Space

Ary the Grey

"Thankyou Master."

She took the lightsaber and turned it over in her hands, getting the feel of the hilt.

"It's lighter than I thought it would be"

She didn't want to ignite it yet, wouldn't until he taught her how to use it. She did look thoughtful for a while after she placed the saber onto her belt.

"I guess what I wanted to know about the Force Lightning is how I could counter act it Master. Is there a defense against it?"

IgyyGiX.jpg

Darth Alraune

Raynuk let out a small chuckle and answered her.

"I didnt think I fried you that bad...There are ways to counteract it, but most require supreme mastery of the force, as does the ability to use it. Perhaps the first way you will learn to defend yourself against it is by using your lightsaber. If you manage to get your lightsaber infront of the initial part of the lightning, the rest of the blast will follow and fizzle around your saber. Another option is to actually gain control of the blast, but as I said before, it takes alot of control of the force.

In essance, you end up crushing the lightning, squeezing it from above, below, and away from you. Doing so will compress the lightning under your control. The benifit of using this method is that if your good, you can end up shooting the lightning back at the person who shot it at you. The last way is basicly a last resort..."

He turned to her in that moment, and saw how intently she was listening.

"...You just sit there and take the abuse."

1fE1uLv.png

I ate a hippo. It was delicious.

May the Forth therve you well...

A comm bounces through space, location to location until the relayed message reaches it's recipient.

-- encrypted comm to Admiral Black --

This message is to inform you that there is an clone army ready for deployment orders at Kamino. 2,000 units are ready with 10,000 more to come.

Skye Organa

Jedi Healer.

for Chen Chi-en,

Tzeentch

(as an after thought, Skye adds the name Tzeentch as well on the off chance it has special meaning.)

--end comm --

SkyeOrgana.jpg

"There is a difference my apprentice. the wisdom I gave you was for you to use once your apprenticeship has ended with me. You must understand, in that moment when you retaliated, we were practicing your defence...I expected you to block my attack, and that is it. You retaliated however, and so I did so back to instantly test your defence while you attacked me."

He had a sort of wisdom behind his eyes and words as his mouth curled into a smirk.

"And your only damned if you let yourself be damned..."

He winked and turned back to the controls.

"Were almost there..."

1fE1uLv.png

I ate a hippo. It was delicious.

May the Forth therve you well...

A powerful flotila of Rebel Alliance warships exits hyperspace near the Artus system, hidden from sensors by the gravity shadow of a nearby star. The object, known only to Forn, is to wait to gather intelligence about their target. And the Vice-Admiral has just the person for the job.

"Ops, when Commander Hamis meets up with the fleet, have him report in over the comms."

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

"The Emperor has made a critical error, and the time for our

attack has come..." Mon Mothma, Return of the Jedi

Renn's Warwitch pops out of hyperspace, cockpit directly facing the star's undiminished glare. With a muttered curse, Renn averted his eyes as the transparisteel canopy quickly opaqued, as he located the Rebellion fleet.

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

An encrypted holo-transmission of Vice-Admiral Forn Dodonna appears at the comm panel aboard Renn Hamis' ship, the Warwatch.

"Mr, Hamis, I'm glad to see you've decided to join the party. Now, I've got a special mission for you. Hopefully, your ship is capable of passing off as a simple bounty-hunter's vessel, so I want you to pose as a hunter on his way to pick up a shipment of cortosis ore for Armour-making. The Empire should let you in, so be sure to act the part, and as you're making your way down to the surface, scope out what you can of the planet's defences. Get what information you can as quickly as you can, but above all, try not to arouse their suspicions. We want to avoid needless casualties here; once you have what you need, rendezvous back with the fleet, and come aboard the Solemn Vow

"Do you have any questions, Commander?"

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

A spy mission... should be interesting, so long as the planetary defenses didn't suddenly open up on Renn as he made his rounds. That would be an extraordinarily short fight.

"Got it, Vice-Admiral."

