Ilum

RaveN

Gavin sat down on the cold metal table containing the data pad. He stared at the light screen and began to focus on the first question: What is the Jedi Code? He leaned back in his chair and racked his brain searching for the information he required. This had been one of the first things he had studied, and essential for all Jedi students. He remembered looking it over on Manann, something about peace and emotion. Then he remembered that he had come up with his own way to remember the code, especailly useful in times like these.

Emotional People Ignore Knowledge and People Seeking Death Find nothing.

He looked over his answer choices and smiled as he saw what he was seeking. The other answers included the Sith Code and slight, subtle variations of the real Jedi Code, but Gavin knew he was right when he pushed the button containing the answer:

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

Now on to question two. He looked down at the timer in front of him and noticed that he only had forty-five minutes left. He would need to be quicker. What is the purpose of the Jedi? Gavin thought hard about this question before looking down onto the pad for the answer he was seeking, and sure enough he saw it there among the others. The purpose of the Jedi was to create peace throughout the galaxy, while being able to completly serve the Force and understand its will for them as an individual and a whole.

Satisfied with his answer, Gavin moved onto the third and final question, reading it over a couple of times to make sure he had read the question right. Why do Jedi go to battle? This question was tough, as there were a few answers that could be correct, but he would need to let the Force guide him to the correct answer choice. He focued on letting the Force control his movements and his thought processes. For some reason he felt drawn to the third answer chocie, so trusting his insticts and the Force, he selected the answer containing: Jedi go into battle in order to create civilzation, for if there is civilization, real civilization, there will be peace. Jedi also go into battle in order to create justice, as it is the fundemntal item in an civilization.

Content with the three answers he had choosen he submitted them with three and a half minutes left on his timer. It had seemed like a less substantial amount of time, but as long as he got them in within the hour he didn't care how long it took. As the computer processed his answers, Gavin decided there was nothing he could do but wait. He began meditating, calling on the Force to get him through his trials, and the wait began.

((1))

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

Helbecht leaned against the landing gear of the aircraft, now slightly out of sight from Armiena. Her first comment had been on the mark, but the follow up didn't make sense to him. The two ideas didn't align. On one hand she praised destiny, and the other insinuating that this was his decision.

Regardless if she could see it or not, he offered her a smile. "I am none, Grandmaster. As you stated before, you can not stop me from being a Jedi, and neither can I. It is my destiny. My path was laid out for me before my soul entered my body."

He stood in silence like she had, letting his words set in before adding to his point.

"And you? Did you really bring yourself to where you stand now? Or was it a series of events you had no hold on? Did the galaxy around you seem to plot to put you in your place? There is much in life that we can't control. We have to just lean back and accept life for what it is; a beautiful catastrophe."

A small cargo freighter blinks into existence at the edge of the system and begins slowly crawling its way towards the ice ball of a planet known as Ilum. Aed moved up behind the pilot and her co-pilot, resting his hands on the back of their seats and looking out the forward view screen. They had been to many planets and he had paid many credits in his quest to seek out the Jedi, but it seemed that every planet he ventured to was void of any Jedi presence. The next on his list after this one was a place known as ”œGala.”

Helbrecht sighed inwardly.

"Grand Master, neither of us will win. I can not tell you your way of thinking is wrong, just as you can not tell me mine is. Both of us are neither right nor wrong because there is no correct answer, only answers that comfort us. I was taught this way as I grew up, and to me, it is the truth. We all have different views of the truth, and how we came to those conclusions is part of what defines us. But it's the similarities in our views of the truth that brings us together. We both think that the good should ultimately triumph, and it is our place to help it do so."

He looked out the massive door of the hanger, taking note on how the sun had moved rather far in their discussion.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the archives. Masters are more inclined to take apprentices with some level of knowledge to them."

I was quick to interrupt Helbrecht before he departed too far from the base of the Jedi Starfighter. I slid off the wing of the heavy starfighter, cursing silently to myself as I realized that my left leg had fallen asleep during our short debate. Alas, there was no choice but to try to absorb the landing from the two meter fall on a numb limb. I took the fall heavily, sinking onto one knee until I trusted the leg to take my weight again.

