Dathomir

Tarrian Skywalker

Draken nodded. "Thank you and may I say, welcome home." He smiled and stood to his feet. He slid his sabres back up into their wrists sheaths and buttoned his shirt up before slipping his cloak around his shoulders and fastening it with a elegant onyx clasp. He glanced over at Zara, she looked quite different now, she looked much more at ease.

"Shall we go to meet your clan. That way you can show them your new prize." Draken winked at her then straightened up and looked out of the hanger bay at the river. This is when he would get to see what she was like at home.

E nomini patri, et Fili e spiritu sancti.

Once they had left the ship, Zara bearing notably changed. Her spine was straighter, her head held proud. She took her bag off her clan sister, throwing it over her shoulder as the girls led the way out of the secured hanger. Zara took the precautions after they had left it, casting a spell of protection as well as the high technical security system. Zara had laughed at his comment, getting the feeling that he would 'play the game' with her 'protecting him'.

"No need to delay then. Hope you can ride."

The last time she had been home, she'd had her children with her, therefore having taken one of the carts through the forest. Since she didn't have young one's to worry about this time, they would ride the horses. The two women led the way to the stables, Zara and Kara both on the look out with all their senses for the enemies whereabouts. No doubt the Nightsisters would have spies in the village again. There was always one that could be easily corrupted.

Once at the stables, Zara moved to Draken's side, "You had better stay close to either myself or Kara. I've a bad feeling..."

144JyIb.jpg

Draken looked unsure for a second, then looked at the stables. "Horses?" He looked slightly worried for a moment as he had thought first that they would be forced to ride a Rancor. He looked over the horses, trying to decide which one he should choose to ride. Several of the stallions caught his attention as did a white gelding. He stepped up to the gelding and held out his hand toward it.

It snapped its teeth at him and reared up, flailing with its hooves. Draken quickly rolled out of the way, moving back towards Zara and Kara. "I dont think I will ride that one." He looked over the stallions once more, studying their eyes and the intellegence within. He reached out with the Force and touched each of the stallions minds. Most of the stallion's shied away from the mental contact, but one magnificant black stallion that would make an excellent warhorse, moved closer to the end of the fence.

Draken moved closer to the horse and looked at its eyes. There was a fierce gleam in its eyes as it looked back at him. Then he held out his hand to the horse and it moved closer with a loud whinny. He nodded and moved toward the wall to find a saddle. It took him only a minute to find and saddle and he vaulted inside the fence. The horse reared for a moment before it calmed down. It slowly moved closer to him again, allowing him to strap on the saddle.

Draken led the horse out of the fence and swung easily into the saddle. The horse neighed loudly and reared in the air, its hooves flailing until Draken reined it in. He looked over at Zara and Kara. "Lead the way."

Zara laughed again at how the gelding acted towards Draken. "No, I don't think you should ride that one... pick another..."

While he was choosing his mount, Zara and Kara both chose theirs. Zara saddled up a palomino stallion, it's mane almost silver against the creamy hide. Kara saddled up a roan stallion. The girls reigned in their mounts, moving alongside Draken. "I'll lead, you'll come next and Kara will bring up the rear. We've all got fast mounts and somehow I have a feeling we'll need them to be swift and sure footed. Keep an eye out. I still have that feeling..."

She led out then, turning the stallion towards the path into the forest. Leaning forward, she whispered a spell into the stallions ears so that they could communicate. She had often done that with Rascal, the large black cat more like another member of the family than a pet. The stallion was uneasy as well, twitching it's ears back and forth as they moved further into the forest.

Zara kept alert with all of her senses, glancing back occasionally to see how Draken and Kara were. She caught sight of the concerned look on Kara's face as well, the two women briefly locking gazes before Zara looked back to the front. One hand rested near her sword, her saber in it's hidden sheathe. She also had a hidden dagger sheathed in one of her gauntlets.

144JyIb.jpg

Draken opened his mind to the force, reaching out and touching Zara for a moment, enough to leave a link for her to him. When he realized that both Zara and Kara were on edge, he blanked out his Force signature, hiding it so that only a Jedi or Sith Master that was highly attuned to the Force would be able to notice. Zara would still be able to notice his force presence only because he had forged a connection to her mind.

Noticing that Zara and Kara had their hands near their weapons, Draken began to loosen his daggers and then his twin swords which had been hidden under his cloak. All that was heard from him was a slight metal hiss from the blades he carried. He began to keep his head turning from the left to right and back again when something caught his eyes. It looked like a face and Draken released a tiny thread of the force toward the face.

