Space

Ary the Grey

Sensing the discomfort coming from her padawan, Skye rested a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't feel bad about asking questions Fynn. If there's something you wish to know, just ask. How about we head into the hold for some training. Maybe a sparring match. We'll get Darla in on it too"

She winked at him, rising to her feet in a fluid movement before heading to the hold. Darla... we're going to have a sparring session in the hold if you wish to join us...

Arriving in the hold, Skye went over to one of the various storage lockers that abounded around the hold, opening it and grabbing out three bamboo poles. One she placed on the wall, she kept one herself and the third she gave to Fynn.

"You'll have to wait for Darla for a more... contact orientated match, but we can run through the basic's until she joins us."

She stood in a casual stance, waiting for Fynn to make a move.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

The Crash Wildfire headed into the space above Cardia, carrying two heavily trained Masters and one all too determined Padawan.

zane35aw.jpg

Sig courtesy of Kayla Mhin, Ex-Jnetter

"I find your lack of pants disturbing"

you're the only one for me, Zane

Zane, ...you blow my...mind

"I should have figured that you weren't going to let it rest. I wasn't looking forward to talking about that." Nevertheless, Armiena plopped her boots up onto a bare section of the control boards, and began talking.

"As I told you, that man was Keiran Valoria. He was a Jedi Knight, at least until he decided to betray us. What he is now... I have no idea. In fact, I'm still trying to piece together exactly what happened to him.

"Valoria's betrayal was a public humiliation. Somehow... there were two of him at the Galactic Senate--one was a clone, one was the real Keiran. The clone," Armiena's expression darkened as she remembered the Holonet transmission sent by the clone Valoria. "Effectively denounced the Jedi. He accused us of terrorism, and that we were responsible for a whole slew of crimes that I won't bother repeating. Meanwhile, the real Keiran exposed the clone... then promptly entered the Senate to attack Master Dhan-Jaroe Kenobi.

"The timing... could not have been worse." The Jedi Knight sighed and fidgeted with the obsidian pendant hanging from her neck. "With all of the plot twists, every citizen on Coruscant--no, every citizen on the Holonet--would have been watching the debacle. I fear that we still haven't repaired the damage."

"Soon after, Keiran divulged the location of two of our bases. Just as we caught word of his actions and evacuated Tempay, an Imperial probe droid was detected in the atmosphere. It was a very close call."

She frowned and watched the endless tunnel of hyperspace pass by the transparisteel canopy. "Still, there are more layers to the story than just what I know, and I absolutely hate that feeling."

drayyy.png

Shawn looked to his master, she had the most terrible expression on her face. He knew he had brought up some bad times, and he would never do so again.

"I am sorry, I was thinking only of myself interest when I asked that. I won't bring him up again."

He looked at the medallion she was carrying, it was near pitch black, and it reflected the light. He didn't know what kind of stone it was but it must have been very important to her. He switched his look to the view in front of them, the streams of light flying by.

"Master Armiena, when will we arrive... to whatever it is we are going?"

Sahv tapped the comm button on the wall.

"Dashel, I'll meet you there."

Sahv walked out of the cockpit after having put the ship in a mode so sensitive to outside influence that many bells and whistled would rage should anything occur that the two men would need to know about. The ship was a safe one. Sahv travelled through a corridor to the room where Dashel Illioni was sitting on a hard sofa.

"Hey, thanks for preparing my pack. It seems that we are being well taken care of here, what with those suits you found."

Sahv took a seat at the table, and sat up straight.

"What with my recent activities, I have felt like I needed to do some meditation, or at least something quiet and relaxing. For once, I'd like to experience the Force without lifting something. Perhaps I can explore my mind to its limit... try to see excercise my sensory perceptions."

Sahv Yorr sat trying to explore the space around him with his mind's eye.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Fynn approached slowly, keeping the traning bamboo out in front of him. Mistress Skye seemed very serene for a women about to engage in a fight, even a fake one. Fynn had done a lot of practice on his own, but that was with targets, or his imagination, it was very different to see an opponent staring back at him.

