Korriban

Exodus

When Quietus's eyes slide across the room towards him, he turned his head and met the new Dark Lord's eyes. He had never before laid eyes upon Montar until now and in the brief second that the two held each others gaze, his eyes seemed to go from a brilliant shade of emerald to a dull lackluster shade of green; a transformation the opposite of what was normal.

It wasn't that he didn't respect the man, because he did hold at least a minor pool of respect for anyone who could attain the rank of master and return from the dead without use of cloning technology, but he just wasn't fond of the man as he had been of Kakuto. Evidenced by his first little speech was his inexperience in the field of public speaking and being able to say something as words escaped his lips, rather then just letting the words out alone.

Mention of the Trinity caught his attention though. It had been instated in Kakuto's rule, but he couldn't recall ever hearing of it extending to the battle field. The previous three, Kakuto, Exodus, and Dagon, had only paid lip service to the ideal of working as an unstoppable, synergistic team of three Sith. If this Quietus could get the Trinity working while in the heat of combat, as to set an example for the rest of the order and lesser trinity's that might be formed, then perhaps he might do something useful during his reign.

The position of Warrior also caught his attention, but not enough to merit him speaking up. During his time as a Sith Lord he had fought hard and relentlessly and many had come to refer to him as a great Warrior, but during his time as a master he focused on refining his abilities and developing several skills in the skills of stealth, mind wars, and even a few that would fall under the preview of a Krath. In idle bemusement he wondered if he would still be able to fight as hard as he had during his lordship, moving in an obviously powerful stride and striking crippling blows rather then sneaking around concealed by the shadows and striking soft and fast repeatedly.

One question did rise forth and drew his rather short, lean body into a standing position. For a moment he took the time to observe all the Sith as most of them, save probably the two females and a couple others, towered over his form. To Quietus he offered a mere nod of his head. It conveyed respect, but not obedience.

”œAnd the Empire? What is your opinion on them? Right now after the battle above Csilla, a rather trivial battle in the first place and what I'd call a horrible mistake, the Empire is left licking its wounds as they completely evacuate Cardia. Yes, Cardia”¦The Imperial stronghold, the place where they could best provide a powerful defense should the Alliance opt to further weaken them.

I've heard much about Geki, but if this is a show of what his reign as Emperor is going to be like”¦Then I am curious if you will weaken the order by upholding our long standing alliance with them.”

Zeke1purp2.jpg

To look upon him is to forfeit your very soul to his every whim

Silence imprisoned the mouths of a few as scarce questions and obvious answers were tossed aside. As each man spoke; it was like weaknesses and strengths alike dawdled above their heads in an incomplete unison, it became all too kiss-and-tell. He made a mental memorandum of this and allowed the information to sink deep before he could opinionate the new Dark Lord. It would seem, so far, he was accurate in his decision to not presume the worst of the man. His authoritative desire to thrive for success outraced his aspiration for reckless brutality, and that in itself was an indispensable quality when it came to control.

Discipline was what was lacked; several men chose to speak spiteful and audacious words towards this Darth Quietus, not even out of revulsion but out of show that their head was bigger than their ass, vastly bigger. There would be no insolence, no disrespect from Exodus. As experienced and as powerful as he could be claimed; he would show consideration for those that thrived to prosper and those that still considered his brothers and sisters of this dark cultivation. Although, the choice for Quietus to retaliate in such unpredictable circumstances would be foolish. Out of principle still, he would have Exodus' affiliation in battle.

”œAh...”

P3UXctm.gif

Azumi made sure to only keep her gaze upon Jareth, as he spoke he was calm yet condecending toward the one they called Quietus. As the Dark Lord began his speech, she tried to place the names being said, even the events he spoke of, but nothing made sense to her. No matter how much she tried, she still couldn't remember anything before she was eight-teen. Feeling herself growing frustrated, she lightly closed her eyes and desperately tried to grasp even the smallest fragment of memory that was lost in the darkness of her mind.

Azumi then felt her hand move upon Jareths shoulder, she was a bit startled at first being that she had no control over her own movements. Then the girl let a faint smile fall across her lips as she lightly touched his shoulder, if he could control her hand....

She then shifted her weight a bit, trying hard to concentrate on the situation at hand.

