Space

Ary the Grey

"Next, we practice." Sahv replied, knowing full well that it would take Cal many hours of working the moves over and over to become comfortable with Form I.

"You must also gain a sense of when to act - that is, when to block and when to perform the striking move. But, I will add another move to your reportoir."

Sahv took his lightsaber and moved the tip forward in a sudden thrust.

"This 'jab', i'll call it, adds a sense of three-dimensionality to the other movements. You must be aware of all that is around you, as in all things. And with this move, one is forced to do so. Be careful - make sure you have plenty of space to practice, and start puting these moves to a regular practice regiment."

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

On board the ship, in Lycus's quarters his secretary briefed him on the situation. It was not the greatest of reports. In fact it made Lycus even more wary of his movements.

"Engineered?" Lycus said as he sat back in a plush chair. "You say it was created by someone?" Lycus said as he raised his eyes to the image of the Mon Calamari surface. "It was no small feat sir...the virus is unlike any other we have encountered. Its DNA simply doesn't match any known disease." the woman replied.

"Which mean it didn't evolve by a natural process...it was created from scratch, like a designer killing machine. The same process could be used to isolate a population, or a specific gene...",Lycus said as he reviewed the data.

"The doctors say there is no way to copy the virus without knowing the dna seqence used in the original strain. Still they are sure an antivirus could be developed within a few weeks." The secretary said. as she shutoff the holovid. "Keep me updated." Lycus said as he left the room and entered the main concourse of the ship...

thorpe.jpg

"A New Age of Corporate controlled prosperity is upon us...say goodbye to chaos and dischord."

Cel went through to her workbench, taking out a few things to tinker with during the journey. If they were going to Myrkr she had to have some extra weapons handy. She adjusted the settings on her wrist launcher, fitting it to take the new explosives and traquilizer shots. It already was suited for the concussion grenades she had. Next she worked on her vibroblade, fixing up the vibration cell on it and getting it all set to go as well.

A few hours later she had completed what she wanted to do, showered and was resting before they were to arrive at their destination.

fVv9Bjj.jpg

I don't look for trouble... it finds me...

Cal took a step back and made sure that he had plenty of space to move, a hard thing to find in a small ship like the Myddirn. Cal held his saber as he had done previously, with both hands and with the blade in an upright position.

First he tried the jab move that Sahv had used. His wrist twisted and his arms moved forward in an attempt at accurately imitating Sahv's movements. Once again Cal felt that he was not moving as fluidly as desired. Cal's weapon of choice had always been a blaster pistol or his bare hands. The use of a weapon such as a lightsaber was new territory for Cal.

The padawan regained his orginal stance and tried to incorporate all three moves into one fluid motion. First he brought the green blade down in a diaganol slash. He then brought the blade back up into a defensive block, and by twisting his wrist around he was able to move from the block to the jab very quickly.

Cal thought of these exercises as a way of programing his muscles to specific movements. He peroformed them slowly but continuously focusing on correcting each mistake.

As he continued he said, "Well Sahv, I have to say this is a heck of a lot more tedious then just using a blaster, not that I am opposed to it, but how do I use this in an actual fight? I mean, in a fight I can't just perform these moves and expect to win. I will have to react to the actions of my enemy, so how do I encorporate this into an acutal fight?"

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg

Reo nodded casually even as he heard his teachers irritation, then he responded in a calm voice.

There is no need to worry. Numbers are only as efficient as the people who have them, so far in my research the group called the Jedi are the most inefficient of the bunch. They claim to be the protectors of the galaxy and yet they always seem to be under attack. They also fail to help those they say they protect even from minor threats. They aren't going to be a problem. The other group called the Sith I believe are more hidden from the eyes of the public and they tend to be against the Jedi. There are other groups or so I hear but there names have eluded my search. We should probably focus on the other two groups since they are the most blatant in there activities.

I am a Hunter. Those who are witches are my prey. - Witch Hunter Robin

Nostalgic - A bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past.

Requiem - A hymn, composition, or service for the dead.

"You... ask a good question," Sahv replied.

"As I'm sure you've come to know with your time as an Alliance officer, the key to winning a conflict is control. Dominance. The ability to turn the direction your way, or to your enemy's way, as the case may be. Most weapons are geared toward certain aspects of this, but are unable to encompass the full range of required battle strategies, such as attacking, and defending."

