Korriban

Exodus

Coming out of hyperspace above Korriban he noticed that nobody else was here and it seemed nobody was on the planet. "GREAT!" he yelled. He brought the ship into Korriban's atmosphere and landed the ship outside of the temple. He didn't see anywhere near him, exiting the ship Jambe looked around and didn't see anyone. "Guess I'll wait here until I hear something" he said to himself as he walked back into his ship. Walking into his room he laid down on his bed and closed his eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

As quickly as the Heretic was pulled from its orbit over Korriban, it returned there. It had taken a bit more time to plot a safe set of hyperspace jumps from Merkava to Korriban, much longer then it had taken for the Dark Jedi to move his ship through the Force Storm. Upon arrival, the Dark Lord took stock of any ships in the area that might have arrived late for the meeting that was held not long ago. His initial sweep done, Quietus turned his attention to fulfilling the needs of his upcoming trials, sending out numerous encrypted comm messages throughout the galaxy.

1fE1uLv.png

I ate a hippo. It was delicious.

May the Forth therve you well...

Kakuto appeared on the bridge behind Montar, his ship having docked using personal codes he reserved in the Star Destroyed. Kakuto figured if Montar was going to ninja his Star Destroyer, at least he better get free parking.

"Why have you called me here, Quietus?"

krstorm.gif.a46e550419daa19d41d206a1706d1044.gif

"Because the time has come for us to retake a relic of the Sith's past..."

Quietus did not move or turn to address Kakuto as he stood on the bridge, more of out being too busy at the moment then out of a cocky attitude.

"...it is time to take a long lost planet back, and release the darkness within it to blanket the galaxy. I have been approached by a Dark Jedi, who has set a path filled with trials before me, trials that I and my companions; of whom you are to be one; must pass."

Quietus finally turned to Kaktuo with a devilish grin.

"So in the end, its your basic power trip of personal proportions"

Edited by Guest

1fE1uLv.png

Kakuto flashed back to a battle within the temple of the Jedi, on Coruscant. The Dark Jedi had intervened on the side of Jedi, and had been on of many factors that ended in Kakuto's retreat. He grimaced as he relived the scenario. He had always suspected that this was part of a greater sabotage, but he could never pin down proof.

"I do not trust the Dark Jedi. Playing along with something they propose rarely yields positive results."

Kakuto looked around the massive holographic bridge, which was positioned on his own request in the center of the Star Destroyer. His gauntleted fingers rubbed his pale white chin as he contemplated Quietus's proposal.

"I would be wary of the trials this Dark Jedi has set before you."

krstorm.gif.a46e550419daa19d41d206a1706d1044.gif

"And who better to watch my back then you Kakuto? I am quite aware of the Dark Jedi and their tricks, and I am almost sure that this time will not be different. However, these trials are not new. They are the same trials that Ar-Pharazon once successfully accomplished and reaped the rewards of in the past."

Quietus stood watching the reaction of his friend.

"And of course, there will be much evil-doing to be done by all. The first step, which is what I have need of you for specifically, is to cover said planet completely in a force created storm, a feat which despite my powers, I can not accomplish alone."

1fE1uLv.png

* Years has pasted since the Sith had entered the halls of the great sith temple, in search of meaning, fullfilment, glory, power, and strength. His long white hair now buzzed to his skull. His cloak old and tattered. The year of battle and hate, that had pastd can be counted on his face. The wind wipes across his face, he feels a feeling he has not felt since his frist encounter in this old temple. He is back to do their bidding. He enters the throne room, and takes a knee. Waiting to be called apon or spokin to. *

The True Power lays in the Dark Side of the force only their is when you can truly be one with the Force - Sith Lord Jeng Dorga -

Draken's ship came out of hyperspace quickly. Almost immediately he noticed a Star Destroyer in the vicinity of the planet of Korriban. He broadcast his identity and Sith codes. A moment later he received a response from the Star Destroyer. Nodding to himself, he piloted the ship into the Destroyers main hanger bay and slowly walked from his ship into the hanger bay.