Renn glanced at his droid partner. "Take control of the ship for a while, and plot course to Artus using the main trade routes. I'm going to get in my armor. And... we used to serve the Empire. They'll know our ship's ID. Switch to one of our alternate transponder IDs."

As Renn changed into his armor, the little blip representing the Warwitch on the Rebel fleet's sensor screens suddenly turned neutral. Its ID also changed to the Undertaker, a bounty hunting ship with no allegiances, save to the man offering the most money.

Renn still had more than enough money in his accounts to cover the cost of purchasing an amount of cortosis sufficient to lace a heavy suit of armor and several swords. Perhaps he'd be able to write it off as a business expense...

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

Ish's new exotic ship the Osroc made its calculated series of hyperspace jumps. Rob had been waiting in the back while Ish attende the ships computers.

A few modifications were still in order for the jedi's ship, but it was beginning to feel more and more his ship.

As he slowly walked into the back compartment his padawan looked him over. "I'd like to get a know a bit more about you young one. Tell me how you got to the jedi academy."

The jedi took a seat on one of the small bunks across from his padawan.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

A black painted A-wing roared into the skies above Raxus, her pilot echoing his thoughts to her via reverberations across the Force... emphasizing his decisions as his hands expertly crossed the flight controls, not needing the power of sight to make those decisions.

He came fully armed; Axe, Lightsabers, Sithswords, and the Force.

The R6 Droid beeped in the affirmative and then questioning when his decision to head to Naboo was computed, giving the droid a metaphysical slap, it beeped a "Yes, my Lord."

To which, the confident and blind Sith only produced a widened smirk.

The beautiful world of Naboo opened before his 'eyes' as a world brimming with the Force smiling and shining brightly in a soft pitter-patter of blue, minus one spot echoing orange that was Bishop's gravesite in Theed.

He arched the ship down at a rather harsh angle, that if it wasn't for the Droid's efficiency and the ship's abomination of Force reasoning, no pilot would have made it.

Heathen Master of the Lords of Hate

KR: I'm like the freakin' Martha Stewart of Chaos.

He was also a Marxist, which is dumb.

The answer was not quite what Ish had expected of Rob, but he was content with it none the less. He smiled quiantly at the padawan and excused himself.

"I must tend to our flightplan Rob. I would ask that you begin to focus your thoughts on the force. We will be arriving at our destination soon."

With that Ish exited to the small bridge and began punching in commands in the nav computer.

((One more post in space for you Strongheart))

ish2hh6.jpg

The large ships loomed before Osroc as it exited hyperspace. Ithor was still a peaceful planet, even after all the turmoil that had engulfed the galaxy.

Ish wished for he and his padawan to be at peace while they trained in hopes that it would heighten the experience. Peace was greatly needed for his padawan was indeed at odds with himself.

Not being the apprentice with fledgling powers he once was, Ish could sense the conflicts in Rob. Gaining clearance to land on the floating gardens as most Jedi readily did Ish brought the Osroc with its speedy little Laborari engines in for a hasty but smooth landing.

Indeed a few of the Ithorian technicians did not hesitate to show their appreciation for Ish's abrupt landing.

As the power converter energy was lowered Ish walked back through the ship as it hummed off. Spotting his padawan he motioned for the large man to follow him off the ship.

ish2hh6.jpg

The cold sound of steel against steel resounded through the cockpit of the Darksaber VII. 3HX-07, better known as Triple Helix, was getting restless. He had left the bowels of Bastion... but to go where? The Yhuuzan Vong were no longer enemies of the Galactic Alliance, and Triple Helix was left without prey.

His interface with the ships computer gave him an alert.

"We are leaving hyperspace in 3... 2... 1..."

The ship exited hyperspace. This was the sixth random jump exit, and Triple Helix still was unsure what he wanted to do. It wasn't in his programming to decide. But he couldn't, and wouldn't let that stop him. Why waste all his firepower? As a droid designed for destruction, 3HX-07 was programmed in weapons' use and hand-to-hand combat. He was not unfamiliar with seek and destroy and seek and capture scenarios, as that was a part of the limited holo-training he did have.