"And some Masters prefer Padawans that are mouthy and aren't afraid to think for themselves." Now this had to look absurd--my leg was just starting to tingle with feeling, but I was still kneeling below his height. "I've been thinking of taking on another Padawan for a while, and I'd like to have the opportunity to train you. What say you?"

drayyy.png

The bulky freighter carried the crew down to the surface as Aed slipped into his room. He wrapped a thick cloak around his clothing and gear, than prepared to depart from the ship. All the members of the crew saw him off, waving and saying their good byes before retreating back into the ship and away from the cold of the icy planet. He wore a set of black goggles and had a piece of cloth wrapped around his mouth as he approached the Jedi Structure.

It didn't take much to get inside, in fact all it took was him entering and shutting the door behind him. His body instantly began to warm up as the warmth within the temple combined with the thickness of his clothing. He spotted another figure that appeared to have just entered the area as well. Feeling that it best to speak with someone and let his presence be known, rather then possibly be misconstrued as an intruder, he approached the man and lifted the hood of his cloak off of his head while simultaneously pulling down the bit of cloth wrapped around his mouth. His jet black hair and pale, necrotic looking skin was revealed along with a bit of a grin.

”œ'Ello there, I'm Aed Lux. It's nice to meet you”¦”

Edited by Guest

Kirlocca and Holden stood, staring at the entrance to the crystal cave. Holden began to constantly ask questions that Kirlocca did not have an answer for. "But what about that one." Holden said pointing to some indent on the wall of the cave. "I'm sure it was placed there by accident. It's not dangerous in there buddy." Holden only nodded his head. The boy clearly felt like he had crosses some kind of line. Kirlocca felt bad for him and just as he went to speak to him about it, the boy's face changed to curiosity.

"Who are they?" Kirlocca looked to where Holden was pointing. Two hopefuls or padawans stood together, talking amongst themselves. Kirlocca took a look around and realized that all of the masters were either talking to each other, or were not present. There's gonna be a lot of padawan that are gonna need guidance. Maybe I should teach them as a class until master can take them... Kirlocca looked at Holden with a frown. "Would you be okay if we spend time with them?"

As Holden nodded his head, Kirlocca carried him over to the young Jedi. (Joran and Aed)

"Joran Vonar, nice to meet you" replied Joran to the man who entered the ice cave soon after he did extending his hand to return the handshake. The man, Aed, was a Nagai if he was not mistaken. Joran had heard about them before but had never actually met one. Meet someone new everyday... he thought to himself.

His train of though was interrupted though when two Jedi came down the corridor seeming to have noticed the two visitors at their door, one of whom was a wookie. Deciding to make a good impression Joran decided to show as must courtesy and respect he could muster.

Turning to face the two Jedi and bowing Joran said, "Greetings masters. I am Joran Vonar of Corellia and have come to study the ways of the force, should you deem me worthy."

Aed cast a glance to the side, where Joran had looked to, only to notice a wookiee and one other individual approaching. He raised an eyebrow, curious as to why the obvious Jedi was approaching them. It was entirely possible that he was the greeter of hopefuls and would assign them rooms and such but Aed also knew that there were some species in the Galaxy that his sort didn't exactly have a good history with. He was pretty certain that enslaving the Wookiees and taking over their planet for a time, as his species had done some years back, was one of those things that offense would be taken too.

Never the less he waited for Joran to finish speaking before he would introduce himself. He didn't bow, as the other had, but he did elaborate on his introduction as Vonar had.

”œ'Ello, Master Jedi. I am Aex Lud, hailing from Corellia. After having served in Corsec for a number of years as well as helping resistance forces on several planets I can no longer allow my other talents to go to waste. That is why I sought out the Jedi here.”

Helbrecht chuckled silently to himself as he watched the woman kneel. He knew what the problem was without her ever saying a word. He walked back over to her and knelled next to her.

"Here."

With a series of sharp pushes with his thumb, the muscles in her calf began to relax. He stood up and backed off a pace. Among the list of things he was taught in his youth, massage was one of them. It was less of a means to relieve stress, but more to learn about how the human body worked. The way the heart and muscles worked together helped you understand how other things worked. It was just one step in understanding the connection between all things.

"The human anatomy is a wondrous thing. Yes, I believe we can both learn something from each other's company."

Inwardly he was slightly dreading the idea. This woman was not his ideal master, but as there were few available, she would be suitable. After all, wasn't she the Grand Master? She must have a great understanding of the force for her to achieve such an honor. Perhaps it was the mere fact that she was a woman that had set him at a distance. The women he was brought up around were so docile and submissive, normally having such a small voice in the manner of of most things. This woman would have much to teach him.

"I, Eric Helbrecht, would be honored to study under you, Grand Master."

