Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

At the same time, Ara was readying things in her own ship, preparing to make the jump into space to head for Gala.

"Mother, I remember him," Sanare said, finally speaking up after a relatively lengthy silence. "He and Master Colos were your friends."

"Are my friends, Sanare, are," Ara corrected the sword. "I just haven't seen them for a while. In any case, I appreciate that you were quiet just then."

"I could tell you needed the time to talk, Mother," Sanare said. "I am connected with you, I know these things."

Eh, good point. "Either way, I appreciate it." Ara pulled the ship up and began heading into space. "Onto Gala for us, then! Ikou!"

With that, Ara's ship disappeared into a hyper jump.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

An encrypted comm comes in for Damon, with instructions to meet up with the rest of his department at Myrkr at the soonest available time. Coordinates were also included to lead to the secret base.

((Go ahead and finish the thing with Bladesman...or not if you don't wish. Just...find your way to Myrkr. ))

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Damon recived the COM from Master Aryian and let out a low sigh.

"I understand that the options I presented to you was slim and that you would need some time. In the meantime we will go where are now summoned. We will go from there as needed. In the mean time lets be off."

The two jedi loaded into there small ship and headed to the ship that would take them where they were summoned.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

• 2 months later...

Orsi went back into his batered ship, unsure what the future held for him since he had neglected finding a master after Aryian, but felt nearly sure that something big was about to happen.

As the spacecraft rose, Orsi told the droid to plot the nearest Jedi enclave end to take him there. Moments later the loud hum of the hyperspace engine propelled the Padawan through space to take him closer to a Master.

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

Remember these principles my child

And you shall never be led astray.

• 1 month later...

(OOC: I've been gone for a while, but I'm back. I'm picking up where he left off if that's okay.)

"There is balance in everything... Just as the Light Side of the Force cannot exist without the dark, I believe that this Crystal is a Light Side Artifact, just as the Kaiburr Crystal was of Sith Origins. The Holocron spoke of this Artifact as being ancient, and was used to enhance Jedi Battle Meditation in the great Sith War. With any luck, it will help us in the coming war with the New Empire. Keep it safe, Xae..."

Xae stared as Kyp's form started to fade before her eyes.

"Xae... You have done well in the short time I have actually trained you in techniques and how to feel and use the Force. What you don't know, is that I have been teaching you little things all these years... All those talks about the Galaxy and how all life is tied together... About how Honor, Peace, and Wisdom are important... all of those are truths that are rooted in the Force. Every Jedi feels the Force... Every Jedi seeks Knowledge, which you have... And Every Jedi must face their Destiny. And now I must face mine... The Force has called to me... And I must answer that call. You will be safe here Xae... The Redemption is repaired, and she's yours now, should you decide to leave Ossus. I will come back for you... I promise."

Kyp's form faded into a shadow, and then into nothingness... Xae set about to right the Camp, and then she needed to meditate... She had choices before her, and for the first time in her life, freedom...

Xae-Lin couldn't help but feel a little lost and abandoned by her friend and master. What had happened to make Kyp leave me like this? she wondered as she clutched the crystal in her hands. And why did he entrust this to my care? I haven't the first clue how to get it to work. She quickly pondered her chances of getting back to the Jedi Headquarters safely with the artifact. Kyp charged her with keeping the crystal safe, and what safer place then with the council? Still, something tugged at her mind. Why hadn't he just taken it to the council himself? Was there some sort of training with it that she was supposed to complete on her own first? So many questions and, as always, so few answers.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

It had been quite some time since Hartel had been back to Ordo and after this long absence he was happily content with the outcome of his leisure. He was pronounced a full Lord upon his return and claimed to become the future Mandalore of the Mandalorian people. Overall, the one thing that Hartel could take the most from these past few months was but one word.

Perseverance.

His people were blown away to the brink of extinction and Hartel had once feared he was going to be the last of a dying breed. That was determined to not be true, and John's surprise at their actions and resurgence of numbers invigorated him. It was time to find himself an apprentice and pass on what he has learned to them and the planet of Ossus has been streaming of an untapped potential in John's dreams for days now. The Mandalorian StarViper soared planetward and descended slowly.