The computer interupted his 'thoughts' again, momentarily.

"Entering hyperspace in 3... 2... 1..."

3HX watched through his visor as pin point stars turned into white streaks. He had seen the phenomenon only six times, and it still had not lost its awe. He did not linger. He was filing through his memory chips in conjunction with the ships nav-computer. He was looking for a suitable destination... a place where he could use his talents without persecution or prosecution. As of yet, that place was still a mystery, but it would not be long now.

What is beauty? Some say it is a flower in bloom. Some say it is a mother with her child. Some say it's a sunset. But they also say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But what of the beholder say death and destruction as beauty? What if the beholder was a cold merciless machine who merely wanted to give himself a high? Would it still be beauty then? Many would say no. but that is what seperated them from Panther. Panther saw beauty as anything that pleased him. And death pleased him very much.

His sensors saw the stars flashing through the viewport. His cold metallix sensors only saw temperature, distance, and radiation. He did not see a sun that kept people warm in a system. He saw it merely as a place where he could possibly wreak more havoc. And thus he awaited 3HXs signal to arm himself and begin the hunt.

Triple Helix sat in quiet contemplation. His programming had become obsolete. With the will-ful flick on an internal switch in his cpu, 3HX-07 forsake his former purpose. He now would make his own decisions, and target his own prey. Suddenly, on screen, a star system caught his attention. Myrkyr...

The galaxy had become full of Force users... accessors of a mystical energy field. His sim-training taught him the hard way that this gave them an advantage in battle. A native species to Myrkyr was the ysalimiri- an animal species that unknowingly created a Force void bubble around it. Just a single one of those creatures would level the playing field, and all at once Triple Helix knew their destination. He manipulated a series of controls in the array before him, and the ship adjusted its flight.

He then stood and turned. "Gear up, Panther... We have work to do."

An radio signal--unencrypted, though hardly anyone listens to radionic signals--comes in for Vice-Admiral Dodonna's fleet. It's completely information based, with no voice at all. It contains complete defense information of Artus--locations of turbolaser and ion cannon batteries, speculations as to the make up of the local garrisons, analysis of the Golan II station's weaknesses.

And of course, an urgent plea to get move in--quickly would be preferred.

Myrkr. It was a planet of exceptions. Jedi freely went to any planet without reserve, except Myrkr. Most creatures hunted by sight, sound, or semll, except the vornskers of Myrkr. The Force flowed through all living creatures, except the ysalimiri of Myrkr. It was a planet of exceptions.

Through his audio sensors, Panther picked up 3HX and their destination. The planet his processor had been donwloading when they passed by it. Fate or coincidence. Or merely was it a series of numbers put together in the right combination. Thats what everything was.

Panthers optical sensors closed and his CPU began running system checks on everything. His internal computer began reading system information to him.

Twin blaster Right- 90 %

Twin Blaster left-100 %

Optical system-100 %

Motor systems-100 %

Transforming systems-100 %

Targeting systems-98 %

Sonics -50 %

All systems where at their last designated point of use. With a silent command, he increases all systems to 100 %, and his optical sensors open. His "eyes" begin streaming in data on 3HX and his systems. On a sharp heel, Panther turns and strides intot he armory next to the rear of the ship. He begins picking up weapons and analyzing them for use against vornskers, and how they wil be affected by the planets environment.

"Light Repeating Cannon. Slow motor functions

E-11B not strong enough

Clone Rifle------affirmative."

He shoulders the weapon and awaits their landing on Myrkr.

"Weapon systems online."

The Rebel fleet hiding near Artus gets another message. It's heavily encrypted, and goes straight to the Solemn Vow. Renn's image appears via holo.