A moment later Draken felt the familiar taint of a Darkside user. He sent a small force wave toward Zara. Zara, Darkside user to the left, hidden within the forest. We are being tracked, I have only seen one, but I believe there are more.

At first Zara threw up her guards until she recognised Draken's presence touching her mind. It seemed strange when he forged the link between them, the only other man she had a mental link with was Sabian. She felt him reduce his presence in the Force seconds before she felt the first Nightsister close by. Her eyes scanned the forest, passing back a silent acknowledgment to Draken that she had found the first one also.

She knew their tricks and how they would try and force the issue with them. As they reached a fork in the path, the 'scout' made herself more noticeable. The normal procedure was to avoid the Nightsisters at all costs, though Zara had the feeling that the Nightsister was trying to force them into taking the path to the right rather than to the left. The path to the left was the quickest way to the Clan while the path to the right was the long way around. It was also one that had many places set for ambushes.

Making a quick decision, Zara drew her saber hilt rather than her sword, clipping the latter back into it's sheathe. She turned her mount towards the left path, touching the minds of her companions with her suspicions of an ambush down the other path. Kara wanted to avoid confrontation, though Zara decided that she wouldn't fall for the Nightsisters trap. If need be, she would take the Nightsister prisoner herself. Mentally she checked her inventory of weaponry she was draped with, making sure she had the neurocollar. She'd use that on the Nightsister if it came to it.

The Clan rarely instigated confrontation with the Nightsisters, which was how Zara knew that this was a trap. As she led the other two further to the left, the Nightsister acted, showing herself by moving to the center of the path in an effort to make Zara and her party retreat. Zara gathered her force powers and her inventory of spells, her hand holding the hilt of her double bladed saber.

The stallion that Zara was riding shifted uneasily as the Nightsister began to cast a spell. Zara leapt from the horses back, force pushing the Nightsister backwards with a wave of her hand, disrupting the spell as the Nightsister showed shock across her face. Zara hadn't used a counterspell and that was what shocked her.

Zara brought the hilt up as the Nightsister drew her sword, her blades extending with a *snap hiss* as she shot a warning back towards Draken and Kara. If they could capture this one, she had a way of subduing her.

144JyIb.jpg

Draken pulled at the reins of his stallion, pulling him an abrupt stop. He had seen Zara vault from her horse and attack the Nightsister. He smiled when he saw her use the force to disrupt the Nightsisters spell. Draken looked at Kara and nodded, then leapt up into the air flipping easily over Zara, her horse and the Nightsister. He landed with the faintest whisper of sound on the other side of the Nightsister. The suprise showed in her eyes at the length and power of his jump.

He threw out his hand catching her in an extremely powerful force grip and slamming her against a nearby tree. A gasp was all he heard from her as he moved closer to her. Releasing the barrier on his presence in the force, the full effect of his presence and power returned to him with an audible crash. Draken placed his hand on her forehead and attempted to enter her mind. When he did so, the nightsister rebuffed his efforts, blocking off her mind to his attempts to invade it.

Draken closed his eyes for a moment, his brow furrowing in concentration as he harnessed the Force. When his eyes opened again, they were devoid of all color. His hand clenched on her forehead causing her to gasp in pain before Draken unleashed the Force in her mind. As he released the force into her mind he pushed aside or destroyed all of her mental barriers. With her mind open to him, Draken began to pull the knowledge of the Nightsisters from her mind and how they had planned several ambushes along the right path.

The nightsister attempted to block part of her mind again, trying to stop him from seeing what else she knew. Even with him inside her mind, she attempted to cast a spell. Draken noticed her lips moving and released a bolt of Force lightning into her causing her to scream in pain and drop the attempted mental barrier from the remaining knowledge she had.

Draken quickly seized the knowledge and began to sift through it. As it seemed that had been a spy among Zara's clan that had been working as one of the hanger bay guards and had alerted the Nightsisters to the arrival of Zara, Kara and Draken The spy's plan had been to kill Kara, capture Zara and the male companion that was with her. Draken withdrew from the Nightsister's mind, then put her into a comotose-like state.

Draken extended his mind once more, this time searching the surrounding forest. He soon found what he had been searching for. There was a second Nightsister near by that was creeping ever closer to Zara with the intent of capture or killing her. Draken quickly let a dagger fall into his hand and flung it into the woods just above Zara's head. A cry was heard from the tree above her head and a body pitched forward, the woman wearing the color of the Raging River clan.

