Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

Xae Lin looked slightly uncomfortable at the thought of leaving, but she knew that it was time to move on, especially if she was supposed to walk the path of the Jedi. ”œAre we going to take the Redemption or your ship?”

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Xae-Lin nodded, sad to leave her home behind for now but eager to begin a new adventure with her mentor. ”œI'd like to stop by the ship and pick up a few things from the Redemption though, first.”

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

John knew the stuff she would have to gather would take a few minutes and with that he rushed as fast as he could across the Ossus Desert. It took a great many minutes for him to trek the land he did when he had landed but once to his ship he quickly departed and came back to camp where Xae was still gathering things. He emptied out as much as he could from the room in the back of the sip and organized the cargo hold for her stuff as well.

He went over to Xae and held her at the hips and began to talk to her in her ear with a short whisper.

"The ships ready."

He kissed her on her neck and went to the ship prepping it for take off.

Xae-Lin emerged from the Redemption with her clothes bundled in a cloth sack, the purple crystal that Kyp had entrusted her with, a copy of Kyp's log files that she'd downloaded into a datapad and had erased from the ship's memory banks so that they wouldn't be stumbled upon by other parties.

She walked over to Hartel's ship and sat her bundle down next to her mentor. The crystal she wore around her neck along with her blue clay necklace, that she'd worn since she was young.

Casting one final look at the ship that held so many dear memories for her, she knew that it was time to say good bye to her past. She watched as R2 went into stand by mode and was loaded into the ship's cargo area by Hartel. She climbed into the cockpit, tucking her pack under one of the consoles.

Before the pair took off, Xae-Lin suddenly hopped back out of the ship and walked over to the Redemption.

As she carefully undid the cord that held her clay necklace, Xae-Lin Ardel said a silent good-bye to her past. The necklace was the last remaining tie that she'd kept from her time in Dathomir. It was time to let it go.

”œFarewell Kyp, please take care”¦where ever you are,”

Edited by Guest

psvBwny.jpg

Kyp woke again with a start as acrid raindrops pelted him mercilessly. Confused, he slowly sat up and surveyed his surroundings once more. Wreckage from a Lambda-Class shuttle was strewn about the grotto... Kyp couldn't remember how he managed to survive the crash, nor what accursed planet he was on.

Come to think of it, I can't remember...

Kyp looked down at the Lightsaber clipped to his belt. It seemed a familiar thing to him, but he had no actual memory of how he obtained it... Had he built it? Was he a Jedi or a Sith? He could remember his name, and some vague childhood memories, but beyond that...

I can't remember... I have to get out of here, find some answers somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

((NPC))

Kyp's crash hadn't gone unnoticed. A dark figure watched him as she moved about the wreckage of his ship, taking stock of his injuries and attempting to figure things out.

One thing the figure hoped the stranger didn't realize was that he'd landed on a dig site that the treasure-seeker had hoped would be fruitful. The man's sharp eyes locked on to the hilt of the lightsaber clipped to the belt of the surviving man, praying that he wasn't a sith lord.

The man that watched Kyp Durron, was merely a treasure-seeker, but one that would do his best to defend himself if this man was indeed a sith lord. For now, he would continue to observe the one with the lightsaber.

psvBwny.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Kyp picked his way through the rubble, looking for anything salvagable, yet finding nothing. He was lost on this strange planet, without even so much as a clue as to where he was... Just as well he supposed.

It's not like I can wish myself out of this hell hole...

He decided to head west as the sun crested the horizon. If there's anything he hated worse than being lost, it was hiking into the sun. He had gotten about 150 yards when he stopped short... it felt like something was watching him, though he hadn't heard anything.

Strange... almost like hearing without hearing. Like the faint whisper of a warning, alerting him to the fact that something wasn't quite right. He shrugged it off, and contiunued westward...

((NPC))

The man followed the mysterious crash victim's path through the grotto and continued to monitor the possible Sith or Jedi carefully and at a distance.

Unfortunately he hadn't gotten too far before he was grabbed from behind and found himself staring down the business end of several blasters.

He barely had time to open his mouth before a single shot was fired, thereby ending his life.

The band of mercenary artifact hunters then radioed back to their base, only to find out that another ship had landed recently as well, bearing two more Jedi. Their instructions were to follow this pne and make sure that the two groups didn't meet up.

