Dathomir

Tarrian Skywalker

Rihn nodded. Rounding the vehicle, Rihn opened the trunk and pulled out three small backpacks, tossing each of the men one of them.

"There are three flash grenades, three smoke grenades, a pair of goggles, and a breathing mask in each of the backpacks. That way if we get in trouble we have something to fall back on."

Throwing his backpad over the shoulder he didn't have his rifle slung over, Rihn moved forward. The elevation suddenly took a steep drop after about 25 feet. Looking down at the bottom of the rocky, muddy hill, Rihn spotted the rancor. Unfortunately, there wasn't much for hiding places. The open terrain provided minimal cover aside from the occasional dead trees here and there. Being that it had recently rained, Rihn hoped that the rain might mask their scent for the moment.

Moving into a prone position, Rihn turned to look at his other two comrades, "Suggestions? The rancor is at the bottom of the hill feasting on some sort of dead creature it looks like. To get within 50 feet we are going to need to go about a quarter down the hill. But the hill looks wet and could very well be a slipping hazard. The lack of vegetation, fresh wetness from the rain, and loose rocks does little to help secure the soil. It would be a dangerous job to try and make it down the hill and then run back up before the rancor is on our tail. Suggestions, gentlemen?"

Jidai Geki said:
Hmm... the possibilities for new atrocities just widened with the advent of a new RP baby...

Beltran tilted his head, lost in thought. Utilizing the zoom feature of his helment, he zoomed in on the rancor below. It was large, but from what he had learned about Rancors in general it seemed rather young.

Inexperienced, He mused. That is always a plus.

It was a small advantage, but an advantage all the same. Being young meant that it would be easier to anger, easier to lead into a trap.

"You're right," He replied to Rihn. "Going down there doesn't seem like a good idea. I would suggest finding a way to make our quarry come to us. An attack, something non-lethal but painful from this range, should anger it enough that it will charge us."

He paused for a moment.

"As it traverses the hill, it will have to slow down somewhat or risk loosing its balance. Then we could open fire with the tranquilizer. It won't be able to manuever very well, so hitting it should not be much of a problem."

BeltranSig.jpg

Grimm stood there listening to Rarr and Rihn speak about the young rancor at the bottem of the incline. His mechanical eyes glowing their bright green, the wind whistling across the cold steel that were his arms and legs. Grimm looked over at the two gentlemen after Rarr finished speaking.

"Indeed that plan would work. Might i suggest this to enrage him." Grimm said as he reached over to his arm, and after flipping a small button, reached into the comparment on his arm, and removed a concussion grenade. "This shouldn't penetrate his hide, but it will enrage him like we want.

He handed Rihn the concussion grenade, and turning around toward the rancor, readied his weapons. His eyes began to glow even greener, almost as bright as a green lightsaber, as Grimm began to enter his hunter mode. His hunter mode was something he had learned back on Necropolis, the dreaded place where he inherited his strength. It was a tunnel vision type manuever, in which he only saw what he was hunting, nothing else. Now in the hunter mode, he was ready for the hunt to begin.

((Sorry, my mind went blank with this post. I should have a better one next time.))

Rihn grinned, "Great suggestions from both you of. I like how you two think. Prep for combat everyone... in three... two... one..."

With such a large target and a strong arm, Rihn found little problem nailing the rancor in the back, even from 75 feet. Almost immediately, the grenade exploded. The rancor screamed and turned trying to locate the source of its irritation. Standing tall, Rihn flailed his arms and whistle at the beast.

"Their eyesight isn't nearly as good as ours in the daylight, but I think we've got its attention."

Rihn waited for its advance. As the creature moved to the bottom of the hill and sniffed the air, Rihn positioned his weapon. The creature had to be in range or close to it he figured. Rihn unleashed a round of ammo. He couldn't tell at this range if the projectiles hit and stuck, but the rancor's movements did confirm that they had at least hit him.

Then a funny thing happen. Rihn wasn't even halfway through his loaded ammo before the rancor turned and stormed off in the other direction. Moving across the dirt, the rancor disappeared into a medium-sized passageway created by the canyon's formation. Rihn hadn't even noticed it originally being that it must have been a good 150 feet from their position and was shrouded in darkness.

Turning to the other two, Rihn question, "Did you two get a chance to fire on the beast before it left? ...And...and where does that 'passageway' lead to? Grrr... I don't really think it would be very safe to chase the rancor into that thing."

Jidai Geki said:
Hmm... the possibilities for new atrocities just widened with the advent of a new RP baby...

Grimm was about to take the shot when the beast ran into a passageway leading to another part of the canyon. He had been lineing up his shot, waiting for that perfect angle when Rihn had shot at the beast, and what appeared to be a hit followed which drove the beast away.