Cineon's interest peaked at Yuri's statement. "Yes, what of the Empire? Last time Geki was Emperor he ran their war machine into the ground and I had to re-build the entire armada from nothing. My old Master and I are the ones that made Cardia the all but impregnable fortress that is feared as it is today. Had I not been ordered to leave the Empire to repair the ill-fated Serpent Order I'd be Emperor still. I will not sit idly by and watch that madman destroy the Empire a second time."

barabbas4.jpg

Wow, you're a sick bastard. I thought I was bad, making minions eat their own brains and all
MasterJediJesus: Now you're just being a [richard]

When I get angry, people start dying.

Haphaestus perceived the proceedings with silent interest. Somewhat eloquent and politically-minded for a Dark Lord, he mused concerning Quietus...that is, Raynuk Montar. Curious to see if he actually manages to please the majority of the Sith Order...that is, enough to gain their respect.

The implementation of the Trinity was curious indeed, especially with Exodus being one of them. He didn't think directly about the matter, but it was another perception he would keep in mind, one that could help shape the future or hinder it.

More curious was the anti-Empire sentiment. Haphaestus was a member of the Galactic Empire at present, but he did not allow himself to feel bias at this time. Geki's mistake of going to Csilla had been a dire one indeed, and the Empire was weaker now than it had been in a long time, the armies of Onderin Starlisk triumphant for the day.

But was seperating the Sith and the Empire the best way to go? Were the two of them together not better than the sum of their parts? How could the Sith truly seek to accomplish things without the possibility of a fleet coming with them to their aid? Haphaestus did not like this idea of seperation, but he did not speak just yet.

He wanted to hear what Quietus had to say first. To him, this would be a critical indication of the new Dark Lord's strength--there would be opposition either way, but there was one truly correct decision. One that would pay off in time and upset immediately.

HOWEsON.png

Sirvani listened quietly as Quietus spoke. He seemed to have thought everything through, and she applauded his reintroduction of the Sith Trinity. She thought it a wise step, especially given his lack of popularity in stepping up to take the vacant throne without a fight. By including Oblivion and Exodus in his planning, they should be able to come to a plan of action that would suit the entire Order fairly well.

She listened as the others spoke out, voicing their concerns and acceptances of their positions. Cineon Yahn was one of the Sith she remembered disliking, as she had been severly disrespected by him back on Foy many years ago, and his blatant egotism and snide remarks reminded her of one reason why she didn't like the Sith.

The question of the Empire that arose was a good one. She hadn't really been paying attention to the ancient organization--actually, she hadn't really been paying attention to many of the happenings in the galaxy recently--but she couldn't have avoided hearing about the Battle of Csilla's outcome. It would be interesting to see if the Sith remained tied to the Empire or not. Keeping a peice of her mind on Torin to make sure he didn't do anything stupid or wander off, she listened closely to see what Quietus would say in response.

sirvani.jpg

Emily:"Were you a carrot?"

John: "No, I was more like celery."

Barabbas was sitting down browsing the Holonet for news. He learned that the Hutts were trying to loot... Cardia? Geki abandoned Cardia. Yahn got to his feet in a fit of white rage. "No... no! I've had enough of sitting by in the shadows and letting events take place while I just sit around. I knew he was a bad Emperor, but I didn't know he abandoned Cardia for no reason. I'm going to go kill that son of a bitch, take back what's mine, and restore Cardia for the fortress it's supposed to be. I'll report in when I've secured Imperial holdings."

Barabbas walked out of the chamber fuming. He was no longer needed here. His first destination was Cardia to assess the damage.

barabbas4.jpg

Wow, you're a sick bastard. I thought I was bad, making minions eat their own brains and all
MasterJediJesus: Now you're just being a [richard]

When I get angry, people start dying.

At Barabbas' outburst, Jareth rose and gave a calming glance around the room before addressing the dark lord.

"Master Quietus, I suggest caution in dealing with Geki. As some of you may or may not know, the darkside that has layed dormant within him for many decades has recently awakened. I know this to be true as I aided in his rehabilitation. Believe me when I say he is powerful....much more than any give him credit for or could even imagine. With his own personal strength and the entire empire backing him, I fear that Geki is not a threat that any one sith can put down."

Jareth thought for a moment then continued.