Upon first impressions, Ossus was nothing more than a desolate deserted red sanded land. Nothing of any importance laid upon its surface rather than the ancient Jedi Library of olde. Why there would be a force sensitive or any life on this planet other than a fraudulent or criminal one is something uneasy on Hartel's soul but nonetheless his destiny and the path of the Force leads him here.

This ship landed gently a few miles away from where he could clearly sense the other being. This person was alone...and they couldn't have picked a worse spot for such to incur. This was a wasteland of a formerly optimal place and to see its ruin brings stress on ones bearings. Hartel felt an inexplicable sadness in his heart for this place and then moved forward gaining speed as he dashed off toward the center of the force aura.

He darted off being quiet and using his hunting instincts so not to scare the person when he came in their vicinity. Climbing upon the rock formations and jumping from one to another in a gazelle like fashion was made with ease by Hartel as a result of Special Ops training, Mandalorian Training, and the use of the Force to make his armor sound proof.

Jumping off to the tallest pillar of rock he could find Hartel finally caught sight of the beautiful creature. Hartel jumped down from his perch and stepped toward her on the desert plain making himself noticeable, that and his plethora of lightsabers on his belt.

"Why is a pretty woman like yourself alone on a deserted planet?"

Xae-Lin Ardel's eyes flashed open and her hand went to the long knife at her hip. She'd allowed herself to slip too deep into her meditations and hadn't sensed the man's presence until his voice brought her from her reverrie. She never liked to be caught off guard, and in the months that she'd been alone on the planet she thought that she'd become better attuned to her surroundings. Her gaze fell on the approaching man, as she stood, brushing the sand off of her tunic and pants. "Meditating," she simply stated, still wary of the approaching stranger.

Her fourteen years growing up in the often violent environment of the Nightsisters of Dathomir, made her overly cautious of strangers. Kyp was the only person that had shown her what kindness was, and he'd left her without a word of explaination. She knew there had to be a good reason but she still felt slightly abandoned by her only trusted friend. And it had taken her almost two of the five years she'd spent with him to fully trust him.

She noticed the lightsabers hanging from the man's belt, and his non-threatening stance. Her inital thought was suspicion that he was trying to lull her in to a false sense of security. Then she remembered one of the lessons that Kyp had taught her, trust in the force.

Never taking her eyes from the stranger or her hand from her knife, she relaxed her mind and attuned to the force.

After a few moments, her hand left her knife, but her readied fighting stance didn't change. Past experiences, had taught her to never completely lower her guard. "And you are?" she asked, not quite able to keep the suspicion from her voice.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

She is quite harmonious this one. So alive in the force yet so blind to its light. I wonder who her master was. Who told her she was force adept. She is highly arable to its divinity. So many questions to ask.

"I, my dear lady," said John removing his helmet to release his long dark hair from its confines, "am Lord of Ordo John Hartel, Jedi Knight. I am here on a mission myself and I believe I have found myself upon her doorstep. How long have you been without a master?"

It was clear she was trained. Hartel took a slow breath in fermenting himself in her scent of luxury and the gloriousness of his force ability. She streamed far more power than he could even remember having in his prime at Haruun Kal. This one was an odd one, someone Hartel would have to take careful consideration with. She was not to be tarnished. Not now. Not ever.

"Jedi Knight?" Xae echoed, finally relaxing a bit more. Even though she didn't have that much experience with other Jedi aside from the short meetings on Manaan and her time with Kyp, she decided to give in to her feelings and trust what this Hartel was saying. At least for now, she silently added to herself as she bit her lip (the only outward sign of her internal debate), not quite willing to fully give into her feelings. ”œThat would explain the collection of lightsabers.”

psvBwny.jpg

Hartel raised an eyebrow and allowed a smirk to grace his face. She was quirky, sassy, and brilliant. All good signs for a future padawan at this point.

