Haruun Kal

BLCKCLONE

The once evil sith, now floated in a state of greyness. Somewhere between the light and the dark.

As the wookiee's force awareness reached deep inside of his soul, he did not fight the intrusion, but offered a warning.

"I will not hide my motivations from you for they are noble, and not something I need to disguise. I must warn you however, do not delve too deeply, I am not sure if you could handle the horror within. I say this for your safety and nothing more."

Jareth stood, and held his hands upward. Through him, a cooling wave of calm seeped through any minds troubled by his presence. The message was clear.

"I know you will be wary of anything I say because of what you assume I am, but first, I must correct your misconceptions master jedi. I am not sith, and will never be again. Even if my quest for the light and my resolve to right the wrongs of my past are thwarted, I will never be able to go back to the Sith. Not that I'd want to."

After clearing the air about what he had become, Jareth continued,

"Master Valorria, my friend, was taken by the Hutt's the last time I saw him. We were lured to Tatooine by a bounty hunter claiming to be a sith named Darth Luciferian. I was weary of going, but when the hunter offered master keiran a chance to save Master Gantoris' soul, Keiran could not refuse. The stakes were too high. Hutt and SEED troops were dispatched to our location, and they eventually got the best of Keiran, and captured him. His current whereabouts are unknown to me. I do not, however, believe him to still be on Tatooine. I also have no knowledge of Faust's motivations for this capture."

Jareth stared at his company, and took a moment to acknowledge each of them. A few seconds past, and Jareth was content that they had time to absorb the information he had just given them.

He waited for a response a few moments, but then broke the silence with an inquiry of Master Kirlocca.

"Do you know the fate that has befallen Master Gantoris?"

*Kirlocca let out a sigh, and turned his back towards all. When the wookiee spoke, he spoke in a wisper.*

"Master Gantoris helped destroy the jedi. It was hard not to know. Almost ever jedi at Coruscant felt all that death and darkness at the same time. But even now as we speak...Gantoris is losing his power. But not in the way you would think."

*The jedi master began to walk around the room, an action that very few knew what it meant comming from the jedi master.*

"He has no power over jedi anymore. And his spot in hell has been reserved for him. He will regret his decision in the end."

*The wookiee stoped in front of Jareth. He took a quick glance at his posture, and then took a couple of steps away from him, and then turned back towards him again.*

"Jareth, as a quick sign that I can give you a good amount of trust...I would like you to tell me all you know of Mimban..."

The Silver streaked back into realspace in the Al'Har System and approached the planet.

"Silver, Set us down near what appears to be the Jedi installation complex."

"Yes, of course Bron."

As she set herself down, He pulled his cloak on and made his way to the hatch.

"You guys take care, got me?"

He locked down his ship as he exited and the pristine air played across his senses. The very air seemed alive here on this planet. It was truly a perfect place for the Jedi to establish an academy. Bron entered the academy and set to exploring.

There is no emotion; There is peace.

There is no ignorance; There is knowledge.

There is no passion; There is serenity.

There is no death; There is the Force.

Everything the Jedi live and strive for is included herein.

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Jareth was puzzled at the Jedi's request, but he answered nevertheless.

"Mimban was once the center of Sith operations in the galaxy. It is located in the Circarpous system, and it's atmosphere is nearly impenetrable by conventional means. If you have any sith ships captured during our stay there, you will notice the modifications needed to land there."

Jareth paced around the room also now, opposite Kirlocca. The former sith's eyes were fixed ahead of him, not really looking directly at anyone, but through the force, he connected with every being in the room.

"The planet was once inhabited by a species called the Coway, a species of primitive humanoids who lived deep beneath the surface. They, however, have been wiped from existence, and none now survive. I know this because it was my doing. The essence, or soul of the planet is inheritely evil, but I do not feel that it is malicious."

"My knowledge of the sith presence on that planet at the present is rather limited. If any sith remain, they have their own agenda, and I couldn't possibly advise what that may be."

