Kashyyyk

RaveN

Mindan was stunned as the village crashed down into the jungle, and even more stunned when he saw a ship zoom through the jungle not far from him, and stop to pick up something, Mindan wasnt sure what it was, the shadows were falling badly, but he was able to throw a homing beacon onto it, attaching itself to the hull.

Mindan knew it would be a long time before it was discovered. Because of its ultra small size and the chamoflage technology, they could not be seen except from very closeup and a hull scan would not register the unit as well as it emitted only a short pulse at set intervals.

Mindan turned and made his was back towards the group of operatives who were operating the excavation equipment.

"Keep your eyes open for booby traps. Ill organise some more operatives to watch your perimeter. There is somethign else out there."

Mindan kept watching the shadows, that niggling feeling that had saved him numerous times telling him something wasn't right. Making his way back to base camp, he deatiled a group of operatives to stand guard over the excavation site, in a double ring of defence, one close in and one further out. Mindan then made his way back into the shadows, knife in one hand ready for anything.

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Slicer laughed a harsh grating sound thanks to his wounds.

"I have violated nothing. Your people fired the first shot after that it was self defense. Therefore you violated said treaty. I take it you are the leader of these people."

He paused a moment. he had after all just ended up blowing up quite a few things. He was suprised any of the Black sun members were still left he figured that a fter the barrage they just took as well as sending most of the village into the shadowlands that there wouldn't be anyone still up above.

"I shall not surrender. However I will keep from blasting the rest of the village and destroying your equipment as long as your men holster their guns and you use you fancy equipment to help me out."

He sighed chances were that wasn't about to happen. IT would be a shame to blow up the rest of the black sun operatives he had already blow up half the village from the center on ward. he had left the equipment of Black sun in the very small hopes that the collapse of the first half of the village would send a panic wide retreat and they would leave their equipment. He primed his weapons the shots would be underneith them not that he was un a way underneith the village. They wouldn't be able to stop it and all of them that were still alive from his first barrage would soon find themselves down in the shadowlands dead or wounded to the pooint where death would be wishful thinking.

Lets see his response first.

He activated the shields on his ship before he bgan to get a funny feeling like something was wrong with his ship. Checking all of his systems

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship

Piccolo was somewhat skeptical that his men had fired without being ordered to. But there were always these sorts of useless arguments which only prolonged battles. He decided to concede the point in his response to Slicer,

"I formally apologize on behalf of my men. Meet me in person, and we can work this out."

Piccolo gave encoded orders to the operatives.

"I want to avoid violence here. We can't have the Empire on our backs right now. If he takes my offer, allow him to approach unharmed."

Piccolo hoped this Imperial took his suggestion. The Black Sun forces on Kashyyk far outnumbered Slicer's. It would be a decisive victory if this fight continued. But Piccolo knew it would be harmful to the Black Sun's cause.

Kamino regarded the one known as Duo.

"Thank you, but my 'smooth moves' are nothing more than making intelligent decisions during battle. Too often people are eager to fight without analyzing the best way on how to fight. I will teach you more of this later...but right now you have an army to lead and I need to lead an excavating mission."

Kamino removed the black sheets from the equipment.

"And don't worry about our 'electrics', Duo. These protective coverings will stop any ion blast."

As Duo headed off to fullfil his other orders, Kamino was approached by Rodya and Jacen.

"Ah, you must be the Black Sun Operatives known as Jacen and Rodya. Don't be afraid to dig in and help...we have much work to do."

And with that, the group began searching for the ultimate weapon.

Kamino.jpg

Slicer finished patching himself up as well as fix what he could of the jet pack while he mulled the idea of meeting this Black sun leader in person amidst all his troops.

Given what he knew the first black sun member to show up on world was undetectable in the force. A trait that was annoying but easy to work around as long as they man was alone. In a crowd it it would VERy annoying.

The second fellow who had shot him had shown him some strange ability to create and area void of the force and he could expand it as well. Though he doubted he would have to worry about him anymore. If his visual recordings from his ships logs were correct.

