Korriban

Exodus

In combat, there was no need to think. She simply acted, defending herself, but mostly attacking, destroying attacker after attacker. She had been honed in this skill, and while she didn't consider herself a member of the warrior class, she was very good.

Finishing one enemy off with a burst of flame from her palm, she torched another with a second burst. Pausing the program, she wiped the sweat from her forehead. Intrenching herself in the Force, she refreshed herself, marvelling once more at the limitless stores of potential the Dark Side offered her.

Suddenly, she felt a prodding of the Force. An idea sparked in her mind with that prodding, and unpausing the program, she concentrated and released a deadly spray of lightning from her fingertips. Grinning, she grabbed hold of the Force and practiced this new-found power, honing it and directing it where she wanted it to go. She found it was easier if she took a blaster hit occasionally and sucked in the energy of the blast.

She continued to practice, waiting for Torin.

sirvani.jpg

Emily:"Were you a carrot?"

John: "No, I was more like celery."

Perfection. That was what Torin had to achieve during this process, but not only that, he had to achieve perfection when he didn't know completely how. Wiring all of the electrical componets together was different. It is easy to connect wires and hook gadgets to gizmos, but perfectly centering a crystal with the Force when there is no clear description of what perfect is can be slightly difficult.

This process took time, control, and for once the ability to listen to the Force. Typically, listening was a Jedi trait. Perhaps that was why Oblivion discouraged the use and creation of lightsabers. When forging something with the Force everything is controlled by the forger, but in the process of centering a focusing crystal the forger must listen and relinquish some control. Torin wrapped his mind around the crystal. It emitted Force energy like nothing else Torin had ever felt. It was as if it was a direct connection to the Force.

Deeper and deeper into meditation the apprentice went, searching the crystal inside and out and becoming one with its properties. Gradually the rock lifted off of the ground. Then small storms of sand from the cave's floor flew at the rock bashing against its rough edges and perfectly polishing its sides. The crystal all but disappeared from sight within the tiny dust storms until a strong red light began to glow from within the cloud. More and more the beams of light pierced through the dark cloud lighting the room with brilliant red and white light.

The sand lost its power and fell to the floor, but in the air hung a brilliantly polished and perfectly shaped stone sligtly smaller than a human's eye ball. With his eyes closed but able to see perfectly, and without the use of his physical hands, Torin placed the stone in its proper place. It took a great deal of adjustment to finally center the stone properly, and once it was finished Torin closed his lightsaber's case and sealed it shut. His weapon was complete.

The apprentice opened his eyes, not really believing that he had finished building his first lightsaber. The red light had disappeared when he had closed the case of his new weapon and it was once again dark in the room. He stood up and brought the lightsaber to his hand with the Force. It was time to show his master.

He left the cave, trying all the while to hide his Force signature as best as he could. His ability would probably not hide his presence from his master, but if she were not searching for him and if he could hide himself well enough in Korriban's own strong Force presence perhaps he could surprise her with his appearance.

He stepped into the door of the training room only to see Sirvani displaying her near flawless abilities with a lightsaber. Her back was to him, so as a Sith, Torin leapt towards her with all the power of the Force he could control. While in the air, the apprentice ignited his weapon for the first time. A long bright streak of red cut through the air and came crashing down towards Sirvani...

Torin.jpg

The Force alerted her the instant before his blade came crashing down. She quickly flipped forward, moving herself out of the danger zone, and brought her own blade up to meet his.

They clashed, red on silver. For a moment, the two met each other's eyes. She could see the triumph in Torin's eyes that his lightsaber hadn't blown up in his face. He was prideful and arrogant...but those qualities were common in Sith. Sirvani had been the same way once. It was the nature of the power the Dark Side offered. It was so strong, that once an apprentice learned to control it, even to a small degree, the pride and arrogance came with it.

Sirvani broke the lock, bringing her blade low, aimed at taking Torin's feet off at the ankles. Assuming he would jump over her blade, she reversed it at the last second, bringing it high where his head would be.

sirvani.jpg

As a Sith Master, Darth Anathema knew how to play her cards properly. She perfectly anticipated Torin's reaction to her attack, being the young arrogant apprentice which he was, he leapt into the air, but she was still the master. Her change of direction caught Torin off gaurd and before he could make another move Sirvani's blade was on a collision course with his face.

