Space

Ary the Grey

Triple-Helix was taken aback by the basic skill of the enemy pilot. In fact, he half thought it might be a fellow droid piloting it. It would certainly explain quite a bit”¦

Nonetheless, when a barrage of ion fire came raining down upon his ship, Triple-Helix was ready. Weapons on his own ship unleashed deadly fire upon the charging bull. An exchange of catastrophic proportions left both vessels with several failing systems. Unfortunately, one of the failing systems on the DarkBlade was its shielding. With her protective bubble gone, 3HX's ship was susceptible to the crippling ion fire. A series of blasts across the hull left the DarkBlade a floating mass in space.

Triple-Helix broke the direct link with the ship's computer and systems. Plan C?

Time for drastic measure had come. The pirate's ship was nearing the incapacitated vessel, and a pirate would board his ship only over his burning, incinerated metal frame. He left the cockpit and headed towards the emergency hatch on the top of his ship. Through the small view ports on it, he could see the Grave Breaker coming ever closer. Its shields were now down- obviously a sign that someone was going to bridge the gap. Without a second thought, he depressed the emergency release switch. The hatch opened, and deep space sucked the air and loose articles away. An internal command revealed the concealed missile in the droid's jetpack. At point blank range, he fired it into the belly of the Grave Breaker, leaving a sizeable hole. Following this, he lofted two thermal detonators through the gap. In several seconds, the pirate ship would be suffering from some serious internal indigestion”¦

Even with the restraints of the crash-webbing, the rocket from the droid shook the Hunter good as the blast resonation rocked the belly of the ship and blew a sizeable hole a few dozen yards away from them. Immediately the lifesupport system activated and oxygen masks dropped down, both pirates putting them on to sustain their life. Even through their rapid ascent into dangerous territories, something in the situation didn't feel right... like more was coming. Another explosion ripped through the ship... this one a degree worse then the last.

"That crazy bastard's on the hull of his ship shooting at us. Screw this dog-fight, you fix the ship... I'll handle Rusty."

Taking off his restraints, the bounty hunter removed his black trenchcoat and made his way over to the space suits hanging in the adjacent corner of the cockpit. He donned the flexible yet protective suit and strapped one of the jetpacks to his back, looking over to Ronin noticing he was taking similiar action. Dropping a fresh power pack in each of his custom blasters, the Hunter looked around his surroundings for something with a bit more firepower. Rummaging through a metallic case he found a rather large rifle, with an ammunition box next to it marked "Giant metal rails". Tekkan merely shrugged.

"Ronin, what you do in your spare time is none of my business."

Pushing off of the wall with his feet, he floated back over to where Ronin was, who had just finished putting his helmet on. Grabbing a helmet of his own the Hunter kissed the transparisteel glass of the facemask that was level with Ronin's forehead.

"Don't worry, baby, I love you no matter how weird you are. Just get this ship fixed or both our asses are done for."

Pressing the release to the cockpit door, Raas made his way through the damaged ship and used the rather large hole on the hull to make his way out. Silently he crawled on the outside of the ship, careful to avoid the droid's line of sight until the Hunter was ready to be seen; once the prey had been spotted Tekkan leapt into action. Pushing off of the hull he made a b-line for his opponent, turning on his jetpack for added momentum as he solidly connected with the machine man, ripping his feet free from its grip as he viciously drove him into the hull of his own ship. Shifting his weight, he turned off his jetpack as he righted himself, Tekkan landing in a crouched position.

Drawing his blaster he trained it on the recovering droid and drilled a shot into its right shoulder... sparks flashing before the small embers disappeared into the nothingness of the vaccum of space. Before a reaction could be made another shot was fired, this one glancing across the droid's "skull", leaving a deep burn mark across the side of it's faceplate. It was merely a warning shot, one meant to show his opponent that he was facing no push-over...[/i]

The Bounty Hunting world's one man scourge

TekkanRaas.jpg

So between the flowers and steak I'm saying "I kill stuff for you. Please like me."

((Oh man. Listening to the right music made writing this post an incredible experience.))

The cockpit filled with starlines as the Avenging Angel appeared out of hyperspace, but the planetary glow of Ilum did not fill the canopy. Something very, very different was visible outside the ship.

It was a large asteroid field, arranged in a peculiar disc formation. Not only that, but many of the asteroids were extremely large, implying that the asteroid field was recently formed and had not had a chance to batter its particles down.. Armiena knew exactly where they were--she had these coordinates memorized, and knew this region of space like her own lightsabers. She had explored nearly every cubic meter of this asteroid field. After all, what sort of Alderaanian didn't know their own home?

