Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

((OOC: Sorry, I was going to post yesterday, but had a bit of a rough day. Will move on now with the changling thing being a mind trick defence mechanism, since I was unconscious ))

Groggily, Kyp slowly awoke to find himself fully healed. He had no idea of how long he was out of it, but had the vague sensation that he hadn't been alone the whole time.

Something familiar... a pressence I've felt before? Someone from my past? If only I could remember.

Confused and a bit agitated at his uncooperative memory, Kyp got up and started searching the surrounding area for whoever it was whose almost remembered pressence brushed his mind.

((OK disregard my post's last few lines. We never got on the ship or left the area in other words.))

John stood there next to Xae, when a small flicker came through. Something he had only sensed once before, but it was faint, opaque, and not very clear in any case. John had an idea who it was, but he wanted to check with his wife to be.

"Xae, do you think its him?"

Xae-Lin deactivated the amber-colored lightsaber and winced as she tried to put weight on her injured leg when John took her in his arms. The pain was unlike anything that she'd ever felt before; it was sharp and cutting all at the same time and eased back in to a bruising ache when she took her weight off of it.

"My leg," she said simply, as she called upon the force to wash away some of the pain and begin the mending of her leg. "I believe that I broke it when I landed more on it than I did on him.”

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

As Kyp wandered down a narrow trail from where he had lain unconscious for the Force only knows how long, a sudden surge of something he couldn't quite identify hit him hard like a hawk-bat grasping a granite slug in it's talons. It was both exquisite and painful at the same time, like a searing energy jolting through his body. Then a soft voice spoke inside his mind...

Kyp. It's me, Xae...

Then the surge of energy reached it's climax, and Kyp hit his knees... no longer was he standing on the barren trail, but in the middle of a lush jungle in his mind's eye, purplish clouds laced with unnatural lightning. Kyp saw himself, dressed in simple robes, holding a violet-bladed lightsaber in his hands... and a small girl...

Xae...

Then the darkness enveloped him as he lapsed into unconsciousness once again.

Gavin nodded to his master, taking the helmet and placing it firmly on his head. It was just slightly too large, making it a little uncomfterable, but he would manage. He felt around on the hilt of the lightsaber, searching for the activation switch. He fingered it and felt the blade come to life. He could see just a feint glow from underneath the blast shield. He decided to use a two handed grip for starting out, not wanting to slice off one of his arms with a careless swing.

He heard the remote activate, humming to life in the middle of the clearing they were in. Gavin set his feet a little wider than shoulder width apart to give himself balance and tried to clear his head like he had done only moments earlier. When he had done this earlier he had felt a hightening to all of his senses, hearing included. He listened to the quiet rustle of the jungle around them, searching for the tell tale drone of the mechanic that would be attacking him.

When he thought he had found it, he waited for the first of the shock blasts to ring out. A quick clang and the smell of discharge filled the air. He pivoted his hands, but was dismayed to feel the sharp pain of the blaster hitting him. All the lightsaber had done was travel in a small circle, similar to a cone. Apparently what he had heard had been the lightsaber, and he had attempted to block himself, stopping just inches from his face.

He streched his left thigh, the place the shock had hit, then readjusted himself to prepare to face this machine again. He once again attempted to find his center, then probed out, searching for his assalint in the mystical energy field known as the Force. He felt a slight flicker to his left and began spinning in that direction just as another clang shot out, followed closely by the sound of a blaster shot rebounding off of the lightsaber held in front of him. Now that he had found his focus, things would move much quickly.

Which unfourtunatly meant that the machine would also begin to pick up its pace. The time between shots shortened ever so slightly every time Gavin was rewarded with the sound of a shot bouncing off the laser sword. He was hit a few more times, but those only encouraged him to focus deeper in order to not be hit agian. By the tenth shot he had found his grove. The amount of shots he missed drastically decreased, while the amount of shots reflected shot up. There were only two second delays between shots now, leaving Gavin just enough time to reach out and find where he needed to be. Without the Force, this excersise would have been next to impossible.

Shots continued to ring out, rebouding into the untold wonders of the jungle. Gavin had lost count by now, falling deeper into the Force. He defelcted a quick sucsession of shots, and probed out searching for the remote, but was suprised to find it lying on the ground a few meters from him. He pulled off the helmet and realized he was sweating profusely. He wiped his brow with the sleeve of his garment then turned to look at Damon, wondering how he had done.