She's actually going to hit me with that thing! he thought in astonishment.

It was all Torin could do to quickly summon the Force to his aid. He shoved his master back, not throwing her off her feet, but pushing her far enough away so that Torin barely felt the heat emitting off of her lightsaber. It was a bold move from the apprentice, and he knew it as he fell backwards laughing, stumbling to regain his balance.

"You are faster than I thought master. I guess I should learn not to underestimate you."

His laughing ceased and he once again charged Sirvani, locking blades a second time. He had no realistic goals in mind. He was simply wanting to test his new weapon, "So what do you think of my creation?" Torin's nose brushed Sirvani's and a rush of testorene filled his body. Even in battle it was hard to forget his lust.

Torin.jpg

"People underestimate me all the time," Sirvani grunted a reply. "Even other Masters."

As she got up from the ground, Torin charged her again, and Sirvani met his blade with her own. They were close, and all Sirvani could see was the glow of the crashing blades, and Torin's intense eyes. "It works," she replied to his question. She lifted her face up towards him temptingly. "Remember, a lightsaber is a tool. The Dark Side is your true weapon."

With that, she summoned the Force to push him away, sending him flying back. Disengaging her blade, she used the Force to lift him in the air. An invisible hand grasped his throat and slowly began to squeeze. She wanted to test him, to push him to his limits. To survive the fight, he'd have to break through whatever was left that was holding him back...

sirvani.jpg

The sweet savory smell of her breath, the heat that warmed his cheeks as she spoke, the depth of her mysterious eyes, it all sent tingles down Torin's spine. He forgot about the clashing lightsabers and the anger that fueled his drive to overcome. Her tantalizing seductive nature captivated him, making him lose control.

That was the moment that he flew backwards towards the ground then jerked skywards, dropping his lightsaber. The red blade hummed and scarred the floor as it lay upon the ground. Torin clawed at his kneck, desperately searching for air. Sirvani's death grip was nearly too much for the apprentice to overcome.

He began to wheeze and hiss. His legs dangled and kicked while he struggled to free himself. Only a few more minutes would he survive, but She wouldn't actually let me die? Would she?

His blood shot eyes looked to hers for some sign, some glint of evidence that she shared his feelings, that she wouldn't actually kill him, but in all his searching he knew the same passion did not exist, and if it did she hid it so deep that it would never surface.

Jealousy, hatred, frustration. All such feelings surged forth from Torin, now kicking with all his might struggling to get air.

He saw his blade lying on the ground still glowing and hissing. The Dark Side is your true weapon. Your lightsaber is merely a tool....

So use that tool.

The blade did not rattle or shake on the ground. It didn't take Torin a split second to conjure the Force to his side. He simply reached out, grabbed the hilt of his weapon with the Force, and threw it with blinding speed at his master. Her blade was no longer ignited. She would have only her rapid instincts with the Force to protect herself, but Torin cared not. The energy flowing through him, keeping him alive under her crushing grip, was all that he longed for now.

Torin.jpg

Through much patience and deliberation, the presence of a single unmarked ship adorned with onyx hued armor could be witnessed scorching through the skies above the planet of Korriban. No second was wasted, however, as the wreckless path taken quickly reverted into a graceful landing upon one of the many platforms that dot the terrain around the main temple. Arising from the now stationary vehicle, a single man descended down the small ladder leading down to the ground, his long silver locks of hair moving with the sudden brushes of wind that seemed to frequent the hallowed grounds of Korriban. Fit with a large cloak to endure such currents, the eerie silhoutte of a man paced forth inside without any hesitation.

Cloaked in darkness, the many senses which grew from its likeness were aroused and teemed within him. Invisible pathways revealed, he need only feel his way through the long stretches of corrdiors and walkways to find what he rightfully had been searching for. Desolate grey orbs gazed from the shadow, quietly observing the pace in which the battle grew between master and apprentice. Folding his arms humbly within his cloak, Oblivion cared to vigilantly view the spectacle until this very moment where the lightsaber had been flung towards the direction of its aim.

Withdrawing a hand from his side, his palm turned slowly upwards and called upon the darkness to cease its course. Visible tentacles of blackened mass formed around the shaft, enveloping the weapon in its entirity as the man began to reveal himself from the shadow's veil.

"My, my, what have we here," It was obvious in his mannerisms and the way his outstretched hand still seemed to move back and forth that he could, in a sense, feel the weapon even from a distance.