Fynn breathed slowly, and struck when he got close enough, Skye blocked his strike easily, and Fynn had to pull back to regain his balance. Mistress Skye bade he come again and Fynn didn't delay, and came at his master again, he made several careful strikes to see how hi master responded to each move. Her defense was solid, and the best Fynn could do was try to avoid losing his balance again. He fell back, and swung hard , trying to make Skye go on the defensive again. For a moment, he felt that the wise Mistress had fell for it.

The two circled each other, and Fynn struck again and again, this time he made several quick strikes with the training bamboo, and then swung low trying to disarm his master. Skye saw his ploy, and quickly ended his strategy by blocking low and sweeping her leg under Fynns'.

Fynn fell in heap and was stunned for a moment, he got up quickly and rubbed the back of his head. Mistress Skye made sure he was alright. "I'm fine, I guess I have to learn to anticipate moves like that." He said with a smirk.

Edited by Guest

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

The ship hurtled through space, Trowa had no idea where too. "I am going to get a quick nap, wake me if you need anything Master." Trowa walked out and found a bunk, tossing his gear onto the floor he layed down and dropped into blissful sleep.

He sat, everything black all around him. He thought of life as he knew it before everything went bad.

It all started to sink in”¦and he realized how much”¦how much it all, how it all hurt him so badly”¦so deeply. It was like a knife cutting into his flesh, drawing out his crimson fluids.

He opened his eyes. The light was bright, it burned his eyes it. It made his body flinch. The cold was creeping through his spine. The sun shone through the water. He was so close to the surface”¦but he couldn't reach it. He could see it, he could see it all.

He struggled in the water, trying to claw his way out. The water slipped through his fingers as he failed horribly. His mind was racing.

”œWhy am I? What is this? What is happening to me? Am I going crazy? Am I already? Why can't I make it? I'm so close”¦why?”

Carnage.jpg

Having leaned back in the cockpit chair, and simply closed his eyes, nahstaa had decided that perhaps the boys sleep would give him some hold on his mind, and aid with the boys teaching. What he found wasnt quite what he expected.

This boy seems to constantly reflect me... Shaking his head gently, he was reminded of his own nightmares, the cold rushing water... For years he had felt like he was constantly drowning, and it seemed his apprentice shared this... Perhaps there was more that he could teach this boy than he would teach another apprentice...

When the boy finally awoke, nahstaa was standing at the door. He said

"Sometimes its easier to let the nightmares pass through you, and to pull yourself back from it, view it from a distance if you will. Sometimes that provides a better view of whats wrong, and occasionally how to fix it. It also lets you control what emotions you feel, to the point where you can channel everything into hate and rage. No one can teach you this, its just something you will have to figure out on your own."

Nahstaa-1.jpg

Reverend of the Lords of Hate sep' 05, Destroyer of armies.

Trowa glanced up at the man in the door way. His eyes that same dull Jade they had always been, that same dull jade he had just seen in his dream”¦or nightmare most would say.

"Sometimes its easier to let the nightmares pass through you.”

Carnage.jpg

When he was hit by the power of his force vision, Dashel was prepared for it. All the work to clear his mind of worry and to relax his physical self, allowed hum to focus on what and where the force was guiding him without trying to impose his will on it. He drifted with the force, giving himself to it, and he found the crystals he was looking for.

The first crystal was rough hewn. It would need extensive work. A hint of its final coloring, the deep green of the ocean, peered thourgh the surrounding matrix. It pulsed in time to his heart, calling to him through the vastness of space. His spirit entered the crystal, sufusing (sp?) it with life giving energy, allowing the crystal to melt away the ice covering that had hidden it for a millenia. There were other presences there, but Dashel did not have time to study them, save to find that one was a being of good, while the other was a fell guardian. Dashel knew that he had to overcome this being. Then the force swept him outward, moving him away from Ilum.

For a short time, all was blackness, then he became aware. The room was hazy, beyond his expectation. It was warm, the air close and stagnant with the sweat of many unwashed bodies. Through the dense mist, a feminine being colored in a radiant yellow approached him. She carried the second set of crystals, colored the deep orange of a fallen autumn leaf and already completed. Again, he sensed two presences, one good and one different. He lacked the experience to say why or how.