Another group was sent to dispatch with the other two Jedi.

((IC))

Xae-Lin kissed John as he took over the controls to land the ship, before she disappeared into the master bedroom again and rummaged around in her pack from the Redemption finally pulling out a lightsaber hilt.

She took a moment to examine the familiar hilt. Kyp had given her the amber-yellow lightsaber shortly after the council had granted him permission to train her as his Padawan. She had used it with the training droid that Kyp had also left with her. She hadn't used it since the day before John had arrived, and once she'd received the lightsaber from him, she'd hidden this one away, as though she were trying to put Kyp's abandonment behind her.

Now was the time to face that part of her past, and hopefully to help Kyp as well, should he need it. There was still a part of her that refused to believe that he'd ever returned to the dark side.

As her thoughts dwelled on Kyp, she clipped the third lightsaber to her hip, opposite from where she'd clipped both her newly constructed lightsaber and the one that John had given her.

She didn't know what awaited them on this visit to Ossus, but she sensed that it would be wise not to take any chances. So with that thought, she also strapped her knife and sheath to her left thigh along with her blaster. The tunic she was wearing had slits in the skirted portion so that the fabric fell back over the knife's sheath, hiding it from view while at the same time allowing the freedom of movement that she'd need for fighting.

She also took a few moments to grab her hair sticks and quickly secured her long hair in a wrapping twist, secured by the two mahogany-colored sticks.

Xae re-entered the cockpit just as John had begun the final approach to the landing, and she sat in the co-pilot's seat as he brought the ship down. She sat in silence for a few moments as he powered down the vessel.

She rose from her seat and activated the door controls, breathing in the familiar smell of the planet as she stepped blinking into the sun lit clearing.

The young woman took a moment to attune herself once more to the planet's surface. She could easily feel John's warm presence behind her, as well as the immediate area. Continuing to relax her mind as she searched out her former master, her mind solely focused on that task, Xae-lin failed to register the armed party that was moving through the area.

She felt that she was close to sensing his presence when a shot from a blaster hit her in the shoulder, causing her to fall back within the protection of the ship as several others plinked off of the surface of the outer hull of the ship.

Xae raised her good hand, signaling that she was okay and that the bolt hadn't hit squarely with her shoulder. She allowed herself to get past the burning pain as she concentrated on using the force to begin its healing work on the minor wound.

After a few seconds, she rose and drew her lightsaber as well as the one that Kyp had given her, allowing her focus to broaden a bit so that she wouldn't repeat her mistake of not being aware of everything in her surroundings. She looked to John, signaling that she was ready to fight and incapacitate their attackers.

Edited by Guest

psvBwny.jpg

It was not long before the ship had touched down upon the ashen plain of the Ossus surface. It was just as they had left it, desolate. John knew thye had to return here, but a gut feeling had been telling him this was all a bad idea. Something here was wrong, something new that perhaps he had overlooked last time.

Either way the Jedi Knight slid out from the controls when the ship landed in step with his beautiful fiance. Yet the day had not allowed them peace, and the karma of what had been so good to them now returned in full with bad to equalize their pleasant time. A blaster shot rang out and hit Xae in the arm. A blast of anxiety swelled up in John and he had the immediate notion to aid her wound. But before he acted he caught himself. She needed to practice her abilities, and though it may seem as helping her, it would only downplay her ability in the force.

John did what he could however and drew out his dual bladed cyan lightsaber, something Xae had yet to see. adn she pulled out somehting new as weel. An amber colored saber, one John had not seen nor noticed in the past. He looked at it peculiarly and made a note to ask of its orgins after this battle was through.

"C'mon Xae, I think they may be camping in those trees of there." said John as he reached out with the force and sensed some beings beyond their line of vision.

Sometimes the best way for us to escape a trap is for us to fall into it. Let them bring us where they wish us to be, if we are to know the true mission beyond these attacks we will go through the ranks as they wish us too. If you feel it necessary I will lead darling.

John's saber glared in front of him and without warning he leapt in front of his bride to be brandishing his saber threateningly deflecting a barrage of blaster bolts as they came to him. This was not in the least challenging, their lasers were low powered, not enough to cause serious injury. John wondered at their tactics for a moment, but with the amount he was concentrating on the situation he had little time to think on it.

