Kashyyyk

RaveN

Jaina left him. Left him with Misal. It was an unintended cruelty, so Aryian didn't fault her. She had her own business, the urgency in her mind growing and freeing her from the anchor her curiosity had cast, leaving the Grey Master with the leviathan of secrets. After a moment, he finally spoke to Misal.

"So. She's alive but captured?"

A pause of silence between them, as Misal was never good with words she didn't want to say, and Aryian struggled to say something, anything, that wouldn't end the encounter with a bleeding artery.

"I...um, appreciate you not attacking me or anything here. And if I can help at all, just...let me know. She's still the one thing I've never forgotten. You have my conta-"

The moment was cut short though, as a plate of pudding slopped onto his chest, sticking there. Aryian looked down at it in disbelief. He hadn't participated in a food fight since...old memories, didn't matter. Who had thrown it? Young girl, short hair, absolutely mortified. The Grey Master chuckled. Using the Force, he telekinetically worked top to bottom slowly, separating what he could from the robes and armor beneath, back onto the plate, and set the plate on a nearby table. In that moment, Aryian didn't know whether Misal had seen the opportunity to leave or she simply had to, but he quickly realized she was gone. Instead he turned to the young woman, addressing her.

"I don't think you want to eat that anymore. And don't worry about the robes, they wash clean."

It took only a moment to realize she had little Force training compared to the others present, their essences in the Force were calm and controlled, hers still swirled turbulently. The incident was likely an uncontrolled manifestation of telekinetic energy, but even if it was intentional, Aryian probably wouldn't have taken offense. He wasn't here to be angry, after all. An idea hit him in the moment, connecting two thoughts he'd had previously, and suddenly he was quite intrigued.

"Where is your Master? Someone with talent like yours probably has one of the council members or even the Grandmaster themself as their tutor."

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

((sorry this is so short. thought I'd just keep it moving))

Skye nodded as Aelyn told her what she knew. “It’s taken me years to learn this, “ the Healer indicated around the room full of medical equipment. “You never stop learning as there is always something new around the corner. I only began medical studies once I became a Knight. Before that I hadn’t even thought about the medical profession. Once I found out I had a knack for Healing I focused on it.” She gave a smile then said, “I would be glad to teach you. Have you ever treated a bleeding cut?” Her gaze took in the twins and Darex as well as Aelyn. Darex had seen her heal many times though the twins hadn't. Maybe it might be something they would be interested in learning also, if not now then later.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Raven shook the Grand Admiral’s hand and let a pleasant smile creep across her face, their chances at conquering Hutt Space had significantly increased. Her smiled stayed wide as the engines of the Corona Class Frigate fired up and launched them into the depths of hyperspace. She released his hand as soon as the lightshow had subsided and the transparisteel bridge panels had turned to an opaque black. No reason to have the crew distracted by the lovely hyperspace tunnel. Or at least that’s what imperial designers at Kuat Drive Yards had thought. Though the original intention of such a design had been to keep people from being ‘hypnotized’ by the hyperlights, the modern Remnant had discounted such theories, but still utilized the technology as it was an extra R&D cost to redesign imperial transparisteel. Time and funding they couldn’t afford at the moment.

“Grand Admiral, you have the bridge, you have overall fleet command over the Imperial Armada, with Moff Doordjooba commanding the Hand of Valour, with the Ubiqtorate Vessel Eventuality of Justice and Consolatrix joining us insystem within a hour. Thank you for joining us MacLeod, you are invaluable.”

((You may post exiting over Nal Hutta))

Raven_3_Sig.png.fa6e284bec4ff42ba02901e8567b2f87.png

Pretender to the Galactic Throne

Leader of the Rebel Alliance

"Not with the Force," Aelyn answered. "Just the old fashioned cleaning and bacta patches most people use."

She'd been pretty active as a kid, trying pretty much every extra-curricular activity she could find as she went through her studies. There'd definitely been her share of scrapes and bruises. Even though bacta made light of such minor injuries, it didn't seem to be able to do the things she had already witnessed Force healing was capable of. Dipping into the Force to renew her energy reserves as Aira had taught her was remarkable; healing the man from the plague on Carida had been downright astonishing. So far as a Jedi she hadn't pulled any stunts that resulted in injury, but she certainly couldn't rule anything out, as it was an active and sometimes dangerous life she was choosing.

Not to mention she carried a lightsaber. "Ideally I would like to be able to heal any wound I might be forced to inflict," she said. "Is treating a lightsaber injury much different from a regular cut?"

B7kIdWt.jpg

The Cerean felt a tickle in his beard when the stray bolt of energy flung from Faux’s mind. Did he know what would happen? No. Once the pudding was in the air, did he know that the pudding would fly and hit someone? Yes. Did he know who? No. Could he have done something? Probably. However, Roene was too caught in the moment to undo what was already in motion.

Thinking quickly, the Cerean flitted through the crowd like a fleeting cloud. Since they were force users, each person provided a beacon through the force, which made it easier to dodge them as he ran full tilt to where Faux had stopped. The pudding, such as it was, had apparently landed on an older gentleman that Roene only vaguely recognized. The Cerean sized him up for a moment, gauging his appearance and could not remember why the older Jedi looked familiar. Still, cleaning one’s robes after a mess was relatively universal.

After the air was cleared between Faux and the older master, Roene took up a place at Faux’s side and smiled. Inside of his mind, he was chuckling quite openly, but it would be imprudent to make a spectacle of laughter in front of someone that was still learning. Still, Roene wouldn’t forget this incident for months.

The Cerean looked at the two of them and hoped to comfort Faux by, instead of laughing or exuding an aura of calm, simply reacting as if everything was normal. Yes, there was a smile tickling the edges of his lips, but the Cerean would not break; even for a moment.

NvFYuwm.png

He thinks I'm one of them because... because I somehow threw that pudding?

And how did that happen, exactly? At first it seemed like she and Roene were having a wonderful discussion of hypothetical flow of energy, but once her mind started deconstructing it, plugging in new ideas as variables to the equation. But now the algorithm was too massive to be held all at once. She studied for a dozen years to master the flow of vital energy within her; now to grasp that that same flow applied universally?

"No, I...I'm not a Jedi. I..." Faux hesitated, not sure of herself or anything for that matter. For the first time since leaving home, even after being beaten, miraculously healed, and left to wander alone, now she felt completely lost.