From there, Draken headed directly to the bridge. Seeing the Dark Lord there as well as the former Dark Lord, Draken bowed low out of respect, then he spoke to Ryu. "You requested my presence?"

E nomini patri, et Fili e spiritu sancti.

Feeling the presence of her former apprentice arrive, Alora made her way through to the bridge. She had felt the former Dark Lord there along with the current. She had taken the time to change, now wearing a crimson bodysuit and black and crimson robes.

"Oh my... all my favourite men. I do hope I'm not interrupting anything Mi'Lords"

Her violet eyes sparkled as she shifted her sultry gaze between Kakuto and Quietus while she slipped her arm through Draken's as she added for his benefit, "Did you miss me my dear?"

(( putting the link rather than the pic so it doesn't stretch thread. http://usera.imagecave.com/SkyeOrgana/Renders/Alora.jpg ))

IgyyGiX.jpg

Darth Alraune

Quietus nodded silently to Draken and then addressed him before Kakuto could.

"He has called you here on my behalf Draken. You pledged your loyalty to me, and now is the time to test that loyalty. A rather large set of tests lay before me, issued by a Dark Jedi with the promise of greater power. Along with Alora and Kakuto, you will help me in these tests. But first, there are preparations to be made..."

The Dark Lord turned to the comm unit and issued an order to his crew, sending a small detachment of the Star Destroyer's ground troops to the surface of Korriban. Once the troops landed on the surface, they immediately began scouring the planet's surface for one creature in particular; a pair of tuk'atas.

1fE1uLv.png

Draken stroked his goatee for a moment before bowing. When he rose, he spoke again.

"Very well, It shall be done as you request, my Lord."

Loking towards Alora, Draken winked quickly and bowed his head. "Of course I did, Mistress. " Then he turned and slipped from the bridge, heading towards the Main Observation Deck.

Alora watched Draken head off, her eyes turning back to Kakuto she stepped towards him.

"It's been some time Mi'Lord. Is there anything you require of me?"

The Sith Mistress observed him through lowered lashes, also watching Quietus.

IgyyGiX.jpg

Darth Alraune

Draken knelt in the Observation Deck, the two stormtroopers outside standing guard to make sure none passed into the observation deck other then the Sith. He rested his hands on his knees as he lowered his head. His mind clearing completely, leaving a blank black slate in the place of his thoughts as he opened himself to the Force. Immediately he could feel the various life signs of the crew and the dark presences of the Sith.

He let his mind drift farther, extending it toward the planet and the well of dark force power that resided on the planet. The power seemed to welcome him and he let it flow through his body and out into the ship. Images began to flash before his eyes, many he did not reconize or know. Some of an ancient and dark city, some of lost planets and culture. A dark barbarian like race appeared before him, they presence in the force was forbodding but oddly enticing.

He tried to communicate with the figure in front of him but it smiled evily and mouthed something to him. The language was unknown to him but yet he knew what was being said to him. "You have not yet made your greatest pain, weakness and failure into your strength. Therefore you are not worthy to speak with us until such time as you do." Then the figure waved its hand and disappeared.

A force like no other contracted around him suddenly, holding him in it's grasp. Draken snarled and lashed out against it with all his might, but the barrier turned his attack back on him. The suddenness of the reversal offered him no time to throw up a shield or even attempt to deflect the attack. The attack struck him soundlessly and knocked him across the floor, his body still bound in the same position. Flashes of his past began to return to him, very painful flashes of his past.

He saw his families home on Vjun once more, saw his mother again as she stood at the stove preparing supper for that evening. He tried to block this memory again, but again he failed to even budge the hold around him. Everything began to speed up as his mother left the house to bring supper out to a younger version of himself and instantly Draken knew what this vision was of. Thing went black for a moment and then suddenly Draken saw his mother running towards the ship, her mouth opened in a soundless scream of denial.

He saw her kill the jedi and then his vison become covered with a red substance that dripped from his face. Through the red liquid covering his eyes, he could see her body split in half then fall. Again and again the memory played in his mind, forcing him to keep reliving the moment of her death as that dark voice said the same thing in his mind every time she fell. "YOU FAILED!! YOUR NOT WORTHY TO BE CALLED SITH!"

