The Gateway

Tarrian Skywalker

With the raise of an eyebrow, Drake laughed, "Yes, I can see that. Let me review these papers and I'll see where I can put in my corporation." He said.

With that he made his way down to the local bar where he found the good Captian Phillep. Taking the man's hand he shook it, "Forgive the delay. I had some business to take care of."

He ordered his drink, then sat down, "So, what can an honest man do for the Empire?"

Concord Enterprises"The wave of the future, is here today."

OOC: Gir... Posting as Phillep

IC:

"Ah, a pleasure Mr. Vortex. I will attempt to keep this brief, as both, you and I, most likely have a great number of matters to attend to."

Clearing his throat and taking another sip of the Brandy, Phillep began, "As any other faction in this universe, I am prone to my enemies. Worse off, is my position above the other factions as they fight for control over something, my predecessors firmly placed in their grasp so many years ago. As time wears on and new leaders rise to take their place, they are set with the headaches of the Galaxy... My request is a simple one."

Phillep handed over the small list of requests...

"Three new Capital ships including their respective Tie Defender, Assault Gunboat and X-1 Viper Automadon units. A new Interdictor-Class Heavy Cruiser and two Imperial II Star Destroyers."

Phillep's eyes turned to look at the man... "Of course, you are aware of the Empire's support and defense of your facility and we would like to deduct these actions from your Taxes, as a service to his Majesty's Government and request that the difference be marginally reduced as a sign of gratitude for Imperial actions of keeping the peace. A policy, I believe, we will both be happy with."

Drinking with his eyes still on Vortex, "I understand that at one time you served the Rebellion... I seek not to judge you on that, merely to do business with your Company in an effort to achieve a stability in this forsaken Galaxy. Perhaps, a number of contracts will come your way in service of the Empire..."

Heathen Master of the Lords of Hate

KR: I'm like the freakin' Martha Stewart of Chaos.

He was also a Marxist, which is dumb.

The Howling Runner touched down at the Gateway once again. Piccolo entered the base, walking to where he could know spot his quarry from a concealed space, he considered his options. The bounty hunter's hand drifted to his blaster holster, and halted. Piccolo had no animosity against the man before him. It was the the words he always spoke that made him consider going for his blaster.

I have never failed to catch a bounty.

And though Piccolo had lost a few battles against the Mercenaries, that statement still rang true. He was saddened at the prospect of letting it go. Piccolo dropped his hand, and walked into the open.

"Well, what do we have here? Jidai Geki, it has been a long long time."

He paused, perhaps a small glimmer of hesitation.

"I have good news. You have effectively escaped me Geki. With Smash Daisaku gone from the Black Sun, there is no longer a bounty on your head. You have won, though I'm sure you stopped caring about our little feud long ago. Tell me, what have you been up to?"

The Geki you remember is gone, Trandoshan. You see before you an altogether different creature.

*Geki leans back in his chair and eyes the bounty hunter.*

I left the Galaxy for a while, as I often do. I have interests and assets in the Corporate Sector which needed tending to. Now that pleasantries are aside... what do you want of me?

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

"I hope the Geki I know isn't completely gone. I'll need his knowledge for this. I want you to be part of a specialized team I'm putting together. Their primary objective will be to destroy an enemy I've suffered for too long."

Piccolo wanted to gage Geki's reaction. Teaming up with his old enemy, even if Geki had changed, might be hard to swallow. And when Geki found out the target it might be a bit too much. If Geki decided not to participate, he could easily sell the information Piccolo gave him to the opposite side.

"Of course, the pay would be substantial. 100,000 credits, and a bonus of 20,000 for everyone of the targets you personally destroy. Before I reveal the details I need you to fully commit to this. Once you know, I can't let you pull out, there's too much risk. Trust me, the challenge alone is worth it for a true hunter. Despite whatever changes you've gone through, you still have the hunter in you Geki. We both have it.""

Drake smiled, "If you know that I was once apart of the Rebellion, then you should realize this: a man's views of a subject rarely change. My perspective on the Empire hardly has changed. Yet, my perspective on business hasn't either: business is business."

Taking a sip of his drink, Drake finished, "My construction facilities for the Solaris Transportation Tech is currently in the process of construction a few ships for an other employer of mine. It shouldn't be a problem though, I can have your order at your door step with in a couple weeks...."

"Oh they present a challenge alright."

Piccolo heard the ticking, and observed Geki's claws. An interesting sight, Piccolo wasn't sure what to make of it. Geki seemed more different than he'd first realized. Nonetheless, having the hunter strike his own teammates was a dangerous prospect. It could backfire in numerous ways, and Geki's weak assurance wasn't making him feel anymore comfortable. Despite all this, Piccolo found himself revealing his plan.