"I don't know how I threw that and I'm so sorry it hit you. I was just trying to see the galaxy for myself, but then there were these slavers being really cruel to the natives, and I had to do something, so I did, but it was really stupid and the caught me and beat the hell out of me, then I woke up but I was completely fine, so I was going to find the ones who healed me, but they were off burying someone, so I played with these kids, and they were really getting really good at sticky hands, but then there was this really weird, ominous feeling coming from where all of these people were, and I was going to ignore it but the little ones felt it too, so I came here but no one knew what I was talking about, then Roene noticed my markings and we started to talk about energy flow, and he said that it works outside, not just inside, and then the plate flew out of my hands and I am so sorry, I didn't mean it, please just..."

Her rambling came to a halt as she felt her lungs burning and the tears pouring down her cheeks. The brave, bold explorer who had left her home to see the truth her brother monks could never explain to her vanished in the vastness of it all, and all that she was standing amidst the crowd of strangers was a girl completely out of her element, confused and terrified by all the strange complexity of the galaxy around her. She felt so small, so trivial, what else could she do but blow composure?

"Please just tell me what is going on."

WvXWkuw.png

Aryian was confused for a moment. The Cerean that had approached she'd identified as Roene, and Aryian bowed, murmuring his name in introduction as she continued. But...how could she not know?

"You mean to tell me you just happened to show up at the largest gathering of Jedi the Galaxy has seen in years, and you don't know of the Force? Your natural talent is apparent, but you are here by happenstance?"

The Grey Master exchanged looks with the Cerean briefly. Conjuring the Force to him, he reached out, lightly grabbing another small plate of the pudding with his mind, levitating it over to where they stood, allowing it to hover in front of her.

"Would you like to learn? The training is difficult, and the lifestyle harsh. But in the end, you stand to make a great impact on the galaxy. The Jedi can train you, or I can. I think they still trust me to train a padawan, hm?"

Aryian chuckled a bit, shooting a glance at Roene. He wasn't trying to poach their hopefuls by any means, but this encounter already seemed more predestined than anything.

Blz1mwg.png

"Um...yeah, I suppose so." She said as she pondered what her chances really were of being here. Everything leading up to now seemed like a natural reaction of cause and effect. Apparently this gathering was rare. If there really was a flow of energy on a galactic scale, could it have moved her here? Did it move everyone and everything? Was the galaxy one long chain reaction of cause and effect?

When the new plate of pudding drifted in front of her, Faux blinked away her confusion for another. Gingerly, she reached out, feeling nothing underneath the plate, and held it outstretched like some precious thing. It defied everything she knew about natural law, but these people around her treated it as exactly that. No different from the wind or the rain.

"I am not unfamiliar with difficult training, but..." But is this what I left home for?

This is exactly what you left home for.

Forget seeing worlds and different cultures. This was like finding out you had been looking through a pinhole your entire life and now the hole wasa little larger. How much could she see with this man's help? These people saved her, or at least some of them did. Their path seemed kind. But what of this man? He made a distinction between himself and the Jedi, but he was welcome amongst them.

"But I have to ask. What would you require of me for such teachings?"

WvXWkuw.png

"Only what you are willing to learn. I used to be part of the Order a long time ago, and I am familiar with their methods and curriculum. If that is what you wish to learn, I can teach you. I am also versed in other philosophical paths, which I can teach you if you like, but when it boils down to it the core techniques are largely the same. Who you are as a person will determine the path you walk. I can guide you from the pitfalls, but it will still be your choice to avoid them, just as it has been the choice of every padawan learner from the beginning of the history of the Jedi."

The Grey Master rubbed at the cloth wrappings on the side of his head, fighting off another headache. Seeing through the Force for extended lengths of time was tiring, even for him. He certainly wasn't used to it like others were, despite being a skilled practitioner of the ways of the Force.

"I can also teach you many things that have been lost to the Order over time...it may be beneficial to have one from their Order trained in the ways of combat such as I've learned them. As I understand it, the title 'Weapons Master' hasn't been uttered in a long time. Though that too will be your choice whether to learn or not...I am merely the catalyst."

Blz1mwg.png

He requires nothing but offers everything.

He was blind, his right arm was in a sling, and he appeared somewhere in his sixties, but under all this Faux recognized his posture. His mention of Weapon Master only affirmed her suspicion. This man was a warrior, someone who knew martial spirit but didn't let it rule him.

He has the same air about him as Ghar. A rock in the stream.

From what he said it seemed like this man knew what the Jedi knew and more. More didn't necessarily mean quality, but Faux felt it was better for her to absorb whatver she could about this greater awareness, sort through it herself, amd decide for herself what to keep and what to discard. Only by looking down all the paths could she find the right one to take.

"My name is Faux Tilderi." She said with a deep, formal bow, never taking her eyes off of him. "And I welcome all you are willing to teach."

So this was it? Less than a week away from home and she was already throwing herself into the tutelage of someone else? A small part of her feared it, chiding her for so quickly running into the safety of someone else's protection when there was a whole galaxy to be explored, but the largest part of her realized that she simply wasn't ready to walk the galaxy alone. When it was just unknown people and places it was something managable, something anyone could wrap their head around and see through with wit and determination. But now the galaxy was so much bigger than she could have ever realized, deeper and more complex than the brothers could have ever articulated. Leaving home had seemed so foolish now in hindsight, but it was also so inevitable. Now the monks fears made much more sense to her.

WvXWkuw.png

"I am Aryian Darkfire. Aryian is fine. And I'm glad to be of service."

A sudden realization hit him, he had no transportation for her off-world. Saladin had a single seat cockpit. They'd need to use public transportation to get anywhere, and that destination would likely need to be back to his dojo on Mechis III. There he could tend to his wounds and craft them an ideal ship. It would also serve as a good learning environment for her for a while.

"If you are eager to begin learning, we should go. I can signal for a shuttle to ferry us to one of the main spaceports, but from there will need to use a mass transit ship. The one I took here won't accommodate both of us. Otherwise, just let me know when you're ready."

Aryian began accessing local holonet feeds through the comm function in his implant, finding a taxi service and calling for a shuttle. It would conveniently arrive whenever they were ready, so they wouldn't be stuck on the minutiae of waiting.