"Master, was that....satisfactory?" He questioned in an unknowing tone.

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

Without warning the presence began to fade, and by the look Xae bore on her face John became worried. He moved forward to his fiance and held her on her side and looked into her eyes, they did not flicker and John knew exactly what was going on. Kyp either is in trouble or he is dead. Staring only for a bit at his soon to be wife, John knew that they had to move forward to find Kyp if they could and thus he grasped his wife firmly and lifted her into his arms as he began to run.

Within a few moments they had arrived to a clearign in the forest, where a huddled mass of human being, dressed in back robes with a lightsaber still attached on his belt. It was Master Kyp Durron, one of the most respected Jedi the Order had ever seen, and one of the most fearsome Sith ever known.

Yet here he looked peaceful, in an unbound serenity tranquil, and homely. This was not the Sith Hartel had known of, he was different, neither Light nor Dark nor Grey...he was just there.

"I will wake him Xae, if he may still be a Sith...rather me than you." communicated John as he moved beside Kyp.

John knelt by the infamous force user and looked to his blank face. No signs of the horrors he caused as a Sith were noticeable, no greyish tint of the skin, no red sacked eyes, no darkness pouring from him. But neither did anything noticeably light side show. He was nothing more than a man...just a man.

Tapping his shoulder, John kept focus on the man's face and spoke to him loud enough to awake him, "Master Durron, are you ok?"

"John, perhaps I should -" she was cut off as her fiance tapped the unconscious form of Kyp Durron on the shoulder.

She watched as the man before them lay still.

"John he knew me...just before he blacked out, he repeated my name. I'm going to try talking with him through the force. I don't think that he's Sith anyway, his skin is too healthy-looking."

She allowed herself to slip into a sitting position with her leg straight out by using a nearby tree to support most of her weight. As she reached out to Kyp once more through the force, she could feel it's own activity running through her body and focusing on her injury.

Kyp...Come on...wake up...it's Xae. I know you're in there...

She looked across at John, waiting for some sign from Kyp.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

Out of the swirling black mists of vague unconsciousness, a bluish light appeared. Within this light, a deep, soft, peaceful voice spoke.

"Kyp Durron..."

A figure appeared, both unknown and strangely familiar. Piercing blue eyes, long grey-brown hair and beard, dressed in simple brown and cream-colored Jedi robes of the Old Republic era.

"Who are you? What do you want with me??"Kyp asked in this strange vision within a dream... a vision that seemed more real than reality itself.

"I am he who learned from a Shaman of the Whills... he who trained Obi-Wan Kenobi. He who has watched events unfold from within the Force itself. You have done great things, Kyp... And terrible things. It is time for you to take up the path you were destined for."

Images from his past flooded into his mind's eye, painfully reminding him of things forgotten... Of a life he had tried to forget, power, love... hate... pain. Seclusion on Dathomir... renewed life. The Unknown Rregions. Xae...

Awaken.

Kyp gasped for air as he snapped fully awake, head aching like a band of drunken Gammoreans were trying to hammer their way out of his skull. He still didn't know what planet he was on, nor how he had come to be there... but a broad lop-sided grin spread across his face as he recognized the young woman sitting before him.

"Xae?"

The red-haired woman met the eyes of her former master as he looked past John and directly at her. Much had happened since she'd last seen him. She new the same for him as well and she couldn't stop the next words that came out of her mouth.

"Is it true Kyp? Did you go over to the Dark Side?"

There was a mixture of disappointment, hurt, hope, and disbelief all swirling behind the eyes of the young Dathomiri woman.

Ignoring the discomfort in her leg, she called upon the force to assist her in rising to a standing position. If she was about to face Kyp, she was damned sure than she would do it on her own two feet on her own power.

Using the force to act as a cushion around the injury she slowly limped to stand over him, her eyes searching for what her master and friend had been through during their separation.