Which still left an untold amount of personnel as well as numerous weapons. He could easily be falling into a trap. Then again he could always have an ace up his own sleeve. He targetted directly under the feet of where he figured where most of blast sun would be milling around. His jet pack maybe be shot but he could always use the force.

Slicer stood up and tested his ankle. He would be able to run on it if he could ignore the pain. the healing soultion should hold. It wasn't blown off it was just sprained due to the powerful force of the shot.

Checking the weapons on his belt he felt that if worse came to worse he would very very quickly leave the area and watch them all fry. therefore with his own ace in the whole all would be well. But just in case they killed him... walking over to his computer he noted his systems check hadn't come up with anything yet so he switched tasks to motior his heart rate and if it flat line to blow up desginated target. Other than that it was set on a voice command to fire on his mark.

Double checking the system as well as the one in his helmet. he opened his hatch and stepped outside. He could either climb up ther or let his ship fly him up there. Jumping onto the top of his ship he deactivated the shields and then remotly piloted his ship upward until he reached the village. Directing the ship to go back down to where he had been he leapt onto a roof top and stared down at the massive amount of black sun troops before looking over head and noted with displeasure the ships hanging in orbit.

Slicer opened his comm directly to Piccolo.

"All right then lets work it out."

Slicer figured standing on this roof was a nicevantage point however it made him too much of a target. Concentrating on the force he seemed to flicker in and out of existance before appering admist the black sunpersoneel. He knew to droid eyes they had simply seen a blur but combining a few force powers could produce devastating effects like making one seemed to have teleported.

He puleld one man aside.

"Take me to your leader."

Keeping his lightsabers at his side he made his way toward what seemed to be a rather large droid.

ship

Piccolo picked up the man's approach. He wanted to end this as quickly as possible, so the Black Sun leader moved to meet Slicer halfway. Piccolo's readout suddenly provided a very interesting tidbit.

This one is a Force-user.

Piccolo's righteous anger was stirred at the thought of a Force-user interrupting their mission. But he forced himself to remain calm. Diplomacy, not brute force, was needed here. Besides, attacking this man would be a waste. He didn't need to feed yet.

A little deception isn't going to hurt anything though.

"I am the leader here, I serve Piccolo. I apologize for the mistake of our operatives. As you well know the Black Sun often conducts wookiee hunting expeditions. That is what we are doing now. It was a mistake that won't happen again."

Slicer looked this droid thingy up and down. He had worked for black sun before it well he didn't remember hearing about droids being in charge.

"So you are the leader why you look liike a droid. Despite that though you tell me you serve Piccolo. guess that makes sense you are kind of in his likness. Then again I never seen him in person just in files and things of that nature."

Slicer paused though.

"So let me get this straight. Your opertives figured a six foot tall man and a bunch of magnaguards were wookiees? not only does that not make sense but also given all that equipment your borught I figure you lying through your um speaker. No hunter would bring digging equipment. Nor would you make the mistake of coming to an emepty village, especially one that was on the boarder of what is considered a forbidden area.

Surley those blaster ships you have in the sky can read lifeform readins correct? Heck an old outdated x-wing could have told you that this place was abandoned. Now I could have stormtroopers out here rather quickly however I don't feel like wasting imperial lives due to the mistake of a droid."

Slicer was ore or less talking things out that was going on in his head however it was working he was getting a far clearer picture of what Black Sun must have been doing in this part of the woods.

"Given that Kashyyk has lost a grand number of it's wookiees why would you come to Kashyyk at this paticular time. I think you are here for something else. there are more populated areas of wookiees then around here. Though what are youplanning to dig up in a place full of tree. What could be so important that you would send such an operation to an abandonded village. much less send a droid such as your self.

"I don't buy what you are saying droid."

He took one step back.

"I didn't think droids told lies. Are you sure you want to cost the lives of all your men. I say you try the truth and if you want a private area to do it then we can arrange that but I doubt that you and your men have come to simply kill wookiees. Your first opertive who showed up said the same thing. Though my apprentice killed more than he did in the given time. Given that I think your operative has killed a grand total of One wookiee."