"The Mercenaries are the target. At the very least it will be Rane Scando, Mike Attard, and Tekkan Raas. And anyone else they may have picked up. The Mercs have had a corner on the market. Assassinations, espionage, and especially bounty hunting is rarely filtered outside of their organization. Sure there are a few jobs here and there. Usually the most dangerous, or least well-paying. From where I stand it amounts to a monopoly. And it doesn't help they've interferred in Black Sun affairs every chance they've gotten. What do you say? These men are the best in the business, and it will take a team of equal might to crush them. You would be an essential member of just such a team."

"Perhaps your views have not changed... like I said, I did not bother to judge you on that, I only brought it up, as a token of open conversation. As for our negotiations, I am quite aware of the decimation of the Black Sun fleet... and reasonably would assume they are your clients. As you wish, a couple of weeks, seems quite acceptable."

Taking a final sip of his Brandy, "Just one further question, what would cause a Rebel sympathizer to allow his space station, especially, one so amazing as the Gateway, to be placed within Imperial territory? Business cannot be the only reason... Then, again, perhaps in this galaxy, it is the only reason we do anything at all."

With a plastic smile, Phillep went to shake the man's hand, "The payment will be wired to your account... upon delivery. I am sure you can trust his Majesty's government to be loyal on that. Or would you rather a half now, half later, arrangement?"

phillep.jpg

--Holo to the Rebel Alliance--

*Raiden's ass appeared on the monitors again, only this time with a smiley face drawn on it.*

Drake laughed, "The location of The Gateway is a simple matter. This system has always been my home. Regardless of who controls it, it's home to me and thus home to the Gateway."

Standing up he finished his drink, "I've made it a policy to get paid once the work is done. You can wire the payment once all your needs are met. Until we meet again good Captain." With a nod he headed out....

Phillep nodded in return, acknowledging the man's comments.

"Very well, Mr. Vortex, expect payment upon delivery. Until then..."

His voice trailed off on deaf ears and the man remained seated at the cantina, while he had an Empire to run, there was one more vital alliance that he needed to ascertain... and that was the decimated Black Sun.

He drank the rest of his brandy and ordered yet another... Phillep, obviously, had developed a high tolerance for alcohol.

phillep.jpg

*Raiden's ass appeared on the monitors again, only this time with a smiley face drawn on it.*

*Geki nods his assent.*

Very well. I will assist you in your mission, Trandoshan. My fee is one million credits. I know you and your organisation can afford it- and if you want my expertise, you'll pay.

*Geki stands and stretches theatrically.*

It's not that I need the money- but if I'm gonna betray my ex-team mates, I may as well have a good reason. So, do we got a deal?

*He extends his hand.*

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

Geki clearly knew Piccolo was desperate. The fee was much too high. But Piccolo had no choice.

"Well, that's a lot of money, but I can't do this without your help."

He gripped Geki's hand, perhaps a little tighter than intended. Piccolo still remembered the hunter's jabs at his hybrid blood.

"There is one more thing, though. You know more about the Mercs than anyone. It would be wise if you were the one to lead this mission in the field. I'll provide the funding, and be a member of the team, but no one knows best how to take them than you. If you don't feel comfortable, I'll retain leadership. But I am paying you a million credits . . ."

All right.

*Geki thinks for a moment.*

I think that it would be best if we took them out one at a time, preferably on our terms. I know Rane personally- I worked with him on a number of occasions. I'll get him on comlink, lure him somewhere, then we can kill him. Is it just gonna be us two on this mission, or do you have anyone else?

Geki1.jpg

"There will be two more, at least. Possibly a third to join as later. Individually will work, we can assemble the other two, to explain to them how we're going to do it, and go from there. I would say just us two take the job and forget about the others, but if the Mercs get the idea of what we're doing, and assemble as a unit we'll need help."

Piccolo thought about how best to do this. Rane was his primary target, and he certainly wanted to be there for his death.

"Okay, you lure Rane to whatever location you have planned, while I work on briefing the other two. When you're ready comm me and we'll join you. Me and you will take him, but the others can watch for any reinforcements he musters. Then we plan from there. How does that sound?"

Eli woke with a beep and a jolt. She had come out of hyperspace to find the large Gateway filling her viewscreen. She took control of the ship and steered it into the station. As she approached the voice of a customs officer went through her cabin.