"Why did you leave me here?" she asked barely in a whisper.

psvBwny.jpg

A flood of emotion swept over Kyp as he looked up at Xae. An odd helplessness crept into his thoughts as he searched for the answers... his head sank as he closed his haunted eyes and cradled his temples in his right hand. In truth, he had no rational reasoning for what he had done in the past, in addition to the fact that he was still missing parts of his memories of what exactly had happened. He faintly remembered the long-dead ghost of Exar Kun returned to haunt him, but that old Sith spirit hadn't taken control of his actions. No, he had followed that convoluted path himself. In any case, that was in the past. Thinking upon what the spirit of Master Qui-Gon Jinn had said to him in his vision, he came upon the answer he hoped would be a step toward salving the wounds he'd left in his wake. Both Xae's... and his own. He took a deep breath, and letting the Force fill him, he slowly looked up to gaze into her eyes, his own eyes filled with regret. A single tear rolled down his cheeck as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Xae... words cannot ever truely express my regret. Yes, it is true, I lost sight of my true path. I cannot give excuse, nor explaination for my past actions that can take away the scars left by them. I failed to make my decisions... and instead, those decisions made me. However, I am here now... and a wise man once told me that Failure is only truely failure when you fail to learn from your mistakes."

It was only then that he broke eye contact with her, looking down at the ground. He felt unworthy to even have this conversation, yet that disembodied voice in his vision kept prodding him on.

"I do not... cannot ask for your forgiveness. All I can ask is the chance to learn from my mistakes. And perhaps in time, the chance to make up for them."

Xae's mouth pursed in a frown as she listened to the admittance from her former master. Hearing him admit to turning caused the strength to drain from her being and she sunk to the ground near John.

Her face hardened as she struggled to reign in the anger that threatened to rise up inside her, using the very methods that Kyp had taught her.

She knew that John had found his own redemption with the Jedi, as Kyp had found before in his earlier path. How could she begrudge him the same chance now? It wouldn't be very Jedi-like of her to harbor the hurt and anger that he'd caused her. It was best that she let it go.

"I am willing to give you that chance, are you willing to come back to the Jedi with us?" she finally said, her voice calm and cool.

She allowed John to help her stand as she faced both of them together.

Suddenly she felt some hint of an inkling that they should return to the ship as soon as possible.

"John...something's wrong...I can feel it, can either of you? I think that we should leave as soon as we can."

psvBwny.jpg

It was a small flicker, not entirely noticeable if one's mind was focused elsewhere, but Hartel, who had noticeably been ignored by Kyp, and rightfully so. His old apprentice was now John's, in love and engaged to be wed, much had changed and for a man who had disappeared from the galaxy it could be quite a headful. But John was not focused on such things, he felt pain, suffering, and a cry for help. It was so distant, much less than a whisper, and yet not a voice. It was the force, and something had gone wrong, the Jedi were in battle, or worse.

John stood, his long brown hair flowing in his momentum and he turned to Xae, his green eye showing his concern. She too had noticed what was wrong and vocalized her concern, primarily for Kyp's sake.

"You can't go anywhere on your own Xae," said John, knowing what he had to do but not really sure he trusted Kyp so far just yet, "stay here with Kyp, I'll go fetch the ship."

With a slight rubbing of his wife-to-be's shoulder he sped off into the distance sweeping past meters and meters of trees. It took him nearly 30 minutes to return to the ship and going at his fullest potential of speed. His concern here was not really the whisper in the force, but his worry of Xae's security.

As he got to the ship he prepped it and took of soaring above the canopy for around 5 minutes before he stopped above Xae and Kyp. He lowered the internal platform as he stood on it going to pick up Xae and bring Kyp aboard. Once on the platform it lifted into the ship and Hartel took hs fiance to the nearest sofa as he went ot the cockpit and set in coordinates to jump to hyperspace.

Xae sat silently with Kyp, her thoughts scattered as stars among the universe, as John left to bring their ship.

She wasn't sure how she was truely feeling about all of this, but she felt inclined to at least share what had happened with her over the months of Kyp's absence.

"When you left me here, I wasn't sure why you had to leave so suddenly. I was angry, but I knew that you had your reasons. I thought that you'd come back for me, but months passed and you didn't."

Her voice was surprisingly calm and almost concealed the very strong and conflicting emotions that she felt welling up inside of her, feelings of elation that he was alive and willing to make amends for his deviation down the path of darkness; feelings of anger, hurt and abandonment still not fully gone or healed from his leaving her; feelings of great conciern for her adopted father figure and worry over what could have driven him to such a deviation, especially after all of his warnings and lectures about the Dark Side.

"I decided to continue my training here, knowing that either you would return for me, or another opportunity would present itself," She continued.