Jareth had made his way around the room several times, passing all present as he swept through calmly. When he finished speaking, he had returned to Kirlocca, and stood directly in front of the formidable wookiee.

"Is there anything in particular you would like to know?"

*The wookiee smiled. He turned away from Jareth and sat in the chair that he has been using during his time on Haruun Kal.*

"Jareth...I think that I can give you my full trust..."

*From the conner of his eyes, he watched a padawan that was walking by jump at the thought.*

"But however...I alone do not repersent the jedi. But I do have a sway of opinion within the jedi council."

*The jedi master pulled his legs up on the chair, as if to meditate. Kirlocca looked at Jareth and spoke to him through the force.*

"I will give you full access to anything and everything we have here. But you must remain on Haruun Kal unless I am in your company, or untill I get word from Coruscant. So untill then, consider yourself a jedi under watch of the council."

"Very well, your perception as well as your ability to judge true goodness from evil are both quite impressive. I pray that all jedi might look on me as a friend."

Jareth then turned to Ben'a

"Are you up for a workout young jedi? I could use some adrenaline."

Ben'a had watched the proceedings with mingled curiosity as well as a detached concern. He had taken in what the two men -- the two Jedi -- had said, and indeed he was as willing as Kirlocca was to trust this man. Jareth was being as repentant as he could for the time being, and he was glad for this; if Master Keiran was to be saved, he would need his help. He stood to acknowledge Jareth's invitation for a workout -- it had been a time since he had engaged in strenuous activity, so Ben'a accepted.

"A Jedi is always ready to practice his skills in a healthy contest, my friend," he said with a smile. "The Marquis of Queensbury rules are in effect, I trust?"

With a nod to the rest of the Council, Ben'a accompanied Jareth out of the room and back into the fresh, evening air. A nearby hopeful, looking as though he had just completed a long journey, caught his attention as he walked past. He gave Jareth a small nod, as if to say "I'll be right back", and trotted off to meet the man ((Bron Dakari)).

"I can sense that you interested in learning the ways of the Jedi, young one," he said to the man, who seemed to find this whole place soothing somehow. "Do you know what all of that entails? Are you ready for the hardships that will await you?"

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

After a short time wandering the installation, A hooded, powerful looking Jedi master approached him.

"I can sense that you interested in learning the ways of the Jedi, young one," he said to the man, who seemed to find this whole place soothing somehow. "Do you know what all of that entails? Are you ready for the hardships that will await you?"

"I do not know what those hardships are, Master Jedi, But I assure you. I will capably handle whatever they bring."

There was something inside him that made him feel he had made the right choice following the Jedi. He would not look back now.

"Sir, Could you please direct me in whatever I need to do to sign up?"

Jareth allowed feelings of upmost gratitude radiate toward Master Kirlocca, and then followed Ben'a out of the room.

Something about rules was mentioned, but Jareth didn't have a clue.

As the pair came upon a young hopeful, Jareth waited patiently for Ben'a to finish and continue toward a fitting environment for their practice session.

Ben'a chuckled to himself slightly as he sensed how this newcomer regarded him. He may be an experienced Jedi Knight, but he was no Master yet...even so, he thought the compliment a well-intended one, and admired the young boy's determination. He answered with a nod before speaking again.

"There is nowhere to 'sign up', my friend," he said with a smile. "You're already on board -- but I must warn you, you have no idea now what may await you out there in space. I will do my best to guide you, and to teach you to use the Force, both to defend yourself, and to protect those who cannot defend themselves. This is the way of the Jedi, and it is the way of the Force as we see it..." He motioned for Bron to follow him, and nodded once again to Jareth to indicate that he was ready to continue.

"Keep your eyes open, and watch what happens. What you are about to witness is but a glimpse of what the Force can do."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Jareth smiled as he witnessed the beginning of what would be a long relationship between master and padawan. It was something meaningful, and Jareth was glad to be able to see it.

