Tatooine

RaveN

Bekka let Ael put her into the Skyhopper and they headed out over the sand. She kept looking back at the Hutt Palace and wondering if Ob was okay. As they got out further away from the Ael, kept asking her more questions to draw her attention away from Lord Ordeena and more onto him and the flying.

He began asking her about her family, and how old she was. How long she had wanted to fly. Where she had learned to dance like that, and how long she had been dancing.

"I'm 20, and I was born on Nastrine. My parents are engineers, and they design ships." She looked out over the sand, and her eyes seemed to glaze over again, only this time there were tears in them. "Or at least they were before Nastrine was attacked."

She looked over at him and smiled. To Ael, it seemed that she had the face of an Angel. So innocent, and so trusting. He could still see that she was heavily drugged and it could be hours or even days before the drugs wore off with as much as Ob Ordeena had given her. And he wasn't even sure what it was that she had been given.

After a long pause, she continued to tell Ael about herself. "I have always wanted to fly, since I was very small. My father used to take me flying with him when he would test out a new design. It always made me feel so free. I learn to dance as a child, my mother made sure that I had lessons, and I have been dancing since I was about 5 years old. It also gives you a feeling of freedom. When I'm dancing, it's like everything else and everyone else just disappear."

Ael gave her a slight smile and began to speak to her. He wanted to keep her talking, having her open up more. He started to show her the different instruments on the Skyhopper.

bekscopy.png

"Yea...so this is the instrument panel, you can control the movement of the ship with this joystick here...this button fires the cannon...this adjusts the air intake thrusters..."

He spent some more time showing her the controls, and how to keep the Skyhopper steady as they rode across Beggar's Canyon while Tatooine's twin suns started to set. He turned his head slightly and looked at her angelic face.

"Would you like to try...?"

ael.gif

She looked at him and smiled again, "yes, could I?" As Ael handed the Joystick to her, she tried to fly it straight, but at least she managed to keep from crashing the Skyhopper.

After a few minutes of weaving from side to side, and going up and down, she managed to get it semi level above the ground. As Ael gripped the seat, she looked over to see him holding on for dear life. She smiled at him and tried not to laugh at the face he was making.

"I'm sorry. I'm not very good at this."

bekscopy.png

Ael's heart returned to normal for a bit, he was just stunned at the sudden jolt when she turned to the left and almost hit a pile of rocks.

"No...its okay, you're doing fine, you need to get used to it...here..like this..."

He stood behind her with his arms around her but his hands on her hands, helping her get a feel for the joystick on the controls.

ael.gif

In the darkness of space surrounding the planet of Tatooine, a small frigate begins to travel to it's destination. As the ship lands on barren land, a man walks out carrying a long, concealing bag across his shoulder. He heads out and walks towards the illuminating lights of Mos Eisley.

I will make it quick, and painless.

Three skiffs blast into Mos Eisley, each mounted with a light blaster cannon and each carrying several men. The first wave of troopers, along with the denizens of Mos Eisley had succeeded in wiping out most of the enemy that were visible in the streets or on rooftops. Now many of them searched buildings, and poked around the piles of the dead enemy for clues. The skiffs hovered slowly throughout the dusty streets, a gunner aiming the blaster cannon at anything suspicious. Guards walked aside the skiffs, searching domed buildings or checking under scruffy booths. It was under such a booth that they found the Hutt Fleet Commander cowering. He was brought aboard a skiff and questioned by Ob Ordeena's chief. The guards continued searching, though they found not a single agent of the enemy.

Impossible! The hologram image of Ob Ordeena said to the chief trooper. They could not have disappeared so quickly. Check everything; I want the entire spaceport overturned. They must have a base somewhere; they certainly aren't here in the palace any longer. I want them found, capture their leader and bring him to me!

Yes, your excellency.

The chief replied as the remainder of the Hutt league regrouped. The party of scoundrels hovered around the main skiff, and received their orders to search every building. They set about in groups of ten or eleven, and shuffled off. Each group was within earshot of one another in case they encountered anything.

leader.jpg

She begins to fly better with Ael's help, and they on this course heading towards Mos Eisley. Bekka was more then aware of the heat of this planet, was getting extremely hot.