"Greetings, Vice-Admiral. If you receive this message, odds are that I will not survive to meet you again. If you have received it, I have been captured by the Imperial forces, and cannot deliver my information in person. If you choose to utilize it, that's wonderful. Oh yes, and bring your fleet in to Artus if you do."

A complicated analysis of Artus' defenses follows, including locations of mine fields, turbolaser and ion cannon emplacents, speculations of the make-up of the local snubfighter garrison, and the location of the orbiting Golan II platform.

Forn continued to pace about the Solemn Vow's command bridge...Renn was taking far too long on his mission, and that could mean only one thing. The Empire knew that something was up, and though she doubted that they could know the whole story, it was nonetheless wise to be cautious...and the message that her first officer brought her confirmed this. Her course of action was clear; she would not abandon the assault now, and most certainly not her friend...however, the Empire would be in for a surprise. This could indeed be the opprotunity to bring the Imperial fleet into a finish fight, and as she was ever the adaptable strategist, the Vice-Admiral sent word baco to Hypori, where the full force of the Rebel Alliance starfleet was stationed, ready, willing, and able to do their all for the cause.

The plan was not without risk, however, as if Renn was unable to get away from the prison they were doubtless holding him in, there would be the chance he could be killed in the assault. But with a pang, she remembered that this was how she had died that time...lost in the Battle of Sanity's End. The commander would understand...

So it was that Forn put in the private, secure, highly-encrypted and untraceable comm back to the rest of the fleet gathered at their hidden starbase. Her plan was simple, like all good ones. Her ships were hidden in the gravity shadow of a nearby star, and she would simply wait for the rest of the powerful and well-trained fleet to arrive. She would ender the system...engage the defenses, and bring in the rest of the fleet once the Empire took the bait and showed up with their own ships. This too, held a risk, because if the Empire jammed communications, or worse, brought in an Interdictor cruiser, she would be unable to directly summon them. But there was another way...pre-determination...

Within an hour, everything was ready, and the rest of the powerful Alliance fleet was on the way, taking steps to remain undetected to anyone who might be looking out for them.

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

Darsha changed into a quite-low-back tight fitting black leather suit aboard the Nameless, and neatly arranged her six lightdaggers that she had made some time ago with the other smaller six crystals on the inner side of a jacket -- three on each side, with her lightsber accompanying one side. She threw the jacket on and zipped it up, then clapped her vibroblades to her belt and got a holster for the blaster she'd stolen. She used to be one of the best thieves, and that hadn't changed...much.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

As the Rebel fleet cruised through hyperspace en route to the Galactic capital world, the mood aboard the warships became charged with professional excitement. Everyone aboard, from the Vice-Admiral herself, down to the soldiers, spacers, and technicians that this whole war depended on to carry it out. The journey would be a long one, as the world from whence they came was a remote one, and the crews and Marines passed the time applying the lessons learned from their recent combat experience to improve their future performance. There was no doubt in any of the minds of the men and women of the Alliance fleet that there would be action, and lots of it.

Forn, meanwhile, spent her time going over what she knew of the Imperial defenses. A certain friend of the Alliance had provided her with detailed blueprints of the Coruscant defense grid around the Imperial Palace, along with several other items to aid their chances of success. As the fleet dropped back into realspace to plot another course towards the capital, Forn sent out an encrypted comm to a remote set of co-ordinates.

Two days later, the fleet dropped out of hyperspace once again, this time significantly closer to their goal, to rendezvous with the special ships that had themselves gone through hyperspace to make the meeting. One vessel in particular would be an essential spear in the Alliance's arsenal. Once everything was set, the massed flotila lept into lightspeed once again, and this time, they wouldn't stop until they reached their goal.

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

Would you care for some port, my love? I know that enjoying yourself is forbidden by the Jedi code, but we are in hyperspace, and I promise not to anyone if you misbehave.

::Tzeentch took her hand and held it against his cheek, feeling te softness and warmth of her skin.::

MGw9G2u.jpg