As the three walked through the temple, and came to a clearing outside, Jareth threw down his cloak, and began preparing himself. He stretched his arms, and pulled his hair from his face. The long white strands fell down to the middle of his back in perfect unison.

The jedi, and it still felt odd to think of himself as that, pulled his saber from his hip, and ignited it's blade. The crimson hue of the sith burst to life, and it's the darkness which that light begot was painful and seared deep into the hard of this reformed man.

Regaining himself, and resorting back to his usual tone, he spoke,

"Well, that just won't do."

The force began building around him. This force was quite the opposite of anything Jareth had ever felt. Strong and brilliant, rather than empty with darkness. It flowed through him and he drank it into his spirit. The darkness still remained deep inside, but it was weakening under the power of the light.

With his left hand, he reached toward his saber and the top began to contort. The casing opened to reveal his force crystal. The crystal was made of his own blood and darkside energies.

With a slight gesture, the crystal floated into a waiting right hand, and his saber hoovered in front of him in two pieces for the time being.

As he clutched his hand around that hellish crystal, the darkside screamed. Jareth hurt the very dark force itself deeply. It retreated from the crystal, and when he opened his hand a gleaming white and flawless crystal was all that remained.

Slowly, through the force, the jedi reassembled his weapon, and held it in both hands. With one last force infusion, the metal bonded back into one solid piece.

As he thumbed the activator switch, a brilliant golden blade jumped from the hilt and in it's first breath of light, illuminated all around with a vivid and magnificent light.

The saber now was a pillar of the goodness which Jareth wished to achieve. He had not yet, and he knew it, but the blade reflected his hopes for his own salvation.

"That's better....don't you think?" he spoke to Ben'a and then gestured for him to begin whenever ready.

Before taking a defensive stance, Jareth reached behind himself and pulled his hair together. With the new golden blade, he cut it short in one single swipe. His hair wisped about his face, and the cut locks were thrown to the ground.

((I kind of skipped ahead for something to post... Ill edit if its a big deal...))

Bron tagged along and leaned against the wall, watching the duel and attempting to derive anything he could from the two Jedi. As they dueled, their blades moved with such speed that he could scarcely make them out. He couldnt help feeling somewhat awed by the flawless dance with death they were engaged in, yet both remained calm and collected, Indeed, he would have to pay close attention to his lessons...

*Kirlocca watched as both Jareth and Ben'a left the council chambers for a quick spar. He then closed his eyes and began to meditat on what course of action he should take in order to retrieve Jedi Knight Keiran.*

Hold on Keiran, help will soon be on the way...

*Through his meditations...the jedi master was touched by the force...a new life hit him...and a single word came to his mind...Tempay...*

On the far outter reaches of space...a moon of Endor...Tempay...a new place for jedi....

Talon simply followed Ben'a and Jareth to Kirlocca. He did not speak, but merely listened to what was to be said. Interesting information- crucial to the Jedi- was revealed... an internal council of sorts. He understood that what was said was not to be repeated. As well as merely getting information, the exile Talon saw a side of Jareth that he had not been introduced to before. This was a more gentle soul than the one he had encountered on Dagobah. Trust was a big thing, and he was unsure if he was ready to 'trust' this former Lord of the Sith, but he was willing to give him a chance...

At the mention of a duel, however, Talon's mind ventured elsewhere. Nothing would please him more than a friendly bout, but he remembered his own crafted sabers that still remained empty husks. Crystals were the only thing left to be added, and for that he would need to make a small journey. Although he had no ship, the Jedi held extras in the hangar, and he could use one of them for his own purposes. He turned to depart. As he selected a proper interceptor from the limited selection, he sent a message to his companion Ben'a.

"I will help you find Keiran if you need me, but now I must travel to Ilum. Find me there, you can."

The exile was equipped with nothing more than his few possessions and a pack, but it was nothing more than he needed. He hopped into the starfighter ((one that could be most likened to the ones coming up in Episode III )). The input R2 sprung to life and greeted him with a sharp whistle. Talon smiled- this droid reminded him of someone...