Blz1mwg.png

Misal had departed quickly, not exactly desiring to have this long-overdue heart-to-heart with her former son-in-law. Both Armiena and Aryian were terribly flawed people whose faults were only exacerbated by the strain of fighting the war, but there was some hope that her family would have some kind of future even in the darkest days of the war. That had all evaporated in the following years. Some pains were difficult to express in words--at least, not without irreparably damaging whatever sentiments still lay between him and her daughter.

She was held up on her way to her shuttle, waiting for the passage of a GNK-type power droid as it was was caught between the wings of two snubfighters. Misal growled a curse in Mando’a under her breath.

“Gonk.” Was the response of the droid as it shuffled from ship to ship, somehow managing to sound empathetic despite its monotone.

“Move, you…. bloody block.” The black-clad Miraluka bared her teeth in frustration as she growled at the manifestation of her narrator’s difficulties in resolving this scene. The blocky droid continued to murmur apologetics as it trundled out of her way.

“...gonk…”

She eventually made it back to her shuttle, and gratefully took a seat in the cockpit beside her oldest and most promising student, breathing a sigh of relief as she removed the prosthetic from her left leg. Just as she suspected, some moss and moisture had succeeded in infiltrating the knee joint and had been irritating the connection ever since the encounter in the Shadowlands.

“Did you mean what you said in that message, Misal?” Came the Corellia-accented baritone in the pilot’s station.

“So it did manage to break the canopy. Yes, every word. We’ll have plenty of time to talk while in hyperspace. Set course from Coruscant.” Misal tossed the malfunctioning prosthetic onto an irrelevant portion of the control boards, where the lights had dimmed. A few minutes later, the Lambda-class shuttle Cassanda lifted from the landing strip, to disappear into the silence of hyperspace where she and her students would discuss their next move.

drayyy.png

Darex shook his head ruefully in response to Aelyn's question. "The Council meeting was busy," he replied. "A lot to discuss. They decided to name me Grandmaster again. And...the Jedi are sorely needed in the galaxy. It's time they remembered us."

With that semi-cryptic response, he sat back and watched her and Skye interact. The twins were looking on with great interest, although Alana had chosen to watch from her father's lap. For Darex, it was a nice time to just relax for a few minutes, clear his mind, and think over things. He had ideas and plans coming to his mind, and he mulled them over as Skye plied her skills. He also used the time to compose a mass text-based message and send it out to all the members of the Jedi Order, informing them of their assignments and who they'd be reporting to. He also received a message from the government of the planet Felucia, requesting a meeting with him that he knew he'd make top priority.

But the break didn't last long. He knew he couldn't stay; there were still many things he needed to do. So after a few more minutes, he rose, giving Alana a kiss on the cheek. "Do you mind taking care of the twins for a week?" he asked Skye gently through the Force. "There's some investigating I need to do. I can take them with me if you'd prefer, though."

Knowing that he didn't need to be present for her to answer, he headed out of the ship after one last look at Tirzah and a squeeze of her hand. The fresh breeze coming off the water invigorated him, and he smiled. As he approached the area where they had held the Council meeting, he noticed Knight Alluyen waiting. As he approached, he was informed she was waiting to speak to one of the Council members about a Remnant mission, so he went up to her. "Can I help you, Knight Alluyen?"

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Adenna bowed her head briefly then nodded at the new Grandmaster's question. "The Remnant is embarking on a mission to Hutt Space to destroy the slave trade. Just as I did with the Jedi and others on Thalassia, I was hoping that the Jedi Council would support this effort and send Jedi assistance to liberate countless millions under the yoke of slavery. Not just that, but as these are old Imperials, I would like to make sure there is a Jedi presence to ensure they remain true to their stated pledge of liberating the slaves. The last thing I want is to replace one slavemaster for another."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

“Frond, thank you for your amazing patience,” Xae-lin sighed as she managed to pick him out from among the other foliage in the direction Sandy had indicated. “I’ve finally wrapped up my business here.” Xae waved him after her as she headed back toward the Lambda-class shuttle that she’d borrowed from Raxus.

As she started warming up the engines, she turned to ask him, “Where is he in trouble exactly? I can’t imagine anyone stupid enough to make trouble in the Mandalore Sector.”

((Sorry so short, working on wrapping things up on Mandalore so I don't have two characters in the same space.))

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Faux offered a nod, and began following Aryian's lead. Everything was moving so fast, but she walked behind him without hesitation in her step. For the first time in the past couple of days she didn't feel like she was running, to an unknown or away from it. Whatever laid ahead, it was what she left home to find. She wished she could have thanked the Jedi that saved her, but they were probably busy, and if Aryian's ties to the Jedi said anything, she would see them again one day.

(Sorry for the brevity, but not much to include here.)

WvXWkuw.png

Frond shuffled after the Jedi woman, eyeing her ship with a trace of a smile, "Ship beautiful." he complemented, admiring the curves of the once-imperial restricted vessel.

Following Xae on board he pondered Survival? Sunlight, how long until found? While not afraid of becoming one with the Force, Frond was not exactly sure that consciously withering to death in a tin can in the void of space. Still, there were probably worse ways to go.

"Where?" he tested the word in his mouth. he did not know where. All he knew was that the being, this woman's kindred, was in trouble. Suffering. The Force had not shown him where or even when. All he had seen was the man himself, suffering, at the fringes of The Throne. "Mandalore Sector?"

he questioned before turning the words around and more confidently responding, "Sector. Mandalore" He did not know if this was where the man was; but if this human thought that was where; perhaps The Force were showing them where to go. Why else, of all the sectors in all the universes, would this one come up? Mandalorians.

Killers. Servant Sith. So comforting

Glancing about, he finally opted to just wrap his viney tentacled appendages about any fixed points within reach. It had been a long time since he had travelled in space. What he remembered of it, it was not pleasant.

XQ19Jfm.png

Darex nodded. "A worthy goal. You are free to accompany the Remnant on this mission, to represent our Order, and to take Knights Rialdin and Tho'ra with you, if you choose." He paused. "A word of caution, however. The Imperial Knights have broken from our Order. Their reasoning is complex, but in the end, they believe in a more aggressive stance against evil, a stance that our Order cannot risk taking. Free the slaves, but if you can encourage the Remnant to do so without violence, please make every effort." He paused again. "And on a personal note, I encourage you to stay strong and true. I know you will have a strong personal connection to this mission; simply take care that your thirst for justice does not turn to vengeance. May the Force be with you."

