Tatooine

RaveN

The two suns of the Tatooine system beat down on Ty and the other two hopefuls. Ty had never been on a planet quite as hot as one such as Tatooine. He took off his cloak and put it over his arm. He pulled out the credits Master Poleb had given him and then put them back. He stood there for a while waiting for any orders that Montgomery might have for them.

" Ahhh, Tatooine. Planet of the hutts. I use to live at this planet."

* Impede wipes the sweat from his head. He hopes that his horible past wont find him.*

" God i hate the weather here. Its so hot and dry. Im getting a cold one any body wanna come? Oh ya Monty.........STOP HUMING THAT TUNE!

Thank u."

SIG.jpg

Posting For Ryoo Jaxxon

Landing on a desert plain, Ryoo gets a message on his comm and has Tallon get the ship started up again to head for Corellia, and possibly to their deaths...

ooc-Sorry for the mix up.

Edited by Guest

Monty stoped humming and looked at Impede.

"Look, you unnerve me. Go do as you please, but keep in touch via comlink at least twice a day."

Montgomery then looked at Ty, noting his patience.

"I believe that I caught your name when you approached Jedi Master Serena on Yavin 4... Ty, if I'm correct. I'll be going into Mos Espa, and I'd have no problem traveling with you. I'll look for lodging first, then I may check out the schedule for pod races. If you'd like to come, then feel free to follow me."

Montgomery grabbed his bag and then began to walk toward the city of Mos Espa, off in the distance. He was glad that there would be no parking fees, but at the same time, he'd have to walk a fair distance. Monty sang softy as he walked.

"Back off,

I'll take you on.

Headstrong,

I'll take on anyone."

He then took to humming the tune as he progressed over the barren, cracked land.

* Impede watches Mont walk away. The Impede starts to hum with him.*

" So Monty when do u think Xen will come back for us? Should we sent him a message on his comlink?"

* Impede starts to worry about Xen and Serena. Then all the sudden Impede gets a message on the comlink*

Massage- " Master Serena is dead. In battle she fell on her light saber."

" We have to go help them!"

SIG.jpg

A shadow soon covered the humming hopeful as Tatooine's twin sun's were blocked out by a craft.

The sleek grey ship glided down and landed several meters infront of the group of hopefuls. Dust flew up while the landing ramp extended out. Stepping out was a man dressed in a brown cloak wrapped around his body. A hood covered the man's eyes, leaving only his face visible.

Stepping lightly, Tares walked to the hopefuls, letting a smile creep up his lips, "The barren surface of Tatoonie is hardly a place for a group of untrained Jedi hopefuls...."

tares.jpg

Montgomery continued walking toward Mos Espa, changing direction to go around the ship. He first looked at Impede.

"Look, pal, I can take care of my own. That's why I was left in charge. Just keep calm and keep walking."

Monty then spoke to Tares, not looking at him, or acknowledging him in any way other than vocally.

"Well, I have plenty of friends, actually. And I'd just like to inform you that Master Hou-Jo of the Jedi Order has brought us here to keep us safe from the bug threat. He anticipates no longer than two weeks before he will return for us, and now we're on our way to Mos Espa."

Montgomery kept walking, now making his way around the ship.

Tares cut him off as he lifted his hood, "Master Hou-jo is currently trapped on Yavin with other jedi. A fleet of insects stand between him and here. Those two weeks will pass, and you will continue to be here."

Breathing in, Tares continued, "I left Master Sly and Knight Airleas. The order is already divided, tatooine is not a safe place for you, which is why I am here to transport you three to Correllia...."

tares.jpg

Monty had no other choice then to trust Tares for the time being.

"Alright, I'm Montgomery. Hou-Jo left me in charge until his return, but I see now that the situation has changed. I'd like to fly the two seater ship, if you don't mind, but how would you like the rest of the flight arrangements to be made?"

Montgomery ran over to the two seater and brought his bag down, ready to be thrown in if approved.

Tares nodded, "That will be fine, you..." he pointed to Lord Impede, "May ride with him. The other can ride with me. We must make speed though, time is running short. Master Sly is gathering as many jedi as he can to help fight the threat on Coruscant. Once we arrive on Correllia, I will continue your training."

With that Tares led the three to the ships, and soon the ships were off....

Edited by Guest
tares.jpg

Xen-Que lands in Mos Espa... to find that the hopefuls that Hou-Jo had brought here were no longer here.

He finds footprints in the sand, ships recently took off... two or three of them... the jetstreams were still hot. He locked Dhan-Jaroe inside his ship, and gets a ship from Mos Espa.

xqp-1.jpg

Joel walked away from the vessel, into Mos Espa. It didn't take long to find a small, out of the way lot which had a few starships for sale.

"I need a new vessel," Joel told the owner, who was also the only salesperson on the lot.