With Ael standing behind her, and his hands on hers, he helped her keep the ship straight. Your doing much better. He told her, as he took his hands away.

Bekka turned and smiled, "This is okay then?" She continued to keep the ship straight, as both Ael and Bekka started seeing skiffs and blast boats racing across the sand in the same direction that they were headed.

bekscopy.png

*The Atropos lands outside Mos Eisley and Malin Kyrell jumps out to survey the wreckage of the spaceport. He slowly walks in, examining the wreckage. Malin stops to examine the dead body of a red unifomred soldier. Malin's visor narrows to a crimson slit as he looks at the body.*

CORE was here. How can they do this?

*Malin stops and sees a wounded human slumped in a charred doorway. A fresh cut, caked with dirt, oozes a slow trickle of blood down the side of the man's head. Malin, without thinking, knees down and pulls out a small medkit on the side of his utility belt.*

"What happened?" he asks in his soft, quiet voice.

"CORE came out of nowhere. It seems like they just appeared in the middle of the city. They blew up the space port and the cantina." The man breaks into a fit of coughing. "They started occupying the city. Then Outer Heaven and the Hutts showed up. CORE used us as hostages, but the Hutts didn't give a damn. Both sides just fired through us. My daughter... my daughter..."

*The man breaks down and cries for several minutes. Malin patiently sits and waits.*

"CORE got wiped out. The Hutts think they have a base inside of what's left of Mos Eisley."

*Malin finishes tending to the man's wounded and slips back out of Mos Eisley. He sends a comm to the Grand Hall from his ship.*

"This is Kyrell. The CORE army attacking Tatooine has been routed. The Hutts are currently looking for the base. I suggest we combine the Alpha and Beta groups and work with the Hutts to uncover this base. I have a bad premonition about this assignment though."

Malin.jpg

What drew out such power from your machine was truly the drive of your soul... It was your 'Id'. The sign of the purpose you've been seeking... The mark of a natural born assassin!

Those are Ob's skiffs...

He immediately turned around the skiff with a jolt that sent Bekka a little bit shaking to the ground. He quickly redressed the ship and helped pick her up with his free arm.

"Sorry about that...but wherever they are going there's trouble, and we're taking flying lessons...not learning how to fight in a war, we'd be shot down and killed..."

He could see Bekka being affected by the heat and turned on the thermostat in the Skyhopper to start bringing in fresh air.

I hope that does it...maybe those drugs are wearing off and this is why she's feeling too hot...

ael.gif

After being thrown to the ground, she let ael help her up. As she sat down, she grab one of the water bottles that were on board. Little did her or Ael know that Ob had had this put on the skyhopper after it had been spiked with the same drugs that he had been giving to Bekka on a daily basis.

Passing one to Ael, she opened hers and drank it down. Almost instantly, she felt better. Looking back over to Ael, "So what is next for the flying? And well, why don't you tell me about yourself. I told you about me."

She smiled at him as he looked over to face her. She just seemed so innocent to him. He didn't exactly know what to say to her.

bekscopy.png

Ael looked down and noticed another glazed look on her face.

"We shouldn't drink this water..."

He took the bottles and opened the side part of the craft, chucking them out. Bekka seemed astonished at why he had thrown them off.

"We're getting you off of those drugs...if you want something to drink...let me know...we'll stop at a Cantina and get something...but before we do anything else, you're getting unhooked...understand?"

ael.gif

Looking at him, she honestly was confused. Get me unhooked on what, she thought to herself. She didn't remember being given the drugs, and she got more confused as he threw the only liquid over the side of the craft.

"What are you talking about?" She waited for him to explain to her why he did what he did.

bekscopy.png

Ael looked down.

"Ob...those needles...the drinks...to get you used to the climate...they are all drugs...I've seen that hazed look that you have all the time...you're under the effects of drugs...mabye I'll explain it all again when you're back to normal, but I've seen smugglers on that stuff...it's not good..."

ael.gif

She sat and stared at him. What is he talking about, I haven't been given any drugs. He looked down at her, and seem so serious. She kepted hearing Ob's voice in her head...trust no one but me, they will try to hurt you. But Ael looked so harmless. And he had been so nice.