FDY9u6P.png

Roene watched as the conversation shifted to Faux and Aryian. He recalled the old master’s name, but could not place anything else about it. Then, as the focus and attention shifted, the Cerean slowly slipped from the conversation and merged with the crowd once more. It was not his affair anymore. He smiled warmly, watching as Faux began what would possibly be one of the most fundamental parts of her young life, and then proceeded to weave his way back to where Tyue and Joelle were waiting for him.

That is until he got a beep on his comm device. The Cerean dug the small troublesome piece of technology from out of his robes and read the messages waiting for him. One was from newly appointed Grandmaster Darex Travelian, giving him his assignment. The other, sent a few moments after, detailed that Roene would proceed to Dathomir to assist with recovery pertaining to the bio-weapon assault waged by the Black Sun.

The Cerean’s face soured a little. No one knew of the plague on Cerea, which meant his mission would carry him away from solving that problem. But he would come back. He would find a way to help his family when he was done. But, Dathomir; Dathomir was one of the wildest planets in the known galaxy and the population was afflicted by the after-effects of a deadly bio-weapon. His work was cut out for him. And, he slowly realized, taking Tyue or Joelle would be incredibly irresponsible. Joelle was barely inducted as his Padawan and Tyue was big enough to be a Rancor’s meal.

All of this made its way through the Cerean’s head as he arrived in the ceremonial main plaza and found Joelle mingling with the other Jedi nearby. He made his way over to her and summoned Tyue to his side before clearing his throat and acknowledging both.

“Joelle, I need you and Tyue to stay behind. I have been summoned to the planet of Dathomir to assist in its restoration. It would be unwise to take either of you to this place as it is an extremely dangerous planet to go to when its inhabitants are not afflicted by a destructive bio-weapon. The addition of said bio-weapon makes it even worse and I would not ask either of you to come with me to this dangerous place.” Roene’s expression softened, his pale eyes looking sidelong at the Garral whining at his feet. “I know that it means I will leave you in the hands of the remaining Jedi. But they will look after you. You have nothing to fear here now and I believe you will do better here than there. If you still wish to come, despite my warning and encouragement otherwise, you may proceed to the landing pads and find me. Otherwise, I must leave.”

With his last words, Roene turned on his heel and marched directly to the landing pads at the edge of the village. Tyue made to follow him briefly, but a small mental note stopped the Garral from proceeding.

We will see each other again my friend… I promise.

NvFYuwm.png

The trip was largely uneventful, not much was said between the two. Aryian would save the majority of the thicker philosophy for when they arrived at his dojo on Mechis III, and so when the small talk topics expired between the two of them, there simply wasn't much to say. Aryian had ordered Saladin on ahead, and mostly spent the journey taking in the sights or simply meditating. In space, he slept.

((To Mechis III))

Blz1mwg.png

The big man chuckled. At their core- they were each bound by duty. It was a significant catch in their... he didn't want to say 'relationship' because that just... no, gross. Whatever this was- he was on-board with whatever happened between him and Adenna. He settled back into a seat in the main room- making sure all the monitors were off and the PIT Droids were going over preparations for lift off. Producing the small datachip he had offered Darex, but really was just a chronicle of places for later review with the help of the Force and his Kiffar Psychometric abilities. He looked at the small computer chip and spun it around in his hands. Looking around as if he had just heard a noise- he decided to move his way down to his room. Laying down on the already messy bed, he just laid there as the room spun around him. Staring up at the ceiling- his thoughts came crashing down around him. As if taking a breath would sober him- he inhaled and exhaled. Crossing his legs at the ankles, he spread his arms out to the side- but not before taking the saber off his belt and the chip was laying on his chest.

"What does it all mean, you suppose?" He spoke aloud, knowing he was in the room alone. "Why get me in there, then yank me out? What does it mean to be... Tobias?"

"Oh, well maybe you should have listened to me, boy!" A angry, rough voice pierced the room. Vos hadn't sensed anyone, and he knew the door hadn't opened- he shot upright to see who was talking to him. A look of shock played over his face- Sabatin.

"Why didn't you say something, you lizard?!" He caught himself from shouting back, but still off guard. Not a slave to the emotion, it was a normal reaction.

"You should have trusted this one and the other Seers. Once we knew you were going to come back- it all changed- the path of the Force changed. Now everything is bulging and not even a pipe-runner could fix this mess. We all knew this would happen, but your team was too- headstrong. I tried, but you..." The yellow trandosian face twisted up in smug vindication, "...killed me." His words hissed out in amusement.

"I often ask myself why you didn't kill me, spare me from this chaos." Tobias smirked back as he relaxed a bit- so this was how he was going to work things out... chatting with his former master from Within the Veil,

A rusty, wet chuckle came from the lizard. "Because then you wouldn't figure out who Tobias Vos is. And what fun is that? Haha! Not fun. What does Sabatin mean to you?" He changed his tone from sarcasm to a cold hard subject.

Vos jerked his head back- did he just hear that right? But he was speaking before he realized- "Pride, Dedication, slaghead, respect, teacher, intelligent, Baffoon, arrogant, narcissistic, xenophobic, duty, pride again-"

The face wrinkled less and relaxed into a conversation friendly conversation. His yellow head, inclunded in a nod of appreciation- the lizard wouldn't say he was humbled outloud, but Tobias was glad he was truthful. Seemed both of them were.

"And so what tobias means to me- foolish, moroon, lazerbrain." He shot back as if the words were a shower of cold water. A small growl from Savatons face- and he continued- "...friend, student, respect, incomplete, voyager, headstrong, growing." Then the eyes narrowed- one set then the other- leveling into a glare. It was a warning for Vos not to say a word. But, he pushed back and just as Tobias opened his mouth the lizard looked at him with contempt.

"Don't even, this is a favor- you know that. Don't start."