"What are you looking for?" the man asked. "Speed? Firepower? Shielding?"

"Cheap," Joel said dryly.

The man looked at him sideways, then began marching down the row of ships until they came to a Mon Cal light freighter.

"And this," he said, "is a rather old Mon Cal freighter. They are some of the best vessels in the galaxy, though they are harder to service than others. Parts are not very readily available."

Joel looked at the vessel. "How much?"

The man smiled when he thought Joel wasn't looking. "Twenty thousand."

"Ten."

"Eighteen."

"Eleven."

"Sixteen."

"Done," Joel said.

The man smiled wickidly. "All deals are final."

"I know," the Jedi hopeful said. As he handed over a credit voucher, he asked, "What's her name?"

"The Starwind," the owner replied.

Joel was certain the man thought he made a fortune on the vessel, but Joel also spotted a few things that he was certain the man didn't know about.

After transferring the deed on the vessel, he moved his new ship back out to the desert where the vessel that had brought him to Tatooine still sat. He waited to discover where the Jedi of this world had fled to.

Obi-quiet stood in her robes almost unnoticably against the wall, looking for someone that could direct her to the newest Jedi location when she felt the presence fromt he ship she has towed walk into the street. Smiling she walked up to him.

"Hey," she grinned, he looked at her for a moment, but recognition set in, even though they had never before met. "Yes," she smiled, "and you do have some nice jedi potential, if you don't mind my saying so," She looked around, "Do you have any idea where the new jedi base is?" she asked.

You know the closer you get to something

The tougher it is to see it,

And I'll Never take it for granted,

Let's go!

Every_Super_Villain_should_have_a_g.jpg

Joel shook his head at the Jedi. "No, I don't." He sighed, than smiled wearily. "At this rate, I'll never join the Jedi Knights." He looked toward his new purchase, the Mon Cal freighter. "I sure don't have the fuel to go cruising around the galaxy searching for them, either." He looked back at her. "I do have some hypercomm equipment, though, if you think you could contact the Jedi and discover their location."

Obi-quiet shook her head. "It's a good idea, but as soon as our location is discovered, we immediately change the codes, but I do know that there will be a clue at the very least to where they are. If you are serious about joining the Jedi, I would be more than happy to help you out." She looks around. "I know there are jedi here, though," but they're hiding their presence, so I can only feel it, not pinpoint it. It would be really nice if someone just walked up to us," she winked.

Let's go!

Joel shrugged. "I can't conjure up Jedi for you, sorry." He looked over at his freighter and his derelict snubfighter. "But I do have something to do, if you'll excuse me."

It only took a few minutes to figure out the releases on the main cargo hold. Hot Tatooine air blew through the Mon Cal freighter's hold. Joel latched a couple of cables onto the disabled X-wing and dragged it across the sand and up into the hold. When it was in place, he released the cables and closed the hold, than walked back out to where Obi-quiet still looked for Jedi.

*Ronet continued his reply to Obi-Quiet's earlier comm.*

"I supposse I'll have to wait for your return then. Be careful, those Tuskens can be pretty nasty to the unwarry I hear."

*The comm clicked off from Ronet's end.*

Shapeshifters, or changelings, are generally regarded as a dangerous lot, and the Clawdite species even more so.

~ StarWars.com

RonetFarr.png

Obi-quiet turned to him as she walked through the crowds.

"You will become a fine jedi indeed. You passed the first test after all."

Let's go!

Obi-quiet just smiled and continued her search.

The search continued for several days, but no sign of the Jedi came up.

"There are two possibilities," she said to Joel in a cantina, "I was given the wrong information, or there's nothing to find.

"I know the wrong information should be the most likely, but I can't help but feel that the second option is more correct." She looked down. "I can only hope that it is not true. But until I can find out for certain, I must go on as if I had found them." She leaned slowly across the table.

"I know you wanted to become a jedi and work at the temple, but until we can find it, would you like to come with me. I already have an apprentice, but I don't think he would mind helping you either. We could begin your training, and you could come with us until better arrangements can be made."

Let's go!

Joel nodded. "I'd like that." He thought for a moment. "I have a freighter, a Mon Cal vessel called the Starwind. My X-wing, unfortunately, is down and out until I can find some parts for it. I'd be glad to accompany you and learn the ways of the Force." He smiled wryly and touched the blaster at his hip. "I'll carry this until I'm ready for a lightsaber, though, no offense."

OOC: Sorry for the long none post, but my computer got that lovely bug that's going around. *grumbles under breath about stupid guys who don't have girlfriends (or boyfriends as the case may be) that want to ruin other people's lives.* Anyways...

IC:

"That would be most excellent," the Jedi replied, "And even more so if we could leave immediately"

(Going to Black Sun Thread)

Let's go!