Sahv lit his lightsaber and held it in front of him. He stared at the blade before him and spoke...

"This weapon has the potential to do damage, and to prevent it. A blaster can provide long-range offensive moves, but it cannot defend the user. The lightsaber is a more personable weapon; it forces the wielder to become intimate with his enemy, to know preceisely what he is doing and to do it well. The penetrating potential of the blade is strong enough to hold off attackers, be they wielding blasters or swords, or even other lightsabers."

"But our assessment of the other forms of lightsaber combat may answer your initial question of the lightsaber's applicability. We will get to that a little later. For now, you must master Form I, for the other forms rely heavily on its lessons, both obvious and subtle."

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Draken set the ship to jump into hyperspace and head toward Serenno. after the ship had jumped into hyperspace, he began to meditate as he waited.

While he was meditating, Drakens thought went back to Alora. He wondered who she would take as her next apperntice. Reaching out he could feel her presence just floating around. He smiled as he felt it. However his smile disappeared as he felt her come under intense pain.

Draken futher entended his senses to to try to figure out what was happening to her. He threw himself farther into the force and opened his mind completely. The room vanished, and Draken saw an unfamilar planetary scene unfolded before him.

Looking around, he saw what appeared to be many sith and maybe a couple of jedi in battle amongst each other Then his head turned and he saw Alora doing battle with what appeared to be a giant mech.

Draken continued to watch her and saw the mech catch Alora between its hands and squeeze her into a bloody pulp. He felt the bond sever and found himself back in the cockpit of his ship he was breathing hard and a large piece of metal that had been in the doorway had been crushed.

Looking up he noticed a blinking light on the console that told him that the ship was ready to come out of hyperspace. Reaching up, he pulled the lever and the ship entered normal space again

E nomini patri, et Fili e spiritu sancti.

As this XJ3 X-Wing Starfighter sped along towards its preprogrammed destination, Brad pulled out his datapad and the datastick containing the information sent to the Jedi by the Imperials. Inserting the stick into the datapad, he viewed the data listed. It was most likely true, and most likely beneficial, but because of the Imperial origin he decided to not fully trust the information.

With business taken care of, Brad slipped into a Jedi hibernation trance to catch a little rest before reaching Mon Calamari...

WarrenEdit.jpg

Sitting on board the shuttle facing Fynn, Darla silently responded to him.

This galaxy is always in turmoil... I fear danger will be our ever present companion...

Darla began to speak out loud.

"I've never really been up on current events. The past year I have spent so much time with-in myself and on strange worlds. Ive been a stranger to this galaxy and let things pass me by. I'd gotten used to being a guest of Tzeentch and living with Skye. It feels good to be back in action. But, like I said I dont really know where we stand. I mean the Jedi order, the government. I dont even know who's in power. There was a time when I cared, but Ive been so lost."

There was a momentary silence then she continued.

"But Im back now sonone of that matters. I was just hoping that you could fill me in on whats been happening of late. I sense great disturbances in the force. I may not have told you, but I have visions. They are usually brief, happen when Im least expecting them and I have very little control over them. There usually connected to someone Im close to. I had one about you before I came to save you on Coruscant... Ive felt Skye, she's in great danger...and I fear that she it is beyond our powers to save her."

A far away look came over Darla's face briefly.

"We need to focus on the mission and worry about Skye later. So give me the low down, whats the situation? Who are we fighting?"

Rannrsig.jpg

>> Nickolaus smiled and nodded his head.

Now what of this person we are supposed to be hooking up with? I trust they can hold their own and will not need baby sitting so to speak on our journey.

Nickolaus took a sip of his water then put the glass down.

Before I forget tell me more of the Sith... they seem to be the more interesting of the abusers... you make the others sound so easy to covert.

Nickolaus stood to strech his legs and arms for a moment as he listened to the response.

Kill them all let God sort them out.

For a moment, Fynn paused letting Darla's words play against his thoughts, she had changed. The news of Darla's visions were troubling, either she was seeing the past or the present or far worse...the future. If Master Skye was endanger, then that would mean the 'protection' Tzeentch had offered her had ended. Or perhaps she had fallen out of favor with the selfproclaimed god. She was right about one thing though, the forces they faced were daunting, and seemed on the surface to dwarf them.