She tried to push out Ob's voice, but it was still there in the back of her mind. Shaking her head, she tried to listen to Ael as he tried to explain another aspect of the skyhopper.

bekscopy.png

The Nova Angel approached Mos Eisley and picked up several other ships in the vacinity. One, a T-16 Skyhopper fairly far away. He landed near Mos Eisley. Kile made sure the ship was locked good. He knew this place all too well. He walked into the Cantina and went up to the bar-tender.

"One Correlian ale please." He said and recieved his request. He strolled over to a table and sat down. He looked around at the rechid hive of scum and villiany. He sipped his ale.

Naota1.jpg

The bartender stands and guestures around, showing how three of the four walls were collapsed and the ceiling was missing. "I got one bottle of Corellian Ale left. The whole place got blown up last evening by CORE Agents when they took out the space port. If you want it, it's going to cost you 2,000 credits."

The bartender continues, "The last time this place got wrecked this bad was when some idiot smuggler, I think he's actually the Commonwealth's Chancellor of Trade now, got into a nasty fight with some ruthless criminals. The operated under the guise of the Corellian-Outer Rim Exports company. This was some years back though. So these guys show up and the smuggler gets in this nasty gun fight, then pulls out a thermal detonator..."

The bartender continues with a rather dark, though comic story which eventually ends with the incineration of the Mos Eisley cantina.

"...so I says to him, you're never coming back here again, or I'll shoot you myself." The bartender shakes his head continues to do repairs the cantina.

I'm trying to start a war here. It's a prestigious line of work with a long and glorious tradition.

-Vizzini, The Princess Bride

The Hutt troopers searched throughout Mos Eisley for any sign of enemies. They marched silently through the streets, every so often breaking down doors and rummaging through small hovels. The searches turned up precious nothing. The guards load the dead folk onto the skiffs, and after plundering the corpses for valuables, pile them up in a huge pyre in the middle of Mos Eisley. There the red uniformed agents of CORE, along with Hutt troopers and Mos Eisley civilians, burn until none remain.

The Hutt legions began to break apart, some heading back towards the palace, others, tired from the battle and search, head towards the remains of the cantina wear they haggle with the supposed barman over prices. As they do so, the most loyal of the Hutt troops, subsequently the best trained, continue their search for the enemy base.

A guard angrily shoves the barman.

"Hey, we work for the Hutts. Our drinks are free, hear that buddy? Now fork em over or we're going rough you up nice, got that?"

leader.jpg

Kile nods and pays the gentlemen the 2000 credits.

"Here ya go. This place did get really devastated. This was one of my favorite places to come for a drink. Get it fixed soon." Kile says and hands the bar-tender 1000 more credits. He sits down and sips his ale. When a few hutt troops walk in, they start to argue with the barman and finally shove him over and start to take stuff off the counter on the other side. Kile walks up behind one. He taps him on the shoulder.

"You wanna pay for that?" Kile, flicks on power to his dual BlasTech DL-44 blasters at each of his sides. "Money or blood is good, it's up to you."

Naota1.jpg

The lead trooper smiled and spat back:

”œYou must have a death wish, buddy. This is Tatooine you are on, and we ”˜ere are agents of the Hutts. You want to rumble buddy then be our guest, you won't make it out alive. Now this ”˜ere cantina is the property of the Hutts, and of Ob Ordeena, that makes you a bloody trespasser. We don't look kindly towards outlanders here.”