Kara had drawn her sword, taking up a guard position. Zara was momentarily distracted as she saw the colour drained from his eyes, seeing the way he dealt with the nightsister. She shuddered slightly before raising her guards again, her eyes scanning the forest, aware again that her companion was very skilled in the use of the Darkside.

She only missed the other threat because it hadn't felt like a Nightsister. Rather, one of her own Clan. As Draken flicked the dagger, Zara had ducked, her blade moving in a defensive manner as she spun around, her eyes moving in the direction of where he had thrown the dagger. As the woman fell to the ground, Zara moved forward, Kara still on guard. She hadn't noticed the threat either, being that the woman had most likely used a spell familiar to the Clan itself.

Shock appeared on her face as she recognised the face of the fallen woman. Zara had thought that maybe the nightsisters had disguised themselves in the Raging River Clan's shield colours, though seeing the familiar face... it did come as a shock to her. The woman had the first signs of turning to the Nightsisters, though there was something else.

Zara's gaze shifted towards Kara, seeing the shock on her face at both recognising their clan sister along with seeing how powerful and dark Draken was. Her eyes shifted back towards Bella, lying wounded on the ground.

"Why? How did they get to you?"

In between groans and moans of pain, Bella answered, "They... they have Gordy and Ella. They... made me... I... didn't know... what... to do..."

With her connection to the Force, Zara realised the woman was telling the truth. Bringing out her neurocollar, she placed it around Bella's neck as a precaution. Between herself and Kara, they removed the dagger and performed a healing spell to close the wound. They'd take her back to the Clan along with the Nightsister.

"Draken, could you restrain the Nightsister somehow so we can get her back to the Clan?"

Zara wasn't sure what to think, her eyes going towards Kara who now was keeping her distance from him, whether from awe or from caution was unknown. They put Bella up on Kara's mount with her, Kara now leading off towards the Clan while Zara moved her mount towards Draken.

"Doesn't seem like you need protecting..."

144JyIb.jpg

Draken rose to his feet as Zara helped her fallen Clan's sister to her feet and onto Kara's horse. He held out his hand and called to his dagger from where it lay on the ground. It leapt into the air and flew back over into his hand. He looked at the blood coating the dagger blade and shook his head. Bending down, Draken wiped the blood off his dagger using the Nightsister's cloak. Once the blade was clean, he tucked it back into its sheath and whistled to his horse.

"Do not worry Zara. The Nightsister will not awaken until such time as we see fit. I rendered her into a comotose like state, however the only thing that can bring her from that state is myself at the moment. " He paused for a moment as his horse trotted over to him and stopped beside him. Draken lifted the Nightsister over his shoulder and set her across the horses back, using a nearby vine to secure her hands and feet to the saddle.

"I apologize for my actions Zara. I did not wish to unleash the force in such a manner as I was forced to do. What I did, I did to protect you. Their interest seemed aimed more so towards you rather then myself. Had their interests been focused on myself, I wouldnt have reacted in this manner. I would have allowed them to attack before retaliating, however since it seemed to be you that they were seeking, I was forced to act first."

He grinned sheepishly when she mentioned about protecting him. "Well I would perfer to keep your offer of protection as we enter your clan's home. I would rather not be claimed by any of your clanswomen. I will attempt not to use the darkside in such a manner unless your life is threatened again."

With those words, Draken swung back into his saddle and reined the stallion in beside Zara. "Shall we ride?"

Zara was reassured when he mentioned the Nightsister wouldn't come out of her state until he brought her out, though that kind of power had her wary. When he apologised for his actions, saying that he was protecting her, that he had noticed that their focus had been more on her than him, she felt confused... in more ways than one. Why were they so interested in her for? Was it because they figured they would get a ransom by capturing her? Well Zara had had enough of being captured by anyone, especially after her last two instances...

Her eyes narrowed as she looked upon the Nightsister. "What information did you get from her? I would like to know."

Zara would protect him from her Clan sisters as he asked, reassured also by his promise not to use the darkside in that manner unless she was in danger... That also confused her, the Dathomiri woman finding her emotions were just as confused as she was.

They set off again, after Kara, again on guard for any other strikes against them.

Luckily there were no other encounters on the way. As they reached the Raging River Clan's village, the women came out to meet them. Their eyes went straight to the bound passengers, Zara demonstrating her other skills by levitating both women, one at a time to the ground for her Clan Sisters to deal with.