It was not long before the ship had powered up, and Talon was heading for space. In moments, the ship blinked out of existence- enshrouded in the veil of hyperspace.

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

Ben'a watched in awe as Jareth performed the rituals that were symbolic to him; the removal of the dark taint in his lightsaber crystal, the removing of his long hair, the way the man prepared himself. These were all small nuances on the road to redemption, the Jedi Knight knew, and yet the man before him was doing them of his own free will. The reformed, golden blade was indeed a brilliant one, and as he gazed into its pure hue, he pulled his own lightsaber out from under his black cloak, which he kept on for the time being.

His blade, however, was vibrantly violet; full of passionate energy, yet in its extended and symmetrical state it was also a symbol of passion controlled. The snap-hiss and humming of the glimmering weapon served as a signal to relax, and to let the Force flow through him for this coming fight, to guide his hands to spar, not to wound. This was to be a test of skills alone. He had sensed that Jareth had not perceived what he had meant by that admittedly off-the-cuff remark, so he explained himself briefly.

"Marquis of Queensbury rules means simply that we agree to nothing underhanded; no Force powers beyond those needed for lightsaber combat. You know, the fighter's code of honoour..." He smiled to himself as he finished the small speech.

Now that the duel was on, Ben'a held his activated weapon in a modified defencive stance he had come up with himself; the hilt was held at upper-chest height, and the blade was extended out and to the left, pointing at a slight downward angle. This allowed for the quick blocking of not only lightsaber-based attacks, but also blaster bolts from all angles. With his senses attuned, Ben'a began to pace to the side, all the while looking straight ahead at Jareth, looking for any weaknesses, trying to anticipate an attack. Aggressive and defencive modes of attack flowed through his mind; not so much feelings, as options, plans for winning the duel, though it was only a friendly spar.

As he thought, a ghostly image of Tares Vortex appeared in the back of his mind, and as it passed, Ben'a literally leaped into action. Starting off with a shuffling of his feet that accidentally-on-purpose disturbed an insect nest, Ben'a sprinted forward with Force-speed straight at Jareth, leaping skyward at the last moment and landing clear on his other side. With a whir of motion, Ben'a was turned around, and his blade was thrusting hard at the golden weapon of his opponent, who just managed to block it in time. The two men clashed hard, saber against saber, exchanging thrusts, parries, swipes, and uppercuts.

At one point, Jareth had nearly slashed Ben'a's cloak clean in half, which made the Jedi Knight back off for a moment to remove it. He leaped backwards, and deactivated his lightsaber for a moment as he took off the heavy black item. "I've grown rather attached to this thing, my good friend," he chuckled, "and I'd hate to see it ruined in a friendly contest."

Ben'a reactivated his lightsaber, and waited for Jareth to renew the mock battle, his saber held high and to the right this time.

goodwoodsig.jpg

"Follow me".....Ish searched the mans thoughts quickly...."Jared, is it?"

The man shook his head in acknowledgement. The two proceeded done the halls and corridors with Ish leading the way. Silence marred their walk for some time until Ish spoke.

"The path of the jedi is one of the most dangerous in the galaxy. Not for the fact that others resent us and revel in the killing of we jedi, but also for the fact that you must resist temptations and stay on the light path."....Ish stopped as Jared walked a few paces beyond before realising that his master had slowed.

When the padawan turned Ish spoke in a menacing tone to test the padawans fear or hopefully lack there of. "The dark side will tempt you, and you must resist. Your soul is at stake."

Ish let a comforting smile cross his face after he spoke. The padawan was pure of heart and would prove a terrible enemy to the darkside in time. "Come let us find your quarters and then we will proceed to the training gymnasium."

The two men proceeded to Jareds new quarters....

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

*The jedi master sat up from his meditations. He quickly went to a comm unit and found Ish's tracking code.*

"Ish, this is jedi master Kirlocca, I am giving you and when you find yur new padawan a mission that you must do for me. Don't worry about me putting the young jedi in trouble. It is a recon mission. I am transmitting you coordinates to a planet called Tempay. It has importance to the jedi, but from what I can feel, no danger. You may leave when you are ready. May the force be with you both."