"I will advise you and the newly formed trinity further in this matter once we adjourn from this meeting should you wish it of me. I do not personally care if Barabbas goes off half cocked and gets himself killed, but his actions will surely bring swift retribution from Geki down upon our entire order. Friendship with the Emperor is not easily broken, and his vengance will extend deep into the heart of the Sith should any of our numbers compromise the allegiance."

Haphaestus stood as well. "The Emperor is not to be disrespected as he is being now," he said, his voice unusually strong, the Dark Side amplifying it. His cape fluttered as if a wind had burst through the room, though no one else felt it. Emotion swelled through him, and he mentally frowned, attempting to cast it away. "He is our greatest ally, not our greatest failure. If the Sith attempt to compromise him, I will not stand for it."

The way he used the personal pronoun was almost a challenge. He could by no means take on the whole Sith order, but he could take on the collective bunch of idiots and hotheads this meeting was turning out to be composed of (with exceptions, of course).

But the real meaning behind how he used the word "I" was as a warning, almost as dire as a threat. He was talking about internal war among the Sith, something that they could by no means afford. If the Empire was currently in ruin and the Sith followed due to internal strife, all that was evil in the galaxy would be overtaken by a campaign of good and light and Jedi and the Rebel Alliance and all would be lost.

Still, it was in the spirit of preservation that such a civil war would take place, an amusing thing that did not escape Haphaestus, the Sith Master who was not a fool.

HOWEsON.png

She had intended on arriving earlier, but evidently something had worked against her. Still, she stayed, even if her distain at arriving at the beginning of a meeting showed. Leaving her apprentice (if he classed as that yet) on his ship, Tiana arrived above Korriban just before the meeting began, to observe the proceedings.

Of all the presences aboard the ship, she recognized only one, the rest merely... other people, other Sith, other Force-users. Were there this few?

All the more reason for the Sith to need to be reunited under a leader.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Jareth could not help but let a small laugh escape his lips at haphaestus' comments.

It was as if watching a small fish tell a great eagle that he would not be dinner.

Zeke watched as the room erupted in talk from several Masters, rapidly and one right after the other. His face still concealed, he couldn't help but let the tiniest of grins posse his lips. Apparently he had touched upon a hot topic and it would only interest him to further push the topic”¦

”œInteresting, Haphaestus. You believe Geki is our greatest ally even though since the beginning of his most recent reign he has began the downward spiral of a once great war machine; similar to what happened last time he was in charge. Apparently, you'd even go so far as to say you'd stand against the Dark Lord himself if he wished to break contact with the Empire, or remove the current Emperor”¦”

Zeke1purp2.jpg

The decision was not merely one that could be dwelled over a long period in time. His loyalties tied with the teachings of the Krath, the support throughout the ages to the one Dark Lord. There were no men in this audience, nor whether any where in the galaxy, that could challenge his commitment. The very nature of his being, focusing on the tendrils of the darkness, stemmed from this one true will. Choosing wisdom to guide his actions, but not bidding towards hesitation as any Jedi Master would, Oblivion promptly stood forward shortly after Lord Exodus responded to the call.

"Lord of Lords..." Almost as an echo, gaze affixed to the powerful centerfold which was Quietus, he spoke just as softly, yet more pronounced then his predecessor, "...It would be an honor to serve the Dark Lord once more as part of his council."

While he was but an apprentice at the time when the Trinity consisted of Lord Ryu, Master Dagon, and Exodus, he was present during such meetings. His opinion, even back then, was valued but now he had accomplished the deed he took up so very long ago. Oblivion acquired the necessary knowledge and patience towards one permenant goal; one that could never be rended by even the most skillful and powerful of hands. Again, he was a man that was defined by his will and determination both in his studies and devote faith to the Krath's sacred tomes.

After what was needed to be spoken was made real, he settled back to seat to where his former place had led him astray from. There he would reside and watch carefully the reactions that ensued. Clasping his hands together, the Sith thought solemnly to himself while secretly making his intentions aware to Quietus through concentrated thought...

The Dark Lord's response to such a claim may be the deciding factor in rallying what ever unfaithful parties that still exist to coincide. This decision is a most difficult one, but must be acted swiftly without faulter.

Oblivion.jpg

”œAll worlds begin in darkness. In darkness, all worlds shall end.”