"...Hardy frame, a solid core which burns of vigor; this is in no doubt the work of one who strives for power and has grown greatly in such noble a conquest."

Guiding the weapon back to its rightful owner, Oblivion lowered his head in the fellow presence of the Sith Master's own direction before calmly stating in a warm tone, "I must apologize for my interruption, but I felt no better time as to. You have done much to cull the talents of the boy, to which I saw before, into being during my absence. To those ends, I owe you a deal of gratitude for your efforts, Sirvani..."

Oblivion.jpg

”œAll worlds begin in darkness. In darkness, all worlds shall end.”

She had felt Oblivion's presence long before he had spoken, but had not paid any attention to him. There were many Sith coming and going on the planet. It wasn't until he interrupted the flow of their duel that she turned to face him, releasing her Force grip on Torin.

His words reminded her that Torin wasn't truly her apprentice. It struck her as almost odd, as she had begun to think of him that way. Shrugging, she gave him a nod in return. "Of course."

Turning to Torin, she clipped her lightsaber back on her belt. "Your weapon is elegantly crafted, and your skills honed. You still have weakness in you. I am a weakness for you. Clear your mind, focus on your emotions and the Dark Side. Otherwise, a Jedi will find you easy prey."

She paused. "But as far as I am concerned, you have proven yourself to be worthy of membership in the Order. Continue to learn and expand your horizons. Think outside the box, and build control of the Force."

She raised an eyebrow. "You have passed my final tests, but you still have a way to go. Remember that, and you will not fail...Lord Thard."

sirvani.jpg

Torin struck the ground and fell to a knee as he attempted to regain his breath. His blade had stopped in mid-flight, not reaching its target due to interference by none other than Torin's original master. The apprentice was in shock. He had started to feel forsaken by Oblivion, as if he had been tossed aside to a lesser master. For a while it was hard for the boy to overcome such feelings. It was not until Sirvani had demonstrated her power that Torin had known she was Oblivion's equal.

Words of praise however boosted Torin's confidence. He was facing death before Oblivion's arrival, but now he was dealing with acclamation.

"Remember that, and you will not fail...Lord Thard."

"Yes master." A simple response to strong words. Torin remained on a knee bowing to the two members of the Sith which he respected and looked to as examples of what he should some day be. Lord? Had he done it? Was that all there was to gaining the rank of Lord? He had not expected it to have come so suddenly, but saw it fitting to recieve the title while in the presence of both of his masters. Sirvani had given him the tools and Oblivion the ideals. It was the mixture of their knowledge that kneeled before the two Sith Masters. A testament to their control and persistence in the ways of the Force.

"I will not fail either of you." He disengaged his lightsaber.

Torin.jpg

Upon seeing the knelt form of the newly Lorded Sith, he had reflected back to that same moment where such honor was bestowed to him once before. There was no doubt that his former apprentice would live up to the title, having realized that long ago. It had to have taken a great deal of talent, by any means, to attract his attention from such lengths across the galaxy for them to have met.

"...Take heed, Lord Thard, to these words," Oblivion began to reinterate from her speech, "Remember the fate of your ancestors... Never let go of the same will that has bound you, in turn, to them... This path is now yours. Allow your knowledge to be the instrument of your will that extends from the darkness. With it, any means are possible."

Relaxing a bit more in his pose, allowing the cloak to further drape across his lowered shoulders, the man's eyes turned to meet Sirvani's own, "This meeting is also of no coincidence. I have come to speak with you on many matters dealing beyound these grounds... Once you are finished, I request your presence in the sanctuary. There I will be waiting... Good day."

As wind cuts the stilled air, so too did his form seem to retract and disappear beyond the encompassing light and withdrew back to the source of the shadows. Just as he had stated, he would then remerge later in the large sanctuary of the Sith temple. Seated below a mass of crimson lit candles, his face turned towards the dark tainted glass which towered over him, the man closed his eyes in deep concentration as he waited.

Oblivion.jpg

"Well then, Torin," Sirvani said after Oblivion's disappearance. "Is there anything else you wish to say before we part? I do not know when the Force will have our paths cross again."

She didn't really know what to expect from her--now former--apprentice. It was interesting to see the affect of his new title on him, and with that, she wondered at what his reaction would be. He had remained uncharacteristically reserved in Oblivion's presence.