leader.jpg

A small barge hovers across the desert, heading to Mos Eisley. At the helm of the craft is the newly appointed Hutt Commander, a tall Rodian. The Rodian, along with a dozen or so reinforcements, is searching the sands for any sign of a missing skyhopper. Next to the Rodian stood a hologram image of Ob Ordeena, who spoke quietly to the new Commander. As they reach the outskirts of the spaceport, the barge slows down. On their sensors, they pick up a weak signal behind them; the barge heads back into the desert. As they shot farther into the ocean of sand, the signal became stronger, and eventually they saw the skyhopper buzzing around in the distance. Ob Ordeena muttered something, and the Commander repeated the orders to one of the guardsmen. The guard, a stout little orange-skinned fellow, then powered a large sniper's rifle and aimed it towards the skyhopper. Aiming directly above the fuel injectors, the stout little alien fired, and a line of smoke soon appeared behind the little craft. As the barge took up speed, the skyhopper crashed to the desert floor. The barge pulled up alongside the hopper, and the Commander pulled the dancer out of the wreck. She was unconscious. Pulling her back aboard the barge, the Commander nods to the hologram of Ordeena. The barge takes off, leaving behind the wreck and the smuggler who they thought perished accidentally in the crash. As they soared off towards the Hutt palace, the low screech of a sand dragon could be heard echoing over the sands.

Now is your time to die...

Ael woke up some hours later a bit distressed. He looked around at the debris and tried to piece it in his mind as to what had hapenned. He could hear the scream of Bekka's sweet voice as the ship crashed into the sand with a thundering explosion soon to follow. The skyhopper was completely destroyed, except for many pieces lying here and there, and Ael was alone in the middle of nowhere with the Hutt Palace maybe a day or two away by foot.

He looked around, kicking the debris, trying to find something to help him survive. He radioed the Smuggler's Moon, leaving a message at Dex's office asking for assistance.

While looking for debris he found the part of a wing, the steering devices, a control box, a somehow unscathed rocket booster, and an non-destroyed bottle of fuel. He sat down with each piece and tried to put them together, crossing many wires over each other over the course of a few hours...

ael.gif

Kile flicked the spit off his boot with a flick of the foot and loocked back up at the main guard.

"Well then, I guess I'm out matched and out gunned." Kile said. He spat right back on the man's shoe and turned around to leave. As he did so, the enraged guard picked up a bottle and drew it back to smash over Kile's head. Right before it hit, Kile jumped out of the way, nearly missing. He pulled both blasters and all the guards readied theirs. "So you gentlemen want a fight? C'mon."

One of the side guards fired and nearly missed Kile. He fired back and hit the guard squar in the chest. Kile jumped behind the bar as lasers flew over him. He clicked a button on his comm.

"Em-Wun, I need pick up at the cantina, NOW!"

He flinched as more laser fire shredded the glasses on top of the bar he was ducking behind. He heared the guards starting to rush over to where he was and he lunged up and onto the bar. He fires with both blasters downward on to the guards on the ground and hits alot of them. More guards fill the damaged cantina without a roof. A laser clips his left leg and he winces in the pain. He jumps down to the ground again, dodging fire. He sees the head guard from earlier. Kile pops up and puts three blasts in the chest, and one in the head of the main guard. Finally he is cornered by the remainign guards. "Drop yer weapons you slithering space slug." one of them says. Kile raises his hands, still holding the guns. Suddenly a roar blows debris around the cantina and the guards look up and are somewhat blown back. A ramp comes down and Kile jumps on just as the guards' laser fire resumes. The ramp closes and Kile runs to the cockpit. Em-Wun is there to greet him. He turns and blasts the rest of the guards and looks at the bartender hiding through the cockpit transparisteel.

"Sorry" he mouths and flys off into space with a couple remaining guards shooting at the ship.

He plots a course and makes the jump to hyperspace.

Naota1.jpg

Sigma several cool commands to his subordinates from CORE's base.

"We cannot afford to lose our foothold here. Send a comm and draw what ever forces you can to here. We are crippled. Tell central we need to abandon Kashyyyk. The whole place was just a lure to get the Commonwealth to deploy its fleet. I don't care if we turn Tatooine into a bloody rock. We cannot loose our base here. If they find us, we risk loosing our cover and sources of income. They might even crack open our whole network!"

The few remaining CORE Agents nod and comply.

Sigma is flanked on the side by a small Bothan.

"Master Rinwald trusted you with this position. He stated you were not leaving Tatooine- either we win and you are to rule here, or you die and your ashes blow across the surface. We are in hiding and we have lost. Good-bye, Sigma."

The Bothan pulls a disruptor and distintigrates CORE Agent Sigma. "I'm in command under the authority of the Director of CORE. We are to escape from Tatooine and regroup at Headquarters at once. Activate the self destruct sequence for this place and prepare an emergency shuttle to launch."