"Now, do you think I would not be able to sense a Master's presence on this planet? I tracked you here by your aura exuding from your body in the force. There are no other Force Users here but you and I. Now why don't you start off by telling me your name."

Xae raised an eyebrow back at Lord Hartel, fully aware that his statement was true. Finally deciding to give into her feelings, she nodded as though agreeing with herself that it was okay to trust him. "Xae-Lin Ardel," she said simply as she walked towards the taller man, noticing that he was a full foot taller than she was. ”œIt's been a while since I was left here as my master had other matters to attend to.”

psvBwny.jpg

"Your master doesn't seem like much of a master. If I were him, in this crucial time of deciding your path, I would never leave your side. What kind of master would do this? I wander...What was his name Miss Xae?"

Hartel hoped his suspicions were incorrect. If it indeed was who he thought it was this training process was going to change into a dance of daggers.

Xae-Lin frowned at what she felt was an insult to Kyp's training abilities, though more likely it was just an observation that she felt inclined to agree with on some level. She took a step back to better gauge the Lord of Ordo. ”œI know of the two paths, I will *never* go down the dark one,”

psvBwny.jpg

The indignant tone of his soon to be padawan struck some sort of grievance in the beautiful Xae. He had seen it not only on others but on himself as well. A taint of hatred and misguidance bringing forth an emotion better left dormant. John had this experience once before. When he ate a man named Kratos to become a Sith Apprentice. He would not let Xae down this path due to a faulty master.

"If you are not ready to divulge me in this information, do not strain yourself on my part. I am sure you have been through much these past few months." the calm voice of the Jedi Knight called out to her. He was much the antithesis of Mandalorian behavior in these days and remarked himself as the perfect gentleman. He sat down crossing his legs and sitting meditatively.

"Won't you join me?"

Xae-Lin now found herself looking down at this mysterious Lord Hartel. She wasn't so sure about his meaning behind the question. She actually sensed that there was an element of duality to the inquiry. True, he was simply asking her to join him in meditation, but there was also an offer to help her in Kyp's absence. A storm of emotions grew within her, she wasn't sure that she fully understood all of them.

After a few moments she decided to take a chance, she could always get away in the Redemption if things turned sour. She crossed her legs and sat, allowing her tan over tunic to form a circle around her, as though it were some sort of protective barrier. Her blue eyes met his deep green in silent assent.

psvBwny.jpg

"The landscape of any planet is most easily admired when you can see the cracks in the dirt, and the sun grazing past each grain of sand. Life begins here, the force begins here. If you allow yourself to be lost to it, nothing can be more purifying. To feel it flow within your body like a majestic river flowing gently with a tad of intimidation in its awesome power. Each time I find myself in isolation I feel very close to becoming one with the force, so close to death itself that I am not scared by the concept. In these moments I reflected upon myself and I found what it was to be a Jedi."

The Jedi Knight paused breathing deeply and allowing his eyelids to encapsulate the emeralds beneath them. The pleasure of feeling the grace of the force was overwhelming but nothing more hope-lifting, life-lifting, awe-lifting.

"We are the sheep dogs of this universe, we protect the sheep whether they be black, blue, green, or orange we protect those sheep with our very lives if need be and we are not afraid to do so. They are sometimes scared of our power, of our gift. They see us, not as a sheep dog, but as a wolf because of our similarities to wolves. We fight with the same means and in the same ways. But our cause, and our willingness to die without remorse for such cause is what makes us Jedi. The guardians of peace and justice."

Hartel took another deep breath and turned to Xae examining her once more in wonderment before finishing what he had to say.

"I am afraid to say your master will never return to you. I have seen this abandonment in the past with far too many Jedi who then become lost to the same causes their masters did. In this case, you were a sheep becoming a sheep dog, but your sheep dog was becoming a wolf. And now that is where he remains. Prowling about looking for more sheep to pray on."

The Mandalorian looked to Xae sincerely folding his hands into one another.

"I was a wolf myself at one time and I had a sheep under my nose and as I was about to make him my feast. I realized that the life of a wolf was not one to take, a sheep dog is what I must be. I have dedicated my life to it and fended off wolves myself. And now it is my turn to take the mantle my sheep dog had with me.