However, she wanted to part with Torin on friendly terms; that is, as much as 'friendly' could be applied to inter-Sith relations. For that, she offered him the chance to speak to her one last time, before their paths dispersed. Then she would go speak with Oblivion.

sirvani.jpg

Torin stood and walked towards his former master, still somewhat amazed that his training was finished, but proud of himself and his accomplishments. It had been only a slight bit more than a year since he had escaped slavery, but now he was a Sith Lord.

"There is nothing. You have taught me well." He stood less than an arm's length from his weakness, but was beginning to realize he would never have her. Her heart would always belong to another. "Who knows when we'll meet again, but perhaps the next time I will be your equal, or maybe even your master."

Part of Torin wanted to grab Sirvani and engage her in a celebratory act of passion, but her last instructions had warned him to maintain control. After their final encounter, Torin hungered for the Force only. The desire for his master remained, but no longer did it exist as an unquenchable thirst. She had been the cause of the transformation. By overpowering him, Sirvani had made Torin's obessessions turn more towards the Force than any other object in the galaxy, including herself.

"For now I have control of myself once again, but perhaps someday, somewhere, some other woman will divert my attention the same as you have, or perhaps one day that woman will be you." Torin nodded to Sirvani demonstrating his respect, "I am now a Sith, but that does not mean that I cannot wish a friend goodluck in whatever endeavors she may undertake, so goodluck and goodbye."

Torin turned to leave her ship but stopped slightly curious, "How exactly am I supposed to get off this planet if not with you? Am I supposed to catch a ride with Oblivion, or is it part of my final trial to form a ship out of all the dust on this planet and use the Force to power myself around the galaxy?"

Torin.jpg

She was proud of him. He had proven himself worthy, if only even in these past few minutes.

She smiled at his last question. "That always seems to be a question. In fact, you have several options. The Link provides transport to anyone stranded on any world. Or you can use my comm systems to order a ship and have it delivered here. Or...there is a speeder in the cargo hold. You can wander the planet, searching for an abandoned ship." She shrugged.

"If you want to take it, you can."

She gave him a nod. "See you around the galaxy, then, Torin."

With that, she left the ship, grabbing a cloak on the way out. As she walked, she dusted off the short top and skin-tight cut-off pants that she always wore and put the cloak on. The sun was going down and the planet was getting cold. It was only a few minutes before she arrived at the temple.

Making her way into the inner sanctuary, she found Oblivion meditating. The mood was somber, yet peaceful, and she sat down cross-legged beside him. She said nothing, but waited for him to speak his mind.

sirvani.jpg

Torin too grabbed a black cloak and wrapped it around himself. Her answer had not been extremely hopeful. He had wanted her to say that he could catch a ride with her or Oblivion, but they seemed to have more important matters to discuss. Uhmph, Masters, he thought.

He did however take her advice in regards to the speeder. He unloaded the vehicle and powered it up. If he were going to leave this Sith sanctuary he would first need to know where to go. There was no point in leaving a place of such power unless he first understood what his purpose was to be. The speeder screeched across the barren surface of Korriban carrying the new Sith Lord on its back. He pushed the machine to its limit, taking in the pure excitment and danger that piloting the machine at break-neck speeds induced. Torin found a certian thrill in fear. It was as if the universe never was truly alive unless something was sparking the slightest bit of fear within his mind. It hieghtened the senses, made a person sweat, and fueled his power. Fear would become a great tool to him in the future.

He stopped the speeder on the edge of a high cliff that overlooked the deserts of Korriban. Behind him was the Valley of the Lords and in front a great nothingness. The sun was setting and darkness was starting to engulf the planet. He still didn't quite understand how he would get off of Korriban without the aid of Oblivion, but for now that was not his most pressing concern. He dismounted the speeder and sat down, crossing his legs, on a large boulder. Stretching out with his emotions, Torin pulled the Force to himself gaining an awareness of the area around him.

He was now on his own. Any progression he now made would depend on his own desires and effort. No longer would he have a Master to stand and watch over him, to guide his ambitions, or to escort him through life. For the first time in his life Torin was truly free, and it was from this vantage point that he hoped to gain insight into his future. It was the way of the Sith to search the Force for the future. Often times the energy from which Sith summon their power would reveal events and times that had not yet occured. It was those events or some other direction from the Force which Torin sought.

