Outer Heaven

Nikolai Kolchak

((SInce the coded transmission never happened...))

Several forces of CORE pull out of hyperspace just as defense shields pull up. Commnader Gamma of CORE barks a swift order to deploy ground forces- deploying what is revealed to be "phase shift technology." Forces on the ground are amazed as what appears to be several dozen drops ships, fighters, and AT ATs drop through the shields and surround Outer Heaven's shield generators. They go into a tight formation, but merely close in without actually firing.

CORE ships begin pelting away at space defenses and any commonwealth ships that are in orbit.

I'm trying to start a war here. It's a prestigious line of work with a long and glorious tradition.

-Vizzini, The Princess Bride

*Three quarters of the landing craft never reach the ground, as Outer Heaven turrets blast them out of the sky. Those ships that do reach the ground find themselves at the mercy of minefields and heavy weapons killing fields, and are brutally cut down.

In orbit, the CORE forces find themselves facing not only the Outer Heaven fleet, but the mercenary fleets of those alligned with Outer Heaven. Outnumbered, outgunned, and outskilled, the chance of simple survival looks bleak for CORE forces.*

I don't hate you, my employer does.

*The two destroyers from Tatooine return to Outer Heaven and finish off the remaining ships in conjunction with the Mercenary and stationed forces. Questioning the logic behind the attack force, Outer Heaven searches for cloaked units using a CDS(Crystalline dust sensor, I know that's not the right name but they used it in the Thrawn trillogy).

All traces of CORE were immolated.*

Wolfpacktwo.jpg

The "ground forces" in question were mere holograms projected by orbital ships. The gunfire passes through them and thinking them substantial, cut through the holograms to the the Outer Heaven shield generators which they surrounded, greatly damaging their integrity.

I'm trying to start a war here. It's a prestigious line of work with a long and glorious tradition.

-Vizzini, The Princess Bride

• 1 month later...

Dragoons SD comes out of hyperspace near Outer Heaven. He finds it deserted. He sends down a couple of transport ships along with himself. He has fighters fly cover for it. He lands and checks all the buildings. He finds that noone is there at all. He has the rest of his troops come down from the SD and has them all get in any fighters capable of hyperspace travel. He has them fly them back up near the SD. He has the other troops gather up supplies from the planet. Soon there is not much left. He has the transports fly back to the ship and unlaod everything. Soon they have enough to sell and make money. They take off into hyperspace to unknown parts.

ooc(if thereis anyone here then I will fix this post as I see fit.)

dragoon.jpg

*The Redeemer lands at Outer Heaven.*

Here, take this cloak, and do not ignite your saber or use the Force while here, you do not want to draw attention to yourself. I will make sure you have quarters and food until we can move on.

All profit-seeking bounty hunters are urged to venture to the Kessel system for an upcoming assembly. A substantial fee will be paid to the person or persons who capture several high-ranking criminals whose identities shall be revealed during the gathering.

leader.jpg

*Dragoon's men were executed for theft en masse.

Meanwhile...

Brell Daviot's ship, the Redeemer, takes off with Taren the Terror for Hoth.*

OOC(( Dragoon Hunter, in the future at least PM me before you do something moronic like that. Next time I catch you doing something like that, I'll flay you and make a gun belt out of your flesh.))

Lermos Karik sits on the floor of his compartment overlooking his three custom-made rifles. He retrieved three long pieces of cloth and drapped one over each rifle and then put them into a large bag. He stood up, swept dust off his ragged clothes, turned, and walked away.

I will make it quick, and painless.

• 2 years later...

We all find our way back to our origins eventually. It had been several years since Gabriel had walked through the corridors of Outer Heaven, years spent first in service to the one decent leader in the galaxy, then in self imposed exile fighting in the outer rim as politicians destroyed the core worlds. The Republic had failed its people and the Empire served only its dark masters. Intrigue and power games infested the galaxy like maggots in a corpse. Only in the slaughter of others did men find out who they were, where salvation lay. Gabriel had returned to Outer Heaven because he had remembered meeting others there that were like him. He found Outer Heaven empty, a forgotten shrine to a greater era. He began contacting old comrades...