Alora listened quietly as the others spoke, feeling the tension around the room. The Sith Mistress found herself nodding in agreement to Jareth, as she also had taken part in Geki's restoration of powers. When there was a break in the conversation she added,

"I second Master Jareth's comments about Geki's strength. He shouldn't be underestimated. I took part in... removing the disease from his body."

A wicked grin crossed her face with regards to that. She had had to 'fry' him with Force lightning until he had been close to death. It had been under his instructions to do so and had been how he had rid himself of the disease that had previously wracked his body. While she had used her powers of seduction on him afterwards, she had chosen not to sleep with him. She didn't actually sleep with everyone she seduced... it was knowing that she could seduce them that mattered to her, knowing that she could have power over them.

Alora fell silent once more, waiting to see what else her former master and now Dark Lord had to say. Her interest had been spiked when he had mentioned Exodus and Oblivion for the other positions of his Trinity.

IgyyGiX.jpg

Darth Alraune

Quietus' eyes followed around the room to those who spoke as they took their turn responding to both his words and the words of the others gathered here. When the subject of the Empire was brought up, the Dark Lord instantly knew that the room would be split in their opinions about whether the Sith should break contact or not, and what the opinion of Geki would be. This would prove to either strengthen the support for Quietus or shatter it all together. Quietus had expected this topic to come up sooner or later, but he had hoped for it to come later then it did.

"Ah yes... the Empire. Judging by the variety of responses, clearly that is a touchy subject."

Quietus flashed a grin and then sighed, sitting back down in his chair and folding his hands on the table in front of him. He took a moment to think over his words, and then spoke again.

"I had figured that this question would arise, and so I gave it much thought before I started this meeting. To start off with, I will have to say that I agree with Zeke to a point. I myself received no true explanation from Geki or anyone else as to what the purpose of that battle was. But the point remains that I myself joined the battle. I do not expect all of you to think that I made the correct decision in that regard of joining the battle. When I made the decision to join the battle, I made it clear to those who I had talked to that the choice would be theirs. I had no intention of forcing anyone into that battle after so recently taking the mantle of Dark Lord.

I had my reasons though, which I expect most of you want to hear. Quite simply, knowing that the Sith were this...scattered, I thought that joining the battle in support of Geki would at least push the issues of our alliance back until I had proper time to think and consider all parts of it. But I also joined that battle knowing full well that the Rebellion had Jedi aiding them. I went to that battle to send a clear message to the Jedi that the Sith were not finished yet. A point that I clearly made by slaying a Master and a Knight. But I was not finished there, I wanted more. I wanted there to be an ever present reminder. And so, I acquired this..."

Quietus dug into the collar of his dress robes with his hand, and emerged clasping something quite large. He immediately threw it through the air, landing in the middle of the table for all to see. There, attached to a loop of string made out of wokkiee hair, was a dismembered wookiee paw.

"In case some of you do not know, that... is the paw of the Jedi Master Kirlocca. He knows the power that the Sith hold currently... a lesson he will not soon forget.

But that brings us back to the issue of the Empire... As I said, I have spent time thinking about this, and I have made a decision. I, as the Dark Lord of the Sith, will NOT commit the Sith as a whole to campaigns and battles that the Trinity deem to be frivolous. If our best interests are not with joining the Empire in battle, then we simply will not join them in battle. We will not defend their starships from the rebellion or the Jedi if the plans of the Empire does not deliver us gains."

Quietus stood from his chair, and in silence, locked eyes with everyone again in turn before continuing.

"I know the power that Geki holds... I have seen him in combat myself, as recently as Csilla. He knows that it is I who guide the hand of the Sith, that I am the one who commands our warriors, our assassins, and our sorcerers to kill. If Geki wishes to get himself killed and his warships destroyed at the hands of his enemies, that will be is his problem... Not ours.

If this decision does not please him, then I invite him to come speak to myself and the other Trinity leaders. But at the same time, I know all too well that the Empire at times can be a powerful ally, one that I will not risk by flat-out cutting our ties to them.

Quietus at this point specifically looked at Haphaestus.

"I know that you are an agent of the Empire Haphaestus, but you are also a Sith. I believe it is time for you to decide which you cherish more, which you see as your primary classification. Either way, I assure you that your decision will carry no ill will or feelings of resentment.. You have skirted the edge of both groups for too long.

Judging from your outbursts however, it would seem that you have your mind made up. Geki may be a powerful individual and command a vast... or at least what used to be vast... fleet at his disposal, but he will not drag the Sith into extinction, mark my words.

