Hoth

Tarrian Skywalker

*Mes moves around trying to make haste.

"Leonardo, this is a personal mission, and should be made by me alone, all I need is a ride from someone. Also, I need to leave NOW. I'd just like to get to Sullust immediately."

*Mes taps his foot impatiently, knowing the fate of the universe is possibly in the balance.[/i]

ITS.jpg

When Mara finds the cube in the snow she picks it up, not even knowing what it is. All she knows is that is strongly connected with the force, is from Dalla, and that it will be essential in saving Dalla's life someday. She also feels that Dalla will be a major part of her and Leo's lives.

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

*Mes Tisserand, leader of the Jedi, pilots the fighter back toward the surface of Hoth, and once in the base, makes his way toward the intercom system. Over the speakers he states:

"All Jedi are to report to the Briefing room AT ONCE. This is of utmost importance, and any Jedi failing to report intentionally, will be banished from the Order. Once again, please report to the Briefing room at once."

*Mes shifts his weight to his front leg, and makes his way to the briefing room, awaiting the arrival of the rest of the Jedi. Mes adresses his Padawan, Vincent, while they wait.

"Noah, while we wait for the others to arrive, I would like to show you some things I learned about controlling pure force energy...are you interested?"

ITS.jpg

Mara, upon hearing the announcement turns to her master

"Master, I will proceed there and willl return once I hear what he wants us to do." She then heads out to meet with the rest of the jedi.

When she enters the room, she sees Leo and three other men. She walks over to Leo and whispers in his ear

"What is going on?"

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

*Mes turns to his Padawan, and gives him a look that said, we'll continue this later.

"Alright, the matter of urgency is this: The order is scattered, and we need to move to a more secure base of operations. This is vital to our survival as Jedi. The Empire and the Sith are in the middle of purging the galaxy of the Jedi, and as it is, we are extremely vulnerable. My choice of a new location is the planet of Dagobah. The dark side presence of the planet will make it difficult for the Sith to find us there. It is there that we will regroup. Now, what do we have for ships?"

ITS.jpg

A heavily encrypted transmission is sent to the Jedi haven.

This is Hale Akturus ”“ I've gone to Tatooine in search of Tristin Stellar. With his assistance I plan on returning to Naboo to help the remaining Jedi escape...

Joel didn't bother to answer, knowing his starfighter could only carry himself.

A bit of frustration welled in the hopeful's mind. He had spent several months with the Jedi, unnoticed, awaiting a Master. Instead of being assigned a master, though, he waited, sharing the danger but none of the rewards of being a Jedi.

He recalled Ar-Phazion's private invitation to him, to join the Sith, but he still rejected that plan...but he didn't know how much longer he could hold out.

"I'm not sure master.....Perhaps we can find a transport to dagobah with some fo these other travelers...."

He had been quite distant these past few days thinking of what was to ebcome of him in the grand scheme of things esspecially when concerning the Jedi. He hoped to be a great Jedi knight, but his training was quite lethargic and with so much dissarray in the order he couldnt blame his master, after all he was the head of the council.

pyrosig.jpg

"What we do in life echos in eternity."

"We are but shadows and dust...shadows and dust."

"Man is the only animal that blushes....or needs to."

Transmission...

Mes, It's Kirlocca. I am at Dagobah, I have just encountered a man, that didn't fully look like Sly, But felt like him. I let him go. If you need me, I will be here, training, or fixing my ship up. Here is my comm frequency. 46M2. I'll stay here unless i get a call from you. May the Force be with you.

Transmission End...

While Joel had never met the legendary man known as the Prophet, he did know of him by reputation.

And there were few better in a starfighter than Joel Lance.

"Master Tisserand," he said, "I would go after Sly, with your permission, and confirm his identity."

*Mes looked upon Joel, hearing his words, as well as his internal thoughts...Mes takes him aside, telling the others to prepare their ships, while they talked.

"Padawan, I feel your frustration, the darkside beckons you. I know you crave a master and some formal training, but we're all in a period of anxiety. In reality, we only have a few masters, and even less knights. I PROMISE that once we settle down on Dagobah, that we will begin your training. As far as Sly Stevenson, AKA, Master Prophet, he was my master, he died not too long ago. I feel his presence, but now is not the time to seek him out, he will come to us. Now, prepare your ship, we're going on to a new future, may the force be with you."