Wow do they all have the same story perhaps I should simply blast them all now and continue about my business.

He crossed his arms to bad his jet pack wasn't working he would have to push himself if things went sour.

ship

Duo stood near one of the transport ships that had come down from the large fleet above, scratching a slight burn on his elbow he got from the explosion that had only just caught his left arm. In his hand was a read out on the units he was in charge of. With each little bit of information he read over, his grin got larger.

Rodya complied with his master's orders and followed Kamino. He moved through the abandoned village with a few Black Sun enforcers looking for any obvious signs of ancient relics. The forest had crept close to the village, overtaking some of the ancient huts. Leaves and other forest debris covered the ground and small tree saplings grew in the middle of what were once broad streets.

Rodya moved forward keeping his eyes open for any unusal objects and paying close attention to Kamino for sudden instructions...

rodya2.jpg

Danger seemed to follow him everywhere. It had always been a part of his life and he had been trained for it. His whole life had been a preparation for fighting battles that had not yet been concieved. He had been bred as a soldier, and he would always lead the life of a killer. As Darkholme watched the events unfold before him, unique methods of fighting began to flow through his mind. Instead of knives or blades, guns were used as extensions of his body.

Shaking his head clear, he turned his attention back towards the scene before him. He would be ready to spring from the brush if danger was to come before the Black Sun operatives.

Mindan looked back towards the encampment and a wave of deja vu passed over him.

Somethigns not right he thought to himself, and sent a tight beam burst comm to Crow asking him to do a passive scan of the area around the dig site, checking for any metallic readings, or lifeforms or anythign that hinted at trouble.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Kals transport came out of hypersapce to quite a site to say the least. After a count a force that double the empire and the alliance was before him. Kal let out a wistle to show he was clearly impressed.

A com was sent to asking for verifcation or be blown out into space. He sent the his code to one of the ships and in return he was told two things. One you will not be blown out of the sky and two talk to Duo now.

Kal closed the channel and sent his babby sitter a com.

Com start

-----------

Duo. This is Kal reporting back for duty. Sorry for the pass out, I was given a bad case of food poisioning. Where do you want me and what do you want of me.

-----------

Com End

Kal is a man who if he found you in back alley, you want to run away as fast as you can and pray you find the exit.

Piccolo gave this grunt less credit than he was do. He was too inquisitive for his own good. Under normal circumstances, Piccolo believed this man would have long ago accepted his apology and departed. There were two possibilities. Either this man was operating somewhat autonomously from the Empire, or the Empire had warned its members to watch the Black Sun more closely.

For this man's sake, I sincerely hope it is the latter.

"Droids lie all the time, and I never said I was a droid. But perhaps you are right about the rest. Perhaps there is more to what we are doing. I can't convince you otherwise. Does it really matter? Kashyyk is not the property of the Empire. What we do here is really none of your business. In fact, maybe I should ask what exactly you were doing here."

Piccolo wished his voice had the ability to change tone to reflect annoyance. It was difficult to speak with a voice that couldn't demonstrate any emotion.

"Regardless, there's no need to discuss this in private. You're clearly right and no one here can deny it. But you should also note you've stumbled into quite a hornet's nest. You are outgunned despite what you may assume, and alone with a very deadly weapon. The question is what do you intend to do about all of this?"

"Hmmm you do seeem to be right ia m outgunned yet honestly I could care less. I plan to go about my business regardless of you people being here or not. However I sense that you are here for the same reason as I. Not like it was hard to guess. The real question is how did we both come to be at the same place at the same time looking or in my case finding the same thing. I suggest we scratch each other's back. I can save you a lot of useless scanning meanwhile you and your fleet can keep untild things of my back. what do you say?"

Slicer figured he could blow them up an dthen try to operate the machinery himself the only problem is those ships in the sky. chanecs are with the droid dead then this piccolo would show up and send his ass to hell. Something he wasn't looking forward too.

ship

Piccolo did not like the idea of working with a Force-user. Their goals could not possibly be the same. The hunter considered just killing the man here. He allowed himself a long moment as he contemplated the ramifications of such a course.