He began to move forward moving in turn each of them moving their line back. meeting less and less resistance as they moved forward.

Xae, is it just me or do you sense another force sensetive here?

Xae stepped back as John jumped in front of her, his lightsaber a blur of light as it deflected bolts from the couple. She kept guard on his back as he pressed forward, with her deflecting a few bolts herself as some of the mercenaries attempted to regroup and recover.

She pulled a few more blasters from their assailants and gave them the same treatment as before, the mangled and slashed weapons falling behind the pair leaving a trail denoting their passing.

Yes. And I'd know that presence anywhere. It's Kyp. I don't really since things one way or the other with him, but perhaps I am allowing my personal hopes and feelings in the matter color my perceptions. I don't intend on dropping my guard, no matter what happens. She responded, force pushing a few of the mercenaries back and into a tree or two, rendering them unconscious, but otherwise uninjured.

Should I take the lead or do you wish me to direct you? I've felt him strongly since we arrived. She added, unsure of how strongly John was aware of her former master's presence.

psvBwny.jpg

John was deflecting lasers left and right, he could feel a presence in the force besides the two, but it was not dark nor light, it was a bemused figure nothing of allegiance to weither side. Such a strange that must be and John wondered what would happen when they rendevous with him.

Xae sent him a message and he knew that her instincts were true, it was the Presence of Kyp Durron, he felt a similar presence in his own master once and it explained his similar personal aura immediately.

Take lead darling, you are the only hop he hs at redemption, he will not know me, but perhaps you can change him.

Xae nodded as she and John rotated as one to allow her to take lead, deflecting fire as they did so. This way John

Unfortunately her path took them through a group of the mercenaries that she'd just disarmed.

Not pleased with the destruction of their primary weapons that had given them an advantage against the two Jedi, the five seemingly disarmed men rounded on the couple, drawing vibroblades as they advanced.

As the five rounded to encircle them, with three facing Xae, rightly deeming her the weaker and less experienced of the two combatants, the couple remained in their back to back stance.

The first three all lunged for Xae at the same time, each seeking a different target. Thinking quickly she crossed her blades and twisted her body, diverting the vibroblades from their intended targets. Xae also took a step forward with her right foot as she did this and delivered a kick to the chest of her rightmost opponent, sending him backwards.

Continuing the reverse momentum from the kick off the chest of the first guy, she back-kicked with the same foot her leftmost adversary, untwisting and pushing both him and the center attacker back away from her as she switched places with John so that the odds were a little more in her favor.

”œWe have no quarrel with you, the only thing we seek here is a person. It would be in your best interests to leave now.”

psvBwny.jpg

John gained his guidance from the force and instead of leaping through the trees he seemed to glide wth precision, swiping enemy after eemy as though they were butter. Each of them showed little rsistance, but their resolve to fight John and Xae seemed to have doubled over time. Nothing could have prepared them for the onslaught on a couple of heavily in love Jedi knocking on their doors and John continued to watch Xae in the force as they rummaged through the enemy.

Her form was magnificent, flawless to some probably. John was pleased to see she was taking a hold on her own. And even stered the unending foes to stop for a moment.

C'mon Xae lets get to Kyp.

John dashed through the trees, this time the foes did not follow and he and Xae went at an incredible speed for the next couple of minutes when John came to a halt as he was a bit ahead of Xae to warn her of any danger.

I FOUND HIM!

The shuttle made way though the atmosphere and to the planet side of the world known as Ossus. This world was somthing that had become like second home to the jedi master. He had trained more than one padawan here. He himself was even trained as a padawan here. Things have not changed over the years here on this planet. It has remained hidden to most of the galaxy. A few jedi know of it. That among other reasons have made this planet the sanactry of jedi. Well that and the fact the force on this world is as strong as Illum.

The ship landed some distince from the old jedi temple in a clearing with the forest to the north and one of the numerous moutins to the west. The two exited the ship. Once touching the ground Damon breathed deep and let it out in one large sigh.

"Ah how I have missed this planet. Welcome Gavin, this is Ossus. It is here I shall train you in the way of the force and help you achive the peace within yourself that you can find if you want it. Before we go any further however, I would like to know what do you know of the force actually?"

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Just as John made his announcement, yet another barrage of fire assaulted the couple.

”œOh screw this!”