Draken screamed voicelessly, the power of his pain evident in the scream. He lashed out again with the Force at the barrier that held him, the figure appeared and returned his attack with equal fury, matching his power perfectly. Draken knocked the attack away and it slammed into the barrier causing the barrier to vibrate under the assualt. Realizing what the figure before him was, Draken strained against the barrier till he broke enough of its power to stand to his feet.

"Spector, I name you for what you are. Long dead Sith protector. You failed in your own life and like I did, you never overcame your pain. But unlike you, I realize the secret." Draken snarled low in his throat and held his hand in front of him summoning his pain to his hand. He focused it and looked at the figure. "The secret? Forcing your opponent to live forever with your pain and his own!" Suddenly his hand shot forward and plunged into the spector, releasing the ball of visible pain before removing his hand.

He outstretched both his hands and then unleashed a large blast of pure dark power. "And so I banish you to the pits of the abyss, evermore to live with both our failures as your own." The spector screamed and vanished from sight as Draken collasped to the floor, his spirit strong but his body weak.

Several hours had passed since the Dark Lord had sent the detachment of troops to the surface below, and he had yet to hear back from them after their initial message to inform Quietus that they had landed and begun their search for the tuk'atas. His patience growing short, Quietus tried for the fourth time to contact the troops, but to no response.

"Never send an incompetent twit to do a Sith's job..."

He growled slightly and took his leave from the bridge without so much of a word. When one of the cyborg's questioned where he was going, the Dark Lord kept walking uttering only four words.

"...to finish the job."

A few moments later, the Darksoul shot out of the hanger bay of the Heretic and streaked down towards the planet, following the same trajectory that the troops had been sent on mere hours before. It did not take long for the Dark Lord to find the ship, sitting on the ground and mostly abandoned. But scattered a few meters away were the bodies of the handful of apparently incompetent troopers who couldnt even manage to wrangle two animals without getting themselves killed. As the Darksoul landed, Quietus noticed that the cages, meant to hold the pair of Tuk'atas, were close nearby, as were a pack of the creatures themselves.

Jumping out of the cockpit, Quietus wasted little time in approaching the cages and corpses on the ground. At the same time, the tuk'atas sensed a new batch of 'prey' approaching, and prepared to attack themselves. But Quietus was not even the slightest bit apprehensive about taking on an entire pack of tuk'atas, especially since he had once held one of these animals as a pet. The Dark Lord walked defiantly towards the pack, and as one of the animals charged and lept at him, it was quickly sliced in half with a wave of the Sith's lightsaber-gripped fist. There was a series of growls from the rest of the pack as they saw one of their own killed instantly, and this time two charged at the same time.

They too were dismissed with a wave of the hand as they were thrown backwards hard into the ground. Quietus stared down the remaining tuk'atas, and in particular stared straight into the menacing eyes of the largest, the obvious alpha tuk'ata. The creature was obviously angry at Quietus for killing it's companions, and after a minute of the two staring each other down, the alpha tuk'ata roared and charged the Dark Lord, who held his ground until the last second. In that last second, Quietus blasted the mind of the tuk'ata, revealing his true prowess and power ovet the Dark Side, the same power that the tuk'atas had been defending and protecting for so long in the form of the numerous tombs that lay under the surface of Korriban, one of which Quietus himself once inhabited beyond the grave.

The tuk'ata instantly stopped and snarled slightly, watching Quietus, who merely pointed at one of the nearby cages. The tuk'ata glanced at the cage and then snarled again, and was met with another blast of the Dark Side. It whimpered slightly and backed up under the force of the blast, and then slowly approached and entered the cage. Closing the cage, Quietus smirked ever so slightly at how easy it had been. It took only another hour to track down and capture the alpha female of the pack, enclosing it in the second cage and loaded both tuk'atas, still growling and circling in their cages, into the troop transport. Setting the transport on auto pilot to return to the Heretic Quietus returned to the Darksoul and followed it up back to the Star Destroyer.