*Kirlocca quickly walked out of the jedi council chambers. He found his way down to the jedi archives, and began his research on the planet Mimban to confirm what Jareth had said.*

Jared walked at the same pace that his Master walked. He heard his name said, but he hadn't given it, how did he know? He changed the subject in his thoughts and spoke.

"We Jedi, are weak now. We seem to be giving in to the Dark Side more and more, at least that is what I saw at the Dojo."

He spoke modestly, wondering what his Master would say to that. They arrived at his quarters, Jared dropped his bag on the bed. It actually looked really nice, intresting.

"Well, whenever you are ready."

5bfeaedd.jpg

Embrace death, it may be the only time.

"That is quite an astute observation Jared," Ish retorted in reply to his padawans comment.

"It depends on which jedi you know. Different jedi have different views on the force, and it is unfortunate but some of these views are truely not of the jedi code though these individuals do manage to remain on the light side, it is only a matter of time before they fall to the dark side or meet their end."

"However, it is not my place regail you on the current status of the jedi. Restructuring within our leadership will soon see us much more organised and consolidated."

With that, the jedi led his padawan to the main gymnasium. It was a large open space with sunlight pouring through a large glass ceiling. Half of the floor space was completely made of matts to soften and falls that would and could take place. Racks upon racks of every known hand to hand weapon in the galaxy dotted the walls.

Pairs of jedi sparred at different areas of the gym, some at times going so fast they became simple blurs of color. Off the side of the gym were locker rooms and meditation chambers.

Ish motioned toward the gym as the two walked through the entrance. "Welcome to your new home for the next couple of months."

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

The planet wasn't quite what Kayla had expected the Jedi's base to look like. She had expected something ... different. Oh well, I suppose I really have a lot to learn.

She still wasn't even entirely sure why she was here. Discovering who she was definately played a part in her presence here. For years she had lived with a black hole sucking up her past, her identity, her life... And now here she was, determined to find herself, and along with it; her parents. Perhaps the Jedi could help.

Her boots squeaked as she entered the Jedi academy, I hope nobody's worried about mud getting tracked in.

km35qv.jpg

Aero says:

good lick

Aero says:

*LUCK

Aero says:

I MEANT LUCK

Jared looked over the gym, it was huge. Assorted items hung from the walls, swords, practice sabers in the closets. It was unbelieveable. He moved to one of the cupboards removing one of the Vibro-swords, he left his in the dorm.

"This is... amazing. What will we do here?"

Jared looked around again, and gave a few swings with the sword. This place was amazing, as were the Jedi.

5bfeaedd.jpg

Embrace death, it may be the only time.

OOC: I forgot some stuff, and no one else posted, so I'm editing. If that's a problem I've saved the original post.

IC: A cargo ship emerged from hyperspace, and touched down within the city of Pelek Baw. Piccolo radioed for Larek to report to him.

"We'll give him a few minutes. Load up the speeder. The ysalamiri should prevent anyone from sensing us."

The Howling Runner punched out of hyperspace too, but remained above the planet drifting with the garbage. The onboard computer created a filter web, scrambling outgoing communications. On such a primitive world there wasn't that many to prevent Piccolo's ship and R2 unit from catching them.

Luthis' ship followed the lead that Piccolo had took, he felt underneath the control panel, finding his comm. He pressed the button, and spoke into the mic.

Comm to Piccolo

"Long time no talk, eh Piccolo?"

He smiled into the mic, and could feel that Piccolo was also smiling.

"What's the plan, sir?"

End Comm

He waited until he spoke again.

vandren.jpg

Piccolo couldn't believe their luck. Luthis's presence would even the odds quite a bit. He returned the comm,

"Get yourself down here and I'll tell you. Try to keep a low profile though."

