The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

*As Kirlocca was looking into the eyes of Tares, he felt a dark chill run through his body. He found himself looking to the sky.*

What was that?...

*Kirlocca searched his feelings and found nothing that could relate to what he had felt. He pulled his robes tighter around his body, and brought his attenion back towards Tares, yet still awars of his surroundings now.*

The man once known as Tares Vortex looked up to the foreigners with in his bed. He could feel the machinery inside of him, which kept his mind on them. He tried to place names with faces, but neither came out. Instead all was hopeless.

"Who are you people?" He asked to the gathering crowd.

Looking at the Jedi, a doctor came over, "I'm sorry but my patient has had medical complications. His memory is fragmented...."

tares.jpg

Skye stirred and woke as she heard her Master's voice. She sat up, rubbed the sleep from her eyes with one hand, while still holding her Masters hand with the other. She was glad to see him awake, but was still very concerned about him.

”œMaster Tares”¦ it's me, Skye”¦ your padawan”¦ don't you remember me?”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

*Kirlocca looked from Tares to his padawan, Skye. He knew what she was doing, but did not move.*

This is the last thing we need. Tares with a memory lost.

*Kirlocca moved up along side of the young girl.*

"You are also a jedi master...one who is on the council, one who everyone trust and respects. Focus on your padawans thoughts. They may help."

*Kirlocca looked deep into Tares eyes. He refused to break his gaze.*

Eli looked at her Master, "You forget to realize you're the one who is supposed to make things happen." She smiled kindly and looked around, "Well, it seems like there really isn't anyone here I know. I'm not exactly open to people, and most of the ones I do meet are always young ones who don't know better." She smiled again, this time a little sadly, "Well, lets go to my quarters, and maybe we can see if you have a room." She turned right and walked down the hallway toward her room.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood..."-Theodore Roosevelt-

Mara woke up with a start, not knowing quite what had woken her up. Then she realized she had just recieved a force message from Leo. She struggled to remember what he had said, the message had come through very faint. "Mara.......Correllia.....Hotel Ericson.....Please" He sounded like he was in trouble. She rushed around the room collecting her belongings and threw them into a sack. She rushed down to the docking bays and found a ship available for rent. She threw her belongings onto the floor, strapped herself in and headed out for open space.

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

Skye looked at Kirlocca, her worry shining in her eyes. Worry for her master as well as for the Jedi as a whole”¦ if her master couldn't regain his memory she didn't know what would happen. Another thought struck her then too, she had seen Ashley on the sith ceremonial grounds on Mimban as well as on BC's ship and it was Ashley's sister that had defected back to the sith”¦ her sister had been to Manaan, Ish had told her that. With that, the sith would now know where the Jedi had a base and that meant that the Eternal Vigilance on Manaan would not be safe for much longer. She voiced her fears to Kirlocca and looked back at her Master.

She also wanted to go somewhere reasonably safe so that she could get her brother cloned, maybe to Coruscant.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Nilt and Eli walked for a while in silence.

"Perhaps I should have come at a different time," Nilt admitted. "This is a hard time for the Jedi and everyone is wrapped up with their own lives. Maybe I should've waited or we should've until the Jedi were again comfortable and more hospitable."

Together they arrived at Eli's quarters.

"Well, I say we should lay low then and wait to be noticed or until things have calmed down. I guess I'm not getting a homecoming party. However, I think the only way to meet anyone would be to lay on the ground in front of the entrance so people have to see us....but they'll most likely step over us. Interesting concept though..."

Nilt laughed at the sight of her laying down and grabbing people's ankles as they stepped over her.

"I'm not sure they would appreciate it...though, they would all know who I am in record time."

"I sense a disturbance in the Force..."

"You always sense a disturbance in the Force..."

Tares looked around the room. He remembered slightly the one called Skye. The others though were foreign to him. Skye's memories were mostly useless to him as well. Mostly though, Tares had no idea to who he was.

Shaking his head violently Tares wanted out, "Why do you all keep hounding me? I don't know, i don't know!"

tares.jpg

*Kirlocca let out a sigh. His eyes moved from Tares to his padawan, Skye. He then stood tall and spoke in a loud voice so that everyone could hear him.*

"Jedi of the Order, It has come to my attention that our base has been compromised. I will not order anyone to stay behind, But I have decided that I will NOT lose this base. Stay and prepare to fight if you wish. Leave if you really must."

*Kirlocca then walked away from Skye and Tares. He walked into the main council chambers and began to meditate...*

Eli laughed at her Master and said, "You are just what the jedi need Master, we are so large now, there is no family anymore. We are all off doing our own thing, and to tell you the truth," she sighed and flopped on her bed, "I don't even know how to get a session with the council anymore. Heck I don't even know who is on the council." Eli looked at her Master with questioning eyes.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood..."-Theodore Roosevelt-

Skye was internally fighting to keep her composure. Seeing her Master like this upset her greatly and it was all she could do not to let the tears flow. She had to stay strong, for his sake. Taking a deep breath she forced the tears away, refusing to let her emotions control her and turned with calm composure to those surrounding her master's bed.