Torin.jpg

Though no hinged door remained open or window cracked, there still remained the unsettling current of wind that seemed to plague the very core of the temple's structure. Ominous presences brought forth over the years had created such an impression that those who were not of the very nature of the darkness were cursed to perish in its presence. It was the solitary spot that remained safe to reveal information which proved entirely useful for the situation the Sith Master now was faced with.

Having heard her slip by, he made no motion of stirring until moments after she had settled down. Revealing his eyes slowly, purposefully, his gaze fell upon her as the crimson filled light highlighted every long and slender feature of his face. A delicate chime of sounds could be overheard as well, although never enough to fully interrupt the quiet surronding.

"Splendid, you have arrived earlier then I had expected," It seemed obvious her opinion to remain quiet for the meantime, always freely capable to endulge in lengthy conversations if need be himself, "Before I begin, I must ask you one small humble question."

The tips of his fingers grasped the cusps of two ornate cups, melded and refined by the work of metallurgy and alchemy combined to create such beauty and craftsmenship. He laid them out and poured within both a sample of boiling hot liquid from a kettle. The drink was clear in colour, but had a strong sense of smell added to the mixture.

"...Have you any idea as to why I am here? Why I have searched for you?"

He made no hesitation into seizing his own cup, hastefully drinking of the liquid, and set it back down in its former place. It was clear he wished to set an example by showing that there was no foul play in the gesture, keeping a straight and reposed posture all the while.

Oblivion.jpg

She watched as he poured the cups, then drank his hastily, listening to his question. The Force seemed amplified in this place, the focusing point of thousands of Sith going back an equal number of years.

She reached for the cup and took a sip. The steaming hot liquid had a curious taste to her, but felt good slipping down her throat. She drank some more, then finally turned to face the other Sith Master.

"No," she said, "I do not know. You said you wanted to discuss something with me, and I can sense that it is something very important, but other than that, your purpose remains hidden from me."

Finishing whatever liquid was in the delicate cup, she set it back down and waited for Oblivion's next words. She felt at ease for the first time in a long time. The surroundings gave her a feeling of untapped power rushing beneath the surface--a feeling she often had of herself.

sirvani.jpg

A very light bob of his head signified that he understood, having the desired answer laid out for him. The sanctuary held many benefactors in the darkside that, in great numbers, was easily able to conceal the rawest of emotions. It was to this effect that he wanted the scenario to play out, though remaining outwardly calm and hospitable. The tea secured this feeling further, already noticing the soothing effects to his guest.

"Yes, you are correct in assuming that it is important information. The fact of the matter comes with our now former Dark Lord..." A small bit of destain in his voice was exacted when speaking, "...The trinity has failed under his hands and my judgement was not acknowledged. It brings me deep shame to have commited to the act after what has been said and done. The future of this order has changed hands to a new partner; a woman I am not aware of. From what I have heard of her has been the same ruthlessness and cunning that seems to attribute to all successful Lords one way or another."

Filling either of their drinks to the brim once more, he let the steam rise from the cup and let the moisture soak into the palm of his hand before examining it with intrigue.

"...I am left with mixed feelings. I am unsure whether my guidance as an advisor will still play out or if it is something within myself that leads to these events becoming they way they often do. You are the only one who I feel comfortable in revealing such sensitive information... After all, you have been with me from the very beginning."

Oblivion.jpg

She pondered what he had said. The news that Montar was overthrown was interesting. She hadn't heard of any activity from him, but he was not a weak man. This new Dark Lord must have been either very strong, or very tricky.

"So you are feeling misused," she said after a moment. "You've gained power, and now you are afraid to lose it. It is natural. The only step you can take forward now is to become the Dark Lord yourself."

She paused. She knew Oblivion very well, and had known him a long time. He himself had pointed that out. She knew he desired to learn more about the Force, to gain greater understanding of how to use and manipulate it. And, deep down, every Sith knew that the ultimate view into the Force came in the position of the most power. Even the Jedi knew that.

"If this new Dark Lord doesn't respect your wisdom...she is a fool. The trinity was put in place to guide our Order in the best possible paths. To perpetuate darkness throughout the galaxy. If she is a fool, then perhaps she is not suited to her new title..."

Her voice trailed off. "Of course, I don't even know who she is."