Once the tuk'atas were secured aboard the Heretic Quietus returned to the bridge and ordered the Star Destroyer's next move.

A hyperspace jump that would lead them to Roon, Quietus' own home planet.

1fE1uLv.png

• 2 weeks later...

As the ETA once again exited hyperspace, Oni set the starfighter down in the Valley of the Sith Lords, not far from where he had to gather the last few parts for his new sabers. First Oni would head toward Naga Sadow's tomb, unblocking his path using the force. When he entered the tomb, he felt revived after just visiting Ilum for the crystals, and ventured further into the tomb looking a human skull for his sabers.

The tomb was rather dusty, but it's elegance still shown through as he walked on. Feeding his power via the darkside presence within the tomb, he searched for the skull, finding one to his liking not far ahead, a Jedi's skull. When he came upon the body of Shaela Nuur, he also found a small portion of phrik ore, which would prove useful for his sabers later on. Grabbing the skull and ore, placing both within the scatchel along with the components and crystals, he turned around and made his way back out into the Valley of the Sith Lords.

When he exited the tomb, he started making his way toward the old academy, hoping to find another skull near it's entrance, but felt a pull of Shaela's essence when he came near the shyrack cave. Following it's pull, he entered searching for whatever it was pulling toward. After a few turns he came upon another skull, and yet another Jedi's skull. reaching down, he picked up Duron Qel-Droma's skull as well before sitting down to begin his sabers constructions.

Building a fire from the Jedi's bones, he began to heat up the Phrik ore while he constructed the sabers casings and componants, as well as drilling the holes in the skulls so that they'd fit perfectly around the casing's handle. When the ore was hot and well melted, Oni cut his hand holed into the back of the skulls and dipped them into the hot ore using a bone that laid nearby and then placed them to the side to cool and dry as he finished up the lightsabers and installed the crystals.

Striking the sabers to life, he found himself pleased with the new green sabers encasing the whole room in their brilliant light, and once the skulls had dried, he too, placed the sabers into the holes he drilled and wielded them to the rapier sabers. Placing his hands into the holes he cut out for them, he weilded them around to test how they would handle, and found himself most pleased. With his sabers complete, and his mission at a end, he exited the cave and headed back toward his ship.

The planet was quiet, as it always was. A graveyard of the Sith, it had never encouraged any permanent settlement. The dusty, rocky planet held many memories for anyone that visited, and Sirvani was no exception.

She turned to her apprentice as she brought her ship down for a smooth landing on the surface. "Tell me, what do you know of this world?"

sirvani.jpg

Emily:"Were you a carrot?"

John: "No, I was more like celery."

"It was briefly mentioned in some of Oblivion's historical texts about ancient Sith Lords. This is where they made their temples I believe, other than that I don't know a whole lot."

Torin seemed a bit ashamed of not knowing as much about this world as he felt he should. He looked through the view port at the desolate world. The sun hung low in the sky. It was either early in the morning or late in the afternoon, but the amount of light was still great. The only thing that provided shadows were the bare hills that surronded the ship and blocked them from the immense desert beyond.

Although ashamed, Torin was eager to learn and looked back to his master as if to request the knowledge she possessed of this mysterious place.

Torin.jpg

Anathema paused. "There is no need to be ashamed, apprentice, of your ignorance. I do not expect you to be omniscient."

She knew that was different than many of the rest of her brethern, but to her, an apprentice was still a living being, not someone whom could be expected to instantly know everything. That was one of the reasons they were all apprenticed under masters in the first place.

"Korriban is the most ancient of Sith worlds. Many believe the original Sith species originated here, although it has been so long since the extinction of the race that there is no way to tell for sure. There have been many battles fought here, and this is the Sith graveyard, the resting place of thousands of great Sith Lords."

She paused, motioning to a large entrance carved out of the surrounding rock face. "Many had enormous, elaborate tombs carved for them, where they were laid to rest, often times surrounded by artifacts from their life. Sometimes their spirits still haunt the tombs and canyons, wandering forever."