"Damn it", swore grimm as he missed his opportunity, and he stood up to face Rihn who had begun questioning him and Rarr. Grimm politely replied... "No, sorry, i was lineing up my shot when he took off..... The passageway appears to lead off to another part of the canyon.... But yes, it could be dangerous to follow, mainly because we'll be in capable reach of the Rancor..... But if you wish, i will follow you through the passage. What a hunt that would be."

Grimm kind of chuckled at his last comment, because it was surely what would happen. It would be one hell of a hunt to follow the rancor through there, one he could one day tell his grandkids. Turning back to Rihn, Grimm spoke once more. "But like i said, i will follow if you wish to go that route."

Rihn frowned as he nodded, "I know there has got to be a better way. But it's hard to say for sure. I'd hate to let the rancor just get away like that. Beltran?"

As he spoke, Rihn had already opened his auxiliary canister and began reloading his weapon. He had fire four shots so he would need to crack three casings to reload. After doing so, he made sure the rest of the casings were back in the extra canister and strapped it back to his side.

Jidai Geki said:

Beltran muttered an old Lorrdian curse as the Rancor turned off, he'd managed to fire a couple of shots but he was unsure whether they hit their target or not.

Pulling out some extra catridges, Beltran quickly reloaded his weapon. Lost in thought, he made no attempt to enter the others' conversation for several moments.

"I saw you hit it at least once and I probably hit it once," Beltran mused. "So more than likely it'll be feeling the effects of the tranquilizer already. I figure we can follow it in the speeder. Since it already knows we're coming, the element of surprise isn't an issue and we'll gain an advantage in speed and manueverability. In addition, if things do get sticky, we always have the cannon mount to back us up..."

He paused for a moment, as if sifting through all the pros and cons of the arguement.

"Of course, the reason he ran off could be that there are more Rancors over there, and we'd be walking into an ambush..."

BeltranSig.jpg

Rihn frowned.

I didn't like the idea of being ambushed.

With a sigh, Rihn stared into the blank surrounding for a few more seconds.

"Is it just me or is that noise suddenly getting louder again?"

Rihn's question was answered before anyone could respond. Ascending from the canyon only 30 some feet to the left, the youthful rancor disclosed the clevernice of its den. Thinking about the design, the nest almost reminded him of a species of ant-lion he had watched as a child. Their nests were built on the fact that once a creature descended into the unsteady ground, it would be impossible to escape from sinking to the bottom. The more one resisted, the more footing they lost and the quicker they were sucked into the bottom.

The predator had to do little work as the prey came to him. Only the rancor had added something else to the mix. He had a nearby exitway leading right up to the surface above. He was now on top of them.

What a turn of fate.

Quite sure of himself, Rihn decided that going down there on foot wasn't an option. It would just trap them more. But they were more than 20 feet from the speeder and the rancor had the speed advantage and the pursuit angle. They couldn't beat him there. He knew he needed to do something and quick. The rancor was closing.

I light suddenly went off in Rihn's head.

Motioning for the other two to head for the vessel, Rihn commanded, "Make a run for the speeder! I'll cover you!"

Jidai Geki said:

Beltran reacted instantly to the sudden change in circumstances. Dashing foward, he closed the distance to the speeder within seconds. Behind him, he heard motion from the others, presumably following in his wake.

This creature is cunning, He mused briefly. However it only serves to increase the challenge.

Jumping over the speeder's sidewalls, Beltran moved behind the controls. Activating the speeder's ignition system, he circled the land craft around, providing his conrades with easier access.

"Grimm take the cannon mount, if you please."

His voice was cold and calm, but it conveyed a sense of urgency as the creature swiftly bore down on them.

BeltranSig.jpg

As Grimm ran toward the speeder, he jumped in midair, landing perfectly on the back of the vehicle within hand reach of the blaster cannon. He grabbed the controls of the cannon, turned it toward the Rancor and started blasting away at the creature.

Just as the creature appeared to be jumping down at Rihn, Grimm caught the creature right between the eyes with it, knocking it to the side. The creature stood up, the burn mark still smoking between it's eyes, looked dead at Grimm and appeared to smile. Grimm started fireing again at the creature when it started to charge. "Come on Rihn", Grimm barked as he leveled another blaster round into the creature, this time in the chest. Grimm smiled as the creature closed in on them. This would indeed be a hunt to remember.

To distract the rancor and keep it from cutting off the other two fired off three more blasts from his projectile rifle and then flipped it over his shoulder, pulling out the blaster pistol that had been strapped to his leg.

It was enough to keep the rancor coming for him and distracted as the other two made it to the speeder. While Rihn ran backwards still firing at the beast, it charged. Rihn knew he couldn't outrun the monster. He could only hope that he would receive assistance soon.

As the rancor finally began to bear down on Rihn, he heard blaster fire.

They made it to the landspeeder.