”œCould we be left alone for a while, please”¦ My master is getting upset and needs to be calmed”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

*A comm is recieved for the Jedi*

"This is Talus Kyeian of the Rebel Alliance. I am making this comm as the Rebellion is planning to maybe make a strike against a military-type base. I would like to know the current stasis of the Jedi. Please return this message as soon as possible."

*End comm*

talus.jpg

[00:35] JediNet Goodwood: You're the leader of the Rebels now...what are you going to do next?

[00:35] kOoLsTaRr69: i'm going to disneyland

[00:35] JediNet Goodwood: lmao

Throwing off the sheets, Tares stood up and looked to a mirror. All along his chest, scars began to fade away at the nanite's work; scars he didn't remember getting. All the walls of composure that Tares once had, were all but forgotten. All the views of shadow were now gone, all that remained was fear, anger, and sadness. All he rememberd was the force, "Look at me. I'm a monster. I'm a freak of nature and I failed you. If only the force hadn't forsaken me...."

tares.jpg

"But you didn't fail Master, you saved us... all of us and I do not see you as a monster, I see you as a man that has been through a very difficult ordeal and as a strong man that is recovering from that ordeal. I only wish I could do more for you. If there is anything you want me to do, you know you only have to ask."

As she spoke, Skye moved to stand beside her Master resting a hand gently on his arm still sending soothing thoughts his way. She could feel the chaos within his mind and it tore at her heart strings to see him in such conflict.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Hou-Jo's Jedi Starfighter pierced the skyline as the ship gracefully found its way to a landing place.

He entered the Vigilance, his cape flowing behind him. He went into a room where he could relax, he didn't feel very comfortable here anymore. He knew that many people were prone to come in and ask him about his leaving the Council. He decided he might as well meditate while it would be quiet.

Tares turned back with red in his eyes, "There is something. Promise me that when you go on as a knight of this order, you will succeed where I failed. One thing I remember is you Skye Organa. Our training together, the events up to the battle. My last thought of you was the wish to knight you...."

tares.jpg

"Master..." She said softly, a sigh escaped her lips, "Please believe me, you are not a failure. What you did on that battlefield was amazing. You were the focus that brought an end to Nhagathul. You did not fail master."

Skye noticed the red glints in Master Tares eyes and her worry increased. Somehow she had to get through to her master, but her need for comfort was growing as well. Not knowing how he would take it she murmured softly, "Please, hold me?"

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Nilt sighed, "Everyone is busy so I guess all we can do is wait until something happens."

She plopped herself ungracefully into a chair, "I hate waiting around though, even more than I did before I left. I'm acting like a different person, but then again I'm trying to repress some things so they don't kick me out or I scare them, etc."

"Perhaps now we will get moving with the Rebels calling and the pending attack on this planet," she said, absently twirling her comm in her fingers.

Hou-Jo decided he would not find any peace here on Manaan, especially due to the nagging in his mind that there would be people knocking on his door wanting answers for leaving. He left his room and went into a library, where he looked up other planets under the Jedi's control. He found what he was looking for, then sent a Force message.

"Velhart, go to my ship, get inside, and wait for me."

Hou-Jo found the information he was looking for, Borleais, the Jedi training dojo. He also looked through his other information that he had at his fingertips. Kirlocca had recently declared that the location of Manaan had been sacrificed and that if Jedi chose to do so, they would stand and fight.

Sith, no doubt.

Hou-Jo pulled out a data sphere and placed it into the computer. He brought up a screen and hacked into the mainframe. He took out all planets recognized under Jedi control.

"Whoever it is, if there is enough reason that they can defeat us, then they may look into our records." he said to himself.

"Data transfer complete, Master Poleb." came the computer's response.

He got up from the computer and left the library.

Elil looked at her Master, "Lets go find this Talus Kyeian, who ever he is, or better yet, lets ask the council. So it can be offical." She laughed at the thought of her Master doing anything offical. "No, really Master how is everyone in the big wide galaxy, you know the other crazy ones like yourself." She smiled and sat lazly on her bed.

Tares sighed as the words fell upon deaf ears. What he remembed told him otherwise, what he didn't remember was no help. All he knew now that he was a walking machine with hardly a past and no sense of who he was. His emotions blazed, his control lost. He knew what must be done to save those around him from his pain.

"Skye, the farther you are away from me, the less likely you are to being hurt. I can't bring this upon you. From this point on Skye Organa, you are a Knight of the Jedi Order. The skills you displayed back on Mimban are beyond those that would be tested in the Jedi Trials. Good luck with your life."