Memories came rushing back like a torrential river, and threatened to carry her heart away with the flow. The pristine University of Aldera, where she was just beginning her studies in business and engineering; many of her favorite hangouts in Aldera, filled with banter and celebrations with friends, most of them completely spontaneous; her father, constantly nourishing her with his unfaltering love... all swept away with one all-consuming energy blast. She quickly closed her eyes, but not quickly enough to trap the tears begiinning to form. It was all Armiena could manage to not be overcome with grief--she had a purpose in coming home.

"See that asteroid field?" It was all but impossible to miss it. "That used to be Alderaan. My homeworld. I have brought you here for an incredibly important lesson." Armiena fell silent, trying to muster the courage and control to speak again. Meanwhile, she silently shook with emotion, the sound of her erratic breathing betraying her grief.

((Yeah, I know I should have had a thread requested for this, but I'm lazy, and I sincerely doubt that many people have a reason to hang out in the Alderaanian Graveyard.))

drayyy.png

In the vacuum of space, the sound of the exploding thermal detonators never came”¦ just an uncharacteristic emptiness. Regardless of this absence of sound, he could see it- a beautiful and unnatural blossom of flame. Unfortunately, his ”˜feeling' of elation was soon brought to a halt. With his enhanced hearing rendered useless in the vacuum, he had no idea of the stalking pirate- who had indeed changed into a space suit and brought the battle to the hull of the ship”¦

Two blasts from his opponent's blaster sent the droid careening off in the zero-gravity. Only the jetpack on his back allowed him to keep from careening off into deep space- and he regained his footing on the outer hull of his ship. Already the regenerative armor that covered his frame was ”˜healing' over the pock marks left in his skeleton. Several more lances of energy narrowly missed his armor, as he was now able to dodge the red bolts. In response, the droid released several rocket-darts from his knee- explosives quite capable of decimating space suits”¦

Barton sat in the pilots chair seeming as if he had almost not heard Shy-ree speak too him. His head rested in his firmly in his hands. He thought quietly on how to explain the man. His new fingers extended up past his forehead as he held his head.

Carnage.jpg

Shawn looked out the viewport onto what was left of a planet. Piece of enormous size glided past them and it seemed as if it was an endless field of graves. He could tell memories of the past were hitting hard on his master, she could barely speak.

"I don't think anyone is oblivious to what happened here, I have never seen it but heard a lot. That weapon.. a marvelous piece of engineering; but what it was made to do.. and did do.. it's unforgivable."

Inside Shawn was trying to pick the right words, he just couldn't think of any. What he had said was true though, as a person interested in all things technology he really did have to admire the Death Star for its engineering. Something that can blow up a planet or ship in an instant. On the other hand it was a weapon of untold destruction, something that should never have been built let alone used. He tried to push the discussion along, maybe if he got Armiena's mind off of it her sadness would dissolve.

"So.. about this lesson of severe importance?"

”œA slave”¦you don't have the appearance that most slaves have err had. Most of the time you can at least tell if someone had been a slave by the way the act or the way the look”¦but you would have appeared to come from a good family to me. ”

Carnage.jpg

Ronin chuckled to himself.

"The droid is pretty good..."

The cockpit was a sea of red warning windows, alerting him of the failing systems that ranged now in the near hundreds. Ronin pressed a opened a menu, which flickered in and out of focus as the power within his ship fluctuated. The warm voice of ship came on, though it stuttered frequently.

"Diagno- no- nostic report: Massive hull breaches in the- the- the- the underbellllly. Organic life support systems compromised, con- con- con- converting to emergency life support syyyyyyyystem."

An environmental energy shield activated around the ship, using ultra high frequency particles to maintain an air lock. The energy shield had to remain fully charged, and due to the failure of systems, it would take but one or two shots to deactivate it and leave them depressurized again. On a lighter note, there were parts of the ship that were torn open, allowing one to look directly out into space.

"Sublight engines at.......................5% power.

Hyperdrive.......................................not found.

Navicomputer...................................operational..."

"Damn... The droid really did a number on my ship..."

"...Quad laser cannons.......................damaged. Generators at full capacity.

Ion Cannons.....................................not found.

Tractor beam.....................................fully operational.

Electromag harpoons 1-3....................fully operational.