When he awoke from his meditations, Dashel was dazed, and suprised. He had expected to awaken with but mere moments having passed as usual. Instead, he was suprised to discover that they were but a few hours from exitting hyperspace near Ilum. Briefly, he though about his vision, and decided that he would ask Sahv to help him recover the first set of crystals. He felt sure the good presence he had felt would be his fellow padawan. As for the fell one, it would wait until they arrived at the caves.

The second stones were after Ilum, that much Dashel knew. He just didnot when or where he would find them. The force had apprarently decided to egnimatic and vague. He wondered if the force reflected the jedi or the jedi reflected the force.

((Fynn - you have to be careful not to post your opponant's actions, especially in a duel/spar ))

Skye watched as Fynn stood again,

"Careful there padawan, you start anticipating moves I can change part way through and throw you further. You are also forgetting that you can use the force to help your movements during a duel."

She backed off slightly, still quite confident that the child within her wouldn't be harmed by her activities and demonstrated another move. She rushed at him, the bamboo pole ready to strike. Pole struck pole before she leapt over him, using the force she had gathered to her to leap, landing behind him lightly, spinning then striking at his legs upon landing.

"You need to remember to use the Force. It is all around you, don't be afraid to let it use you, let it flow through you freely. When we get to the Dojo you will be helping me with the hopefuls with some of the lessons so if you have anything you need to know the basic's of, let me know now. The main classes I will hold will be regarding healing. I will also teach you how to use what's known as Force Blast. I was taught this early in my training and found that it came in handy very soon after I'd learnt it. The sith and the empire attacked the jedi academy on Hoth and I was among the hopefuls there that were led to the safety of a secret hanger. I encountered three sith lords in that battle, one of which, later, turned away from the sith and became a Jedi."

She fell silent, waiting for Fynn to respond.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

The slender figure of Darla stood, clad in black, her hair still loose and covering her face, against the entrance to the Destiny's hold. Silently she watched the end of Skye and Fynn's sparring match before she made her entrance. It was interesting to hear about Skye's past, reminding her of her own beginnings as a Jedi.

I could have been her, in another lifetime...If things had gone differently...If I hadnt died...

Silently Darla entered, a graceful spectre. Only the faintest of footsteps anounced her entrance.

Remember to take it easy...This is a training match...

A sharp exhalation from Darla made hr presence known to the others, if they had already noticed her. She brushed back her hair away from her eyes so she could see clearly.

"Im here to help." She said looking at Skye,suddenly seeming her normal self again and not the ghost of a jedi girl. "I'll need you to give the directions as Im new to this whole training business. Just think of me as your arms and your legs."

A wicked grin crossed Darla's face.

Rannrsig.jpg

Grinning, he said

"You wouldnt know the name of that jedi... Might even be one of my old friends sabers. As for your training, if you can figure out how to beat those nightmares, anything I teach you will simply be a slight alteration of that skill. Anyway, there is only a few minutes left until we reach coruscant, so i doubt we would have time for such a piece of training. If a certain bond of mine is correct, i think that the time on coruscant will be an education in itself. We shall see."

Heading up to the cockpit, he set up the hyperdrive computer to take the ship into sublight speed automatically when they reached coruscant. Closing his eyes, he stretched out with the force, and sent a quearying feeling down the force bond to his sister, along with a picture of the last call, and an idea of a meeting. If his guess was right, she was heading to coruscant herself.

Nahstaa-1.jpg

Reverend of the Lords of Hate sep' 05, Destroyer of armies.

Sahv Yorr sat in the room with Dashel, reflecting on the Force. He could feel lots of energy in the room. A considerable amount of it emanated from Dashel himself. Sahv could sense the space around him - not just his immediate surroundings but the exterior of the ship, barely. He felt the hum of the engines... its oscillating sense of continuity, as well as the pressure of the cabin, whose delicate work kept the two men safe as they traveled through space.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

While waiting for Sahv, Dashel busied himself among the ship's cockpit, checking and rechecking the instrumentaion for any flutter in the ship's drive. He smiled after a short while, knowing that he was a fool for doing so. The ship might be old, but its owner had maintained constant vigilance over its systems and they worked as good as new, probably better if he was not mistaken. He sighed, jealous, and hoped that he could do as well for his ship.