If you choose to call yourself a member of the Empire... Then you will forsake your right to train others in the art of the Sith, as well as forsake any hope of rising to the next rank. You will be essentially cut off from the inner workings of the Sith, and be regarded as an outsider with powers.

On the other hand, if you choose to claim yourself as a Sith, you will be expected to serve our interests first. You will not be allowed to help the Empire if the Trinity deems the battle to be pointless. If you do not respect our decisions, then you will risk being exiled from the Sith all together, and your powers will be stripped. I do hope you understand."

Not giving Haphaestus a chance to respond before his gaze swept the room again.

"And I assure you, Cineon will be given the same choice. But it would seem that he has as well already made his decision, one which will bring with it an unforeseen outcome to him. You see my friends, Cineon will find a surprise upon his arrival at Cineon. I know a piece of information that will... shock all of you."

Quietus could not help but let a grin creep across his face. He stood from his chair and began to slowly pace around the room, glancing up at a Sith every so often.

"Throughout this meeting I have spoken of how I respected our former Dark Lord, Kakuto Ryu, greatly and how I plan to continue and finish the great number of things that he started during his time on the throne before his disappearance. But his... disappearance was not what it seemed, as I recently found out. Some of you believed Kakuto to have died, and that is why he disappeared."

Quietus stopped and looked around again, his devilish grin widening as he realized just how many people were on the edge of their seats right now.

"Master Ryu is not dead. Nor has he died since his disappearance. Before I called this meeting, I decided that I would take Ziost as the primary location from which myself and the Trinity would rule from. Imagine my surprise as upon exiting hyperspace I see this ship, the Heretic, floating in orbit. I boarded it, and upon further inquires found it to have been created, and commissioned, by Kakuto himself to serve as a mobile platform and command ship for the Dark Lord.

From there I intended to take the Ziggurat, but I was again struck with surprise... Kakuto had been hiding within his Ziggurat since his disappearance. He did not die. In his words... He retired."

Quietus allowed the various Sith to ponder the implications of this revelation.

"However... before you ask, Kakuto had no intention of returning as the Dark Lord.... At least not yet. He gave me his full support and blessing to take the mantle of the Dark Lord and lead us as a collective brotherhood back into victory."

He turned to Exodus and Oblivion in turn as he continued,

"It was Kakuto who, upon my mention of continuing his work with the Trinity, mentioned the two of you and your skills. It was Kakuto who suggested that I nominate the two of you, and so you have him to thank, if not yourselves for your outstanding performance as a Sith."

He turned once more to address the entire meeting again.

"As I said before, Cineon will find a rather surprising find at Cardia. Recently, shortly before this meeting actually began, Kakuto himself decided to travel to Cardia and defend it. That is where he currently is. That is why he does not join us in person...which unfortunately does little to verify my story at the moment. In due time however, Master Ryu will make his presence and influence known."

Finally finishing his walk around the table, The Dark Lord again sat in his chair at the head, and looked around, waiting for someone, anyone, to respond to what they had just been told or to even propose another question. He knew that much headway had been made in both reorganizing the Sith as well as proving himself worthy of being the Dark Lord.

1fE1uLv.png

I ate a hippo. It was delicious.

May the Forth therve you well...

He is trying to find ways to please everyone with responses such as that.

Without any other movement, Zeke took his seat and relaxed. He turned the rather long, drawn out, explanation over in his mind several times as he picked it apart rapidly. It was interesting to say the least, and perhaps a decent idea but it didn't change the way he now viewed the Dark Lord.

We do not serve him; he serves us.

Perhaps in due time this new...Dark Lord would grow into a more suiting man to lead the Sith, but as he was there left much to be desired. There was far too much talk involved with his take over. There wasn't a problem with him taking it over without slaying the former Dark Lord, but adding in all the mind numbing talk...Was he trying to kill the entire order all at once?

Rather then bother standing again, Zeke spoke from his seat.

"That pseudo-Wookiee Jedi wannbe might know about the 'power' we hold, but what of the rest of the Galaxy? Shall we expect to sit in atrophy while you and the Trinity discuss what should or shouldn't be done? Should we expect our leadership to become tied up in 'politics' as the Jedi have done in the past?"

After a moments pause he continued...