She took a sip of her replenished tea and raised her eyebrows at Oblivion.

sirvani.jpg

The darkness of the setting sun guided Torin's thoughts. It was fitting that one day was passing and a new one was about to begin. The apprentice had just become a Lord, he had spent his life in servitude and now he was free. The setting sun, the passing of light into dark, was the current juncture that Torin found himself at in life. The first part of his life had come to an end and now it was time to figure out what direction the rest of his life would take.

He harnessed the energies of the Force and focused. He had broken his cravings for all other things besides the Force and the power that it provided. His only goal now was to perfect his abilities by consuming as much of the Force as he could. It had been his first lesson from Oblivion, but perhaps one of the most important; to remain gluttonous.

He fell into the surrounding darkness searching, listening, and feeling for his purpose. It was not long before Torin had left Korriban's setting sun and retreated to a far distant place, inaccessiable to all others except the new Sith Lord. It was in this place that he would not only recieve the knowledge of his destiny, but also witness his greatest fear.

The robed figure walked through the explosions and chaotic blaster fire unscathed to the bridge. Two heavy blast doors melted and fell away from the figure's unique lightsaber. Inside, another being stood, one that contrasted the aura produced by the first dark entity. Their power was equal but opposite. One stood, his mind clouded in darkness but in full control. The other was solid, the same as the first, but seemed full of light.

Red lightsaber clashed against green and an epic duel of fates began. The world around the two contestants disappeared, overshadowed by the energy being emitted from their contrasting spirits. Light and dark fused together, separated by only a thin line. It seemed that both individuals had the same goals but intended to achieve them through opposite means. The hooded figure was full of rage and fury. His style and form were excellent, perhaps a slight bit better than his counterpart, but the lighter being seemed more in control and despite being the weaker of the two fighters he remained allusive.

The first challenger had death and destruction as his focal point. He would risk all to defeat his opponent, but he did not seem out of place. Instead of diverting him from his path these dark feelings guided this individual and seemed to aid him in his struggle. However, his enemy, engulfed in the light, had a different idea. He looked more towards redemption, and while the darkness searched for the fears within the light, the light felt his way around for a peaceful solution; a way to turn his counterpart.

By chance the darkness made a mistake. He became too overzealous in his ambitions and found himself weaponless. This did not matter however for the dark passions fueled this individual and kept him fighting against the insurmountable odds, but the light had found his chance. He disabled the darkness, and calmed the rage within the beast. At this moment dark and light fused together, the darkness disappearing leaving only a great balanced energy.

Torin's eyes shot open just as the last bit of Sun receded beneath the horizon. Not even the dark desolation helped to calm his breathing. He had witnessed the future. He had witnessed himself as a Sith Warrior, being powerful beyond even his expectations, but still failing at his mission. Somehow the Jedi, although the weaker fighter, had overcome Torin's superiority, but not only that, the Jedi had turned Torin to the lightside of the Force. That will not do! thought the enraged Lord Thard.

He slid down to the ground and leaned his back against the boulder. He had witnessed his destiny, but he denied its eventual outcome. Never would he succumb to the weaknesses of the Jedi. Forever would he reign in the darkness of the universe drawing his power from his own desperation. It was not long before the young Sith Lord dozed off into a restless yet uneventful sleep. He would awake to a new dawn. A life of freedom. He now knew what he had to do with his gift. His next step would be finding a way off of Korriban.

Torin.jpg

Offering a solemn nod once more, an extended pause between his response this time, the man's eyes glanced back towards her image once again from underneath the lip of the cup.

"Indeed... She would have to be, for her sake. For now, I care not to speak much more of this topic. It was pertinent that I relay the message to you due to your situation and extended time period here."

Leaning in softly with one shoulder, increasing the proximity between them slightly with each gaining shift of his weight forward, his voice became more and more relaxed with warm by each breath.

"...I assume that my underling's performance has pleased you some. Your manner has changed since the last time we spoke on Kamino. You're much more sure about this path you lead now, more confident of yourself... I'm pleased."

Oblivion.jpg

Sirvani gave a small smirk and a twinkle of humor sparkled in her eyes. "I'm glad I passed your test."

She didn't think she had ever felt him this relaxed. It was good for him. He seemed so tense all the time, keeping up his mysterious front. "In all honesty, I am glad. You are a much better and more powerful Sith than I am. In teaching him, I was reminding myself."