"The galaxy is as confused as ever. The republic is still recovering from Fausts suprise attack on Coruscant, Master Ara may be stepping back from her leadership role, and the sith have been unusually quiet, this is a relief, at least thier will be some measure of peace for a while." Fynn said as he recalled his narrow victory of Johnskywalker. The sith had been beaten back, but only after much sacrifice.

"There have been numerous reports on the condition of Mon Calamari. The consensus so far is that its some sort of viral form of algae. This in itself isn't disturbing, the problem is that such virulent lifeforms don't exist on Mon Calamari. Some point to the Quarren and a terrrorist organization within thier ranks, however the Quarren community rejects this, and claims it is being set up. We need to do an independent check of the findings ourselves, and report back to the Council."

Fynn said this and then stood leaning against a bulkhead, and peered out a side viewport of the hypnotic hyperspace field. "As far as Master Skye is concerned, were going to have to be patient, she is a jedi master after all, she can handle herself. If Tzeentch has the powers that he claims, then we are powerless to interfere. I don't like that idea, but we have to be realistic." Fynn said as he clenched a fist and tapped his thigh.

Turning back to Nivana, he smiled. "Don't worry Nivana, I know this can all be a bit confusing, all of this will be explained in time, for know why don't you go into the next compartment and practice your mental excercises. I need you to be alert when we get to Mon Calamari."

As she left, Fynn continued the discussion in private. "A mynock doesnt fight a bantha, without first finding weakspot. If the chaos gods are behind her dissappearence, then this symbolizes a dangerous trend. It means the Chaos gods may not be as altrustic as we have been led to believe. For now we have to be patient, and simply observe what we can. As far as the visions..." Fynn paused as he gazed into Darla's eyes. He was at a complete loss for words. He got lost in her eyes for just a second. Shaking his head he continued. "You should be advising me Darla..." Fynn put his hands on his hips. "Don't despair, you have no way of knowing if your visions will come true, so try to let them pass, dreams and visions leave with time." He knew the advice was woefully to little, but what could he say, Darla was a different jedi then he had ever met.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

Darla listened intently. It seemed that however much the galaxy changed it always stayed the same. There was always turmoil between the light and the dark. The Sith and the Jedi. The Republic and the Empire.

"Nothing ever really changes does it. Who would try to frame the Quarren? The Quarren and the Calarmarians have co-exsisted peacefully, I dont think the Quarren would have made a biological weapon...It's very out of character. But what would be achieved by causing trouble on Mon Calamari? Perhaps this is a distraction from something bigger that's going on..."

For a few moments Darla thought about what she had just said, pondering all the possibilities. She wished that she had been more in touch with the goings on in the galaxy. At least she had Fynn with her, she couldnt think of a better Jedi to be by her side as she headed into the brewing storm.

"I don't think theres anything that we can do to help Skye... I have a feeling that whatever is going to happen is well underway now. Lets just hope the force sees fit to bring her back to us. Im not worried about the visions, Ive learnt to think of them as blessings from the force. They began after I had learnt how to heal, it was as if as my compassion for others grew my empathy started to reach out...I could feel what others were feeling, especially those I was close to. "

The Shuttle dropped out of hyperspace and Darla stood up to join Fyyn by the viewport. The planet before them looked like a beautiful blue orb floating in void. Darla found it hard to believe that almost the entire planet was made up of water.

"It's beautiful inst it? Have you ever been down there? I'm not sure if I have...Some of memories from before the cloning are hazy."

Rannrsig.jpg

kautra looked to the pile of scrap metal, and the tangle of wires laying on the floor of the ship. He looked to his master, but he had already left to his chambers. Kautra walked to the pile, and began rummaging through it.

He found in there a bunch of wires, chunks of metal, some power cells, comuter boards, knobs, switches, and toggles. He dug deeper, and came across some power power cores, some core shielding, He was even lucky enough to pick up some energizing rods, and a tapping pin. He came arcoss some strips of metal, the could easily be bent, or twisted.

He took all his supplies and began looking at them, figuring the size, and shape of his light saber. A picture was beggining to form in his mind, The picture was of a double sided light saber, beauifuly cracted, and made to fit him.

The memory of how to make the light sabercreeped back into his mind, as he looked at the potential of the scrap infront of him. The force began speaking to him again, giving information on the task at hand.

He began his creation of his new light saber.

A blue ETA-2 Actis Interceptor drops out of hyperspace and detaches from it's hyperdrive ring. It sends out a message to all ships within range. Attention all ships. If you are interested in a little dogfight, come over here and we will begin.