Killing Slicer would throw the Empire off our trail for a while. But there's no guarantee for how long. If they found out we killed one of their officers, it would be disastrous. But if they find out about our plan, it will be worse.

Piccolo doubted Slicer was there for the same reason he was. But what if he was wrong? The hunter believed in destiny now. He had to learn to think in those terms. Slicer's presence here may not be a coincidence. The man had as much as said so himself.

"Alright. Let's find out if you are here for the right reasons. I will test you."

Piccolo moved closer to Slicer. The man's guard came up, but there was no way to block this sort of attack.

"I am Piccolo. Fail my test and die here. Pass, and you will be a part of something glorious."

Piccolo could feel the shadow mass generator responding to his brain's command. Piccolo fed off the Force constantly, eating it away as it powered his body. But feeding off a living Force-user was so much more empowering. Slicer was instantly crippled as the Force power was drawn from his body and into Piccolo's metal frame.

"Do not fear. If you pass, your power will replenish itself."

Well, I assume it will.

"Tell me, if you can speak, why you have come and what you have come for. What is your purpose? Did the Empire send you here or are you here of your own volition? I suggest you answer quickly and truthfully. You won't last very long at all."

Slicer was unprepared for the assult even before it happened.

Is this how it will feel?

He felt his knees grow weak, loacking them in place he refused to fall before this metal monster.

"I... I do not respond well to such threats. I should blow your ass to hell."

He forced a deep breath into himself he wasn't thinking clearly this was not at all what it felt like when he walked in to yalsamari.

"I have come here for my own reason. If what I... If what I think is true you came here in order to do what you are doing to me now. Just at a larger scale."

Taking a step back he forced his arm upwards and pointed at the machine.

He most likley doesn't melt if he is who he says he is then he wouldn't have a lot of the droid weakness that most droids had. he could heat up the shell but he figured it wouldn't do much.

He took another step back and brought a hand to his helmet in order for him to better access his ship.

The battle computer inside of Slicer's helmet deginated Piccolo as a target. Following such his ship was linked up via voice command and weapons were unlocked and focused on the spot. He would most likly blow himself up if he fired a missle and he would kill everyone with in fifty meters if he fired a diamond boron torp however laser fire would do nicly.

"I am not kidding I really should just blast you apart. I would have taken out Black's sun droid leader with one blow. Would be pretty embarrassing."

He smiled behind his helmet before standing tall despite this strange force draining assult. He was mentally preparing himself to die after all he wasn't sure how long he could stand having the force ripped away from him. For all he knew he could be killing him now with this wierd assult.

ship

Mindan was watching over an operatives shoulder as he manned the sensors attached to the excavation equipment and saw the blip first.

Mindan looked on as the operative expertly managed the equipment, uncovering the thing and runnign sensor scans on it.

"Piccolo, sorry to interrupt, but we've found, somethign. We're not sure what. Sensor scans are being run now."

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Piccolo reliquished his assault. The idle threats of Slicer had not phased him. But the man's indication that he was here for the exact same reason had truly shocked him. Piccolo had embraced his destiny. But to see such blatant evidence for it was not something he expected. It saved Slicer's life. He was about to explain this to the man, when they were interrupted by Mindan's message.

"Wait. Don't proceed any further."

The hunter leaned down toward Slicer's recovering form.

"You are tainted by evil. But your purpose is pure. It is not a coincidence that we share a similar goal. The Force powers my body, and I suppose it powers yours. As long as we want the same thing, I can ignore that you were born with such a curse. Don't harbor ill will toward my methods. The Force has willed our encounter and clearly has reason for giving you special insight. You should be pleased, as I am, that another person in this galaxy shares your vision of the future. Follow me."

Piccolo ordered two operatives to help Slicer along as the man recovered his strength. He didn't trust Slicer of course. Slicer could have just been grasping and lucked into the right response. But in his heart, he doubted that was the case. There wasn't time to find out, in either case. The hunter knew what Mindan had found. Piccolo stood over the point where the scanners had registered the blip. Only a few feet of dirt stood in his way. He opened his comm.

