sele opened his eyes, he saw the stone high in the air. He smiled, and slowly lowered it. He smiled at Darex, then looked to the jungle. He lifted his hand, and drew it close to him. A small stone came from the outer edge of the jungle, and when into Kleew-Sele's hand. He threw the stone up, and caught it. He threw it up agian, accept he lunged his hand upward, and the stone flew into the sky. He looked behind him, and saw a big rock, he tried to lift it. He used one hand at first, then used the other. He moved the rock slightly, but then dropped both hands and fell to one knee, letting out a large breath of air.

ksfjpg7ib.jpg

((OOC..thanks for the tip, I was using the colored test to distinguish whos speaking, and whats going on in my head, but I can easily use other methods...not a problem.))

IC: Kautra Began to fel his long, slinder legs begin to relaxe as his master took a seat opposite him.

A Jedi such as myself has responsibilities outside of the Order, which is more often than not, unheard of; frowned upon by some... your training will take a slight detour."

*Of course my master, I understand. Do what you must, don't let me interupt your obligations master.*

Kautra felt his heart sink, for he must wait longer to begin extensive training. He let it go with out trouble, for he at least had a master to learn from, and he was just fine with that.

With his legs becoming rejuvinated, Kautra stood up, and nodded.

*Thank you master for the break, I am ready to continue if you are master.*

Before they began, a thought crossed his mind. He was not able to allow his mind to filter it before he said it.

*I have faith in you master, and I do trust you.*

This felt as if it were a heavy burden being lifted off his chest, and a smile drew across his lengthy face.

*So where will this detour take us master? I will go where you tell me to master.*

((Sorry this took so long to reply, I was having comp troubles, but their all fixed now...hopefully.))

((Yay. Now off to Borleais...))

"Good. By making this descision, you choose to learn the ways of the Jedi, in mind, soul, and body. You have no more need for your other possessions now, I will provide you with suitable acoutrements when the time is right, for now we will focus solely upon the body. It is through the body and soul the force flows, and they are both interlinked in a symbiotic balance with the mind. Improve one, improve all three, improve all three, become immortal."

A twang of guilt hit Aryian as he remembered the Holo Kirlocca had sent him. He needed to report in to the master, but he also needed to fulfill his duty to the order by training a padawan.

"However, I do not strive for immortality, neither do I strive for the means thereof. I solely wish to improve upon myself that I may help others in their need, that they may be strong again when they are weak, and that they may help others when in a similar situation. But come, I have buisness to attend to. The life of a Jedi is not all training."

Aryian guestured back to his ship, and they both boarded, the ship taking off for Borleais.

Blz1mwg.png

Her comm unit crackled to life, stating that Tristan Stellar was at the gates. She contacted the security center back after having stretched out her senses to touch the presense outside. She felt a lightsider. Feeling that the name was familiar, she recalled hearing of him but that he had been away for quite some time.

"Allow him entry please."

Kira then checked on the progress of the security defenses she had ordered done. The majority of them were completed. There were still a few things left to complete but they would be finished within a day or so. The outer defenses were brought online for tests. The ion cannon was fired in dry runs, tests being successful, as were the turbo batteries. Kira wondered if she'd be called back to the other base or if she would have time to at least get some training started with her padawan.

Kira pocketed her comm unit and turned back to her apprentice, signalling she was ready for his answer.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

*The gate opened slowly. Tristin stepped through the gate and headed into the compound. He wandered slowly noticing each room had all sorts of training equipment and hopefuls. He pondered if would still be alloted his old rank before his absense so that he could take one of these young ones under his wing.*

Half-Thinker, All Dreamer

A ship came out above the planet and loacted the Jedi base. Damon landed at the nearest city and left for the base. Damon dressed in the most simple of wobes and with his three light weapons approached the base. The gate was close, but he saw a com switch. With the hit of the switch he spoke into the box.

"Hello, I am Damon. May I enter the temple?"

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Kautra looked to his master as he stood

*Wayland,We're going on my ship... it's an old YT model, but it's more than enough for just two people.* His master said as he stood.

They walked down the trail until they came apon an old YT model ship.

They strolled up the boarding ramp, and into the cockpit.

*Wayland? I have never been there* with the end of his words, the ship rose, and began its trek into space. Darn, I just got my room the way I liked it too. he thought quietly to him self as the shot off into space.

Kleew-Sele stood up. He looked to the sky, then quickly moved about five feet to the left. The stone that he threw earlier hit the ground with such force that it went about an inch into the ground. Kleew-Sele chuckled, then used the force to bring the stone into his hand. He dropped the stone, and looked to the large rock agian. He closed his eyes, and breathed in and out four times. Then he lifted his arms, and the rock rose slightly. He remembered to keep his breathing even this time. He rose the rock two inches off the ground. He moved it to the right, then slowly lowered it. When he lowered it he let a large breath. When he opened his eyes, he smiled, seeing that he lifted and moved the rock. Kleew-Sele's mind was always going. He looked to the top of a tree, about fifteen feet off the ground. He thought he could jump, then put the force below him, to prepel him to the top of the tree. Looking to the top of the tree, he jumped into the air. When he got to the tip of his jump, he moved as though he was jumping off the air. He flew into the air, only nine feet or so. When he fell back to the ground, he was ready to try agian. Kleew-Sele looked back to the top of the tree, and tried agian. This time he got a small bit higher. He tried and tried until he was the same hight as the tree. He jumped agian, and got landed on the top of the tree. When he looked down, it seemed alot higher than he thought it would be. He took a deep breath, and jumped down.

ksfjpg7ib.jpg

Bling was not surprized at this question. He'd asked it of himself many times.