When Luthis had landed, Piccolo handed him a datapad.

"That's the presentation I gave to the others. You will be working in the same capacity as Fett and Larek. You can have the extra ysalamiri. Now help us load up this landspeeder."

"Sir, yes sir!"

Luthis felt good, he was beginning to get in the business, it was going to be a great ride. He moved to the speeder.

"Well, what is it that you need help with on this sucker?"

Air began to filter onto his face from the inside of his suit, it was starting to get a bit temperate in here. He moved to the speeder, checking to make everything was working correctly which they were. He smirked.

vandren.jpg

Ben'a's words made Jareth chuckle a little bit.

"Marquis of Queensbury rules means simply that we agree to nothing underhanded; no Force powers beyond those needed for lightsaber combat. You know, the fighter's code of honoour..."

In reality, he didn't know much of honor before. Even now, in the very short distance he'd travelled toward the light side of the force, he was beginning to understand things like honor and decency. The feelings had always been inside of him. He just had to release himself to the light.

As Ben'a plummetted toward him, Jareth stood very still, his saber hung low to the ground at his side. The white haired corellian raised his saber at the last possible second to block, and the duel began.

Jareth paused for a moment as his friend removed his cloak.

Once Ben'a was ready again, Jareth began his offensive.

His saber blazed a golden streak through the air as it whirred toward his target. Ben'a ducked and moved left and was caught with a light tap to the side of the cheek as Jareth spun counter clockwise with an outstretched left hand.

The blow was just a tap to indicate hit, not a crushing blow. Had Jareth followed through, he could have put his fist through the man's cheek easily.

Once the two backed up and began their furious dance again, their sabers cast a vivid lightshow for any witnesses to see. Both fought honorably and with great skill.

A slow upward swing caught Ben'a off guard, and as he reposittioned his saber to block, Jareth stepped in with a shoulder to his chest that toppled the already off-balance jedi to his back.

Jareth offered him a hand in getting back to his feet, and then fell into his defensive stance. Again he stood motionless, hanging his saber at his side, and closed his eyes.

Ben'a soon resumed his feet as Jareth paused to help him up; he took his new friend's hand with a smile, offering a wink to show that he appreciated the man's skills with a lightsaber.

Falling back into the embrace of the Force, Ben'a once again put himself back onto the offensive. He whirled the violet lightsaber in his hands, creating a veritable disc of purple energy as he charged to the side. The distance was covered easily, and with a quick staccato of thrusts and slashes, he had succeeded in getting through Jareth's tight defense. Knocking the golden blade upward with a sudden sideways hack of his own, Ben'a brought his blade back in a quick loop, pointing the tip right at Jareth's heart.

The symbolism of this little gesture was clear, and the two men nodded to eachother as they acknowledged the point. Ben'a was about to step backwards to initiate another round of mock combat when Ayevit, his astromech droid, trundled up to them, beeping in alarm.

"Peedo dweep! Bee-tee clikclak, beep toweep!"

He turned back to Jareth, a look of intense concentration on his face. The droid had not come bearing good news. "Ayevit says that he's picked up several unidentified starships on my ship's sensors. They don't bear any known ID codes."

The droid let out another series of beeps.

"One of them has landed...we should alert the Jedi Council." Ben'a pulled out his comlink to send a message out to the rest of the Jedi, but he was met with static. "Someone is jamming our comms. We are under attack..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

"That's bloody wonderful then isn't it." Jareth spoke loud enough for Ben'a to hear but wasn't speaking to anyone in particular.

"We're close to the temple still, if we hurry, we can reach them still."

Jareth took a brief moment to envelop himself in the warmth of the force, and then burst into a sprint, as he ran past Ben'a's apprentice, he grabbed him about the collar of his robes and drug the young padawan behind as he ran. The padawan's feet never touched the ground as he tailed behind Jareth like a tail on a kite.

Within a few seconds, both had reached the temple. Jareth quickly flung the young hopeful inside, and turned to make sure Ben'a made it safely.