"All Black Sun operatives report to my location. The moment of truth is at hand."

Jacen heard the comm, and looked at his locator. Piccolo was about 20 meters from him. The run would be an easy accomplishment, and the rush would certainly clear Jacen's head. After about a minute of running, Jacen arrived at Piccolo's location. He stood on what seemed to be normal ground, but Jacen knew that there was something unique about it.

"What is it you need sir?"

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

Duo wasted no time giving his units the signal to wait where he had positioned them. If anything came up they would send a comm his way and notify him, but he was not expecting any more trouble out of the Imperials stationed on this planet. Surely they were not foolish enough to strike at Black Sun considering their large fleet and even larger army.

He approached Piccolo, glancing towards Jacen for a moment before focusing on the metal behemoth before him. He had never been fond of droids and to be quite honest seeing Piccolo in this form didn't quite raise his respect for the figure, but he still had respect for him none the less.

”œYou, uh, rang? I didn't figure we'd be finding a moment of truth here, just some clunky equipment to help that moment come about.”

Noticing the aggressive behavior of both Piccolo and the Imperial officer, Darkholme gripped the cuustom grip of both blaster pistols and pulled them from their holsters. Switching the safety latch, Darkholme extended his helmets sensor range, and narrowed his visor to target the Imperial and his closest units. He knew if this turned into a full fledges battle, his chances of survival at this range was very low. But his skill as a hunter in previous fights would aid him well. He had often stalked his prey through jungle worlds before. And now those experiences would assist him in this fight.

Mindan recieved the return message frmo Piccolo and gave the order to secure the excavation equipment until further orders were received. Seeing thqat this was done, Mindan made his way down from the control station to await Piccolo's arrival and further orders.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Piccolo found himself slightly insulted that Duo would dismiss this moment so quickly.

"This is about the future of the galaxy. We are about to change the course of history."

Piccolo ordered the digging to continue slowly. It was only minutes before they hit something hard. Piccolo held up his hand, indicating they should continue by hand. The Black Sun operatives had excavated a giant hole in the former wookiee village. He could see the suprise on their faces that they had actually found something, especially this deep. They were doubtful of his sanity, he suspected. But soon they would have faith. The operatives continued, trying to penetrate the ancient durasteel. They were far too slow for Piccolo's taste.

"Move clear."

The hunter leaped down, his metal feet clanging on the old surface. With one swift punch, he made a hole in the thick steel. Piccolo effortlessly pulled each side apart, creating an entry.

"The ranking operatives should follow me. I want the rest of you to keep pulling this metal apart."

Piccolo disappeared into the hole.

Slicer had about of much of a chance being left behind on this as the so called higher ranking opertives. Shaking himself loose from his escorts he placed a hand on his scalp hunter and another on his belt. Before moving forward toward the hole.

Guess I should be glad I didn't blow up their equipment.

Before any of them could stop him however he had disappered into the hole.

ship

Kamino watched the Imperial idoit follow Piccolo into the hole. The foolish Slicer didn't realize how lucky he was to be alive...the green Twi'lek Operative thought that Piccolo was going to kill Slicer on more than one occasion.

Kamino entered the most-interesting hole after Piccolo and Slicer. The area they were walking in was incredibly dark, and Kamino's glowstick barely enabled him to see and follow Slicer's back. Yet, as they trekked, Kamino's heart began to thump with excitement...the age of the Black Sun was dawning!

Kamino.jpg

An encrypted com came in for Slicer, who recieved it directly in his helmet...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Slicer, this is Count Teema of Serreno. I, like yourself, am an agent of the Empire. I am contacting you to ask for your assistance. I have a special mission to accomplish, and I think you can help me. This mission is filled with action, intrigue, and has a substantial reward. If you are interested, please visit me in my office at the Imperial Headquarters of Serenno."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Count terminated the secure com...