"I know that the Force binds all of the universe together. It is viewed as having a light and dark side. I believe that with my ability to achieve what I desire, I can use the light side of the Force to aid others. I will mean something in the galaxy, as a protector of those who cannot do for themselves. This is enough to inspire me to become a Jedi."

Bling stood still at the ready, prepared for anything with the buzzing activity around him.

Security allowed access to Damon before closing the doors again after him...

Kira nodded to Bling and smiled.

"That is very good. I am going to teach you the Jedi Code. It is what the we Jedi are guided by.

There is no emotion .... There is Peace

There is no ignorance .... There is knowledge

There is no passion .... There is serenity

There is no chaos ...There is harmony

There is no death .... There is the Force."

She motioned for him to sit on the mats.

"We use meditation to calm ourselves. To center ourselves so that the Force may travel through us, allowing us to use it's gifts to help others. When you are calm, I would like for you to focus on feeling the Force."

Kira produced a coin from her pocket and placed it on the mats between them.

"When you feel ready, attempt to levitate the coin from the mat."

She felt she would start him off with small items and move on to others.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Myddrin came into orbit. It swept past the low-lying trees and plentiful greenery to find its way into one of the base's primary hangars. Two Jedi, Sahv Yorr and Cal Regium exited the hatch as it lowered.

The two went to a reception area to check in. The base was busy, and housed many who in were in training or applying for force-testing with the Jedi there. Due to the recent conflict on Coruscant, this was no suprise. Sahv looked at a computer terminal.

"Cal, there is a workbench on level three. Go there and begin construction. Remember what we talked about, and follow the guidebook I gave you. The steps are relatively simple, but they are profound. By now you have polished the crystals and have some idea of which one you will use."

Sahv glanced around, sensing his surroundings.

"This planet weighs heavy on me... I feel as if I must straighten some things out. I will be out in one of the meditation habitats; you have my comm if you need to reach me. May the Force be with you."

Sahv gave his padawan a final good luck, bowed, and exited down toward a descending hallway...

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Damon entered the temple and as the gates behind him closed Damon felt a calm here compared to that of the one on Coursant. Damon was glad that he was able to feel at peace here, but he also felt somthing else. He felt that all Jedi here would soon faced witht he most harden test any could face.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Cal took note of his masters words and waved goodbye; he would have to travel this next path alone. Cal wanted to relax a litttle before setting to work on his lightsaber. He checked in at a computer terminal and then made his way up to the third level where he found an unoccupied private room with a bathroom and a new change of clothes. He undressed and stepped into the refresher. He needed the hot water to thaw his body out after the cold trip to Ilum.

Once finished, Cal dried himself off in the misty bathroom, wrapped the towel around himself, and moved to the mirror where he had to rub away the condensation with his hand. He was shocked to see that his hair had begun to grow longer. When he had first left Sullust it had been shaved very close to his scalp, but now the black hair had grown to the point that it covered the top portions of his ears. He slicked the wet hair back with a comb that he found and then made his way out of the bathroom.

Cal tossed the towel over on a metal chair and laid down in the single bed. It had been a long time since he had laid in such a soft warm bed. Many of his nights recently had been spent in his quarters aboard the Myddrin or on some Alliance cot.

For a while Cal stared at the ceiling trying to forget about the woman of his vision. He found comfort in his masters words. He just needed to relax for the time being and with patience everything would fall in place. Cal rolled over and pulled the blankets up over his naked body. Once his mind was at ease he was able to quickly fall into a deep sleep...

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg

Sahv passed through a sliding door and made his way into a pavilion. Nearby, a quiet balcony caught his attention. Many of the edges looking down into the valley were overgrown by the thick foliage; Haruun Kal was famous for its overbearing greenery.

There was much going through the mind of the young Jedi, though he seemed to have control over the many levels of though which permeated his mind. He thought of his part in the battle. He wondered what had become of the Sith lord he had spared. Would she live on to kill another Jedi? He thought of the vision Cal had experienced on Ilum. Perhaps it was time Sahv did some soul searching of his own, to make sure his spirit was strong enough to combat whatever dark forces would eventually be at work in his padawan.

Sahv looked down into the foreboding valley, and heard the squeel of a flock of birds, no doubt caused by the encroachment of some untamed animal. He moved to the right down a series of old stone steps and into the abyss below...

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Zeathon sat down, closed his eyes and relaxed. Just like master Trevelian told him to. He started to focus on the stone. He tried to lift it, and he moved it a little. He started to try harder, and he succeded. It was floating in the air infront of himself. He let go of everything in his mind, except the floating stone. He carefully pulled the stone towards him, and it slowly started to move. He made it go in circels around him. He opened his eyes and looked at it, and then he turned his sight to the datapad. He started to focus on the datapad to, but when he did the stone lost a little hight. He quickly lifted it a little, without taking some of his concentration on the datapad. Now he tried to lift that to, and he succeded. Then he did the same things with it as he had, and was still doing, with the stone. He made it go in circels, but not around himself. Around the stone. He closed his eyes again and made the two objects to start going in diffrent patterns around him. He also made them rotate around themselfs while they where rotating around him.

Now we come to the tricky bit. He thought to himself, as he made the two objects stop rotating around him and just float infront of him. And when they did he tried to lift his own body. As soon he tried this the two objects fell with greate speed down. They where very close to hit the floor, but Zeathon catched them.

Phew that was close! I got to be more carefull. Now just raise them to the same hight and try again. And he did, but much more carefully this time. At first he only felt a slight pull upward. And he was incressing the power step by step. This took a great mental energy out of Zeathon, but at least he was floating a few centimeters above the ground before he sank to the ground and droped the two objects. He was very tried and he was breathing fast. But after a while he he felt a little more okay.

The path of the light is the path to wisedom.