"...Watching the Empire lose, the Sith tied up in Politics while the Alliance wins a major victory and the Jedi are getting things done. It's as if the tables have turned. I don't favor being on the losing side, how quickly do you plan to rectify that?"

Zeke1purp2.jpg

Nurgle had stayed silent during the duration of the meeting. He had allowed Quietus to make his presentation. He had heard every word of the question and answer session the new Dark Lord had conducted. Nurgle had then considered his words very carefully. He really had no desire for power within the Sith Order. Dark Lord's did not live long, and Nurgle intended to live forever. But he also knew the success of the Sith was something dear to his heart. He also knew Quietus was not a Sith to be dismissed. He would crush those who did not show the balance of strength without openly challenging his power. It was a delicate line to walk. But Nurgle wanted to make it clear the Sith Order would not become a set of slaves. They would enforce the rhetoric of unity Quietus claimed to believe in.

"You have made a very impressive case for yourself Dark Lord. But I must first echo Zeke's implication. Displaying the paw of Jedi Master Kirlocca is hardly something that is going to impress. I wouldn't be surprised if the foolish old wookiee cut it off himself."

Nurgle knew it required more than that to kill Kirlocca. It was a worthy accomplisment. But he wanted to make it clear Quietus could not rule by intimidation and fear. Nurgle knew Quietus to be reasonable. He had meant the man a few times before. In fact, Quietus had imprisoned Nurgle when he was a mere Sith hopeful, before he unlocked his divine powers. Then Quietus had simply disappeared. Now he returned to the galaxy seeking leadership of the Sith Order. It was going to be a bumpy road. Nurgle felt that also worthy of noting.

"I think there are a few mistakes you are making, with respect Dark Lord. You are trying to unite the Sith, yet you tell us to get off your ship if we do not accept your terms. It seems to me you need us to maintain power, not the other way around. You ask Haphaestus and Barrabas to choose sides. I have no love for the Empire, and would like nothing more than to see both governmental authorities fall to the power of the Sith. But I recognize the reality that it is very advantageous to have Sith within the Emperor's fold. Haphaestus is loyal to the Empire, but he is a Sith. It would be a mistake to ask him to choose while the Emperor does not seem to require such a thing. If I were him, the choice would be quite clear."

Now doubt Quietus knew Haphaestus was once an apprentice of Nurgle. But he was speaking honestly, he did not feel his words came out of bias.

"I can promise you now the Sith here will not accept a dictatorship. Many Sith here have created a powerful network with each other. In contrast, few have a relationship with you. That does not mean you are doomed for failure. You are a Sith from the days of old. There is great advantage to have you as our Dark Lord. All I am saying is that it would be a mistake to start calling out those who are not willing to pledge their lives to you. You use language that implies we are all on your side, yet despite your use of "our" I do not recall agreeing to exile Haphaestus should he not obey orders "we" also did not yet create. I can pledge my support for you and my willingness to adhere to your commands. But my life is pledged only to the Order, not the figurehead that represents it. That is the way most Sith will see it."

dartdominusgi2.jpg

"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking."

-Darth Rivan

Haphaestus' mechanical mind observed quietly while his organic mind exploded with a thousand toxins that he attempted to keep track of. The results were curious. First, he felt annoyance at Zeke's statement. The other Sith seemed to think Haphaestus did not know what he was saying. That was extremely foolish.

When Zeke stopped, the Dark Lord spoke again. This provoked different responses. Something identifyable as shame became apparent, as though what had been perceived as an "outburst" had been foolish and innappropriate. This quickly shifted to anger towards Quietus, anger so intense that, if his biological mind had been in full control of his body, he would have grabbed his lightsabers and activated them immediately.

Strange. These toxins are strong, but their messages are irrational. How can a human function with these constant, instictual pressures?

At any rate, it seemed that Quietus had more respect for Geki than the rest of the Sith, and that was good. Haphaestus felt a flash of skepticism when Quietus claimed to know of his involvement with the Empire. That was extremely unlikely, Haphaestus calculated, given how recent his alignment with the Emperor had been and the relative secrecy surrounding the position he had been given. But why would the Dark Lord bet on such a guess being true? And what was this about "skirting the edges of both groups"? Haphaestus did no such thing.