*With that, Mes returns to his Padawan, and after all men are in their fighters, and those without personal transportation board the freighter, they prepare for liftoff...

"Alright, we will move together, set a course for Dagobah, and may the force be with you."

*On his mark, the Jedi move into hyperpace, heading for Dagobah...

ITS.jpg

Mara bordes the Jade's Fire in prreperation for takeoff. she first returned to the cave to tell her master where they were going.

jadedfin.jpg

Watching Mes talk to the man he had met earlier, Mathis thinks to himself, He is thinking just like I used to. With a small smile on his face, he prepares his ship, making a note in his mind to talk to him when they reached Dagobah. He lifted off of Hoth shortly.

mathis-1.jpg

*Yakooza shrugs and mounts his speeder, soon after he zips back to the old echo base.

A squad of men from the old Echo base greet the E-wing, the hold there guns ready for suspicious actions.

The other men who had been working on Echo base repair the turret systems and the shield generator, and as the days went on they completed camouflage coverings for the entire base and all outside components making them impossible to see from the skies above. The men drive outward and place small low power signal beacons all over the planet which will cause anyone who would scan the planet to find it seemingly saturated with metal, and impossible to tell the signals from the old Echo base compound. But elsewhere still the group who went around the planet in snow speeders settled deep in a hidden cave elsewhere on the planet where they begin to set up a command station.*

The lawlessness of this galaxy will end, even if I don't live to see it.

Maria powered the E-wing down calmly, then levered herself out of the cockpit and dropped to the ground.

"I'm here to be a starfighter pilot," she announced. "Do we have any others? Like enough for a squadron?" she asked, a bit of a sarcastic edge in her tone.

marialynnsig.txt

Deep within the bowels of the helix-shaped power generator at the heart of Echo Base, something was happening.

Two hours ago, a lone, weary Rebel carrying a replacement container of deuterium to fill the massive fusion reactor had walked into the power generator's confines. Rubbing his hands from the intense cold that pierced even the insides of the building, he had unlocked and removed the old vault of tritium produced by the fusion reaction.

However, when he had pushed and locked the fresh container in the place of the old one, he had knocked the cube of dense fuel one notch too far into the storage chamber.

The jury-rigged reactor set in place by the Rebels had no safety notice to prevent such a happening.

Over the next few hours, fuel from the container had seeped into the reactor at a rate just a little too fast to be moderated by the built-in control rods.

A buildup of excess energy rode a higher and higher spike along the control rods until, overwhelming the regulators, it blasted through the routers which sent power to each of Echo Base's systems.

The computer system at the heart of it all had only three nanoseconds to respond, and did so by shunting the power spike through the most readily available system....

....which turned out to be the climate control.

Every single heating duct within the dozens of buildings of Echo Base shot a meter-long plume of fire, then exploded terminally but not destructively into thick clouds of soot. Rebels throughout the complex, doubled over in spastic coughing fits from the dust, noted with no small amount of concern that the vents which had sprayed forth flames at them but a moment earlier were now not issuing forth much of anything.

The central air system had been fried by the power spike.

Echo Base, your heating system is down! It's gonna get really cold really fast. Adapt... or perish.

((OOC can't you pick on some on your own size? I bet the empire could use a wrench in there plan Nice to see you back Scott.))

*The squad of men standing outside feel the shudder as the power spike sends fire though the vent system they all turn and run back to the compound, completely ignoring Maria's last statement.

Yakooza's speeder races up along side her a moment after.*

Ah you must be the one from the Last Call welcome to my humble abode. But I must excuse myself.

*He kicked the acceleration pedal, which was nearly frozen over even with the heater packs all fighting the cold climate, and zipped forward toward the compound, some smoke came out of the half-way open hanger door, his speeder quickly pierced though the billowing cloud and into the large hanger. The smoke was clearing out quickly, men ran back and fourth helping one another, a squad of mechanics ran past Yakooza as he dismounted, they quickly ran toward the engine room. Kimra began to notice many of those under his command where breathing heavy with steam escaping there lips due to such a radical change in temperature outside, his eyes scanned the room and he noticed that every heating vent in the hanger was slightly scorched, he made his way over to a local base speaker system.*

All men suit up in your thermal suits; it's going to get very cold very quickly.

If you can then you shall, but for right now we need to activate the heating systems again, if you would be so kind.

*Yakooza makes a hand motion toward an open door that leads toward the old echo base command center.*