Edited by Guest

psvBwny.jpg

Gavin shurgged at the man.

"I grew up on Coruscant, so naturally, I know that Jedi use their powers to lift objects and things of that nature. Other than that, I know nothing."

((Edit- Sorry for the short post. Once we really start training, I'll post lengthier posts.))

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

"Well lets work on some things then. The force. Belive it or not while most jedi hold differnt belifes to what the force is spirtually, from a scince point of view the force when it comes down to is determined by organisms that are in every living thing. Most have enough to surive, however those that use the force poses more. We all have a preset number of these organisms call michoclidarns."

Damon did have a matter of not clairifying things, but he did know what he was speaking of.

"Now even if you have the highest michocloirnds count in the galaxy, if your not in balance with yourself, you will not be able to do a single thing with the force. This is why even though we can explain how we use the force via organisms and traing of the mind and knowledge of which thought proceses to use we must strive to find the calm and peace with in ourselfs. It is when we have control over ourselfs can we truly begin to control the events around us."

Looking at his padawan Damon sighed. He was not the best person to explain this matter, he was more suited to helping with matters that involved more political matters and even more spirtual means.

"For now I will tell you one more thing, well maybe three. In the order while many jedi know many things, when it comes down to it all jedi fall in to three types. Jedi Guardian- This is the Knight Protector of the Jedi Order.

The Guardian acts as the shield to protect the others in the order. They are the first into battle, and often do the dirty work. They wear the strongest armor, obtained themselves or crafted by a skilled Consular. They are to be considered extraordinarily durable, having developed methods with the force to survive in the most impossible conditions. Guardians have a tendency to be exceedingly hard to kill, having bodies like steel and determination to match. They can learn means of protecting themselves, to reflect the pain of a wound onto its cause, and to become a hand of the Unifying Force.

Jedi Sentinel- This is the diplomatic face of the Jedi Order. Sentinels are generally charismatic, negotiators for the Jedi. They are crafty, and though they prefer in peaceful conflict resolution they are more than prepared to end one by less peaceable means. He is tactical, quick, and elusive; dependant on the unexpected. Many of his skills have to do with robbing the enemy of his strengths, to make him an easier target to subdue. He will use Mind Tricks, Masquerade, Illusionry, and, at times, the Strength of others to complete their missions. The Sentinel is a mediator, and his mastery of the force is focused primarily on restriction of the enemy's mind.

Jedi Consular- The Consular is the heart of the Jedi Order. They hold the supporting roles, mending and providing for the greater part of the order. Their skills are usually visible to the eye, being able to use the force to achieve effects that would be otherwise impossible. They can do many things to aid their comrades, healing their wounds, unleashing their abilities via Symbiotic equipment, or harnessing the power of nature itself. Consulars can specialize in several different fields, including Thaumaturgy, Healing, Symbiosis, and Naturalism."

"For now lets take a break from me explaining. Now I will open up to questions, but I will ask you for one yourself. What class from what I spoke of would you like to aim for."

Gavin listened closely as his master explained the three classes of Jedi: The Guardian, the Consular, and the Sentinel. The three classes all had things that appealed to him, though one in particular stood out to him: the Sentinel. He had gotten by in life with his ability to trick others into doing his dirty work, and though he wasn't proud of it, it would come in handy. The Guardian just didn't seem to fit. Too much action was never good for anyone, and it seemed like doing someone else's dirty work wouldn't sit to well with Gavin. The Consular was just too passive. There was an extent to which one should go in order to preserve the peace, and being a healer just didn't appeal to that sense.

Gavin brought his head up from a few moments of deep thought. This decision would be one that would impact the rest of his life. He waited for another few minutes, just to make sure that this was really what he wanted. His blue eyes rose up to meet his master's.

”œThe way of the Jedi Sentinel is the path that I choose.”

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

"Well then I will do everything with in my means to help you reach your goal. I myself am a Consular. Granted this class is more passive I have more going for me than your average Consular. In the mean time however lets focus on starting you down your path to the force."

Damon with a gesture lead his padawan away from the ship. They walked in silence. They moved from the forest to a valley. Along their journey the wind blew, the sun shined, and the ground shaked only slightly. Animals could be heard off in the distince. Damon was welcomed and glad to be back to the place that had become his home.