"I desire to complete your training Xae if you allow me to do so. With our combined efforts perhaps we can pull your former master back to the light."

Hartel stood up the jingle of his armor the only noise heard as he did so. He unclamped a lightsaber from his belt and tossed it to Xae while she was on the ground.

"Will you join me as my padawan learner Xae? Or must I leave you on this desolate place to live the rest of your days waiting for him?"

Xae-Lin's shoulders went slack in disbelief of what she was hearing. Kyp”¦turned to the Dark Side? It couldn't be. In the little she'd learned about him and his daughter and the apprentice that turned against them both, she'd thought it impossible. Kyp had never shown her anything but kindness and patience. She felt for the force, desperate to find some hint that this man was attempting to deceive her only to find the truth staring her back in the face. The pain was evident on her face, she couldn't have even begun to try and hide it from Lord Hartel even if she tried. She wondered if she'd done something to have caused him to turn, and at the same time felt betrayed almost to the core by the only person that she'd ever called friend. She struggled visibly to try and regain her emotional control. She felt dizzy, light headed and as though a thousand voices were crying out in her mind. Her breathing escalated, despite her efforts to calm herself.

She finally couldn't contain the urge to run any more, she needed to clear her head and get some space. She quickly stood and looked down at the Mandalorian Lord, taking a moment to place her hand on his shoulder in silent apology for running. Her intentions weren't to leave the planet, but to clear her head and look at her options for the future. Then she was quickly gone, running towards the tree line, not bothering to cover her obvious trail.

When she reached the clearing where the Redemption stood, R2 D6 chortled a concerned series of beeps as the obviously distressed young woman ran through the camp and up one of the closest trees.

Suddenly feeling very exhausted she slumped against the trunk of the tree from her perch and allowed herself a few tears. She wasn't angry with Kyp, just disappointed that he'd turned back to the dark side. How was his turning supposed to balance the force?

Finally after a few long moments, she was able to regain herself as she heard R2's shrieks and whistles of surprise and alarm down below her.

psvBwny.jpg

Try as she might the young woman would never have been able to escape Hartel. Her inexperience in the abilities the force allows you to own and control were evident in her hasty run. But Hartel was with much compassion, she needed her space for a few moments before Hartel could sweep her away from this travesty. He feared this may happen. Padawans who form close relationships become the blunt end of the stick in these cases, something Hartel could never understand.

After a few minutes passed Hartel had the force surrounding his body purely and in a dash he made it to the trees following the signature of Xae and with one Giant leap the Jedi Knight was sitting next to Xae in her tree.

"You have gone to great lengths I see to be at peace. You are not the first to ever run over these things. When one walks the dark path they tend to forget why they did so in the first place. Chances are your master did it for you Xae and if so he is not beyond redemption. You can save him, but you will need my help."

Hartel looked to her gaunt face and swept the hair out of her face so he could see straight into her soul.

"May I offer once more, to train you in the Jedi Arts miss Xae?"

The young woman merely looked at the Jedi Knight as he joined her among the boughs, her face once again a thin mask of stoicism, though the under currents of emotions could be seen by the careful observer. ”œKyp Durron,”

psvBwny.jpg

Hartel smiled and unclipped something from his belt.

"You dropped this but I believe you will need it in the days ahead."

The Jedi Knight handed over his single bladed Green lightsaber to Xae and placed it in the palm of her hands certifying that she was his to protect and teach.

"Rest up Xae. Tomorrow we begin our training."

Hartel slipped from the tree's and in a matter of seconds he was down on the Forest floor, his helmet back on, dozing away.

Xae-Lin emerged from the Redemption before the first of Ossus' two suns had begun its daily ascent, dressed in her usual black pants and boots, but she'd exchanged her long sleeved shirt and brown over tunic for a close fitting black short sleeved shirt. She looked over to where her unexpected visitor had crashed for the night, still wearing his armor. In one way, seeing that Lord Hartel was still with her and willing to helper, gave her hope. However, seeing that he was still there meant that the previous day's happenings really had occurred and that meant that Kyp might have really gone over to the dark side.