Grappling arm......................................damaged. Estimated 20% range of movement..."

Ronin listened as the list went, making a list in his head. If Tekkan did not manage to subdue the droid, everyone, including Triple Helix, would likely be screwed. Ronin looked at the surrounding walls, seeing how badly disrupted the holofeed had become by the massive holes in the ship. He slapped a button on his pilot's chair, lowering the grappling arm along side the two in space. the claws of the fighter opened up, firing an electromagnetic harpoon that latched on to the half severed front of Ronin's ship, then pulled tight, a sort of half assed fix that would keep it from falling off until they could get it overhauled. That done, Ronin activated the tractor beam, pulling the now unmanned darkblade back toward the Grave breaker, activating the forward electromagnetic harpoon as soon as it came in range. The cables pulled tight, fixing the large lightsaber shaped ship onto the front of the heap like a strange sort of hood ornament.

The group amassed, Ronin exited his cockpit and climbed down a short ladder into the service hatch, where he set himself to reactivating the hyperdrive...

FinalRONIN.png

"Yeah, the lesson." Armiena's shaking stopped, though her tears continued to silently stream down her face. She made no effort to wipe them away.

"The galaxy is filled with meaningless acts of destruction." Armiena knew that her world's destruction may have been the cruelty necessary for the Rebellion's success, but that was besides the point. "Caamas, Alderaan, now Altyr V and in a sense, Coruscant. It is no coincidence that all of them were brought about by agents of the Dark Side.

"Because that's all the Dark Side can do: destroy, consume, and deceive. Destruction... is no strength at all--the Death Star was built only to destroy, and it turned on its own creators, and destroyed the Empire as it existed. In the end, that is not power--destruction is no more powerful than a two year-old pulling a temper tantrum. However, the Dark Side can manipulate and seduce.

"You know that I served in the Rebellion. Many of the Alderaanian survivors did; most of us for moral reasons, to destroy the evil and ensure that no one would have to go through what we endured." Armiena looked down. "I fought for revenge, using, and it's a bloody miracle that I didn't fall." She glanced at R5-D9, who was maintaining a silent vigil at his station. "Thanks." Dine merely gave a tiny twitch of his teapot dome in response, in an imitation of a modest shrug.

When she was granted an honorable discharge from the Rebellion due to "mental incapacitation," she almost immediately set herself up in the trading business. Her copilot was none other than R5-D9, the already-quirky R5 unit that she bought used. The purchase was clearly an act guided by the Force, because the droid helped her cope with her grief, constantly offering frank advice and observations concerning her disturbing anger.

"The point I'm trying to reach is that one cannot simply hide from their Dark Side, because it feeds off of your own doubts and weaknesses. It can only be fought, guarded against, and confronted. And sometimes even the strongest need help.

"Odds are that your conviction will be tested in the crystal caverns on Ilum. I was, and from what I've heard, many of the Jedi were. Just... be true to yourself, and remember to not rush into things blindly. Don't make the same mistake I did."

drayyy.png

Shawn could tell that Armiena was being quite serious, she knew all too well what he would be going through. He understood completely now that if he did not confront this test in the caves, he could walk out as the incarnation of his hate and anger. That scared him before he pushed it out of his mind.

"I know my Dark Side from my past, you know from what you saw back on Naboo. I admit I am not exactly Jedi material in the aspect of emotional control."

Shawn turned away from the field of asteroids outside the window, he was deep in thought over his coming task. He was obsorbing what his master said.

"I will try to be true to myself, an come out of the cave a little more enlightened than I am now. I thank you for taking the time to explain this all to me, I know that is is somewhat your job to do so...but this was more personal than work."

Shawn walked off into the ship, he needed some time to prepare his mind, not that he could possibly get it ready for what could happen. He found a table and sat down, pulled out the data on lightsabers Armiena had provided and placed his hilt on the table.

"Screwing with this stuff always has calmed me... now where's that seam.."

Shawn began to feel the hilt, slowly and patiently. Calling up the force for that extra sensitivity just like Armiena had to find everything about the outside. He finally located the seam, half from memory and half from actual feeling, and began to dissect the innards.

((Oh, yes, the best lightsaber page I've been able to find is here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightsaber))

"You're right Shawn... this was very personal, but this is the best way I know how to prepare you." Armiena changed the ship's course slightly to avoid an Alderaanian Funeral Capsule orbiting the Graveyard.