"Then three months ago, John came, bringing me news of your turn. I didn't believe him at first, but then after thinking on it, it explained why you hadn't returned for me," the young woman paused for a moment, not quite sure whether or not to tell Kyp what had happened between her and John in those three short months. She decided it was better not to tell him of the close bond she felt with John or of their plans to wed, at least not just yet.

She sat quietly waiting for Kyp to absorb everything that she'd just told him.

After he responded, they both heard the sound of a ship approaching.

Xae watched as John landed, his face slightly troubled, though the look was so subtle that only one that knew him well would catch it.

She let John carry her into the ship and then she took up her usual seat in the copilot's chair and watched as John took the ship through the launch sequences and took them in to space.

((Okay Kyp. Post here and then join us in the Space thread. I'll take first post there guys.))

psvBwny.jpg

Kyp pondered the words for a long moment. There was more unsaid, that much was certain. But what that may be wasn't his concern at the moment. He easily could have died in the crash that stranded him here, yet he lived. Xae could have rightfully stuck him down upon finding him, but she didn't. He realized the other man who was with her must be this John she referred to... and yet John too had spared him. He had a duty to fulfill, to both Xae and John. He remembered something from his childhood, a Mandalorian saying that one of his classmates had shared with him.

Family is more than blood.

No matter how they viewed him, Kyp realized that they both were his family in that sense. And he owed his life to that family... a strange feeling of peace washed over him as he came to the realization that he would die for either of them if need be. He started to curse himself for his past misgivings, but stopped.

"That is in the past. This is now... All that can be done is to make up for the past and make the future better" Kyp thought to himself.

He rose to his feet, straightened his tattered robes, and addressed Xae again.

"Xae, I am glad you didn't follow the path I did. I also appreciate the chance you're giving me. I will follow you, and John, to the ends of the Galaxy, should you allow me to come with you. I have nothing and no one else... You're the only family I've got."

As the approaching ship set the ending for the moment, Kyp watched and waited for John to approach. He tenderly carried Xae aboard, and Kyp felt a subtle nudge that he was allowed to follow. He wanted to introduce himself to the man he had forgotten to acknowledge earlier, but he felt that now was not the time, and he should be thankful to even be welcomed to come along... the time for introductions would come soon enough. Kyp silently followed John and Xae aboard, found a seat and buckled his crash webbing, and started to meditate as the ship lifted off.

Damon watched as Gavin slowly harnessed and used the force.

At first he did not even use it, however as the blaster orb moved faster and faster and Gavin's reactions increased Damon saw Gaving become submerged with in the force.

After the excercise and the sphere destoryed Gavin asked if Damon was sasitifed.

"You have done well Gavin. You did what I was expecting of you and not only that, but surpassed what I wanted from you. You have not only found the force with in yourself, but you used it to help you. You have taken your first step."

With a wave of his hand Damon recalled the light saber from Gavin and reattached it to his belt.

"What I just did was using the force to move an objecit. I would like you to do the same."

Lifting a small peble of the ground he floated it over to gavin and placed it in his hand.

"Using the force and the new found focus you have obtained I want you to lift the pebbel from your hand and rotate it around your body."

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Gavin nodded, staring at the pebble that had just landed in his hand. This would be easy. All he had to do was defy the laws of physics and move an inanimate object without using his body, but only his mind. Like he said, easy. An unknowing look crossed Gavin's face while he stared at the pebble, then let his eyes flutter closed.

While looking at the pebble, he had noticed everything about the scenery around him, every little detail. He focused on the weight in his hand, and envisioned it lifting off of its resting place in his hand and floating. He imagined the scenery around him, and the pebble drifting into the air to the exact background he had seen before, thinking this might help him. During his concentration he peeked one eye open and looked at the pebble, dismayed to find it still in his hand.

He closed his eye again, concentrating on the pebble. He had been taught that the Force was in all things, so why was this stone any different? He thought about how he had succeeded in his earlier task, anticipating the remotes moves, because he could feel it! All he had to do was find the pebble and it would be relativley simple. He began sifting through the things he had seen, attempting to locate something resembling a pebble. When he thought he had found it, he tugged on it gently with his mind, willing it to rise into the air. He envisioned it flying around his body..