The creature roared as it was hit several times, but stayed focused on Rihn. Snatching him up, lifted him into the air towards its mouth. Rihn struggled to free himself when suddenly the rancor was hit square between its eyes. The beast dropped Rihn and fell to the ground itself.

Rising back up, the rancor turned its attention for the speeder, charging full speed. Meanwhile, Rihn winced after being dropped from nearly 20 ft in the air.

Looking up, Rihn weakly yelled over the comm, "Stop shooting! Stop shooting! We want this thing as uninjured as possible. Just move away. It should stop any second."

Even as Rihn spoke, he could tell by the rancors movements that the tranquilizer was settting in. It was only moments before the creatures charge turned into a jog, and then into a trot, and finally it ceased all forward motion. The rancor growned as it collapsed face-first into the dirt with a thud, sending a ploom of dust into the air.

Rihn laughed over the comm as he rolled over onto his back, "Congratulations, boys. We've got ourselves our first rancor!"

Jidai Geki said:

As Rihn's triumphant laughter came across the COMM, Beltran manuevered the speeder over to the leader's position. Deactivating the vehicle's ignition system, Beltran hopped over the side of the speeder and landed on the ground. Walking forward, he took in the sight of the tranquilized Rancor. Then he walked over to Rihn, reaching out to help the man get up.

"Are we going after any others?" He asked.

BeltranSig.jpg

Rihn took his hand and limped up to his feet.

"Ouch... that rancor did I number to my hip."

Holding his side, Rihn hobbled over to the craft, "Captain. This is EO Rihn. Come in."

"Sir. It's good to hear you are well."

Rihn frowned, "What are you not telling me, Rah'tek!"

"Uh...nothing, sir. I'm just glad to hear you are alright. Did you catch the rancor?"

"Yes. We need you to come over here and pick it up, please."

"Yes, sir."

"Oh...and Captain..."

"Yes, sir?"

"What the hell happened to my ship?!"

"Uh...well...uh..."

"Captain!"

"Well...it's gone..."

"You already told me that! What happened to it?!"

"They left a message about some kind of imperial code violation and that they will be at Ryloth in the impound."

Still hot under his collar, Rihn replied, "Thank you, captain. Now get over here and load this rancor!"

Turning his attention back to his men, Rihn sighed, "We are done here, boys, and it looks like we'll have to catch a ride home."

Rihn slammed his fist against the landspeeder. The last thing he wanted to do was spend more time with Captain Rah'tek on his smelly old ship with a smelly old rancor.

Jidai Geki said:

As Rihn slammed his fist into the speeder, Grimm lost his balance, falling off the speeder and onto the ground. "Hey!", proclaimed Grimm as he stood up and dusted himself off. "I guess we could hitch a ride back to Tatooine." With that said, Grimm made his way over to the rancor, noticing the tranqulizer was still in him. "Best leave that be for now", Grimm said to himself as he grabbed one of the rancor's arms and started pulling the beast over to the speeder.

Although the rancor was pretty heavy, he had managed to pull the creature the whole way. Grimm was given super strength back on Necropolis from being bitten by one of the planet's many experiments. His strength matched that of a wookie. But now, with the good doctor's strength enhancers, he was even stronger. Finally reaching the speeder Grimm dropped the beast's arm, and spoke to both Rarr & Rihn. "Ready to go?"

Beltran surpressed the sudden urge to hit someone. They had taken his ship, probably sorted through and stolen all of his equipment, with the exception of his Oracle armor which he had luckily been wearing.

Turning to Rihn, he nodded, managing to keep his face impassive. He would get his ship back in time, as well as the heads of the beings who had taken it. As he watched, Grimm somehow managed to drag the fallen creature over to the speeder single-handedly.

Interesting... He thought to himself.

Standing there, Beltran said nothing. He simply waited for the freighter to arrive.

BeltranSig.jpg

Touching down, a crew of thugs disenbarked from the ship and set their equipment up to that the rancor could be taken to the hold. Meanwhile, Rihn followed making sure they took the utmost care in moving it.'

Once they were finally finished, Rihn met up with the others in the eating area.

"Nice work, gentlemen. We should now be back to the palace shortly. How is our creature count going by the way?"

Jidai Geki said:

Beltran nodded to Rihn as he approached and sat down. The food on the freighter was absolutely terrible, but Beltran knew he needed a hot meal. Since his ship had been taken, he was forced to remain locked within his armor. When he returned to the palace, Beltran's first act would be to find a change of clothes and then to kill something.

"That would put us at two so far," Beltran responded. "Animando and I have already brought in a Wampa from Hoth."

BeltranSig.jpg

Grimm sat around the eating area watching workmen pass back and forth through out the room, coming in from work, eating, and going back. How funny it was to him, how every living being in the galaxy did this without even thinking. Grimm longed for food, for he hadn't had a bite since Umaga's good doctor had turned him into this droid.