"Thanks, babe." And Vos laughed, Sabatin was dead- what could he do. He even held out his hands like he was saying 'come at me'

There Sabatin stood- growling- his teeth bared. "You are welcome, Young One." His own counter. "But, my time is done, I need to get back." Vos tilted his head- curious. Sabatin just hissed a laugh and shrugged- "You haven't gone back, have you- even just to walk- eh?" Vos shook his head, just now starting to follow. "Oh, I am dead, you stain, but I am also... not dead. I cannot come back physically, but I can talk to you at least when you're receptive. I've stayed too long, and you have other company." And with a blink of an eye- the yellow lizard was gone, leaving Tobias perplexed. Taking a breath- he got up- leaving his physical body behind. It was how he had learned with his time with the Seers and Seekers- it was just becoming more clear in his head about all this nonsense- how to explain it- to himself it was second nature- but to anyone else- no. It was hard to explain, and his life had been going too fast to explain to anyone. Not that anyone asked him. Leaving his intoxicated body behind he thought he took a breath- but how long did that breath take? A second, a year? He was supposed to be here though- and he couldn't be worried about that.

He made his way to the main room of the freighter- and was surprised at what he found. Slicer was there, as well as the Duro he killed while in service to Slicer. There was Sooba, and Lucifer- and another unnamed Sith- he couldn't remember his name. There were the two Jedi he had killed early on in his tenure with the Sith, and- that was it. He knelt to embrace Sooba- overjoyed to see him. Were these all the actual beings, or the memories thereof that Sabatin had conjured up? He felt as though Sooba was real, and didnt want to give him up but after a minute- he decided it was time. Or was it a minute? Did it actually take a week for that hug? A year? A second? He had the moment, and that was all the mattered to him. It was good to see the anooba rid of his dark side influence. The Kiffars' mind decided that was the actual Sooba and he nodded a thank you to Sabatin.

"Pathetic." Slicer said, and Vos rose to his feet.

"What is, Master?" he adopted the old tone in which he used to have to speak to Slicer in.

"You. Coddling your beast- this whole sham." He waved a hand around him- indicating the room. As Vos cocked his head to one side in curiosity, Slicer continued. "I tried to make you better and what all did you do? You became a Jedi."

Vos' head rotated to the other side, and the Sith Lord continued. "You fell in Love" His word were mocking, "and became complacent! A real Sith would have carried out the mission he was given, and returned to my side."

"But you just said I became a Jedi..." His tone had broken- if this was a memory, he was not in any danger. "... I would not take it as a compliment from anyone- except from you. I am a Jedi Master now, and stronger than you had ever been. Or at least the fools call me a Jedi Master. I'm floating somewhere inbetween. I'm the rough edge they need."

The dark figure rose- his hands and arms out at his sides, lifting up. The black mask spun around the room- "And so what in the Force are you doing talking to me?! WHY AM I HERE?"

Tobias now found himself glaring at the figure- and tried to not get angry. Snapping his fingers he pointed accusingly at the Sith- "BECAUSE I AM STILL TAINTED BY YOUR INFLUENCE. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF IT- I am Tobias Vos, Lord Peregrine, Darth Telvanni. I am a Seeker of Knowledge. Overseer of the Western Front. Hand of the High Council of Seekers, a Student of the Force, and Warrior of the Jedi Order. I am an instrument of the Force. What are you doing here? You still taint me each day!"

The Jedi duo shifted uneasily, the Duros looked lost. Sooba had wandered off- back into the abyss after his moment. The nameless Sith shifted feet. No combat would take place- Vos and Sabatin were sure of that. There were... memories, right? Slicer crossed his arms together- leveling his helmet towards the Kiffar. "Then why do you keep my helmet frame with you?"

Matching the body language his former master held- "Because I want to remember how far I have come, and how far I can fall."

"So you admit you're a Jedi?"

"I'm just Tobias. Sith won't have me, Jedi won't have me, so what is the point of labels? I do what I need to make amends-" He pointed straight to the Duros- "I made sure your children got great jobs after I came back- your grandchildren have a roof over their head, food in their bellies." He pointed back to the Jedi duo. "I'm still working on how to make amends for you two, hopefully you'll forgive me if go to the light and we can call it even." Then to the unnamed Sith- "I have no need to appease you- you attacked me, now you're dead. Case closed." His finger then pointed to Lucifer- "I'm still working on you, but I harbor regret on how brutal I ripped into you. That is the Sith way."

Slicer stepped forward- "And what does that mean- 'just Tobias'? Hopefully something worthwhile, that would be a nice change."

Withdrawing his hand seemed like it only took a second, but it might have taken longer he couldn't tell. He held out his arms to his sides. Everyone looked at Vos- and his mind was racing- the attention, the scope of those gathered here, those who he killed. Looking at him, expecting him to validate himself. Tobias let the first thing that came to his mind be his explanation, choosing not to doubt when the Force was trying to help him.

Bringing his right hand into a fist, he cupped it with his left, a sign that he fully believed what he was about to speak and would defend it.

"I am a servant of the Force, I am nothing more, and everything less. I am one with the physical realm, and I will give into my bodies' wishes. Furthermore- " his skin prickled as a chill washed over him. Such fervor, that only religious zealots had in their tone. "I will no longer be questioned by you, you are nothing more than a relic of my past- of Tobias Vos' past. There was a time when I did want to take over your shadow empire- but I have made my own. And for the good of the Jedi Order, and when they fail- it will be up to the Imperial Knights. I wished to tell the Jedi everything- but if I were to expose all the secrets I was ordered to hold- what type of a warrior would I be? No- they may hold a distaste for me, but I followed my orders- those within the structure of the Jedi Order- and those of the Force. I was pushed off the council, but left the blade I had crafted for the council position I held- that may confuse people- the new grandmaster especially- but that is his own fault. He isn't listening to the Force- he pushed me away before understanding, nor is any of the other Council members. But I obey- and left that role behind. I will protect them even if they do not see it. I seek no special treatment, I was your apprentice- I know better. I am Tobias Vos, but I am also Telvanni Peregrine- Seeker of Knowledge, Overseer of the Western Front- Jedi Hand, Jedi Shadow, Hand of the High Council of Seekers. I am the Force- and I am nothing. So what if I fell in Love? Peace is a Lie, there is only Passion. There is no passion- there is only the Force. I've seen the truth, and that is why I have returned. I will not doubt myself because of you. You are no longer welcome, your time here is done- Slicer."