Eventually, he drifted off to a semi-conscious state. It was in this state that he got his first taste of being connected with the force. He wasn't trying to survive, pass a test, or prepare for a future. The effect was exhilarating. Dashel could feel Sahv's gentle presence and felt a bit of envy for the more experienced padawan. Sahv's presence in the force was solid, yet light and flowed outward with the force. For a moment, Dashel observed the older padawan than tried to imitate his style of submersion. Dashel thought he was on the verge when a klaxon sounded, letting them know they had entered the Ilum system.

<> Ilum, here we come. First post there is yours! <>

Armiena began to slouch in her seat, and blinked slowly. The Jedi Knight placed a hand in front of her mouth as she yawned. "Sorry--that's not from talking to you. Watching hyperspace always makes me a bit drowsy." She shook herself awake.

"And there's no need to apologize, Shawn. You were merely curious. It's just that," her left hand was making the pendant dance, splashing light all over the front of her robes.. "Treason is one of those crimes that is extremely difficult to forgive. You think that you know who you can trust, that everything is working well... than all the rules change on you, and you're lost and alone.

"You go through a lot of self-doubt, and wonder..." she paused, searching for words. "You wonder what would have happened if you had taken if a different path, if everything you've done was a mistake."

Armiena suddenly fell silent, and simply stared into hyperspace. For a long time, her eyes and thoughts were clearly light-years away, probably dwelling on some distant past.

"We'll be arriving at Naboo soon. I've done my research, and I found a great location in the Lake Country to have your basic training."

((And, no, this has absolutely nothing to do with Keiran. I had this planned out long before he even came back to the RP.))

drayyy.png

Shawn continued to stare into hyperspace, he knew that his master was too. He was suprised she had unveiled their destination, but he was comforted knowing they weren't heading to some far corner of the galaxy to continue training.

"I hear Naboo is quite beautiful..especially this time of year. I think it will be a great place to train without any disruption. I guess thats probably why you chose it."

Shawn looked to his master, especially the eyes, he figured she was remembering the past but there was no way he could tell for sure.

"You know..you couldn't have known he was going to do that, nobody could have. You shouldn't second guess your actions, not that I am one to talk.."

He knew from memory he had second guessed himself more than once, and he should not preach things he does not practice all too often. But he hoped it would bring her previous happy attitude back, he was beginning to miss it. This Keiran person must have really scarred the Jedi when he turned... I have never seen a single person seem to upset an entire hangar full of Jedi...

Just then the Jolian Tru burst from hyperspace a short distance from Naboo, and Shawn got up from the pilot's seat.

"Well...we are here. Here are the controls so you can guide us in."

Cal woke up in the crew's dormitory on the frieghter. He had taken a nap thinking that he wouldn't be needed until his crew reached Mykr. He figured they had to be close to arriving and figured he would go see how Suluric and Florndin were doing in the cockpit. As he walked in he checked the navigation charts and realized that his assumptions were correct they were close to coming out of hyperspace.

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg

Skye turned around, smiling warmly in greeting to Darla,

"Any help will be appreciated." She touched her abdomen, "It won't be long before this little one makes things difficult for me to move. At least he's not causing me morning sickness any longer like he was before."

She motioned for Darla to continue sparring with Fynn,

"How about running him through some of the different moves and showing him how to incorporate force techniques? Or we could demonstrate with a friendly sparring match and have Fynn observe."

She paused to see what the pair thought of the idea. A familiar touch entered her mind as she felt her brother's presense after such a long absense. The picture of the Last Call came to her so she returned the feeling showing she agreed.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Darla thought about the options.

"I can't really remember my jedi,training...it was so long ago and very informal. I fight mostly by instinct....and some of the force powers incorporate into battle are things Fynn probably doesnt want to be taught..."

Darla had images of her last battle, knocking aside angry mob members, severing limbs and vowing to make the killing stroke if any of the brainwashed citizens of Coruscant came an inch closer.