He felt the weight resign from his hand and then willed the pebble to go around his body. He got excited and heard a small clank behind him. He turned quickly around to find the small stone resting on the ground behind his back. He reached down and picked it up, once again placing it in his palm. He sifted through the different things he saw until he found the pebbles uniqueness around him and envisioned it rising into the air. He felt the weight reside, then willed the pebble to go around his body.

It went slowly at first, moving barely centimeters per second, but once he reached his left thigh he gradually increased the speed. It wisked around once, twice, three times before he finally willed it back to his hand. He looked up to his master expectingly.

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

Damon watched Gavin performed his first act with the force. Granted there was doubt with in him, it wasn't becuase he was afriad but becuase he was to logical.

Gavin looked at Damon after he finished his task.

"That was good for now. We are relocating for now as I feel that maybe being in a temple with others might help encourage you to go further. We will head to Maanan until you learn the basics and you have learned those then I will show all that you need to and want to know."

Damon lead Gavin back to his ship and they both left the planet heading for Maanan.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

• 4 months later...

Shryne brought the ship down into the planets atmosphere, he wasn't having any problems with the ship, actually he felt as though he has been piloting this ship for years. He brought the ship down on the surface of the planet and once the ship touched down he powered the ship down and sat in the chair. "Guess this is were I'm gonna be staying for a bit." he walked out of the cock-pit and down the landing ramp.

As he walked down the ramp, he strapped his blaster pistol to his hip and walked around the ship. He walked back onto the ship and into the cock pit. Flipping through some of the ships features he found an anti theft feature. Activating the anti theft feature a small remote rose out of the dash board that was used to shut off the anti theft. Walking off the ship again he placed the remote into his pocket and walked away as the ships boarding ramp closed. "Maybe my grandfather was right." he said to himself as he walked away from the ship. "Maybe I should seek out the Jedi."

His grandfather was believed to be crazy by most of his family members, including his parents. Occasionally he would sneak out to see his grandfather and listen to the stories of old. Stories of Jedi Knights fighting for others and laying down their lives for innocent people, people they never knew or met before. When he was only a boy he saw his grandfather move something with out even touching it, but his grandfather denied it. He stopped and looked up at the sky and smiled "Here's for you grandfather" he said to himself as he decided to look for the Jedi to hopefully be trained.

Solen stood on the surface of Ossus, wondering if he had made a wrong turn somewhere. He looked back to Clunker, his R9 unit, to ask him if this was the right place when he noticed the droid wandering and whistling happily. He smiled at the simplistic joy the droid received just from new experiences. He didn't know that, in fact, Clunker had been here many times before with his father. He looked around to see if he could spot anything even remotely ”œJedi-like”

solen2sigcu7.png

The Ace Sabre came out of hyperspace above Ossus. Gavin Ryaro, the knewest Jedi Knight of the Order piloted the ship down and landed it in the hangar of the abandoned Jedi Temple. Though the code was old, and it was still in effect and the blast doors opened instantly. He set the ship down and walked down the landing ramp. There was a thick layer of dust, but other than that it seemed okay.

He made his way into the command center and turned on the power and sensors. He saw that there were two human figures within a fifty meter radius of the old temple. Perhaps they were searching for something. He used to Force to probe out into the forest, searching for their minds. He could feel that they were potentially Force-sensitive. He sent out a call to them with the Force.

I am here. If you find me, you will learn. Follow your instinct...

gavinryaro1.jpg

As Solen walked alongside Clunker, he reached out and touched his surroundings. He noted that he felt some sort of strange reverberation coming from the things on this planet. Solen heard faint whispers that sounded as if they were coming from within his head. He looked around, puzzled, to see if he could locate the sound's source somewhere around him. He turned to Clunker and asked the little R9 if he had heard that noise. Clunker beeped and whistled at him quizzically as if to ask him what he was talking about. He shrugged at Clunker and walked alongside him.

Shortly after he felt the reverberations again. He gathered that they were coming from some sort of central location here on the planet. He wondered if the reverberations were the force trying to tell him something. He stopped, sat down, and focused, as his father's holocron had told him in the past. He shut off all outside influence and began to meditate, trying to focus on the reverberations he felt. As he sat there, he began to see the reverberations in the force. He sought and sought until he found a massive concentration of force energy. 'That's gotta be the place,' he thought to himself as he started to stand.