I could have easily dealt with the sluggish leg on my own. Long, difficult, and occasionally risky training had taken my studies of the Force into a deeper understanding of the body's mechanisms than most Jedi achieved, until I even mastered the internal use of Morichro. I could purge toxins from my body, drive my cells into a restorative frenzy, and even slow my vital functions until my heart was required to beat at the frenzied rate of ”œbeats per hour”

drayyy.png

Helbrecht pushed aside his curiosity to see what the loud sound was, feeling a response was more important than than a random noise in a very secure base.

"Blasters? What an inelegant weapon. Combat is meant to be personal, to where you look your opponent in the eye. You'll stare into their eyes, searching for the critical point, where you're fates are decided."

Her statement given the minimal attention, he turned to look at the huge mechanical marvel gracing their presence.

Hmm...interesting design.

"Damned...couldn't even...little closer..."

Irritable words flew around in the wind of the Ilum climate, the heavy drifts muddying the image of the man who spoke them. Boots leaving heavy tracks through the snow as he walked, his words revealing his annoyance, it seemed amidst the whiteness that he was alone. Not true, and he knew it. There was the temple to reach.

Having done what he usually did and gained transport the odd way, he'd been quite...bummed to find that the pilot didn't feel at all inclined to take him right on up to the Jedi Temple of Ilum. Well...he was a rather shady person to begin with, so Jaqen couldn't blame him. It wasn't as if he'd dumped him randomly on the ice planet either. He'd only been a half-mile off some minutes ago. The worry was for whether or not he was moving in the right direction.

And apparently he was, for within the minute his eyes fell upon the temple itself, through the slit of the hooded and masked, thick fur shawl he wore.

"Huh," he grunted. Nothing fancy... He'd been expecting something more elegant, he realized, more grandiose. Maybe it was, and he just wasn't seeing straight. Oh well.

He stood for a long moment outside the door, having followed tracks up to it and wondering whether or not he should knock...or wait...Jedi would know he was here already, right? A minute rolled by...then another. Finally Jaqen simply opened the door, unlocked as it were, and stepped inside. He didn't realize it was moderately warmer until a bead of sweat rolled down his face, and he removed his shawl.

He was no more than a boy, though with a mature face and deep eyes. He didn't really know where to go, even though he could easily see a bit off to one side that there was a human, one of the pale-men Nagai, and a Wookie. The last also appeared to be a Jedi, from the robes and whatnot. He thought he saw someone on the other side of the Jedi, but he couldn't tell for sure from this angle. Hesitant, he occupied himself with brushing snow off of his clothes.

Sig_Zack_by_Zardom002.jpg

Rock the house.

The doorway opens and the whole level opens itself. The pad read now please proceed to the next level.

As Gavin entered the second level the pad once again updated and changed.

On this level the store rooms that line it have been filled with androids that have been set to kill any thing that has any sign of a force signature. However you will need to open the shutter door even the control panel is not working. In addition I have removed parts of the floor and other parts have been set with traps. So do use caution. One hint and only one. The androids have limited range. This is also timed. You have 20 minutes. Usually it takes 15 to get though this level to the bottom. So have be quick.

The door behind Gavin closed and the data pad showed 19:59. The next trail had began.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Slipping through the atmosphere, he gently pulled back on his controls to bring the rumbling ship to a stop upon the colder regions of the planet. It was around this area that he had told her to meet him. According to him, he was more late than usual. So late that it was actually quite embarrssing to even come. However, he had business at hand, and one should always at least try to keep their appointments.

He smiled. "heh, I wonder how she been keeping herself busy anyway."

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

I paused a second, having made ready to investigate another transport that had set foot within the hangar of the Jedi Temple. What Helbrect just said”¦ it was almost as though my own words were coming from another pair of lips. I despised assassination and sabotage, although psychological warfare had its uses; when it came down to the feral engagement of battle, it was time to let go of all pretense of civilization. A warrior had to fight with every weapon at their disposal.

And when the fight ended, it was the most basic respect that one could do to watch the life leave their opponent's body and ensure that it wouldn't be trampled in the chaos.

”œMy sentiments exactly””although overwhelming firepower does have its uses. Speaking of which, there will soon be a briefing for an attack that's been far too long in coming.”

drayyy.png

Kirlocca smiled as Holden made some kind of comment about the young Jedi that only the wookiee could hear.

"I think that you both are worthy of training. Now, I can't take you both on as padawans, but I am wiling to train you both up to the level to where a master would take you."

Kirlocca moved Holden to his other side, being that the three year old was getting heavy for him.