Their attention soon focused on Draken, Zara moving to stand beside him, placing her hand upon his arm, letting the others know that he was 'spoken for'. It was the best way she could 'protect' him from her Clan Sisters.

144JyIb.jpg

Draken paused a moment as they rode into the village. "Very well Zara. Once we have a bit of privacy apart from your clanswomen I will allow you to glean the knowledge you seek from a small part of my mind. It is easier to impart the knowledge from her mind into your mind then to explain it."

Reining his horse in so that he was a short distance from Zara, he watched her demonstrate her skills in the force to her clan and studied their reactions. When they turned toward him, he began to be a bit worried. There were a lot of desireous women looking at him without hiding any of their interest. Cringing inwardly he glanced at Zara, relieved to see her moving toward him.

Once she had let the other clan members know that he was hers, so to speak, Draken began to relax. He grinned lightly as he nodded to her in thanks. "I was getting worried there for a moment."

Zara gave him a nod, figuring as soon as they were alone a while she'd get that information. She couldn't help the amusement as the Raging River Clans women eyed off the Count. Seeing the concerned look on his face before she placed her hand on his arm made her grey eyes sparkle. With much mischief shining in her eyes she had to say,

"You better keep me happy Count or I may just set them loose on you..."

The Link Owner had trouble keeping a straight face as she turned from him, signaling to one of the male slaves then telling him in her native tongue to take the bags on the saddles into her hut. Turning back to Draken she added,

"Follow me"

Her voice was that of the Dathomiri Warrior woman, giving him no option but to follow her into the Hut. Once inside and alone Zara turned back towards him.

"You'll have to follow my lead while here or I won't be able to protect you. And believe me, there is a shortage of husband material around here at the moment."

She grinned at him.

"Now, lets get that information"

She settled down on a comfortable chair and waited until he initiated the link to his mind to show her what he had learnt from the Nightsister.

144JyIb.jpg

Draken bowed his head much as a servant would if commanded by their master. It was extremely hard for him not to laugh about the situation he was currently in. He considered it for a moment before coughing to hide his chuckle as he thought about what Alora would say to him if see could see him at that very moment.

He quickly follwed her into the hut before breaking down into a bout of silent laughter. He held up one finger asking silently for a moment to regain his breath. Once he had stopped laughing, he moved toward Zara and held out his hand to her. Then he opened his mind, blocking just about all of his knowledge, but that which had come from the nightsister's mind.

"We will use our hands as a way to establish contact between our mind. While your hand touches mine, you will be able to find the knowledge that I gleaned from the Nightsister's mind. but when our hands part the contact is broken."

Zara had been amused at his silent laughter though kept her face neutral while he controlled himself. When he held out his hand, she was very hesitant about placing her hand within his. I'm nervous... why am I so nervous about it? It's just getting information... but why does he need to hold my hand when he forged that link before...? Confused thoughts circled her mind as she gathered up her courage to place her hand within his.

Lowering her hand to his, she felt the warmth of his skin. She swallowed, pushing the confusion away, wanting to know what he had found out from the Nightsister. While she was curious as to know just what he thought of her, and if he was being genuine, Zara was nervous about the outcome... frightened of it even... She kept her mind focused on finding out what information he had gleaned from the Nightsister instead.

Zara felt relieved at finding out that they had indeed set several ambushes on that right pathway. She didn't feel so bad about initiating the confrontation now. She sifted through the other information, seeing what they had gotten Bella to do, how they were to kill Kara and capture both she and Draken. She saw the plans on how they had intended to perform this capture and how they had been so intent on having them go down the other pathway.

That Zara was headstrong in what she wanted to do and what she felt was right had saved them from whatever plans the Nightsisters had for them. She couldn't see what they had wanted with her though. Was it because she was considered 'ransom material'? (which wouldn't do them any good but they wouldn't realise that) Or was it for some other more sinister reason?

With more questions than answers floating through her mind, Zara released Draken's hand, murmuring her thanks as she mulled over what she had learnt. She would have to speak with the Clan Leaders and see what she could find out. They would need to question the captured Nightsister further and also send a rescue party for Bella's family. Bella would need to be rehabilitated back into the Clan as well.

"I'd love to know what they are up to. Why they wanted to capture us so badly..."

144JyIb.jpg

Draken nodded when she broke the connection between them, he could tell that she was curious about more then Just the Nightsisters plans. He could see the way her brow was furrowed just slightly. "I'd love to know what they are up to. Why they wanted to capture us so badly..."