He opened his eyes and noticed that he could still see some of the reverberations. He looked down to Clunker and said, "I think I may have found the temple, I'm going to go on ahead. Either meet me there or back at the ship, your choice." With that, he took off with an unusual burst of speed towards the strongest reverberation, hoping to reach it before he lost it's location. It wasn't long until he came upon what looked like a dilapidated, run-down temple of some sort. 'THIS is the Jedi Temple?' he questioned in his mind.

He ran his hand along it's side as he walked and felt a constant, strong reverberation coming from it. He pulled his hand back and rubbed his fingers together, trying to understand this feeling. He heard the noise of an electronic motor slowly moving closer to him and turned to see that Clunker had caught up to him. "You used your jets didn't you?" he asked the little R9 unit, to which Clunker whistled happily at. He laughed and shook his head, then patted the R9 on the dome before continuing his examination of the temple. He noticed that there was another, wholly separate reverberation coming from inside, and wondered if that was the voice he heard. He also felt another reverberation nearby that put him on guard, for he had yet to discover it's origin.

solen2sigcu7.png

As Gavin was standing in the command center he could feel one of the presences drawing closer. As he was waiting it suddenly hit him. Another great wave of pain. It was as if billions of voices cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. He fell to the floor, shivering. It was as if his world had turned up side down. Everything around him shook. He let out a brutle scream, trying to lessen the pain, but nothing worked.

Slowly he brought himself up to his feet. He steadied himself with a chair and sunk into it. It was Corellia all over again. He accessed a holonet terminal and pulled up the first page he saw. There was a headline stating that thirteen planets in the outer rim. Billions and billions of people gone in an instant. People of these times would suffer much, if they survived it would only make them stronger.

gavinryaro1.jpg

As he walked through the halls of the seemingly abandoned Jedi Temple, he took note of the years of dust caked on things. He looked around, trying to see if anyone was around at all. "Hello? Is anyone he--" he started to yell before abruptly stopping. He smacked himself on the forehead and thought to himself, 'The presence you detected might not even be there, and if they are, all possiblity is that they could be an enemy.'

He was continuing his search through the temple when he felt a ground-shattering reverberance in the force. His knees buckled and he fell down into an archway. He gathered all his strength to curl up into a protective position and cover his head. It felt as if the entire temple was about to come down on top of him as he sat there, curled up. He sat there for a minute before cracking one eye open to see if he was still alive. He patted himself down, to verify he was still in one piece, then looked around to notice that nothing had moved. The temple didn't have so much as an uprising in the floor, it had just stayed in the same condition it had been before.

He raised an eyebrow, shrugged, then began searching more cautiously than before. He finally came upon a large room filled with a plethora of control panels, and assumed that this would be the control room. He walked over towards the controls, noticing that some of them happened to be on, totally oblivious to the man sitting there in the chair. He turned to see Gavin sitting in a chair, reading some news on the holonet. He turned away and started walking around the room, examining all of his surroundings thoroughly.

"Were you the voice that I heard a while ago?" he asked offhandedly, still examining everything in the room. "Or are you just here setting up traps for unsuspecting victims? Perhaps you're trying to find some stuff to loot?" He paused for a moment then finally said, "Well whatever you're doing here, the name is Solen Darkstrider, I'm looking for someone to teach me in the ways of the force. Know where I can find someone like that?"

solen2sigcu7.png

Shryne was walking towards what looked like a ruined building it seemed as though something was calling him towards the building. He stood outside the building, he looked around not seeing anything or anyone in sight. "Wonder what happened here." he said to himself as he continued to walk around the building. Keeping his hand on his blaster he didn't know why but he had the feeling he wasn't alone. He turned the corner to see a man walking with a droid, bringing his blaster up, he lowered himself to the ground hiding behind some rubble. He followed the man and his droid from a distance until he felt something tugging at him. He found a way into the temple through a hole in the wall, the lights were flickering which meant that some security devices are still active.

His grip on the blaster tightened as he walked through the hall ways, things didn't look to well on the inside either. It seemed to Shryne that a battle or some sort of fight broke out here, as he walked down the hall ways one of the blaster turrets came out of the ceiling and shot a few rounds at Shryne. Rolling out of the way and letting off a well placed shot he stood up and looked around, "Better be careful" he said to himself.. He heard a voice but it was distant from where he was, he headed in the direction the scream came from to see a man standing at the control panel. Quickly bringing up the blaster and aiming for the mans back he yelled "Don't move! Slowly turn around" His grip on the blaster was firm as the man started to turn around. "Who are you? What are you doing here? What is this place?" he asked the man.