"And if no masters take you on, then I will continue to train you until you reach the level of a Jedi Knight."

"Are you a Knight?" Holden said "Now, I'm a master. It's a harder level to reach. I will explain it to you later when you are older buddy." Kirlocca turned his attention back to the young Jedi to see if they would except his offer.

Pfft. A master. Now that was something alright. It was hard enough to hear them from this distance, but the Wookie's voice was loud. From where he stood, he couldn't see any way to walk around them and go off in search of...well, anything at all. He doubted self-guided tours were welcomed, anyways. There were no benches around, nor anything else to sit on, so the boy just slumped against the wall, pulling off his wet boots and squeezing his feet with his hands. His curly white hair tangled about his ears and neck; hood or no hood, his locks were wet. But it was warm in here, and he cared not. It was nice to just rest and do nothing, now that he was here.

Rock the house.

Aryian turned, marvelling at the new mechanical monstrosity that now crawled into the hangar. It carried itself differently, instead of avoiding and moving around the smaller crew droids it simply walked through them almost casually as it made the effort to continuously monitor their movements, stepping where they weren't.

"Master Draygo? I am Saladin. The Grandmaster has assigned me to protect you."

Aryian almost laughed. This thing couldn't be serious, could it?

"Please...My wife calls me Aryian, you can as well. And you're really supposed to protect me?"

"That is my new function, Master Aryian Draygo."

Aryian's eyes narrowed as he activated his implant, hacking into the spider's comm channels.

[be careful, Saladin. You may find yourself being protected by me sometime in the future.]

The giant spider stiffened, taking a step back. It obviously didn't expect Aryian to do something like that. Aryian didn't mind. They'd learn to get along with each other soon enough. He was eying the thing over, though, looking for the critical hardpoints he could attach things onto, or attach the Wolf Spider to...one thing was for sure, it'd need its own military grade repulsorlift system...

"I am curious, Master Aryian Draygo, what are you thinking?"

"You'll see soon enough Saladin. One thing you'll find when...assigned to me, is that I like to keep everything in top condition...even upgrade things a bit. Long story short, you're going to gt a makeover. But not here...we don't have the tools here."

"I see. What should I do now?"

"Run a diagnostic, then whatever you please. I'm going to rework your behavioral AI a bit as well, though your personality is suitable. Don't worry, you'll still be you."

With that, Aryian wandered off looking for Armiena, wondering what this newest rally for the Jedi was about.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Yes!! Finally it begins!! "Indeed I shall accept your offer. I dont believe that I have never been this excited before, " replied Joran bowing again. "I am ready any time you wish to begin, master."

As Joran spoke the words he somehow felt different, like he had found some divine purpose. Maybe thats what it was, who knows? All Joran knew, was that he had never been more sure of anything in his life than accepting this offer.

Hel...the indignity. By referring to himself as purely Helbrecht, he took the burden of his family name, and by extension honor, on his shoulders. Shortening it took away part of his identity, party of his history. But did that matter, really? All that really matter was that he did he duty to the order; that he preserved life the best of his capabilities. Though it left a somewhat sour taste in his mouth, he would accept the name.

"No, Grand Master. Call me what you wish."

He fell in line not far behind her. If what she said were true, battle would be upon them soon. He needed a weapon, if not many.

A small snubfighter appeared on the outskirts of the Ilum system and began its descent to the planet's surface. The Force had brought the small craft here for a reason. That, and the pilot received the call to gather here from the Jedi Grand Master. It appeared that Brad Warren's time of isolation and solitude would end. The craft quickly landed, and Brad exited his starfighter.

The Jedi Knight quickly located and joined his fellow Jedi for the battle they had been called here for.

WarrenEdit.jpg

Helbrecht was slightly annoyed, that much I could tell from passively reading the emotions emanating from his Force presence. He was also worried, which I took to be a good sign. After all, I'd just told him that the Jedi would soon be going to war, and he hadn't even gone through the most basic of training; I hadn't even taught him about the code, let alone practical combat with a lightsaber. It was tremendously unfair to him, being thrust into battle so soon, and I would have been anxious if he wasn't worried.

I spent the rest of the journey to a nearby briefing room in silence, cataloging the weapons in my considerable arsenal and wondering what he might find useful. Of course, there was a certain weapon that I had developed for this mission in particular”¦

I spotted the crates lying on the floor of the briefing room before a large circular holoprojector in the center of the room, recently delivered by one of the loading droids. Without explanation, I snapped open the lid of one of the armored crates and withdrew a bulky carbine from the top of the pile.