She glanced away from the tomb and towards Torin. "Now, it is still an abandoned world. But Korriban also holds something of even greater value--lightsaber crystals."

She stopped in front of an entrance to a small cave. A stench wafted from the opening. "That is your task, apprentice. Find and retrieve your crystals, as well as the parts you need to craft a lightsaber. There is a lot of old wreckage here that provides perfect pieces for the weapon."

Sirvani gave him a commanding look. "Go."

((3 posts please ))

sirvani.jpg

The apprentice turned from his master saying not a word. He merely disappeared into the darkness of the cave with feelings of excitement and fear boiling within his belly. Sirvani was direct in her command. Go, and find the means to create yourself. That is what she was saying to the young Sith, and that is how Torin understood her words.

He had spent a great deal of time reading about the Force User's weapon of choice, the lightsaber. He had read about the men who had mastered the weapon, Exar Kun and Darth Maul. He had dreamed of defeating a foe in lightsaber combat, and now he was taking his first step towards the creation of his own specialized weapon.

He walked into the darkness carrying only the Sith blade Oblivion had given him, and his empty brown satchel. Sirvani still had his two stones.

”œA crystal I must find,”

Torin.jpg

Sirvani watched him go, confident that he would succeed. For now though, there was somewhere she must go. The Force and memory showed her feet the way, and she soon found herself in the same holocron center she had visited oh-so-long ago.

Lowering herself to the ground, she activated the holocron, and watched as the image of the famous Jedi appeared. The family resemblance was close enough to set her heart aching again. She didn't ask anything of the holocron, but merely stared at the image.

Eventually, she spoke. "Why? If this was the path he was supposed to take, why did it have to end in tragedy?"

The hologram made no response, which was no surprise. However, she felt the buzzing in her mind that she knew was the influence of the persistant, often annoying, spirits that haunted this world. She slowly entered a trance, and two figures appeared before her.

The man grinned at her. "Talking to yourself? You're just like him."

The old woman berated him. "Didn't you hear anything she just said? Tragedy? Why are you here, girl?"

Sirvani remained impassive. "Well, obviously I'm here because my apprentice is off forging a lightsaber."

Qel-Droma laughed, but the woman frowned. "You know what I mean. Why are you here, and why are you here alone? Where is he?"

"You're spirits. Shouldn't you know?"

"Now that's just going too far," Qel-Droma moaned. "Reminding us that we're dead...that's just not nice. Even for a Sith."

"He's...dead."

Qel-Droma frowned, all trace of humor suddenly gone. "Dead? Are you sure?"

She gave him a look.

"Okay, okay. But where is he?"

"Corellia."

Qel-Droma frowned. "You should have brought him here. He would be at peace here."

"He disappeared. He vanished into the Force."

It was the woman's turn to speak. "Then...shouldn't you be able to speak to him, like you're speaking to us now?"

Hope sprung into Sirvani's heart for the first time in what felt like years. "How? How do I do it?"

sirvani.jpg

The tunnel became smoothly rounded as if this part of the cave had been carved by hands. Torches hung on the walls to light the apprentice's path. He moved through the shadows focusing on the Force around him so as not to be caught unaware a second time, but he was”¦

Torin turned a corner and before him stood an old grey haired human with a hunched back, wearing soiled rags to cover his grotesque and deformed body. The old man appeared to be standing guard to an old swinging bridge that spanned a deep chasm.

”œStop!”

Torin.jpg

"Reach out to him. While his final resting place was Corellia, he should be able to meet you here...," the old woman encouraged her.

Sirvani fell deeper into her trance. Spurred by hope and an overwhelming desire to see him again, she reached into the vastness of space. Her power expanded, searching, seeking out the one person in the universe who could make her truly happy again. She sensed Emily's presence, and briefly caressed her mind, then moved on. She 'visited' all the places he had ever wandered in life...and found nothing.

Frustrated, she cried out, his name echoing across the galaxy in people's subconcious. And suddenly, she pulled back.