But the choice Quietus offered was a curious one, and it was irrational as the human emotions still flowing unebbed through Haphaestus' flesh. Anyone could easily feel such emotions through the Force and probably were wondering why he wasn't doing more than standing calmly before them.

The choice was clear. If Haphaestus were to align himself with the Empire, he would reportedly forsake the right to train others in the way of the Sith (which he had very little interest in anyway) and give up the possibility of rising to the "next rank"...that is, becoming the Dark Lord of the Sith. He was already a Sith Master. Frankly, if he wanted to become the Dark Lord and was able to kill Quietus in personal combat, his alignment with the Empire would hardly stop him.

But he chose not to proclaim such a decision out loud, and no one would detect it. Even the biological emotion of resolve was not proclaimed, and he shunned away the other hindering emotions. He was first Geki's, for now.

And, in that light, it looked like he had something to attend to. Not having sat back down, he bowed to the Dark Lord and left with no proclaimed decision. The observer could tell that the termination of his presence probably had something to do with Barrabas', but which side he had chosen was not clear.

Moments later, he was on his way to Carida again aboard his small, nondescript ship.

HOWEsON.png

(I really shouldn't post at 3am. I get crazy ideas, reading my previous post, I wonder what the hell I was thinking DAMAGE CONTROL! )

After this next round of words from the gathering of the Sith, Quietus nodded slowly in silence. They were correct in hindsight. He could not please anyone, nor could he or should he force members of both the Empire and Sith to choose a side. The Empire was a key ally, and perhaps the only ally of the Sith in these days, severing any ties would no doubt prove to be a bad move.

His thoughts decided, he turned to Zeke and answered his question.

"You have a cloud of confusion in your mind Zeke. You claim that you do not serve me, but rather that I serve you all. I do not disagree with this; my intentions are not to force the Sith into anything based on my twisted judgments as I have said before. But yet you worry about being tied up in politics and decision making. Tell me, now am I to serve the brotherhood if I am not allowed to discuss and consider what is best for them. Would you have me blindly make decisions and force you into them, or would you have me take some more time and do as the general consensus of the brotherhood is?"

He turned to Nurgle next, a Master who Quietus had expected to speak up earlier. It was clear to Quietus that he was genuinely interested in the preservation of the Sith and sought to see all angles before speaking his own.

"I did not intend for the paw of Kirlocca to impress any of you into changing your minds about me for the better. I took his paw so that he will remember who took it from him, and so others, Jedi and others alike, will know that the Sith still exist and still rend flesh from its enemies."

As Nurgle spoke again about the 'mistakes' that Quietus was making, he could only listen intently. He knew that there would be little point in arguing anything that Nurgle said, for it would only cause further damage to Quietus' case.

"Yes, you are correct Nurgle. And as I have said, I have no intention of completely cutting off all connections with the Empire. I will admit I was a little zealous with my words regarding choosing a side. I merely want to make sure that Geki does not think that he has the support of the Sith based solely on the actions of Haphaestus and Barabbas when he does not. I will admit that I can not prevent any of you from rushing to join a battle that the Empire has waged, even when it is deemed to be frivolous. I quite honestly had no faith that Haphaestus would even make the decision and stick to it.

As for this talk of a dictatorship, I must say that you clearly have not been listening to what i have been saying Nurgle. I have no intentions of making the Sith into a dictatorship where my will rules all. I reinstated the Trinity for this reason, I have gathered you all here to discuss it for this reason. My reign will be one of the Sith, not of the will of Quietus. But all of you have to understand, that I can no do both. Zeke speaks of worry at being tied up in politics, a fact that will be a reality when the thoughts and ideas of the Sith are to be considered by myself and the Trinity. The only way to avoid being tangled in politics, is for the decisions to be made by me and me alone... But alas, that would bring us to a dictatorship.

In the end however, I feel the same as you Master Nurgle. My pledge of loyalty is to the Sith, not the will of the Dark Lord, even when that is myself."

1fE1uLv.png

Quietus turned to Zeke and returned the slightly insane grin.

"Curious as it may be, remember Zeke that I am a Master of old, before the Sith classes even existed. As such, my training was much more intensive and covered all three sections of the Sith. Much more was required of me to attain the rank of Master then is now required in any one class. You will do well to remember that..."

The Dark Lord stood once more and strolled over to the wall where the hologram projector controls were. He pushed a few select buttons, and the room dimmed, and in it's place a projection of a planet jumped into reality in the middle of the table.