She paused. He had a soothing feel to his presence that made her soften up. Perhaps it was the afteraffect of John having trained both of them, but there was an unmistakeable effect he had on her. What he said had always mattered to her, and his words always made her stop and think. She remembered a time when he had been openly predjudiced against non-humans, and it had hurt her more deeply than she liked to admit. But then she remembered other times, like on Kamino, where he had been the only person she could turn to.

sirvani.jpg

"As I expected you would," Steam began to roll up higher as the tip of the kettle craned downwards to fill both their glasses in kind, his eyes piercing through the hot air...

"I had taken on quite a few subjects to deal with in my time; only two nameable subjects prior having made any lasting impression on myself and my attitude towards life. This particular soul I knew would be of better use to you then ever the soul be to me."

A light chuckling sound followed after he had spoken, a sound so rarely uttered from his thin grey lips, "A scientist is always pleased to see his tests succeed."

Consuming his third portion of the scolding hot liquid, he lowered the glass gently by his side, as if signifying that the glass be cornered off to whoever cleaned the facilities after hours.

"You make the mistake in assuming my power over yours... As I recall, we have never matched wits or blade in combat ever before. We are both changed people, Sirvani... and I hope that is for the better."

Oblivion.jpg

"Perhaps your power is not greater than mine, but your word is much more respected," Sirvani replied, drinking her third cup of the steaming tea.

She swallowed the warm liquid. "Circumstances change us. Mold us. It is inescapable. I know I have been changed for good...if not for the better. Although I feel I have improved myself..."

Her voice trailed off again. Sitting here just talking to someone was something she hadn't done in a long time. Just a friendly chat. Not planning world or galaxial domination, not the talk of a student and a master. Just talk.

sirvani.jpg

"Perhaps that may be the motif for this discussion --," Spreading long across his fingers across the cold earth below, knees turned away from crossed ankles, his presence seemed to continually encroach the length between them. While feeling very inspired in the moment, he hastefully poured their glasses once more, holding the glass up high parallel to his vision.

"-- To the very nature which binds all those who follow the darkened path, let us give praise! For the persistance throughout the years, that element which makes us stronger then any foe, may the fiery breath of passion be filled in us all; the strength to continually move forward, towards self-improvement!"

The ceremonial toast was exclaimed with such vigor in his voice, feeling himself warmed by the very thoughts and words he spoke. By being close with the tendrils of the darkness for so long, the cold embrace of the shadows touch seemed intriguing in its mystery but never felt fully alive as being human. He was always considered by his peers and enemies alike as inhuman, a beast, a madman. Surrounded by the beauty of his guest, the warmth of the vast crimson coloured candles, his body began to sweat and turn away that pale fascade for one more matched to the cande lit fire.

Oblivion.jpg

She smiled at his toast. She never knew what to expect from him. He seemed...excited, passionate. "To self-improvement," she echoed.

She had never drank a toast with tea, and it amused her. "You know, it's good to see you again, Tethyn. It never seemed like we got to know each other. Perhaps we can start again...understand each other this time."

She paused. It was warm in here, a sharp contrast to the chill setting in outside the Temple. She slowly removed her cloak, exposing a significant portion of her deep red skin to the candlelight. "I've always felt it a shame that we've had our disagreements."

sirvani.jpg

As much as his muscles and the entire mood itself was relaxed, the deepest stare never flinched in its course. That is, to say, until the cloak was removed. Even when rooted in his most well-natured of mindsets, the striking appeal of such physical beauty was never an object to be taken for granted. Long had he knew Sirvani by face and voice, having rarely ever devulged in thoughts beyond that which was his master's own. A muffled swallow underneath the cover of his hand arose from the act, recovering in his position so that he was no longer seated in meditation, rather very loose and relaxed.

"...Our past has been rather troublesome. My quest in searching for the role that darkness plays within knowledge had left me reliant upon the scriptures that were centuries old. I realized all too late that their words were not my own. Even if they came from my voice, they were not what I had believed to be true all along."

He had also, in turn, felt the need to remove some of the extra clothing that had been layered to weather the intense cold that howled mere yards along beyond the thick temple walls. Loosening the clasp upon his cloak, the man folded it loosely in both arms and gently lay it beside him. Underneath, he wore his normal attire when monitoring Kamino's facilities in his after hours. A long sleeved button down shirt that was kept prestine white which he promptly rolled up, an intricate silver belt laced with crushed gemstone, and normal officer-style black slacks.