"I guess following your instincts and listening to what the force tells you is something I could teach. Of course I can teach combat in my own fashion, but it wouldnt be anything jedi. Perhaps the two of us could sparr, I can be the Sith, you be the Jedi. Sabers? or Bamboo?"

She smiled at Skye, a little bit worried about fighting her friend in her current state but sure that if Skye was willing to sparr then she was still fit to do so. Darla remembered the last duel she'd had with a friend....

Alora

It had been firce and both had been terribly wounded. But Darla had refused to slay the woman who had been her only friend among the sith and Alora did likewise...

I wonder where she is? did the Darkside consume her? or does she still fight its call?

Rannrsig.jpg

"A gentle sparring match, not full on. I don't want to harm junior here", again she patted her abdomen. "I think bamboo poles will be fine."

She readied herself also sending a silent message to Darla that instead of hitting body parts they stop short and just 'tap' each other. Just enough to give Fynn an idea of what skills can be incorporated without having any harm done.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Darla picked up one of the bamboo stick and swung it about lightly to get a feel for the weight of it. Then she stood ready to begain. She turned to Fynn and spoke.

"Ok, Ill be playing the role of a Sithlord." Darla grinned to herslef."Ill be using the bamboo in the same why a Sith would use a Saber. Jedi code dictates that a jedi should fight in defense, never attack." As the words came out her mouth Darla realised how redundant what she was saying sounded to her. "ill be the attacker and Skye will defend. we'll atek it slow to begain with, just watch our movements and then as we progress we'll show you how you can incorporate force moves into combat."

Darla looked at Skye and raised an eyebrow, ready?

She then began slow gracefully attacks giving Skye plenty of time to respond properly. Just so that they could get into the swing of things. Darla kept up a steady pace of gentle attacks waiting fo Skye to demonstrate to Fynn what he could do against such attacks if they were at full lethal speeds.

Rannrsig.jpg

Skye nodded to Darla, moving to the defensive position and keeping her movements steady and smooth, letting the force guide her movements and leaving the bond open to Fynn so he could see exactly what she was doing through the force as well, how she was reading her opponant's moves and how she was reacting to each of them.

"Each movement can be seen through the Force before it happens. You adjust your reactions accordingly."

Bamboo poles clashed as she swung the pole to block Darla's move, her feet in motion, her body movements fluid as a dancer's. She used the force to 'push' Darla back from her - again only with gentle force not aggressive - and readied herself again for the next attack.

"You will find that alot of Jedi do use attack rather than defense. Being a healer I prefer not to harm my opponant if I can avoid it."

She moved into a flurry of movements with the pole, as a demonstration of the forms she had mastered. She used both the forms III and IV.

"There are also other combat forms, Tares has taught me the first stages from the Children of Silence movements of the Snake, which is defensive also." I must get him to teach me more of that style too when I see him next...

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Fynn watched carefully as his master demonstrated with Darla. He took careful note of how Darla attacked. Careful, methodical, they were not the frenzied impotent attacks he had been making against his master, rather these were sophisticated moves, guided more by the force then by the mind.

Each movement was fluid and natural, and the moves were not forced. Fynn sighed breathlessly, he was unsure that he would ever gain the sort abilities Skye had shown with a blade. Nevertheless he stepped forward ready to try again. It only be with patience that he would ever learn, and Fynn knew he had to persevere to ever attain such skill

"I'll try again, if it is alright master." Fynn said after taking a deep breath, he picked up the rod and approached. This time he would use the force in his movements, it would guide his actions, and he would use it to enhance his movements rather then compliment them.

Skye stepped back and motioned for Fynn to spar with Darla. She would observe now and give him pointers both verbally and through the Force.

"It all comes with practice and time Fynn. You will gain the skills with time, just be patient and practice the skills. It will come to you, let the Force flow freely and guide your movements. Don't fight it, just go with it."

She sat down on one of the crates within the hold to watch them this time, resting a hand upon the child she carried. Skye and Tzeentch would have to make time to discuss names one of these days, they had been to distracted last time they had spent time together to come up with one for little junior Chi-en.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Drawing the force to her and creating a cloak around her physical fom Darla becamea blur of motion. Seconds later in Darla's place there appeared to a Sith Lord in ancient armour. In is hands a blazing red saber. The illusion was a simple mind trick, the saber just a bamboo pole.