R2 D6 beeped at the young woman to get her attention as she prepared to cook breakfast for her and her guest.

Xae looked up at the astromech droid, somewhat amused by his concern, ”œIt's okay R2,”

psvBwny.jpg

"You do not have to worry about my rest Xae." said the Jedi Knight as he removed his helmet to once more unveil his dark hair to her and his exquisite green eyes, "I have had my mind alert for some time. I figured when you were ready you'd begin to move around."

The Jedi Knight sat up contemplating all the possibilities for him to fill this day with. But of course he had no idea how far this maiden had achieved in her training. She could be force retarded, or practically an expert as far as Hartel was concerned.

*sniff*

"Oh, Xae, you didn't have to cook anything."

The food looked amazing and Hartel could not wait to eat it but manners are first and the fine lady did indeed ask a question which Hartel is obligated to answer.

"First of all. I do not speak Dathomiri. My helmet has a built in translator in it. Quite useful in all situations. And secondly, I would very much like to know what Kyp taught you."

Kyp Durron. The infamous self absorbed Jedi Master turned Sith. Hartel had feared this was his doing but with so many other Sith lurking about and corrupting the young Padawans it was hard to be sure.

Hartel looked to his Mandalorian Visor as well, with Xae's hands crawling all over it. Touching his gear like this is somewhat a forbidden thing with the Elite but Hartel let it slide, many, and especially this one, aren't familiar with the Mandalorian way of life. To be trained from a child to be a warrior and to live that life every moment. It was not something people usually wished upon others but then again was not an infliction of any sort.

"I sleep in my armor because it was how I was raised. I love my machination, I remember folding the steel, bending it and forming it to fit my body for perfect aerodynamics and acrobatics. Not an easy task and I find myself more attached to it that anything else I could ever use in my life. It is also practical to sleep in for it allows me to even in the midst of the night protect myself and now you."

Hartel lowered his head and sipped a bit at the stew, it was remarkable. With a tinge of a salty basis to it nothing could be more perfect for their training today.

"As for the helmet, it is not likely you will ever run into another one unless you come to a Mandalorian System and even there it will be rare. My people were all but exterminated by the Empire years ago. We were too dangerous to be allowed to live."

Hartel took another sip of his stew thinking about his trip to Ordo. The melancholy feeling of the place instantly brightened with his news of being a Jedi Knight. On this the Mandalorians always had a Protector and an ally in the Jedi. It was good to feel he had served his purpose as the Lord of Ordo in this regard.

"Anyways. I see that Kyp taught you control, this is most vital to todays task. Something the Darksisters of your home do not know. And yes, I can put clues together. Primarily you were speaking in Dathomiri earlier." Hartel smirked at her downed the remnants of his meal and stood up, "Remain sitting my Padawan, I need you to do what Kyp taught you. I need you to center yourself."

Hartel smiled in jest. Indeed it would be a severe miscalculation.

"Now Xae, you can feel the place around you, each rock, each flicker of energy within each living thing and inanimate thing. Take the force that you feel and focus it upon one rock, not a big one mind you, but something to practice on. Take that energy and lift the rock. That is all, use the force as an extension of your being and use it as such."

Xae remembered how Kyp had done something similar to slow the ships decent when they first arrived on the planet. She took another breath and chose a small stone about the size of her fist on the ground near Lord Hartel. She tried to will the rock to rise, but she sensed that so far the rock had not moved. A quick interjection of irritation attempted to enter her consciousness, but she reigned it in. Forcing the force wasn't the answer, she realized as she cleared her mind for a second attempt. With her eyes remaining closed she looked to the force for guidance.

After a few moments she slowly opened her eyes, a calm expression on her face. She felt the force flowing through both her and her chosen stone. Silently she asked the stone to move while at the same time visualizing herself picking up the stone.

It rose about two centimeter's from the ground before falling back again.

psvBwny.jpg