Count_Teema.jpg

Rodya appeared with the rest of the operatives and watched as Piccolo ripped a large hole in the side of something metal buried deep beneath the surface. Rodya still wasn't sure what exactly was going on. He had been sent ahead to scout out Kashyyyk, but he did not expect the Black Sun to turn into an archieological company. He figured that what ever Lord Piccolo had in mind was in the best interest of Black Sun; so following Kamino and the the Sly Slicer, Rodya squeezed through the metal hole and into darkness.

rodya2.jpg

Kal landed at the site after reciveing Piccolo's orders. Kal disembarked from his vessle leaving droids to catch up and wait outside of the metal hole that Piccolo had ripped out. His droids would help and aid in the removing of all of this scrap blocking the way. Kal entered behind the other opperitives. He kept moving with the rest of the men. He knew Piccolo was going to lead them to glory, but what waited from then and now was a differnt story. Kal treaded lightly, but quickly expecting anything to happen.

Kal is a man who if he found you in back alley, you want to run away as fast as you can and pray you find the exit.

Piccolo did not look to see if the others followed. He was too enraptured by what he saw before him. His eyes shifted to night vision and he got a complete look at the chamber before them. It was not large. It looked to have been dug and lined with durasteel panels with a higher concentration on speed than craftsmanship. It explained why the door had been so flimsy. This chamber was an act of desperation. Piccolo ordered a few lesser operatives to come down with lights so the others could see. What they saw before them was amazing.

It is a vision of our future.

Broken droid parts and the skeletons of many warriors littered the floor. Most of them clutched lightsabers in their hands. It was evident a battle had gone on. In the center of the floor a transparisteel panel could be seen. Piccolo pointed to it.

"Look there."

The operatives tread carefully over the skeletons, and held the light over the clear center of the chamber. Inside a large lower chamber could be seen. And right below the clear transparisteel was a massive structure. It appeared almost like a large oversized satellite dish attached to a metal frame. It was pure black all the way through. It was a weapon created for evil.

"Kamino, organize the men and get it out of there."

Darth Asperser, Slicer, Nadus or whatever you called him stopped dead in his tracks as he caught sight of the beautiful object for him. Specifically designed to combat his kind it stood worn down yet still as marvelous as a gem.

To think I now have the power to bend the galaxy to my tune.

His thoughts were interrupted however as a comm bursted through his helmet speakers. He quickly acknowledged it before returning his focus before the object before him. Suddenly he remembered quite clearly just what lay around him.

Hmm I wonder if I blow them all up what my chances would be of escaping with this thing. Could be good despite that fleet above our head.

He chuckled before arming his entire suit up so it can do as it was desingned. He figured now was now a good time to do anything stupid lest this piccolo droid thingy do it's force draining on him again. He was still recovering from the last time. It was however as good of a time as any to bring up something might important.

"I believe that object belongs to me. Seeing how the last known user of this device was a Sith and I am of the Sith. You are welcome to dig it up of course but I lay my right to claim it."

He laughed for he knew this would bring about a very negetive reaction.

"We can perhaps work out a deal after are despite being violaters of the Artus Treaty I think we are after the same goal. To severly diminish the power of Force users as well as the force in the galaxy. Certain force users more than others. This could easily be used against the jedi for me and it could provide quite the defense should my own brothers turn on me much as it is to my dismay on the holonet. "

He smiled before looking at everyone in the chamber.

"Or we could end this in some sort of bloody fight that gets all of us really nowhere. Sure one of your people might survive and lets not forget your fleet. However we wouldn't want this Beautiful device to be lost forever now would we. I have the power to destroy it right now. Yet this is not what I wish for now do I sense is it what you wish for."

He placed his handon his belt and another on his scalpe hunter. Just incase. he also locked cooridinates with his ship's comp as well as gave it instructions incase he flat lined. A simple knock out at this point could cause irreversable repercussions. Since a knock out could produce a flat line signal. Even if it was for a moment it would be enough.

"Hope I don't suddenly fall asleep. Would be mighty painful."

ship