Tobias took a step into the room, and to his surprise, Slicer took a step back. Letting his hands fall to his sides- Vos took another step- Slicer took another back- and reached for his belt- but that would take a year- or longer. Tobias closed the gap- gripping the armored Lord- pinning his arms against his own body. Vos raised his master up- off his own feet as the black robed figure started to squirm- kicking Vos, reaching out. Nothing hindered Tobias as he slammed the figure into the wall, repeatedly. The figure still was squirming as the wall broke after the sixth collision. Moved by some feeling, perhaps the Force, Tobias placed his hands on the chest piece of the figure that was Slicer. His hands sunk into the chest cavity and moved around as if it were just a hologram. But after a moment, they connected with something tangible, and so he gripped and pulled it out- his captive's arms and legs flailing.

With his own eyes wide- he found the thing he was pulling was a black orb that called to him with such evil intentions. This was who Slicer was- every Dark Side thing he had ever done- manifested in this Orb. The figure lay still now- and a yellow hand was on his shoulder- Vos turned to look back- it was just he and Sabatin now, on some sandy beach- or was he on Catnip? The scene changed until it settled on Byss. Rising- he still held the Orb in his hands. Looking at Sabatin- there was obvious question in his facial expression. The Trandosian nodded- and unsure of why- Tobias twisted the Orb- releasing the trapped memories and emotions. They exploded into the air- as if a black cloud of smoke. Examining the pattern it was taking it started to spin- and spun right back into Vos. The darkness found its way in through his eyes, ears, mouth, nose, the cuts on his hands and arms. Feeling a tad overwhelmed- but also relaxed- this was all supposed to happen, he knew that now. Some sort of peace washed over Tobias, and he felt instantly relieved. Finding himself collapsed on his own knees- he stood when the last black whisp sunk into a tear duct. One foot found ground and the other followed- his eyes locked on his hands as if they held the answers to his questions.

The answers sprang to his mind as he realized he already sought them out- then as if some chemical reaction had gone off in his brain- neurons sparked to life as they transmitted thoughts around at a pace he had never experienced. Or was it slower than usual? He couldn't tell if it was a second later or five-thousand years. "Sabatin- "

The yellow figure moved to his side- "Who is Tobias Vos?" He asked the question without making eye contact, looking out across the beach- which was actually just a ledge to the galaxy in front of them.

Tobias slowly regained his composure, or quickly- time was irrelevant. "Tobias is a duty bound warrior. Correcting wrongs he has committed previously, in his state of iggnorance. While he protects those he needs to. He is a servant of the Force. Both Jedi and Sith despise him. That doesn't matter- he serves neither. He is a Guardian."

"Is he Telvannia Peregrine, Seeker of Knowledge, Overseer of the Western Front- Jedi Hand... Shadow?"

"Tobias Vos is nothing but a Guardian."

Sabatin clapped him on the back- a gesture of approval. "What is Sarah?"

Tobias was still speaking on autopilot. "Sarah is a misguided Seeker, sent back in command of a small unit in an effort to change the flow of the Force."

Sabatin nodded. "What is DuVos?"

"An abomination that needs to end."

"What is a Guardian?"

"A Guardian is a servant of the Force, one who will sacrifice themselves to keep the flow of the Force from shifting. Guardians protect against the apocalypse. The Force being dammed up or altered in any way."

"What of Guardians who fail?"

"There is no failure, there is only the Force."

Sabatin squeezed his shoulder. "What is Slicer?"

"Nothing, Slicer is dead and gone. His burdens are within Tobias Vos now- Tobias will seek reconciliation with those."

"How?"

"With the Exorcist General Kyrie."

"What of Tobias Vos' life?"

The galaxy spun ever so slowly before each of them- this answer was a little more difficult to answer- the memory of Adenna was blocking words coming to his mouth. The scruffy jaw moved up and down for a bit, as if trying to form the words without breath- "The Force and Life are one in the same, Tobias and Adenna were drawn together for a reason. She placed him on this path- and now he is a Guardian. She can become a Guardian, but Tobias will want to take the burden for himself. She is everything to him- he will stop at nothing to keep her safe."

Before them now laid the body of Tobias Vos, as if he was sleeping. Slowly- Tobias actually came to his senses- his eyes darting around the room, unaware of where he was for a moment. "Sabatin, how do I go back with what I know now?"

Both of them looked to one another at the end of the bed that laid the physical body of Tobias. The lizard shrugged. "You're the one that came back against the wishes of the Seers. The Seekers even regret it."

Shaking his head- he grimaced- now what? The thought must have been transparent on his face, because Sabatin replied without prompting. "Go back to her, free those slaves. Speak with Kyrie, speak with Adenna. You've destroyed the anchor to your former master- relax and be open with those you will learn to trust and lean on for support. I have other matters to attend to."

"You're still alive, then?"

"More than you know. Farewell, Guardian." Sabatin chuckled and walked though the wall- subsequently disappearing.

Blinking in astonishment- he shook his head from the thoughts and focused. While he did feel unburdened for a moment- why did Sabatin do all that? While he remembered the whole experience, he was unsure of how to explain it to others. Feeling inspired to carry out the bidding of the Force- the Light Side- he did want to venture back to his body. Something called for him to linger a few moments, however. Walking within Shadows, or beyond the veil, however one spun it- it was all the same. It was all different, too. Why had things played out the way they had? Because there was no choice for otherwise, duh. But, why? Thought weighed at the back of his mind like an anchor. He was okay with that- he could walk back to his body in a second. Or worse- eternity. But probably a century. He patted himself down for the bottle he desired to drink- and didn't luck out. Pursing his lips, he started to walk back in a very casual pace. They were his rancors to tame, and he would sort them out one way or another. Unless they were modified to have lazer beams shooting out of their eyes. But how cool would that be? Then it floated off to the Nightsisters of Dathomir, riding those beasts into battle. Then it was battle- he was running, jumping over a falling tree- activating his saber-staff, spinning it around on his frame in such a blur. Bringing the blade up from the ground he swatted the figure that was fighting him. The arm that held the attackers saber flew in the opposite direction of the body. Then he was skydiving- in a wing suit- full tactical armor and helmet- falling towards a lone house- he knew he didn't have the Force- he was unsure how or why. But he shot right through the building's outer wall- his personal shield dying out halfway through the debris falling on him- now he was with the Force. Next- he was in a cantina. Drinking with Adenna and Tut. Then he was back to walking down the hallway in the YT-2000, but he was watching Sandy fighting someone off on the bridge of a starship- then the edge of the hallway coalesced into the freighter fully now- bulkheads and hallway. All the foreshadowing, or were these events that had already taken place? How long had it been? A second? A century? Regardless, he chuckled inside his dreamstate.

