The Gateway

Tarrian Skywalker

Ben'a nods to Nahstaa in reply. His sentiments about his escape vehicle were perfectly understandable, but Ben'a felt that to sell it or donate it would be, somehow, wrong. It needed to be destroyed, and Ben'a knew just how. With Ayevit and Nahstaa in tow, Ben'a made his way to where it was docked; with respect to his wishes, he left the ex-Sith with his drink in a small alcove. As he walked up to the ship, Ayevit began to tap into its computer system, and soon the door opened with a hissing noise.

"Okay, Ayevit, jack into that thing..."

The droid did as it was told, its advanced computer systems slicing swiftly through the security. Sith were smart, that much Ben'a knew, but they weren't always up on the latest technology. Within moments, the astromech had pulled up command codes and a route of origin for the slave ship.

"Byss, eh?" Ben'a muttered as he browsed the files. "An academy there..." Ben'a's voice was suddenly crisp as he belted out orders. "Ayevit, download all you can from this ship about the Sith; their organization, their holdings, access codes...everything."

The droid did as it was told, issuing beeps and whistles as it did so. This information, combined with whatever Nahstaa might be willing to share, could tell the Jedi a lot about what the Sith were up to, as well as weaknesses. But there remained something else...this slave ship. After another fifteen minutes, Ayevit had finished the download. Acting quickly, Ben'a punched in a series of commands, and finally set the ship onto an autopiloted course back to where it came from, with something special for those at its destination.

"Nahstaa," Ben'a began once he and Ayevit had exited the ship. "Your ship was worth more then you knew...but we have its worth right here." He indicated Ayevit. "And now, we'll destroy the evidence..."

The two men turned about to see the slave ship take off one last time, and flash back into hyperspace, heading for its former home...

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Ben'a fired up the power converters on his X-wing, and took off from The Gateway. He soon jumped into hyperspace, heading for The Last Call

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Kaleb set his ship down after haggling for clearance. He descended the ramp and looked about. Lights and signs pointed him this way and that, advertising millions of goods. It was like a mini self-sustaining Coruscant. He smiled. He would find what he was looking for.

Kaleb_Desota.jpg

Kamino studied this Drake. He seemed friendly...but was that good...or bad?

The green Twi'lek sipped his drink as he analyzed his company.

"Lets just say I don't get out much."

Kamino laughed...their was PLENTY of truth to that statement. The Twi'lek could barely remember the last time he left the Citadel. It was good to have a breath of fresh air...even if that air came from a crowded, smoke-filled cantina.

Kamino next turned his attention to the bar.

"Nice place you have here...ever have any guests of great importance?"

That was a viable question. The Twi'lek wondered just how many people knew about this place...and if those people were friendlies, or the alternative.

Kamino.jpg

Kamino shrugged at Drake's question.

"I needed some time off...a good vacation. I'm glad I came here, nice place."

Although the man did not seem dangerous, Kamino kept his guard up. He wondered what this Mr. Vortex might be getting at......did he really just wish to have a simple chat? No...there had to be something more, something menacing.

Never the less, Kamino continued to smile and be sociable...Drake couldn't be that bad, could he?

Kamino.jpg

A lone Star Destroyer emerged from hyperspace. It immediately sent out a communication indicating there was no threat to the Gateway. Piccolo entered his Firespray ship, the Howling Runner, and requested permission to land.

The Night of Vengeance rocketed down from the Star Destroyer that was the flagship of the Black Sun Fleet, which had just arrived from hyeperspace. ShadowFett, operative of the Black Sun, landed the ship and lowered the boarding ramp.

Fett walked out and headed to the side of the hangar and leaned against the wall, waiting for his coworkers. He scannedt he area, and his visor picked up a presence that he had met before. The Twi'lek named Kamino was here. Fett smiled.

Perhaps he would talk to Kamino if time allowed. Last time the two had met was at the end of a long adventure in which Fett had helped save the galaxy...

In the Command Center, flight controls picked up the star destroyer and support craft on sensors. Determining the ships were clear, they instructed the ship to land.

Starship Howling Runner, this is Gateway Control. You are clear to land in docking bay 9A061. From there head into the concourse and proceed to level 56 of the Central Plaza. Director Vortex will meet you there. Gateway Control out.

With that the hanger was prepared for the arriving ship....

Concord Enterprises"The wave of the future, is here today."