"You must understand where I was coming from..." In a quick, yet subtle way, her hand became enveloped by his own. The bounds of thought and deed were breeched, wanting to further sympathize with her by reinforcing that idea with his touch. By now, the usual callice and cold touch was soothing for once, his forearm glistening in the heat.

"...The troubles of youth. Do you believe me to still be that man?"

Oblivion.jpg

She wondered at his grasp on her hand, but pushed the curiosity aside. He had always been hard for her to read. Even now, when he was the most relaxed than she had ever seen him, his eyes were unfathomable.

As he earnestly asked if she still thought he was the same man John had trained, she looked deeper into his eyes. She thought of all the times she had spoken with him, seen him act, and knew the answer in her heart.

"No," she said softly. "Before, you were young and, forgive me, rather naive. But you have matured in your knowledge of the Force, and I respect you for that. I do not hold you to your past. You are not the man you were then."

It was a lesson she should have learned before this. And indeed, she had struggled with the past before. It had a way of haunting her, dogging her steps. But she had had to learn that life went on, even when it seemed it shouldn't. There was nothing one could do to change the past--it had happened, and now was set in stone. But it didn't have to mean that people were the same way. They changed, grew, and became wiser. The same had happened to her. And to the man beside her.

sirvani.jpg

There was a sense of delight in knowing that those words uttered were true, continuing to stare intently back at her with the same amount of confidence and sincerity. Time would continue in their hold, the man beginning to lightly trace the bottom of his thumb against the surface of her hand. Knowledge over the elements, often turned for violence and bloodshed, now became used in a much more sly and inticing way. A small stream of water, cool to the touch, was sent along the back of her forearm in a seductive manner. It moved across her dark red skin, tracing every curve of her arm and began to dissipate at the base of the woman's neck.

"Tell me," The Sith spoke in a hushed voice, slowly taking his guest's opposite hand with his as each now became seized, "To a changed man, all your feelings. I can see it in your eyes, I always have, this exuberant fire that never ceases to calm. Though your body acts one way, your spirit never lets go of this emotion..."

Shifting his weight further, taking a step closer so that they were near eye to eye, the silhouette of his figure would become blurred. The candelight that highlighted his features would intensify while all other objects were torn aside, leaving only his image.

"I shall be honest with you as well... Through my dealings with other members of our order, I noticed this trait in all the great Lords of our era and those of old... Yet, for some reason, I continue to lack this feeling, this emotion you possess. Sirvani... It is to these means I wish to meet, your body and mine..."

Then, like a stroke of lightning, his back craned heavily forward, meeting his lips with the side of his guest's tender neck. Fingers tighting their hold upon her hand, an even visual dark flame began to manifest around the tips of them, feeding off her energy slowly.

Oblivion.jpg

As his purpose was revealed, part of her was unsurprised. She hadn't guessed it earlier, but he was a man, after all...and each man was just like the next in that respect.

At first, she wanted to pull back, and turned her head the opposite way as his lips began to caress her neck. But a shiver of pleasure ran through her at the same time. How long had it been now? She had been through so much...and he would be able to comfort her, to satisfy her.

The only thing that bothered her was his motives. Pulling one hand free, she reached up to his face and drew it parallel to hers. "Is this merely for your intellectual advancement? Your desire to be like the Sith Lords of old?"

She didn't vocalize it, but wondered if any part of him held any actual desire for her. Was she just the most available woman around, or had he sought her out specifically?

sirvani.jpg

Curious, he had anticipated a far more harsh reaction, yet at the same time it was unsurprising. They both had a common thread, having been lost from their mate for so long, the joys of company made far more sense then what reality seemed to warrant at times. As their eyes drew upon one another again, he leaned back in towards her neck, this time muttering into her left ear softly.

"...There was a reason I sought you. That... is not it."

A hand gently cupped her exposed shoulder, feeling out the warmth as the dark flame seemed to slowly spread around the site. It did not yield sensations of pain, although it drew forth a feeling of stimulation, feeding off the fiery passion within.

"You came to me in a dream... Ever since, my mind has been warped... I must have you. I must find out if this feeling is real... Is this insanity? Perhaps. Who knows. The very question beckons the title, sometimes."

Oblivion.jpg