Adenna bowed to the Grandmaster. "Thank you, I will get in touch with them immediately and yes, I will keep an eye out for abuses by the Remnant. If they are reformed, then all the better. If not, then we should know about it." She took to heart what he said and would evaluate it over time as things progressed. She liked the idea of hunting the evil in this Galaxy, but still had a lot of distrust for the Remnant and the Empire it came from. It would take a lot for her to accept them as pure, despite her brief encounter with the General of the Imperial Knights.

She offered another quick bow and departed to complete her task. She pulled out her commlink and got in touch with Knights Rialdin and Tho'ra and spent the journey back to Tobias' ship coordinating with them. They had their own ships and would meet them in orbit as soon as they were ready. Good thing, too, because she was looking forward to spending some quality time alone with Tobias on the way.

When she arrived, she entered the ship, grabbing the extra bottle of liquor that had been near the hatch. She then found Tobias in an almost trance like dream state. She figured the alcohol must have opened his defenses down enough let the Force direct him. Not wanting to interfere with anything important, she sat patiently at his side waiting for him to wake.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Skye nodded to Aelyn as she answered. She glanced at the twins as Darex spoke to Aelyn about the meeting and announced that he had been voted in as Grandmaster once more. The Healer smiled at the twins reaction to hearing their father’s news. She could sense the concern for their friend even with their excitement.

As Aelyn asked what the difference was between lightsaber injuries and regular cuts Skye explained, “It is a little different. The main difference between a lightsaber wound and a regular cut is that a lightsaber cauterizes as it cuts.You don’t have to stem the bleeding. It is just a matter of checking the wound for infection and bandaging it with a bacta patch. A regular cut you need to focus the Force on stopping the blood from flowing out of the open wound. You focus on closing the blood vessel…” Skye gave Darex a nod in acknowledgement of his exit and smiled at Aelyn, Jax and Alana, “If the twins aren’t too squeamish, I’ll make a minor cut on my arm and you can heal it if you like. That way you can feel through the Force what it is like and if need be, I can guide you in how it is done. I do have an extensive library of medical procedures and the theories behind Healing the same procedures through the Force as well as a holo-simulator.” As if in an afterthought she added, “I also have a lab up near my hydroponics station. Which reminds me, I have a couple of samples of Sith poisons to analyse and find antidotes to. One by the Sith calling himself Kern and one of Faust’s. You are welcome to watch - and participate - if you like.”

"Do you mind taking care of the twins for a week?" Darex's voice came to her through the Force. "There's some investigating I need to do. I can take them with me if you'd prefer, though."

Skye smiled as she answered in kind, “Of course I don’t mind… I’d love to spend more time with the twins. Do they still have their Nanny Droid?” Out loud she spoke to the kids, “How would you two like to spend a little more time with me - and Tirzah?” When they both agreed she added, “How about you get everything you had with you and settle in.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

There was no warning when the visions struck. It lasted less than a second of realtime, but the images were ingrained clearly included the sense of both time's flows and movements within.

Echoes bubbled up from Onderon, familiar and new.

His Legacy of Blood must be destroyed! The Eyes of the Hunters must be blinded!

You must find the Eyes of the Hunter and protect-

The messages seemed to war and compete, rising up from the cloudy chaos of the Force, shouting for attention from some infinite distance. Once more the last was cut-off, silenced in a roar.

Destroy the vessel! Destroy the Legacy!

An image of the Galaxy appeared. Darkness started to spiral out from the core, enwrapping it. As the spiral grew, it took on the image of a spiderweb before everything faded to black.

The warning passed. Both recipients would find something familiar in it, something that would tease the edges of memory and experience.

For Skye, perhaps it would reinforce the familiar sensations from Onderon.

As for Darex, would it raise more questions than answers?

O how wretched is that poor man that hangs on princes favors! There is betwixt that smile we would aspire to, that sweet aspect of princes, and their ruin, more pangs and fears than wars or women have, and when he falls, he falls like Lucifer, never to hope again.

-William Shakespeare

Aelyn fixed Skye with a bit of a look. "I couldn't ask you to injure yourself just for that," she said. Aira had offered to do the same thing, and honestly she found it a little strange. Sure, she could appreciate the value of practical, hands-on experience, but usually they didn't involve self-harm. You didn't practice fire safety in a building by just lighting a small fire, you learned the procedure by simulating the scenario and then hoped you would never actually have occasion to use it.

"That said, I'm quite happy to learn anything you're willing to teach me, at least until Master Cadan comes looking for me," she said. She decided she liked it here, interacting with the Order, circumstances with Nhagathul and Tirzah notwithstanding. Doing something like this made the looming political issues with the Galactic Alliance and Imperial Remnant, which had otherwise been weighing on her mind, seem for the moment far away.

She smiled, prepared to follow Skye wherever she was going to lead.

B7kIdWt.jpg

Darex farewelled Adenna, then headed to the landing pad. For now, everything that he needed to do here was done, and it was time to get on with the tasks he had been assigned. Skye had been willing to watch the twins, and Darex knew they would be in the best hands. Upon reaching the shuttle he had taken here, he found TY-K0 onboard powered down. He flipped the switch on the nanny droid's neck and filled her in. "The twins are staying with their Grandma Skye for a little while," he said. "I'm sure she'll be able to use your help. You remember her, yes?"

"Of course I do," the droid replied in her prissy, offended tone. "I have never had any memory degradation."

He smiled. "I'm glad to hear it. You have my comm number if you need anything." He gave the droid directions to where Skye and the twins were, and the droid shuffled off, burdened down with the twins' personal effects.

Sealing the ramp after her, Darex headed up to the cockpit. He wished he had his old X-wing back; this shuttle flew like a dewback with wings. But it would serve his purposes just fine.