”œYou've just told me what you think of firearms, but regardless”¦ these will definitely come in handy for the upcoming fight.”

drayyy.png

Aryian stopped for a moment, before getting a crazy idea and a very wide, unsafe grin. He lashed out wth the Force, popping the booma mag back in, chambered a round, popped the safety off, aimed the thing in his general direction, and popped off a round aimed directly at his head. All this was done in an extremely short amount of time, not nearly enough for them to do anything about it.

And the round splattered inches from his face, electrical fizzles traveling along the liquid of the Booma round which was splayed out across an invisible shield. Aryian grinned wider, levitating the remains to a nearby disposal.

"You can't touch me with projectiles, dear."

He chuckled for a moment as he saw her glare at him for doing such a retarded thing, but Aryian was in a cheery mood, especially after fantasizing over what exactly he'd upgrade on the big spider.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

It was almost physical, the shiver of realization that went through him then. It was an opening of the curtain, a drop of the flag. He was awake. All in all, he really didn't feel any different. He just had a sudden taste in his mouth, one that wasn't truly there but that he could just feel. He was so sick of waiting.

He got to his feet, holding his boots in his hands, socks within, and walked along the edge of the wall on bare feet, silently padding. He noticed doors he hadn't noticed before, and took one, away from the others. He didn't know if he should technically be wandering around”¦but if he were dangerous, he knew at least one of the Jedi here would have to sense him or something. Besides, it was obvious just what he was. The Echani features didn't leave much room for argument, especially in so young a face. At least, he hoped that was true; it was his main bargaining chip in most cases.

Luqen moved slowly and silently through hallways and doors. No one stopped him. No one saw him. He saw no one. It was curious”¦people had to be here. He'd seen some just back there. It was at once a relieving and disappointing truth, this absence of people, at least from where Luqen happened to be walking. Some might want to apprehend a trespasser”¦but he still had to find someone to learn from. Either way, he knew they were around here somewhere; Ilum was their planet, so he'd heard.

Eventually, he did find something. He found voices. He could barely make out the words at first, and there was the sound of metallic movement farther off. This intrigued him, and he dared to move in the direction of the noise. He got so far as to come to a corner, where he paused, waiting. Not a moment later there was the sound of a blaster, and laugh afterwards. A fight?

"You can't touch me with projectiles, dear."

Apparently not. Luqen didn't even breath; the voice stopped his heart, it seemed, and the weight it bore. He was mystified by the possibilities. Were they're Jedi in the next room? Were there warriors? Had something happened to instigate a fight?

”¦were their Sith?

Here!? No. Idiot, he thought. Just Jedi”¦just Jedi, people with skills that the young Echani wished so dearly for.

Rock the house.

Helbrecht looked over the weapons, running his fingers along the cold metal, merely chuckling as a wife almost killed a husband, his humor quickly fading when the husband in return showed his over confidence and flaunted his skill. There was no real need for such a display of power. To use such a powerful tool like your personal plaything...Frankly, Helbrecht just found it slightly unbecoming of a Master. Lowering his voice just audible to the point where only his master could hear him.

"You know, I could use some target practice, and your husband seems more than willing."

It was said in jest, but he kept his stern face. One good thing about being serious all the time was making people question if you are kidding or not. However the same really applied to those considered constant jokers as well, so he couldn't say the enjoyment was left solely to him.

Nulmiri sat just outside her ship, her back leaning against one of the tires, rolling a little pebble back and forth between hands. Left....Right....Left....Right....She sighed.

"So this is what it feels like to be bored to death."

In some ways she felt as if she was really going to die. In others she just felt bored. She looked at her chronometer on her wrist. It had been at the same time for three hours, it felt like. She flicked it, hoping that would do something. Maybe not.

She sighed again, going back to rolling the pebble. She had a fealing that it would be a long day.

~+~+~+~

s100242817.jpg

~+~+~+~

I could feel the color drain from my face as I heard the ominous click of the carbine's safety as it allowed the weapon to fire, and the length of the firearm wrenched about in my hands. I had a feeling what my husband was planning to do, and was beginning to slip my index finger under the trigger to override his display of power with a simple movement, but the Force was far quicker than my muscles. The electronics surrounding the length whined faintly as they propelled the fragile round through the barrel.

It didn't sound like a deadly weapon, but that made the carbine no less dangerous to handle improperly.

”œYou”¦ damned”¦ fool!!

drayyy.png