Turning to Rihn and Rarr's conversation, he spoke. "So, how many are we needing?" Reaper looked around, awaiting one of them to respond, and glanced down at his wrist, looking over his power meter. He spoke again to the two. "When we get back, the first thing i'm going to do is recharge my batteries". Grimm chuckled, and went back to his observing.

• 1 month later...

Instantaneously a Super Star Destroyer accompanied by a fleet of 9 more Star Destroyers all with the task of fulfilling their emperor's desires. The Dathomiri Witches were the strongest natural born Force Users in the galaxy but also in no comparison as technologically advanced as many squads of Stormtroopers herding them together. Once each of the Ships were situated Nokrt gave the signal to have the Troopers Land including his Lieutenants new band of troops ((SCUBBY THAT IS YOU)) which had a more special mission to be received once they land safely on the planet.

COMM TO PLANET

----------------------------------------------

"People of Dathomir, Imperial Forces will be arriving on ground shortly to receive dues to us your planet owes in tribute. We have no monetary sum on such things therefore We are going to take some of your citizens for impressment. Our conditions are so. If you do not resist and hand us over 500 Virgin Witches and 500 Rancor Training Males, we will leave you in peace. If you do wish to resist however, we will be forced to smother your villages with the power of our turbolasers."

-----------------------------------------------

Nokrt turned away and looked to the man who remained beside him.

"Silas, have you ever met a Dathomiri Witch before?"

Lieutenant Xavier gave Scubby the signal to allow his transport to depart. It disengaged and made is way toward the planet. Once it arrived there it landed in a jungle like environment and a messenger awaited to hand Scubby his breifing.

Edited by Guest

SOCeTJx.png?1

Resident Tech and Video Game Geek

Well, crap, Sasori is correct.

Not to be a spoil sport, but Norkt, you don't have that many ships... the fleet rules are very specific... the full size of any fleet is no bigger then 9 capital ships and 1 SSD.

So that is all that you have... so any posts with more then the allowable fleet size is nulled... thank you and have a nice day.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

((Actually, since Victories are capital ships, I'm afraid that you are still, in fact, a douche.))

::Nokrt receives a highly encrypted comm informing him that Dathomir is already being used for a genetics experiment, and that tampering with it will have severe consequences.::

MGw9G2u.jpg

((Victories are under the classification of Frigate last I checked...Oh well. Thanks for the Comment.))

The Grand Admiral acknowledges the comm made from his Dark Lord and thus proceeds to pull all troops from the ground securing them aboard the 9 Star Destroyers. After such had been completed the Grand Admiral turned to Silas with a smirk on his face.

"It is sometimes impossible for even someone as high placed as myself to know where I am allowed to be. The Sith have become ever elusive in these past few months and I keep finding myself on the bounds of extermination with them."

The Chiss looked down to the two lightsabers hooked to his belt. Each were unique and had a very special purpose, but the Chiss knew a truly trained Stih Master would be able to overtake him and his entire crew.

"Do you know of a place Silas that we can acquire some slaves? I know Ryloth has many Twi'lek women we could have for the Emperor however we have done so many times in the past. I would prefer a war of some sort to take place. I crave the stink of death."

Just then it popped into his head what was necessary. The Hutts had large supplies of Alien slaves. And they had become quite a thorn i the side of Imperial/Sith affairs.

"How would you like to make short war with the Hutts?"

((All my troops are off the ground, we are in orbit but not for ,long, our disruption in the genetics program has ended. Also, If I am only a psychopath I could have swore in the Battle of Haruun Kal that Dagon had brought in nearly 50 Star Destroyers. Whether they were Victory Class or not I cannot remember but they were indeed there.))

SOCeTJx.png?1

Resident Tech and Video Game Geek

Well, crap, Sasori is correct.

((Victories are under the classification of Frigate last I checked...Oh well. Thanks for the Comment.))

Frigates count as Cap ships in this RP

((All my troops are off the ground, we are in orbit but not for ,long, our disruption in the genetics program has ended. Also, If I am only a psychopath I could have swore in the Battle of Haruun Kal that Dagon had brought in nearly 50 Star Destroyers. Whether they were Victory Class or not I cannot remember but they were indeed there.))

That is what we call be extremely skilled in the art of illusion.

Carnage.jpg

• 3 months later...

Zara piloted the Count's ship down to her families private hanger bay, sending out the codes required to automatically open the ceiling 'doors'. Touching down, Zara turned back towards Draken.

"We can secure your ship here so that it will be safe."

As they had come down, Zara had brought the ship down on such an angle so that the local village was visible. The Clan lived on the other side of the forest, along side of the river, hidden from view as the huts were in amongst the trees.

144JyIb.jpg