Empire.jpgEmpire.jpgEmpire.jpg

Proud member of the J.net Addicts Club since April 2006

Proud Owner of...no one

Barreks ship pulled out of hyperspace and he awaoke. He lokked around trying to figure out why and how he got into this ship. He looked down and saw a small holocron near his feet, he touched it and it then started showing a holo of him being blown up by a Ewok with a thermal dentonater, the holo countied showing Ewoks coming out of the forest to inspect his body a Jedi followed them. They talked and told the Jedi they'd need more credits for the next job, the holo then cut's off. Barrek thinks for a moment why would the jedi want be workingwith Ewoks, he knew the jedi had no care for politics but barrek thought maybe thy don't want to insert them selves into galactic goverment but atcually destroy it and then rule in it's place. He'd need to head back to Corscant and find out what was going on. He activated the hyperdrive and headed towards Coruscant.

In Soviet Russia, God worship you!

Actually I know very little. They apparently just swarm out and cause mass damage and rarely stay in the limelight for very long.

He paused and glanced over to the console, a flash had emitted from the comm. system. When he turned back he had a smile on his face.

Our brother is waiting for our arrival, let's not keep him waiting. To the Last Call.

Stars blurred into long streaks all around as the ship leaped toward Coruscant.

I am a Hunter. Those who are witches are my prey. - Witch Hunter Robin

Nostalgic - A bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past.

Requiem - A hymn, composition, or service for the dead.

Kautra wa sburied deep into the creation of this weapon of his, constantly putting a wire here, and clamping something there. He would finish putting it together, and stand it up, only to turn it on, and have nothing happen. Kautra kept cool, he never got angry at the fact that all his attempts were futile, but rather, calmed down after every mistake. For he had now found the 101 ways as to not build a light saber.

But had not found the way to make one. so he kept trying, and failing, and trying, and failing, and kept trying again.

((OOC:By the way, Nespis 8 is a hiden planet, so you should know nothing about it, hardley any one knows about it, so...))

IC:The Lenra Entered space as the pilot returned controll to his droid, he walked back and sat down infront of Evadne.

*My Name is Yoshiba, you will can me master. With me, you will learn how to use your anger against your opponient, you will learn how to use the force to gain power. You will respect me, or you will die, for every mistake you make, you will be punished. Your training will end, when i say it ends.* Yoshiba was being nice, but only for now, he did not want the poor girl to have a heart attack...at least not right now.

As her new master, Yoshiba, told her about how it was going to be, She just stared at him. She did not fear pain, and she didn't necessarily fear Yoshiba, But she knew that was almost certainly going to change.

Evadne got very bored on their way to Nespis 8, so she just went to upgrading her guns if she could find some extra parts. Getting up she started to look for some...

s83493495.jpg

Yoshiba was becomming angry at Evadne, for through his explaniation of her future, she seemed to tone him out, and not pay too much attention to his words. When he was finshed talking to her, she simply stood up, and started rummaging around the ship. This set Yoshiba off.

He stood up from his seat, and spun around. He gripped her with the force, and squeezed her tightly, throwing her body to the ground. Watching her frail body smash into the ground, it made him understand the power of his position, he knew why his old master had been so joyed in doing the same to him. The utter controll of a human, there was no equal to the power rush.

*WHO SAID YOU COULD SEARCH MY SHIP* He shouted at her, *You must ask before doing any thing now.* The words erupted from his mouth with the utmost intensity. He pressed her head into the the floor of his ship, while she layed in the kowtow postion. A smile of pleasure drifted across hia face.

He held her head there untill he heard he speak.

The droid at the controlls communicated that they were approaching Nespis 8. Yoshiba looked to the droid, and told it to hold orbit above the planet, untill he said otherwise.

With a grunt, Evadne pulled herself up. " I am sorry If I angered you, master, but I was not searching your ship. I was just looking for extra parts for my gun." She sat back down. She now knew her master had a temper, that was for sure. Evadne really hoped that there was a settlement on Nespis 8, for she was going to need a pain killer in the morning. Blowing some hair out of her face, she made do with what parts she had, wich was not much.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw her master, probably still angry, sit back in his seat. 'Well, he's Definitely in control,' she thought.' and he's definitely got my respect.' she looked back at her blaster as she cut her finger on a sharp peice of the pistol, so she began to suck on that finger. It was going to be a long wait for that pain Killer.

s83493495.jpg

Yoshiba took his seat next to the Droid at the controlls. He commanded the droid to drop orbit, and land on Nespis 8.