As her apprentice left the cockpit, she murmured something under her breath, an oath or prayer, before pulling the Avenging Angel out of the Graveyard. Once the freighter cleared the asteroid field, it leapt into hyperspace, leaving the former planet behind.

drayyy.png

As a sly smirk crossed the Hunter's face as he watched the droid tumble off of the hull, it was quickly replaced with a string of explitive deletives being broadcast over the comm unit in his helmet as he watched the droid's armor begin to repair itself. A small chuckle was heard as Ronin's laugh echoed through his headset, the pirate finding the situation extremely hilarious... atleast until Tekkan heard a small explosion and the distinct sound of Ronin shouting "I'll see you in hell!", followed by the sounds of a wrench being banged against an engine.

"See kids, a wrench can solve any dilemma. Malfunctioning hyperdrive, stubborn bolt, a homeless guy that nobody will miss..."

Before another quip could be made, a volley of micro-rockets were launched from his opponent's kneecap and were making their way towards Tekkan incredibly fast. With a slight sigh and a roll of his eyes, the bounty hunter extended his legs and pushed off the hull from his crouched position, drawing his blaster simultaneously and letting a flurry of shots loose. In a blur of motion a pair of the rockets were eradicated by his cover fire, but two still remained... the Hunter using a quick burst from his jetpack to roll out of the way of the incoming assault.

It bought him some time, but not for long.

As they made syncronized figure eights and came around for another pass, the Hunter once more used a quick thrust of his jet pack to avoid them; another round of blaster fire coming from him. The first of the rockets passed harmlessly over his shoulder, the navigation becoming confused between targets as it collided with the droid's abdomen. The second was vaporized by a bolt from Tekkan, but the impending explosion was too close and the concussion of the blast forcefully launched the Hunter into the side of the ship's hull.

"I hate droids... so uncivilized..."

As he spent the next moment on the hull, his lungs burned with every movement... his ribs aching with a numbness that caused his emerald eyes to roll into the back of his head. The vacuum of space was no where to be wallowing over meaningless pain, and with that state of mind he willed himself to roll over into a kneeling position and holster his blasters. In a fluid motion he raised his rifle and rested the butt of the gun firmly against his shoulder, training the sight on the dazed droid. Apparently the rocket had made a hole in his abdomen and ever the opportunist, Tekkan pulled the trigger. The rifle he was using was not blaster gas based, it instead found it's ammunition in the form of metal spikes and instantly one was drilled directly into the opening in his opponent.

The droid found himself pinned to his ship's outer hull and the natural regeneration of his armor caused the metallic alloy to begin "healing" around the large metal spike, effectively infusing to it for the time being. With a smirk the Hunter loaded another spike into the raildriver and fired the weapon again, this time the spike finding a home in the droid's left forearm. It wasn't nearly as crippling as the abdomen shot, but atleast it would buy him a few more seconds to rethink his strategy.

The Bounty Hunting world's one man scourge

TekkanRaas.jpg

So between the flowers and steak I'm saying "I kill stuff for you. Please like me."

After leaving Selvaris and jumping to hyperspace Cal put the ship on auto-pilot. He was headed for Sullust and in the meantime he wanted to attach the new upgrade he had acquired for R4.

The upgrade was a version of a carbonite freeze gun that was meant for a factory droid, but astromech droid's systematics were very compatiable with others so the new weapon would most certinally serve its purpose.

Cal proceeded to attach the upgrade while under very strict scrutiny of R4. Cal wasn't the greatest with electronics so whenever he would cross wire something R4 would give him a little jolt of electricty that would cause Cal's hair to stand on end.

When the upgrade was finally complete Cal stood back to observe his work. The new weapon attached to R4 was rechargeable but the recharge time was very long. The weapon had about 10 to 15 uses in it before it would go completley dead. Then it would take about a day before it was charged enough to be used again.

Once finished with R4, Cal examined his own new freeze weapon. It was highly advanced. Cal could adjust the settings on it so that he could disribute a lethal dose with the weapon or just enough to immobilize his opponet. It would work very well for his future missions.

Cal continued to get used to his new weapon while he waited for his trip to come to an end.

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg

Barton sat quietly in the ships cockpit. His face had received no treatment as he would live just fine without it. The Jedi Yue had barely escaped with his life”¦if that; Barton on the other hand had made it out with only a small flesh wound.

Carnage.jpg

Barton's facial expression didn't change as Shy spoke, but as soon as he heard the word run he popped his neck and looked at her saber. With a short telekinetic burst he shut it off, and then flung it down the hallway.