The image that appeared before Fynn was terrifying. Dark long cape tattered and blowing in an un-natural breeze. Obsidion black amour covering most of the sith body with patches of necrotic flesh appearing where the armour was broken.

"Dont trust your eyes they can decieve you and dont be afraid." Darlahoped the the test would be more helpful than terrifying. "Now defend yourself.'

The illusionary sith Lord around Darla began attacking with what seemed like deadly blows. They came in fast sucession aimed at various and vital parts of Fynns' body. The blows where far from what they apeared and Fynn failed to block then they would cause no damamge only a mere sting.

But to Fynn the sith Lord appeared as real as anything in the room and it would be his ability to look beyond the vision his eyes gave him that would be tested in this trial.

((OOC: I wont be online till the weekend after this post. I give Skye permission to post Darlas' actions if she wishes to take the duel any further,if not then Darla will stop the illusion after Fynn's reaction post then remain present onboard the Destiny's Dream going about her everyday business.))

Rannrsig.jpg

"Dont trust your eyes they can decieve you and dont be afraid. Now defend yourself.

Fynn watched Darla transform from a friendly Jedi knight, into a vicious sith warrior. He felt a rush of adrenaline, and a feeling of urgency. Darla was no more, replaced by a warrior of unknown attacked, and without mercy. Fynn fended each blow as best he could but, some were simply to strong for him. He nearly lost his balance and as The sith struck at him again Fynn flipped backwards landing softly and precisely. Darla or the Sith, Fynn was unsure what had happened, seemed to pause, either pleased with Fynn's move, or angered by it.

It circled Fynn and then continued the onslaught. Fynn fended the blows off once more, but his defense was failing. Darla's moves were too quick and even using the force Fynn couldn't anticipate them as he could a blaster, as Mistress Skye had predicted.

Darla delivered a kick to Fynns stomach, but Fynn turned in time to meet the blade that, if real, would have split him in two. He pushed the blade back, and in a quick move that he had seen Skye perform he leaped over Darla trying to get to her weak side. The jump was perfectly executed and had Darla been slower, or had not been a student of Skye herself she would have been unprepared. As it was she met Fynn with a flurry of strikes, and he backpedaled in a halfly performed reatreat.

Dauntless Fynn stayed at it, holding as best he could. In a move that even Fynn was unsure he could perform, Fynn blocked high and then low, locking his training rod with the blood red blade. Darla struggled to hold her saber upright, and then with a move of expierence she rotated the locking manuver to loosen it. Seeing this move Fynn disengaged ducking away from a strike meant to injure him.

Fynn managed to strike Darla back, using a quick move to hit Darla in the ribs. But before he could move away to capitalize Darla brought the saber to Fynn's neck. The vision faded, and instead of the cold remorseless sith, Fynn could see the face of Darla once more.

"Thats' one impressive trick, " Fynn said gasping for breath. Darla lowered the training rod, it appeared as if she unsure wether to continue or not. "I wasn't aware the force could do that..." Fynn said with a puzzeled look at his master.

Edited by Guest

As the illusion vanished, Skye stood and moved to Fynn's side.

"The Force can be used in alot of ways, deception being only one of them. With training we will teach you to 'see through' illusions so that you won't be fooled by them. Mind tricks can be useful and can also be used in conjunction with other applications of the force. In a riot situation, if you use empathy as well as a broad mind trick you can help to settle the crowd down."

The beeping of the control panel sounded throughout the ship, warning them that it was about time to exit from hyperspace.

"We'll head to the Last Call. I need to meet someone there."

She headed to the cockpit and slipped into the pilots chair while Fynn and Darla strapped in elsewhere in the ship. Skye then hit the lever that brought them out and above Coruscant. From up here the damage was still visible but there were major signs of reconstruction. She could see the Jedi Temple as they passed over it, finding it very inspirational. She headed in to land at the landing pad of the Last Call.

SkyeOrgana.jpg