"You said you'd always be there for me..." she whispered. "If the Force is everywhere, in everything and everyone...then why aren't you here with me? I control the Force, and you became the Force...It doesn't make sense. What did I do to deserve this?"

She was rambling, having lost all control by this new disappointment. She couldn't sense the presence of the woman or Qel-Droma anymore, but doubted they had left her for good. As if in response to that, she 'felt' a hand on her shoulder.

"It's not your fault. He passed the way of his master before him. Do you remember what Tarrian told you?"

Sirvani did remember now. Tarrian had been through the same thing. Her and Bishop were married, then...what was it she had said? "Bishop was not what he seemed in the end. I thought our love would bind us together forever, but something took him over that love. No, it was not another woman, but the Force itself... The Force can be a bitter mistress."

There was much more truth in Tarrian's words now that Sirvani had experienced the same thing herself. She should have taken the wiser Stih's words as a warning, but she had ignored it. Even at that time, when she was sure John held her in no regard, she had been so much in love with him that she, too, had believed their love to be invincible.

But, she realized slowly, there was a lesson she could yet learn from Tarrian. She had kept going. She had moved on. She had followed the path of the Sith and pushed on.

Sirvani nodded to the two spirits. "Thank you. If either of you hear anything from him..."

"We'll let you know," Qel-Droma replied. "You are, after all, part of the family now, Mrs. Skywalker, and family looks out for each other."

She gave him a weak smile, and he vanished, the old woman who had visited Sirvani every time she had come to this planet quickly following suit, leaving her once again alone. This time, however, she felt stronger, like there was something sustaining her.

Reaching out in the Force, she checked on the progress of her padawan...

sirvani.jpg

Confidence raged throughout the young apprentice. He was succeeding fairly easily with this task. Sure, he had been swallowed by a giant slug and his master would probably find him to be rather disgusting smelling when he returned, but he would return and with his prize. Yet one item still remained to be found.

He was now back tracking, walking back towards the entrance of the cave. His feet fell into a large room that he had sped through previously. The room was dimly lit like most of the hallways in this section of the cave, and there was an entrance on either side. Torin once again walked directly through the room not noticing much about it, but as he started to step through the exit a large stone slammed down blocking his only escape and the same happened at the door of which he had entered. It was at this moment that Torin felt the presence of something much darker than himself. He was no longer the only wielder of the Force within the room.

Dirt shifted in the center of the room revealing tiles on the floor. They spun and slid out of the way, and from the floor emerged a tomb. Torin's eyes widened with amazement at the sight. The lights in the room flickered out of existence, the ground shook with power, and his flesh became ice cold. The burial chamber opened up, spreading apart its doors like some great bird would its wings. Within Torin could see what he needed lying on the floor of the sarcophagus, but he was now peering through an entity.

”œWho dares to disturb the supreme Dark Lord's slumber?”

Torin.jpg

There was now nothing left to be said. Sirvani was alone in the room, and could sense Torin's completion of his task. So she rose and walked slowly from the room. Pausing at the entrance, she looked back just as the image of the famous Jedi faded. Her lekku twitched once in remembrance, then she turned her back to the room. Sealing it, she headed silently back to the ship, drinking in the constant presence of the Dark Side on the planet as she did so. There were things left to be done, and an apprentice with a lust issue to deal with.

She found him waiting for her, pieces in hand. "First, tell me what you learned," she commanded, "then, forge your weapon."

sirvani.jpg

Like a mangy dog that has rolled in something awful, Torin apparently thought his putrid perfume was enjoyed by the opposite sex. His master appeared in front of him and he suddenly remembered how beautiful she was. He had just succeeded at the first part of his task and in his mind it was time to celebrate, but she had asked him a question.

The young boy thought, "It was a difficult task, but it gave me a chance to apply all that you have taught me to real life situations, and through those experiences I learned that with the Force as a tool there are many means to an end."

He was curious about what else he should tell her. He didn't want her to know about his cowardly behavior, but he knew he had to tell her about the Force Ghost. "There was something else. I met a Dark Lord. He didn't mention his name, but it was from him that I recieved the last piece I needed, the focusing lens."