The Howling Runner sat down at the appropriate dock. Piccolo adjusted his Eclipse Armor, and placed his helmet on. He exited the ship. The Gateway was an impressive structure. If any one could help him it would be Drake Vortex. But if he was anything like his brother, Piccolo wasn't so sure Vortex would aid him. Piccolo hadn't exactly been friendly with the Jedi Order.

Sitting in his private office, Drake read up on the information about the station's newest arrivals. Unfortunately, he had a limited amount of time before the arrivals were at his door.

Standing up, the ex-smuggler opened the door and smiled. With an extended hand he greeted them, "Welcome. I must say when I heard the Howling Runner was approaching, I could hardly believe it. Please come down and sit."

Passing out refreshments to Piccolo and his companions, he took a seat behind his desk, "What can I do for you?"

ShadowFett followed Vortex in and sat down. He put up a hand when offered refreshments. I never eat in public, he thought. There was only two men who had ever seen his face and lived. One was his "father", and the other was a doctor in the cloning room after Fett's only death.

He sat and listened, not entirely sure of what Piccolo planned to say himself. But he had been asked to come along, and so he had. His services would almost certainly be needed.

a small freighter landed on the Gateway, and Tea'dora slowly exited the ramp...she paid the fee to dock and looked about...walking slowly, she asked a mechanic who was in charge and where she could find him...she knew perfectly well, who he was, but she wanted to know where his office was...

After getting the information, she walked towards his office taking in all the different corridors and security personnel stationed throughout her travel.

She stopped outside of Drake's office and waited, she had heard voices inside and decided that it would be best if she didn't interrupt.

Teadora.jpg

Piccolo nodded to ShadowFett as they entered. He hoped his associated was paying attention. Piccolo sat down, not paying much attention to the refreshments. He had payed for his trust too many times already, from now on he was taking no chances.

"I have come to ask for your assistance. As you probably heard, the Black Sun has been defeated, completely. I'm not here to sugarcoat it, we were obliterated. I relied to heavy on allies I didn't really have. And for that reason, I have come to you, someone I would actually have considered a potential foe. I need your resources to rebuild our Citadel with the latest defenses this time, as well as help with rebuilding the Black Sun Fleet. I don't know your capabilities, so if you can't help us rebuild the fleet, I was hoping we could at least use the space surrounding the Gateway. It seems well guarded."

Piccolo let his words sink in, and then continued,

"Of course, you would be well compensated. We may be defeated militarily, but the Black Sun still has considerable funds at its disposal."

Drake remained staring at Piccolo as he spoke. Knowing very well of the Black Sun's defeat, the news wasn't new to him. However, the fact that Piccolo was coming to him for assistance was news to him.

Before he could speak, the comm chimed, "Director Vortex, sorry to disturb you. You have a visitor waiting outside your office."

"Give the visitor my apoligizes for making them wait, I will be with them once I am done." Drake stated, then returned his attention to Piccolo, "The company that built the Gateway is one I founded with my brother awhile back. Recently we have merged with a few other companies to form Solaris Enterprises. It has always been my goal to keep the company multipurpose and open to all costumers regardless of their current position with in the galactic arena."

"I can help. I will contact my managers in Solaris CT (Construction Technologies) and Solaris TT (Transportation Technologies). I'm sure we can draw up some design plans for the new citadel and defenses, then get the thing started on construction. As for your fleet, the Gateway incorperates well over a hundred docks able to fit a star destroyer each. We can help with repairs as well as construction. However, our ship yards are located a ways away from here. It may take some time to get the ships built and delivered."

As he spoke, a receptionist outside approached Tea'dora, "Mr. Vortex will be able to see you once he is finished with his current guests. In the meantime, may I offer you anything to eat or drink?"

Piccolo was now confident he'd made the right decision.

"That's better than nothing. Time is no object at this point. The damaged ships are in deep space, but can be brought wherever they need to go. Three Star Destroyers, a Mon Calamari Class Cruiser, a Nebulon B Frigate, and a Lictor Class Dungeon Ship. We'll also need ten TIE Defenders, fifteen A-wings, and five Corellian Assault Gunboats completely rebuilt. That is a large order to fill, at least in my experience ."

Piccolo decided it was time to bring up a major concer he had.

"Ob Ordeena still has an interest in keeping the Black Sun down. He may try to thwart any attempts to rebuild the Citadel. He has a fleet of ships much larger than the Black Sun's at his disposal, even more if the Hutts are in with him. Ordeena could also attack or sabotage your ship yards if he discovered what was going on."