With pain in his heart, he stepped out of the quarters and made his way to the hanger bay. Two messages he sent out, one to his brother he somewhat remembered, and the other to BC:

Master BC, I regret to tell you but my current state of weakness is something I must deal with. For this reason I will be taking some time off to find "myself" again. Thank you

From there the lost jedi took off....

tares.jpg

Deep within the heat of the Eternal Vigilance, the central computer flashed a few times as it recieved a private, untraceable, encrypted message from Coruscant. A few seconds later, a voice could be heard throughout the entire jedi ship for all to hear.

"Fellow members of the jedi order, this is Keiran Valoria. I am currently on Coruscant and I have completed establishing a jedi outpost on the Imperial Capital of Coruscant. This is a moment of jedi history as we now, once again, have a presence on Coruscant, albeit it's an underground presence, it is still a presence. I will stay on Coruscant, directing this outpost and I have decided that I will begin my own campaign of aggrevating the Imperials from the inside, for any jedi wishes to join me, come."

Keiran then sent a private message, untraceable, encrypted message to BC on his private comm.

"Master BC, I hope you do not find displeasure in my stepping foward and deciding to start an underground movement here on Coruscant, but I find that our presence here has been far too minimalistic. If you wish, you can come visit my little outpost here, or if you have a specific mission for me I will deviate, but in the meantime I'll be staying here for an extended period of time, extending the jedi cause on Coruscant."

siggggy5ko.jpg

"Skye, the farther you are away from me, the less likely you are to being hurt. I can't bring this upon you. From this point on Skye Organa, you are a Knight of the Jedi Order. The skills you displayed back on Mimban are beyond those that would be tested in the Jedi Trials. Good luck with your life."

She stood there stunned as Master Tares spoke then walked away from her. ”˜I'm now a Jedi Knight”¦' While she knew she should be pleased with the promotion she was torn. The turmoil her master was in only added to her confusion. ”˜Good luck Master Tares”¦May the Force be with you”¦' She shook her head as she closed off their force bond, knowing that Tares needed to sort things out for himself. She swore to herself that if ever he needed her she would be there”¦ after all, he had created the force bond between them and as far as she could tell, that link couldn't be destroyed. She would only ever be a thought away.

Slowly she made her way though the mostly empty corridors of the Eternal Vigilance, stopping at the clothing store and getting some new clothing, she needed more than one set after all and being now a Knight of the Jedi Order she should look the part. She left the store with 2 new sets of robes, one was a deep midnight blue with silver trim on the hooded cloak, the other a blue/grey tunic with a plain black hooded cloak, a black ship suit and to top it off another set of black general purpose utility boots, all packed neatly into a travel bag.

Reaching her room Skye pulled out a change of clothing and headed to the shower. Dressed in her midnight blue robes, she cleaned and packed away what she had been wearing, a cream and brown tunic with brown cloak. Looking around the room she didn't see anything she would need to take with her so headed back to the computer room that Master Tares had taken her to previously. Dropping her bag on the floor, she pulled up the program that had been used to create her first lightsaber hilt and requested another made to the same specifications.

From there she retraced her previous steps down to the supply bay on deck two, collecting again all the components she needed to create another lightsaber, before she made her way again back to the computer room. She retrieved the hilt, examining it carefully before putting the components in place. All that was needed now was another crystal. She opened the panel and looked upon the crystals within, choosing a paler amethyst to her previous one. She closed the panel again and picked up the hilt, inserting the crystal carefully into it and closing the cover. Skye ignited the saber, hearing the snap-hiss as the blade extended out. The pale crystal made the blade look white with an amethyst tint to it. She swung it in a test, finding it like an extension of her arm and smiled. Closing the blade down, she clipped it onto her belt beneath her robes then leant over picked up her bag and made her way to the hanger bay.

Consulting the droid mechanic she was allocated a jedi starfighter. She leapt up, threw her bag in the storage compartment, and ran a pre-flight check. Finding everything in order she gently lifted off, asked for and received clearance, blasting off into space”¦ destination Coruscant.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

"You know...I'm not sure how they are. I scared them away too," Nilt smiled.

She sighed, "There is nothing official left. If we go anywhere, we will always be the only ones. There are not enough Jedi anymore."

"Maybe we should wait until everyone leaves as a group..."

"Unless we get attacked the jedi do nothing as a group now. We are unfriendly, uncommunicative, and basically unhelpful to each other. Sure, to the outside world we help everyone, I was here for a week almost, and had to fiend for myself with no one to even show me a room. The jedi go on with there own lives and concerns, the council doesn't pay any attention to anyone that isn't on the need to know list." Eli looked at her Master, "Well, that's what I've gathered so far."