"He taught me something I think is very important," he cleared his throat, "he taught me that fear is my ally both as the fuel for my deliverance and also as a weapon against my enemies."

He felt slightly embarassed leaving out how the Dark Lord had taught him such a lesson, but he moved on with all that had happened, "There was also a creature. It was strange. I was very aware of the Force at the time, but I could not feel the animal, which was odd because it was so large. It was like a massive slug, and" he laughed, "is the reason I smell so horrible. I kind of let it swallow me," he said with a smile on his face. "What type of creature has no Force signature? I thought everything in the universe was part of the Force and could be felt through the Force?"

He stood in front of Sirvani holding the pieces of his puzzle, admiring her beauty, but more understanding and sympathetic towards her pain after their last indepth discussion. As he stood there he looked into her eyes and knew that something had changed about her while he had been off having his adventure. He was blinded by his selfishness, but that's a sith for you.

And as a selfish Sith, he abrubtly asked the question, "What happened to you while I was gone?"

Torin.jpg

"There are no creatures in our galaxy that are immune to the Force," Sirvani responded. "There are those that have strong resistance to it, and there are those that are adept at hiding themselves in the Force. There are even the ysalamiri, who create a bubble around them that blocks the Force. But every creature has some kind of Force signature--you just can't tell sometimes. It's a defense mechanism. Considering that there are animals throughout the galaxy who use the Force to hunt, it is a very good defense."

She felt like there was something he was not telling her, but let it pass. She assumed he had done something he was ashamed of. As long as he had learned his lesson, she wasn't particular on how he learned it.

His last question caused her to answer him with a cold glare. "Nothing. I spoke with several of the kooky ghosts that inhabit this world. That is all."

She could feel triumph radiating off him in the Force. "It is not time to celebrate. Now the real test begins, Torin. Create your lightsaber. Listen to the Force, and it will direct you--or dominate it and force it to bend to your will. The choice is yours, and either way, your lightsaber will be crafted. If your control is not strong enough yet, you will fail, and the weapon will blow up in your hands. But if you have listened to what I have taught you, then you will not fail."

sirvani.jpg

He knew by the look she had directed towards him not to mention her business here on Korriban again. It was an emotionless stare coupled with a sarcastic remark that warned against prying into her personal matters.

After her harsh and direct statements Torin knew his master was not playing games. He simply listened to her commands, nodded, and said, "Yes master."

He took the pieces he had found back into the nearby cave. There would be no better place to create his weapon than in the crystal cave where only darkness and the Force reigned.

Once surronded by the formations that would fuel the power for his weapon, Torin sat the pieces on the ground before him, kneeled down onto the ground, and began to mediatate on the Force. It was not hard to find the mystical energy within such a place, but to construct his first lightsaber Torin knew he would have to be perfectly centered within the Force. He had read about the construction of lightsabers and the difficulty that it took to create the ancient weapons. He also remembered the words of his former master, Oblivion:

"Lightsabers... You must understand one thing about them. They are and forever shall be a Jedi's weapon. As many Sith may wield the crimson blade, it does not condone with my teachings; the teachings of olde lore. If your heart is telling you to wield it, so be it. But you shall find no help from me. I rather there be none such weapons at all... The act of creating metal and forging it with one's own hands is more powerful of an experience then any."

All of the teaching Torin had endured over the past months was in preperation for this moment, but this moment was not about the lightsaber, or the weapon, Master Oblivion was right. This moment was about Torin understanding, controling, and harnessing the powers of the Force. This moment was about growth and becoming a Sith. Torin remembered his reply to his former master,

"It is not the lightsaber I desire Master, but the power."

That is what this moment was about for Torin. This moment symbolized his control of a great power, but also his progression forward in the teachings of the Sith. Perhaps the lightsaber was a Jedi weapon, but when forged by the mind of a Sith the weapon could be turned into an agent of the darkside, and that afterall was the purpose of the Sith: to turn the galaxy to the side of darkness and destroy the light.