"Please state your name and reason for visiting." The officer asked politely, "Eillen Tharen, I'm here to see Drake. Tell him Calen sent me." With that she shut off the message and waited for permisson to land. Permisson being granted Eli steered her ship onto the platform and crawled out of the hatch. Dusting herself off she thought, Well, I hope Drake meets me here, I've never been on this particular station before.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood..."-Theodore Roosevelt-

At the hanger bay Eli landed her ship at, Drake smiled with an open hand, "So you are the young jedi Calen told me about. Nice to meet you, I'm Drake."

Leading her out of the hanger, they proceed to a larger dock where a star yatch lay anchored, "I hope this will meet your needs. It has all the luxury items found in yatchs, I found this one just lying around...."

Eli's mouth dropped open, "Just lying around, this thing is gorgeous! It's huge!" She turned to Drake and looked at him with new wonder. "You have too be one of the richest men in the galaxy to be able to just let anyone borrow these." Eli walked toward the ship and placed her hand lovingly on it's side. This is really one heck of a ship, she thought. "Whats her model?" Eli asked, turning back to Drake.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood..."-Theodore Roosevelt-

Piccolo recieved an encoded transmission. It was time. He left orders for the Black Sun Captain, and also spoke to Kamino.

"You're in charge of the repairs and such until I return. It's time to face the Black Sun's enemies."

The Howling Runner was soon in hyperspace.

A laugh ran out as Drake leaned against the view port, "Who said you are borrowing this? It's yours to keep if you want. She is a Luxury 5500, one of the older additions. The guys down at Solaris TransTech have been using it as a prototype for some new systems. Now that they are done, she is just sitting around...."

A com comes in from somewhere in Space. It was a message sent to R & D of Drake Vortexs company.

"I would greatly appreciate itif you could build me a brand new droid design. Primary Protocol, infiltration and information gathering. Secondary Protocol, Combat. You will be paid handsomely for this product. I will be by to pick it up myself. This is strictly for me and me only, my code word is, Slave Ship. Unless someone says those words to the head of R & D, that droid better not leave your hands. Again I thank you."

The com closes.

Show no mercy!

Jango.jpg

Eli smiled at him and ran her hand along the side of the ship. "So, she must have a name," she continued too smile, "it's no where on the side of the ship." She looked up and down at the ship and wondered if it would be okay to keep it.

"I'm also curious about you Drake, I'm not quite sure if your the type of sentient I should take a ship from." Eli looked at him seriously and then broke into a large smile. "Jedi or not, I'm not one to pass up a free ship."

She smiled at him, "I've heard of Tares, but I don't know him. I've been gone from the jedi for a while, and don't know a lot of people." She sighed, and looked at him.

"Well," she said and smiled at him, "You still haven't told me the name of this most remarkable ship." She started walking along the side of the ship that they were currently on.

Phillep boarded the Lambda-class, having decided that his affairs with the legitimate corporate officers of the Daisaku Trading Company would be resolved at a later date.

The small shuttle departed towards the Charybdis, but Phillep left a message for Mr. Vortex at his corporate offices with a moderately competent personal secretary,

"Tell my esteemed compatriot, Mr. Drake Vortex of Concord Enterprises, to send word of the Imperial fleet additions before delivery. I would like to know of his company's progress. Thank you, Capt. Phillep of his Majesty's Imperial Navy."

As a side note, Phillep threw a small role of hundred-credit notes, "Buy yourself something nice." A wink and a smirk by the charming Imperial Captain and with that he vanished to his Charybdis.

phillep.jpg

The Black Sun Captain boots clicked on the metal surface of the Gateway, his black cape flowing behind as he walked its halls. He was flanked my two other operatives, for show more than anything. The Captain despised being powerless. This was not his home, and he held no power here. He especially hated dealing with those outside the organization. Despite Piccolo's assertions, he found them inferior. But the Black Sun was short on man power. Even he acknowledged they had no choice. The Captain located his contact and sat down with the man, the two operatives remained standing.

"Grangel Dartooni, I am here to brief you on an assignment the Black Sun would like to contract you for. The execution of the Mercenaries unit often employed by the Hutts and other underworld figures, I'm sure you've heard of them. We know the top members of the group, Rane Scando, Tekkan Raas, and Mike Attard. These will be your principle targets. The payment will be 100,000 credits, and an extra 20,000 if you personally kill one of them. What do you say?"

pJzctEZ.png

Grangel listened in astonishment as the man listed the three names. They were insane to think it was possible for him to take on these men, but he knew he had nothing to lose, and he was itching for excitement, even if the only way to obtain it was to die in a blaze of glory. He put out his claw to shake on it.

Sounds good. Count me in.

Grangel_Dartooni.jpg