The pair neared the waterfall where Damon had inteneded them to be. Stoping near the waters edge Damon stopped and turned around.

"Ok this will do. Before we go further. I pose a simple question what did you do as we came here? Your answer here will tell me how far and hard you will have to travel to become a jedi.

Gavin pondered the question. He stared at the rushing waterfall, the white mist bubbling off of it. It was beautiful. What had he done on their way to this beautiful place.

"Well, we walked. I thought about what you told me so far. I enjoyed the beauty of this planet, and I thought about my future. With the Jedi, with the galaxy, and how it all be entertwined. Was I supposed to be doing something different?"

Gavin wondered if he had messed up already...He had barely begun his training, and he felt like he had just been born.

gavinryaro1.jpg

Damon smiled but for only a moment before he sighed.

"No you were not supposed to be doing anything else. The force was supposed to be doing somthing actually. You see this planet is considered second strongest with a pull of the force. I was hoping along the way you would feel and see what I did or at least a glimer. I guess however for you to see the glimer you eyes must be open."

Looking at Gavin it was plain that he was confused.

"I do not mean the things in your sockets, but you must be attuned to the force. The first thing you will learn is how to become one with force. I want you to close your eyes. Then focus on your surrondings. Once you have found your focus you will then feel the force. From there you will know what to do. Do not worry the force will guide you."

((*Pokes Kyp and John with a stick* (okay...perhaps my glave would be more effective) Do you live?))

((NPC))

"Fall back, they've been diverted from the target area for now. Just be prepared to defend the area if they get too nosy."

The team leader nodded to his unseen commander and motioned his team back.

psvBwny.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Gavin nodded, a little unsure about what was being asked of him. He let his eyes flutter closed, then looked inward. He felt a lot of things. Memories he had tried to block out came back without warning. He could feel living things all around him, flowing through him. The tree, the rocks, the plants, the insects, the animals big and small. They all seemed to play a part in the grand scheme of things.

Gavin thought about what else Damon had said, about finding his focus. What was his focus. Gavin reached out again, finding a singular thing and focusing in on it. It was a small rodent, and a vision of food instantly came to Gavin. He reached out to another presence, a plant. Visions of sunlight and water burst on his mind.

Next he came to himself. He looked down deep, deep as he could. Visions of laser swords and evil men came to him. Was this his desinty? To fight these evil men. He pushed these thoughts away, then sought to clear his mind. He let all his fears trickle away, flowing out of him, and the planet embraced them, allowing him clarity of mind. He felt...open, as if he was ready to recieve the things being pushed upon him. He could more clearly sense the things around him. Was this what his master was talking about?

gavinryaro1.jpg

Damon felt the journey taking place with in Gavin. He had began his first steps to the pressence where he discover his own path. In the mean time though he had to make corrections.

"You can stop Gavin. That is enough. You have completed my task. We will now move you to somthing that might help you do the other that I wish. You did brush the force. You found it, but you could not harness it."

Walking over to his pack Damon removed a small blaster orb and helmet containing a blinder plate. He threw the helmet to Gavin. He then walked over and unclipped his lightsaber.

"You will do your best to stop the blaster bolts with this light saber. It is a simple practice. You have focus, but you lack the willingness it seems. This will help you be able to touch and use the force much easier. However do be careful as a light saber can kill."

Damon activited the blast orb and handed Gaving his blue lightsaber. He now waited for Gavin to go through the excersise.

• 2 weeks later...

((I think Kyp may have left, perhaps we should move on without his storyline. So we can finally finish this training.))

John looked to his fiance ad noticed that the man who looke dlike Kyp then changed into a form of a changeling. They had been decieved, and who they thought they had found had made a drastic change and proved them both to be idiotic. Leaping from under Xae the creature gave John the finger and ran off into the distance sweeping back through the trees and out of sight. John ran to his to be wife and brought her to her feet, holding her at a distance and staring into her vibrant eyes.

"Are you ok? That was a nasty trick they played on us, I have half a mind to go after the changeling. But perhaps it was only coincidence. Besides, I can't even feel Kyp anymore. He may have never been here, we only wanted him to be, our emotions clouded our judgement, a harsh lesson indeed."

John moved his hands to hold his lovers and his eyes gleamed as he stared at her.

EDIT: KYP posted so I changed some things.

Edited by Guest