"I know Zara, I would love to know that myself. I wish there was a way to find it out, but there is nothing more inside the Nightsister's mind. I had broken down every barrier inside her mind, she was only young. I do not believe that they trusted her enough to reveal the entire plan to her. Instead. I think that they told her as much as they needed to in case she had been captured.

Your clans sister, I am not sure of. I know that she had an other reason to join with them." Draken paused and stroked his goatee, something he tended to do when he was either confused or in deep thought. His eyes closed slowly and he pulled the force to him as he began to meditate. He would put this time to very good use. He let the power of the darkside sweep over him, it calmed his spirit and his pulse and breathing slowed as he slid deeping into a light meditative trance, one from which he could be easily stirred from.

"If we were to capture another Nightsister we could probably find out. They are up to something that is for sure..."

Zara fell silent when he seemed to go into a meditation. She moved over to the door, glancing back at him once before leaving the hut. If he wanted to know where she was he could reach out for her.

She headed over to the Clan Leader's hut, letting the others know that she wished to speak with her. Once inside, the two women discussed what had been gleaned from the Nighsister and what they could do about it. Also what were they going to do about Bella and her family...

144JyIb.jpg

As darkness fell, Draken sank deeper into his meditation. His mind slipping away in the currents of the Darkside, drifting endlessly in the Force. He could feel Zara's presence through the force and he let his mind scan the area around her. It wasn't that he didn't trust her clan, but with the information that they had gleaned from the Nightsister, Draken was worried about her. If any darkside users attempted to approach her, he would know before the clanswomen did.

Zara lost track of the time while they were in the intense discussions. All agreed that the Nightsisters were up to something but what that was continued to be a mystery. After the talks finished for the night, Zara left the main hut, moving back through the shadows towards her own. Silently she slipped into the hut, looking at Draken as she entered.

Not long after she had entered the hut, another slave appeared with their evening meals. Zara placed them on the table as she asked.

"Anything you wish to talk about before we retire?"

144JyIb.jpg

Zara waited until she was seated before answering him,

"Mostly the Nightsisters and what they could be up to. We're open to suggestions on how to retrieve Bella's family from their clutches. No one seems to know why they were interested in ... detaining us as we came in either. No rumors have been heard."

Zara began her meal, enjoying the simple village fair of meat and vegetable stew. Looking back up from her plate she added,

"What do you think of Dathomir so far..."

Her grey eyes sparkled with mischief.

144JyIb.jpg

Draken nodded as he sat down to their evening meal. The simple meal that was before him, appealed to him in an appitizing way. The stew smelled rather good as it set before him. He dipped his spoon into it and sampled it slowly. The stew was spicy and was filled with savory tender meat.

Draken smiled. "My compliments to the cook of this stew. This is a fine stew, I have not tasted something like this before." He continued to eat for several moment before stopping to talk. "It would be quite difficult for your Clanswomen to hunt the Nightsisters efficently. All of you have a noticeable Lightsider force presence and those of us that weild the other side of the Force are able to pick up on your alignment rather easily.

However one such as myself might be able to approach them unnoticed due to my darkside presence. Hiding your presence would be fairly easly as well I believe."

"I'll pass on your compliments to the communal chef's." Zara answered as she savored her stew.

"What would you suggest we do then? We will have to discuss any plan with the Clan Leaders. How would you disguise me and what sort of action would you suggest?"

144JyIb.jpg

After finishing his stew, Draken set the bowl to the side and resumed talking. "Alright, what I have in mind are several night raids. Conducted over different nights at different parts of the planet. They have to be swift, in and out, killing only as neccessary. Stunning or paralizing however are fully acceptable. The plan is to capture several nightsisters and then once we return here, I will break down their mental barriers and take the knowledge from their minds.

I will diguise you using a mixture of Force illuison and Force with a larger taint of the Darkside."

Zara sat back in her chair observing the Count as he told her of his plan. "Over several nights?" She was already missing her children and didn't want to have this go on for any longer than necessary.

"If you are thinking of conducting several night raids, they'll be more prepared after the first one. You don't know the Nightsisters. I want this done quickly so I can get back to my children."

That she missed her children was obvious.

144JyIb.jpg

Draken nodded slowly. "Very well Zara. If you want this done quickly, then you will have to get me permission to conduct the raids alone. I can not risk you being injured or worse being killed. I wont put your children through that pain, I however am alone. My death would not cause as much pain as your death would.

Besides Zara, one person can move faster then two. Also I am better equipped for stealth."