”œI”¦am not running I am”¦”

Carnage.jpg

As the Avenging Angel made its way through hyperspace, Armiena took all steps to make sure that her war-freighter was ready for battle.

She made sure that all components of the ship were in perfect condition (with special attention to the shield generators), that all the laser cannon batteries were fully charged, and that all missile bays were fully loaded with working warheads. The jedi Knight also made sure that her latest creation, which she wittingly dubbed "Little Bastards," was ready for deployment.

In the privacy of a maintenance pit, drenched in mechanic's greases, Armiena enjoyed a grin that was far from peaceful or friendly. The Sith were going to hate her.

It just occurred to her that the Sith hated all Jedi, so she added an addendum to that fact--the Sith were going to hate her personally.

drayyy.png

A small fighter dropped out of hyperspace at a predetermined location, heading for one of the four MC90a's that sat in space along side an intridictor. Landing in the hangerbay, Kira climbed down and headed straight for the bridge of the Shatterpoint II returning the salutes as she entered. She was informed that all ships had their shields at maximum. Nodding Kira gave the order and all five ships vanished back into hyperspace towards their target destination.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Raziel relaxed in his seat, it felt so good to be back behind the controls of his own ship. He had always loved flying; it was something he was good at. It had come natural to him. Perhaps it was because he had been working with ships since he was four. His dad always would let him repair them and sometimes even be a co-pilot.

By the time he was eight he had was piloting ships by him, doing runs for his father. He brought himself out of his thought and looked at his new apprentice. ”œFirst things first, just call me Raziel or Rizzy. I want you to tell me what you know of the force so far, not what you can do”¦but what you know.”

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

"The force is..." I don't know what the force is. I can manipulate it to some small extent, but what it really is...? "I don't really know what the force is. I can manipulate it, but I can't really control it."

Horus_Saast__Vin__51.jpg

Pizza is a reflection of all things good...like kittens; and meatballs.

Refrain from the Time Warp

Raziel pondered his reply carefully, it was not good to be able to use something and not know what it is. He propped his feet up on the controls before he spoke. His voice was not to deep, but had a slight energetic tone to it, a tone that conveyed happiness and a feeling of being content.

”œWell, that will not do. The force is an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together.”

Another lone starfighter emerged from the surface of Coruscant along with so many others, shooting into hyperspace shortly afterwards. A lone Jedi Master sat within the confines of ship, meditaing on the battle to come. One thing was for shore, he was lucky with the last couple of battles. He survived a few in the past and hoped his luck would hold.

But the last time he attacked the SIth strong hold, luck made no presence....

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

"Allow it to control me." Horus whispered. He had never been one to allow anything to control his path. The last time I allowed something to control my destiny, I ended up at the academy, and look where that got me. Thats not true, Shy took control of your life, and now you are training to be a jedi, Horus, a JEDI. Thinking about Shy hurt, as did knowing that she was enslaved by the Sith. What was worse was the fact that he could do nothing about it.

"Master Shardik, I've heard it said that the sith use the Dark side of the force, but the way you explain it the force simply is; neither light or dark. Wich is it?" This was the most major of his questions, but in no way his only one.

The ship that they were traveling in was a Correllian Engineering HT-2200, like the Argo he and Shy shared, but of a different line and a bit older. It was big and boxy, whereas the YT was round and a bit smaller.

"Where are we going Master?"

Horus_Saast__Vin__51.jpg

Raziel pondered the question for a few seconds before replying. His padawan was a curios one that was good. For it was unwise to blindly take orders from even the highest ranking officials. ”œThe force is not light or dark when you view it as a whole. It all depends on how you choose to see it. I view it as a gift, bestowed upon me so that I may help protect and serve the galaxy and make sure the innocent are safe.”

He looked out the cockpit of the freighter, into the bright light of hyperspace. He turned one eye, he coud see the ships systems, represented by blinking lights, were all in the blue. It was a beutiful thing really, the dance they made.

"What will I be able to do? I can use the force to jump, run faster, and see, and I have seen force heal and blast. What else will I be able to do?" The second question was unnecessary, but he had blurted it out, without thinking.

Horus_Saast__Vin__51.jpg

Raziel smiled at his padawan. He knew quite a bit already, but only about the physical side. ”œThe force is not only used for the physical. I will be teaching you the more complex side of the force, the mental and spiritual side of the spectrum. But we are almost there so just relax for now.”