Torin would begin the process by following in his first master's footsteps. He would use his hands to forge his own unique hilt. Oblivion's lessons were perfect preperation for this step of the process. Torin reached out into the cave and searched the Force rich area for the tools that he would need. He brought the fuel together, piled it properly, and then with the Force he struck two rocks together igniting a fire. He removed the internal workings of the hilt he had found within the Taozin, then levitated the cool silver metal into the blazing flames.

Torin then searched the flames with his Force sense and found a way to intensify the heat. He reached out to each individual molecule within the chemical reaction, and with his abilities he moved the atoms around faster and faster, thus creating kinetic energy and heat. The metal boiled and liquified. Now it was time for Torin to follow in the path of the brethren that had come before him. He placed his hands within the fire, but the Force protected him from the heat. With his bare hands, as Oblivion had stated, Torin forged the hilt of his weapon sculpting and molding the liquified metal into his ideal shape, a thin long slinder tube. With the Force he held the liquid together, and then once the desired shape was created the apprentice pulled his creation from the fire, holding it in his hands, and attempted to slow the movement of the molecules within the metal.

While the firelight bounced off the walls of the cave, Torin allowed his work of art to cool...

((Three more posts ))

Torin.jpg

((No, it doesn't matter. Do it in however many you want.))

Sirvani watched him go, remembering when she built her first lightsaber, and the excitement she had felt. I was young back then, she thought wistfully. And the galaxy was a much simpler place.

Shrugging the thoughts away, she headed to one of the two practice rooms on her ship. Taking out her own lightsaber, she set herself to practicing against holoprojections. It wasn't as fulfilling as fighting a live being, but she set them high enough that they posed something of a challenge. Honing her Form VII, she quickly worked up a sweat.

sirvani.jpg

The hours stretched out and the fire grew weaker. Soon all was once again dark in the cave with nothing but ashes and the smell of smoke present in the room. Torin sat in deep meditation, focusing on the hilt he had formed, but now that the metal had cooled and the hilt had frozen into a permanent form it was time to begin work on the interior parts of his tool.

Much like the excercise with Sirvani and her marbles, Torin focused on the small individual pieces that would make up the electrical parts of his lightsaber. One by one the componets, such as the emitter matrix, focusing lens, and power cell, floated up and hovered a few inches off of the ground. This was possibly the most important part of the process. If each part was not installed properly the whole weapon could explode the second Torin ignited the blade. He searched each piece with the Force gathering a molecular understanding of the compents.

The process took hours. Hours of which Torin focused hard on properly installing each componet, but hours during which this ritual made him think about the nature of the Force, the Sith, and the Jedi. The process he was undertaking was one primarily instituted by the Jedi, knowledge that made Torin sick. He hated the Jedi and their ways. They were a waste of talent and should be eradicated from the Force. That is why Torin made sure to construct his weapon in the way of the Sith.

He intended for the sword to operate for a Sith. It would symbolize his power and control over the world and eventually galaxy. Its construction would be perfect and exactly how he intended. It would not be a tool created by the Force, but a tool created with his own control of the Force. With it he would impose his own will upon those who stood against him, and perhaps Oblivion's theory that lightsabers are too much of a Jedi weapon was correct, but for Torin the lightsaber was a way to strike back at those who were hypocrits, those who had power yet allowed others to suffer, and those which claimed to work for the common good but hid away from the galaxy in their temples. The Jedi to Torin were just as evil as he someday hoped to be, so perhaps it was fitting that his tool was in a distant way modeled after his opposition.

With the Force Torin connected the pieces, welding the wires to each compoent through a manipulation of the atoms in each piece. He abilities with the Force were not complex. He could not summon Force lightning or other elements, but his control over the Force was hieghtening. It was much easier for him to reach out with his darkness and grasp what he wanted, move it where he wanted, or make whatever it was do what he wanted.

Once the pieces were in place it took even longer to connect them and perfect them. Torin ignored safety percautions. He had his own reasons for wanting his blade to ignite easily and never turn off unless he commanded it, but once he was finished with the electrical scientific part of the process, the apprentice had a tool that lacked only the magical element, the crystal...

Torin.jpg