Wolfpacktwo.jpg

Perhaps it was fate that led the one time Security Chief of CorSec to this hallowed ground though he suspected that fate was meaningless in this instance. As he walked within the long time abandoned structure he found that a few light panels were active.

"Strange."

He followed the lights.

The lawlessness of this galaxy will end, even if I don't live to see it.

Gabriel heard a door slide open and immediately recognized the former chief of CorSec, a fellow veteran who he had fought with in the CORE uprising. The man was a formidable warrior and worthy of a place in Outer Heaven.

I didn't expect people to start arriving so soon. It is a good omen to see a worthy warrior be the first to answer the call.

Wolfpacktwo.jpg

*Yakooza's eye brows shifted as Gabriel spoke. He glanced down by his right hip and noticed his comm. unit was flashing 1 missed call. He then shrugs as he made eye contact with Gabriel*

Actually I was just in the neighborhood when I noticed some lights on. I received a message from an older bounty hunter that this place would be used for a good cause in the near future so I came to scope it out. Just didn't know that the future would be coming so fast.

The galaxy is overrun with wolves that prey upon the lambs virtually unchecked. The politicians simply cower and obstruct their own warriors while the slaughter of the lambs sweeps the galaxy. We must be as shepherds to this flock and smite the wolves that plague our peoples.

Would you take up this pledge with me?

Wolfpacktwo.jpg

The former pilot entered the building with the CorSec chief. He recognized Yakooza from his exploits and extended his hand to Yakooza, "The old chief of CorSec? I'm Senjek. What brings you here?"

*Yakooza eyed the hand of Senjek before he took it with a firm grip.*

I'd imagine that you are here for the same reason that I am.

*One curt shake was given before he released Senjek's hand. He looked back toward Gabriel.*

This man right here seems to be the fulcrum to a new purpose for this facility.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Senjek turned around in his chair and faced Yakooza for a bit. "Do we have a suitable arms manufacturer? What about ships? Armor? If we're going to bring the Outer Heaven back to fruition, we need more dedicated numbers in our ranks. This, of course, is me calling things how I see them."

*Yakooza listened intently. When Senjek finished his statement, Kimra tossed a data slate over to him.*

For all of those things we require money. There seems to be old cashes of equipment in the armory and a few older fighters and freighters in the docking bay. I have been perusing the old lists of this organization and have found that most of the funding has been frozen. However since Gabriel is currently busy with other endeavors I have not found the access codes to unlock our funding.

*He made a motion for Bohmet to look at his data slate.*

While our finances are in limbo, we can still move forward and take missions to get on our feet. The problem is that there are no requests at this moment. I am planning a meeting with KVC enterprises with ideas for new armor and weapon systems.

Item one of the slate is specialized space armor. As you can see it is far thicker than normal space suits and is made of many combinations of alloys to make it extremely durable. This armor is specialized for boarding action. It has a single shot Ion pulse cannon on each wrist to allow a single individual to deactivate a small hole in most shield systems. Both hands on the suit have fusion cutters installed into the tips of the fingers. Also it has life support and multiple servo systems to allow precise movement even in gravity. To top it off it also has magnetic boots to allow it to enter a room even when its atmosphere is being purged.

The suit is actually the second line of offence in a boarding action. The first are powerful drill missiles capable of holding one of those suits each. Its power drills are made of corusca gems capable of rending into a Star Destroyer if need be.

Ships aren't a high priority right now. Our personal ships should suffice for our objectives.

I haven't done any research on weapon systems for the moment but I am willing to hear some of your ideas.

*Yakooza glanced over at his desk for a moment before looking back at Senjek.*

I was wondering what are you specialties? I'm compiling data to make sure I pair the right people for the right jobs.