ShadowFett was liking how the deal was being played out. Piccolo was really helping Black Sun get back to where it needed to be. He truly was a great leader, almost as great as Smash Daisaku himself.

But he nodded at the mention of Ob Ordeena. The Twi'lek scumbag had been after Black Sun for some time now, and the Gateway may come into danger if he decides to try and twart this rebuilding movement.

But with the Gateway's recources, Black Sun was ready for Ob. The gangster would have to have a lot of gut to come here.

Drake merely nodded, "The location of the yards is classified information to all those save for the workers that work there, and my trust advisors. Do realize that I'm not helping you out because we are friends or allies. I'm satisfying this order of yours because that's the purpose of my company. Should the Gateway or any properity of Solaris Enterprises come under attack, I won't hesitate to call for the Empire to help maintain order...."

The Charybdis descends above the Gateway.

The Imperial Captain boarded his personal ship and descended to the space station.

Business and general curiosity called him to the Gateway and to Drake Vortex... The network of information was beginning to be quite proactive and negotiations were neccessary.

The young Captain walked out of the Hangar bay curiously admiring the structures of the Space Station and idly walked about... Noticing the current leader of the Black Sun, Piccolo, Phillep managed a wry smile.

phillep.jpg

--Holo to the Rebel Alliance--

*Raiden's ass appeared on the monitors again, only this time with a smiley face drawn on it.*

ShadowFett finally spoke, "Then I suggest we get started." He stood and waited for Vortex and Piccolo to comply. Unless Piccolo indeed had more to say.

This station was well-armed and the Empire could show up in event of an attack. Things seemed pretty safe under any circumstances. The Black Sun would rebuild without failure, and then they could accomplish one of Piccolo's shemes with their new fleet.

Fett continued to stand, his left hand on his right gauntlet, elbows slightly out, causing his arms to bend at almost a forty-five degree angle at the elbows. His posture was relaxed and his head slightly tilted.

Jag landed his Tie-Defender next to ShadowFett's Night of Vengence. He leaped out and saw Piccolo and Fett in a meeting with Drake Vortex. He saw Fett stand up, and cringed. I hate being late. he thought.

He entered the office and stood against the wall, opposite Vortex.

"Sorry I'm late Piccolo, I got caught up."

He noticed a something different about Piccolo, but decided not to ask about it.

He leaned back and waited to learn what Piccolo's plan was.

JaggedFelIIa.jpg

"If three people call you a Hutt, buy a drool bucket and start stockpiling spice." -Corran Horn

Piccolo's tone turned bitter,

"I do not consider you a friend or ally Drake Vortex. I am only warning you out of self interest. Do not count on the Empire for aide when it comes to the Hutts. They are unreliable, even after you have put your life on the line for them multiple times. If that is all, I am ready to get started anytime."

Drake laughed, "Well, I'm sorry our experiences have been different. What it comes down to is this: should the hutts attack they will regret it. Now that we are clear on where we stand, let us begin. I will pool my resources together and get a design worked for the hq while I send in your requests for the new ships. In the meantime, you are welcome to all that the Gateway has to offer."

Standing up Drake brushed himself off then looked to the others then back to Piccolo, "Construction will begin shortly. If you excuse me, I've kept an other visitor waiting."

With that he made his way outside towards Tea'dora. With a smile, the ex-smuggler said, "Hello, the name's Drake. How can I help you?"

Phillep stifled a laugh as he walked on through the Space Station still admiring the intriguing architecture of the Gateway, in particularly the well that leads a visitor to a myriad of malls, shops, cantinas and various other forms of prime interstellar commercial real estate.

Walking casually into a cantina, Phillep asked for a Hoth Vodka, to which he was promptly attended to.

He drank peacefully enough, still admiring the designs...

phillep.jpg

--Holo to the Rebel Alliance--

*Raiden's ass appeared on the monitors again, only this time with a smiley face drawn on it.*

ShadowFett left the room, hoping that the tension would loosen up after the operatives had something to eat or something. Maybe Piccolo still had something for them to do.

Fett spoke to the half-Trandoshan, "If you don't have any objection, I'd like to get a drink and perhaps talk to our old friend Kamino over there."

He nodded to Jag, but didn't say anything. The man would have to stop being late for things if he was going to get anywhere. Fett really hadn't seen him in a fight against anyone but himself, but that was not a good comparison.

Piccolo nodded,

"You and Jag can do as you like until we leave. I will remain here."

Piccolo still had a few details to work out in his head. Soon they would be ready to repay their enemies, and bring about the dawn of the Black Sun once again.