"You're not expendable Draken. Don't think like that. I don't plan on getting killed and I would be much saddened if you were to be. You'll need assistance. If you wish to, you can lead the advance assault, then the Clan could follow. We should hit them hard and do what we need to do in one hit rather than a few. Then we could leave to head back to the Casino."

Zara was concerned at his logic. Surely he had something to live for? To go to the Nightsister's camp alone would be courting death or capture and she didn't want that to happen to him at all. Just how do I feel though...? The confused thought passed through her mind.

144JyIb.jpg

"Very well Zara, what do you have in mind for a plan?" He was unsure now as to what he should do. The last thing he wanted was for her to get hurt and that is what he was worried about if she went on the assualt that she would be hurt or worse yet killed. He let the Force flow through his mind, sifting through it for an indication of what he should do. Suddenly his body stiffened and he lifted his head.

"We have got them, eight miles away. I will lead the advance assualt. I ask one thing, remain with the second clan assualt party. I don't want you taking any unneccessary risks. I dont want anything to happen to you, I would be deeply hurt if anything was to happen to you. I would sooner something happen to me then to you. " He moved closer to her and took her hand. He knelt and placed Zara's hand on the side of his temple.

Opening his mind to her, he allowed her to see how he felt and how he would feel if anything was to happen to her. Once he had let her see his mind, he stepped back and waited for what she would say.

Seeing him stiffen in posture then announce that the Nightsisters were only eight miles away, Zara stretched out with an alert to the Leader of the Clan. With the probe, the Leader would know to gather a team and come to Zara's hut.

Her eyes rested on his as Draken outlined a plan, his concern and request that she not take any risks making her wonder if there was another reason other than that she was mother to three children. Zara followed his movements as he knelt, holding her hand to his temple.

The flash of feelings shocked her. She had thought he was just being a gentleman and that he was that way with all the ladies. To know that there were feelings behind it... left her somewhat shocked. Sure she had been very flattered by his attention, but she hadn't thought there was anything behind it. Not after the two disastrous romances she'd had with the Pirate King and with Sabian.

"Oh..."

Zara pushed a stray blond hair back behind her ear, her thoughts more confused than ever. She didn't know how she felt, not really. He was charming and yes she was attracted to him. But she wasn't sure if she wanted to open herself up to being hurt again. She stepped closer, her hand sliding from his temple to cup the side of his face.

"Draken... I..."

A knock on the door interrupted them, the Clan Leader and three other warrior women entered, wanting to know why they had been put on alert.

"The Nightsisters have been located eight miles from here. We have discussed breaking into two assault teams to go after them. I'll join the second team. Time is of the essence if we want to surprise them."

Zara turned back towards Draken, her hand now resting on his arm. She couldn't deny that he had come to mean something to her, though just what it was she didn't want to even admit to herself.

"Please, be careful."

Zara's Aunt was one of the three other women to join them. She quickly moved to her niece's side, announcing that she would lead the second assault team, along with Zara.

"Shall we go?"

The rest of the teams were already outside waiting for instruction, having been called. Their mounts, the rancors, being readied down the end of the village. The horse's that they had rode in on were already saddled, ready for battle.

144JyIb.jpg

"Please, be careful."

Draken nodded, brushing his hair back and removing the ruby stud that he wore in his ear. He quickly tied his hair back and moved closer to her with a quick step. He touched her arm gently, the look on his face was unreadable but his eyes reflected what Zara was feeling. He opened her hand and placed the ruby stud in her palm and then kissed the tips of her fingers as he closed her fingers around the ruby. "Hold on to this for me, just until the end of this battle. I would hate if anything was to happen to it, besides.”

Zara felt him close her fingers around the ruby, her eyes remaining on his. A shy smile turned up the corners of her mouth before she again schooled her expression. As he gathered his weaponry, Zara gathered up her own. She was already in her Dathomiri armor. She sheathed her sword across her back, her daggers in their own sheathes and her saber hooked onto her belt.

The nightsisters would get a shock if they tried to use it as she had placed a spell on it to protect it from them. She then sifted through her bag, pulling out another belt and strapping it around her waist. This had various pouches on it full of explosives. She wasn't taking any chances. Zara murmured a protection spell over them so that the Nightsisters couldn't take any of them either.

Moving outside, she saw Draken mount the stallion and lead the first assault team away. As she mounted her own stallion, Zara noticed her aunt approach. They would get a chance to catch up later on, but for now it was all business. Their team gathered, waiting for the first team to get their head start before they would set off.

144JyIb.jpg