The droid gave its usall respons of Roger, Roger Yoshiba began his landing sequence as the entered the atomosphere.

((OOC: Okay, were now going to post in the Nespis 8 thread. post one more here, and then there k?=P))

Kautra had maintained his calmness throught the entire strain of the building process. He was successful in making the light saber work for a period of 2 seconds, which meant that he was getting somwhere. The saber part of the weapon, worked, but quickly dispersed the longer it was activated. Apon taking it apart, Kautra found the source of the problem...I was wrong. but not as wrong as the first attempt. He put his head down, and got back to work.

The picture in his head was not spicific as he'd have hoped, but it was detailed enough for him to understand the concept. He closed his eyes, and allowed the the force to guide his hands, while putting it together. His hands were moving slowly, yet surley. Attaching wires with the force, melding the wires together with the intense heat that could be generated by combinding the force, and his hands. The heat created, never once burned his hands, and for every cut he recived, the force in his hands would almost instantly heal it. It was a beautiful thing infact.

Kautra was hard at work for hours, trial and error, were what he knew best, it seemed to be working so far, and it eventually paid off. It had been his 317 attempt at having it work, he was counting, for it gave his mind something to foucus on, while the force guided his hands, and eyes.

The picture in his head, matched the circuitry infront of him. The picture was exact, almost poetic he thought to himself. He put the top of the hilt over the circuriry, and clamped it down. Attached the switch, and activated it. He did not get excited right away, for he did not know if the blade would last. It continued, 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30, 40, 50, 1 minute. This was where it usally would deactivate, and he'd have to begin again, but, it lasted, 2 minutes, 3, 4, then 5. Kautra hopes were high now. He switched it off, and reactivated it, only to have it work perfectly, he time and energy had paid off, his Lightsaber was complete.

The blade was a beatuiful orange glow, he fif not know why it was orange, but it seemed to suit him perfectly. Maybe the force made it orange, to compliment his energy putforth. It made it unique, diffrent, maybe special. Unlikley, but Kautra liked the idea of a special Lightsaber. The hilt was nothing to be desiered though, it was simply a 8 inch durasteel tube, nothing but that, and a switch, and a knob. Kautra began taking strips of durasteel, and placing them over the hilt, just to see how they fit. Once he found somethng he liked, he would use the force to meld the strip to the hilt. Maybe overlaying 3 or more strips over one another, to get a sence of depth in his hilt. He created a wavy pattern on the hilt, usng the force to cut pieces of the durasteel in this fasion.

The bottom of the hilt contained the wavy pattern, while around the middle there was a more ridged, and angular pattern that went along th perimitar of the hilt, The lightsaber was becomming more unique to Kautra now. It was becommign his.

When he was finished fasioning the hilt, Kautra began playing with it a little, but not too much to destroy the ship around him, he like the feeling of slicing through pieces of scrap metal with his lightsaber. He deactivated the blade and rested it infron of him.

He went into deep meditation, where he saw his ligthsaber sitting infront of him, with the force spinning around the both of them. The vision was clear as day, as if it were happening right there. The force was portrayed as a light blue mist, with white splotches. The force began to stir faster and faster, blowing against Kautras skin, which he could feel, the force began to pour into both him and his lightsaber, activating it in his vision. Making it look as if it were being controlled by the force.

Kautra did not dare open his eyes, he knew there was a significanse to this vision, and he was not about to loose it. The Force played around with the light saber, and his body. Pushing them both around playfully. When the playing susided, everything was calm, and Kuatra could hear the force wosper into his ear.

*you are one with the force, and it is one with you, just as you are one with this weapon of choice, as it is one with you.*

As these words were said, the vision in his head portrayed the lightsaber moving closer to his body, and ultimatly merging with his soul, the weapon, and Kautra were just extensions of the other now. The other just a limb, of the first. Just as the Force was of every thing else, connecting everything together. The vision sudsided, and Kautra opened his eyes, gazing apon his newly endowed lightsaber. Kautra felt very tired after the vision, for much had happened to him, the hours he had put into building the light saber, had drained him physically, and the vision drained him mentaly. He fell asleep withhis head resting next to his lightsaber.