Though Gavin felt numb from the shock, he could still feel the approach of the two figures he now identified as men. They both appeared at the same time, speaking simultaneously. Though he could feel their approach he wasn't prepared for them to be this close. He spun around in the chair, automatically reaching out in the Force to rip the blaster away from one of his assliants. He used the Force to send both of the men flying back into the control panels. He slowly appraoched the two figures.

"I'm sorry, in the confusion I lost what you two were saying. Perhaps you could refresh my memory..."

Eyeing the one he had ripped the blaster from, he continued, "...without the threats perhaps?"

gavinryaro1.jpg

He groaned on the ground as he rolled to get up. He hadn't expected the man to attack him, seeing as he was only trying to figure out what was going on. He slowly started to stand, cursing all the way. Clunker came around the corner just in time to see Solen slam into the control panels and whistled in an astonished tone.

"Slag! Did you absolutely have to do that? I knew force users were cautious but cripes, man." He groaned as he stretched and tried to work out the pain. He slowly limped back towards what he assumed was a force user and bowed politely.

"Lets try this again. I am Solen Darkstrider, and you are?" he said as calmly and pleasantly as he could. He didn't want to invite this man's wrath upon him again, so he had decided to tread lightly.

He slowly moved one hand to rest on the hilt of one of his cortosis blades and held it there. "I'm not here to fight you, but you will understand if that put me on guard a little. For one thing, I hadn't even really detected the other one here, so I don't know what his agenda was."

He glanced out of his peripheral at the other man in the room, wondering what he was doing here and why he had pointed a blaster at this man. He quickly regained his senses and focused his attention back onto the man before him. He smiled warmly and backed up away from the man, slowly removing his hand from the hilt of his blade. Clunker quickly rolled over to him and began looking over him, whistling and beeping worriedly.

solen2sigcu7.png

After crashing into the control panel he laid on the floor gasping for air. With the wind knocked out of him it was hard for him to stand but when he finale caught his breath he stood up and stared at the man who had thrown him across the room. "Sorry for that he said" He cracked his neck and looked at the other man who shot a quick glance at him, looking the man and his droid over he started to speak again. "My name...my name is Roan Shryne, you can call me Shryne though."

He reached for his blaster taking away from the man who pulled it from him "Sorry about that....Can't be too careful you know?" He stared at the ground for a while before he spoke again. "I made a blind jump into hyperspace and ended up here, thought I would do some sight seeing." He said in a low voice. He holstered the blaster to his hip but kept his hand on it. "I'm searching for a Jedi as well" He said as he looked up at the man again. "Now who are you?" He asked.

Gavin smiled as both of them mentioned searching for a Jedi. He had known that both of them were here for that, but it was refreshing to hear them say it. Jedi apprentices were becoming more and more avaliable, and the need for some knights to train two was becoming necassary. These two looked like they had good head's on their shoulders, and Gavin knew that it was the will of teh Force for him to train them.

"I just happen to know a Jedi around these parts, but if you are to find him and train with him, you must first complete a few tasks for me."

Gavin smiled as he continued. "The first of these tasks is for you to choose your path. The three paths are the Jedi Guardian, the Jedi Sentinel, and the Jedi Counsular. The Jedi around these parts is a Sentinel, so now listen well as I explain them.

Jedi Guardian- This is the Knight Protector of the Jedi Order. The Guardian acts as the shield to protect the others in the order. They are the first into battle, and often do the dirty work. They wear the strongest armor, obtained themselves or crafted by a skilled Consular. They are to be considered extraordinarily durable, having developed methods with the force to survive in the most impossible conditions. Guardians have a tendency to be exceedingly hard to kill, having bodies like steel and determination to match. They can learn means of protecting themselves, to reflect the pain of a wound onto its cause, and to become a hand of the Unifying Force.

The Guardian seeks Harmony with the Body.

Jedi Sentinel- This is the diplomatic face of the Jedi Order. Sentinels are generally charismatic, negotiators for the Jedi. They are crafty, and though they prefer in peaceful conflict resolution they are more than prepared to end one by less peaceable means. He is tactical, quick, and elusive; dependant on the unexpected. Many of his skills have to do with robbing the enemy of his strengths, to make him an easier target to subdue. He will use Mind Tricks, Masquerade, Illusionry, and, at times, the Strength of others to complete their missions. The Sentinel is a mediator, and his mastery of the force is focused primarily on restriction of the enemy's mind.