A series of explosions ring through the base as it starts to crumble. "What happened? It's too soon!"

"Sir, I think the self destruct bolts were damaged by the fighting Some how we had a misfire! We have areas exposed to the surface!"

A large cave in occures in the middle of Mos Eisley as a giant hole swallows up an imposing warehouse. Inside is an exposed network of tunnels and rooms leading deep beneath the surface, showing the location of CORE's oldest base in the Outer Rim.

I'm trying to start a war here. It's a prestigious line of work with a long and glorious tradition.

After dropping the dancer at the desert palace, the Hutt Commander and a garrison of troops ”“ the last of the mighty Tatooine defense league ”“ head back into the desert aboard skiffs and speeders. The convoy of criminals head towards the ruins of Mos Eisley, where they plan to regroup. The convoy soars swiftly over the sands, and arrives in Mos Eisley shortly before dusk. The platoon of troopers already present and the newcomers regroup on the outskirts of the spaceport. Altogether, eight skiffs, a dozen or so landspeeders and a few old starfighters remained to defend Tatooine and the Hutts. As darkness falls over Mos Eisley, the Hutt Commander and a hologram image of Ob Ordeena give their orders to the troops. The legions head quickly to the brink of the enemy base; there they are met by a team from Outer Heaven. Drawing their blasters, knives and force-pikes, the Hutt garrison begins their descent into the enemy compound. They ignore the Commonwealth allies, and move about the compound, blasting and scavenging.

After the men of Outer Heaven remove the computer terminals and technical equipment from the underground base, a few Hutt guards enter with thermal detonators and seismic charges. In a few short hours, the remainder of the enemy base is destroyed; along with it most of Mos Eisley.

Now is your time to die...

Some distance away in the desert a lone Bothan remains hidden behind a rock. He is in critical danger of collapsing due to the heat, but he continues to stay awake and takes a sip from a hip flask.

The final problem lay in how a malfunction of the self destruct sequence was mistriggered. As the Outer Heaven troops swarmed in, an analysis shows that 2 of the major destruct bolts were damaged by explosions on the surface of Mos Eisley, setting off a chain reaction. At that point, a few made their way to escape tunnels and many remained to be cut down. The computer system- isolated from all other CORE systems for security reasons yielded unfortunate clues.

DATA REPORT:

The terrorrist group CORE is actually the front for a confederacy of businesses and private individuals. They have a central ideal which unites them. The central body of CORE was a company known as the Corellian- Outer Rim Exports corporation. The group attempted a consolidation of various bounty hunters and smugglers for is own use, but was destroyed by internal politics. This was several years ago.

During that time, the network it created appeared to fall into disuse, but it was kept in use for a few minor activities- money laundering, smuggling, racketeering and other illicit trades. Since so many- the CORE Board of Directors- had a hand in this, it was impossible to tie down to one organization as there appeared no common thread.

About a year ago, this changed. the head of the former Corellian-Outer Rim Exports organization came out of hiding and took the riegns of the group. The first thing they did was kidnap several proment scientists and set them to work to give them a superior technology. Somehow they were able to obtain a rather large number of illicit ships (Data Pending) and engineers. The most crucial item was a new technology to create the perfect elite trooper- one that would fight with no regard or sense of self preservation and would give them limitless recruitment power (Data Pending).

Tactical results show that the CORE fleet is preparting an strike against the force using elements again. Kashyyyk was merely a decoy to draw out the troops of the government so they could launch strategic strikes elsewhere. Sullust looks as if it may fall under attack again.

Of the biotech, most of the lab was destroyed prior. The CORE commander- Beta, who developed the virus and antidote, has left for the CORE HQ. The genetic experiments seemed to lack particular purpose, but large quantities of glitterstem were found in the labs.

END OF REPORT

He finished the contraption he had constructed with a piece of bone around 6 feet long planted perpendicularly into the wing of the skyhopper, with his shirt attached as a sort of medium to capture air. He fired off the engine of his mini-hover craft and sailed as fast as he could to the Hutt Palace.

ael.gif