He was just rising into orbit when a vision flashed before his eyes, messages from strange presences, shouting in panic as if the Force was in chaos. With the last whisper came a fleeting sensation, one associated with a being whom Darex remembered all too well. He pursed his lips, then sat back in his seat, stroking his beard as the autopilot raised him higher off the planet's surface. These voices, they seemed similar to those Skye had spoken of in the council meeting, warning about Faust's plans and hinting on how to stop him. Clearly, they were pointing towards the Core.

Knowing that Skye would need to hear this information before she continued on her search, Darex settled into a high orbit, then opened a comm to his old master in the treetops below. "Skye, I was on my way out of the system when I received a vision..."

FDY9u6P.png

A message came for Aira Cadan detailing the incident of the CoreSec agents and the murder of a Moff’s son in the incident.

“Hello my friend, as I know you are still involved in the GA, I request the Jedi help in the mediation of this dispute. Such an act would normally be enough Casus Belli for such a war, and the Moff Council is calling for blood, I wish to put this before the eyes and thoughts of the council before declaring war on the Galactic Alliance. Thank you.

-Your friend no matter the future,

Raven Zinthos

Raven_3_Sig.png.fa6e284bec4ff42ba02901e8567b2f87.png

Pretender to the Galactic Throne

Leader of the Rebel Alliance

He smiled at the familiar figure that was sitting next to him- well, his physical body. With a ghostly hand he traced Adennas' jaw line. She was so sweet- and yet so fierce. Something was on her mind- as well as in her hand. Taking the view to heart- he allowed himself to return to his physical body.

~~~

His body coughed- and tried to clear its throat. A grunt- soft- then a gasp- but he thought it was silent and he was just going through the motions- Adenna was undisturbed- and he rolled over to one side- and pressed his scruffy face to the outside of her left arm. "Hey there, starlight. What is on your mind?" There was a slight slur to his speech- but he was sober enough- the force techniques for purifying ones' own system of toxins had been run through a small bit right now, and Vos was feeling more sober- but he still knew of what had just happened to him- and his body crying out for some liquid. The sight would be odd- a giant man snuggling up to the smaller female.

The Healer laughed at Aelyn’s response, “It’s the best way to teach and something like a papercut would do. I’ve provided an example many times before and the way the Force heals, unless you want it to leave a scar, it doesn’t. In fact many Jedi have provided a cut for a Padawan to heal.” Skye smiled as she took in the young woman’s expression. “Alright, I can give you access to the holo-simulator and the library for any type of healing you would like to learn about. Tell me what aspect interests y…”

The vision hit so suddenly that the Healer broke off what she was saying, her spine straightening and her eyes took on a far away look. This didn’t last long but it was enough for the Padawan and twins to notice if they were looking. As it passed Skye took a shuddering breath before shaking her head and blinking her eyes a few times. Even so, the images from the vision remained at the forefront of her mind. As if she were pondering the words, Skye repeated what the spirits had spoken, “His Legacy of Blood must be destroyed… The Eyes of the Hunters must be blinded… You must find the Eyes of the Hunter and protect…” She paused for a moment, turning it all over in her mind to try and make sense of it. ”Destroy the vessel. Destroy the Legacy... What do the Spirits mean? There is a sense of Onderon where they first warned me… I wonder...”

Her comm beeped from an incoming message, Skye glancing first to see who it was from, then at the twins, “Would stay with Tirzah while I take this message?” At their nod, her eyes met with Aelyn’s and she murmured softly, “I’ll let you decide if you wish to come and offer a third opinion or stay with the twins. I just had a vision and I’m willing to bet that our Grandmaster just did too.” Intuition had her surmise this as it came so soon after the vision finished. She motioned for I-Nine to come along as she led the way to the cockpit, choosing to take the comm in there.

"Skye, I was on my way out of the system when I received a vision..."

“Yes Darex, I just received one as well, similar to what happened on Onderon. It makes me wonder if there isn’t more going on there with the Sith now in full control of the planet… They did arrive with a full fleet so I am guessing that they now occupy it… That said, I doubt we will be able to get any other evidence regarding Faust from there.” She went on to repeat what the Spirits had said to her, just in case Darex heard something different, then pondered, “The spirits said ‘Eyes of the Hunters’ meaning more than one. Is that Faust’s minions, his clones, his Faust-bots or something else entirely. Faust had a stronghold on Onderon though he only had a few minions left there... I will have to contact Commissioner Tenebris and see what happened to the family we rescued from Onderon and see if anything else has turned up.“ She was starting to think that Coruscant might end up her next destination unless something else popped up, though would see what Darex thought first.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Darex nodded, even though Skye couldn't see him. "Indeed. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about Onderon right now. We can only hope the Sith are as against Faust's return as we are." He paused. That was unlikely. But it was Sith spirits who had helped Skye on Onderon. "If you hadn't mentioned in the Council meeting that the Bhelliom had been destroyed, I would say start there. But regardless, I think the backup you mentioned might also be a good lead. Regardless, Coruscant might be a good place to keep looking. He is involved in at least a few things on Coruscant," he added, pulling up the news report of the attack on the Senate and forwarding it to Skye. "This report mentions that the assassin cried 'For Lord Luciferian'. And I think we both know that inciting war between the Galactic Alliance and the Imperial Remnant would only serve Faust's purposes." He sighed. "I think this needs immediate attention. I have a great sense of urgency from the Force. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know immediately. Thanks, Skye. May the Force be with you."

It was a little frustrating, he realized as he shut down the comm and prepared to jump into hyperspace. They needed more information, and the trail was quickly going cold. But then, it had always been this way with Faust. Darex had hunted the Hunter several times in his career as a Jedi, and every time Faust always eluded them for a good while--but never forever. The Jedi always were able to catch up with him in the end. Darex trusted the Force; he knew that Faust wouldn't be allowed to sow chaos endlessly. They'd find him, and they'd stop him. He just hoped they'd be able to do it before Faust harmed too many more innocents--or succeeded in manipulating the GA and the Remnant into fighting each other. That was something Darex had no doubt Faust was behind, or at least taking advantage of.

Regardless, he planned on spending his time in hyperspace meditating. Perhaps there was still a clue they hadn't discovered. He sent a few comms, getting things ready at his destination, then plugged the coordinates into the navicomputer.

A few minutes later, the Grand Master's shuttle disappeared into hyperspace.

FDY9u6P.png