The Sentinel Seeks Harmony with the Mind.

Jedi Consular- The Consular is the heart of the Jedi Order. They hold the supporting roles, mending and providing for the greater part of the order. Their skills are usually visible to the eye, being able to use the force to achieve effects that would be otherwise impossible. They can do many things to aid their comrades, healing their wounds, unleashing their abilities via Symbiotic equipment, or harnessing the power of the light side itself. Consulars can specialize in several different fields, including Thaumaturgy, Healing, and Symbiosis.

The Consular seeks Harmony with the Light Side of the Force.

Jedi Naturalist- The life of the worlds we live in is the business of the Naturalist. Non-sentient beings are perfect in their minds, for they are the only beings that will create harmony of their own accord. And so it becomes the duty of the Naturalist Jedi to try to maintain this most delicate balance of nature, through a deep understanding and control of it. Reviving dead worlds, ravaged by war and urban destruction, is their endless duty. The Naturalist has many ways of harnessing Nature, from befriending animals, to manipulating plants, to creating entirely new species of plant to help protect the delicate Harmony.

The Naturalist, of course, seeks harmony with Nature.

Jedi Ace- Harnessing the power of science is the duty of the Jedi Ace. As the technology of the galaxy becomes ever more powerful, it became an obvious leap to learn to control it in ways that a forceless mind could not. The Ace is named for his exceptional Piloting skill, but is hardly limited to that application. The Ace has an incredible knack for machinery, being able to analyze it with the force and quickly decipher mechanics. They can imbue force into technology, allowing them considerable engineering skills that far surpasses and confounds any normal creation. Lastly, and most amazingly, they can find force signatures inside some Artificial Intelligences.

The Jedi Ace seeks Harmony with Machine.

Jedi Exorcist- The Exorcists are a group of Jedi made from necessity, for as the Sith grow in power--so must the Jedi learn to combat them. The exorcists are a select group of elites, whose order is scarcely known of. Their powers are great, but their uses are restricted to one purpose alone: The eradication of the Dark Side. To become an Exorcist, one must first take a Trial of Exorcism, a rigorous test that can only be given by an existing Exorcist--a means of keeping the dangerous hands only in those who would be fit to use them properly. In passing this trial, they earn the power to Exorcise the Dark Side, an ability that takes many forms.

The Exorcist seeks Harmony with the Dark Side of the Force.

For now we will stop with my explanation, and I will be open to questions about anything you wish to know before you start your training, but I will have to ask one of you. Which path is yours. Do not be afraid to take time in this descion, as it will effect how you are trained."

Gavin leaned back in his chair, waiting to see how these two knew hopefuls responded to all this information.

Edited by Guest

gavinryaro1.jpg

Shryne listened the man who was now sitting in a chair looking back at them as though he was looking for something. "I thought all the Jedi were the same or equal in some ways." He sat down from where he was standing and started to think. 'Guardian, Sentinel, Jedi Consular. The guardian is more like the back bone of the Jedi if that's what he's saying. The sentinel likes to talk before fighting. The Consular is the heart of the order he says. They also have crafting skills something I don't have' he thought to himself.

He closed his eyes to try and calm his mind and his soul. When he opened his mind it seemed that he found peace in everything around him and everything that has happened in the past. "Your the Jedi that is around these parts, for if you weren't you wouldn't of been able to of thrown us the way you did." He stood up and studied the man "I've made my decision and that would be the Jedi Sentinel" He looked at the man with his droid "what do you chose?" He asked him.

Edited by Guest

"Interesting, I knew Jedi had different duties but I didn't know there were specific castes. I think I shall follow my uncle's path, the path of the Guardian. It sounds more like a fit to my abilities anyhow."

He looked down at Clunker as he beeped solemnly at Solen's decision. Clunker had worried about him ever since his father had given him the order to watch over Solen. Solen understood Clunker's worries about the path he has chosen and rubbed his dome lovingly to reassure him. He looked back to the other two in the room and smiled warmly.

"I won't be so assuming as to say you are the Jedi I seek, but you do know quite a bit about them. Not to mention, you're adeptness with the force. So lets just see where this takes us."

solen2sigcu7.png