"You spoke of preparing a plan Zeke... And I am way ahead of you. The battle of Csilla was one part in making our presence known. There, myself and those who chose to join me, showed that the Sith will come to the aid of the Empire at times.... Now it is time to show that we are not merely soldiers who go where the Empire does.

This, as I am sure most of you recognize.... Is Coruscant. This will be our next step. We will take Coruscant by force, and we will kill anything that gets in our way and hinders our plans. Once our take over is complete... We will raze a large portion of the surface, courtesy of the Heretic's guns and build a large Temple on the surface. But that is not all my friends... From there every one of you shall be given a sector surrounding the temple to do with as you wish. It will be your land, and thus hopefully you will be more inclined to defend it. "

The Dark Lord looked around the room to see the reactions of his counterparts, and then turned to Zeke and pointed to the hologram.

"Go kill. Any questions?"

1fE1uLv.png

At Quietus' words regarding ''old sith'' and the distinction between the class system, Jareth was somewhat less perturbed.

Then the meeting was adjourned and Jareth rose from his seat taking Azumi's arm in his. The pair exited and made their way back toward the Sith Master's ship.

Once there, Jareth turned to his new friend and spoke,

"What did you think of that? Not too boring for you I hope."

Azumi smirked at Jareth when he asked her that question. The meeting was quite boring to her, but Jareth was another story, everything about him and his life was facinating.

"The meeting wasn't really as exciting as I had hoped, but watching you as you spoke to them was what caught my interest. I could listen to you talk all day."

Jareth grinned at Azumi's comment and quickly replied,

"Well then, I'm glad you found something to keep you awake at least. Nodding off would have been hardly acceptable....I daresay they might have thought you rude had you started snoring."

The sith master made his way to the bridge and took control of the ship while lifting out of orbit. Once the craft had broken the atmosphere and they were in space, Jareth called for Azumi to join him,

"Ok, since you suffered through that meeting, I suppose it's time we did something you want to do. Where would you like to go? I'll take you anywhere you wish."

Azumi fingered her long hair thinking of places she could suggest Jareth to take her, nothing really came to mind... but she didn't want him to think she was that boring. She tried to think of places her friends told her about, she then faintly remembered a few talking of Naboo.

"I supose I'd like to see Naboo, a few girls I was friends with in the past spoke of it and told me I should see it whenever I had the chance. I figure this is probably the only chance I'll get in my lifetime."

With the meeting adjourned, there was but a few questions that loitered within his mind. There was no time however; the brotherhood was cast off into confrontation once more and a certain commitment strained Exodus to commence even if he did not wish too. With a restless haste, he departed from the chamber and made speed towards a depot of TIE Defenders as was best suited for this new objective; his own vessel was still under construction and therefore ineffective at this point in time. Once there, no questions were asked, he suited up and entered space for Coruscant.

P3UXctm.gif

"Very well then."

Jareth plotted a course to Naboo and within seconds, the Tigershark was on it's way thgrough hyperspace.

((MOD APPROVED))

::The vague presence felt by Darth Quietus and Barabbas was being fed to them on purpose to make them somewhat alert. His masked presence was uncloaked and the presence of an immense Dark Side user was instantly felt by all aboard the Heretic. The coalescing energy around the ship formed into a large singular mass off the right bow of the ship. A large orb of light, half the size of the ship appeared. It was festering with small traces of electricity::

::The ball of light was shrinking slightly, pulsating with green light. Large amounts of magnetism disrupted the ships instruments, making it impossible to make hyperspace calculations. A gravity well shortly became present to prevent a blind jump. The pulsating stopped and the size became constant. Some more electricity went around the edges and the orb exploded. A huge wave of energy struck the ship and hit it with such a force that it rotated a full 90 degrees from contact::

The alarm began to ring inside the ship, though most of the Sith aboard were able to keep their reserve.

::After recovering from the initial shock those aboard the Dark Lord's ship saw a huge anomaly in front of them. A Force Storm. The largest ever seen and of intensity not witnessed since Emperor Palpatine himself. The ship could not move and it slowly was pulled into the storm, eventually being engulfed completely, disappearing from Korriban::

((Everyone aboard the Heretic are in non-space until the ship re-emerges. Until then none of you may post.))

celt.jpg